Loom

4.7

Loom is a platform that allows you to make quick videos using a lightning-fast video recorder capable of capturing your screen, webcam, and microphone.

Work for Loom?

Learning about Loom?

Loom Reviews

Ask Loom a Question
Showing 19 Loom reviews
Loom review by Vinit A.
Vinit A.

"Most Simple Browser based Video Recorder"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of using the software with their chrome extension. You can just click on one button on the top of the browser and you are all ready to start recododing your video. Really great experience, and because of that I have been able to record a lot more tutorial videos for my chatbot builder product, than i would have been able to otherwise.

What do you dislike?

Well, sometimes the application crashes horribly, and i have lost some videos that i have recorded because of that. I suppose this can happen from time to time, since this is a heavy load video recording sotware. But the customer support were very helpful and responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It's very simple to install and use. I think you will like it.

We have a chatbot builder product, hellotars.com and we wanted ti suppliment our help doc articles with a series of videos to help people use the product much more effecctively. And in the video based tutorials you can communicate and explain a lot more things than a written article, specially for advanced features in our product. I think making quick videos with loom has benefitted us by making our product easier to understand and use.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Loom
Loom review by Juraj P.
Juraj P.

"The best tool for screen recording I've tried"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Loom is the simplicity and CX of the product. With its Chrome extension, it's literally one-click screen recording and the upload is instant too, letting me share with the team or clients immediately without any further editing or setup needed.

What do you dislike?

When switching between different tabs in a browser, it takes the video a second or two to reset. However, this doesn't depreciate the overall experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might take you a few videos to get used to the feel of it, especially if you're not used to recording yourself, but soon after you'll see an improvement and Loom will become an integral part of your workflow.

We see the biggest benefit whenever sending product updates to the team internally, our partners or when needing to quickly show a feature to a customer. This can replace a whole meeting or a conference call in many cases.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

Loom review by Jayson G.
Jayson G.

"Makes my screen sharing tutorials way easier"

What do you like best?

I like how fast you can produce a demonstration video when you need someone to follow your steps without explaining in text. Right after recording, the video is processed simultaneously and you can readily send the link to the recorded video fo your screen to anyone instantly. Very nifty, especially when you are in a tight schedule, and you wanted to get your demonstrations across someone. I personally have done several tutorials, and I can send people links to my videos almost instantly after recording. And best part is, I can even download my videos and upload it later on Youtube.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to complain with Loom. It is neat and very handy with my screen video tutorials, and I could not ask for more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would totally recommend loom for people who have a team and wanted to leave them a step by step tutorial video or on-screen tutorials to follow. Highly intuitive and easy to use, there is no learning curve when using this tool. It comes right in your browser as an extension.

I used to do image screenshots of my tutorials and illustrate them with arrows and all. It is quite cumbersome and takes a lot of time to finish. If I need a simple idea to come across, I will need to make a 30-minute illustration of it. With Loom, I can just record a video of my screen and have the link sent to the party involved, and I'm all done. Very fast and very helpful. Especially, when I need people in my team follow my steps closely.

Loom review by Henry C.
Henry C.

"Saves time and improves communication"

What do you like best?

Loom makes it incredibly easy to take quick videos to share internally with development staff and externally to help onboard clients. It's great to see both the screen and the user in the video as this helps build understanding with remote teams.

What do you dislike?

Better organization of videos on their platform, including tagging, would be helpful. More export options would be helpful when trying to use the videos outside of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for quick, informal videos. Replaces screenshots and lengthy descriptions. I can significantly reduce the "back and forth" with remote teams.

I have completely abandoned screenshots for communicating stories, tasks, and bugs to our remote development staff. A video provides much more context to the request. We have also started to use this for customer onboarding when demonstrations are challenged by international timezones.

Loom review by Rangga S.
Rangga S.

"A new way to communicate through video"

What do you like best?

We don't have to spend any money to use loom as it's completely free. Loom provide dedicated button on gmail so we can send and share video from gmail right away. Easy to use, just click the loom extension and hit the record button

What do you dislike?

Loom only support audio from external microphone and unable to record audio from inbuilt speaker. There's no option to set the quality of the video

Writing tutorial on how to use apps takes lots of time and some peoples might don't understand only by reading it, that's why video tutorial come in handy. Record video using loom is very practical, we don't have to leave our browser to start recording. Sharing videos is also very easy since loom has many integration like google docs, slack, github, etc.

Loom review by Dillon G.
Dillon G.

"Loom and How to Weave Videos into your Customer Support Interactions"

What do you like best?

I love how Loom provides an easy way to capture video of my screen.

It's perfect for quickly capturing a workflow within my company's product, and allows me to connect with customers over email in a whole new way! Loom is great for speeding up your email replies while still keeping them in-depth and thorough. Gone are the days of sending multiple screenshots to try and direct a customer through a unique set of steps. It adds a personal touch to every support interaction and is a must for any support team!

What do you dislike?

Loom could provide a better way of organizing my video library, I'm not currently aware of a way to tag or organize videos efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loom is a must have! If you aren't utilizing video capture currently, you need to try it out. It's easy to use and once you start you won't be able to stop.

Loom has solved the issue of long tedious email chains to solve a problem and adds a personal element to every support interaction that we utilize it in.

Loom review by Bridgette R.
Bridgette R.

"Loom Review"

What do you like best?

I started using this about 6 months ago and have enhanced my video quality so much. I love that I can record a quick video for customers and have my face appear. It really helps build that connection.

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning the product and don't have too many dislikes. Overall, great software.

I am creating content a LOT faster than before. Creating content faster means when busy season comes I will have that completed and be able to share that content with our users.

Loom review by Haylee G.
Haylee G.

"Weave Awesome Content on Loom"

What do you like best?

I like the Chrome extension that allows me to record my screen at a moment's notice and edit the end product from within the browser. I also love that I am able to decide to download or to immediately share my video as soon as I have completed recording.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to dislike at this point, it took very little time to setup and to start using.

Instant tech help and customer service as well as more in depth tutorial videos.

Loom review by George S. H.
George S. H.

"I Use this every day"

What do you like best?

I use it to record training videos and to help troubleshoot any issues that come up. It really helps to show people your screen and to associate a voice and face with the message.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It would be great if you could more easily organize a professional looking library that you could share publicly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty easy to get up and running. Have had multiple customers ask what I am using when I send it. Enables you to give them advice, and then they can store that away and reference it later if needed or share with others.

Help people use our software to its fullest capabilities!

Loom review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Easy to use and effective for short videos"

What do you like best?

Loom is incredibly easy to use; even the most "technology-challenged" individual can learn how to make videos in under 10 minutes. I like that you have the option to record yourself while making the video; this makes the video personalized. I also like that you can select what elements of your screen get recorded, thus keeping the video "clean".

What do you dislike?

The video storage is a bit clunky and the interface isn't as sleek as it could be. Though not a criticism of Loom, when you record a video of your computer screen the movement of the mouse can be a bit distracting.

When our organization switched to Salesforce Lightening, and when we started asking non-sales executives to use Salesforce, the organization needed training. Though we ran large-scale training programs, there was a need for shorter, more tactical training modules to help with the basics. I used Loom to record "how to" videos; when someone in the company emailed asking how to do something in Salesforce, instead of just answering that one person's question I would record a video and then posted the video to our intranet. What resulted was a video library for FAQs.

Loom review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"Super useful for sales and customer service"

What do you like best?

The simplicity, its' ease of use and the additional free features like marking a spot on the video, embedding on email...

What do you dislike?

I haven't found something that I dislike yet but apparently, there's only a chrome extension.

Guiding customer through specifics about your product or demo'ing customers that did not have the opportunity or time to schedule a call

Loom review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Easiest way to record videos on Chrome"

What do you like best?

Just the simplicity and immediacy of this tool. It's just wonderful, and it's easy to share without having to save the video onto my personal hard drive

What do you dislike?

It used to have a buggy login interface, which is now resolved.

Sometimes I wish it allowed me to easily overlay some simple text (as I feel shy to talk on my video/tutorial)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make some quick 1-2 minute videos and experiment with the Cut functionality. Submit feedback to them to make sure this product gets even better soon.

Quick way to create tutorials or to show bugs to my dev team.

Loom review by User

"Look is great for How To Instruction"

What do you like best?

I love the option of appearing on screen or not. I love the ease of being able to switch from sharing the application window or full screen with my audience. Finally, the audio quality of my voice is always very clear. You’re always guaranteed a seamless experience.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about this product.

I’m solving my audience’s problems on showing them the ease of using some of my favorite tools.

Loom review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"User Friendly and Efficient"

What do you like best?

It's incredibly easy to record training videos for team members and sales pitches for prospects. I was shocked that it's really as simple as clicking record and stop.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike! I think it would be great to have the ability to draw on screen to aid presentations. I haven't dug through the system enough to know if that's currently offered (it very well may be a feature that I'm unaware of).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Loom. It's the easiest screen recording software I've come across.

Streamline the onboarding process by walking clients through each form.

Present sales pitches to prospects.

Train sales team, admin, and contractors to make sure everyone is on the same page for each project.

Loom review by Administrator

"Useful product"

What do you like best?

Loom lets you record longer videos than other services (like Jing), and edit them. These are great features that set their service apart, and make better quality videos that are clear and concise.

What do you dislike?

Loom isn't as quick and easy to use as Jing, so I still use Jing when I need to quickly make a video for a customer. Loom is great for when I have a few minutes, but does take longer to finish the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loom is a great tool for Client Support teams!

Loom lets us send customers personalized tutorial videos on our programs, providing visual directions on how to navigate their account.

Loom review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"love the concept but had trouble"

What do you like best?

I love the idea of being able to create and send and also receive and watch videos from others. It's a super helpful concept.

What do you dislike?

When I made my first, very short video (and my wifi connection was fine), it never loaded. Also, I couldn't get the sound to work (my microphone).

quickly explaining something to a client without having to type it all out

Loom review by User in Computer Software

"Loom "

What do you like best?

Loom is an easy to use video recording tool and it is free to use! They also allow you to edit your videos to cut out any unwanted parts. It is a great tool if you are in sales and need to show a customer a particular workflow post-demonstration!

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it is free and easy to use. No complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use loom, it is amazing

Easily record videos to send to prospects and clients. Easy video editing

Loom review by Agency
Agency

"Great feature, very useful"

What do you like best?

The ability to take video and webcam and send the whole thing in a small little URL that anyone can access.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to annotate my videos... perhaps to highlight a certain part of the screen or type out something.

I work with remote teams. So explaining things can be difficult at times. So instead of jumping on a call, i can just record a video for them to watch whenever's convenient for them.

Loom review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Very easy to use and it's white labeled"

What do you like best?

It's white labeled so others viewing your screen recording do not know what software you are using.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about yet. I'm happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loom helps you upload easily to youtube. It also is whitelabeled so other users don't see an ad for loom when they are viewing your recording.

I'm solving proving my tests are as I stated them!

Learning about Loom?

* We monitor all Loom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.