LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive) Reviews & Product Details

What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive)?

Information Bar Add-on

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive) Profile Details

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive) Profile Details

LinkedIn
Description
LinkedIn connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. With more than 400 million members worldwide, including executives from every Fortune 500 company, LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network on the Internet.
2003
Sunnyvale, CA
@LinkedIn
1,488,025

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive) Reviews

1-50 of 64 total Navigator for Gmail reviews

LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Gmail (formerly Rapportive) Reviews

1-50 of 64 total Navigator for Gmail reviews
Casework Supervisor (volunteer position)
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Must-Have for Client-Facing Gmail Users"

What do you like best?

I routinely use Rapportive to guess email addresses and easily get to LinkedIn profiles.

Just put an email address in the To field and Rapportive will (90% or more of the time) show the person's LinkedIn profile if you've got it right. You can also hover your cursor over email addresses to change the Rapportive display to that person's information - really handy when you're copied on a group email and not sure who the rest of the recipients are.

Clicking on the LinkedIn logo to get to the person's profile page.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback I've seen in many years of using it is that lately I can't send a connection request directly from the Rapportive info in Gmail. I have to visit their actual LinkedIn profile page and click on connect the regular way. Not a big deal; just an error I've been getting consistently as of late.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install it. Super easy to use and you start seeing the benefits immediately. Haven't found it to be a bloated extension or slowing anything else down in any way.

I've used Rapportive in a sales context, mostly for new business, but it's been really helpful in working with people I already know. It's a nice reminder to look someone up online to find mutual interests.

Business Development Manager
Financial Services

"Best platform for finding the right person"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Rapportive is the google chrome plugin, which easily allows me to find on Linkedin every person who emails me so I can make the connection right away.

What do you dislike?

I wish sometimes it would show a little more information about the person on the sidebar, other than just their headline and picture.

Rapportive helps me stay connected with people I do business with or get introduced to through email. Staying connected with people on LinkedIn and building that network is very important to me,and Rapportive makes it easier than ever to make sure I am connected with the people I meet.

Senior Executive Recruiter
Management Consulting

"Alternative lead generation tool for recruiters"

What do you like best?

You get to see user's profile (email/contact information) without any effort. They are shown on your screen right away. In addition, you can easily connect to any leads using the same platform

What do you dislike?

There are times that they do not work especially when you are using the lite version. It will just show you the lead's email address. In this case, you need to get the paid version. ( I am using free/ lite version)

In using this, you'll be able to use your LinkedIn connections to get potential leads

"Good search engin on linkedin"

What do you like best?

Because of sale navigator you can do easily search about perticular person or company in specific country in specific resgion pr state and specific profile thats the most interesting thing I love about sale navigator on linkedin and can also access the blocked profiles

What do you dislike?

some time when ever use to search about perticular person or perticular company profile is block on normal linkedin when use sales navigator its not able to unblock that profiles so sometime its an error which is irritating

only some times block profiles not able to open that thing has to solve

"Rapportive Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Rapportive shows you the LinkedIn information of whoever you're emailing. It makes it super easy to tell that you're emailing the right person and very easily allows you to connect with them on LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue is that relatively regularly it tells me to log in with LinkedIn when I already am, so I have to refresh the page to get it to start working again. I just this in conjunction with Clearbit which also shows company information, so I think it would be nice if Rapportive showed company info as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it! It makes your life so much easier when emailing people. I would use it alongside Clearbit to be able to double check the emails and to get company info as well.

I use Rapportive to check that I am emailing the right person.

"gets the job done"

What do you like best?

they have good training and security, as well as a healthy support and IT network you can take advantage of. Useful trying modules though not all necessary. Compatible with mobile but not as usable I feel, I prefer the computer.

What do you dislike?

Clunky and unintuitive, the trial version doesn't allow integration of other accounts so there is really no point to it beyond a superficial training period. SSI scores annoy me some too, you plates at 50% and they ways to artificially increase it kinda take away from the whole point of the score. I was graded on my ability to keep and sis of 65% or higher, but I can up that just by randomly adding new connections constantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Well I like that its easy to look up leads based of connections and such. But the management style of it is nearly impossible

Pipeline management and lead tracking, it allows for better oversight over the whole sales dept and such. But I'll be honest, its kinda like digging through a pile of garbage trying to find someone viable. I miss it now that its gone of course, but the whole system just feels unorganized in some way.

"When it works, it's great, but most of the time it doesn't"

What do you like best?

In an ideal setting, it is so easy to use. The profile comes up and I can see all the information I need. Plus, it has an easy click link so I can go directly to the profile if I need to.

What do you dislike?

When it doesn't work, which is often. For a solid month it wasn't working for me. I tried reaching out to them and all they said was that it's a known bug, but never got any other form of support. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's really useful when trying to find a profile connected with an email, definitely recommend if that's your main goal

Being able to understand the industry my contact is in.

Manager
Accounting

"Good At What It Does, But Not Blown Away"

What do you like best?

It is nice to see a picture automatically pulled in to the side of the email pane from the contact's LinkedIn page, and the mutual connections are also a nice touch.

What do you dislike?

This isn't really a "dislike", but unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem like it does much more than show me a picture and a few mutual friends. There's nothing wrong with this, but it doesn't do enough to make me want to recommend it to anyone, it's just sort of there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There just isn't that much to say about this. It doesn't seem to do all that much, but if it does what you want, then it is a great solution for you, as it does these things well.

This is part of the issue: it doesn't really solve a problem. I guess it's nice to see a picture and a few familiar faces on the mutual friends bar, but this wasn't an issue before and it doesn't really solve anything for me now.

Sales Development Team Lead

"Would recommend to any sales team"

What do you like best?

For outbound prospecting I consider this tool a must. Neatly records account and lead insights that help drive engagement

What do you dislike?

InMail isn't what it used to be. Needs a different kind of channel for creating conversations with other users

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the investment. I'm willing to sign up for multi-year agreements because I don't see the value of the technology going away.

Higher conversion rates and meetings scheduled at our most highly targeted accounts.

Senior Sourcing and Research Specialist
Staffing and Recruiting

"Quickly Find and Connect with Contacts"

What do you like best?

Rapportive integrates seamlessly with LinkedIn and allows you to quickly find people you're corresponding with online, but doesn't spam your whole address book with automated connection requests.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's buggy or down for no reason; usually it's back up and running the next day. They don't provide any information when it's down - you just need to keep trying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It's easy and quick to get started and will make your life easier!

It's great to quickly find people I already know on LinkedIn - it's definitely a timesaver!

"Crucial for succeeding in sales"

What do you like best?

Able to send inmails when needed, being able to dive into accounts and learn more about the people I am prospecting before I reach out. Account updates on saved accounts is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could build your territory within salesnav and get updates for all accounts, not only saved accounts.

Helps me understand who I am reaching out to and makes cold calls or cold emails warm. Also helps me know if I am reaching out to the right person or not.

"Great free tool for sales teams."

What do you like best?

This is the simplest tool that makes all the difference. Shows you someones LinkedIn when they email you or helps you guess their email when you want to message them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tool fails and you have to restart your browser or computer to get everything working again. Great tool, but occasionally hard to rely on because of glitches like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is great. I don't know of a comparable replacement, but don't rely too hard on it because sometimes it does go down and support is minimal.

I use this primarily to make prospecting and hunting for emails easier. Also great for quickly getting background from LinkedIn when an emil comes in.

Co-Founder, Lead Executive Resume Writer

"I love LinkedIn Sales Navigator!"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to build custom lists of prospective clients. The ability to filter by any field to narrow down the list to exactly who you want to target is great! It's also helpful that you can create multiple lists and export the file.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if you could upload or import CSV files to track prospects in LinkedIn from other areas. Right now, you have to look each person up one by one and add them as a lead.

It helps us create custom lists of prospects quickly and easily.

Heartbreak Whisperer
Professional Training & Coaching

"Great! Makes what I do so much easier!"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can easily see what they do for a living.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it tells me that I am not logged into LinkedIn even though I am. This happens infrequently so I don't bother too much about it.. refreshing Gmail does the trick.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just download it. It doesn't take any time at all.

My current business problem is that I'm not targeting people who can afford my premium coaching services. With Rapportive, I know who exactly I am talking to and can gauge right away if they are in a position to afford these programs. If not, I adjust my sales pitch to offer them more affordable scaled-down services so I don't leave money on the table.

Senior Operations Manager
Airlines/Aviation

"Helpful gmail add-on"

What do you like best?

Instantly populates Linkedin data matched with an email address. Easy to install and works great. I loved being able to quickly get insight into a contact without having to look them up in Linkedin.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like! My only suggestion would be to allow it to pop up regardless of where you have navigated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try, it has worked great for me!

It's been great to get sales information quickly. Don't have to waste time looking them up, and can click to connect right from Gmail.

Corporate Account Executive Team Lead

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Being in sales, I love that I can view the person's linked in profile on the right side of my gmail, which I can quickly access to get background on the person I am contacting.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I don't like. Sometimes there are emails that I have that aren't associated with a profile, but there isn't much you can do about that.

I am quickly able to access the information around the person I am contacting in my sales process.

Enterprise Sales Manager

"Powerful, easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The advanced list builder makes it easy to find the right contacts in various industries

What do you dislike?

There could be better organization to their results when searching for contacts at multiple companies

We use Sales Nav to verify the right people to reach out to. We've realized benefits of time savings and better efficiency.

General Manager
Management Consulting

"Great product for connecting with contacts!"

What do you like best?

I love having someones information if they have their email connected with LinkedIn show up and allow me to connect with them on LinkedIn using one click of a button. It has also been a great tool to confirm email addresses too.

What do you dislike?

The pop out on the side can sometimes take over a bit too much or for whatever reason can be hard to minimize, or won't stay minimized.

Connecting with new contacts and confirming email addresses.

Lead Sales Engineer

"I utilize Rapportive to identify and validate email addresses. "

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Rapport is that I can validate email addresses when prospecting and setting up meetings. It's always frustrating when you're unsure if the email address you're sending an email to is accurate or not. Rapportive eliminates that frustration is many cases.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Rapportive is that not every single email address can be validated 100%. When Rapportive can track down and validate an email address, you can see the person's Linkedin profile on the right hand side of Gmail but sometimes, it simply shows a question mark, which is the only real thing you could possibly dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're considering using Rapportive, I'd certainly recommend giving it a shot. There's no down-side to installing it for Gmail as it requires no maintenance and it's free. It also allows you to connect with the email recipient on Linkedin and access the email recipient's other social media accounts directly from gmail which is a nice feature.

Prior to using Rapportive, I had emailed the worn email address on several occasions which can be frustrating and inefficient. It's even worse when you email multiple people and use the wrong email address for one of the recipients and are basically forced to send a follow up email to loop in the person who was unintentionally left off. In many cases, Rapportive allows me to be more confident and efficient when sending emails.

"Secret Weapon for Lead Gen!"

What do you like best?

Being a Lead Generation Specialist/SFDC Admin, I find this tool to be my best friend. It is a Prospectors/Lead Generations Team's best friend when verifying email addresses. Just make sure you download the extension and you have a Gmail account.

What do you dislike?

Not many features that I can think of at the moment, it's free and works very well! Can be improved if it offers better integration with email clients but I am not sure that will happen. Sometimes it can be a little quirky and doesn't work sometime stating "Rapportive Offline" or "Sorry, Rapportive didn't load correctly due to a temporary problem. Please reload your Gmail tab to try again."

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None that I can think of at the moment, the only downside is you need a Gmail address to use the extension. However, that's free as well, so I really have no constructive feedback. Please just fix some of the bugs.

It's helping me verify email addresses for contacts w/ invalid addresses in our database with bounced email alerts.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Amazing Product!"

What do you like best?

I loved how they continue the training process and always excelling your learning for your current position. After being in the same roles for about 7 years, sometimes it can be hard to continue to have a yearning to learn - this was like go back to school, and it was fun!

What do you dislike?

At first, I disliked the model and format of the data.

The problems sometimes can be the connection with your product - but as you dive in more they will send you over emails with more education based upon your likes/dislikes.

Account Executive

"Love It!"

What do you like best?

I love how I no longer have to search for the person's social networking sites with a variety of search strings in Google... Now I just put in the emails address, and it's as if it was magic, the Social sites of that person are a click away from within Gmail.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike about Rapportive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that anyone that uses social networking sites can benefit from using rapportive. I don't know of a sales person that says they have all the time in the day that they need, and rapportive helps me gain valuable minutes back in a day.

Solving the issue of time! It helps me be way more productive throughout my day to day activities so I don't have to waste as much time searching for my prospects social networking sites.

AC

"Glitchy at times, but quite useful"

What do you like best?

Being able to verify someone's identity, and to see all of their LinkedIn info as you reach out to them is extremely useful. It also gives a chance to see whether someone has left or changed jobs right from your inbox without having to constantly toggle between tabs.

What do you dislike?

For me at least, there were times when this software would glitch out on me a bit. I have a lot of Chrome plug ins and sometimes they annoyingly jockey for screen space. Occasionally Rapportive will disappear or show the 'wrong' information from a group email...usually just another person on the email will stubbornly refuse to be replaced by who I want on the side...but it's nothing a refresh doesn't usually take care of.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Enjoy it for what it does, remember that the occasional hiccups are temporary, and keep in mind how much time you are saving!

I am trying to reach people in certain positions at large companies, and having the ability to identify and update my information directly from my email inbox is invaluable. It saves me time and frustration, avoids bounce back emails and sending to the wrong person.

Manager, Sales Development

"Good but wish it could do more!"

What do you like best?

able to capture leads and bucket into accounts

can watch their engagement, activity, and

What do you dislike?

not able to export contacts from the sales navigator saved leads bucket

building lead profiles and lists for prospecting

Business Development Associate
Commercial Real Estate

"Great for a sales team"

What do you like best?

I simply like that it links with Gmail and you can see whomever you are emailing/receiving an email from's LinkedIn profile without leaving the page that you are already on.

What do you dislike?

When you are emailing in a group of more than one person, it would be nice to be able to scroll through the LinkedIn profiles of multiple people.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are consistently going between email and LinkedIn, Rapportive cuts out the time changing between browser pages and integrates LinkedIn to your email.

It makes it easier to find mutual connections and quickly find background information on prospects, making it easier to build a rapport.

Corporate Account Executive at Wrike, Marketing Specialist

"Quick look into who you're connecting with!"

What do you like best?

Free, easy to manage, gives me insight into new contacts that I'm working with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes doesn't give me the ability to choose the right person to pull up in a conversation thread.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try! Easy to remove if you're not a fan.

Easy access to linkedin and other social media accounts. Social selling directly from gmail is awesome.

Sourcing Specialist
Staffing and Recruiting

"Rapportive is very useful"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly and easily confirm if I have the right email address for someone by seeing if it links to the correct LinkedIn profile.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it will come up with a message that the email format is not recognized and it can't confirm one way or another.

We are working more efficiently by confirming that we are finding the right people. We have had a better success rate in contacting the right people and getting responses from them.

"Accurate enough"

What do you like best?

It allows me to verify if the email belongs to the person I'm trying to contact by showing their LinkedIn profile.

What do you dislike?

There are times it will just disappear from my GMAIL and I have to manage extension by disabling it and enabling it back again. Usually, it will work again with no need to uninstall.

Finding email address for target candidates on Linkedin. Allows us to contact the right people.

"User for 3+ years"

What do you like best?

It is very helpful for me to understand exactly who I am emailing with. It streamlines the process of doing research on someone prior to sending an email. It is also a great way to double check the correctness of an email address.

What do you dislike?

None, it is incredibly easy to use and saves a lot of time. There is nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it, it is incredibly valuable, and there is nothing else like it.

It speeds up the research process on who I am communicating with. It increases lead generation rates through email as well, which has a revenue impact on our business.

US

"A Great extension for Chrome"

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily go to a person's LinkedIn from Gmail. It allows me to connect with people quickly.

What do you dislike?

That it no longer shows Twitter and Facebook. It also unsyncs with the api quite a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's little support and no evidence of continued development. It works most of the time but only LinkedIn.

Ability to quickly validate resumes by allowing me to find their LinkedIn profile quickly from Gmail. It allows me to validate email addresses. I know I typed the email address in correctly if it links to a LinkedIn profile.

Business Development Representative

"Extremely Helpful for Lead Generation!"

What do you like best?

This is hands down my favorite tool for checking a potential lead's email address. When trying to determine contact information for potential customers this add-on is invaluable! It is also free which makes it a no-brainer for anyone that is frequently trying to contact management of companies they may not have the information of.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way you could enter the domain name and get a list of the employee's address' that are listed under that domain. I also wish it worked for my Microsoft Office email, as of now it only is available for GMail. I find myself flipping between my work email, my Microsoft email and Salesforce all the time. It would be nice if there was some way you could find the email using Rapportive and then have some kind of direct exportation to Salesforce. That said, I am asking a lot and for what it is, I can't say anything bad about Rapportive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's free, and extremely helpful. Why not try it to see for yourself.

I am no longer sending out 10 emails to a bunch of alternatives of the same name to someones email address. I now know my emails are going through and I have the correct contact information for the customers I am trying to reach.