Designmodo

Creating even a simple website has become a hard task. Developing Qards started thinking about the essence of creating a website, when you want to tell about your product in a beautiful way, while not digging in complex editors with a large amount of functions.

Work for Designmodo?

Learning about Designmodo?

Designmodo Reviews

Ask Designmodo a Question
Showing 21 Designmodo reviews
Designmodo review by John C.
John C.

"Outstanding Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Each time I have reached out to Customer Support on Slides, I have promptly received useful direction from Sergey. Sergey is always providing useful code snippets to help me customize my website experience where I lack the knowledge of code to do so myself. He's even provided me with a video walkthrough on one specific instance!

What do you dislike?

Regarding Slides, I would like to see some more options for navigation hover/focus states as well as transition from desktop to mobile navigation (ie transition from ul on desktop view to hamburger/hidden nav menu on mobile view).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest a little understanding of HTML and CSS if you would like to customize the templates further beyond what they offer out of the box. The templates created by the Slides Website Builder, however, are more than fine!

I am creating my personal portfolio website using Designmodo Slides4. The framework is a great starting point to create beautiful animated websites with little to zero knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Designmodo
Designmodo review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"A+ Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love how Designmodo understands front-end to a tea! They have amazing style, their code is clean and very responsive. I have been using Slides4 for a month now and it is honestly one of the best online buys. It is great for even beginners because their customer service is amazing!

What do you dislike?

This may seem cliche, but I can't say anything bad about this company.

The only real negative I can even think of is them not having software like Dreamweaver to produce such crisp & clean layouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Designmodo is worth every penny. It is very hard to find customer service as these people offer. I have a huge amount of respect for this company!

Using Slides4 allows me to create a website in literally minutes. Of course, it takes me longer because I am OCD with my designs and have to have everything perfect. However, the main template takes me a few minutes. This has freed up my time tremendously allowing for me to design more and spend time with my family.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Designmodo review by User in Internet

"Good for Non-Tech Designers, Simply Interface"

What do you like best?

I first discovered Designmodo through an article on web design. It's a great place to start if you are just getting into web design, coding, UX, and even graphics. The articles and resources aren't too "techy" for a novice to follow. A good amount of free resources (UI kits, mockups, and design inspiration). There's some advances stuff for coding but I mainly look to it for WordPress. The layout of the website and the content

As for the products they offer, I've tried their Postcards for email. Opted not to keep it though because we needed more options. It's worth a try for small designs, beginners, and consultants. They have really high-quality pre-made templates and it's a simple drag/drop dashboard that you work from.

What do you dislike?

Didn't too much care for the Qards for WordPress. There are better theme options & page builders to use on unlimited websites for the Agency/top tier pricing. For Postcards, the cost is not bad for I like that I can upload photos by the link, but I wish that were integrated with Pixabay or Pexels for free images. Even though I like the simplicity of the drag/drop, it would be nice to have an option to add custom code for designing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more options to justify the cost.

To design emails quickly as well as have a resource for design work. The articles are great for the training of new design team members and continued education of seasoned designs for growing trends/new developments.

Designmodo review by Tyler A.
Tyler A.

"Great Place for Resources and Industry Knowledge"

What do you like best?

Designmodo has a ton of quality mockups and resources that rival most other design resource sites. It's a design resource site that you can tell was built by designers. The articles they write are not just fluff pieces for SEO, but actually help me in my daily work or just to get better at different skills. Almost all of the free resources are pretty solid for when you need something quick that is also of great quality.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily like how much they push their market items, but I get that they have to bring in revenue through that. Also when you go to the Market page, it feels like you are put onto a totally different site and it would make more sense to me if it felt like one cohesive experience. The offset sizing in the blog's grid is kind of annoying because it feels like it was designed just to have a quirky grid. It's little but it sort of annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It won't be the end all, be all for resources, but it is pretty close.

When I need a good starting point for a UI project or just need some high quality mockups, Designmodo is usually where I go. I know that their UI kits aren't just pretty Dribbble mockups but thoroughly thought through so I don't have to do all of that upfront work. What keeps me coming back are their articles on related topics like development and design trends.

Designmodo review by Agency
Agency

"The quality of their products and customer services are unbeatable!"

What do you like best?

I'm not sure which one is better. I'm a designer who knows just enough to navigate around basic code and their products are top notch both from a design & UX perspective and from the simplistic implementation of the backend coding. I've used almost all their products in multiple iterations of releases. You can easily create a top notch looking website in a matter of hours. The generator app which allows you to build the general layout and sections of your website is awesome. You can then export the code and have a great starting point to tweak and customize your website to your hearts content.

Customer service is also very good. They often respond within minutes of your questions via their live chat feature. Being a person that is not a developer, I often ask very basic questions which I would assume most developers know but they are always willing to help me every step of the way.

What do you dislike?

They switched from a one time purchase fee to a subscription fee basis based model. It's not really an issue because its well worth what your getting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for those who develop or build websites for clients and/or for their own business.

If your creating websites for clients or your own business and you don't want to use content management systems like Wordpress for speed or security reasons, their collection of products are perfect for HTML-based websites. They get the job done quick, look great, and have solid code. They are also perfect starting points to build your own custom site. Covers all the ground work you would usually need to do manually.

Designmodo review by Rebeca P.
Rebeca P.

"DesignModo: Joyful and Useful."

What do you like best?

As a web designer every day I find more and more useful Designmodo. I just love the Slides. It has so many tools for the user to work with, that makes a lot easier for the aesthetic of the web to become what we conceive at first in our minds.

I hated even talking about designing a web, and this interface is so nice and open for new people in the area like me. It is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

I think that the cost might be a little high for its simplicity. Maybe if they keep working on this project and develop some more features, the price won’t matter (at least to me).

I use it as a go-to place when it comes to mockups or UI Projects. Designmodo is a great option when it comes to customers who need a website but don’t want to spend a lot of money on the project because they’re either getting started or non-profit. So in this cases it is a win-win situation.

Designmodo review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Needs better UX"

What do you like best?

I like the content structure this app has good UI and great aesthetics. I like the bold text headlines and preview images. Basically what im trying to say is the site is very pretty great UI struggling with UX. I also like that this app has a job board, after coming out of a job search this is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

To me, this app competes with Medium I either go to Medium or another blog like Designmodo to find design resources. Designmodo would be a 10/10 if the content was more relevant to me, and highlighted what makes them different like job search feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a blog tool with design resources use Medium

I am currently using DM to find design resources/articles so I can be a better designer. Thats why its important to me to quickly find something that if I read it it will help me be a better designer. I also share links to resources with some of my co-workers and co-founders,

Designmodo review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"DesignModo makes website and email design SUPER EASY AND FAST for non-tech people "

What do you like best?

I like that you don't have to be an experienced website builder, coder, or tech genius to use this product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not more flexibility within some of the themes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a budget for a web designer or someone on your team with web design skills and experience, this product is perfect for you. Not only is it easy and through in its offerings, but it also creates professional looking website and email designs that your customers would never be able to tell weren't created by an expert.

The biggest business problem I'm solving (for my clients) is them not having effective websites. I've also realized the benefits of being able to create responsive email blasts that work on iPhones, desktop computers, and laptops and don't display weird on any of them.

Designmodo review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Simple Design "

What do you like best?

Designmodo eliminates the need for slow, dated programs like Microsoft publisher. It allows me to quickly create and design items or websites for whatever I need. I like the ability to create print and digital templates using the same images and colors. It literally takes 1/10 of the time of other complicated design programs.

What do you dislike?

There’s very little to dislike about this program. The image library could be larger and sometimes there are glitches in saving materials, but for the most part you can’t go wrong with Designmodo.

I like the ability to create print and digital templates using the same images and colors. It simplifies the process and allows me to save money on other design software or digital artists.

Designmodo review by User

"Site Building Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Designmodo is the site builder for people who don't build sites, and I don't mean that in a bad way! It's intuitive to use, intuitive to teach, and even more intuitive to edit, making my job a breeze. It's nice to be able to assign edits to those that might not necessarily understand the intricacies of web building, but need to be able to handle light tasks on the back-end.

What do you dislike?

I've ran into some program bugs, namely one dealing with preferred image placement, but nothing that's substantially hindered my site-building process. Typically refreshing the software solves most of my issues, which are self-caused. Derp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with Designmodo if you want to be able to let others handle tasks that would usually bite into your time!

Using Designmodo, I was able to set up sites that I didn't have to personally manage, as others were able to take the reigns on the project using the easy-to-follow UI of the software. This saved us time, which in turn also saved us money.

Designmodo review by User

"Perfect for the modern Marketer/Designer non skilled required needs"

What do you like best?

Where should I begin, I guess first will be the fact that it's mega responsive functioallity is allowing every smart phone, tablet or PC/Mac device viewing and getting the max out of the final design as it should be seen and as was design to begin with. The massive variety of templates which can fit to each and every social media platform + of now a days. The option to create the essentials of every marketer/ designer through an original cutting edge way and platform. Slides. You can create email newsletters slides and you can design and build your own landing page/website via slide functionality as well. All respondents to the max in every platform or device.

What do you dislike?

Besides the price which if to take advantage of the recent deals they have had cause then it will make it not bad at all, or even should I say "A Steal" I have nothing else which I can say I don't like about the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you read everything which was written so far in this review then it's down to one conclusion: Don't hesitate and just go ahead and get it.

Everything from better responsive email newsletter for customers or potential leads as future customers, to a smoother website layouts and themes. responsiveness in all made a lot more convenient to the designer and customer/visitor as one. highly recommended will be the verdict

Designmodo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Works great for web development!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to learn and use with minimum experience in website design. I also enjoy the extra features that are available to use with the product to help you get the best experience with your website build :)

What do you dislike?

I didn't really have any problems with this product while I used it, so I can't say there was anything I disliked - I found it pretty easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you are looking for a program that you can use to build your site without a lot of fuss and with very little experience in webpage building, this would be something to look into.

Well I was the designer of a website for a non profit foundation and I used it to build a website for us because we couldn't really afford a huge amount on a website when that money could be better spent on the people we served.

Designmodo review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Easy to use interface at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

The cost of the platform is under $300, which, when you figure in other options, that are not that easy to use nor easy to build from a WYSIWYG standpoint, is really a great offering.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to alter everything from the code standpoint. This can be done, but you need to export the project first, then make the appropriate updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you need in a solution when deciding which WYSIWYG software. Some solutions, like those from Adobe can offer more complex, full-featured offerings that go outside of the WYSIWYG realm. If you think you might need to do more development, look at alternatives.

Fast and simple interface to build out small, internal web sites.

Designmodo review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Wonderful for web design"

What do you like best?

It's a great community to gather web design and web development knowledge. I like the ease with which we can manage postcards and templates for editorial sections, color codes of the templates. It also works on all the platforms I have tried it on (desktop, laptop, iPad, mobile).

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike yet. I am still testing it out, and everything seems to be going great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

For all the designers and people who work in the fashion industry, I think this is a very helpful tool because of its flexibility.

To design logos, templates for editorials, write newsletters and design ideas. I have enjoyed the beautifully color coded templates which have greatly helped me in making my content presentable and easy to generate.

Designmodo review by Marissa C.
Marissa C.

"great program"

What do you like best?

I love that the program give you so many different templates and ideas for projects.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when using a template, it makes it more difficult to customize it to your specific liking.

it has helped my colleagues and I to work on projects in a more creative way, as a team.

Designmodo review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great research for design "

What do you like best?

Great resources such as tutorials, discussions for many topics based on design, and templates for many things too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about! Perhaps, the overall website needs to be more simplified and re-organized

Seeking for more inspirations, developing ideas, thinking out-of-the box based on articles and other resources they provided on the site

Designmodo review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great resource site and information on design"

What do you like best?

I like how it is a very user friendly website, easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes too many ads are popping up and overtaking the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this site as it is a clean, easy to use resource for designers and creatives.

Easy to use templates and resources. Makes it great for a designer.

Designmodo review by David G.
David G.

"Best Mail App and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Slickness of program. Ease of Use. Customer service.

What do you dislike?

I LIKE IT ALL. There are so many elements that it hits. GREAT App.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ive done a ton of research for a mail app with flexibility. These guys are TOP NOTCH.

Charity

Designmodo review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It is extremely user-friendly, even with little to no experience in design. The extra features in comparison to other products are definitely an added bonus when creating a website, as well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike.

This is a great product option that I can educate my clients on using when developing their websites and a quick tool for me to go to if I'm designing a website for them.

Designmodo review by User

"Free Response HTML Email Newsletter!"

What do you like best?

Designmodo is awesome because it functions with every popular smartphone or computer screen. Anyone can view it anywhere!

What do you dislike?

I am nervous that if I use designmodo to send information and promos too often, viewers will get annoyed with my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using designmodo for at least a year before fully evaluating it.

I am solving the problem of people getting information too slowly. With designmodo, information can be sent instantly.

Designmodo review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Designmodo"

What do you like best?

I like how easy of a tool it is to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it had just a few more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to others.

The business problem we're solving are having boring emails. Benefits include better looking emails to our customers.

Learning about Designmodo?

* We monitor all Designmodo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.