Ubuntu Reviews & Product Details

What is Ubuntu?

Super-fast, easy to use and free, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktops, netbooks and servers around the world.

Ubuntu Screenshots

1-25 of 536 total Ubuntu reviews

Ubuntu Reviews

1-25 of 536 total Ubuntu reviews
business administrator

"modifiable and free operating system."

What do you like best?

Although it is not widely used in companies due to its complexity when it comes to installing applications or configuring some mobile devices, it is an operating system used by many in their homes since it is a free version of Linux and with multiple tools that allows you to design documents surf the internet among other options but has network configurations and different visual themes that make it look very advanced graphics is very vulnerable in terms of viruses or malignant attacks by programs.

What do you dislike?

the use of the operating system is relatively easy and similar to private operating systems, however, when configuring or installing the program, it is a bit difficult for the user since most of them are installed by means of a command console where the user must series of guidelines to install some application. Another disadvantage is that devices such as printers and camera, telephone among others not all have compact software or drivers that are compactible with this operating system which makes it a little dysfunctional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

is recommended for users who know basic informatics and programming noce since for configuration and installation of programs you will need certain commands or how to configure it through command lines but it is very safe and you forget about attacks by computer viruses.

This operating system is implemented for web server configuration because since it is based on free software, the attacks served by viruses or malware are almost null because it does not influence or does not affect the operating system, which in turn makes the transaction work faster. of information.

Mr

"A simple OS - Ubuntu"

What do you like best?

I have been using Ubuntu for the last two years. It is easy to use, quick load and processing times. Any tech snag issues can be easily fixed using the terminal option. I use it on a regular basis and I never faced any system halts or software glitch issues all this while.

What do you dislike?

There a few issues I faced with respect to installation of software though. The coding steps using the termial option is a bit different and a bit complex when compared to the commands we use with Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ubuntu should come up with more bundling of support softwares and ease of installation of softwares should be more simple. At times the system hangs a bit especially when we use the Libre Office Impress. The browsers should also support with Flash because most of the sites now-a-days are coming with flash enabled UI presentations.

I have used the OS on a regular basis and my team of more than 150 plus are using the same. We use a good number of applications and we have the advantage of using multiple applications in preparing documents, Slide decks and we never faced any Virus issues.

Sales Manager

"Ubuntu the most complete operating system based on Linux"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Ubuntu is that it allows you to update applications with just one click, as the operating system updates are somewhat more complicated but it really is very comfortable because unlike other operating systems it is not necessary to reinstall the entire system with each new update.

Another aspect that I like about Ubuntu is the security it offers to surf the internet and run applications, mainly because I do not need to use any antivirus like in Windows, the antivirus is not only annoying but also consumes CPU resources, for this very reason Linux-based system such as Ubuntu consumes much less resources therefore it is ideal for limited computers in this regard.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem that a Linux-based system has is when it is used as a personal system and it is about using applications that use closed source libraries such as Photoshop or Directx. In this case you can use solutions that allow these applications to work but normally the common user can not carry it out due to its difficulty.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of course! Ubuntu is an excellent alternative that you must take into account not only because it is free but also because it is a very safe system and this is something very important in the business world. In addition, the main applications used to work as LibreOffice or Firefox can be used in Ubuntu natively.

At work we have been using Ubuntu as the main system for a long time since the costs of Windows licenses were an unnecessary expense because most of the work done can be done from the browser using cloud-based applications such as Google Sheets. On the other hand, using Linux, we feel more secure in terms of our sensitive information, since most malware is created for Windows.

Administrador de Servidores en Software Libre.
Telecommunications

"Linux Ubuntu Administrator"

What do you like best?

In Ubuntu you can be writing in one window and moving up and down the content of another. For example, you can be talking by Gaim / Pidgin with a friend and reading a web page by moving it with the mouse wheel quietly. This silly thing can not be done in Windows. Windows only knows how to do one thing at a time, and you have to have the window selected (focused) if you want to scroll through it, which forces you to be changing all the time from one window to another when they speak to you (damn Alt + TAB) . In Ubuntu you can install drivers and applications quietly because it is not necessary to restart the PC to complete the installation. This is not that it is a virgin, since the 60's has been doing. I do not know why Windows forces the user to restart countless times for anything he does. It is really horrible and exasperating (and it makes you lose the tails of the eMule!).

What do you dislike?

Didactic images are missing to motivate children to use this great operating system, should include games that motivate young people to use it. When working with complex Windows documents, it could become a difficult or almost impossible task due to the low compatibility to import from Windows for Linux, to date there are products that do not have compatibility in the different operating systems that we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This distribution is excellent for the implementation of PostgreSQL as a database manager, as well as a good relationship with Apache as a Web server and an important management in servers for the administration of networks such as ProxySquid and DHCP.

In my work, it was migrated to ubuntu because it is a free technology and no more prized licenses from other companies were requested, which saved money for the company in which I work, besides being easy to learn for all employees of the same company. .

Licenciado

"Ubuntu"

What do you like best?

Ubuntu is a free software operating system whose main core is Debian. This makes Ubuntu a robust and powerful system. Among its advantages is that it is almost immune to the problem of viruses and is continuously updated by the ubuntu community. For users who love having control of the system processes ubuntu is ideal for creating and modifying system routines to update it

What do you dislike?

This operating system has an elementary graphic interface from the graphical point of view, which can not be compared with that of other operating systems (windows, mac). Another thing that I do not like is the theme, to install an application for the issue of dependencies not found in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If I would recommend ubuntu for those companies with obsolete equipment, with few resources to buy software licenses

Many of the machines of the company have an outdated hardware configuration, Pentium IV, core-duo. Debian allows the machines to work faster. Another is that software or software is free, so there is no license fee

CEO, Lead Developer

"Excellent OS"

What do you like best?

Ubuntu is easy to set up and use. It takes less than 15 minutes for me to train even an inexperienced computer user in it. Being a Linux operating system, it is powerful and versatile, with superb performance, running well on both new and old hardware. Ubuntu is incredibly reliable, running both our servers and our workstations. It's free and open source, supported by a vibrant and experienced community of users and developers. Ubuntu can also be customized to meet the needs and tastes of any user; it comes in many flavors, from the incredibly polished Ubuntu default with the GNOME desktop environment, to the incredibly flexible Ubuntu MATE, to the lean and clean Xubuntu.

What do you dislike?

None directly. Some software doesn't work on Linux, but that's because software makers choose not to support it. (Most software has open source replacements though)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what software you need before installing Ubuntu. The Linux ecosystem is like a box of LEGO bricks, meaning you can build exactly what you want, but it also means you may need to research what all features and programs you need before you achieve the best possible configuration. Some software also doesn't work on Ubuntu, such as Microsoft Office or Adobe Photoshop, but many open source alternatives exist to replace proprietary options in most cases.

Easier maintenance than other operating systems, no cost for upgrades or installation on additional computers.

Software Programmer

"Ubuntu the best Linux based system"

What do you like best?

Personally, what I liked the most about Ubuntu is that we can use it at work for free because operating systems based on the Linux kernel do not require a license or subscription to use them. If we use the official Ubuntu version we can enjoy a desktop based on GNOME (although we can choose from several more), this desktop is the closest to a Mac desktop that I have seen in a Linux system but personally I think more a combination of Mac and Windows in terms of aesthetics.

From a Linux system we can really do the same things as under Windows 10 but we will probably need alternative applications to do so since Windows programs (.exe) do not work under Linux unless they are cross-platform.

Regarding the performance in my experience is superior to Windows, I think that in large part is because Linux systems do not require Antivirus and this service usually consumes many resources when used under Windows.

What do you dislike?

While it is possible to operate almost any Windows application in Linux requires a level of knowledge that not all users have or if they have it is too long to configure everything since it usually requires some guidance found on the internet to be able to use the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Linux, in this case Ubuntu manages resources much better than Windows so if business has several old computers improve your speed I recommend you use this operating system. Also if you are looking to save money is an excellent alternative, although it will take you time to make the change, surely the economic situation of your company will improve.

The main problem that Ubuntu solves us is that of being able to save the cost of the license of WIndows 10 which is very expensive and with an unaffordable cost for companies that are not very big, using Ubuntu is totally free and once you are used to using it you will notice the difference. The main applications that we use like Firefox or Chrome are available in the Ubuntu repositories.

Web Developer

"Ubuntu, best OS based on Linux kernel"

What do you like best?

Ubuntu is one of the best desktop experiences in the Linux market as it combines an updated Linux operating system to its latest version and makes use of the latest GNOME Shell desktop, which incorporates new features and replaces Unity, the previous desktop system that used Ubuntu. The operating system is developed by Canonical, the most important company in the Linux world.

Ubuntu also has other functions that make it a unique system, for example its dpkg package system that allows access to the Ubuntu application store where we can install any software that we need safely. In this store all the applications that we found have been reviewed by the canonical team so they are free of malicious software or bug.

The interface of Ubuntu is also very nice and features the system because it uses a renewed icons theme and along with its brown and purple tones make a very nice desktop system, also Ubuntu uses its own font based on "Open Sans" which is very beautiful.

What do you dislike?

-One of the problems of Ubuntu in my opinion is that when they release a new version they do it with very outdated software (usually 4 months) since they have to test it before launching a stable version, this is good for security but a problem if you want to have your system as updated.

-Linux does not directly support Windows applications, so it is necessary to go to alternatives such as Wine, a Windows application emulator that does not always work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Ubuntu in those businesses that look for a safe and free operating system to perform their daily activities in your company. Ubuntu is an operating system that does not require many resources so it can work on any computer, even the oldest.

In our company, we have been working with Ubuntu for a long time, since the applications we use on a regular basis are multi-platform, so we do not have incompatibility problems. The biggest advantage we find when using Ubuntu is that we have a secure and free operating system, this is an important point for us since Windows licenses are very expensive.

Sales Manager

"Ubuntu, a great operating system for work"

What do you like best?

In my experience working with Ubuntu the best thing has been its stability, while in Windows I suffer constantly problems with software that is sometimes incompatible and gives failures even reboots, in Ubuntu I have seen the opposite.

What I like the most about Ubuntu is how to install the applications, which do not need to be searched online, since they are installed from a repository using the command console or using the Marketplace graphically, where we can find thousands of software applications that have been tested by the community and by the Ubuntu team to ensure that the software is free of malicious code and also works properly. I also liked that Ubuntu is very customizable and through changes in the theme, fonts and icons we are able to obtain an operating system totally different from the one presented to us by default.

What do you dislike?

The only negative aspect that I have found in Ubuntu is the initial learning curve that is required to make a professional use of the operating system, personally I think it takes time to be able to use this operating system professionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ubuntu is an operating system that I recommend mainly if you are looking for a secure environment and that is updated on a regular basis so that we have access to the latest versions of the software without risking the security of our computer and the network in which it is located.

In our company we use Ubuntu mainly because we use software that only works under Linux efficiently, in Windows it is very unstable so we decided to use Ubuntu. In my experience with Ubuntu I have been able to verify its used not only for this software but in many other areas such as security and privacy, very important aspects in a work environment.

Assistant Professor in Computer Applications

"Ubuntu - The Human OS "

What do you like best?

Ubuntu, founded by Mark Shuttleworth - sticks on to its motto. It is open source and free as well. Though the OS has a base from the Debian OS - founded by the late Ian Murdock, Ubuntu is more famous than Debian. Thanks to its easy installer, ease of use with respect to UI and lot more.

What do you dislike?

Ubuntu OS is heavy loaded. Though there are different variants of the OS, I feel that Ubuntu takes loads of memory and sometimes the OS gets slow even for a high end laptop.

Also another point that I dislike is that for few hardware devices, the device works great only if the proprietary device driver is installed. Or else it would not work great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Linux and Ubuntu is great to use. The only problem that people face while using or switching to Linux is that - they are afraid of a new OS. They are always afraid of using a new platform to work on. Basically we are addicted to one single OS and one single platform. We have used the OS is so much, change is something that people wont like immediately. Try to change and see the difference.

I am currently doing my PhD using a HP laptop and am currently doing research on RSs. The OS works fine on my laptop and for my work as well. I can use my laptop freely - free as in beer with this OS. I need not worry about OS licences and stuff like that. I use ubuntu OS with only FOSS.

Software Engineer
Internet

"Ubuntu a great free operating system"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Ubuntu is that it is completely free, not only the operating system but also its applications, which are hosted in the repositories of ubuntu, these repositories are not simple hosting servers also provide security to the user knowing that all these applications they are reviewed by the ubuntu team so they can be installed without fear of encountering a Trojan or virus.

Another aspect that I love about Ubuntu is its interface, in the latest version it has been greatly improved and includes a new icon pack much more beautiful and with new icons available for all applications. Also this interface is easily modified for those people who do not like the theme by default, through the options menu you can configure not only the theme but the wallpaper, the screensaver, the fonts etc ...

What do you dislike?

One of the problems of Ubuntu and common in Linux operating systems is the desktop, the community is very divided and there is no standard common to all systems resulting in an OS with a graphical environment with lack of functionalities if compared to Windows, the most current case is Xorg Vs. Wayland which takes a long time but can not reach the old Xorg.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that to work you use a version of Ubuntu LTS (Long Term Support) since they tend to be more stable and secure, although it is true that the software may be somewhat outdated this is not a problem if we use applications of Snap type, these applications they are packages that contain all the necessary libraries to operate autonomously without making use of operating system libraries.

In our company the budget is limited so we prefer to use our resources in other aspects more important than in the software, which we consider the least important because using Ubuntu we can perform the same tasks as in Windows so we do not lose anything.

Senior Consultant

"The No. 1 Linux distro for client endpoints."

What do you like best?

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS's new look and feel is a treat to the eyes. The ease of access of all apps. The app store with Snap allows a much more flexible way to install software while keeping our favorite apt commands. It is stable, fast, easy to use, has lots of software and works on most computers as is. But the main reason why I switched from MS OS to Linux is the updates management.

What do you dislike?

The way snap creates multiple partitions for software is not my favorite I must say. Also some issues with alsa drivers might come up using some audio editing software.

But the worst is that you cannot use a bluetooth headset with microphone. That is just the most annoying limitation I've found so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learning linux is not difficult at all nowadays, but it requires you to solve the issues and interact with the community as you have no other support. You need to know you machine and what you want to do or not. It's all about being a responsible user. And it is a fun journey.

I am reusing machines that would be otherwise discarded. As a BI Tech Lead, I work with Ubuntu on my day to day. I am not using Windows anymore on my client machine.

Senior Data Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"A simple and stable operating system"

What do you like best?

Ubuntu is a light OS, however it has great potential, it has a large number of tools that can be used for any activity of a domestic or business user, also for computer developers, It has a nice and intuitive graphic interface. Ubuntu is fast, powerful and ideal for low-end computers, since its utilities do not require great resources. Some of the positive features of Ubuntu:

- Allows a personal touch to the desktop and anchoring the dock to the left of the screen instead

- There is an useful activity button and another one for managing virtual desktops.

- The snap application library

- Good starting speed

What do you dislike?

Ubuntu has few options for customization of the interface, unless you use a external tool, also It has little compatibility to import documents from other operating systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not be afraid to try Ubuntu, if you are not sure how to use it as the main operating system you can install it as a secondary system, its installation does not take up almost space and does not interfere with the use of your operating system, you will not regret the freedom, efficiency and the comfort that this distribution of Linux offers you.

I use Ubuntu as the main operating system in my work because it is a secure, open source system, so I can make modifications in modules to optimize the analysis of commercial data, manage servers and develop solutions to problems.

Website Developer
Internet
(Myself Only)

"Real alternative to Windows"

What do you like best?

Years ago I changed my operating system for Ubuntu because my Windows system got infected and I lost some things of not much value but I was clear that I did not want to continue being a user of such a vulnerable system. Ubuntu found a system based on the kernel of Linux much more secure not only by the system itself, but not being so popular was not the goal of malicious users.

What I liked the most about Ubuntu was that I did not need any antivirus system to feel safe in my operating system since, the antivirus is something that has almost no use in the Linux world and of course I have not used it for a long time.

Another thing that I liked most about Ubuntu and Linux was that most of the alternative programs were open source and therefore the content of the code was public so that I knew perfectly well that no malicious developer was doing an improper use of my operating system.

What do you dislike?

Not everything is positive in Ubuntu / Linux, the main problem of Linux are the software limitations that exist because many of the applications that we have in Windows do not exist in Linux, not even free software alternatives, due to this we must resort to emulators like Wine to try to make the software work, in many cases it is too much work for a user with little knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Ubuntu mainly in enterprise environments due to the security implemented by Linux-based operating systems, especially in the network layer. Also another advantage of Ubuntu user is that the operating system is free in its entirety, as well as the software it uses.

The main problem that Ubuntu solves both in my work and in my personal desktop in my home is that of security, using Linux I can surf calmly and install applications directly from the repositories without fear of my system being infected and vulnerable to data theft sensitive.

freelance

"Ubuntu. Tu sistema operativo ideal"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de Ubuntu es que aprovecha los recursos de tu ordenador para funcionar ofreciendo el mayor rendimiento posible. Es una delicia utilizar Ubuntu.

Además está en constante proceso de actualización , crecimiento y mejora, gracias al a gran cantidad de usuarios que tiene detrás trabajando desnteresadamente en el proyecto desde un punto de vista económico, pues además Ubuntu se puede descargar y utilizar bajo cualquier entorno de manera gratuita.

LA interfaz de Ubuntu es muy intuitiva y cuenta con repositorios de programas que con conexión a Internet nos va a permitir descargar software también libre, de todo tipo, como procesadores de texto, hojas de cálculo, etc

What do you dislike?

Lo peor de Ubuntu es que no acaba de tener el apoyo de la comunidad internacional de usuarios. Siendo defenestrado por multitud de compañías de software que no sacan versiones compatibles con dicho sistema operativo por puros intereses comerciales.

Además, para entender y aprender a usar este sistema operativo lleva mucho tiempo de estudio, esfuerzo y práctica, y se debe tener en cuenta que para usuarios principiantes puede resultar difícil e manejar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ubuntu es un gran sistema operativo, gratuito y eficiente. Para aprovechar todos los recursos de tu máquina y explotarlos con eficiencia no encentrarás una alternativa mejor

Se utiliza Ubuntu en nuestro servidor para mantener un DHCP, controlar todas la subredes y aplicar un firewall para ganar en seguridad en nuestra empresa. También se utiliza como herramienta educativa junto con máquinas virtuales para aprender a realizar dominios y unir clientes.

FINANCE CONTROLLER

"Ubuntu - Review"

What do you like best?

Ubuntu is, Linux distribution which means that this solution like other Linux distributions is available completely free of charge. The advantage of Ubuntu, which reassured me in choosing this distribution is the fact that it has an excellent graphical interface similar to competitive systems available on the market. Another advantage of Ubuntu is that the system is supported on an ongoing basis and very often there are updates and security patches. The significant advantage of using Ubuntu is that we don't need to use antivirus software, because Linux-based systems are very secure. Ubuntu is a distribution that allows for large customization, so each user can customize the system to suit his or her needs.

What do you dislike?

I didn't notice any significant flaws when using Ubuntu except for:

- the Ubuntu graphical interface is very demanding for the computer.

- All developers do not yet support Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a secure system that you can customize for your needs, you should consider trying Ubuntu, because this distribution is available completely free of charge even for Windows users.

By using Ubuntu, I can safely use my computer without having to purchase a license for the operating system and antivirus.

Software Engineer

"Ubuntu provides Mac reliability and speed at PC price"

What do you like best?

Worry-free. When I boot up my Ubuntu laptop, I know everything is going to load quickly, function properly, and in the rare case where something goes wrong with a program, it clean up after itself. I like that, using Ubuntu, it's very easy to find apps (usually free) that do what I need with very little fuss.

What do you dislike?

The only downside has always been that most PC game developers use restrictive development tools like dot-net and DirectX instead of better, equivalent-function cross-platform tools like OpenGL and Mono, therefore many popular games are not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You don't have to completely drop Windows or Mac to use Ubuntu. It can co-exist on the same computer with a little clever hard driver partitioning. I do recommend reading some basic manuals on the Linux command line, because there are some things that are just easier to do with the terminal than trying to find the right button.

I use a suite of office and creative productivity applications that run natively on Ubuntu Linux - LibreOffice is a drop-in replacement for MS Office, Thunderbird replaces Outlook, and Gimp and InkScape do everything I need that I might otherwise use Adobe CS for. Aside from office tools, mostly I use Ubuntu for software development.

Pastor
Religious Institutions

"Safe and user-friendly at a price that can't be beaten."

What do you like best?

Aside from all the software that comes with it, there's also a vast amount of software in the "Canonical" store that can do nearly anything you need to get your computer to do, (and free for the most part).

What do you dislike?

Although it can also be considered a blessing, software updates can pop up at any given time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For full benefit, it's recommended that before making the switch, acquire some basic user skills in the Debian Linux genre... mainly in use of "bash" and "sh" shells. The desktop (Gnome) is easy enough to use, but using the shell via a "terminal" window, or via an "ssh" connection is a little more complex, and you will need to know your way around it, when doing administrative jobbies, to keep yourself from damaging the system files.

I can set the acquisition of marketing analytics as a background task, and just keep doing everything else that I need to do, without waiting.

Bon client SSH et Telnet

"Revel unique dans"

What do you like best?

Sertema operativo gratuito, posant seguridad de vulnérabilités, un entrainement général différent, intuitivement son virus absolument libéré est également la caractéristique la plus notable. J'ai choisi Ubuntu plutôt que Red Hat pour ces raisons et parce que c'est un système d'exploitation Debian

What do you dislike?

Les mises à jour régulières du dispositif d'exploitation rendent difficile la mise à jour des serveurs de fabrication. Même si mes peintures ne me veulent pas chez moi, Ubuntu est également connectée et de temps en temps, une fois que j'ai besoin d'effort, une récréation est impossible dans la plupart des cas. Les cas dus au maximum ne peignent pas nativement il est donc essentiel de faire beaucoup de configurations pour les amener au travail. Tous les logiciels ne sont pas comme ceux-là, mais les applications Internet étant plus courantes, le problème est moins grave.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ubuntu a tous les atouts majeurs que les autres utilisateurs utilisent dans Windows et Windows n’a pas toujours de logiciels en vrac La peine de l'essayer Un tel système d'exploitation sans frais

Au niveau de l'entreprise, nous envisageons de faire en sorte que le système soit complet, même au niveau serveur, nous étudions la procédure de migration, car elle pourrait nous permettre de réduire les coûts, de sécuriser les périphériques et d'optimiser l'efficacité de l'exécution des applications. Ubuntu est nos serveurs primaires OS Réduit le risque de virus et d'applications malveillantes

Implémentation sur l'environnement Ubuntu

"Implémentation sur l'environnement Ubuntu"

What do you like best?

Un système à la fois pour le comportement et le codage fictif et pour le comportement, idéal pour la programmation et les actions que vous souhaitez réaliser, est un autre facteur qui vous tient à coeur: le responsable de la transaction, il est très facile de mettre en place un logiciel à partir des référentiels déjà configurés ou de télécharger un tout nouveau référentiel et de l'installer à partir de là. Il fonctionne pas mal tout le temps que je veux travailler, même Steam a beaucoup de jeux AAA s'y promenant maintenant

What do you dislike?

Mais il vaut la peine d'investir de nombreuses fois pour obtenir la facilité essentielle nécessaire pour effectuer des tâches administratives à une vitesse record - Les mises à niveau endommageraient peut-être la machine

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Assurez-vous également que vos applications s'exécutent sous Ubuntu et sont organisées de manière à permettre la restauration tandis qu'une mise à jour spécifiquement destinée à remplacer le noyau les casse. Il serait vraiment utile d'améliorer l'aspect visible d'un morceau. Un développement formidable a été fait, mais il est essentiel d'améliorer l'environnement de l'appareil, car le gadget est destiné aux programmeurs, il peut être difficile à gérer pour les utilisateurs non avertis. personne inhabituelle, mais cela a beaucoup progressé. A chaque nouveau remplacement.

Problème avec les périphériques cellulaires ADB, instantanés personnalisés Flash sur les gadgets Android. J'ai facilement exécuté des commandes dans des applications de célébration du troisième anniversaire du terminal et installées. En outre, tout en vérifiant les performances globales de notre serveur, nous utilisons le matériel principalement basé sur Ubuntu.

Editor de código ligero y funcional.
(Myself Only)

"Potencia sin límites"

What do you like best?

- Me gustó. Ubuntu me recordó a la interfaz de usuario de Mac. El sistema de administración de paquetes dpkg o apt de Ubuntu Server es más rápido que las soluciones de la competencia. Es fácil obtener soluciones de varios problemas difíciles

What do you dislike?

- El software GUI sigue creciendo, yo diría que Ubuntu a día de hoy es lo suficientemente maduro, pero para algunos puede que todavía sea un poco inestable. Podría existir un mayor soporte para aplicaciónes más específicas o especializadas para gente que se dedica a un campo en concreto (Como arquitectos, por ejemplo)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Sin embargo, es posible que no obtenga todo el software que obtiene en otro SO, como por ejemplo el software específico de arquitectos o campos de este estilo como indicaba anteriormente, aunque la mayoría de veces siempre tendrás alternativas Open Source y gratuitas.

- Ahorrando mucho gracias a esto. En nuestra organización comenzamos a cambiar de Windows y seleccionamos Ubuntu, lo que no hizo mucha diferencia para los usuarios.

server with ubuntu

" server with ubuntu"

What do you like best?

- It is aimed at the average user, with a strong focus on ease of use and improving the user experience Apart from this, I like the Ubuntu font ans overall UI a lot Ubuntu is a leader in terms of performing and developing application of security, and that is why our in organization also Ubuntu is a preferred OS by majority of developers.

What do you dislike?

- Maybe I "miss" vs dislike the bells and whistles of Windows This has been a disadvantage for me It is a tool that is very powerful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need something that gets the work done and enjoy working on a terminal instead of a graphical user interface, Ubuntu is a nice option For education and business it is best fit. It saves a ton of room on your HDD and its probably the easiest Linux OS you can download and install

I used Ubuntu for software development and machine learning as there are many free open source software for it, Ubuntu is used as a sole operating system in many companies and also it is very helpful will doing many server-side works containers There’s definitely an ease to Ubuntu that you can’t get with windows in my opinion

Infrastructure Specialist

"Stability, Security, easy use"

What do you like best?

Ubuntu is easy to use, to install, the ultimate drivers., Easy to configure. if you want to start in linux. Ubuntu is the distribution to you. Excellent to use in desktop and servers, you can configure Ubuntu like a layer 3 switch (using open-vswitch), like router, firewall.. whatever you can imagine

What do you dislike?

You must use. the latest gnome version by default. Is better to use a desktop light version. you should be able to choose between a minimalist and advance desktop environment. But in this case.. by default you start in default gnome, if you hace a old pc, maybe you need more resouce to use the last ubuntu version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a OS, Secure and stable, Ubuntu is the best choice

I was able to solve my licensing problem. Saving a lot thanks to this. We can developer solutions to our company free of cost. highly scalable, and secure. If you need a OS to your servers, Ubuntu is the one. You can configure any network services, firewall, proxy, dhcp, dns.. all you need

Raj Patel

"Ubuntu : a true secure operating environement provider"

What do you like best?

Best thing about Ubuntu is that is is highly secure OS, execution separation in kernel space and user space is well managed by this OS compered to other. Apart from this, I like the Ubuntu font ans overall UI a lot. Animation at some specific movements in OS while working makes the my experience very enjoyable. Ubuntu is a leader in terms of performing and developing application of security, and that is why our in organization also Ubuntu is a preferred OS by majority of developers.

What do you dislike?

Ubuntu has not some of the most required software availability, I have to use some alternative software to get my job done. Bad part of it is that installation process of any service or package is all from terminal commands (though some of them now started being available in Ubuntu store, but still it is not way good!).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For better user experience and get the high security I certainly recommend to use this OS. But you may not get the all the software that you get in other OS. This is worth try once. you will defiantly going to enjoy working in it, at organization and at personally also.

Ubuntu is my primary OS, I usually run Linux scripts and mainly work on android studio on this, which run very efficiently compared to some other OS. Also, when we have test our server's performance we use Ubuntu based tools available in it.

Integration Developer
Automotive

"Never looked back"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of Ubuntu. It is easy to use from the terminal and easy to use from the GUI. It runs pretty much everything I need to work (hey, even Steam have a lot of AAA games running on it now).

I even like the odd glitches that arise and the ensuing delves into stack overflow to try and fine some arcane fix for them.

What do you dislike?

I guess the reduced availability of games is a downside (though that is changing - see comment re Steam); for the time being I will be sticking to my Windows gaming rig for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may have a bit of a learning curve coming from Windows. Stick with it, Ubuntu is brilliant and the community is really supportive. After a bit you will wonder why you ever though it was a challenge.

Easier for dev work as all our services run on Linux servers, also has less compatibility issues with a lot of dev tools when compared to Windows.

Ubuntu User Ratings