Letsencrypt

4.8

Lets Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority brought to you by the non-profit Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).

Work for Letsencrypt?

Learning about Letsencrypt?

Letsencrypt Reviews

Showing 15 Letsencrypt reviews
Letsencrypt review by Izan S.
Izan S.

"Free SSL certificates"

What do you like best?

Its all free, very easy to install and setup. Instant verification and compatibility with all web hosting panels and web servers. It comes with a handy API to make certificates via plugins and its very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything about Letsencrypt

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need free fast and reliable CA that gives you certificates for free this is the choice to go.

Your customers will thank you if you are running some type of store as i do

It gives the abilityy to the user to see that the trafic on your website is cyphered and anyone can see it. Also it gives reliability to the people that buy from our store to dont be afraid against fraud .

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Letsencrypt
Letsencrypt review by Javier G.
Javier G.

"La Mejor CA gratuita"

What do you like best?

La posibilidad que da a cualquier pagina web, servidor de correo, ftp... de poder encriptar el trafico qeu se envia y se recibe a través de dicho servicio de una manera facil, rapida y sencilla.

Además si tienes un negocio o una página web online, puedes dar mucha más fiabilidad a los clientes ya que les demuestras que la página es segura.

What do you dislike?

No hay ninguna cosa que me disguste de este servicio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tienes una página web o algo en el que necesitas encriptar el tráfico entre el cliente y el servidor te recomiendo qeu utilices este sistema.

La posibilidad de crear certificados para cada persona y un certificado wildcard para poder asegurar nuestros servicios y nuestra web.

What Encryption solution do you use?

Letsencrypt review by User

"Super Easy Way to Add SSL to your Site"

What do you like best?

I just love how easy it is to get your site secured with SSL using LetsEncrypt. Most registrars offer their service now and the best part, it is FREE! I use DreamHost for hosting of many websites and LetsEncrypt just abstracts the user from the nitty gritty involved with SSL certificates.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, their service is straightforward and is easy to use and again, it's free. What couldn't you like about that. I remember the days where adding SSL to your site was not such an easy task and it was expensive too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it is that simple. If you don't know how, contact your web host they can help set your site up

Securing our web applications, protecting users data and following Google SEO standards so your sites don't show "Not Secure" in Google Chrome address bar.

Letsencrypt review by User

"SSL For All"

What do you like best?

Let’s Encrypt is very easy to implement (its more or less a one-click implementation via our host Siteground). For anyone concerned about Google’s ‘not secure’ tagging that’s just rolled out, this is a perfect solution. Best of all, it’s absolutely free, meaning you don’t have to spend hundreds on an SSL.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing to dislike with Let’s Encrypt. As a free service, it’s exceptional and comes highly recommended. I've used it in previous jobs too and always recommend using it.

As mentioned above, with Google’s ‘not-secure’ tagging, this makes it simple and free to avoid the tag. If you need a lower level encryption to secure your site, this is the way to go and will help you to cut your costs. We currently use it to secure our sites that have contact forms on them, so I cant say how well it holds up for transactions etc.

Letsencrypt review by Martin P.
Martin P.

"Free SSL Certificates"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to install and use, in their website they have a lot of documentation, and a autoinstall script.

We use a plesk panel and it has a built in app to get letsencrypt certficates and is almost instantly.

It is very handy and yyou can use the certificate to various things as HTTPS or FTPS etc...

What do you dislike?

I really dont have anything bad to say about this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to protect your website and your online services you should try this service

It secures the connection between the customers and us on our website and that gives more reliability to customers if they need to make some type of payments on the website or input some of their personal data.

Also we secure our ftp and mail with the certificate issued by them and we are protected against MITM attacks

Letsencrypt review by Jared H.
Jared H.

"Free SSL Certificate for you website"

What do you like best?

I love that Let's Encrypt offers a free solution towards getting an SSL for your website without having to spend a crazy amount of money a year.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the manual installation of installing an SSL Encryption. You also have to renew it every 6 months by reinstalling a new certificate each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the solution with Google Marking your page Not Secure, or just want that HTTPS professionalism, I recommend using Let's Encrypt to get that for free!

With Lets Encrypt we were able to tackle out the problem with Google Chrome marking websites without an SSL certificate as "Not Safe". We are now able to avoid that free of cost with Let's Encrypt!

Letsencrypt review by Travis T.
Travis T.

"It is a great free SSL "

What do you like best?

This is a great tool that gives you and SSL for free that is what makes it great!

What do you dislike?

I like this free SSL as i use it on a lot of my servers but i wish it could allow you to keep the SSL for longer than a few months a year would be ideal

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just wish that it would allow you to create an SSL for a full year. But free is free but just need to set a calendar reminder to renew it which they made very easy to do.

We are using it for free SSL certs on wordpress sites, it is helping with SEO for small businesses

Letsencrypt review by James B.
James B.

"Letsencrypt is an simple and easy process to protect your computer"

What do you like best?

Letsencrypt made it easy to protect my desktop and laptop to ensure that my information would remain secure, just in case it was lost or stolen.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked, yet a few questions I had were not clear at the onset of using he

product. However, after going thru the training, I was okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Letsencrypt was recommended to me by a network security professional. He stated it was easy yo install and would provide me with excellent protection.

The business problems as an financial advisor, and marketing agency is to protect my clients information and keep it safe. Letsencrypt allows me to have three logins before my computer can be accessed.

Letsencrypt review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Very Good SSL for websites"

What do you like best?

Secure, Free to use, Easy to integrate into many websites and servers. Our team set this up in under a day and it automatically updates using a linux cron job.

What do you dislike?

Mostly just a feature request such as code-signing for software would be nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is excellent... what are you waiting for?

I run over 160 websites and this software works PERFECTLY!

Letsencrypt review by JR R.
JR R.

"Great website SSL Cert!"

What do you like best?

I use gandi.net for my domains and DNSimple for my DNS. LetsEncrypt is built into the domain purchase and maintenance tooling.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I've liked everything about using LetsEncrypt.

Providing a secure browsing environment for open source project sites as well as personal businesses.

Letsencrypt review by Administrator

"Security is everywhere"

What do you like best?

This is a free automated Certificate issuer that's reliable and easy to use. If everyone starts to secure their websites, the world will be a better place!

What do you dislike?

The fact that we need to renew every 3 months (but this is ok with me since I automated it) and no wildcards. Other than that this is great!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and enjoy, and make every site of yours sercure.

Securing all the sites from simple to complex. The benefits are all about security, there's no man in the middle anymore.

Letsencrypt review by Matthew J.
Matthew J.

"Automated SSL Key Renewal"

What do you like best?

I like that the ACME protocol will take care of doing auto renewals and provisioning.

What do you dislike?

The initial process of getting setup takes a bit of research, but once done is makes sense.

Automated SSL renewal that is free of charge. This prevents us from having to keep track of renewing SSL certificates.

Letsencrypt review by Administrator

"Best SSL provider"

What do you like best?

Getting an SSL cert from other companies can cost anywhere from $50 all the way to $1500 for wild cards. Let's encrypt offers it all for free! Let's encrypts mission is to make the web safer and they make installations easy and quick

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't say I dislike anything about this company or the service they provide.

Security is our top priority and for a startup, a company that lowers our cost on server set up is a huge help

Letsencrypt review by John D.
John D.

"One of the easiest encriotion software"

What do you like best?

I first got letsencript with my new cpanel license and its one of the easiest to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

I've for no complaints what so ever! Couldn't recomnend it more.

Simple ssl certificate

Letsencrypt review by Agency
Agency

"Amazing Amazing Amazing! "

What do you like best?

Super easy to implement. They work with hosting companies such as SiteGround to make it accessible to the average user. It's basically a one-click install!

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything that I dislike.

Free SSL Certificates that are fast and extremely easy!

Learning about Letsencrypt?

* We monitor all Letsencrypt reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.