Creately

Creately has more than 50 types of diagrams, real-time collaboration and projects and thousands of examples and libraries.

Work for Creately?

Learning about Creately?

Creately Reviews

Ask Creately a Question
Showing 82 Creately reviews
Creately review by pallak m.
pallak m.

"Creately - Best for Interactive Diagrams"

What do you like best?

The quick and liquid drag and drop interface makes it simple to make and oversee flowcharts. There are pre-made templates to look over, or you can begin with a crisp clear canvas. Indeed, even free records gain admittance to essential shapes, arrows, and content boxes. That is sufficient to begin.

What do you dislike?

Collaboration is likewise accessible for the free level. In any case, there are a few confinements. For instance, a Team client can work together with a Free client, yet the Free client can possibly alter in the event that it has 60 or less articles and if there aren't any paid-level items in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creately appears to be worked in view of groups, which you obviously observe with their venture organizers and security settings for individuals.

The best element of Creately is the ongoing collaboration. Various individuals in your group can chip away at the flowchart without a moment's delay. Additionally, there's a talk include so you can see and remark on changes as they occur.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Creately
Creately review by kamlesh h.
kamlesh h.

"Creately - Dynamic Diagramming tool "

What do you like best?

Creately's shapes and connectors can have an independent perspective. Shapes adjust shrewdly as indicated by their neighbors' sorts to coordinate them. In the mean time, the connectors give you alternatives from a dropdown rundown of shapes to join with for moment affixing. Creately's free form empowers you to team up with up to three individuals. That is on the grounds that the arrangement is planned for convenience as well as for consistent coordinated effort between in-house colleagues and outside partners. Accordingly, you can complete undertakings all the more quickly and you can rest guaranteed your outlines are right as your coworkers can check and address your work.

What do you dislike?

There is no unlimited space to draw on the sheets . Also we cant edit comments when creating diagrams .

Recommendations to others considering the product

A diagramming tool worked in light of joint effort and straightforwardness. From flowcharts to cutting edge data illustrations it gives support of different graph types.

We can use creately also when internet connection is down because the application is created in such a way . The UML and sequence diagrams are useful when creating requirement for the projects .

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Creately review by Gurava M.
Gurava M.

"Amazing Design Tool for Diagrams & Mockups"

What do you like best?

Lot of inbuilt templates and capabilities. When i am trying to build a new diagram or design or sketch, I can directly pick one of the suitable templates and start making changes. Lot of customizable options to make changes and publish capability as well.

What do you dislike?

If I want to use it like sketch or designs, there is a space constraint to put lot of links and navigations. This may not be ideal for advanced users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is absolutely great tool if you are a beginner and want to explore a tool for diagrams, mockups, designs and lot of others. It works very well for advanced users as well based on some constraints like space usage etc.

I used to create a workflow using creative designs, mockups (where there is a great need for different colors and pictures/icons. And great tool primarily for beginners and as an advanced user, it works for me well enough so far.

Creately review by Andres Eloy R.
Andres Eloy R.

"I like this software bcause it is very useful to make a lot of things"

What do you like best?

I could say that this has been a better online diagramming app than others, this can be the only one software that makes the work well, it's very easy to use, it also has a big database of templates that it can give us a head start for the diagram and finally that software has many colors and curious elements that it makes it more interesting.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can limit your space and therefore It can't keep all graphs that go with the same subject together. Besides it’s a little difficult to navigate on it and It supports only limited diagrams so you'll delete some diagrams to add another ones which is the worst thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, is the best way to make diagrams, I really like it

I solve many problems like driagrams the grades of my students and also, we play

Creately review by Ali S.
Ali S.

"Never forget the flow of tasks"

What do you like best?

The most important for me about Creately is its availability on the cloud. I love to have access to my plans and charts everywhere without any additional software installation, and this is what Creately makes possible. It is also designed to be intuitive and easy to use. I've never looked at any help page to find what I want. If I want to do something on the charts, I just guess and try it, it works always.

What do you dislike?

For small and personal projects, it should be free but it is not. I believe in open source software for personal usage, but Creately does not give the option to have free private charts.

I am using Creately mostly to keep track of my research process. As a researcher, I have many ideas to check and when starting to work on one of them, a few more ideas comes to my mind. Gantt chart of the Creately helps me to branch every task and create a subtask for every idea that needs to be checked. In this way, I can always go back and where it worked or didn't!

Creately review by shiva g.
shiva g.

"Creately - Flowchart and Diagramming app. "

What do you like best?

Creately is accessible as a cloud app and desktop app for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Since it offers continuous collaboration, different individuals can take a shot at a similar diagram on the double. It doesn't have the most extravagant library of layouts, however it has an appealingly low sticker cost.

What do you dislike?

We can't cancel the account , as there is no option to do it . For that we have to email the company about it .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Real-time collaboration and great accessability through web panel . Drag and Drop functions are upto the mark and best in the diagram applications uptil now .

We use creately to draw flowcharts for MVPs of projects . To make understand the client , how the application works . And creately is a great collaboration tool , as a whole team can work on it together .

Creately review by anukul r.
anukul r.

"Creately : An Online Diagramming Tool"

What do you like best?

Creately is a graphing tool which works in view of joint effort and simplicity.I extremely enjoyed having the capacity to diagram rapidly and make my charts look extremely proficient. It is likewise useful that I can reorder them to incorporate new cost bends in a similar chart. I appreciate benefits like ongoing cooperation and the anyplace availability of electronic outline programming.

What do you dislike?

There are few limitations which i would like to mention here. Creately limits your space and hence I can't keep all diagrams that run with a similar subject together. The second thing I don't care for isn't having the capacity to stick in articles like sections, and so on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely like to recommend creately as it provides professional level of quality diagramming at an inexpensive price compared to other available options in the market.

I used it for my day to day usage to draw diagrams like ER, Class, and also used it for finite automata to create various FSMs.

Creately review by Ankit M.
Ankit M.

"Creately"

What do you like best?

Creately is a diagramming software worked in view of joint effort and straightforwardness. From flowcharts to cutting edge data illustrations it bolster different chart composes.They are focused on making user's charting knowledge beneficial as could reasonably be expected. I really appreciate benefits like continuous joint effort and the anyplace openness of online graph programming.

What do you dislike?

Creately constrains your space and in this manner I can't keep all diagrams that run with a similar subject together. Another problem is licensing . Serious permitting issues that can't be settled - without a permit much usefulness is out of commission.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend creately because it is a great cost effective flow chart tool with all of the main features and tools that you would expect- Web tool is easier to use and allows for the creation of professional looking flow diagrams

I use it for extraordinary programming for arranging, association and process stream. The capacity to make a visual portrayal is unmatched.

Creately review by Bernard N.
Bernard N.

"The Best Diagramming Software"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of images and icons I have access to. Being able to export and import diagrams and adding text is a great feature. Also being able to access diagrams online is great. Being able to export and import files and sending them to our client has been an amazing feature for our company.

What do you dislike?

occasional but very rare website crashing. I can't really think of anything else. It's really a great software. sometimes the website may log us out but it's not a big issue because the software does auto save anything we are working on. I would like it if there was a 'save as' button right on top of the menu instead of having to remember to click 'save as' in the save menu. Not really a big deal but would be nice to have. it would also be great if it can open visio designs but its not a really a big problem for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely very easy to use and has lots of great features

Creating network diagrams, network racks and colocation diagrams. It makes things much easier for our customer to view our designs. We have recommended the software to some of our customers and they have started using it as well and we can now share diagrams with them right through the web application. which is really a great feature. our customers have also commented on the software.

Creately review by Shiva Krishna G.
Shiva Krishna G.

"Best tool to visualize our thoughts."

What do you like best?

This is the best tool or application I have used till to create diagrams or images for my company. We were able to create images which are in sync with my company website.

Easy to adapt.

Easy to import and export.

HD images and PDF files.

Can import custom shapes to the tool easily.

Create different projects for different tasks.

No installation required, we can do it online.

In-built templates helps a lot in figuring out our thoughts for designing an image.

Removing the water mark in big advantage.

Provides various options for downloading or exporting the diagram to local machines like - SVG, PDF, PNG and JPEG formats.

Provides different export size types like Original, High Resolutions and Custom Scales.

For PNG types we can download the file with transparent and without transparent background types.

Transparent PNG files are more likely to be sharp on your website.

What do you dislike?

When we tried creating our custom images we forgot to save our changes, and due to which some times we lost our edit, auto save option should be provided in-order to overcome such mistakes.

Should provide some more in-built or shapes.

Once we login, navigating to application is taking some time. Performance should be increased here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best application for your organization.

We have created nice flow diagrams, architecture images and flow charts for our company. All images, diagrams and flow charts and in HD quality which are appearing very sharp on our website.

Creately review by Amit K.
Amit K.

"Creately : A Diagramming tool for professionals"

What do you like best?

Creately is fine elective for designing tool that costs less yet at the same time conveys on the guarantee of making graph creation straightforward. It's accessible as a cloud application and work area application for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Since it offers ongoing coordinated effort, numerous individuals can deal with a similar chart on the double. Creately offers large number of individuals a chance to chip away at a similar document in the meantime.

What do you dislike?

Restricted template choice in the free version. Dropping or changing a account requires an email to the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the case where you have to make diagrams with budget friendly tool , Creately is a decent option in contrast to Visio, yet just in the event that it has the layouts you require.

Used Creately in the design phase to create an application for client.

Creately review by Daniel E.
Daniel E.

"A convenient program that is free and user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the number of options for shape and color inputs. It helps to be able to customize a flowchart with a lot of detail.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I come back to a project to make adjustments the elements will be shifted slightly without having made any changes to the project. This can cause the pathing for directional arrows and text to shift awkwardly. It only takes a few minutes to fix when it happens but it is inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Creately is useful for creating our process flow maps and decision trees for our SOP's. It helps to simplify things and have a visual representation of what you're explaining to your employees, an auditor, or a customer.

Creately review by Akash B.
Akash B.

"Creately"

What do you like best?

Creately is a diagramming instrument which works in perspective of joint exertion and straightforwardness.

From flowcharts to front line information outlines it support distinctive diagram templates and patterns.I acknowledge benefits like progressing participation and the wherever accessibility of electronic layout programming.

What do you dislike?

Creately compels your space and in such a way I can't keep all charts that keep running with a similar subject together. It also limits free templates as it requires paid version. Authorization is also an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to all the sdlc people who want to use an online diagramming tool with a budget friendly pricing.

I used this tool in the early stage of product and solution implementation. I used it for sequence and flow diagram to outline the working model.

Creately review by Clara L.
Clara L.

"Disapointed"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy/straight forward to use.

not expensive

What do you dislike?

5h worth of work disappeared even though I saved 3 min before

My final diagram was saved in Creately format ( in case of a "disaster") The disaster happened and found out that you cannot upload a file that is bigger than 10MB my file in 22MB.

support team pretends to help but when they don't know what to they Ignore. With this mentality, they wasted 1 week of my life (me hoping that they will be able to upload my creately file that I've sent them. Instead, I've waited and got no answers that actually matter to me. A "we are extremely sorry but there is nothing we could do for your issue as this is an exceptional bug" would have a least showed some respect and allowed me to move on and redo my work.

So creatively is simple, straight forward to use and not expensive. Now beware it bugs a lot so you need to save every minute if you don't want to waste your time. I am working on the creation of a website for an algorithm. So I need one big graph that shows the workflow of my website perfectly. Needless to say, my diagram is big. With such, work the online platform bugs a lot so you have to save every minute which is less frustrating than if you were losing your work every minute. Then I saved my final document on my desktop in the creately format ( in case there was a big terrible bug) I could redownload it. The big terrible bug happened (5h hours worth of work just disappeared for no reason) , and that is where I discovered that you can not download docs that are bigger than 10MB. Mine was 22MB. I've sent it the help center of Creately and asked for help and answers of why this bug happened. It's been a week now and although I got some response about please send me your email address and the name of your diagram nothing else really from them... Not only this app made me go made but the support team made me lose one precious week of work. I am now going to try and redo my work because I know now that Creately is good for a small project but not big ones. A true disappointment

Creately review by User

"Nice web based diagramming tool!"

What do you like best?

The tool is cloud based so i can easily share diagrams with my whole team, and we can access the diagrams from any device with a web browser.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a bit laggy at times. The primary app still uses flash. They have a new non flash app but it did not import my existing diagrams over and it is a little buggy still.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creately works well enough that its not worth switching for us. It sometimes feels a bit outdated but hopefully once their new HTML5 interface becomes the default it will feel a lot more modern. We have stuck with creately because it works.

We use Creately to create "living" diagrams that the whole team can refer to and update as there are often changes being made to our systems that we need to keep track of. Not needing any software to update the diagrams has made doing so easier - meaning that we finally have up to date diagrams!

Creately review by Administrator

"Review of Creately"

What do you like best?

What we like best about Creately is the overall aesthetic look to the org chart we created for our company. The easiness of using the software was enjoyable and made my job a lot easier, but I am a pretty tech-savvy employee. The final product using Creately was pleasing and organized and was very easy to export to a printable PDF/word doc...which also made my life a lot easier! Most org chart creations are unable to print on one sheet of paper, and that's only with 104 employees.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about Creately. I wish the org chart could include pictures of our employees, but perhaps this is a simple opportunity I have yet to explore. I also wish the text was a little easier to navigate, as sometimes changing the shapes of the org chart and co-aligning them with the text is difficult.

Finally, I also wish this was a site/software that allowed other users to view our creations without a charge or registration. I wish I could share an app or something similar in which our employees could pull up our org chart with no frustration within minutes.

We are solving the "who's who?" issue with our organization. We realize that having an easily-accessible, aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-read and understand org chart has benefited us tremendously. We include our printed org charts in departmental conference rooms/break rooms and provide our employees with these org charts in their New Employee Binder, which allows them to easily access this info in a time of need.

Creately review by karan t.
karan t.

"Creately - Real-Time Collaboration Diagramming Tool"

What do you like best?

Creately enables groups to take care of issues and work together outwardly. It emerges from the group for its convenience and instinctive interface. Worked in collaboration, revision control, 1-click publishing on the Internet and Smart Objects make Creately the simplest and most dominant online diagramming application today.

What do you dislike?

Creately depends upon the flash which is vulnerable with security flaws . Also flash takes lot of time for startup .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creately is a natural and simple to utilize Visual Collaboration tool. Creately's special and amazing user interface is very easy to use .

We use creately for flowcharts, UML, ER to business and educational diagrams . Its intutive tools helps us to build diagrams very easily .

Creately review by Hugo L.
Hugo L.

"Creately allows me to make sympathetic and lively charts"

What do you like best?

I love that Creately has taken the "art" of making charts to the next level by allowing us to add characters as part of a chart: I think this is a very unique feature because your charts become less boring and more full of life, and this will help you gain more attention and more clients. One more thing I love of Creately is the fresh type of arrows it offers (kind of 3D) that give even more life to any type of charts you want to create. This is the best software for making charts I´ve found

What do you dislike?

One thing that I dislike a bit, and that Creately can improve a bit, is that even though the software gives you the ability to add nice characters to charts, they don´t have a face, and it would be nice if Creately gave us the ability to add different types of faces to each of these characters. The last thing I find unattractive is that there´s a limited number of arrow figures, and this can make the process of creating a good a chart a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, this is the best software you can use for making lively charts, and this might be a benefit for your business and even for yourself.

I get to create nice and lively charts for my business and for presentations I have to offer to clients and other people that might be useful for my business. An additional nice feature is that I can even make kind of conceptual maps that help me improve my business.

Creately review by Abhishek K.
Abhishek K.

"Best tool to use for UML and Wireframe design"

What do you like best?

It easy to use and the user interface is really simple. The application is available on the web and desktop. The drag and drop feature makes it really simple to draw UML diagrams.

What do you dislike?

The free tier should have more features. The User Interface is simple but not according to new website standards. Although, it doesn't lack any features which I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have application if you want to design UML diagrams for projects. The Wireframe feature is also good.

I am using it for creating UML diagrams and Wireframe design for college and personal projects. The application makes it easy to design and saves time as compared to traditonal method to draw using pen and paper.

Creately review by Akash D.
Akash D.

"creately"

What do you like best?

Creately is a dynamic digramming tool that can be used from the cloud(online) or offline desktop app.As Creately is a direct application, you don't require highfalutin specialized abilities to manufacture your graphs, be they flowcharts, infographics, or others. It comes with features such as One-Click Create,Drag-and-Drop Function, Smart Shapes,Text to Shape, Real-Time Collaboration, Inline Comments & Discussion Threads etc.

What do you dislike?

One specific thing i don't like about this is not being able to copy&paste in objects like brackets, etc. Their choices are extremely constrained and something as straightforward as sections can't be stuck in from an alternate source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product for beginners and professional both as it is budget friendly and provides most of the required functionalities .

I used it create system design for one of our clients desired solution. I used it for sequence diagram, er diagram and dfd.

Creately review by Alicia Sarah V.
Alicia Sarah V.

"Bring your flowcharts to life with Creately"

What do you like best?

I constantly create flowcharts in order to keep handy summaries of everything I learn, and one way of bringing these flowcharts to life is by using Creately. Something I seriously like about creately is that I can add characters to my flowcharts so that they become “more engaging”. And the best part is that I can add these characters only by dragging and dropping them anywhere inside my flowchart. Then, I just need to add some text, a few lines, and I have a “living” flowchart that helps me learn faster any subject.

What do you dislike?

I don´t really like the fact that Creately workspace has a greyish grid as a background. At least for me, it would be better if the default background for Creately was plain white. Also, I think that it would be useful if the team in creately could add funny faces to the characters, as this would mean more engagement for people like me, who use the software to create learning aids.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Creately is a really nice tool for creating “living flowcharts” (when I say “living flowcharts”, I mean flowcharts which are really engaging because you can add characters full of colors!). Also, you can create other types of useful charts, such as synoptic tables. My advice is that Creately is probably the best online tool to create fast charts in a really short time.

I´m creating my own flowcharts for my own freelance business and personal learning: every type of business (personal, small and big) needs to have a diagram that states the steps to follow for a certain activity, and with Creately, I can do that in a matter of minutes. It´s as easy as that.

Creately review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Creately makes flow charts simple"

What do you like best?

The best part about Creately is the straightforward nature of creating a flowchart. I can spend less time on presentation design and more time on presentation substance.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to customize the canvas size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool is easy to try out without obligation. Give it try. You will be able to quickly assess whether it meets your needs.

As a scientist, I use Creately to design flowchart for informatics experiments. Due to its simplicity, I can focus on the experiment substance without worrying about technical design issues. I have used the charts created with Creately in notebooks, presentations, and publications. They have been instrumental in helping to organize various research projects.

Creately review by Carlos Alberto V.
Carlos Alberto V.

"Great tool to systematize your company by mapping business processes"

What do you like best?

I use it for flowcharts to make business processes clear for all my departments. When I need to explain a process, I just open Creately and do the process on the fly. When something goes wrong, we check the process and update it in seconds.

It has a desktop version.

You pay it only once and on't need to pay again.

It is an awesome tool to use!

What do you dislike?

I had problems with the Creately Mac Desktop version several years ago where I lost a lot of info and I have not had a confirmation that it is 100% safe to use it again. I would like to get in touch with someone that can guarantee performance.

Maybe it would be nice to be able to edit on an iPhone/Android app instead of just viewing the processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best solution for mapping and flowcharts!

I solved to map all business processes for all departments. I also use it for organizational charts.

My team knows exactly how to cope with all types of situations so I can systematize all processes.

Basically, you can use it for anything you think of.

Creately review by Ben H.
Ben H.

"Solid Flowchart Tools, but frustrating technical limitations and poor support"

What do you like best?

Generally, I'm quite pleased with the features and functionality of the Creately App. Creately provides a lot of great features for creating user experience flowcharts, which is what I primarily use it for. I particularly like that the Creately App is browser-based, which means that I can access and use it from any PC. Combined with the ability to save diagrams to the cloud, it's a very useful tool.

What do you dislike?

I had a poor customer service experience. It was not made clear to me that there was a 12mb file size limit on the total diagram that I was creating. After adding quite a few images and creating my diagram, when I tried to save and exit, I was given an error message and told to save a local copy, which I did. It was then, that I noticed that the file size limit.

I reached out to Creately's customer service to see if they could help upload my locally-saved file to my account, on their end. At the customer support representative's recommendation, I manually resized and reimported all of the images and ensured that the new file was under the size limit.

So, after more than a week of back-and-forth I was told that there was nothing that could be done and to, instead, split my diagram into several smaller diagrams that could be linked. This was, unfortunately, not what I had hoped for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of file size limits and don't use images too heavily in your diagrams.

I use Creately to create UX (user-experience) flowcharts to describe mobile apps for developers.

Creately review by User

"Creately, the best diagram creation software"

What do you like best?

Creately is an exceptional and very effective software for the creation of diagrams as part of a thesis presentation. This software helped me a lot. Its use is simple flexible and adaptable on all the browser. So I can say that Creately is the best software among all diagramming software. It has a wide variety of editable diagram to serve us as needed.

What do you dislike?

The software does not remain active after a moment of inativity, so you have to restart it. You have to save the work each time so you do not lose it. The diagram import is done only in photo mode when using the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the software creatively to anyone who uses diagrams in everyday life and also those who make projects and presentations. Because it is an indispensable tool for creating simple diagrams.

I knew Creately for the first time during my project management course. I first knew Creately during my project management and crisis management course on social media. It was very beneficial to me in that it facilitated my presentations and the summaries of my lessons.

Creately review by Kritika D.
Kritika D.

"My first UX app"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy I've found the interface to create mobile and desktop interfaces. Its also been really easy to make changes and save various iterations in a project.

What do you dislike?

The platform gets kind of heavy /slow if you have too many elements in one page. Especially when you go through different iterations of the same page on one slide. Maybe it would be better if I tried to do different iterations on differentboards? But that makes it easy to compare designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is quick and easy to understand and navigate

I'm an architect by education, but I've just recently started delving into UX at work. And my company refused to sponsor for paid softwares. I found creately online and decided to give it a go. We're redesigning the company website. It was much faster and easier than Using Illustrator to create everything from scratch, where I would have had to figure out all the dimensions and look up templates etc online. It made the design process much faster.

Creately review by Michael P. L.
Michael P. L.

"Visual excellence! "

What do you like best?

If you're a visual learner, this is the easiest way to get the message across. Lots of great built in icons and graphics. As a tool used to build out training info, it is perfect for my needs. I can relay a lot of information at one glance if well designed enough. It is really up to the creativity of the user to make use of this tool for training purposes and the tools are easy enough to become an expert pretty fast.

What do you dislike?

User interface is pretty easy, but takes some getting used to. There are some limitations to this compared to other tools I've used, but for basic structure or Venn diagrams, this tool is pretty easy. Some of the icons that are built in are useful, but are limited depending on what message you are trying to get across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fastest way to get a lot of information to people using simple visual design.

For training purposes, I've created diagrams using this tool to show complex hierarchies of how employee structures were organized at my business. This tool provides a fast way to put a lot of info on the same page, or in this case, diagram.

Creately review by April C.
April C.

"Creately provided a visually appealing, user-friendly experience"

What do you like best?

The software was extremely easy to use and offered many options for creating flow charts. I was very pleased with the end results and the range of options for colors and styles for different charts.

What do you dislike?

I wish I would've been able to use a larger area for some of my charts, I felt the square area for working was not quite enough to fit my entire chart. However, I made do must fine with what was available.

I was able to create a marketing plan that visually represented all necessary components and how each thing was connected. We were able to identify gaps in the plan and address them accordingly.

Creately review by Prasad W.
Prasad W.

"Very good Tool for Architecture Diagram"

What do you like best?

The type of different images which are available in Creately, the best part where I don't have to import anything extra. I found everything which I wanted to create any basic as well as complex architecture diagram.

What do you dislike?

I am AWS Solution Architect and there are lots of services which are constantly getting updated and released so It takes time till they are available in Creately AWS Plugin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will definitely recommend the Creately as it has everything for the one who wanted to submit memory map, Architecture Diagram, Blog/Flow diagram etc. I never have any second thought to search for any other product or compare it with any other product.

I need to submit various Architecture diagram depending upon the client need and since most of the time, I found everything in place in Creately which is really time-saving for me.

Creately review by Brad R.
Brad R.

"My review for Creately"

What do you like best?

I really liked the amazing diagram builder, it was super helpful for building visual representations of the products we were building. Also it was great to show each step as in a decision tree.

What do you dislike?

I wish Creately had more options as far as design. It sometimes looked a little to basic and simple. Maybe a 3D graphic option or a way to integrate videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to anyone who needs a simple solution for building decision trees and diagrams.

It solved our issue of having a easy way to have a pre-built graphic representation of the software products we were going to build. It made it easier for my coworkers and i to talk over the best way to design it.

Creately review by Bridget N.
Bridget N.

"Useful for creation of various things!"

What do you like best?

This software has been useful. From the templates to being online and accessed from anywhere has been extremely beneficial to me in my position and in creating things.

What do you dislike?

Some things are bit difficult to navigate and get exactly how you want but the end result is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. I don't think you will be disappointed!

I've used Creately to create organizational charts of our staff, operating procedure, structure and things. Everyone who has seen the finished project has found it extremely helpful in understanding our structure and flow. Also the look of it is also professional.

Creately review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Excellent for Quick & Complex Org Charts"

What do you like best?

My focus on this product has been to create internal org charts for our group. The software works wonderfully to easily create and move items around and positions and proposals change.

What do you dislike?

It is desktop based, therefore even pulling an existing chart can not be done "on the fly," which has slowed me in a few minor occasions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know what you are looking to accomplish (creating an org chart, etc), this provides a great opportunity to create an easy-to-update version that is useful and easier to manipulate than something such as Microsoft Word.

Internal growth requires the use of strong, easy identifiable diagrams and org charts. This has been incredibly helpful to get a message communicated effectively.

Creately review by Terry H.
Terry H.

"Because Concept Maps Are Cool"

What do you like best?

While I love drag and drop makes things fast, I love the ability for certain shapes to adapt in size based on context. Also, the 1-click start isnusefulmto lower the 'barrier' of getting started with comprehensive concept mapping as a process.

What do you dislike?

Not sure there is anything to 'dislike' other than maybe preferring to make concept maps with pen and pencil rather than using software. As I mentioned elsewhere, you can use both pen-and-paper and software-based maps together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't neglect watching the demo videos before striking out on your own. While it's not complicated by any means, there's a lot you can learn by watching the developers use their own software. Also, check YouTube for tutorials from non-developer-users, as the Creately community has a lot of strong ideas to offer as well. Finally, consider doing a little reading about what concept maps 'are' and non-technology based strategies that can make your mapping more fruitful and effective.

Content brainstorming and planning as well as visualizing workflows. The benefits are being able to 'see' ideas and their relationships, and critical ideas missing from your internal processes. I concept everything in my personal life and as a business owner, , so anything that supports that is useful for me.

Creately review by Adama S.
Adama S.

"A best web tool"

What do you like best?

The accessibility (everywhere)

The price

The easy to use interface

The differents choices of graph

What do you dislike?

Flash crashes sometimes with most of web browsers

It could be more interesting to have a standalone interface.

It could be also useful to have more customization

My projects analysis is faster. And the soft is more cheaper than Microsoft :-)

In the past we use Microsoft products but with the update of Office application (move to Office365) there is no solutions. That's why i use Creately.

Creately review by C. Daniel M.
C. Daniel M.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and easy to navigate. Exporting to an image or PDF file is seamless. Progress is saved as you go so no worries about losing lots of edits if your browser crashes. Everything can be done within the browser, no software to install.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to find the shape you want if it's not basic like square, circle, triangle. If I change the style/colors of a shape I have to copy and paste, can't save it as a quick style. Getting lines that connect shapes to behave properly can be a struggle at first.

I have used this for everything from company org charts to creating a wiring diagram for my car radio.

Creately review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Fast and easy to use tool for creation of workflows and diagrams."

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface the diagrams remain intact when you move the actions around. Also the huge number of symbols is great.

Output to PDF is great.

What do you dislike?

The connectors behave sometimes differently. Sometimes you cannot change the type of connector and you have to use a workarounf to create one by using copy/paste. While working it would be good if there would be a setting to define a default connector. Now, it is always the wrong one, which you have to modify in the dropdown menu.

There is a bug in the MRP/ERP symbol (Value Stream Mapping). If you need to align the text vertically, and start with a new empty line, so that the text is positioned somewhat lower than the top, the text is duplicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it with the free version. After that the desktop version will make your life easier.

I can create and modify quickly workflows and save time in doing so.

Creately review by Administrator

"Great interface, easy to use, good looking diagrams and flowcharts"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is certainly my favorite feature. Its very straightforward for anyone to pick up and start using, and the flowcharts also look good.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that the free account would allow for more diagrams to be created. I understand the need for monetization, but perhaps there can also be an ad-supported version of the website, that still allows for clean diagrams without watermarks, but at the same time offers more than 5 diagrams. Also, the reliance on Flash player is antiquated and not supported by modern browsers like Chrome and Firefox by default. This needs to be updated to modern standards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just create a free account and start using it. It's easy to learn and get started, that's the only way to learn.

There is a need for diagrams and flowcharts to explain the complex systems that KAYAK uses to solve travel problems for consumers. Having a web-based application like Creately makes it easy to get started fast and start creating right away, without any licenses to worry about.

Creately review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Best Mac Option"

What do you like best?

I have worked with Microsoft Visio in the past, which is not available for MacBooks. I needed a MacBook similar product. This has been very helpful in ease of creating org charts to reflect our organization. We often have changes and I was using Word to create org charts, which is soooo tedious. I like ho win Visio the boxes can be linked easily with the lines and the lines can be manipulated as needed. I like the option to download in multiple versions including pdf and png. I like that we get free use.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the grid snaps into place in a way that I can not fix and does not line up. For example if I have a row of boxes all with lines to one main box, if the line of boxes are not at the same point and the same size, occasional I can not get the line to evenly lay on top of the others. It will be slightly below or above and won't line up. Also I would like the option to move boxes forward or back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very similar to Visio in ease of use. It is user friendly in that it is not difficult to figure out how to use on your own.

We are able to provide organizational charts to our board and our staff. We are a growing company with frequent changes, and this allows me to keep up with those changes and communicate them better visually.

Creately review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Creately is a madness machine"

What do you like best?

I like how it is possible to create classes with one click. I like the colors.

What do you dislike?

It's impossible to move pieces of a diagram around once they are connected with relationships. It's also very buggy. Sometimes I click on a right-angled line, and it becomes an impossible tangle of angles. Sometimes I save a diagram and when I return to it, it's inexplicably changed. It makes me question my sanity, and it is massively frustrating and unrewarding to use. Luckily, I am very stubborn.

I am trying to diagram a metadata model for my organization for media asset management purposes.

Creately review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Helps create accurate organization charts quickly and easily"

What do you like best?

Ease of use with drag and drop features.

What do you dislike?

Some of the text editing features aren't as bug-free as I would like. But otherwise there aren't many negatives with the Creately software.

Creately is much better at creating the kinds of charts that we use for our clients over Excel or Word or any other software we have tried before.

Creately review by Filip Z.
Filip Z.

"Good tool to create beautiful diagrams quickly online"

What do you like best?

No need to have any knowledge of design tools like Illustrator or Photoshop. Creately is very easy to use and it is an online tool, so no installation troubles.

What do you dislike?

That diagrams are public unless you pay.

Very intuitive and easy to use, so great for putting together a quick diagram that still looks great. Good for visualising processes and concepts, especially with the standard templates provided, such as flowcharts.

Creately review by Elaine O.
Elaine O.

"Easy, fast, time spent productively!"

What do you like best?

No download, pretty intuitive to use which made for a quick start to finish.

What do you dislike?

I used a template for creating a site map. Think there could be more choices. Perhaps there is a quick start guide but I didn't have time to find it! Haha. Still quick and intuitive though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't tried it, do. If you have tried it, please review and share with others so we can get a better idea of what Creately is doing and where it is going.

Creating a site map for pages on an online auction site for the non-profit where I work. Having never done that before, Creately made it much easier.

Creately review by Ricardo W.
Ricardo W.

"Simple way to share your workflows design"

What do you like best?

It works very intuitively and is simply the fastest and easiest way to share and collaborate in workflow designs.

Among the things that I like most, is that we can share the designs quickly with my team. This reduces time and allows us to contribute new ideas and iterate quickly.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately it is based on Flash and sometimes it takes time to start. The column to look for types of designs for icons is not so intuitive.

Lo utilizamos para iterar rapidamente distintos diseños de procesos y servicios con mi equipo y poder compartir los borradores rapidos de manera interna.

Creately review by Sheri M.
Sheri M.

"Easy to use, low learning curve and gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

We love using creately to draw out workflows, processes, etc. Its so easy to use that anyone on our team can jump on and add to what we're developing. Exporting the final product is quick and easy. The number of templates available to get you started are also highly beneficial.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see more export capabilities, but overall we love this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an adaptable tool that offers you efficient ways to start documenting your processes or workflows - creately is a great tool!

Documentation - workflows, processes, data flow, etc.

Creately review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Nice product to draw software designs"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to draw any sort of UML Diagram (use-case diagrams, class diagrams etc), Database Design Diagrams and Network Diagrams in Creately.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that Creately is being really slow and lagging, especially in collaborative editing. Sometimes Creately's autosaving function doesn't work and I have to refresh the tab and start over again from the last saved diagram.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Creately for all software design purposes.

I'm using Creately to draw software design in my university projects and have used in my internship also.

Creately review by Anirudh Y.
Anirudh Y.

"Draw with ease"

What do you like best?

A user friendly software that helps me build mockups and demos for mobile applications.

What do you dislike?

I cannot build working prototypes that allow clicking and interacting with mobile applications

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent product that saves you a lot of time during your initial product lifecycle development by allowing you to rapidly build prototypes for feedback. Go for it !

Being able to rapidly build mockups that my clients can then see and provide feedback on.

Creately review by Andres F.
Andres F.

"Great app for models design"

What do you like best?

The large number of options to work, the set of templates that allows you to use even the free version, is also very easy to use, does not require prior subscription to work similarly to the application.

What do you dislike?

The restriction imposed on the free version, only 5 files to create flows.

The easiest way to solve a problem is with a flow diagram, the ones I have created are to show the process within the company, making the whole flow known and review where there are possible faults within it.

Creately review by Sahan T.
Sahan T.

"Its Amazing,Easy to use and very user friendy."

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and I really like the UI and UX of this product.

What do you dislike?

I doesn't like the way of connecting two objects some times lines get overlapped.

Creately is a amazing tool to design diagrams and wire frames,I personally recommend to use Creately for your diagram designs.

Creately review by Aly N.
Aly N.

"Found in a book. Implemented at work."

What do you like best?

User-friendly. Web-based, meaning no download/install time. A number of style elements and export options to choose from. Formatting is a breeze and comes with a variety of choices.

What do you dislike?

The usability of Creately is really good, but sometimes it logs me out mid-project. I think the purpose of that is to ensure that thing are kept private and that your account remains secure, but it can get a little annoying. Other than that, it's a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give this program a shot! I've had nothing but good experiences with it so far!

As a beginning content strategist, I read about Creately in The Content Strategist's Toolkit, a book my boss loaned me. I think while the book makes me better at what I do, Creately expedites the process with which I do it. I can't say anything bad about it.

Creately review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Handy little tool"

What do you like best?

This is a nifty tool to draw flowcharts and mind maps. It took some time to figure out the toolbar that pops up when you select an object but its an amazing option that saves you hours. I think they should do a better job of explaining that.

Loved the templates as well, makes life that much easier when you need a flowchart. Overall a great alternative to MS Visio and thinking of upgrading to a team plan. Good work guys.

What do you dislike?

The tool itself is difficult to use and doesn't allow you to do much in terms of working with others at the same time. I was also looking for something that would work well with the Google environment which this doesn't

UML diagrams

Learn more about Creately

Creately Videos

Learning about Creately?

* We monitor all Creately reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.