Guidebook Reviews & Product Details

Guidebook Overview

What is Guidebook?

Guidebook is a simple yet powerful mobile application builder that lets you create an app in four easy steps — no technical skills required. Just choose from a gallery of mobile app templates, select your features, and fill it with content. Then publish in minutes to Google Play and the Apple App Store.

Guidebook Details

Guidebook allows organizations to create mobile guides to their events and venues.

Guidebook is the easiest and most scalable event app solution in the industry. We take pride in our platform's user-friendliness--both during the process of creating an app and using it at an event. Whether you plan one event per year or hundreds, Guidebook can support your desired level of functionality and branding.

Guidebook
2011
San Francisco, CA
@guidebook

Guidebook Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Guidebook community
Have you used Guidebook before?

Guidebook Reviews

Showing 29 Guidebook reviews
Already have Guidebook?
AM
What do you like best?

Maybe it did what it's supposed to be but kinda clunky, basic and caged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

BAD UI/UX, people won't find easily the log in button. counter-intuitive, terrible customer service, data from surveys were so RAW and unorganized. They didn't consider customer feedbacks. we used them for two years in an event but they didn't literally changed.They put down early our event immediately it finishes, which is a major let down unlike other providers we can still update after the event as we are doing after event surveys/feedbacks. I remember calling with their representative and she was from australia. she was literally making a lot of clicking sounds and seems to be chewing a gum. Not professional. and this is really a BIG LET DOWN: before the event, they switched dedicated customer rep to assist us. kind of unethical for us, doing this before the event. they're difficult to reach out to also. Nothing's personal. This is just how they dealt and how we experienced with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NO. maybe for small events but this ain't going anywhere with their prices. their prices can get a good provider. their price are same as crowdcompass. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They don't offer onsite features, they're not as extensive as other competitors. Other suppliers can give more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

I like the push-notification option, and I like the calendar feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new privacy features added within the last year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to include 400+ students into our summer program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Guidebook is neat and straightforward to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Guidebook is a bit less easy to manage across devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guidebook has been useful for managing conference and event planning in terms of schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

My workplace recently acquired Guidebook to use for admitted student days, and I love how simple it is! We're all new to Guidebook in my department, but I was tasked with learning it and using it to create the events for these three days. It's easy to add things to the event, fix mistakes, and personalize it to fit the event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more edit options on mobile -- I know I'm going to have stuff to fix during these event days and might not be able to get to my computer to fix them! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're hoping to waste less paper by printing fewer paper programs, and make our day and the guide for it more interactive and fun to use. So far, it's been simple for high school/college students and older professionals to both figure it out quickly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

It is very customizable. You can do a lot with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that they changed the privacy settings within the last year. It makes it very hard to notify participants. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reach out to other business' that are already using it to see how they like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

How to communicate with our vast number of students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Technology Specialist
Financial Services
What do you like best?

This tool is extremely easy to use. the setup is simple and intuitive. They have done a great job on the interface and the design of how the product works. The functionality of the modules makes sense and is really all connected together. There is a cohesive feel to the tool that makes it easy to use. You can also copy features from app to app once the app is already created which is AMAZING. You can get metrics in a easy to read excel file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is minimal ways of personalizing attendee experience and engagement tools are not tried and tested as with other vendors. They were really very late to the live polling and q&a game..not sure if they even offer a true live q&a solution. There are some aspects that are understandable but nevertheless annoying like having to upload photos twice..once for a header and once for a thumbnail. Its very repetitive and takes quite a bit of time to do those things when you look at how many speakers/icons/etc and then the number of apps you need over the course of a year. It really adds up unnecessarily. There is no way to send emails through their system which is kind of annoying. No tracking on who downloaded the app which for larger organizations is kind of disappointing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

really think about what you want at the end..if metrics are important this tool may not be for you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

providing event information to attendees onsite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AE
What do you like best?

Generally easy to use, but limited options for custom theming and layout. Basically, you can do almost all of the schedule construction, strands/tracks, basic categorization and text input via web based forms. Most of the user networking features are outsourced to source systems like Twitter, Facebook, etc. The app gets deployed to the appstore and to the web portal which is nice. On-the-fly updates posted to the LIVE app is convenient and often necessary when scheduling changes due to unforseen contingencies on the day of the event itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Object linking requires export-import. Entering speakers requires you to create a custom list which then needs to be linked by exporting a CSV and importing it back with mappings using their internal keys. You'd think that this would be a built-in feature, but otherwise easy to use and ramp up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a good product, but somewhat expensive; best negotiate a 3 year contract and get a competitive discount. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's been excellent for our annual Educational Technology Conference of about 400 attendees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

Great UI, amazingly responsive support, all the core functionality I needed without unnecessary, expensive bells and whistles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints. Would've been amazing if I could get by with the free plan, but needed the "premium" functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great platform! There are a lot of event app vendors, but I haven't been more impressed with any competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Higher attendee engagement, lower printing costs, overall better event experience for all involved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Director
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Guidebook has been a great platform for our association's Annual Meeting. It is easy to set up on the planners end, and easy for the attendees to use. Each year new options are added that make Guidebook better and better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only request for a change would be to allow the planner to save one edit and move on to the next (for example, when editing the schedule it would be great to edit one event then automatically go to the next event on the calendar for edits). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it, you will love it! Each feature can be personalized and edited at anytime, so you cannot make a mistake! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prior to Guidebook, we had never used a meeting app. Guidebook gives us one more way to connect with our attendees by giving access to critical information at their fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Administrative Associate I
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I like the easy accessibility in being able to set up events and patrons attending the event are able to download the app and access it the day of the event. I also like the customer service and being able to chat with them online if there is an issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is the inability to delete the time and type it out, you actually have to change the time with your keyboards Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use and customer support is awesome having online chat support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to see multiple things happening on campus and giving access to people who are attending the event Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Visually nice. Customer service was somewhat supportive, but didn't not work weekends for an event that started on Monday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Software bugs, limitations in capability, expensive. I was hoping to have better support, since there were a lot of scheduling publishing issues. They gave me a customer service rep that sat on the west coast, when our event was on the east coast so there was always a 3 hours delay in any sort of fixes I needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a very small event this might be a good app, but it was not capable of handling our event of 120+ people. I had to publish schedules and it didn't work whatsoever, so there was always at least a 24 hr lead time to get changes reflected. They gave me a customer service rep that sat on the west coast when my event was on the east coast, so there was a huge delay in timing and since I needed them to publish any changes it created massive delays. I asked for a partial refund and was told if I would like to use them again they can offer me 50% off of the 3,500 that I had spent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to organize a meeting for 150+ people and in theory the app would have been great, but the only thing that ended up being good was the videos section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

It was very easy to use and to assign roles to multiple users. Previously we used posters and signs to advertise the events and Guidebook made it super easy to change event information and update participants in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Clean interface, easy to use, a technology that both students and faculty are familiar with and could access easily. The price is a bit expensive but it was well worth it when we factored in reduced printing costs and manpower. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider cost-sharing with other units on campus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We collaborate with units across campus to host the Diversity Education Week. Often times, proposals are received late (after we've gone to print or the website is live) and we had to turn down those proposals. Using Guidebook has eliminated this issue as we are able to continue to accept proposals and add them to the guidebook once marketing has begun. There is even a feature that allowed us to push notifications to participants when a new event was added. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IRACDA Postdoctoral Fellow
Higher Education
What do you like best?

I used Guidebook at a conference last year and loved the ease and portability of it! Rather than having to remember to carry the conference program with me at all times I could use the app on my phone to look at the agenda, bios of the speakers, and connect with other folks at the conference. It was a great networking tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes changes to the conference agenda were not easily found or stated. I"m not sure if that was a shortcoming of the app or the conference organizers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guidebook optimizes conference attendance which is a huge benefit because it allows you to be more strategic about the talks you see and the people you connect with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

I like that I could essentially create my own app and be creative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had to use this specifically for a class so I wasn't able to use it enough to find something I disliked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please RESEARCH this before starting to use Guidebook. It's extremely important that you realize that everything having to do with this app is new to a lot of consumers. The more you know, the more you're able to accomplish by using it/ creating apps through it. I've only had good experiences but part of my experiences come from having to know a lot about Guidebook itself to be able to completely use it to it's full advantage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Well, my job has been trying to figure out new ways of recruiting and creating a new app was one of the ideas. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The ease with which the app could be used. It doesn't matter what level of tech savyness you posses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

some of the tabs were unnecessary but I'm not sure whether that is due to the app or the individual who set up the conference profile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

networking, information exchange, file sharing, organisation of info, group guidance, communication, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Guidebook is a great service that looks to elevate customer care and ease of use with their products. It was super simple to use and an enjoyable experience from start to finish with little problems in between. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Guidebook is definitely not the cheapest in the event app market. Be prepared to pay a bit more for the service/ease of use that you're getting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just be mindful again of cost and ease of use with the type of product you are wanting to create in this case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were trying to solve getting an appropriate event app for our annual events and looking for a service that would help our users as well as help our upper management use this when necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Application Development Senior Analyst
What do you like best?

The guidebook let you to create your own app without any coding skills. Loving it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need more diversity in the application such as user should be able to make more customize application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read all the way through the instructions first and then start your way to build. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The content management system was intuitive and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that I can just go to the app to sign-up for sessions, access supporting materials, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes - it fits my needs well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those who are using the product - it is helpful if presentations are uploaded prior to a session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Moving away from large packets for conferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advisory Consultant
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Allows users to be engaged in the event through a mobile app, works smoothly, and is effective for it's stated purpose Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly it's always worked very well for me, so no complaints here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Connectivity for events

Mobile application/dynamic schedule that can be adapted Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like that I was able to transfer my schedule straight from my spreadsheet. also it made communicating with the training attendees easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to add reviews and surveys to each presentation. my events was small so I did not pay for the upgraded version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I definitely recommend giving it a try! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it helps us with the organization of our training and keep the organizers and attendees on the same page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Guidebook was super user-friendly and easy to navigate. I felt great knowing that I wasn't using a printed agenda for three days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tracking between concurrent sessions was a little clunky, but not so much that it detracted from usability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was able to navigate the conference from my smartphone. This was much easier than waiting to get to the conference to look through the printed agenda, or having to jump on a computer and access the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love this app. It is easy to use and was incredible for sharing information with new students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high but I really did not feel it was much higher than what we were paying to print. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sustainability. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Extension Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

Guidebook is extremely easy to build and edit. I am able to easily explain to co-workers how to utilize their online system to build apps for our event attendees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Edits to a event guide have to be made on their desktop version only. This makes editing difficult while we are on the ground. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our event attendees have moved on from paper materials and want everything to be accessible from their cell phones. Guidebook is an excellent solution for moving information that we typically print for our attendees to an electronic version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The app is very intuitive and is flexible to meet the needs of the event being used for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can’t have a custom app it requires the use of the guidebook app and then download the event Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helped users with agenda building at conferences Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Specialist
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Setting up a guidebook was incredibly easy. I was able to set it up and then hand it off to non-techy staff. They had no problems making updates or using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty finding guides if you have a org-specific account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Wanting a guide for an event that can be updated on the go, also reducing/eliminating paper guides Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.