Conductor Searchlight

Conductor Searchlight

Conductor’s content intelligence platform, Conductor Searchlight, generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.

Work for Conductor Searchlight?

Learning about Conductor?

Conductor Searchlight Reviews

Ask Conductor a Question
Showing 137 Conductor reviews
Conductor review by Misty M.
Misty M.

"Conductor Searchlight is not just a tool, it's a partnership!"

What do you like best?

Unlike many of the competitors, Conductor offers personalized services that their clients rave about. Their reputation has lived up to the hype. I have access to my appointed teams calendars and am able to schedule meetings when I need them. They are always on target and helpful during our calls. Being a team of one, having access to a team of people helps me strategize and interpret my research in a tangible way that is invaluable. Otherwise, I'd probably be overwhelmed by the information. Bi-weekly calls, access to a team when I need help, keyword research, competitor research, market research, help creating work spaces, ability to send reports to others within my organization (not in Searchlight), tracking changes, segmenting, site analysis that helps me track ADA compliance issues and so much more is what I like best about Conductor Searchlight.

What do you dislike?

Being a newer customer, at this point, I don't dislike anything. Conductor is so receptive to feedback, if I did dislike something I'm sure they'd work hard to change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a more hand-on approach rather than a tool, Searchlight is the right choice!

Searchlight is helping me prioritize my information into workable scenarios where I don't feel overwhelmed with all that needs to be done. I'm able to use DeepCrawl to keep an eye on the health of my website as well as keyword research and following my competitors.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Conductor Searchlight
Conductor review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"Conductor Searchlight Helps Simplify SEOs"

What do you like best?

Conductor Searchlight offers in-house training to use their program. The training covers all aspects of what the program offers and helps simplify SEOs. I personally had very little knowledge on SEOs. Searchlight helped me understand what to look out for and how to increase visibility. The Conductor Team is great at managing the account and answers all questions we encountered in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The only issues we encountered with Searchlight Conductor stemmed from the fact that we implemented it as we were in the middle of a site migration with URL change. It took a little time before we found Searchlight to be of use once the migration was settled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO not implement in the middle of a large site migration.

We have been using the program primarily for Keyword tracking, and we are able to see which keywords we need to work on. The program allows us to see what words we are close to ranking on, what we dropped down on, and what we moved up on. These features help us prioritize the daily work load.

What SEO solution do you use?

Conductor review by Karl T.
Karl T.

"All in One Answer Machine!"

What do you like best?

I love Searchlight for all of the data and analytic features that come with its keyword tracking platform. The visuals and graphs makes it easy for the users to understand where you are and where you need to be. Insight cards and other features help narrow down important information in just one click. Everything you'll ever need to get ahead is there for you. Finally, the team I work with is amazing, no stones are unturned in guidance and you'll never feel left in the dark.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not much to say about dislikes. The learning curve wasn't bad at all and it's easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time on the implementing keywords to Searchlight. This phase is extremely important for better results.

Keyword research and Competitive insight. Two of the main factors that are important for a company. Searchlight allows you to see both at the same time; comparing your keywords with your competitor and seeing where you are is a boost to what you need to focus on.

Conductor review by Vito A.
Vito A.

"Conductor's SEO Searchlight Platform"

What do you like best?

Searchlight is easy to use and provides information such as keyword rankings, SEO recommendations and reporting tools that not only make my job easier, it provides great reports that clients can understand. The competitor data is also very helpful. It also provides next steps for finding content ideas, which keywords to target and which pages need to be optimized. These are just some of the tools. There are many other ways to use Searchlight to gain insightful information for clients.

Conductor's support is excellent. You can reach them by email or a chat feature and they're usually very quick to respond with the information required.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see additional SEO tools built into Searchlight such as an SEO audit which could identify issues and tie back to the keyword data for example. We currently have to do audits with other SEO tools. Aside from that, I can't think of anything else I dislike.

Searchlight enables me to focus on strategy by providing me support information I need to determine how to improve my client's visibility in the search engines, increase brand awareness and ultimately increase revenue, conversions, leads, etc.

With report features such as the keyword pipeline, I'm able to show positive progress from the start of an SEO campaign to current day.

Conductor review by Katrina M.
Katrina M.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

It is obvious that Conductor is very customer focused. I like how they put out updates to their platform that make sense and greatly improve usability for an already easy to use tool.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Searchlight. It covers a lot of ground that is above and beyond the needs of the user. If I had to choose though, I would say that I wish there was a bit more documentation on the integrations. It just seems like the integrations are a set-it-and-forget-it type deal. In our case, when something went wrong - seemingly random - and Searchlight no longer had data funneling into it, it took some footwork to discover that our Google Search Console tokens that are attached to a specific email had expired and that email had also been disconnected as an admin user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Searchlight is very efficient. I feel that it gives users the opportunity to not only optimize their site but to also discover things about SEO that is not common knowledge. Besides the tool, the help and support of the team at Conductor is invaluable. They bring a lot to the table providing well-rounded insight and recommendations, support to navigate the tool, and in-depth meetings to discuss business strategy and numbers. All excellent qualities that you would expect from a professional SEO team plus they are also very personable. I would highly recommend this product to other customers.

Naturally, my immediate team sees issues right away that Searchlight presents, but it is also giving us a great opportunity to loop in other teams and present them with solid arguments as to why SEO should be a priority.

Conductor review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Best of the Breed Enterprise SEO Platform Selection"

What do you like best?

The insight stream is very helpful to keep me alerted the ups and downs of our SEO performance.

The content performance annotation is instrumental for me and the web team to stay on track with the website changes and SEO performance.

Most of the reports allow me to drill down to the detail. That is extremely helpful for us to deep dive the data. It is like having all data on my figure tip.

Life chat support is very convenient and helpful.

The onboarding process is first class.

The customer success is very helpful and will run the extra mile to help me.

What do you dislike?

The insight stream has much good insight every day. It is hard to keep up with it. Currently getting a weekly digest only. Hope that I can to set up a daily email alert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, you will not regret.

We use Searchlight for everything we do about SEO/SEM, competitive analysis, keyword research, keyword performance, and content performance tracking and reporting, SEO dashboard, technical SEO, Link opportunity research...etc. I also worked with Conductor's customer success manager closely on ad hoc report, SEO campaigns, root cause analysis...etc.

Conductor review by Romy R.
Romy R.

"A great platform, guidance needed"

What do you like best?

Actionable insights emailed to key stakeholders on a cadence we choose.

What do you dislike?

This platform is robust, which is great and difficult at the same time. Ensure that you ask for an ace training team because those are essential. Do NOT try to do the on-boarding on your own, there's a lot to learn and Conductor's team mostly does a good job of showing you all the bells and whistles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is best in the hands of someone who is an SEM/SEO expert. While it was pitched to us as an SEMer's replacement, I don't think it goes quite this far. Yes, Conductor helped us keep an eye on our rankings, but the interaction with managed services was less than ideal, with the project manager moving much faster than we liked, pushing us into decisions we weren't ready to make and handing us off as quickly as possible.

With Conductor, I was able to take my time to hire an SEM specialist when our rockstar moved on to another opportunity. The platform allowed us to keep making optimizations to landing pages, and even paid search, without having to hurry our hiring process. Once we found the right fit for our team, our new SEMer was able to quickly get acclimated and make optimizations with Conductor.

Conductor review by Calton M.
Calton M.

"A little setup goes a long way."

What do you like best?

Pros:

Reports are incredibly easy to read.

Competitive analysis is addicting!

Everyone I have worked with at Conductor has been extremely kind and helpful!

What do you dislike?

Cons:

Recommendations are not always helpful/accurate.

There are so many features, it's hard to keep track of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. However, DO NOT try to learn how to use it entirely on your own. The Conductor team is very knowledgeable that it really does make using the tool infinitely easier.

Our main goal was to boost organic traffic year over year and Conductor was incredibly helpful in doing so. We utilized the basic weekly win/loss report that was setup by a Conductor employee in order to identify areas we could improve our search engine optimization. In addition, we were also able to go into the recommendations section when we had some free time and improve the content on random pages.

Conductor review by Jackson  C.
Jackson C.

"Conductor Searchlight Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Conductor Searchlight is that they not only provide a large amount of data for you to use, it is set up in a manner that makes it all easy to understand. When issues do arise, the customer service is top-notch.

What do you dislike?

Because there is so much to see, it is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a software that will help you improve your clients' search visibility, Searchlight is the tool. The large amount of data it collects along with the robust reporting system gives you the ability to monitor, adjust, and report your improvements in a way that is very easy to do.

We are able to identify areas of improvement for our clients regarding search visibility and are able to accurately track our progress throughout the campaign. We are also able to identify markets where we need to focus more of our effort, keeping us from working on areas that aren't as important to the client.

Conductor review by Garrick B.
Garrick B.

"conductor searchlight | increase customer acquisition & loyalty"

What do you like best?

easy navigation to opportunities. for instance, we discovered that over half of our audience used organic search to navigate to online account management. conductor searchlight helped us insure our online account management page was optimized. more than that, conductor searchlight delivered insights for additional high engagement content for the online account page. we were able to expand the single account management into an entirely new section of content that crossed over into marketing and prospecting acquisition funnels.

What do you dislike?

we lack headcount for all of the opportunities that conductor searchlight delivers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for most businesses, regardless of industry, organic search drives over 4 out of 10 visits to websites from prospects and customers who span the entire funnel spectrum. conductor searchlight easily integrates with platforms to gather your organic search data to help magnify and raise up insights for easy-to-see and easy-to-execute incremental growth opportunities. conductor searchlight eliminates the mystery of organic search visits, neutralizes the need for seo expertise, and delivers the what, when, who, why, and how of organic search visits. conductor searchlight backs up their product with excellent customer service, a thorough and easy to use knowledgebase, engaging training sessions and resources, and a rapid response issue | ticket system.

conductor searchlight has solved the mystery of organic search visitors. 50% of visitors are managing an account and 50% are a blend of community and prospect visitors. csl clarifies data gathering and insights, and informs content design and planning for our personas. csl also delivered a consolidation solution for 10 websites. organic visitors have increased over 35%, including over 100% for specific products and services. the incremental traffic has solved for lead generation sources compared to additional headcount, list buys, and other ideas.

Conductor review by Kenneth T.
Kenneth T.

"Great Insights, great services and overall very good SEO platform"

What do you like best?

Conductor gives us a lot of insights on keywords especialy on keyword performance, from there we can easily set and monitor which keywords are performing well and identify the ones that are not doing so good.

I also like the content recommendations coming from this tool where we can easily see the areas of our sites that can be be improved,

Aside from those, I would like to commend them on their superb customer service.

What do you dislike?

What I do dislike which I also hope they would be able to address is that data is presented on a weekly basis, hopefully they can add a feature where data is can be presented/tracked on a daily of monthly basis.

So far I love the content recommendations, this is a handy tool to see any areas that needs improvements that we could easily overlook without using the tool.

Conductor review by Roxi N.
Roxi N.

"Conductor saves me so much time researching data!"

What do you like best?

I love that this is an all in one tool that replaces others for use on a daily basis to increase productivity and significantly helps our marketing efforts. The train me videos and Conductor courses available are amazing! The customer support is beyond anything I've experienced, and someone at conductor is always available to help with questions!

What do you dislike?

There is really very little to dislike. It would be nice if some of the paid features were included like daily rank tracking, but this is such a small price to pay for what this tool offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take the courses available to show you how to use conductor most efficiently!

Increased data functionality in one location has helped me save time and effort finding the right data. Now instead of having to send reports that take hours to compile, Conductor does it for me using workspaces. I'm able to create quality content without doing a lot of research, that benefits the customer and drives people to our products. I use the audience intent explorer to find ideas for content creation.

Conductor review by Somer P.
Somer P.

"Our go-to SEO platform keeps getting better "

What do you like best?

Our Content and SEO teams both use this platform to help plan and strategize for future content opportunities, as well as analyzing the performance of our current content on our site. We use the audience intent explorer frequently when trying to come up with new topics to pitch to our copy writers, as well as ensuring that we are providing the best possible keyword suggestions. A personal thing that I love about the tool is that you can see how you rank but they break it out with answer boxes, image results, carousels, etc. It really gives you a great look at trends over time, also. It's a ton of information so you have to really be able to segment and know where to focus or you will spend a lot of time looking at the data because there is so much valuable information in this tool.

What do you dislike?

On a large scale, some of the processes for adding and associating keywords with a certain URL are very manual and not as user-friendly as the rest of the experience. Initially when setting up certain content categories, it is a manual process to get all of your keywords entered and associated with the URL you prefer so that you can see all of the data. Maybe in future instances of the platform there will be an easier way to bulk upload and update these assigned keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service and support provided by our rep is OUTSTANDING! She is always willing to hop on a call or share her screen to help us get workspaces set up or to make sure we are getting everything we need out of this tool. If you are considering using this product, definitely reach out and get a demo or at least talk to some of their reps because they are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to the product itself.

A huge benefit for our team is the ability to easily and efficiently use the workspace features with our team and to share with others. Whether you have a ton of experience in the tool or not, you can easily just click on a saved workspace and access the information you would like to see. I can create a workspace that will automatically show my team how a certain category or segment of our business is performing. You can also set up automatic reports that will go to your email each week/month/etc. This saves so much time and makes the reporting process much more efficient.

Conductor review by Cassie H.
Cassie H.

"Simple to use & difficult to be without"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform allows you to get the hang of it easily. Going thru training is imperative to knowing where all of the information is (as its easy to get lost in) but it has becoming imperative t o our companies capability.

What do you dislike?

Challenge for us has always been the right keywords. As a multi line retailer, its difficult to pick what to focus on thats going to provide the biggest win for the company. Beyond that, with a small team, and so much information, its challenging to leverage the platform to its fullest capabilities. It can do so much!

Partnering with their Managed Services team has been imperative for us to be able to do what we've done so far with the platform. Their guidance on what keywords to focus on, along side a plan on how we can monitor, measure and make changes to our site to fully see what we as a company are capable of has been the biggest challenge that we've leveraged the platform for.

Conductor review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Conductor is an Industry Leading Tool"

What do you like best?

The partnerships that Conductor has created are by far the best in the industry (SEMRush, Webmaster Tools, Adobe etc.). Combine that with a top tier tool set and you've got a fantastic interface for evaluating success, competition and opportunity. The team I have worked with is responsive, efficient and have significant expertise in on-boarding clients as well as helping them to succeed.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would probably apply to any analytics partner. Our profile is extremely long tail, so the amount of keywords that we need to track is massive. Unfortunately this means that we have to spread our keywords across multiple accounts, making it difficult to aggregate results and report on them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor is a best in industry tool with a wonderful staff to help you onboard. I've been extremely happy with the interface and its capabilities. I would highly recommend Conductor to anyone in my field.

Our needs are primarily two-fold. 1) Monitor organic search presence and health, 2) identify opportunities for expanding our traffic sources. We just recently on-boarded with Conductor, but already will be using it to evaluate content focused efforts over the course of this year.

Conductor review by Thomas O.
Thomas O.

"A great SEO platform that keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The audience intent explorer has probably been one of the best tools in the platform that allows us to ideate with our content and social teams easily to come up with new topics to write about on our site. The keyword tracking on a national level is spectacular as it factors in local packs, answer boxes and image results. Lastly the customer service is the best I've had anywhere, their reps are incredibly responsive and always answer right away.

What do you dislike?

As some have said here, you get charged for every type of keyword used. So having the same keyword on desktop, mobile and in multiple geos would go against your count for each of those instances. Also updating keywords in bulk is a bit of a clunky process in being forced to use and excel spreadsheet to manually add categories rather than a mass assign via the platform itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support team! Once you get the hang of the platform you'll be tempted to do everything on your own but they are a great resource to lean on.

We've been able to identify content gaps using content maps to find areas where we are missing. It also has made reporting a breeze in that it allows you to build workspaces which serve as convenient dashboards where you can also gather insights relatively quick.

Conductor review by Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.

"Good for Keyword and Content Insights"

What do you like best?

I like that Conductor gives you so much information and insights on keywords, search queries and content that is ranking/performing well. It also gives great info on competitors including what keywords they're ranking for, and keyword opportunities for users.

What do you dislike?

To track keywords for both mobile and desktop, you need to double your keyword expenditure - which can add up quickly. If you only have 1000 keywords to track, for example, you'd need to buy another 1000 to track on both mobile and desktop. Geo is the same situation - although I've yet to find a tool that will give you unlimited tracking abilities for head terms + geo tags. It just can become quite expensive for a larger site with multiple locations.

For us, it was about what content was performing well, and if the on-page optimization we're were doing made an impact. For this, Conductor is a great tool.

Conductor review by Jessie M.
Jessie M.

"Valuable Performance Metrics In One Place "

What do you like best?

I spend the majority of my time in Visibility Performance and I enjoy the top level progress metrics (moved onto the first page, dropped off the first page, moved into striking distance, no longer ranking, moved in/out first three positions, moved in/out position 1). These help me understand performance of created content and where there are areas of opportunity for clients. I enjoy the filtering options and the new calendar feature for setting view points. Being able to look at the search results helps me understand the competition better and how my clients websites are performing overall.

What do you dislike?

I have been enjoying the features of Conductor Searchlight thus far, I have not found anything to be lacking for my uses of the platform. I would like if data could be updated more frequently, instead of weekly, but this has not been a major hurdle for my use of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time utilizing the many features Conductor Searchlight has to offer to ensure you are getting the full benefits of the platform. Understand your needs from the platform and find the features that can best improve your business and your clients needs.

Conductor Searchlight allows me to find areas of opportunity and growth for clients and ideate new content suggestions. I look at the search results to further investigate competition and how they are showing their content for improvement opportunities. I benefit from being able to further understand the industries of my clients through their performance. I'm improving rankings by understanding where keywords and respective pages are positioned in the search results and what the search results look like for each keyword.

Conductor review by Ana A.
Ana A.

"A platform that leverages keyword data better than the competition"

What do you like best?

I love Conductor Searchlight for all of the analytic features that come with its keyword tracking platform. Things such as great graphs and visuals, competitive insights at the page and keyword level, and content recommendations based on keyword discovery are all super helpful and powerful when showing results to clients. Customer service is also stellar.

What do you dislike?

I must admit I would like immediate or faster updates when it comes to keyword tracking changes as refreshing every Sunday sometimes seems too slow, but it’s a small price to pay for such a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their customer service chat feature for any and all questions you may have; they are extremely helpful.

Clients that have indexing issues because of canonical issues, http-https, faulty redirects, etc. gained insight into the direct effects of these issues from a keyword perspective. Selling through a need for content SEO or technical SEO has been easier with data from Conductor.

Conductor review by Shawn R.
Shawn R.

"Conductor is a content manager's dream come true."

What do you like best?

I like the flexible and knowledgeable customer success managers. They always have an answer to my most off-the-wall questions and are eager to help! They truly understand the art and science of eCommerce.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing outright to dislike about the software or the people. They are both amazing. We just don't have the scale or time to fully delve into every single feature.

We are currently optimizing our entire product catalog of nearly 2,100 product pages. Primarily, along with quality assurance and copyediting, we are adding new keywords to help out with organic traffic. The Conductor keyword features have made this ambitious, immense project far more manageable! It is not a stretch to say that the software has reduced our end-to-end completion time by half.

Conductor review by User in Military
User in Military

"Searchlight, The Definitive Experience"

What do you like best?

Searchlight offers various insights on keyword performance and presents insights in an intuitive and simple manner. The website is simple to use and they ability to create an actively updating workspace and reports is great for our team. The training process and Managed Services team maintain great communication and are helpful every step of the way. The team that we are working with are great and I feel that they are just as invested in our success as we are.

What do you dislike?

There are some discrepancies with the results of Moz, Ahrefs, and Searchlight. While this doesn't take away from my confidence in the company, the uncertainty caused by this disparity leaves a bit to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Managed Services and Training Team works seamlessly together to help you meet your goals. The product itself is easy to use and easy to learn off the bat!

We have improved on the mistakes that the previous SEO team has created and have made strides in ensuring that best practices are maintained on the site. I believe that building a great SEO base is important and Searchlight has taught us how to build that base.

Conductor review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Finding New Topics for Content!"

What do you like best?

Conductor is a great resource for me to use whenever I am generating new content for my company's website. The Explorer tool lets me search for new topics to see if they would be worth writing content about and the Content Performance allows me to track content I have already produced to see how it is performing in searches and website traffic. Also, the Conductor team that we work with is absolutely amazing. They are truly focused on customer service and success. Using Conductor Searchlight has truly changed the way our marketing team operates!

What do you dislike?

Although there is not much to dislike about Conductor Searchlight, I have had a bit of a hard time creating a content map for my company and properly segmenting content into the different buyers journey stages. I wish that there was an easier way to move content around inside of the content map once the map is created.

Before using Conductor, it was very hard to find exciting and new topic to write about for our company's industry blog. With Conductor, it allows me to stay on top of trending topics within the industry and become part of the conversation and write about relevant topics that customers are searching for. It has made a huge difference on the quality of the content we are producing.

Conductor review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"My job is so much easier, happy we made the switch! "

What do you like best?

My favorite part of working with Conductor is the ease of reporting and understanding what's going on within the website. The features and capabilities of the platform are incredible. Previously I was jumping from platform to platform just trying to get a report together for my executive team. Now I get a weekly report I can just forward off to the team.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there's not much I can say that I don't like about Searchlight. I'd say the only thing the platform is lacking is backlink reporting, however, my account management team sends me separate reports weekly so I'm still getting my information. The team also mentioned that backlink tracking is currently being developed, so this will be fixed soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor is a very large investment, it took us months to evaluate different platforms. When considering Searchlight, I suggest you talk with your representative about all of your expectations to ensure it fits your needs. There are 2 main Enterprise platforms and it's important to know what is important to your business. Conductor fit the bill and we're not looking back!

With Searchlight, we've realized some low hanging fruit we haven't been looking into previously. Searchlight helps us identify content gaps and how to improve various landing pages. Every week I feel like I'm identifying new ways for our company to benefit and make changes based off of the data shown. Some benefits from the platform are the visibility into the website analytics, content mapping, and workflows.

Conductor review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Great Insights, Even Better Service"

What do you like best?

I really like that the customer voice is readily available. It's incredibly simple to setup dashboards and automate reporting to your inbox. I also like that our data can be easily segmented into groups.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more detailed on page recommendations and a deeper integration with 3rd party tools. This is something that's being addressed with the next product update. I'm really excited for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage others to evaluate all of your options. Conductor will stand out from the crowd.

The thing that separated them the most in my mind was Customer Service. Conductor has made Customer Service & Experience a priority and it can easily be seen during the on boarding process and continued support.

Conductor Searchlight is being used by our Marketing and Ecommerce teams within the organization to understand the voice of our customers. The tool has been a great measuring stick for our business...and has allowed us to understand all of our gaps and what we can do to address those gaps.

Conductor review by Administrator

"Excellent Platform for Small to Med Size Businesses"

What do you like best?

The support team was absolutely phenomenal for Conductor. The level of detail and professionalism given to our team was like nothing I've experienced before. The Explore tab was also incredibly useful to get an understanding of how any page on the internet is currently performing, and was used often!

What do you dislike?

The biggest flaw for us specifically was the ability to customize the product to fit our exact needs. The platform is probably extremely useful for small to medium sized businesses, but massive enterprises like ours can be very particular with functionality needs due to the reporting we're required to give to our leadership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the level of customization needed for your business. For example, do you need the adjustable timeframes to align with y our fiscal calendar? Small to medium sized businesses (under 10,000 employees) will find Conductor to be a good fit for their needs. But larger enterprises may find the lack of customization capabilities to be a challenge.

Category support for the merchandising categories for our ecommerce website.

Conductor review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Conductor - The 6th player on our basketball team"

What do you like best?

Conductor allows us to streamline our SEO efforts into actionable and trackable mile stones. We utilize the tool to concept new content ideas but also to make sure our past efforts are continuing to perform. We utilize their managed services option which is truly the extra player on our digital marketing team. Their managed services team is always showing us new opportunities as well as bringing ti light any problems our site may be facing from a content or technical side.

What do you dislike?

When we first adopted Conductor is was a little hard to navigate and to understand where everything lived. They have recently made some changes which allow you to easily find what you are looking for.

We use conductor to show us when technical issues have come up (i.e. missing sitemap) but we also use to to plan new category landing pages. the benefits from a technical side or immeasurable but so important as we do not have the hours in our day to constantly track the technical changes.

Conductor review by Ali H.
Ali H.

"Fantastic tool, better people"

What do you like best?

Conductor has an incredible team of industry experts that can help guide any level of team to improve their technical and tactical SEO.

The onboarding team has been incredibly helpful, flexible, and available in providing their expertise.

They have shown incredible dedication to learning about our industry in order to help us in the best way possible.

The tool itself has made incredible technological advances and integrations.

It is absolutely the best tool on the market for a comprehensive view of a business domain.

What do you dislike?

I would love if they had an office on the West Coast, I would love to be able to meet with the team in person more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor Searchlight is a very indepth tool. I highly recommend spending A LOT of time with the onboarding team to get it set up correctly.

The time invested on the front end will greatly increase your productivity throughout your relationship with Searchlight.

The more you use the tool, the better it gets :)

We are working on fixing some technical website architecture changes which searchlight helps us discover through their tool.

The other primary problem we are solving is ideation for content creation. Conductor shows us the top keywords that are being used by competitors that have the highest search volume, so we have the opportunity to know which keywords are going to make the biggest impact

Conductor review by Cameron M.
Cameron M.

"Sophisticated Technology for Targeted Optimizations"

What do you like best?

Conductor Searchlight allows me to work smartly and efficiently, which is a game-changer when you are a part of a small team. The recommendations that I present impact the workload and priorities of my team members and organization, so having a trusted platform to support those recommendations is key, and Searchlight is that trusted partner for our SEO efforts. I appreciate the countless ways that the data can be filtered and organized, since this allows me to gain valuable insights and present it to my team in a succinct and digestible way.

What do you dislike?

I truly enjoy this platform. There was a learning curve when I first began using Searchlight, but the excellent and well-organized training sessions that Conductor provides alleviated the stress of mastering the technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conductor has a massive suite of features, and depending on the needs of your business, you may or may not need all of these features. Identify the key areas of support that you are looking for, and work with the sales team to customize a solution that works best for you.

Audience research and content optimization are two areas of interest for myself and my team, and Searchlight meets both of these business needs. Understanding our customer is vital, and in a shifting market, it is important that we stay current with user search trends. Our competitive space is crowded, so identifying ways that we can differentiate ourselves from our competitors is key, and Searchlight allows us to do that with comprehensive content performance analysis and competitive comparisons.

Conductor review by Ania M.
Ania M.

"I love Searchlight"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the Searchlight platform is to navigate and use! In addition, the Conductor team is great about taking any feedback we have and improving the platform even more.

What do you dislike?

I wish work-space reports were able to support widgets in columns so that I could see graphs and data next to each other for easy comparison.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an SEO tool that's easy to use and keeps all of your organic data organized in one place, this is it!

Keyword research! We use it to do keyword research and then track it so that we see results of any changes made.

Conductor review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Conductor Searchlight Is Worth the Price"

What do you like best?

Searchlight is an enterprise-level SEO platform that provides a wealth of research, tracking and content creation opportunities. It's a one-stop tool for my SEO needs.

What do you dislike?

Many of the most interesting new features come ad added costs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do your due diligence to research other SEO products, you'll find that Conductor Searchlight offers most, if not all of what others do, and their customer service, including live online chat, can't be beat.

Searchlight makes SEO research, whether at the keyword, page or domain level, a breeze. It helps us determine the best keywords to use for a particular business need.

Conductor review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great platform with the most supportive team!"

What do you like best?

The Conductor team goes above and beyond to support me and my team. I always look forward to connecting the the Managed Services team, and their insights and deliverables are top notch. The Searchlight platform is very intuitive and offers custom views and reports, without requiring much effort to setup. The process to onboard is seamless and accompanied by great support. The Conductor team setup our account to cater to the structure of our websites and various team functions within our organization. Speaking on behalf of retail, Conductor is highly integrated with the industry, and offers support and resources to meet our business needs. Searchlight is a great product and the support from the Conductor team is astounding.

What do you dislike?

While getting setup, I ran into a few issues with how our URLs were being captured, but the team was able to provide a workaround, so we no longer have that issue. Other than that initial issue, I don't have any dislikes. I appreciate how anytime I had a concern, it was immediately addressed by their team, so that I may navigate without any issues moving forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Walk through the different areas on the website. Ask questions on business needs to see how Conductor can help address those needs.

Having such a lean team, it's difficult to address every question from every person across multiple teams. Conductor Searchlight served to take care of that issue for me. It allows me to create custom views for different teams, automate reports for them, highlight any immediate concerns and help them to identify top opportunities. Additionally, I have the team support of Conductor to help educate our internal teams about SEO and how to best leverage Searchlight, while also being able to provide the value of building components of the tool on our behalf.

Conductor review by Mike T.
Mike T.

"Our Primary SEO Tool with Incredible Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The Conductor Searchlight tool itself offers the best user experience in the industry and provides 90% of what we need to manage our global SEO initiatives (5% through their partnership with Deepcrawl for site audits and see what I don’t like for the other 5%). In addition to being a powerful tool that can provide keyword/competitive insight, site/page performance and customizable reports, the support team at Conductor is second to none and are available at a moment's notice via their integrated chat tool. Victor, Adam, Kevin, Anatolii - use them, they are a phenomenal support team. I also meet twice a month with my Account Manager Kevin to review our account and address any needs. As a Fortune 500 just getting started with a small SEO team, props to Kevin to keeping us focused and forging ahead.

What do you dislike?

The other 5% I mentioned earlier is the lack of a backlinks tool, but was just told that one would be coming here in the next couple months. I assume it will be through a partnership similar to Deepcrawl whom Conductor uses as their site audit arm (love Deepcrawl).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not necessarily related to Conductor, but ensure you map out all your needs before making the jump to an enterprise SEO tool (map our your keywords, both domestic and international, competitors - you guessed it, for both domestic and international. You can see it get get quite expansive very quickly). We underestimated our needs and will now need to ask for additional funding.

As I mentioned earlier, we are a Fortune 500 company with no prior SEO resources until I took this role just last year. As a team of two, in charge of multiple site variations spanning over 40 business units around the world, it was a challenge for us to get up to speed. Thus our desire for a tool that could be our one-stop shop and launch our SEO endeavors from ground zero. We use our Searchlight partnership for everything, from keyword research to site audits to SEO performance reports. We utilize this insight to provide data on where we are doing well and where we can improve and drive additional resources (funding, content authors and site dev modifications) to support our efforts.

Conductor review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Conductor has been a game changer"

What do you like best?

Conductor provides end to end support for every conceivable SEO question, whether you are completely clueless in the space (as we were), or have an established base of best practices. The Conductor team is super flexible and provides customized recommendations with actionable steps to take in response to literally any request or question we pose to them.

What do you dislike?

Conductor has provided us with specific product naming recommendations, blog post titles, and product description recommendations that will align our content best with the relevant queries people have for our space. This is huge, since prior to Conductor, we were essentially shooting in the dark. They've given us the framework and direction that can guide any new content we put out on the site.

The issue is that as a scrappy team, we are still fairly resource constrained and it's tough to properly prioritize and staff the work itself. Obviously Conductor can't literally make the changes or do the site work for us, but it has been tough to keep pace with the speed of the recommended improvements they make.

With conductor's help, we've already put massive improvements into place across product pages, collection pages, blog content, product naming conventions, and more. they've also done a great job of educating us on the reasoning behind the suggested changes, so that our entire team is learning about SEO as we go-- not just following specific orders or instructions.

We are actively monitoring our direct ecomm competitors to see whether they are gaining share on any key terms and reacting accordingly. We're also monitoring our huge, indirect competitors in the space to watch if there's anything we can learn from their tactics or holes in their strategies that we can exploit.

Conductor review by Megan L.
Megan L.

"Great Vendor, Easy to Use Product"

What do you like best?

Searchlight itself is super easy to use, and very intuitive. Everyone we've worked with at Conductor has been pleasant to collaborate with, helpful, and just genuinely nice.

What do you dislike?

I wish my organization had more people to implement the solutions we're offered by Conductor, but we're getting there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They really take your thoughts and needs into account when creating new products. I have never felt so listened to by a vendor.

We're slowly but surely optimizing the content on all our pages, and hopefully as we move to a new site (Conductor is doing the migration too!), creating and updating new, SEO-friendly content.

Conductor review by Joseph W.
Joseph W.

"Great Tool for Measuring Visibility and Planning Editorial Calendars"

What do you like best?

Conductor allows my team to be constantly aware of our clients' keyword ecosystems and enables us to make strategic and custom decisions best targeted to individual clients. Only having access to keywords that sites rank for (which is the case for other tools) deeply inhibits a teams ability to improve performance.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky at times, but the product team is always hard at work improving the experience and are always responsive to feedback

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, explore the competitive intelliscope and content type explorer features during your demo. These tools offer great insight into your keyword ecosystem

Conductor closes the gap between creating content valuable to readers and creating content that ranks well and drives worthwhile organic traffic.

Conductor review by Jerry L.
Jerry L.

"Powerful Research Tool"

What do you like best?

I am the in-house Copywriter for my company and I exclusively use Conductor Searchlight to help research key words to craft product copy, landing pages, email marketing campaigns and Blog articles. I like to have that insider edge to see how customers are searching and finding my products.

What do you dislike?

The platform is huge and it will take a very long time to understand and to effectively use all aspects of Conductor Searchlight, but I plan on taking the time to become an expert because I constantly find a new way to utilize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that helps organize and display website and page analytics in a detailed easy-to-understand format and lays out suggestions for page improvements. Customer Service is very helpful and I have received excellent training to get me started with Conductor. Plus, they are very accessible and I feel I can go directly to whom I'm comfortable speaking to if I have any questions or concerns.

I use conductor for SEO and to track how our website is performing globally and page by page. It puts me in touch with accurate analytics to help me produce the best copy I can. It has assisted me with landing on page 1 of Google 100s of times and also get back to page 1 when I have fallen off. It really shows the strengths and weaknesses of the webpages.

Conductor review by Robyne G.
Robyne G.

"A+ Tool for Content Analytics"

What do you like best?

It would be very difficult, if not impossible, to track all the visibility, performance, and market share information internally. Searchlight not only provides this information, but does it in an easy-to-use UI that allows us to create efficient content strategies with confidence.

What do you dislike?

It's a little more difficult to get information based on the product detail page, but Searchlight provides enough information that we can easily and successfully base our PDP content objectives on the metrics given.

Searchlight helps us recognize ways we can increase in market share and conversion. By providing relevant details and real-time metrics, Searchlight helps us easily track our progress and understand what is and is not working.

Conductor review by Dillon B.
Dillon B.

"Professional, Helpful and Insightful!"

What do you like best?

They are with you every step of the way. Whether you are new to the SEO world or are just looking for a new way to go about your strategies, Conductor Searchlight is an exceptional option. The platform is intuitive and effective, and the customer service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no complaints. They are always available for anything you might need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone.

It has helped to organize and steer part of our SEO strategy. There have been a ton of benefits from education about SEO to execution of a strategy.

Conductor review by Agency
Agency

"Excellent Platform with a Responsive Support Team "

What do you like best?

Conductor allows my team to build out comprehensive keyword categories for clients that offer the same service in different parts of the nation. This allows us to view the performance for keywords at a local level and identify the needs/wants of consumers in a given area.

What do you dislike?

You cannot report on a date until that week is over. For situation where the next month starts in the middle of the week, you cannot get all the data for the previous month until the following week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that tracks metrics and performance trends for organic search visibility than this is the tool for you.

Conductor helps make the connection as to why your site is performing well for a set of keywords and show what competitors are doing to outperform you in other keyword categories. I highly recommend using the competitive intelliscope and market share tools.

Conductor review by Katie G.
Katie G.

"The best in the market"

What do you like best?

Conductor has the best ranking tracking abilities on the market. Being able to track everything on a local server is crucial to our business. They are also able to pull in data from SEMRush, Adobe DeepCrawl and Webmaster tools in a meaningful way. They also have amazing customer service that always respond quickly to any questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

It took some time to learn the platform and to get fully integrated with all of the tools and partnerships. However, after being a user for the last 6+ months, this is no longer an issue for me.

As I mentioned before, being able to look at our keyword rankings and competition on a local level has changed our perceptive. We recognized new competitors from this and it is helping us push our projects through.

Conductor review by Administrator

"Professionalism + Quality Tool = Happy CEO and Managers"

What do you like best?

Visibility Performance is great. It's great not only because of the quickness that you can access that information, but for any SEO professional, it's the information that you should be looking for: wins/losses, featured snippets, dropped off first page, etc. This is an important part of your day to day and it allows you to really focus on what you need to.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot in terms of backlinks checking. Backlinks is not a huge factor in terms of SEO anymore, but it is good for branding. You won't find a whole lot on links, but that's okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tools that are used for SEO professionals at certain stages in their career. This tool is a great tool for people at all stages in their career. There is value there. Pay attention to onboarding and see the wholistic approach to help you.

Also, never think your questions are an imposition to their team. Ask away. Other software companies either charge you for that, or you won't hear back for a long time.

We are solving our competitive gap issues with our main competitors. By realizing these distinctions we are able to formulate a strategy on how we can swipe their keywords and how we can better utilize our resources to close the rankings gap.

Conductor review by Cole W.
Cole W.

"Such a Great Product, I Don't Know Where to Begin"

What do you like best?

Honestly, the best thing is not the product but the customer service. The team at Conductor is there to help me every step of the way, whether I have questions based on the product or SEO I know that I can always reach out to them. I can shoot them an email and get an answer within 24/hrs. which is something not all "tool" companies do.

Also I have to give props to their UX team. The look and design of the product is modern and updated, which is a far cry from a few other products that I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

I will say the one thing that I dislike about Conductor is it's so massive. It's taken me a few weeks to figure out the product (Which is a good problem to have.) and at times I feel like there is so much more that it can do.

Conductor allows me to track keyword data of all of my keywords and it also gives me a past history, of what's been done on this domain which is great for me as a user who is new to this industry.

Conductor review by Administrator

"A Leading Software in the Field of SEO "

What do you like best?

Conductor has a report titled, "content performance, which not only allows you to analyze the organic performance of various pages of your site over time but pulls from the DOM changes you have made to your HTML. This allows a user of Conductor to understand how changes to the DOM directly affect organic web traffic.

What do you dislike?

Conductor's tool for creating custom reports "workspaces" does not have clean UX/UI. The tool needs more user flexibility to edit the reports and customize the layout, coloring, etc. Plus the navigation just does not feel intuitive or user-friendly.

Conductor helps us plan content creation and understand web page performance. This informs how our content teams plan content creation and how our product marketing teams frame our products.

Conductor review by Executive Sponsor in Graphic Design
Executive Sponsor in Graphic Design

"Conductor Searchlight is Mandatory for Serious Content Performance"

What do you like best?

Development improvements on the tool is regularly updated ensuring best-in-class advanced technology. The team is dedicated to customer success.

What do you dislike?

We are new with the partnership, but so far things have been fantastic. The staff is dedicated and knowledgeable and they want us to succeed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Page / Keyword performance is your goal, and you want to be competitive in the search space, this tool will allow you to up-skill your teams to be strategic content authors.

The ability to see data that we would otherwise not have access to; to make informed data-driven decisions vs intuition. Specifically, we are able to track whether our pages are driving traffic and for which search terms; and what we need to do to move the needle.

Conductor review by Ashley Rae T.
Ashley Rae T.

"Elevated our organic SEO"

What do you like best?

Conductor's keyword data is great and super beneficial when ideating and refining content ideas for our site. From meta descriptions, page copy and blog posts we are always checking Conductor for the right keywords for our goals.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the different aspects of the platform can be confusing at first but you'll eventually find what you need.

We utilize Conductor to improve our organic search as well as make some paid search decisions. Monitor our ranking also clues us in on some content needs.

Conductor review by User

"Conductor Searchlight Review"

What do you like best?

Conductor is great at presenting your keyword data as insightful graphs and visuals as well as organizing data into keyword insights or specific page insights. I like that I can see what page is ranking for what keywords so we can optimize that page for what matters most to it.

What do you dislike?

The once a week data refresh isn't always often enough. When you open Searchlight Monday morning some of the keywords' ranking has already changed from what it's reporting.

For awhile parts of our website weren't being seen by Google bots and we weren't aware of it, Conductor helped identify the problem so we could find the solution. That's a huge win. Currently, Conductor Searchlight helps us identify opportunities for new content as well as ongoing optimization to current pages.

Conductor review by Shaina M.
Shaina M.

"Great product, tons of analytics and insights"

What do you like best?

I like how much information you can glean from Searchlight. There's probably more in there than I could ever explore, but we're always learning new ways to use the product and optimize our content and based on the insights Searchlight provides.

What do you dislike?

I think, initially, the product might seem super intuitive for folks who are less familiar with SEO and analytics, but the Conductor team is always willing to jump on a call, demo features, answer questions, you name it. I also think with any product offering as many features as Searchlight, there will always be a bit of a learning curve.

One thing that's been helpful are the automated reports, particularly the "New Insights" report which is kind of a broad update/highlights of things we're tracking in Searchlight. From answer boxes (always exciting) to organic search details, it's a nice reminder to get into the system and explore where we're performing. Similarly, the weekly reports you can create are a nice snapshot of how we're performing for particular keywords.

Conductor review by Darren S.
Darren S.

""Conductor Searchlight is a Great tool for SEO!""

What do you like best?

There are lots of things to love about Conductor Searchlight. They have a really in-depth keyword research explorer. You won't need another keyword research tool. They also provide a great platform to see your monthly keyword searchers, your URL rankings, and whether or not your rankings have increased or decreased. I really enjoy their competitor rankings that allows you to see where your competitors are ranking. Finally, their customer service is the best.

What do you dislike?

I wish they offered a backlink profile with their software. They offer it through a third party.

Improving our search engine optimization.

Conductor review by Kristin R.
Kristin R.

"Conductor has exactly what I am looking for..."

What do you like best?

The Content Type Explorer was the main reason why I switched from a previous SEO platform to Conductor. I absolutely love it. It takes optimization to the next level, by helping me identify which type of content I need to create to rank for key searches.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. :) But I have suggestions: I would like to have the ability to duplicate reports without having to recreate each one from scratch. And I'd like to see recommendations for Google Jobs.

We invest a lot in media, promotions, and advertising to drive traffic and leads to our website. Search optimization pays off in big ways because our website is the main lead gen avenue we use!

Conductor review by Nadene E.
Nadene E.

"Invaluable insight"

What do you like best?

Conductor neatly wraps all the info you need to make business decisions in one great package. Using Competitor insights tools, I can see when someone is making changes to their pages or even adding new products. Using the business case tools, I can see how changes we make to our site will have an impact on revenue and SERP positions. In addition, I can monitor daily changes in rankings on both desktop and mobile devices, in specific geo-locations.

What do you dislike?

It can be cumbersome to make large site-wide change to the keywords - it takes careful import and export. Get it right the first time (use the excellent hands-on assistance Conductor provides).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it up and running quickly - let the support team do the heavy lifting.

We are making pivots to our SEO strategies and products every day with Conductor Data. We add and drop keywords as needed to keep up with trends and data, as well as find new words to monitor and track.

Learn more about Conductor Searchlight

Conductor Searchlight Videos

Learning about Conductor Searchlight?

* We monitor all Conductor Searchlight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.