BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews & Product Details

BeyondTrust Remote Support Overview

What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) is the #1 solution for organizations that need to securely access and support any device or system, anywhere in the world. Technicians using Remote Support can quickly connect to, view, and control remote systems and devices, chat and collaborate with end-users or other technicians, all while improving remote access security. Organizations in all vertical markets around the globe use Remote Support to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. BeyondTrust is privately held and headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices and channel partners around the world. Connect with BeyondTrust at www.beyondtrust.com, the BeyondTrust Blog, or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Get a free trial of Remote Support at https://www.beyondtrust.com/remote-support/trial.

BeyondTrust Remote Support Details
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)

The #1 solution for leading enterprises to securely access and support any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Bomgar helps security and support professionals improve business performance by enabling secure, controlled access to nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world. Bomgar offers a range of secure deployment options to fit your business needs. Our on-premises physical and virtual appliances have helped enterprises satisfy regulatory requirements for years. The unique segmentation capabilities of our cloud deployment gives you the benefits of cloud without compromise.

BeyondTrust
1985
Johns Creek, GA
@BeyondTrust

BeyondTrust Remote Support Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BeyondTrust Remote Support community
Have you used BeyondTrust Remote Support before?

BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews

Showing 209 BeyondTrust Remote Support reviews
Already have BeyondTrust Remote Support?
System Support Specialist
Product Support Technician
What do you like best?

What I like the most about Bomgar is of course the ability for me to assist my client remotely. No hassle, they just need to enter the session key and voila! I can remote in and help them with their issue. I can navigate to their PC and fix whatever issue they are reporting with with their computer software. I can also transfer files from my local machine to the PC I am working with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. I can say that Bomgar works with it's purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a remote tool software that is secure and reliable, I highly recommend bomgar! It is easy to connect, navigate, transfer files, option to access computer services local to stop,start and run the services. It has a feature where you can also access the command prompt to type or run specific command without your customer's visibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since our clients are from other countries, We need to remote in to their PC for us to be able to assist them with their concerns. Good thing we have a BeyondTrust remote support on our PC that way we can just dial in to our clients PC and can easily assist them with their issue. The agility to help our clients is a must and thanks to BeyondTrust we are able to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Beyond Trust has an option to where we can remote to users machine. Admin functions works very well. We can monitor calls and tickets that was log on the ticket. We can set dates from and to. it can configure other option as well. Works like a charm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None so far. All options works as fine. no other issues. beyond trust delivers all functions when it comes to admin functions. I have not encountered any issue so far on this application even if we are using bomgar that time. way back from the time FIS acquired this application. sometimes there was an issue where in we can't connect but after rebooting it works.

The only issue that we encounter so far is if we reset the password for our organizational account the password does not sync with the application from the time that we are using the bomgar application. The resolution that we usually do is to reinstall the bomgar application and resintall it by getting the installer on the bomgar websie. but now beyond trust works well, even if we change password from our organizational account for mutiple times or we reset the account for how many time in a week or in a day we don't need to reinstall the application or what. we are able to login to the application right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beyond trust works a charm. it really help us when it comes to remote support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems with user's having issue with there machine that they need assistance too. colleague that needs help or assistance, that beyond trust can deliver it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have been using Bomgar as our Remote Assistance tool for a few years now. It can be customized to suit our requirements. A great feature is that it complies with HIPAA and GPX requirements and regulations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike, It is a great product and does what it has been designed for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to provide assistance to End-users efficiently for any IT related issues. IT Administrators can easily access a Server or a Machine on the network without any hassle and perform Administrative tasks Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EDP Systems analyst III
What do you like best?

The ability to help users anytime anywhere they have an internet connection is fantastic! Supporting from any computer through the web portal is great! It's a huge plus from having to have the host be on a desktop application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike about this application. So far it's taken everything I've thrown at it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

after using vnc and remote desktop for a long time to support users, they don't come close to the ease of use and functionality of BeyondTrust Remote Support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During this time of crisis with Covid-19 and the enormous uptick of users working remotely, having the ability to support them anywhere and anytime has been key to keeping everyone up and running! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designer
What do you like best?

One interface to connect to computers and groups. I like how there is unattended support so that I can just log into any computer whenever I want. I just found out about the buttons at the top, where you can click to open certain things in the Control Panel and the Run commands and not have to search through the actual remote computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it requires admin privileges to do something. It needs local user to enter credentials. In our work environment, our users don't know the admin password. I just found out there is an additional install where you can bypass this though. There's no way to create one install to use on multiple computers. Each install is unique, which makes it hard to deploy to the mass. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don't believe it is possible to create an image with Bomgar support installed on it, you will still have to deploy it afterwards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes it easy to see what the user issues are and look at their network. A lot of times we swap out internet at our location it this makes it easy to check IP settings and modem/router settings.

We have a gate software that the computers connect to another device locally and it helps to see if the computer can detect that device when troubleshooting.

We also get a lot of printing issues and this makes it easy to install/reinstall drivers and to test. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
What do you like best?

Saved our agency thousands of dollars in mileage. I can provide support from anywhere very helpful when I can't be at work for the corona virus. For the computers in my agency I have the jump client so I can easily remote into a computer for support without the user needing to download or install software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Above I mentioned that with the jump client I can remote into a computer without end user interaction. The problem then becomes knowing who uses what computer. With a better naming convention than I have that could be avoided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I mentioned above that it saved our agency thousands of dollars in mileage. We have 8 sites. The main office is 40 miles away from the two other furthest sites. Its not just the mileage but also the time to travel. I have an IT department of 1 person. I don't have time to spend 2 hours in the car to drive to a location that will take me 5 minutes to do what I need to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

this tool has everything you need to easier and quickly remotely manage a machine whether attended or unattended access. Tons of flexibility; hierarchy of representatives and their software is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

sometimes hard to find the settings needed to adjust but their support is great so can always reach out to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

definitely would recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems that i can think; anything i need and can't find; i just open a ticket and chat with their customer service and they help out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Project Manager
What do you like best?

I like that you can install a bomgar link that will allow you to connect to a user's computer without the user being present. The computer just has to be powered on.

I also like that you can transfer/copy files in the background while the user is still working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that are the updates. Sometimes the updates will require a reboot or you have to log back in. And you are not prompted in a timely manner regarding the update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solve the problem of having to be onsite and solving multiple problems at once. You can remote into several computers at the same time - great benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Administrator II
What do you like best?

BeyondTrust Remote Support gives support professionals unequaled control of endpoint devices. Works with desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. So easy to use, even the most basic end user can connect and get assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see is the ability to hear the audio from the endpoint device. This would greatly help in troubleshooting remote meetings and sound card issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although there are less expensive options available, BeyondTrust Remote Support is by far the most effective and reliable system I have experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With limited personnel and a wide geographic area to cover, BeyondTrust Remote Support has enabled us to increase our response time on issues, which greatly increases our employees productivity. It also reduced our travel expenses by at least 50%. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech Architecture Delivery Specialist
What do you like best?

The ability to deploy links directly to end users and use them repeatedly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there seems to be issues with shadowing and multiple monitors (specifically to Wise terminals) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it, then get it. You'll be glad you did. The product only keeps getting better. I have moved on to another department, but we still use this product. I am not as active as I was when I was on the support desk, but being a "customer" of the support center now, I can tell you that it is absolutely the best product that I have used. The end user experience is fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to solve the efficiency and efficacy of the support teams. To allow them to work more cohesively and collaboratively. We are trying to drive the end users to initiate the contact via the Bomgar desktop "easy" button. We are also looking at integration with our IT service platform to allow direct connection through that portal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Information Technology Engineer
What do you like best?

The ability see the status of and quickly remote all devices that have the jump client loaded. Also love the ability to have any web attached device to active a remote session via our support web site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything that I really dislike about the application. The application, support, sales, rewards program are all top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used many different remote control products over the years and Bomgar Remote Support is by far the best application and company to deal with that I have experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bomgar Remote Support has drastically reduced the number of trips that is required to or remote location and provided our IT help desk with a tool that saves lots of time when assisting users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very user-friendly and provides a lot of information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cant think of many negative things to say about it. Id like to be able to prompt for elevated permissions after a host has been pinned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep up the good work, prioritize security innovations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to remotely manage servers and troubleshoot end users working remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how it is integrated in the tools that we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lack of control for screen size and no support for multiple monitors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to interact directly with a customer environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and high level of security for customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not the cheapest solution. Support is more difficult to access since company became Beyond Trust. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Business use only. Not an end user product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote services are an imperative for my customers I have grown my remote support business in to 33% of my revenue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
Higher Education
What do you like best?

Easily connect to remote systems to provide secure support. Can be deployed as physical appliance, virtual appliance, or as hosted virtual appliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we dislike about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product to provide remote assist. Very secure Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Provide remote support to end users and access unattended machines to perform maintenance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Microcomputer Technician
What do you like best?

I like that you can remote into a machine and interact with the user so that you can view what they are experiencing issues with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find it difficult when you need to elevate due to permissions, sometimes the session will disconnect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it on a trial basis, but it is an excellent piece of software for the commercial industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are better able to troubleshoot issues and are able to offer support to users when we can see the issue as they experience it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Remote Desktop Support
What do you like best?

Great remote tool to help users fix their issues on computers, you can send links via email, chat or provide a code over phone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You cannot create links for easy access only emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Is easy to use and you can send the links to other users to remote in without any issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like the tools available when I’m remotely accessing a computer. For example, you’re a few clicks away from a file transfer or administrative command prompt. It takes a lot of clicks out of what you’re trying to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really aren’t any negatives that I’ve experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good remote access software. Definitely try it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need secure, easy to use remote access software and this fits the bill. For example, in pursuit of security objectives, we are able to allow vendors secure remote access into our systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Through Beyond Trust we use the Remote Support feature. We enjoy the system but it is different than anything else we have used before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We sometimes to have issues elevating while using the remote support. It is taking some getting used to but we are getting there. It is different than any other program we have used that offers Remote Support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have not ran into any other issues. The benefits are that we are able to remote into cell phones. This feature is not offered through any other remote support program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I had a remote computer added in Bomgar that I had forgot about and had been there for at least 5 years. I suddenly needed to access it and it just worked. Unbelievable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The settings screen is way too complicated with way too many options. This should be streamlined and narrowed-down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can remotely access any computer under my management in seconds. I couldn't manage them without a tool like Bomgar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Admin
What do you like best?

This product is excellent. It is very easy to use. The learning curve is not steep to get started, but you can get very in depth with your setup. With this product you are able to create commands that will automate a lot of the tasks that you would run on computers for remediation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The integration would be the only downside for your company. The canned support for integrating with our CRM software just is not there, at least yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a rock solid remote software this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to maintain all of our customers remotely with this tool. This has increased our productivity tremendously. Where we were having to travel onsite to remediate issues we are able to assist with 80-90% of the issues remotely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desktop Support Specialist
What do you like best?

The best thing about Bomgar is to have the ability to share screens with the user while they are logged in. It creates a secure connection that allows you to chat with the user while troubleshooting issues. This makes things more efficient than having to go to the user's office for account/software related issues

Another great thing about this product is when you are troubleshooting software issues. There are many times when I needed to re-install or make changes to a configuration item in a packaged software that wasn't working correctly, and I had to have the user restart the device. Once the device restarts and the user logs back into their account, the session is restored. This is an absolutely amazing feature that makes it unique from other remoting clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The process to have the user go to the Bomgar website to select the Tech can be a little lengthy and cumbersome at times if the user is not familiar. It will sometime take awhile to tell the user what URL to type in to even get to the support site and then select which support technician they are communicating with. Sometimes they will get confused when the session downloads if they have not done it before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bomgar is very easy to use and easy for the users once they are familiar with the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our Service Desk and Desktop Support use Bomgar for account, software, and basic desktop questions so we can view the desktop without physically going to the device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Network Administrator
What do you like best?

I love pretty much everything about bomgar. It is super easy to use. It is intuitive. It is robust. It does all the things and more that you could about ever need from a remote support tool. I love being able to build scripts which then use software to run tools on the fly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we have had issues with is integration. There isnt much integration with Connectwise or any of its programs. If we had that this product would definitely be top notch for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For a robust, secure remote support tool, you cant beat Bomgar. I would recommend them to anyone who is considering this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to remotely manage all of our customers through Bomgar. We have the ability to have unattended access to the computers we are allowed to access anytime. We also have ability to direct customers to a support page where we can initiate a remote connection to assist them. We also have the ability to create and run scripts for know issues with devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Support Technician
Government Administration
What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use. It is an excellent tool for remote support, especially when attempting to support an application you are unfamiliar with as it allows you to interact with the user. We have used Bomgar for a year to replace teamviewer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software still seems very resource heavy so it has caused some issues with older machines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nothing to suggest, just use the software and chances are that you will love be it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bomgar allows us to provide better support as we can get a better handle on the issues our users encounter when using an application. We are also able to monitor what outside vendors do in case any issues arise while they are implementing their products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.