Piriform Recuva Reviews & Product Details

What is Piriform Recuva?

Recuva recovers files from your Windows computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player!

Piriform Recuva Profile Details

1-35 of 35 total Piriform Recuva reviews

Piriform Recuva Reviews

1-35 of 35 total Piriform Recuva reviews
Analista de sistema

"The best and most complete secure and useful software for file recovery."

What do you like best?

What I like about this popular and powerful tool are many things that I will name next: Recuva is one of the best when it comes to file recovery. It helps the user to diagnose the recovery task that must be performed. With Recuva you can scan not only a PC or Mac, but also external storage devices, USB drives and hard drives, MP3 players and other damaged or reformatted devices. Another positive point to keep in mind is that it supports large disks of up to 3 TB. which is an excellent option for large companies, offers the option of fast scanning as the deep scan that covers everything technological to search for recoverable files for all this and more is that I like recuva.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike are two things that you must be very careful about. If you are a beginner, you should bear in mind that the use of Recuva carries some risk due to its ability to overwrite files in the system. You can delete even the important files that you want to keep, so be sure to read very well before attempting recovery and, finally, there are also cases in which the files may be unrecoverable. This is because the files are a copy of another file in a different folder or location. Deep exploration can help with this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend this tool widely and with confidence due to the time of use I have, it is really fast, safe and effective for the recovery of any kind of data, both at a business level and on a personal level. I invite you to use it and draw your own conclusions. you will regret

The main problem that I solve with this useful tool is that I can recover data in any internal and external storage unit, which is a very common problem in the company where I work due to the high number of employees that it has. we can be a little calmer knowing that we have the ideal and efficient tool to recover any data accidentally deleted, a physical problem in the storage units; A corruption of the operating system or a malware infection.

Analista Programador

"the safe and easy-to-use effective data recovery program"

What do you like best?

what I like about this useful tool is mainly that I can recover any type of data deleted at the PC level digital camera flash memory files deleted from the computer. Files from formatted or damaged disks. Recover emails. among others it has an excellent portability that allows us to use it in different equipment without limitations of any kind

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Recuva is that it does not primarily offer several advanced features commonly available with other data recovery platforms. The biggest flaw in my way of thinking is that Recuva Pro can not recover lost partitions from the rest, there is nothing more to displease me about this useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

this tool is recommended for the efficient recovery of any type of files use it with confidence you will not really regret it

The main benefits I get with the use of this tool is that I can recover files that were believed lost both in my company and at a personal level.

Asistente Adjunto De Recursos Humanos

"The utility for the recovery of deleted files of all types of easy and safe use available to all."

What do you like best?

What I like about this software is that it is very easy to use, understand and manage. If you wish, you can recover the files in batches. It is totally portable. What allows us to give mobility, can recover safely and reliably any file that has been deleted. it occupies very little space on our hard drive, so this tool offers us the greatest capacity for data recovery safely and unambiguously.

What do you dislike?

I would like that the deep analysis and, in general, be faster, generally take more time than expected, there are also times when it can not be recovered and you can not find all the files that have been formatted. For the rest, I have not had any problems with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to quickly and efficiently restore any type of accidentally deleted files, such as: documents, images, videos, music, emails, etc., this is the software with the right functions for that purpose. Use it with the confidence that you will not regret it.

In our company I used it when a colleague or my person have the need to recover permanently deleted files from hard drives, USB memories, SD memory cards and digital cameras, which gives us the peace of mind of having a tool for the recovery of cash. whenever we need it.

Administrador De Sistemas
(10,001+ employees)

"Powerful tool to recover any type of files and deleted documents very easy to use."

What do you like best?

What I like about this powerful program is that it is very efficient for the recovery of any type of data in our PC files erased from Flash / USB memories, memory cards, MP3 players as one of the main advantages I see in this Program. In particular, it is its interface, since it can be connected to a USB port, any device to store what it is going to recover occupies very little space on our computer, the entire recovery process is fast and efficient and, finally, I can say that It has a great capacity. Compatibility with Windows computers (10 / 8.1 / 7).

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it can not restore some types of files and that it is not compatible with the most popular and new Android devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is one of the best options for data recovery, it is very simple and easy to use, it does the job effectively. Use it with confidence.

in the company we use it to recover the flash units that have been damaged thanks to its frequent use, keep it optimized and the peace of mind that if we erase in some file we can recover it in this way it will increase the productivity in our big company

Analista Programador

"Powerful tool for the recovery of deleted files, intuitive, dynamic and friendly interface."

What do you like best?

What I like about this tool is that it has the ability to restore files that we have permanently deleted from our computer. If we wish, we can recover images from any other means, such as the memory card of our cell phone or a digital camera. It is a very useful tool by default. It is very easy to use and is available in several languages. It is portable and can be loaded on any external device without any problem. You can do a light or completely exhaustive search.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it shows files that are not recoverable or damaged, there are also times when deep analysis takes more time than I would like or would also be very useful if we could know where recovered files are stored in a more easy and finally I think the price is a bit high when you buy it independently

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If in your work or company you need a tool to recover important or valuable documents at an affordable price, this is definitely the right software. Try to use it, you will not regret it.

We have recovered files from several network drives that were believed to have been completely lost. It is the reliable tool to partially or completely recover the data of unit failures in our company.

System Administrator / Operations Analyst
Oil & Energy

"Works like a boss!!!"

What do you like best?

simple setup and basic ui to process and recover files...they did a great job of making it easy to get going and run scans on drives and folders. and like i said, they made it simple. i appreciate this part of it. i like to be able to get in and start the process and find the items if they are recoverable as soon as possible.

What do you dislike?

not much...this does a lot on the simple side of things. the initial level does not offer as much ability to recover some specific files. like all other data recovery software, Recuva failed to find deleted files on a solid-state drive (SSD), where I deleted files and then emptied the recycle bin.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recuva is attractively priced and easy to use, though it can't dig in quite as deeply as higher-priced data recovery software. The nice thing about this software is the ease of use and simplicity. Some might want something fancier to look sleek and flashy, but this does the job for quick file recoveries. I think it will benefit you or your company even if it's not your only solution for file recovery. I would recommend to try it first and then decide if it is want you need to help with minor issues of loss.

recovering deleted images needed for review. we don't currently use for backup or storage, and i have yet to test it out for the newer feature of cloud implementation.

Profesor Agregado (Nivel 3)
Higher Education

"It allows to recover data or any type of file that has been permanently deleted or deleted."

What do you like best?

Several advantages: 1) very intuitive graphic interface, easy to understand and manage, 2) it is available in several languages, including Spanish, 3) you can recover the files one by one or in batches, 4) it has portability since it is it can load in external device, 5) it has an assisted mode and a manual one, 6) it can choose the depth of the scan and 7) it is free and it does not have publicity.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps as a disadvantage it can be mentioned that although it allows recovering lost data from a PC or from an external memory unit, it has the limitation that said data must have been deleted "recently" or else it is possible that new data are located where they previously lay the old ones and, therefore, can not be recovered in any way, in general, it is not the most complete of the programs of this type, but it does the job well for the average user.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is recommended "with closed eyes" its use, especially for its easy to use and excellent support that has the company Piriform, even at the web level.

The main benefit is that it allows us to recover data or files that we have deleted by mistake or that need to be used again, it is also from the creators of CCleaner and that is already an advantage of operation.

Lab Assistant
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Not always user-friendly but super simple free tool for recovering data"

What do you like best?

Recuva is relatively easy to use and is really quite powerful. If you know or can figure out what you're doing, it can save you a lot of data (and grief).

What do you dislike?

Although I'm not sure there's a way around it with a program like this, even the step-by-step walkthrough that (optionally) runs at startup can be a little difficult for those without much IT experience or knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep in mind the limitations of any program like this. Files can only be recovered if the cluster on the hard drive has not been overwritten yet. Also, if you take a little time to check out the documentation and learn the options, you can sometimes find previously unrecoverable files.

We have several shared drives that are accessed by others and have occasionally had issues with users corrupting or deleting files. This has often helped us to recover those files.

Enfermera titulada

"Never lose another file because a simple mistake"

What do you like best?

it's easy to use, the program itself guide you everytime you need to search for a delete file.

You can chose the type of file you need

You can chose the location of the search

you can do a light search or a deepscan wich show you almost every file you delete in your pc.

Once you find your files you can export them to another location (preferable).

you can order the files by name, type, size, etc

What do you dislike?

sometimes the program shows you too many files, wich makes the process a little tedious.

Depending on your PC and the type of search (light or deepscan) the process can take a really long time.

Not all files shown can be restore properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

the files that you can restore are the ones you accidently deleted or get deleted by any reason, any loss of files because a hardware problem can't be restore with this software, so be careful with that.

I'm restoring old data that got deteled by a virus, so i'm saving a lot of money to the company and a lot of time and work to me.

"Middle ground file system management"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Recuva is the ease of use and visual design. I love that I am able to sort through the data recovered and can ask Recuva to dig deeper if I don't get the results I was looking for in the quick recover command.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Recuva is that, some times, usable recovery results can take an extremely long time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I fully recommend using Recuva if you have files that were recently deleted, especially if working from a thumbdrive or external hard drive.

The business benefits are that I am able to quickly perform recovery tasks for free. This has helped when trying to recover lost client files that were stored on a thumb drive. I have tried numerous free and paid recovery software and I keep reverting to Recuva because I am able to retrieve data and able to sort through what I want to find by media type. For example, I can search for video only or zip files or images individually. No other free software I have tried gives me the results I want.

Developer
(Myself Only)

"Recovery made easy and fast."

What do you like best?

It is easy to recover some time the files are deleted and we had no clue how to recover the files these is the best way to recover files, photos etc. It has no very high technical option any non technical person can also recover the deleted files. It can recover data deleted from mobile phone also just connect the mobile to computer system and analyse with easy options. It is very help full for recovery. It can laso recover files from USB pen drives.

What do you dislike?

Some time the recover not work. It only recover half data files which not work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It the file can not be recover do not show the half recover file.

It helps to recover the deleted files and document of important official work.

R&D Assistant

"Piriform Recuva"

What do you like best?

Most of the times I work with on so many reports and therefore will periodically remove the files that I no longer require from my computer. While deleting files helps to solve the slow down problem on my work computer, sometimes the unthinkable will happen. Your line manager will come running on your desk and they urgently need the file you already got rid of. You will be under extreme pressure to produce the files if you do not have a tool that can help you recover the needed files. Luckily, whenever I find myself in such a precarious state, I simply run Piriform Recuva on my computer and select the folder I want checked for deleted files and then my problem will be solved. Piriform Recuva has a success rate of over 95 per cent in recovering my deleted files which to me is very impressive.

What do you dislike?

It is a very good tool but it takes a long time for it to scan your desk and help you recover deleted files. The vendors of the software can benefit greatly if they make some developments towards that end to make it more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sometimes you delete files thinking that you will never need them but them the unexpected happens and your manager comes knocking. You will be hard pressed to explain how you deleted important company documents. All company documents are important by the way. I promise you this will happen to you sooner or later but you do not have to worry when it happens. Simply get Piriform Recuva and install it on your computer. It will save you a great deal on a rainy day.

Recovering deleted files that are urgently needed.

Cost-effective.

Deleting files in a safer way

Data back up

Marketing analyst

"Program for data recovery with an efficient and pleasant interface available to all."

What do you like best?

What I like about this excellent data recovery program is that it allows us to restore files that have been permanently deleted for any reason and that have been marked by the operating system, since a free space has a portable version for greater convenience and mobility. Great ease of use thanks to its easy-to-use interface that can manage the program and gives you more advanced options if you need them. This tool gives us extensive capabilities for a really effective and careful data recovery.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Recuva is that it does not offer several advanced features commonly available in other data recovery platforms, it can not recover lost partitions, it must not show files that are not recoverable and not all of the displayed files can be restored properly. I also think that the price is a bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a software for the recovery of data of easy use and simplicity that benefits in a positive way and enormously for your company, this is undoubtedly the right tool for this purpose.

We work in a small graphic design company with this tool. We benefit by greatly recovering deleted images or designs that may be necessary for an additional review if, for any reason or circumstance, any employee deletes or damages a file. This tool helps us to recover those files easily. tranquility for all

Senior Test Technician
(10,001+ employees)

"Recuva recovers files on damaged disks"

What do you like best?

Recuva recovers files from damaged or newly formatted disks and has a deep exploration tool. The software has a simple interface, automatic updates and online support. I also find it very useful to have a portable version.

What do you dislike?

I think the software configuration wizard is confusing to use for the first time, but afterwards it will no longer be a complication.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software provides fast and deep scans, can run files from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards and can safely overwrite the files. I recommend the professional version.

We perform fast and deep scans with Recuva in the search for recoverable files on computers used by former employees of the company.

Encargada

"Recupera gran parte de tus elementos eliminados!"

What do you like best?

Me parece una excelente herramienta para recuperar todo tipo de información borrada por equivocación o desde hace un tiempo atrás. Realiza un escaneo de todo el disco y descubre que tipo de datos puede recuperar y cuales no. Una posible solución para restaurar archivos. Es gratuito y tiene si no me equivoco una versión extendida que es paga posee mejores beneficios. La recomiendo creo que es una de las mas completas que he podido usar a comparación de otras que no restauran nada o los archivos son ilegibles para el usuario.

What do you dislike?

No debería mostrar los archivos no recuperables o dañados.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Permitir la integración con la aplicación ccleaner creo que ambas pueden trabajar como una sola aplicación.

Restaurar un documento importante para la empresa borrado por equivocación o de forma intencional. Una herramienta que te saca de apuros y te da la tranquilidad de que es posible recuperar archivos eliminados desde hace un tiempo atras.

"Helped me recover some files and documents"

What do you like best?

This program was a lifesaver! I realized that I had deleted an important excel file and it was also removed from my trash bin. I used this program and was able to recover it. This is a great free program that was created by a trusted company. I also thought it was nice to have little explanations for each option.

What do you dislike?

It did take me a while to scan my computer however, that was probably because of the many files I have on my computer and I also selected " deep scan".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would definitely recommend. It is easy to download and does not ask any personal information. It is also free and you are able to upgrade if you want to use more advanced features. Great for basic image, music and document recovery.

Recover photos from a corrupted SD card and also able to recover important quote files.

Office Manager

"A quick and easy way to recover accidentally deleted files"

What do you like best?

Recuva is very easy to navigate and use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the deep scan takes a bit longer than I'd like. It definitely helps to know where files were originally kept.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Free version is great for personal use, but please consider supporting Piriform by purchasing the 4 in 1 bundle. It's only $40 and keeps the software available for everyone.

The only problem solved is really just accidentally deleted files. We have saved time and money using Recuva ourselves vs a professional data recovery service.

PHOTOGRAPHER
(Myself Only)

"BEST what u can get FREE"

What do you like best?

small size

simple interface

great features even in the free version

easy to use

What do you dislike?

Not as powerful as for-purchase alternatives

some things are still unrecoverable

Recommendations to others considering the product:

recommended for people with low budget and who need big results

this software helped me recover my lost photos that were deleted my mistake

it also helped me recover my important documents

"Simple, Affordable, and almost reliable"

What do you like best?

Simple interface and there is a free version. The professional version is only $20 I believe. The program does is quick when it scans, even the deep scan is quick (usually a minute or so). The wizard is very simple to use and takes you through a step by step process.

What do you dislike?

It is not fully reliable. you may not be able to recover every file, even with the deep scan. Definitely do not expect to recover anything from a solid state drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would keep this software as a first line of recovery as it is quick and simple, but do not be completely reliant on it. Have backups in place and an alternative software to go to. Use the free version but have a better payed version of something else.

Quick recovery for files that are accidentally deleted. Not spending any money, but getting enough performance to get the job done.

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education

"Best free data recovery software we've come across so far."

What do you like best?

Like Piriform's other software CCleaner and Defraggler, Recuva is relatively easy to use for even non-experts but has vast capabilities for more careful data recovery. Love all the options, and that it works consistently.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike. It doesn't always work, but that's a result of how data reading and writing works, not a shortcoming of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Taking the time to understand how data reading/writing works will help you use this product more effectively and understand it's limitations.

We maintain several fileservers with data collected via research and several times, a user has inadvertently corrupted or deleted data, so we've used this software to recover it.

Senior Project Manager

"Great"

What do you like best?

Low price. Free version available. Beautifully clear interface design. Preview screen.

What do you dislike?

Not as powerful as for-purchase alternatives; reports files as "unrecoverable" that are still on the hard disk in the same location.

I had some of my pics deleted by mistake and this great software helped me recover them and saved the day as those pics were very valuable

"Works to recover some things, not others"

What do you like best?

It has an easy-to-use interface which allows most users to recover some files.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do well with damaged partitions. You will most likely use it for files deleted on accident, not for full-scale recovery

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may find that this program will work for most of your issues. If you need something to help further, look at TestDisk & PhotoRec from cgsecurity.org.

Some of my customers need simple data recovery which this free program does well. I have used it for several years and find it useful mainly because of its interface.

Owner

"Recovering your crucial data for free"

What do you like best?

I like the overall platform and the simplicity of the software.

What do you dislike?

With any software, there are limitations since it is a free software with the option to purchase the pro version. I do not like the additonal items they attempt to install when installing the software to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your business is impacted by data loss or document loss, Recuva is the ultimate tool to handle this.

We have saved almost around 100 hours of work due to document loss. Recuva provides a great solution for those on a budget.

Engineering Services Coordinator
Consumer Goods

"Piriform Recuva"

What do you like best?

The ability to recover files that were deleted and having peace of mind that files can be recovered.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the automatic updates. I would prefer to update the software manually.

Recovering files from a network drive that were thought to be gone forever.

Inbound Sales
Human Resources
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Super useful software. Must have"

What do you like best?

The ability to recover previously deleted files

What do you dislike?

I like everything about it thus far. Must have!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From the dependable developers of ccleaner..you will quickly see why u need this in your professional and personal life

Being able to recover deleted files is vital these days

Technical Consultant

"Easy to use, convenient"

What do you like best?

Piriform's software is intuitive and easy to use. I find it convenient even for a novice user.

What do you dislike?

In my experience EXT2 and 3 file systems were inaccessible by piriform but as I understand, this flaw has been ammended.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with all IT solutions, Google can be our greatest asset.

I've found piriform useful for recovering flash drives that have been damaged or otherwise corrupted, this has been a massive benefit in saving important files.

"Straightforward, powerful file recovery"

What do you like best?

When doing freelance IT work for small businesses, one of the most common requests it to "find" files that were accidentally deleted or that were "lost" during a crash. While Recuva can't restore everything, it's an incredibly simple recovery tool that more of than not is able to recover files that the client was sure were gone forever.

What do you dislike?

Standalone base cost is a little high but can be found as part of a bundle through Piriform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're curious, make sure to try the free trial.

An essential tool in the freelance IT toolbox. Lets you find files that clients thought were lost

(Myself Only)

"File recovery done right"

What do you like best?

I like to recover with recuva, it helps to avoid any common misteps in data recovery.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike, only issues are when it's a layer 0 issue with the drive being recovered

Recovery of clients files on mission critical systems not properly backed up or outside the scope of work I provide normally

"Probably best free option there is."

What do you like best?

Recuva is a nice free option. It works for the most common file types you would need to recover.

What do you dislike?

Recuva could be a bit more powerful. It is intended for ease of use but it would be nice if it worked for a power user as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth trying because it is free. This is a great place to start. It should work for your most basic needs.

I have used this on occasion in IT when people have deleted data they did not intend to delete.

CEO & Executive Producer

"Stinks"

What do you like best?

I would use the software if it was the last thing on planet Terra

What do you dislike?

Everything it gave me a virus and now I have to reset my phone and lose all databases!

Noting the software is awasteof time. It should have cleaned or cleared my upmost files.

"Recuva is solid software to recover data after a hard drive fail"

What do you like best?

It has a simplistic interface that can be used to recover partial or all data from a corrupted hdd

What do you dislike?

my main complaint was that it took a very long time to complete the recovery, but this is a nil complaint since this a necessary part of all data recovery.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a simple and effective tool to get the job done.

It is reliable at recovering partial or full data from drive failures.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Un gran programa para mantener el pc limpio"

What do you like best?

Para mí la facilidad con la que se puede gestionar el programa, así como te da opciones más avanzadas por su lo deseas.

Ideal para limpiar el pc a fondo.

What do you dislike?

Pues que algunas veces cuando le das a limpiar tarda demasiado

Cuando llevas mucho tiempo usando el pc, al final se hace más lento y gracias a este software se puede mejorar

"Infrequent User"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Would try again in the future.

What do you dislike?

Wasn't easy to find when I used it. Found by accident.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a

More personal use than business problem. The company I was with at the time didn't centralize purchases for anything. I'm always looking to try new technology for comparison purposes. I've used the android cleaning product, so gave this a try.