Ceridian Dayforce Reviews & Product Details

Ceridian Dayforce Overview

What is Ceridian Dayforce?

Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific Japan. Our brand promise –Makes Work Life Better™ –is the commitment we make to our employees, our customers, their employees, and to the communities we operate in around the world. Our modern technologies help our customers adapt, evolve, and win as we reimagine the future of work. Our award-winning Dayforce platform is a single solution for HCM that helps HR and business leaders make smart decisions that create quantifiable value for their companies. It simplifies the extremely complex HR and operational processes faced by companies and applies modern technology that create experiences employees love to use.

Ceridian Dayforce Details
Bulgarian, Czech, German, English, French, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Chinese (Simplified)

Ceridian Dayforce is a cloud-based single application for HCM.

Ceridian

Ceridian Dayforce Screenshots

Ceridian Dayforce Reviews

Showing 555 Ceridian Dayforce reviews
Location
Already have Ceridian Dayforce?
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Lou,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience.

Payroll Specialst
Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Monika,

We’re so happy that you are enjoying your experience and really appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Open Discussions in Ceridian Dayforce
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The support from our Implementation team, to our Account Management team, to the Product Support team, have consistently been phenomenal. The vast amount of support from webinars, conferences and other resources (i.e. Ceridian Education Center), is top notch and very valuable.

The product is also transforming, meeting our needs and introducing new functionality that we can incorporate into our organization to be more efficient and manage our employees better.

The product is also ever revolving; Ceridian continues to push to make improvements and updates year to year, and throughout the year, with dedicated teams that have leveraging technology as a key component. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to name something I dislike, it would have to be the complexity of the application. However, I understand that it has to be complex with a lot of what is happening in the background, and with experience and time, gradually understand how things are 'connected'. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a partner, and an innovatiive 'All in One' solution, consider Ceridian Dayforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll processing and auditing is simplified "100x". Having Recruiting and Onboarding on the same application improves efficiency with New Hires. Being a single application solution allows so many reporting possibilities to be derived from one complete data source; and generating reports is much easier than in prior solutions we've used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like the fact that WFM flows right into payroll, You are not entering things multiple times like with ADP and the system has so much to offer. The fact that is it really one system is a game changer. Ceridian also puts a big focus on training and customer support and engagement. Their yearly conference is a huge help and networking with other clients is so beneficial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about the system is reporting. It is so hard to get a nice report without having to use pivot tables and V-lookups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a true HRIS program so Dayforce has been a huge help to get us more up-to date. We realized how this software makes it easy to communicate with staff and they can contact HR and Payroll with it too. It has helped us reduce paper and waste and grow as a company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Having a system which services all our HR, payroll and performance management needs in one place. It means that we have one source of data, which helps us to manage our headcount and allows managers to view accurate data on their teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The LMS system is managed through a third party and we have experienced some challenges with the system, however, we can't fault the service we receive to manage the issues as they arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My advice would be to appoint a good internal project manager to work with the Ceridian project team and to plan time into your BAU schedule to ensure you have the resources to meet the project plan and schedule.

I would also ensure your data is accurate before you transfer it to the new system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having one source of data has been an issue for us for a long time and providing management information to our line managers was a lengthy manual process. Our managers are now able to access data through the dashboards, which is a great added benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Dayforce has become the focal point of our HR solutions by being the most adaptable that we have to our consistently evolving needs. We manufacture Consumer Packaged Goods and have around 20 plants in the US and Canada. Each plant and our headquarters have their own ways of working, some collectively bargained, and we've been able to build and accommodate all of the rules, policies and features we've needed to ensure our population has a great experience with the HR/Payroll software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional bugs in the semi-annual releases that quickly get resolved but can sometimes leave us scrambling if we choose to be part of the day 1 launches. We tend to stick to the second wave but we push sometimes to try to be part of the cutting edge for all of Ceridian's new product offerings. If our trade off for innovation is the risk of a bug or two, then it's worth it to bring an even better experience to our users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Dayforce can do pretty much anything you ask it to. It's an incredibly intuitive system that makes sense on the back end. The most important thing you can do when designing your system is understand precisely what all the rules you want to implement are and how they are supposed to interact with other rules. Our implementation team was great, but our internal requirements weren't clear so over the past 2 years we've had to go back and rebuild a lot of our policies after the teams started recognizing that what they asked for wasn't what they actually wanted. Luckily, it's easy enough to understand the system that our internal administrators were able to do the full policy rebuilds for particular plants who needed it without having to resort to additional Ceridian work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've got dozens of hyper-complex pay and punch polices that require behind-the-scenes calculations for everything from shift differential to double-time-on-7th-consecutive-day-even-with-personal-holiday based on some of the agreed to Union rules. A healthy knowledge of the back end of the system has allowed us to meet all of the rules we're trying to with minimal manual intervention by our payroll and hr teams out in the field. Our biggest win this year was launching a 15% COVID premium for our front line workers in less than 24 hours for around 20 pay policies that took into account all the OT and DT rules company-wide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Dayforce is very easy to use and get the hang of quickly. I like being able to see all of my staffs timesheets in one place. I like that I can see a red "x" where a specific punch is not completely valid for reasons such as missed clock-in or clock-out. It doesn't let me approve the time without first alerting me of the issue with whatever specific punch, which I appreciate. I can go in and make changes to times as needed. If an employee forgets to clock in, I can also go in and do it manually on my end (though I wish they would always just clock in! LOL) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I dislike. I haven't had any problems figuring out how to use it across multiple points. It would be nice to be able to see a specific employee's clock ins as a whole, instead of having to go week by week. There very well could be a way to do this but I haven't found it yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would absolutely recommend using Dayforce. I feel as though it is pretty easy to grasp, even for people who may not always grasp things easily and quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dayforce allows me to approve the timesheets of my staff quickly and easily. I can see exactly when they clock in and out, including any breaks. I can approve them all at once, too. It's easy to me to find what I am looking for. I can even see their past pay stubs to see if anything was missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Eisha,

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Our decision to implement Dayforce came as a result of the twilight of the previous Ceridian HPW product. The Ceridian team was wonderful to work with and provided knowledgeable guidance to keep us on track to meet the timeline. We have been live in Dayforce for almost five years. Having an application that encompasses time & attendance, payroll and HR is priceless. We were able to customize the application to fit our company policies and streamline work that was once done in multiple databases. Access to real time data is also a game changer. Updates to personnel records, timesheets and schedules can be accessed by users immediately without the need to print or post paper throughout the manufacturing facility.

Management is able to utilize analytics to make process improvements and strategic business decisions. Employees are able to not only see data but are able to update information via online forms, as well as view their timesheets. They play a key role in insuring they are compensated correctly in the now, rather than a week or more after the fact. Reduction in on-site or manual checks saves time and money. The reasons to transition to Dayforce go on and on. Ceridian also does an amazing job keeping the system up to date. System administrators are able to provide feedback and ideas to Ceridian that can be reviewed and/or implemented in future updates. What's not to like?! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really is no downside that would make me discourage anyone from implementing Dayforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a customizable solution to your human capital management issues, Dayforce is a wonderful option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a company, we save time and resources that used to be spent doing other menial tasks like transferring information from one database to another. Payroll reporting is streamlined with time & attendance being easily calculated to the payroll feature in the same application. Time away from work is more easily tracked and visible to managers and administrators in real time. Processes that were once managed on paper or in binders are online and viewable by all stakeholders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Danna,

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

We just went live with Dayforce 2 months ago and our implementation experience was so wonderful. Having done implementations with other vendors, I can say that this was the best implementation I have been part of so far. The project was organized so well and the learning resources were incredibly useful. Our data migration specialist was particularly good and was key to our ultimately successful move to the platform. I also like the reporting feature so far and how robust it is. I feel I will be able to utilize this for a lot of things going forward to help us complete our required reporting more efficiently and to make better decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting for BC EHT at the employee level is not currently possible. It would be nice to have this feature, as the process is currently more difficult than with our previous vendor. I also don't like that there is less flexibility when editing a record of employment (ROE). When amending an ROE it means I need to open up a prior pay period and do an off-cycle run just for one amended ROE, which is more complicated than I would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a global payroll (currently 3 countries) all on one platform has made things a lot easier. Having our HR records in the same place as payroll was a big problem that has been solved by this platform as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Allyssa,

Thanks so much for sharing your review. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Thanks Again,

Payroll Administrator
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like that Ceridian is updating their products and trying to stay comparable with other systems and programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there seem to be multiple areas that some changes need to be made in (for example, we pay quarterly bonuses and want to hid the pay stub info until pay day. Do do this, I need to go to 3 different areas each time we pay the bonus just to hid the info. I even had to remove access on the employees access). I had previously used a different provider and I had a direct contact for help and questions. I really liked that I knew my contact and they knew me and my company. I don't like that I speak to a different person every time I have a question or concern. I don't like that most things are done through email. I find that my question is often not really understood, and the answer I get isn't even close to the question. I don't like that when I call someone for assistance, 80% of the time they don't have a solution. I know we are moving into a more digital world, but I believe when it comes down to computer systems and programing and people's pay...it's calming and helpful to talk to someone. I understand that your employees are all over the world, but I think sometimes, the writing word is misunderstood as one party maybe isn't using a word correctly and then things get misinterpreted.

Overall, I find the system responds very slowly and takes a long time to update changes. I find the system relies a lot on the user having a little more advanced computer skills than the average person. I think the system could be more user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had to switch to a touchless system due to COVID-19. Ceridian helped us change our clocks over to a touchless system. We have remained open though the pandemic and have had to make a lot of changes to ensure the safety of our employees. I have been able to make several changes to help ensure that the payroll runs smoother. Setting up arrears and decling balance deductions has helped us keep track of employee deductions better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for sharing your Dayforce experience. I’m sorry to hear about some of these concerns. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to email me directly (victoria.caruk@ceridian.com) so that we can look into this further for you and provide you the support you need.

Victoria

What do you like best?

The system has several modules like recruitment, performance management, payroll, benefits and more that are helpful in managing end to end HR operations. There are also cool features like document management, ability to setup workflows, create forms which have helped us in reducing the need for paper.

There is ability to create custom fields and custom forms and introduce levels in approval process. Many new features are being introduced like on demand pay, benefit intelligence and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is smart and pretty intuitive at times. But one does need to attend trainings and learn from peers what the best practices are. The customer support team is very helpful and prompt is troubleshooting.

The Dayforce customer group is very small. There is a user community group which is very active and meets regularly to share updates.

Most features are available but there is a need to customize reports or build file feeds with vendors. These are very expensive projects and cannot be done inhouse. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Speak with as many customers as possible. Ceridian also invites potential customers to their annual customer meet which is a good opportunity to network with other customers, meet product specialists and attend product trainings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to streamline the benefits management and payroll processes. It has also helped us in conducting audits to maintain compliance. It has improved our communication with employees. Managing a paper based enrollment process for 2000 employees was a nightmare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Shreshthi,

Thanks so much for sharing your Dayforce experience. We really value your feedback and wish you continued success!

Director of People Support
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Dayforce is very user friendly and intuitive to your needs. The information is logically sorted and stored and does not require much training to utilize its basic functions. It has many features to customize your experience and allows many different access levels. It creates an opportunity to streamline HR functions in a one stop shop. Customer service has been prompt and professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the website will run slowly. There is a lot of features so learning the complete picture does take awhile. Sometimes it feels like "I don't know what I don't know." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is definingly a good choice for your HR needs. They are easy to work with and are compatible with many add on companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Currently my company is in the middle of a org restructure. We are hoping to streamline the reporting and ease of data recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi April,

Director of Human Resources
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The capabilities are endless with Dayforce. There are so many features that reduce the amount of user error and safeguard company policies. The network of users to bounce ideas off with are endless. Ceridian Support is also very helpful and always respond in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You need to be a tech nerd to be able to work a lot of the back end interfaces in order to make things "go." Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've recently used Data Mapping to Define Properties based off of the submission of another property. For example, we select that an employee is Full-Time, therefore it automatically assigns average weekly and average daily hours without the HR Administrator having to do anything! You can build as many rules as you like! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Dayforce is very customizable. Most of the configuration can be done by you. Things like off-cycle pay runs, new pay codes, updating GL numbers, etc., are all done by you, (or your HRIS person!) and are mostly quick and easy. Calculations are in real time, so employees can see their pay in Timesheets and you don't have to wait more than a couple minutes to calculate a payroll at any time - even future payrolls. Almost all changes are date driven, so you can enter new hires before they actually start, etc. You can have multiple FEINs in one pay group - including multiple funding accounts. Retro pay is automatically calculated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of the configuration can be done by you - this is good and bad because you need to devote a good bit of time to learning all the ins and outs of the system, and it is indeed, time consuming. Also, if you need anything configured that was not covered in implementation, it will cost you, and it will take a good bit of time - such as benefit feeds or customized reports, or any re-configuring of your org.

As with every system I've used in the past 20+ years, leave accruals, (PTO, Sick, VAC, etc.), are confusing and complicated. Also, creating a custom report can be tricky.

Training costs are too high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Integrated systems have saved us a lot of time. Especially the Timekeeping system.

Employee Self-Service has been a big time, and paper, saver! (Looking forward to implementing Manager Self-Service!)

So many of the Payroll functions have saved time in processing - from automatic retro pay calcs, to quick pays for terms, to payroll card integration, to all the previews for auditing, to payouts and off-cycle payroll set-ups, the payroll system is a gem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Vice President of Human Resources
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The support team has been nothing short of amazing. We recently transitioned staffing in HR and IT. The support team helped us make a seamless transition. Dayforce is intuitive and easy to use if your team collaborates to establish the initial set up. We had some challenges and worked through revamping our entitlements rules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our initial set up of entitlement rules did not set us up for success. The recovery has been great. As a customer, we needed more guidance to avoid some pit falls that we are working through successfully. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We resolved scheduling and entitlements issues that we had throughout the organization. Dayforce streamlined our processes. An added bonus is communication through Dayforce. We are able to share information and updates with every employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi Vida,

UR
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Dayforce is always improving. It's not a stagnant status quo. I love the WFM and Payroll Modules. Time flows seamlessly from WFM to Payroll, and we can pay all of our legal entities in one pay group. The paperless manager and employee self service is great. We use Dayforce Messaging to communicate with our employees. We utilize Web Services to build out integration with other systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system can sometimes run slow. There are always challenges with every system, but we can usually find a work around in Dayforce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask for recommendations from users in the same line of business, at a comparable size. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dayforce Touch Clocks are easy to use and populate Dayforce Timesheets. We have pay policies that run calculation rules, which really helps with state compliance issues. Employees view their payroll preview in real time on the Dayforce App. We have a 100% paperless payroll process with Dayforce. Also, the ability to pay a number of legal entities in one pay group has saved us a lot of work. The GL is highly configurable and allows us to deal with one off exceptions. Managers submit Dayforce forms to initiate employee changes, such a pay changes, promotions, demotions, transfers and terminations. We utilize Dayforce Performance, Compensation, and Benefits management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi There,

AN
What do you like best?

Dayforce consists of various HR modules like recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compensation, payroll, timesheets and more. One HR system can be used for all HR operations reducing the need for additional softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A lot of modules are new and the company is upgrading it with newer features and seeking feedback from other people.

The system is very advanced, which is good, but there is a learning curve while using certain payroll or timesheet or WFM processes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Review training and videos offered by Ceridian. IT skills like SQL, XML will be helpful while hiring people to use Dayforce. Join the basecamp and xoxo user community to network with other users. It helps in learning best practices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reducing paper. Reduced dependency on spreadsheets. Organization has better hygiene factors due to time clocks. It is easy to audit large amounts of data.

We have reduced reliance on other systems for storage of data, or letter management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi There,

AL
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It's easy to commit the pay. Changes can be made in real time. It can be configured to how your organization handles payroll. It's nice that there are several ways to audit the payroll. You can run reports or look at individual pay statements within the pay period. You can enter payroll information for future pay periods. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports are not user friendly. Reporting needs a lot more improvement. It appears that in the updated version, your not able to look up an employee by social security number. When there are employees with the same name, being able to look them up by social security number is helpful to distinguish between who is whom. The system does seem to lock up which can be an inconvenience because you have to keep closing out the application and log back on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

During implementation, be very knowledgeable regarding how you want your system to be for your organization. Implementation is a very time consuming task. Be sure to have as much help as possible as it's like completing 2 full time jobs doing system implementation, as well as processing payroll and or other job related task. Commit the payroll team to be life long learners, as Dayforce does not stay complacent and is updated often. How the application looks today may be a little different a few months later. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting more employees in utilizing self service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Victoria Caruk of Ceridian Dayforce

Hi There,