Vectorworks Designer Reviews & Product Details

What is Vectorworks Designer?

For projects that encompass elements of architecture, landscape and entertainment design, Vectorworks Designer software is the ultimate solution. Packing the power of the entire suite of Vectorworks’ products including Architect, Landmark and Spotlight into one robust program, Designer offers digital terrains, plants, lighting, rigging, BIM modeling and rendering tools to help users draft, model and present in a single interface. Additionally, high-quality renderings can be created directly inside files with default textures within thousands of Vectorworks content library objects and our easy-to-use Renderworks features. www.vectorworks.net/designer

Vectorworks Designer Screenshots

Vectorworks Designer Profile Details

Vectorworks Designer Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Vectorworks, Inc.
Description
Vectorworks, Inc. is a global design and BIM software developer serving over 650,000 professionals in the architecture, landscape and entertainment industries. Since 1985, we’ve been committed to helping designers capture inspiration, nurture innovation, communicate effectively and bring their visions to life. With our cross-platform software, designers can build data-rich, visual models without sacrificing the design process, while collaborating efficiently throughout the project life-cycle. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Vectorworks is a part of the Nemetschek Group. Learn how we empower designers to create experiences that transform the world at vectorworks.net.
1985

Vectorworks Designer Reviews

1-50 of 71 total Vectorworks Designer reviews
Senior Project Architect
Architecture & Planning

"Best All-around CAD/3 software "

What do you like best?

Great integration of 2 d and 3d. Wide variety of extremely useful Plug-In objects that make drawing and modeling quick, easy and versatile for design studies.

What do you dislike?

The more recent version of their Resouce Browser is quite slow when trying to access items. I did not have this problem in v 2014 but it is very apparent in v2018.

One program can han handle many aspects of pulling together presentations. No need for a separate modeling and rendering program. Use various fills, patterns, gradients and my new fave “drop shadows” make for great graphics without having to bring drawings into Photoshop. Easy importing of graphics, photos, etc. combined with veiwporting gives InDesign like features for producing booklets and other types of presentations. Easy to use worksheets for generating schedules and managing data without having to go into Excel. While these type of features are not as robust and sophisticated as these other specialized programs, the convenience of being able to execute such a myriad of tasks in one software is really terrific.

Adjunct Professor-Architecture

"USER FOR OVER 10 YRS."

What do you like best?

The capacity to integrate design features between architecture, landscape architecture. mechanical engineering and urban design, not to forget the rendering capabilities of rendtrworks. The capacity to share big information with my consultants is also very important

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of things I dislike: when you upgrade from one version to the next, sometimes you loose information and programed preference or standards. That should not happen. The other thing is having to put so much time to input data to make the application possibilities a useful toll.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have recommended others to buy it. Most professionals in our area use Autocad or Revit. We are a minority here. that is the worst limitation as well as the difficulty in getting training at a reasonable price (traveling for training becomes an additional burden, and is not a continuous support)

I'm an Architect, landscape architect, and urban design. I use it for all my design projects in all the phases. I use the the rendering capabilities of renderworks for presentations, I they work fine. .

Architect

"Most flexible software!"

What do you like best?

Vectorworks Designer allows you to work in any way you prefer - there is no pre-defined workflow. It is extremely capable and can be as 2d or 3d as you like; it can be a BIM powerhouse, or a simple (yet sophisticated) drafting program. Great software and I did not even mention how robust its modeling capabilities are.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot! - but if I had to describe something it would be the overwhelming amount of options that it has (which makes it equally great).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the creatives: just try it.

Vectorworks allow me to be extremely creative while producing great looking and well detailed construction documents. Everything from initial design to rendering for presentation all the way through construction documents can be performed without ever leaving the Vectorworks environment.

Partner and Principle Designer
Design

"Landscape Design on Vectorworks"

What do you like best?

This is a very intuitive program to use. It has many easy-to-use tools that create clear, easy to read drawings. The viewport function enables you to look at elements in detail and gives great flexibility in creating various drawing formats.

What do you dislike?

I have always had trouble with the text tool malfunctioning, despite a new issue each year. You cannot edit a text style once set up, which is awful, so you have to create a whole new text style just to change alignment or letter style. Going from one scale to another (in viewports) creates problems with text scale. I have even had it ignore a default style set for a certain class and substitute an entirely different text style, and continues to do so even after making sure the default style is what you want. It writes over itself sometimes. The drawing label tools doesn't work sometimes in viewports, but will work if written over the viewport (instead of as an annotation). I waste a ton of time fussing with the text tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a class or hire a tutor (which I did) to make the most of this product. It has so much more than I ever use, but I know it's there and continue to develop my knowledge of the program.

This enables me to produce plans quickly as an individual designer working alone. I can quickly import other drawings, photos, etc. and make them a component of my drawing. I do minimal hand drawing now which helps hand problems I've developed from years of drawing by hand.

Sculpture/Ceramics Department Chairman
Higher Education

"VectorWorks is a great program with some room for improvement."

What do you like best?

The visibility of the drawing space. It is easy to see your work and changed between views and projections. Like the newer Cinema 4D-based rendering engine.

What do you dislike?

The layers and class feature is too complicated for basic work, an option for something closer to Illustrator layers would be preferred. The walkthrough/animation options to create movies of projects are too simplistic, having multiple and greater options for cameras would be preferred as well as camera-on-path tools would be great. Needs better polygon-level creation and editing tools for 3D work. So far, learning the new resource palette interface in VW 2017 is cumbersome. I am very used to the old resource palette format, learning a new one is time consuming. I wish the landscape generation tools could be updated, it is very hard to find on the Mac platform good tools for working with high-res DEM and related files to create realistic topography, this is one area VectorWorks could offer a more advanced capability to the Mac design world.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A program very useful for CAD and architecture.

Extremely versatile and important visualization tool for many different kinds of projects.

Principal Scenic and Lighting Designer
Entertainment

"Vectorworks n the perfect tool for the entertainment design team"

What do you like best?

That's hard to say, and impossible to isolate into a single feature. I like the ability to collaborate either using symbol/layer referencing or Project Sharing. I like the streamlined design workflow. As a set designer, I can 'sketch in Vectorworks, turn the sketches into rendering, finesse the details, improve the renderings and create working drawings for the shops. I like the ability to collaborate, modify the model and have the modifications flow throughout my documentation. I like being able to share the model with the lighting designer (when I'm not also the LD) and the sound designer.

I think it's critical that we all work together to ensure smooth and safe installation.

The addition of Vision and the integration with Lightwright helps all off the design team, and the entire production team, not just the LD.

What do you dislike?

Huh? Dislike?

Vectorworks assigns classes to parts of/types of spotlight lighting devices. I would generally want to assign my own class structure. With objects like doors and windows there are drop downs for class assignment. I would like a choice to assign one class to all (allowing exceptions for glazing), I would like to be able to impose my own classing on object types like renderworks cameras, drawing labels, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just get it. Vectorworks Designer is a great suite of tools for all kinds of designers.

I think the workflow in one application and the coordination with clients and colleagues is the greatest benefit.

President Elect
(10,001+ employees)

"Vectorworks Designer & Landmark"

What do you like best?

I am simultaneously designing in 2D and 3D. There is no exporting to other software and modifying things that I have already created. Additionally, the file inter-operability with other brands of CAD software and other file types, such as PDFs and JPGs, makes incorporating information from other sources very easy.

What do you dislike?

Some tools seem a little more complex than they should be, like reshaping 3D objects. Sometimes I wish the interface were more like SketchUP, in a WYSISWG kind of way. Other tools require much pre-planning and setup before they will work, which is sometimes contrary to the early creative process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the needs of your company and what kind of information and documentation you receive from clients and collaborators. Also consider what kind of output you need other than just 2D drawings. If you do rendering, BIM, cost analysis or site data reporting with other software, you might be able to do all of that in VW at the same time as your design.

Since VW is very powerful in associating information to objects, I am preparing reports at the same time as I am drafting. This helps cut down the time it takes to do project cost forecasts of my work. I am able to deliver a better product to my clients at a competitive price because of this.

архитектор
Architecture & Planning

"Vectorworks Designer is the best BIM application"

What do you like best?

Excellent architectural graphic of Vectorworks (all the tools at hand on your desktop).

Import-export with Revit, SCIA, Cinema4D, Rhinoceros (Rhino+Grasshopper).

Support OpenBIM standard (*.IFC)

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of tools like 3D-modeling program Moi3D (or similar math and scripts) easy to use.

It is necessary to make the display layers of profiles of walls in 3D-view of ClipBox tooll and sections!

Spotlight tools should be adapted for street lighting.

We need to make the interactive connection link Vectorworks to Lumion, twinmotion3D or LumenRT.

I advise you to make a Russian language version with the russian architectural graphic standards.

You must increase the number of scripts in the Marionette tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Vectorworks - BIM is a universal program for all sections of the architectural and design drawings and the 3-D modeling with enabled algorithmic design (Marionette)

(VW Designer inside all: Architect, Landmark, Spotlight. There is InteriorCAD modul)

Vectorworks has easy to learn and use BIM-system.

With Vectorworks we solve the problems of the restoration and renovation of old buildings (PointCloud tools), in landscape and urban planning (Landmark-Landscape) in the construction of buildings (Architect) and interior design (Designer + interiorCAD), to street and interior lighting (Spotlight).

Vectorworks helps of exchange of the drawing information with foreign business partners.

President
Design

"Best CAD for just about everything"

What do you like best?

Start with, it is fully cross Platform with no file translation needed between platforms. The software is virtually identical on both platforms. Next it is a completely capable 2d and 3d CAD platform with tons of capabilities. There are a number of specialized modules for Lighting Design, Landscaping, Architecture, Rendering, etc. It is very, very affordable compared with other Major CAD Software. There is a terrific user community with lots of helpful additional plugins and 3rd party add-ons. While I would not say any true CAD software is "easy" to learn, I believe Vectorworks is easier to learn than many and faster to use once one become familiar with it. We find it an outstanding and most compelling piece of software and vital to our business.

What do you dislike?

No software is perfect, there are some inconsistencies in various tools, the occasional bug, etc. The Developers seem very intent on fixing those things, as updates and patches come out regularly. There is a certain focus these days on the BIM approach, which for my business is not all that important, so there are times I simply avoid those parts of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a trial version, watch some of the tutorials online to grasp the basic concepts, and then start trying it out. There are many online tutorials for a lot of the modules.

This is one of our handful of core software applications and is a vital part of our day to day work. It is the main design tool we use for all drawings, and documentation of proposed and installed systems. We have been using in for many years, and cannot imagine working without it.

Design Consultant
Architecture & Planning

"Why Ive been using Vectorworks for 11 years "

What do you like best?

Vectorworks has kept the same interface year after year - improving each tool with the new versions. Other software seems to have fun changing the interface and icons so you have to re-learn software every time you upgrade instead of getting better at software. Also - I know the technicians by name and never have to be on hold for support. When I thought about switching to Autodesk product - just the wait time to talk to sales person turned me off. They have great incentives for student upgrades and reasonably priced subscriptions.

What do you dislike?

Cross over between platforms is never as smooth as I hope. Since they do not have monopoly in US- it can be a challenge to coordinate drawings (exporting/importing). For the small scale projects I'm working on, this is not such an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software for smaller scale projects

Being able to design and draft quickly is a huge asset to my business.

Full Professor
Higher Education

"The only choice for an Entertainment Lighting Desinger"

What do you like best?

Drafting programs can be intimidating, Vectorworks is easy to use and learn. I have been teaching the software for over 17 years. I can get students drafting in a matter of minutes.

For an Entertainment designer there is no better software, the tools in the Spotlight workspace are exactly what we need. It comes with thousands of symbols, textures, gobo textures that are just not available with any other program. Some programs try to taylor themselves to the lighting industry but they fail because they are not a full drafting program like Vectorworks.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the shortcuts are as intuitive as other programs. Though the cost is much cheaper than other drafting programs the per year cost is high for many small or middle scale designers.

As far as an educator it gets harder to get funding for software for our labs. I know the company is working with some schools to reduce the cost. Its hard to justify it to administrator when AutoCad is free for university computer labs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial but if you need a great drafting program for Entertainment Design this is the best choice.

It is a superior product for Entertainment lighting plots and paperwork management. The program allows me to be more detailed with drawings and quicker with each plot I do. This is the only program I know of that allows you to project real theatre gobos in a 3d environment. This is so helpful when trying to communicate with a director or producer.

CADD Draftsman
Entertainment

"Vectorworks Designer never stops improving itself "

What do you like best?

The designer package gives me countless symbols to access. As an Entertainment designer, my job varies from Lighting Designer to Event Layouts (Boardrooms to Festivals) to Scaffold Stage Construction Drawings. Using Vectorworks Designer allows both 2D & 3D presentation drawings to convey the information to both the Client & Technical Crews in one file. With new releases each year the content available just continues to grow including more tools and symbols that make my job easier. Can't ask for more!

What do you dislike?

Vectorworks Designer is a great software package, BUT, It can be a little quirky at times.

New updates sometimes mess up old tools that have always worked. Usually fixed in the next update. It can be a little crash happy at times too (more so on the PC vs MAC). The backup system they have usually saves enough data to not lose too much information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Architect and landscaping industries seem to have as many fantastic features as I use in the Entertainment Industry

Using Vectorworks Designer has allowed me to see potential issues with the events i design. From things are going to bump into each other to there isn't enough light on stage Designer provides the nescessary tools to discover the problems at my desk versus out in the field (where its cost a lot more money).

Professor of Architecture
Architecture & Planning

"The best Software for designers."

What do you like best?

The interphase let you do too many things, you can design almost everything in few steps. I like the interest of the developers to introduce new resources and tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel the program doesn't advance as the same way of the designers. They try to include too many things and don't resolve old problems. I think they have to improve the export cad files and sharing options

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to do more with less use Vectorworks Designer.

As architect and designer I can do any project and handle difficult structure and collaborate with different disciplines

(Myself Only)

"I've been using Vectorworks as a part of my daily workflow for twenty years. "

What do you like best?

The all in one integrated platform for 2d, 3d and rendering has significantly increased my productivity and reliance on other applications

What do you dislike?

The releases often feel a little rushed - I'd rather a new version every two years that was rock solid than working through all of the bugs which are almost always a part of their annual releases.

Speed and productivity have been greatly increased and it has made it easier to work with clients from afar without as much face to face time (which is still preferred but often too costly).

"Great software only for 2D drawings"

What do you like best?

Vector works is a great software for creating floor plan, elevation, section, annotation and creating different design schemes. This software helps to simply create schematic drawings and add color and texture to them and make them sketchy in the feasibility phase of the project. Also, vector works is a great software for creating very detailed construction drawing. This software is really similar to AutoCad and it is compatible with AutoCad as well.

What do you dislike?

Vector works is just great for 2d and it seems creating model in 3d is not as easy as sketch up. My manager at work tried hard to be a master with vector works and tried to learn all the 3d features, but it was really to difficult. In addition, the shortcuts for this software is not really easy . I know we can change all the shortcut but whenever you install the software you have to set up them again. I wish the short cut in vector works was as easy as Auto Cad.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an amazing 2d design software for drawing accurate design.

I'm working as a design drafter for a design build company and I help them with drafting of their construction and permit drawings.

Associate Special Effects Designer
(10,001+ employees)

"Great Scenic Design Tool"

What do you like best?

I love the speed that Vectorworks allows me to work at. I can within a few days quickly draft up a mockup and modify it quickly. This tool has allowed me to push my project ahead faster than I could have using other drafting programs. After using this program for a number of years also the speed I can quickly come up with a show set package has increase because of its hotkeys.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes getting a nice finish with drop shadows is a little difficult and getting a quick count of specific symbols is hard. Sometimes the text editing can be a bit step intensive between drawings of different scales but it is a simple inconvenience rather than a show stopper. The price tag, and lack of payment plan, makes it hard for me to upgrade year after year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this program to other scenic designers. Its ability to quickly create 2D drawings is very easy and its 3D capabilities are quickly becoming a staple in my work flow. Also its ability to effectively get you easily editable drawings takes a little bit to learn the work flow, but once established you can edit any part of your drawing quickly and efficiently saving time and money.

For my job I am in need of quickly and clearly illustrating scenic designs to a variety of shops. The ability to quickly draft, as well as add custom poche' and drop shadows helps my drawings be interpreted quickly and accurately.

UE

"I have been using Vectorworks faithfully for over 20 years. "

What do you like best?

The 2d drafting is impeccable. Easily the best drafting software that I've used in 25 years of CAD drafting. I work in the entertainment industry, and I've taught on the undergraduate and graduate levels in Theatrical Design. The 2d software is the easiest for young designers to understand, and the best way for visually-based artists to get their creative ideas into "real-world" scales.

Once the 2d elements are developed, Vectorworks makes it easy to extrapolate ideas into the 3d world. The integration between 2d Vectorworks and 3d Renderworks is practically seamless.

What do you dislike?

Nemetscheck owns Cinema 4d, yet the connection between VW and C4D has not improved in years. The steps which were attempted in VW2017 failed miserably. They really need to put forth a stronger effort towards the mutual exchange between VW and C4D or they will run the risk of being left behind. Programs like SketchUp are making strides at getting better in the area of software interaction.

They also need to continue to stabilize the software. Every year the subscription users are forced to start using a new release which is completely unstable. Personally I have usually had to wait 3-4 months from the release of new versions before I can start using it. This has caused a lot of anger and resentment from loyal users, and is often construed as being a sign that Nemetscheck cares more about selling a new product rather than selling a reliable product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel that this software is excellent for the Entertainment Industry.

I have no idea what this question means.

UR

"Have been using Vectorworks and it predecessors since 1992"

What do you like best?

The interface is fairly straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Vectorworks contains more bugs that it should. It will also get in a mode where it will not perform the command, but will after several tries.

There are some obvious functions it does not support, such as a cut command for 3D objects that preserves both parts.

3D features not as robust as the leaders AC, SW, ProE.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is good for the price. VW does not place the same value on Designers as it does on Architectural. I would call it a top runner for the second tier Mechanical Engineering CAD. You have to spend much more to get better.

Have designed parts and systems in solar engineering, microscopy, ophthalmology, and 3D printing.

"Vectorworks review "

What do you like best?

I like that the program is reliable, and fairly easy to use. I am a theatrical lighting designer so the data exchange with lightwrite saves eons of time on every production.

The program works in a way that allows even a novice user such as myself easy access to create drawings that do not look at if they have been crafted via a machine.

What do you dislike?

I very much dislike the fact that the program has not yet evolved into an affordable subscription model as of yet.

For a working freelance artist, 500+ $ annually on updates is a lot of money. We do not Comand the large annual salaries of an architect or others that utilize this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about the cost of committing to this product

I am currently designing several productions using vectorworks and it streamlines my workflow.

Fundador Director General
(Myself Only)

"Its my first professional design software I learned to use and still use it."

What do you like best?

I use Vector since college, its my personal favourite tool every time im going to build something or need to design exhibition stands, furniture and architecture stuff, for me is the best tool because it´s easy to use and you can draw blueprints as long as you are making a 3d model.

I really like that you can set up preferences, menus and commands just as the way you like it.

What do you dislike?

I would really like a better render and more freely 3d shapes though.

On the other hand y believe this program should give some compatibility with adobe files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

its very easy to use considering its a cad program, I would really recomend it.

It helps me to design blue prints and to show the design in 3D at the same time.

"User friendly design software"

What do you like best?

It's a simpler version of Autocad, and easy to learn from Youtube. Straight forward program. If you know how to use Autocad, Vectorworks is a piece of cake. It's like PC vs. Mac.

What do you dislike?

Not all firms and architects use this program, therefore it's not easy to format or export/import files in from Autocad.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easier to use than Autocad.

You can customize VW like Cad too.

No business problems. We draft, and it gets the work done. The files aren't as big as Autocad, so it's easy to run on Mac.

Interior Designer
Design

"Great All-round Design Software"

What do you like best?

It accomplishes all my needs: Construction Drawings and Rendering in one user friendly program

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get a more "organically artistic" look instead of photo realism (i.e.: pencil sketches)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As an interior designer who works independently, most of the software I purchase has to perform multiple functions, as I don't have the time or resources to learn and apply multiple forms of presentation to clients, so this fits the bill really well, and I have not had to learn different technologies to stay current with the industry.

A quick way to layout floor plans that contain valuable construction information such as wall depth and materials and the ability to turn into sections and elevations easily

Gaffer
Entertainment

"I have used Vectorworks and the Designer series for at least 30 years"

What do you like best?

The ability to turn a plan view into a 3d model very quickly. I like the ease of adding textures to surfaces. Support and videos are also excellent.

What do you dislike?

The lighting render is cumbersome. Open GL is limited to eight lights. For lighting instruments to focus they need focus points as opposed to regular lights where you can just pooint them

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent value and support.

VW offers me the ability to quickly illustrate design ideas and lighting concepts. My job would be severly hampered without this software.

Owner/Architect
(Myself Only)

"Practicing Architect for 32 years"

What do you like best?

I started with early versions of Mini CAD, it was very easy to learn, since then Vectorworks has developed into a very powerfull program that compares to the best.

What do you dislike?

Not sure if it is a dislike yet, but I have people telling me I should get Revit. I don't want to I hear that Vectorworks can work with Revit just haven't tested it out yet.

Getting more into the 3D, But need to make the full transition.

Artisan
Performing Arts

"Vectorworks for Theatrical design"

What do you like best?

Ability to create 2D and 3D renderings with full lighting capabilities for theatrical design renderings. Able to import google sketch-up objects. overall the way VW thinks about drawing lines and laysout the page is easier to understand than the way AutoCadd works

Easy software for learning drafting in both 2D and 3D.

What do you dislike?

Importing any student files(free user) or portions of files instantly watermark any of my professional files, exporting to DFX files end up with far more vector points and are difficult to use with CNC machinin.

Can be quite pricy of a program if its not a primary program you need but more of a secondary.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out a free version first and really do a price comparison if its best for you cost wise.

Consider what your industry standards are for programs to be compatible

I draft for theatrical productions, groundplans, unit elevations, and renderings utilizing the full span of the VW design software.

I also do some designing for CNC plasma table metal work

"Beginner User"

What do you like best?

This is a pretty intuitive program. The first time I used Vectorworks, I had never heard of it before, but I had previous experience in Revit and Sketch up and was able to easily apply that knowledge to Vectorworks.

What do you dislike?

Coming from a Revit / Sketch up background the editing capabilities seemed somewhat reduced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's always helpful to search some tutorials when using a software for the first time.

We used Vectorworks to create basic floor plans, elevations, and sometimes renderings.

UD

"Vectorworks Designer"

What do you like best?

Working in both 2D and 3D at the same time

What do you dislike?

Changes in menu items locations change more often than I would like

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the most complete and versatile product I have ever found. I work in both the Theatre and the Landscape design world and it meets my needs well for both. While I may be unique in using it in more than one of its fields the advantage of having the basics without having to learn an entire new software for each filed is great.

Seamless products. When you make a change it is it reflected throughout the document whether that be in the drawing or the paperwork.

Senior Project Manager

"Very user friendly "

What do you like best?

3D modeling is intuitive! The new live sections tool is great

What do you dislike?

No locking tool palettes , and crashes are inevitable, but getting better

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a must, VW Designer is the only way to go

Comprehensive project modeling that allows easy transition to CDs

UE

"Vectorworks has given me a wet to show customers my designs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, and the amount of detail in the finished product. My customers are amazed how their ideas can be transferred to a animated design

What do you dislike?

This is an absurd question. When someone like a product why then are you forcing that person to fine things wrong with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need more concentration for events and lighting. Need HUGE events library with theme decor props, flower centerpieces, decorations, etc.

To show customers EXACTLY what will work for their event.

Project Manager
Construction

"I Like the Comprehensive capability"

What do you like best?

That I can draw one model and then show all elevations, sections, etc to my clients without having to re-draw. I can also get material take offs from the drawings

What do you dislike?

The purchase cost is a little too much for me to upgrade. I don't like having to subscribe annually. When Vectorworks first came out, when you bought it, you owned it. No annual fees to keep using it

I can easily know how the material quantities change when the design changes

Principal/Owner