Particle

Particle offers a suite of hardware and software tools to help you prototype, scale, and manage your Internet of Things products.

Work for Particle?

Learning about Particle?

Particle Reviews

Ask Particle a Question
Showing 220 Particle reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Particle
Particle review by Rahul k.
Rahul k.

"Really very helpful software to build our own software so as to make things easy on internet"

What do you like best?

I can build my own software of internet of things (IOT) so as to make things better on internet !

Moreover they have huge offers and the best part is that their customer service is the best among the software I have seen so far

What do you dislike?

Possibility of hacking of the information we have uploaded, it is very common that hacking may take place on internet so it is bit insecure kind of thing..

Other than this, I don't have any issue with this application so far

I could do publicity of my business through this product which is really awesome. I loved this product from particle which also allows us to understand IOT and this software is taking IOT to different level. I could possibly make my business site visible to do many out there throughout the world and different servers

What IoT Management solution do you use?

Particle review by Lenarda K.
Lenarda K.

"Particle Photon makes development a breeze."

What do you like best?

The webhook functionality is very useful for integrating Particle devices with the rest of the web, and I particularly find their internal message subscription service useful and impossibly fast at sending messages between your Particle devices.

What do you dislike?

The product setup suggests using iOS/Andriod for setup but Wi-Fi setup process doesn't support Safari!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are still starting use but I have no complaints at this time.

Developing on the Particle Photon is so easy it is practically cheating. You can use arduino code, but you don't actually have to plug it into anything but power to push code to the device. Oh, and it doesn't even need to be in the same room as you. Or on the same continent. Code updates, rebootings, everything can be managed from a web-based IDE. Or, if you want, you also have the flexibility to push code via a USB interface. Later down the line once you've made a couple of the same device, they have "Product" groupings available to push code in groups, easing management.

Particle review by Kathryn H.
Kathryn H.

"Great tool for all your IoT projects"

What do you like best?

Love the integration with their online store, which has everything you could ever need to make your own IoT product or prototype. Very reasonable pricing as well as bundle offers. It's also an easy solution for something as simple as adding wifi to a product. If you run into a snag their blog has a lot of useful information and answers.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike! I love that someone thought of this platform. There's really nothing else like it and having everything in one places is useful to think through the entire process when you're working on a project. They seem to continually be improving and adding capabilities. I can't complain. It really is a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to kick the tires with this software. I found it was useful to look around and see what could be done before I started. The blog is a great resource as well and it actually gave me an idea I hadn't thought of prior. They also seem open to feedback, so if you have a request or idea I'd recommend you send it to their team.

At the moment I'm exploring using particle for different prototypes. The biggest benefit is having the device store readily available so that you can order a component easily when working on a product. The ability to test and deploy from within Particle are especially helpful benefits.

Particle review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"P review"

What do you like best?

i love that particle is a world wide software that seems like everyone uses. I like that they work over wifi and your phone even if you have 2g internet speed- reliability like that is super rare and i appreciate when companies go the extra mile to ensure that just about ANYONE can get their service

What do you dislike?

i wish that it was free but other than that my experience has so far been a pretty good one

Recommendations to others considering the product

get it, i havent lost coverage yet and it has been great thus far even though weve had it for only a few months

we have a phone strictly for particle at work so when the wifi goes in and out (we work in a basement and sometimes it gets spotty) we know we're backed up because particle works from our handheld

Particle review by Preston P.
Preston P.

"works great"

What do you like best?

When I took our product that produces water and added a wifi connection to it for our unit this was a great platform to do so! It enabled us to be able to go in and set up the units to receive wifi and signals from the routers to deliver the information the unit needed to create water. Particle is a great product that help us seamlessly integrate this into our units.

What do you dislike?

I would say that there is nothing that stands out from Particle that we disliked.they have a great platform that really is easy and very user friendly for any company who needs such services. Overall this product is unmatched on the market and I highly recommend utilizing their modern upscale platform. Anyone who uses this product will be more then satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Particle and will definitely be a user in the future!

The business problems that we were able to solve were being able to connect our platform to the internet across multiple units and be able to pass the data along to our servers utilizing Particles unbelievable system! I think that for any company who is looking to take a prioduct to the mass market and needs IoT management, then Particle is the company to go with. This product more then satisfied our needs and we plan to be a customer for years to come. In my humble opinion I think that this is the best platform on the market

Particle review by Vinoth  K.
Vinoth K.

"IOT Market Winner - Particle "

What do you like best?

Best Sensonrs and Builting in SIM connectivity and management

Customized solution with IDE kit.No Need to be expert to configure .IOT easy

Cloud makes Mangement easy.Secure Platform .Cross function ablity makes user friendly - IOS and Andriod Cloud fuction provide centralized data warehouse to manage efficiently

Buy a device and you will became a IOT guy. Developer easy to integrate with the device and kit.

What do you dislike?

Need Cross function between other cloud platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Market standard IOT solution

Customer Support is best

Knowledge base and guides available

IOT solution for businees needs.IOT solution Image processing

IOT solution for Attendence system.IOT solution to find the Language detector in Social Media

IOT solution with BIG Data analysis IOT integration with Azure and AWS IOT cloud

IOT device with Power BI integration

Particle review by Alejandro V.
Alejandro V.

"It has helped me design and build projects easily. "

What do you like best?

I love the entire system. I love the hardware, both Electron and Photon, as well as the IDE. I really appreciate the easy of use. I can use this entire platform to teach kids how to control hardware, collect real-world data, or whatever they can imagine; this platform makes teaching young ones easy and fun! I have two projects I’m working on now.

What do you dislike?

I would like better support for the Atom Editor. I seemed to have problems with it in the past. I have been using the browser IDE because it is not working properly, but I prefer to use the Atom Editor. Also, I would like to see more IoT data analysis done on the website console. This would actually keep me coding on the browser as opposed to the Atom Editor I was speaking of previously. I would rather not use Adafruit.io or Samsung Artik. I really would like to use something from Particle, even though it would not be as robust as other IoT data analytics platforms. I know you guys are a hardware company but a slight upgrade to the console would be great. I’m not asking you all to compete with data analytic platforms, just a small upgrade of features.

I don’t know about business problems but, I am solving problems in the home. Automatic dog feeder, temperature monitor, air quality monitor, self-watering autonomous garden, smart air conditioner, etc.

Particle review by Paul K.
Paul K.

"Why I like Particle for IoT"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Particle devices in my personal projects and on products. Out of the box I am able to get cloud connectivity and get productive quickly. I like the fact that they offer devices with WiFi, Cellular and soon Mesh, which allows me to pick the device best suited to my design while maintaining unprecedented portability in code as I move between them. Besides being well designed, their development tool offerings allow me to select what works best for me. Particle's community forum is one of the best I have used for support and is frequented by Particle's own geniuses. I also like Particle's no-nonsense licensing tiers for developers and Enterprise. Because of this, I can prototype products easily and scale to larger volumes without the typical headaches.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot. As a small company growing quickly, areas such as documentation and issues management have lagged. However, Particle's ongoing investment in staff is already showing vast improvement in these and other areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Particle allows me to produce proof-of-concepts and prototypes very quickly. For my own projects, this gets me to a solution before I get bored! For products I am working on, clients appreciate the fast turn around on demos, allowing us to better understand and scope out their requirements.

Particle review by Jordy M.
Jordy M.

"Professional ecosystem for enterprises and makers alike."

What do you like best?

I personally value the integration a lot. Often enough you run into amazing hardware, or software, only to then find that other parts are missing. With Particle, the road from 'prototype to production' is made a lot easier and more accessible since they offer all aspects required for it; Dev tools, hardware, software, cloud, everything you need to get your product or project connected and talking to the internet. Seeing as (almost) everything is open-sourced, you're not forced into all of their tools, in case you'd like to use something else, but they're there if you need them.

Furthermore, their human side is very important to me. Particle values its customers, and more specifically, their maker community. Having been there since the early days, I can't stress enough how valuable it is to have some of the people behind the products engaging with the customers directly (the community forums for example). Feedback is taken from the community and taken into consideration when developing the platform further, which is a very nice feat to encounter.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The tools, hardware, software, and community support is a package deal unlikely to be found elsewhere. Sure there, might be some minor UI 'issues' that I can get finicky about if I looked for them, but they're negligible in the grand scheme of what the platform as a whole has to offer. There certainly aren't any deal-breakers as far as I'm concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't recommend Particle enough. The experiences I've had with their products, as well as with the people behind it, were and still are truly delightful. The combination of very skilled professionals who create amazing product while actually caring about what the customer thinks of them is immensely valuable in my opinion. Using the platform has definitely been of added value to me, as I'm positive it can be for others. Pricing is fair enough that nothing is lost by giving them a chance, which I'm sure few will regret.

Using the Particle platform allows one to go from a single prototype, back-of-the-napkin style idea, to a well thought out product in a time frame that wasn't realistic up until now. The same module you're using for prototyping can also be deployed inside a finished product as many others have already done. When looking at scaling, there are options available too that allow one to go into mass production, using the same platform you're familiar with from the smaller scale, thus saving a lot of time and money.

Particle review by Emil M.
Emil M.

"A company offernig plenty of tools for new IoT developers and companies"

What do you like best?

Particle offers different products that help new IoT companies and startups to put their ideas into practice. On their website you can find everything from Device OS to Tutorials. The interface is easily understandable and it is very easy to navigate on their website. Overall, Particle offers a wide variety of useful and high quality products and tools.

What do you dislike?

As a newbie, it was an absolute disaster to find what do i need. Also the terminology was a little hard at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not rush. Take your time and read what can be done before buy or doing anything. There is plenty of information on their website that you may find useful.

Particle helped our company to make applications that run on our device.

Particle review by Jacksen P.
Jacksen P.

"IOT from start to Finish"

What do you like best?

Internet of things is not complete if you don't have all the dots connected. I had a major problem getting the hardware that I needed to implement the IOT project that I had in mind, but with Particle's help I submitted my design and they were able to get me the hardware with the backup in only 2 weeks.

What do you dislike?

Its perfect, the solution to all my IOT problems is PARTICLE

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are just getting into IOT ( Internet of Things ) I would highly recommend Particle. Don't waste your time with anything else.

As mentioned earlier, I am now able to go to PARTICLE to get all my connections. hardware, software, design and ideas are all available in PARTICLE.

Particle review by JESUS P.
JESUS P.

"PLATAFORMA QUE REÚNE TODO LO QUE NECESITAS DEL MERCADO"

What do you like best?

Una herramienta muy famosa, conocida por todos, software mundial, seguro y super confiable, a cualquier persona que se le pregunte sobre este software solo da referencias positivas.

el manejo de dicho software es tan sencillo de manejar, que no se necesita experiencia, es una plataforma robusta, segura sobre todo y muy importante muy confiable,

la experiencia obtenida en el poco tiempo que tengo explorando esta innovados y bondadosa herramienta me lleva por un excelente camino, tiene mucho potencial a explotar.

What do you dislike?

el costo no es tan accesible para cualquiera, y cada vez que necesitas agregar dispositivos, debes adquirirlos y cancelar el costo del mismo, sin embargo vale la pena si lo que realmente deseas es impulsar tu negocio en el mundo

Recommendations to others considering the product:

desde mi experiencia es un software ademas de robusto y seguro, es super confiable, mantiene en constante comunicación, así vayas a un sótano, la cobertura se mantiene.

la información así haya irregularidades en la comunicación, la conexión con la nube permite estar confiado ya que los dispositivos están en constante comunicación.

Conectar la plataforma de la organización a Internet, con el respaldo de las conexiones regulares, es posible transmitir datos importantes llevándolos a los servidores,

centralizar los dispositivos y tener un control de los mismos ha sido genial para nosotros. La creación de prototipos y pruebas ha sido perfecto, estoy iniciando en este mundo de posibilidades, pero hasta los momentos lo que he logrado obtener con este software a sido de gran satisfacción

Particle review by Rajan G.
Rajan G.

"ALL IOT UNDER SINGLE SITE"

What do you like best?

Internet of things are future of technology now , particle is one of the best network to create code and use our assembled and designed IOT devices. This is one of the biggest platform as more than 50 % of global companies working in IOT are associated with particle apart for it there are more than 200000 devices in total which are configured by particle. We can create our own device with kit and code the functionality and simply using internet we are ready with our first device. It is easy to use, and tutorial are very helpful to understand particle.

What do you dislike?

The hardware cost is high where as cloud support up to 10 devices is free. But cloud only needed after device. The code debugging is not so user friendly, and least support for error in codes. The IOT device need the connectivity but the speed required is very high. The console base need to be improve as not so user friendly. The contact support almost take 3-5 days to reply for you problem which is to long.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Particle need to work on AUTOMATIC chat BOT to solve the users problems real time , also need to slash some prices.

The problem of integration of device and firmware with cloud storage now become so easy with particle. They also provide hardware support and warranty which helps me to gain confidence in case my hardware report error.

Particle review by Ariana M.
Ariana M.

"Increíble experiencia con Particle"

What do you like best?

Esta plataforma entre todas es la mejor y me encante porque es muy fácil para administrar y controlar mis dispositivos a través de la Consola de administración de dispositivos , y cada dispositivo está expuesto a través de una API muy segura, posee una infraestructura robusta y confiable para construir y administrar su flota de IoT,

What do you dislike?

Particle tiene todo lo que necesito para elevar mi producto IoT, desde el dispositivo hasta la nube. Para ser sincera y en lineas generales no tengo nada negativo que resaltar de este gran producto, todo lo contrario particle es excelente y me ha funcionado muy bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es importante tomar en consideración cada beneficio que tendrás con esta plataforma, es altamente recomendable su uso, con Particle podrás administrar y controlar tus dispositivos a través de la Consola de administración de dispositivos , cada dispositivo está expuesto a través de una API segura .

Con Particle podrás promover tu producto IoT, esta excelente plataforma te facilita la vida, todo el hardware que hacen están diseñado para que tu dispositivo se conecte en cuestión de minutos, a través de Wi-Fi , celular (2G / 3G / LTE) o malla, puedes ensamblar de manera sencilla tus dispositivos de partículas a la nube de dispositivos. La aplicación lo guiará paso a paso a través de un sencillo proceso de configuración hasta que el LED de su dispositivo emita una luz ciánica, lo que indica que está conectado a la Nube del dispositivo y listo para ser programado.

Particle review by Aditya A.
Aditya A.

"Particle is one of best IoT Management Tool"

What do you like best?

As Particle application is one of the best IOT management tool that i had see working fine in my company. I like the integration with their online store, which has everything you could ever need to make your own IoT product or prototype.

The pricing as well as bundle offers are very genuine. It's also an easy solution for something as simple as adding wifi to a product. There community is always there to make us encouraging to do more using it.

What do you dislike?

Although there is nothing as dislike i found in it but still i expect it should support cross cloud integration support which will make this product awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for below IOT solution then this Particle application do wonders for you. Check out their website and documentation. Buy their development kits and experiment to understand the breadth of their offering. Then talk to their sales team to see how Particle fits in to your solutions.

IOT solution for businees needs.IOT solution Image processing

IOT solution for Attendance system.IOT solution to find the Language detector in Social Media

IOT device with Power BI integration

Particle review by Diego R.
Diego R.

"Particle powerful plataform"

What do you like best?

For me, it was a great way to develop iOT. I had contact with the particle photon and found it very interesting. I also felt a very great difference in security and scalability. I can manage and control my devices through device management console and all devices are used through an API

What do you dislike?

Here in my country, it is a little used platform and very difficult to find communities, to help in development. Because it is such a powerful tool, there should be more marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I see in the particle a great form of investment, it is already a good reality, but if it continues in this way, it will bring great solutions to those who want to innovate. The entire technological society must be attentive to these innovations.

We are here in the company to increase the possibilities of connectivity with the cloud and at the same time guarantee everything that is related to security, where every message sent through the Particle is encrypted and secure.

Particle review by Mehmet K.
Mehmet K.

"IOT Platform Very Versatile"

What do you like best?

Aspect to highlight this tool is the ease to adapt to the needs of my projects. It allows to have several teams with several communication systems from which, according to the characteristics of each project, they personalize and integrate software and hardware, reducing the delivery time and its cost. Updates can be done remotely and safely, adding new features even if the equipment is already in operation and installed. It also has a system of customizable warnings that help generate alerts to keep under control any incident that may occur.

What do you dislike?

The advice in my case at the time of implementation that best suits the interests of my project was dilated enough in time, having to establish and implement an appropriate technology.

So the time to start working was not planned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product for companies that want to integrate software and hardware through an upgradeable and highly scalable IOT platform with a good user interface and web access and with different modules that are very attractive for business projects.

The experience was very enriching, the base teams from which the personalization of each project is made are very efficient, the connectivity of the equipment was quite effective and the security through remote teams has also been very good being able to work in a Safe environment from anywhere.

Particle review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"everything we need to start in the world of Iot"

What do you like best?

The best thing is that the platform includes the 3 most important elements to start a prototype, provides hardware, software and communication cloud. As they also use free software, a lot of developers can integrate our software to the platform without problems. The management for sim card is also very intuitive and solves a lot of communication problems from a very intutive panel.

What do you dislike?

So far we have not found weaknesses, although we are testing the first prototypes with the basic functions of sending and receiving GPS data. After a training on the interface and its IDE integration I think we can take better advantage of the whole platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to implement an IOT prototype is with this platform, because it also has a very large community of programmers with whom to exchange ideas of the projects and find solutions to the problems that arise during the projects. In the forums you can detail your idea or problem and then a group of developers from the insurance community will help you, we have found an answer to technical problems within that great community of the platform

The main problem solved by this platform is that we did not know where to start to implement an IOT solution, with the platform we have been guided to realize a first prototype within our company. They provide hardware and software support, therefore they cover all instances of technical assistance to help us in the success of the prototype.

Particle review by marialyjc j.
marialyjc j.

"The experience in particles"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the ease of using your development tools as easily as if you were an expert, in addition to helping you with your great services it also teaches you to improve and to know new things, usually this kind of things you do not find it easily Anywhere, the best is expensive but worth it, a secure platform that gives you control and visibility over your devices. Simply one of the best in my opinion helps you build web applications, android, ios

What do you dislike?

With what I do not feel comfortable with this product is that it is not compatible with safari and is only active with sitema ANDROID

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply if you like excellence and do not look any better, with this tool you can get what you want, I recommend it 100 percent.

I have applied PARTICLE in the development and complement of some products of my company and in all of them it has applied excellent to me it is not necessary to connect any equipment by means of USB to configure it only with CODES in my opinion it is excellent

Particle review by Kerem C.
Kerem C.

"Perfect Solution for IOT Needs"

What do you like best?

This is the complete solution for all IOT needs both hardware and software. Particle Studios provide support for full-on IOT implementations. if you need bring your IOT prototype to life, Particle teams helps you to bring a live prototype and take the next step. This firm have a own cloud services. Price saving but very professional IOT solution. We are use Particle Photonh and E Series Evaluation kit. in this kit, Physical USB, Li-Po battery and external battery connections, power jack, onboard Reset and Mode buttons, status and charge led is pioneering features.

What do you dislike?

if you use MAC for computing process, some applications (connect wi-fi etc.) doesn't support default browser. Also GUI is need a little bir more work. Except this, everything is very good.

We was trying control index cutting machine over internet. in this project, we use Particle Photonh and Particle E Series Evaluation 3G kit. This industrialized cellular IoT modules help us to control our machine over internet.

Particle review by Anne M.
Anne M.

"Rapidly Bring IoT Projects to Life"

What do you like best?

Solid platform to quickly develop projects and illustrate proof of concepts. It streamlines the workflow and I appreciate that it can easily integrate other technologies. The fact that it offers hardware and cloud solutions is great, it is definitely a solid platform.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge amount of info available - would like to see a broader and deeper user community to share with.I would have liked to be able to read other use cases and ask questions of the community when getting up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find other developers who are using Particle so that they can show you the ropes so to speak. Don't be dissuaded by the lack of apparent user community, although this would make things a lot easier for everyone. I think that down the road we will have more documentation and user community on this.

Development of concepts related to IoT projects. Speeds the development process from prototype to production helping to bring projects to realization faster.

Particle review by Megna D.
Megna D.

"Review"

What do you like best?

The software is good and easy to use for my company. We used to use it for all our business need and it helped us perform really well. The software meets our business needs and it helpful. It saves us a lot of time when performing some of the tasks. I do not dislike anything because it is a really good software. They do need some updates to make some things a little easier but overall I think it is a really good software. We are solving a lot of technical problems relating to our business needs. Some updates on the software take some time but overall the benefits are more to use the product. It saves us a lot of time when performing some of the tasks.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything because it is a really good software. They do need some updates to make some things a little easier but overall I think it is a really good software. he software is good and easy to use for my company. We used to use it for all our business need and it helped us perform really well. The software meets our business needs and it helpful. It saves us a lot of time when performing some of the tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really good.

Particle review by Cosmin P.
Cosmin P.

"Particle !!!"

What do you like best?

Utilizing particle to structure and idea makes the procedure increasingly streamlined and direct, not as nerd as it once might have been.

What do you dislike?

It tends to overwhelm begin something, yet in any event Particle makes it as simple as would be prudent. Be that as it may, there can generally be increasingly done to empower even the timid business-type designer to take a stab at something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your work done, recognize what you're attempting to tackle for, and make an arrangement for what achievement would resemble for you. Cause you'll need to sell the estimation of this apparatus sooner or later, to your companions, the executives, and so forth, and you need that to be strong.

Utilizing Particle to accumulate information on pretty much anything is what is energizing to me. At the point when a business issue turns into a huge populace of information then you can do some investigation and inclining.

Particle review by Dilip S.
Dilip S.

"Best software for build own iot tools "

What do you like best?

Particle is an IoT platform Particle cloud makes management easy secure and more powerful than others software The Internet of Things has been around, in some form, for decades.It has the advantage that I spend less time, since many of the activities that we carry out this new technology on a daily basis do it for us, so I can free myself and focus on new ones. In the early days and also too much user friendly and I'm using now and too much good love it

What do you dislike?

Not much just only price high and dislike is that run slow down and Possibility of hacking of the information we have uploaded and also most important Need Cross function between other cloud platforms.Also, I would like to see more IoT data analysis done on the website console. This would actually keep me coding on the browser as opposed to the Atom Editor and I was able to present the software to my team but they had difficulties navigating and were hesitant to implement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best software for iot

I'm working a iot project and it's very helpful for me and all my friends and team Code updates, rebooting, everything can be managed from a web-based IDE. Or, if you want, you also have the flexibility to push code via a USB interface

Particle review by Anny B.
Anny B.

"Great solution for students and electronic professionals"

What do you like best?

A ton of options available to create iot solutions, as engineer student I used to search for solutions with accessible prices, Particle provide both, software and hardware, the emulation requires a couple of hours to learn but If someone learns it will get the top of it.

What do you dislike?

lack of resources, the are vast of other places to learn different hardware solutions I don't know why

Particle has a lack of it, besides that the services offered are awesome and could last forever if we know how to set up it properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solutions but create some courses to learn and open activities and communities to share the projects with other people

I used to develop simulation of iot solution for homes at California, one contact of me offered Particle and I implement it on some projects, the major benefit it's that this is a product that will last forever and has a lot of solutions, emulation it's great and requires a couple of hours to learn.

Particle review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Perfect and most Convenient for Prototype"

What do you like best?

The best thing I personally liked about this platform is it has its own cloud services with great work space which does not rely on third party vendor due to which you get timely services when required any support If I talk about the functions than connectivity of varied devices can be easily setup on the same platform. Hence I can easily overview and analyze the work of myself as well as my team members

What do you dislike?

Initially I found it difficult to use but after the support which I got from the backhand in extra ordinary which was not expected hence I am grateful to them. Sorry no dislikes from my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend to all the developers out there who are seeking for a better and secured platform for the development of their IOT products or services.

I and my team mates are engage in developing a product which can connect to anything to anyone irrespective or living or non living thing. On a prototype stage we were in need of some platform which can support in doing so like connectivity of software and hardware installation of SIM, MESH to different devices on the same platform with proper analytical structure which we got all this and much more features from this platform at a cheaper price compared to other platforms. Hence it saved our time, money and most importantly it supported to get our idea into reality.

Particle review by Ted H.
Ted H.

"Automatic Automation"

What do you like best?

It's not only that Particle allows me to automate processes to decrease time on projects, but it brings systems and processes together ever so conveniently. When I introduced it to my team, we fell in love right away. We were able to easily implement ways to automate processes through the software that Particle made possible to design.

What do you dislike?

I was not a big fan of the navigation, or overall UI. Finding what I needed could have been easier. I know the guides they provide covers all this in detail, but the best programs are those that even without the guides, you can somewhat get around. I was able to present the software to my team but they had difficulties navigating and were hesitant to implement it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they just made the ease of use a little better, I would be all for it. I mean if you're okay with the way the program is organized, it is great! I think it does everything I needed it to do, except just not the way I wanted to do it.

Right now we are trying to create something that allows us to control our online radio music stream via phone and PC. Particle has been a great help in making this project a reality.

Particle review by Nikita G.
Nikita G.

"Fantastic Tool for IoT Products"

What do you like best?

This tool had saved many headaches when integrating our baby monitors through the internet. Bringing your product online is no joke, there are hackers, there are bad guys out there, and you need a fast and reliable way to get your product online without allowing the bad guys to exploit your product. The best part about it is that it is open-source and you can integrate it with almost any piece of hardware.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about this product is the price-tag. Although the product offers tons of features and ways to expand your IoT product to the world wide web, it also comes with a price-tag. The cellular price tag is very high. If you have many devices which you are trying to sell, it is almost impossible to compete with this price tag, unless you are selling a large and expensive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product if you are selling a product for a high price, the fees that are charged for their services are really high, and if you having a product that is small, I suggest implementing your own way to reach the internet. This product is a good way to test your prototype, if it is able to come out to the internet.

I was trying to solve the problem of connecting a baby monitor to the internet. This would allow the device to connect to a person's online interface that they can track where ever they go. The price tag of the service makes it very difficult to actually begin manufacturing the product. Our design was simply a prototype.

Particle review by Kristina C.
Kristina C.

"Iot Tool for Total Control of the company"

What do you like best?

Continuous control of the company, since it allows me to have control of many things, since it keeps track of customers who are soon to expire for example, that is, always aware of the income that they report and possible new business opportunities.

What do you dislike?

The first disadvantage that particle presents is that it is not yet fully compatible with all the invented technology, that is, there are still no standards such as USB or Bluetooth for the connection between the different devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Iot solution for companies that demand more specific controls in their market

The experience with respect to performance is automatic, with respect to security, and with this I am referring to the use of this type of technology in many areas of our life, we must bear in mind that the data I use must be encrypted or with a high level of security. , to avoid filtered information. Optimal initial configuration with high added value.

Particle review by Stephen B.
Stephen B.

"Pleasant Particle!"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the libraries that were included within the IDE as it made it easier to integrate code and data from each of my sensors to my current project as well as use pre-made code from other developers and integrate them into my projects.

What do you dislike?

I found it to be quite sluggish whilst running on my laptop while I was multi tasking - most particularly with the web IDE running simultaneously with other tabs.

This is also petty but I disliked this shipping times to the UK. Me and my team are based in the UK and had to pay extra to ship a photon to our residence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the small investment to develop further programming skills.

The library is seamless and easy to integrate into current projects too!

We used particle as a venture in to investigate how we could integrate it into our current product lineup.

The main benefit was the expansive development library from other developers. It allowed to us easily integrate code from other projects into our own venture.

Particle review by William B.
William B.

"ONE STOP SOLUTION"

What do you like best?

The best thing is it can be used with various cloud services like of IBM Cloud, Google Cloud services. It can be integrated very easily for IOT micro controller. It helped to develop the app with short span. Most promising feature I liked is it helped my team in various verticals from network connectivity to proper internet access.

What do you dislike?

Well initially backhand i.e Customer support was quit loose. But after issuing a ticket on that. All things were on proper track. And that's what I liked personally that company and its staff are not rigid or stubborn about their working patterns. Much appreciated for that. Cheers..!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

5/5 stars from my end. Depends on the choice of people whether they want to waste their time and money by considering other software and collage the work or go for this outstanding platform on its own which has all features which a software Engineer wants.

Right now me and my team are working on the project but at this point wont be able to reveal things in detail as we are having a prototype and haven't patterned it yet. But definitely various features like integration, connectivity, cellular connectivity, cloud and customer support is just outstanding. It saved our manpower by having all the features which a developer needs that can be offered individually by not less than 4-5 software.

Particle review by Aditya B.
Aditya B.

"Works wonderful! "

What do you like best?

The best part about it is that it is open-source and we can integrate it with almost any bit of hardware. I am also able to connect with the cloud and get things on the go very easily ! The library in the IDE make it easier to integrate cod and data for my current projects.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. As a self growing company, there are some minor issues, however particle is already showing a good improvement in these issues. Another thing that I dislike is that it runs a little slow while multi tasking, as almost all the users go multi-tasking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a really useful software to get your work done easily and quickly on the internet and get your things on the go. I personally suggest people to go with this,especially the ones who deal with IOT.

Currently i'm using particle for different prototypes like temperature monitoring etc,.

Particle review by Shubhanshi T.
Shubhanshi T.

"Great choice for IoT solutions and gathering data from remote servers"

What do you like best?

Amongst IoT, Particle makes it easier to develop applications with all their stack in open source, so that makes it possible to troubleshoot grave issues and learn better.

The developing stack allows very fast iterations, specifically, the majority of the libraries remain in a "system" section of flash while only the application bits need to be uploaded for each edit/compile/test cycle.

Particle also offers an extensive online library that users can browse to gain further knowledge, tips, and tricks.

The interface is clean and very simple to use, even for a beginner with little to no experience like myself. Particle is an all in one product that meets the needs previously provided by several different solutions. Having it all in one system has drastically reduces operating costs.

What do you dislike?

There is a compatibility issue with Safari on Mac computer. It works otherwise well with Google Chrome.

Also, it is difficult to get customer service support, as well as guidance regarding the applicability of some of the tools and devices. Although their user interface is easy, there has been a few technical issues for which I have been unable to solve on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In an Iot based environment, it is difficult to have everything right in the first go, so if budget is a factor, it is advisable to test the hardware first. So developers should use this software before do actual connection it is really helpful before you damage your hardware.

WE developed several proof of concepts for the weather forecast and manufacturing production assembly lines for our subsidiary companies. Within media industry, we gathered the data in the prototypes and utilised the support of photon as a hardware with in house resources. It is headed in the right direction, but right integration is the key to build a successful Iot , with correct Mesh network.

Particle review by DHRUVIN M.
DHRUVIN M.

"New Generation IOT will improve your projects."

What do you like best?

Well...You are going to see new mesh devices which are referring to as generation 3. Particle IO is going to release three new devices which are the argon, the boron and the xenon and all of these share common thing which is they all have the Nordic NRF chip on them which gives them a Bluetooth out of the box and they can create 2.4 GHz mesh networks. So, one of the big things that they are pushing with these new devices is this mesh idea of mesh networks and you will get much better range with the RF m69. So, the concept is that bunch of nodes which can talk with each other and relay messages and strengthen the network the more nodes you have things like that. So basically the argon is really kind of next generation’s replacement for the photon its wifi with the Bluetooth built-in, the boron is the next generation of the electron so its offers LTE 2g and 3g cell connectivity, the xenon which is just really dedicated mesh network nodes, it's Bluetooth and mesh and that's it you are not gonna get wifi. I personally prefer this because it helps me really in my different IOT projects because you will get the best components to use and it's very cheap it hardly cost around 15$ for argon and 6-8$ for boron. So, go guys get this thing.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this thing. Impressive till now.

I have created lots of IOT project and to use this kind of components is very fruitful for me.

Particle review by Abhay K.
Abhay K.

"Review About Particle"

What do you like best?

If we have to build IOT Project than hardware and software, This tool provide all facility for those component and provide connectivity between them.It also provide cloud functionality via we can update all the software. we can also test our project on this software so we can see any fault before actual connection.

What do you dislike?

This tool has nothing to dislike but IDE is not fully develop in and some needed shortcut is also missing for open different window. When you search for IOT software then it is not easy to find one software which can satisfied all requirement for your IOT device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

my recommendation to all iot developer to use this software before do actual connection it is really helpful before you damage your hardware.

i use this tool to develop the plant health monitoring system during my collage time. I do not think without a particle i can develop this project because it need so many hardware connection and some software to get data from device and send to the server.

Particle review by Bailey C.
Bailey C.

"The best Platform to connect with other IOT Geniuses"

What do you like best?

After logging on to Particle, the first few days were quiet and then I posted my requirement and idea to develop an App which would help the end user control lighting in LABs to control the intensity. The very next hour I got a flurry of responses and suggestions which was mind blowing. The ideas were way more than I could ever think of.

What do you dislike?

I have been with Particle for the past 2 years and I can't say that I dislike anything about it. This is a great platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

Oh yes, everyone who is is ready to explore IOT should get on PARTICLE

Once the idea was finalized, all I needed to do was design the Chip and send it in. The developer tools available helped a lot. I got the Chip in 3 weeks and it was so compact that I couldnot even hold it.

Particle review by Sadi E.
Sadi E.

"Great Product for IoT Solutions"

What do you like best?

I would recommend this software for IoT management help. It is such a convenient software, very easy to use. This user-friendly software helped a lot of people like me that are not expert. Using this software is like combining multiple software but you can access all you need is just this single software. It has the best customer support in case if you need any further help. It has a very secure environment that let the user work with it with the most comfort. Additionally, it has cross-functionality between IOS and Android devices. Also, it made the hardware system so accessible and combines with software. It also has very powerful microcontrollers that can make your work much easier.

What do you dislike?

It is such a great product which has very little missing pieces. I would say it could have more developed IDE. Which I am pretty sure it will acquire in the near future I see this product is going toward a very bright direction.

We basically used this as a single kit for both hardware and software. It helped in building a secure place that many devices could get connected to each other and the web. It will make a great platform to manage our IoT management.

Particle review by George E.
George E.

"Particle use for a senior design project"

What do you like best?

I like that it gives me the ability to connect devices over WiFi and even connecting to Alexa in our case. The IDE was not as good as Arduinos, but the simplicity of setup is something I truly like about it. The fact that all I need is power is lucrative as well

What do you dislike?

I really disliked the weakness of the power cord. The unreliability when trying to send large data over time as we were trying to send data of an EEG signal which outputted at low frequency of 10Hz to 21 Hz for demo purposes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the arduino IDE as it contains stronger library than the particle library when implementing a project.

Particle helped us reduce the wiring and create a more lucrative project as the EEG sensors could be placed and be sending signals without the test subject being connected to wires the whole time.

Particle review by Catherine R.
Catherine R.

"The solution for what you need to work."

What do you like best?

I really like that they make available to people simple but complex solutions in operation, a new stage of the internet of things that do not merit lasting hours and hours reading endless manuals or attending training courses with algorithms and other things that for reasons of the time nobody looks. Another thing that I like very much, is to be able to have several options that adapt to my requirement, without being forced to contract things that I really will not use. It adapts to all, professionals, companies and even for home solutions. As simple as looking for the option that suits your budget, make the appropriate consultations and that's it.

What do you dislike?

I liked the business model and the proposal offered to the end user, so I do not rate any of their solutions negatively, I am sure that the rapid growth they will have will improve their platform at the necessary time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Undoubtedly, I am sure that many people will end up looking for all solutions in Particle to their needs, one of which I am sure will like very much is to be able to track the trajectory of the vehicles, thus monitoring the load that is transferred to meet with the buyers in record time. I am also sure that they will look for the option of motion sensors a lot, it is one of my favorites. For those who begin to venture into the construction of solutions, they can count on Particle as a secure hardware and software provider to grow with quality and support.

Communication is a vital aspect for all entrepreneurship, thanks to the solutions of Particle, we have managed to offer immediate solutions to your requirements to third parties, thus reaching a market that is not the origin of our virtual store, it is another of the wonders that we have obtained as an organization. Not all our customers have access to wiring to operate the internal operational details, thanks to Particle we are the first option, always contacting your department first hand to receive the relevant recommendations.

Particle review by Th v.
Th v.

"Well-rounded IoT solution, from hardware to cloud"

What do you like best?

Particle makes it easy to develop applications and all their stack is open source, so that makes it possible to troubleshoot gnarly issues as well as learn & extend.

They spent a lot of effort in producing a developing stack that allows for very fast iterations, specifically, the majority of the libraries remain in a "system" section of flash while only the application bits need to be uploaded for each edit/compile/test cycle. That makes it really fast, there's no coffee break while waiting for the flashing to happen.

The documentation is very good overall as well.

What do you dislike?

The monetization around their cloud platform makes for some awkward trade-offs. I get that they need to do what they need to do to build a business but it introduces hurdles, such as up-to-N-devices, or HA-is-enterprise-only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Focus on the mesh products and have a bit more patience while the software gets to production quality (it's happening relatively fast).

Developing cellular-connected sensors.

Particle review by Ramesh V.
Ramesh V.

"Beautiful IoT Platform for Automation and Learning!"

What do you like best?

1. I liked the Amazing UI that works seamless on mobile and Desktop.

2. Easy Device on boarding .

3. Very Good API for Command line Functions.

4. Github Community is very active.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any issues in Particle as of Now. Community is very active and helps me in issues w.r.t API. Found user guide to be useful and solved majority of our problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good Software to deal with IoT. Knowledge of Networks is very essential in perfect Implementation.

Creating Business focused Applications with all possible IoT Devices and various API's.

Deployment is also Easy to Go.

Admin part is also Flawless and Helps us to Distribute tasks among ourselves.

Pairing with CI and CD is cherry on cake,

Particle review by Mansi D.
Mansi D.

"Particle Student Employee Review "

What do you like best?

The best thing about using particle is that it's all over the place. It connects everywhere, the wifi connection is amazing. It's easy to set up and everything is managed by the web-based IDE.

I must say that it made the hardware system so accessible. It a great product for the upcoming and continuously growing IT world.

The pricing is affordable. Moreover, I got the device cloud for free for the first 3 months which was like a cherry on the cake.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a major complaint excepts some software bugs but the computer service team is great and are always ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every business company must get Particle to ease your workload. It literally does everything for you. Every business company must check out the website and atleast start with the development kit.

The particle has made everything easy and automatic. It almost does everything for you. The business problem I have been solving with Particle is with IoT Management as enhances my business platform. The particle was able to spread the data across all the servers and it is the best way for the companies to take a step forward in the management world.

Moreover, Particle is best for everybody's home. It has a temperature monitor, smart air conditioner and so much more. The sky is the limit honestly.

Particle review by Mauro T.
Mauro T.

"Real iot conection and integration."

What do you like best?

The best feature of Particle, is the combination of software, hardware and connectivity, along with reliability from the services provided.

It also has a very good support team.

Easy to achive, easy to use. For every type of company, Particle is the future of iot connection.

What do you dislike?

At first, it was the pricing, but for first achivers, have free access for 100 devices to start the iot fleet.

Still implementing, but I can have a good glimpse of what this software going to bring to the business world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basically, if you are looking for a tool that provides easy access and conections throughout your devices and fleet, Particle is the way to start.

Hopefully, it can make better prices in the future.

The comparability of the combinations, 3 in 1 that Particle provides. Gives you easy ways to connect and interact to the whole fleet.

Particle review by Darren M.
Darren M.

"Particle Photon for soliving issues"

What do you like best?

There are many good things that I can talk about for this nice board. Particle Photon is available at a very good price and works better than many similar boards. I ordered the board and received in less than 48 hours. I used Photon many times for building an internal network while connecting many devices of different operating system and it works great. This small board can be easily used to solve many connection issues.

What do you dislike?

The board has been working with no issues at all. There is nothing that I don't like so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Particle Photon is capable of solving connectivity issues while building networks. It is available at cheap price and works great.

Particle helped our IT department to solve many connectivity issues. We realized that Photon board has helped us to save a lot of money and effort for building small networks.

Particle review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"IoT solutions at it's best"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Particle is that you can combine connectivity, hardware and software with this. It is an all-in-one, fully integrated IoT platform. It is super easy to use, but if you ever get stuck, you can always post to the online community and get help from others using this. It is fully integrated with Device OS and Device Cloud. I am also able to actively monitor the health of all the devices with Particle.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that there are a few quirks to the system since it still pretty new on the market, but those are fairly easy to work around and are being worked on and fixed

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Particle to anyone who wants to be able to do IoT management from your own device to the cloud and to real life. Other software that I have used at previous places of employment have not even touched this level of ease of use. To be able to control so many aspects of the job without physically having to do it or to switch back and forth from one application to the other makes this a gem.

The business problems I am solving with Particle are that I am able to pretty much make everything automatic with minimal effort. Anything and everything that is a web-enabled device can be looked at as a whole instead of as an individual component, but still makes using them individually easy

Particle review by Alexis P.
Alexis P.

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

I would Highly recommend Particle to any business who is needing IoT managment help. What I like best about this amazing platform is its ease of use and the customer support that is there from day one to help you with anything you need! I think that Particle is moving in the right direction and has helped our system connect with wifi and recieve our data for processing

What do you dislike?

I would say that there was nothing that I disliked about the product and thought that it solved our problems exactly how we needed them solved! I dont know what we would have done without the help of Particle and their platform! Our IoT Managament system is working flawlessly now thanks to them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend get it ASAP!

The problems that we are able to solve utilizing Particles fantastic platform is the fact that they made it easier for us to manage our IoT managmenet. They overall helped our organization and connecting our systems to our processing department. Our systems needed wifi to be able to comunnicate updates and recieve customer data and support. The bennefits we have realized are the costs savings that this great platform provides our company. With Particle everything is handled seemlessy and without error. I know that we will continue to utilize there IoT management system for years to come and that we will always be a customer. I highly reccommend any company who is in need of IDE or IoT management to look no further and sign up for their amazing platform today!

Particle review by Thomas W. C.
Thomas W. C.

"Particle for Industrial Flow Meters"

What do you like best?

We love how easy it is to customize our applications using the Particle hardware and interface. The online community support is excellent. Especially for new users that do not have experience with IOT. Skys the limit with Particle and your imagination. There are also many 3rd party vendors that manufacure parts and accesoris for the Particle units. Adafruit is one, they make many accesories and breakout boards that all play well with Particle.

What do you dislike?

We could use a better data usage monitor, or estimator. I am referring to the amount of kb/mb we send over the cellular connection. Personally I would love a dedicated 4-20 mA input and not have to use a 3rd party breakout board. But I understand that is probibly a very small market for Particle and would not be on the top of the list of future enhancments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any interest in IOT products I would try Particle. The documentation and community support is amazing.

We are able to decrease the sales cycle of our products by using cellular connectivity to monitor usage in real time. This also gives us a cloud-based backup of the data we record.

Particle review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"Particle is by far the most convenient and secure IoT platform"

What do you like best?

I love the hardware and the cloud backend. The setup process is very intuitive. The cloud API makes device functions very accessible. The hardware and software open source so it is easy to make projects. The documentation and developer forums are superb.

I love the flexibility and convenience of Particle. I made my own development workflow with ease that allows me to develop Particle firmware faster than using the stock tools.

What do you dislike?

Both the Web IDE and the local IDE could use some improvement as they are lacking features that most other IDE's have.

Additionally, I think Particle needs to do more marketing and advertising. Rarely do I meet someone outside of the Particle community has heard about or used Particle. If Particle is going to lead the IoT movement it needs to be more well known.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Particle advertises their browser-based IDE a lot, but personally, I find using the local IDE suits my needs better because it allows me to manage my projects using GitHub.

I have done consulting for various clients using Particle. I have worked on teams developing monitoring solutions for oil tanks and water coolers. I also create prototypes of personal projects with Particle to improve my skills.

Particle review by Waqar K.
Waqar K.

"Amazing product for particles connectivity "

What do you like best?

One of the best things that I like the impromptu response from the Particle Team. The ease of installation. It makes like a breeze to install the application and get going. It enables the user IoT Management from your own device to the cloud and it makes it seamlessly easy. It is usually very hard to configure the IOT management devices, but Particle is different, very thorough and east to configure.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing major as we are just starting with IOT so not so much experience out there. However, sometimes things can be a bit slow which I don't know if it is just the thing for IOT management tools.

IOT solution with BIG Data analysis, IOT integration with Azure, and AWS IOT cloud. We trying to connect our new systems with the IOT.

Learn more about Particle

Particle Videos

Learning about Particle?

* We monitor all Particle reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.