Spiceworks MSP Reviews & Product Details

Spiceworks MSP Overview

What is Spiceworks MSP?

Spiceworks MSP helps to manage services software that provides multiple remote networks scanning, tickets management, and activities reporting.

Spiceworks MSP Details

Spiceworks
2006
Austin, TX
@Spiceworks

Spiceworks MSP Reviews

Showing 19 Spiceworks MSP reviews
Location
Already have Spiceworks MSP?
Manager
What do you like best?

Among all the Manage service provider Spiceworks MSP proved most helpful for me and it aided me in managing the user tickets and along with hat in scanning and monitoring reports. Having a large organization I found it excelling from other service providers in managing multi-location inventories. It ensured the smooth working of my organization by easily organizing all the user tickets and also it helped me in resolving problems and issues in very less time and unlike other manage service providers, I found it user friendly and easy to use like it is very simple to refer a ticket and it has organized my tasks efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the price is a little bit expensive and should be made cost-effective and I had experienced that when I got tickets more than the usual I faced problems in it but later on it was resolved and it's own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiceworks MSP is one of the best software to manage tickets and I have witnessed overall progress and now I can see that how well and effortlessly user tickets are being arranged. No doubt I am a bit disappointed with its high price but I guess it deserves such charges for all the features it is providing but again not all can afford it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Network inventory, network discovery, and tracking devices. Overall, the community aspect of Spiceworks is where it is at. If you have a problem in an IT environment, chances are, someone else has seen it before as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, easy to setup and secure. Overall a good free product. Also, I enjoy the community forums, as they are a wealth of knowledge that apply to all things in our field. Vendors also have accounts on the Spiceworks Community forums, and will frequently jump in to give feedback on issues that exist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some learning curve, but it it is a swiss-army-knife of tools for the IT administrator Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting a better record of devices on my network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Operations Engineer
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I am utilizing Spiceworks helpdesk and inventory along with my colleague at our IT managed services company. It has the potential to make our lives easier by allowing us to keep track of tickets and inventory our clients environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how we can have emails from the tickets send via our own email address! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be an ability for the ticketing system to recognize a customer domain and have a categorization of tickets by customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. Trust me. It is an insane bargain for the money (free!) It is much better than nothing and only topped by expensive high-end ticketing and inventory systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were keeping track of tickets via email at first but once we got to a higher number of customers this became cumbersome to keep track of who was working on what. We now utilize Spiceworks helpdesk and it has been great so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Support Administrator
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Marketing coordinating, marketing advertising, marketing social media, online presence, website engagement, high internet traffic Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

As a managed service provider, Spiceworks performed what was expected. It was better than any other managed service provider that was used by the company in the past fiscal year. Spiceworks has a dedicated MSP support team that is in direct contact with our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a managed service provider, there was not much to dislike. Everything went according to our plan and projections. I would prefer a better color than orange. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download on Windows Computer, MAC runs slow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving marketing coordinating, marketing advertising, marketing social media, online presence, website engagement, high internet traffic, and many other online marketing endeavors. The benefits we received was new information regarding the current online marketing field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GG
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

In my day-to-day we use Spiceworks for internal ticketing, but I have also used it when I do side work for outside companies to offer them a ticket system and knowledge base that I can centrally maintain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

For MSPs, Spiceworks offers a lot of services to help connect you with new customers and network with larger vendors. I especially love the community features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On the software side, you do get what you pay for. I have found that once you have enough customers submitting enough tickets, and run inventory scans, you start to encounter performance issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiceworks offers a free entry into the MSP space by setting you up with basic software to run your MSP, while at the same time offering paid solutions to get you greater visibility in their community. Just being able to offer customers access to a professional looking ticket system adds a lot of value for nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I used Spiceworks as a ticketing system for helpdesk support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked the ability to view tickets and end users separately or together based on the information I was looking for. For example, it was helpful to keep track of all tickets by end user, and all end users tickets by search keyword Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had issues with Spicework's search function. If I created an end user and accidentally added a space after their firstname and then used the search bar using first and last name, I would not be able to find that user unless I KNEW to add a space after their first name. Extra spaces were often added by using "paste" to create users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiceworks helped me keep tickets and end users organized. I liked using the dashboard to keep track of frequent callers and support counts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PE
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I worked in a college where we used Spiceworks MSP to monitor our devices (Printers, switch and all other devices on LAN network)

Based on the conditions which we set, we used to get emails and alerts. This help us to be pro active in trouble shooting the issues without any impact on our production systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Alerts and ticketing system which help us to track and resolve the issues in minimal time.

We can scan out inventory in order to manage with new updates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price is little bit expensive compared to different monitoring tools.

Status of the anti virus on the machines.

MSP can be more improved in section : tracking specific requests in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Printer issues and inventory management are the 2 most effective resources which helped me a lot in my daily schedule.

I can keep track of issues via ticketing system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Entering and Closing Tickets, Generating Reports Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Spiceworks is easy to use. The search feature will filter by Caller Name, Dealership Name, etc. It was very easy to reference a ticket when I needed to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For us, the answer to the call is very important and I felt like it wasn't called out enough. Also-some type of alert when a ticket was opened in your name for more than a specific period of time. Maybe this functionality already exists in the program and we were not utilizing it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We had a great experience with it and would definitely recommend to others! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to generate a Call Center Report is very helpful. We categorized common issues and were able to put fixes in place when we recognized trends. Quite a few of our website enhancements came from our Call Center Report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Audio Video Technician
Government Relations
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I used Spiceworks for ticketing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to respond to request easily and add notes. I liked how it kept my jobs arranged in different levels. Oldest, newest, priority etc. I had to juggle lots of work request but I never lost a ticket Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Learning to use Spiceworks. It was difficult in the begining and I had to really try. BUt once I started to learn I got better and better. After that I felt I was the best, at least west of the Mississippi Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PT
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We needed an option to take over out antiquated system. Spiceworks MSP was a great alternative and was quick to deploy in our network, easy to setup and work with and is very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We really enjoyed the ease of setup and deployment, especially since we were replacing an antiquated system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we can think of that we dislike. So far everything has been great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be clear and concise about your needs before going into your project. Know what you need and make sure you at least get that, if you get more than all the better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Everything that this system aims to provide is exactly what our antiquated system was struggling with. Spiceworks once again wins with this great option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Infrastructure Management Engineer
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I have used their products since many years now and therefore I personally know how productive their solutions are. They are up to industry standards and are easy to learn. As well as the community they have built around is priceless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The features that are available for MSPs and their technical community they have managed to grow around them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far i haven't found anything to dislike yet. Lets hope i don't find anything in future too Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Asset Management and Problem Ticket Handling Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Minion Queen
Management Consulting
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Scanning my network and manage all my customer interactions and services needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The helpdesk is one of the best I have ever used and the network scanning also better than anything else I have ever used especially considering the price! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting in the hosted version isn't robust enough to be useful. however, everything on the screen is very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Everything I do has been streamlined by putting SPICEWORKS in every environment I service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Coach Novice and Intermediate Masters
Furniture
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We used Spiceworks to assist us with trouble ticket management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the web based platform was one of my favorite things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the server went down and we couldn’t access ticket services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take it for a spin! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiceworks helped us become an incredibly efficient machine as a team. Prior to Spiceworks there was limited organization in our ticket management. It made us more cohesive and better communicators with our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PE
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We use it for our ticketing system so that we can maintain and keep track of issues through out the district. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Having all the functionality that full paid version has but being able to use for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ads are annoying but worth it for all it has to offer for free. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in a budget but want a great amount of functionality this is an ideal option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to manage our server and tickets from everywhere we are. We are just working on getting it running virtualized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PR
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

We wanted to have our company ip device inventory in a managed form. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Inventory management feature has been a great tool. It turned a complex task easy. With a beginner level knowledge you can set up the environment. Must thank the user community who are giving heads up in spicework forum Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some times it takes more time to get feedback from community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ip device inventory in a management.

It has helped a lot in audits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

PI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

IT help desk Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Spiceworks had a very easy to use interface. I also liked the youtube tutorials that were frelly provided which mad it easy to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the inventory management but it was not that bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch the youtube tutorials if you are a beginner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used spiceworks for it help desk. A good benefit was an easy to use interface for managing client tickets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

I had setup spiceworks for create helpdesk tickes and manage devices. It's so helpful for my jobs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm really like the function manage devices, inventory. it's make me easy to manage a lot of devices in my company Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some software are not list in the Software install list Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Spiceworks MSP really helpful for manage the request from user. And It's so friendly when manage the devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GI
Describe the project or task the product helped with:

Linking and updating multiple users on ticket status. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The navigation and search options allowing for quick access to the info i needed. . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adding people/contacts before the ticket could be generated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Identifying trends in support issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

It's super easy to create, track and respond to tickets Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't anything I don't like Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great ticketing tool to keep everything in one place! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have divisions around the country and use Spiceworks MSP to track tickets for everyone. It's nice because you can keep track of everyone in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Spiceworks MSP?