ManageEngine OpManager

Try network performance monitoring & data center infrastructure management software from ManageEngine OpManager.

Work for ManageEngine OpManager?

Learning about OpManager?

ManageEngine OpManager Reviews

Ask OpManager a Question
Showing 26 OpManager reviews
Logan C.

"Excellent tool to monitor internet traffic"

What do you like best?

This tool is indispensable for my daily work, with it I can monitor the internet traffic of entry and exit of all the users of the network. Monitoring interfaces and devices from a centralized console, being able to track the destination and source of traffic generated, I love being able to design alerts for excessive consumption that slows down the speed in the network. I can manage the bandwidth of the available links and verify with the netflow data unexpected traffic or from unknown sources. OP Manager is a valuable asset in the organization since it allows us to have the maximum performance at any time.

What do you dislike?

The use of this software can be complicated for novice users and that has no experience in this type of consoles, it requires a previous training that allows to take advantage of all the functionalities of the same. Although the graphic interface is nice and intuitive, I think it deserves a refresh in its image because I sometimes get lost with so many options and functions which are not bad but it would be nice to have a better point of view to be able to exploit them properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is a great ally for a network administrator, I recommend it.

With this software we manage the traffic in our network and of several clients, we can establish a connection with external systems and through the alerts we monitor the traffic quickly. This console is permanently active on my work desk.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about ManageEngine OpManager
Alex F.

"Monitor networks and servers efficiently with OpManager"

What do you like best?

Opmanager is an excellent platform to monitor networks, I like that opmanager solves problems that are generated over time due to the advances that exist in networks and that increasingly become more complex to study and monitor, thanks to this robust interface platform and intuitive you can detect any irregularity or efficiency of the network in an exact time, excellent system to solve problems and reduce downtime. It is also fabulous because it is compatible in a context of various IT suppliers and has the ability to adapt to the Network regardless of its size. It is ideal to inspect the instruments and the network to have a better perceptibility extended about the entire network infrastructure. I like the way it runs in terms of finding a solution to a problem, it behaves in an advanced way when detecting sensitive IT states such as WAN, routers, firewalls among others, this being a general solution in all devices of the network or the analysis to a certain area of ​​the bandwidth or applications.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult for me to expose some inconvenience, displeasure or negative aspect of this platform being this one more created for the solution of inconveniences that appear in the networks, giving the possibility of a quicker and more astute monitoring of the physical and virtual servers, additionally I allows the study of bandwidth, the visualization and provision of firewall logs, the management of IP addresses, among other functions that make it superior to other monitoring platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is useful to have it implemented since many network and server problems are solved thanks to its constant monitoring, it is quite simple to use and has quite unique features and functions, although its value is also quite low compared to others suppliers. It has no installation complications and is already incorporated with web servers and databases.

We implemented Opmanager in the most complete way, seeking to benefit in the best possible way by putting all its tools into action. Since the execution of Opmanager we have been able to solve packet losses and errors that even fail to be detected by other users thanks to the effective network monitoring and configuration of connection devices of this system. We use it to observe critical measurements such as the CPU, performance, disk space, performance and how much use has been given to the memory for virtual and physical servers on the other hand, we keep the configurations active by means of thresholds for each metric and in this way we receive notifications for the moment that any inconvenience is detected in the network without analyzing and only wait for some warning signal, this technique is similar to the one we implemented with the analysis of reactive networks to solve errors. Super beneficial because opmanager issues us reports that we program and customize and that we later use to contain information describing the operation of our network.

What Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution do you use?

Alfred P.

"OpManager the best software to monitor networks and servers."

What do you like best?

OpManager is a software that monitors networks, devices, and servers, has a variety of very good features, its deployment and installation are very easy to perform, the configuration is simple and with guidance to do it even faster, I like it because In comparison with other software of this type OpManager performs these operations much faster and more effective, I like that its graphical interface is quite friendly to the users that use it, compared to other tools this is quite simple and orderly, the quality of monitoring it's pretty good, it has export reports, this option is excellent for reporting, I like the way each report is separated to each device and specific function, they are quite detailed, the graphs of the monitored network interfaces and interfaces are excellent shows in real time everything that is happening in the network, the function of flow control is very good because you can know that ispositive is consuming more bandwidth than another and in what types of protocols or applications are being used, are really spectacular features that are very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

really OpManager has not given me the reasons to have a negative criticism with him, has everything I need so far, I have been able to monitor the network of my company and that of my clients, I have also been able to monitor the physical state of my servers, configuring the alerts to be more aware of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been using OpManager for a long time and I have loved it and I recommend it completely, it has free versions with limitation of up to 10 devices to monitor, it has very affordable paid versions and with more advanced features, the support provided by the company is quite good I do not have no complaint, is 24/7, within any network monitor this is the right one for any company, completely recommended

OpManager is the solution that has found me to keep my entire network and my clients monitored, with this story with different monitoring parameters, alerts both in the OpManager interface and via email, so I can keep you informed of the status of my red

Joseph M.

"A perfect network monitoring software"

What do you like best?

OpManager is a powerfull tool easy to setup and even easier to use, the set up dosn`t take more than 30 minutes, and it feel like a out of the box solution for networks monitoring.

With OpManager we are able of keep track of any alarm on all our physical and virtual servers, no matter the operative system that is running, OpManager just need the credentials for that machine or device, and in a few minutes you can start to see relevant information about your enviroment.

Right now, our infrastructure is not so big, and we are monitoring a few servers and network devices, but OpManager fit perfectly to our needs, because let us know what is really happening with our network

With the network devices, right know we are able to see netflow data of two network interfaces, but OpManager let us monitor a lot more.

Something that i really like is that if you don`t know how to configure Netflow in your router, OpManager can do it for you, just provide OpManager with the device credencials and it will take care of that with zero complications.

OpManager is very scalable and fits perfectly to any small business or large enterprise.

What do you dislike?

I don`t know if does not exist that feature, but i can`t find the way to backup the OpManager configuration automaticaly, they have a documented process in thier website, but is a manually process and leave margin for a human error.

It should improve or add that feature in next releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the trial version first that will give you 30 days with unlimited features, then you can see if fits to your needs.

OpManager is allow us to have a full view of all our devices in our network, and be aware of any issue that can come out.

Angel C.

" OpManager an excellent solution for device monitoring"

What do you like best?

OpManager is a tool that helps monitor devices not only network but servers, desktop computers and even domain users, I really like the tool because it is very easy to use, has a very simple and intuitive graphical interface which does not complicated when going to the different menus that the tool has, has options for Discovery, monitoring, Netflow and NCM, meets many expectations as it saves a lot of work and also helps in detecting network saturation and netflow data that will allow to know the applications protocols and most visited addresses, I am also very pleased with the reports that can be given by the tool since it saves the work of generating reports manually, they are very modifiable to the conveniecia of the administrator.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about the tool, is that despite having a large series of features and have a very simple graphical interface, you should consider studying a lot because it has too many configurations and features to exploit, if you want to get the most out of them you should study the tool very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

my recommendation with this product is only to study it very well, since it complies with all the characteristics of a network monitor, simple, detailed, with good reports, excellent price.

I use the tool to offer it to clients as network and server monitoring, which is an excellent solution, I train its administrators to give it the best use and thus have the network completely monitored.

ramon b.

" monitoring with OpManager"

What do you like best?

Among all the device and network monitoring tools, this has been the best one that adapts to the needs of the company, since it is very easy to use and install it, it has a wide coverage of the devices that can be scanned with the option to keep it monitored with several sensors, the options of the reports is very helpful since they are very well detailed and help to generate very useful component reports.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this tool is its free version since there is very little that it offers and they take away too many monitoring options, it does not save the netflow data but more than 1 hour and it is not so real time that is what is really needed for better monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good tool to keep the entire network monitored, since it fulfills many functions, it also has help site, good support, many configuration options that you must learn to use for that you must learn in your webinar or in the study forums.

Melina A.

"Quality monitoring"

What do you like best?

It seems to me that the monitoring and monitoring reports are of high quality, really accurate and always maintaining excellence. In general terms, it has tools that comply with the characteristics and requirements to properly use the software.

What do you dislike?

It has all the corresponding tools to manage effective monitoring, with excellent functions. However it is easy to understand everything, it takes a lot of patience to understand the functionality correctly and how everything should be configured, so that the final result is as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Step by step performs a follow-up and monitoring that provides the possibility of evaluating different aspects of your work. I already tried it and it worked, try to use it.

Mainly the monitoring has benefited us in carrying out a constant follow-up to the different servers that we manage and with this to take control of the unfolding and development that it takes. It is an excellent tool that gives us great possibilities for progress, improving the quality of work, time and money invested.

brian s.

"Monitor and manage infrastructure easily with OpManager"

What do you like best?

OpManager the best tool to have monitored the network at any time of the day, has a facility of configuration and implementation, I like it because it is a tool that keeps me informed at any time about the status of any device that has been added to it.

I like it because the alarm system is practically immediate, I also like to have netflow exports which helps me to visualize the use of bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any disagreement with OpManager, this tool is quite useful and has met all my needs and has always been available, its features and functions are quite reliable and it is a tool that can be applied to any type of infrastructure. it is quite useful to find faults in the network and always be aware of the same

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a tool that should not be lacking in any infrastructure, it really is an application that I would recommend to any network administrator, monitoring the infrastructure with OpManager is really easy, it is a simple application to implement and use, it has trial versions, besides a free version and its paid version is quite accessible. This application I recommend completely for any infrastructure.

Currently with the tool is implemented in various networks which gives us a view of internet links, and the physical states of each of the devices such as Switch, Router, Access Points and servers, also helps us verify the data netflow that are exported from a router or firewall and this gives us a better visualization of incoming and outgoing data, I also see the consumption of bandwidth.

Jean M.

"One of the best monitoring solutions"

What do you like best?

ManageEngine has done a great job with OpManager, since it has an interface that is very intuitive for each of the users that use it.

The implementation of the tool does not take more than a few minutes, and anyone with a basic knowledge can perform the installation without complications.

The start-up will be as complex as your network infrastructure is complex, and how many network devices and servers you want to monitor with the tool.

To add the devices to monitor, has an assistant that makes this task is much less cumbersome than with other existing applications in the market.

Something I really like about OpManager is that its monitoring system is based on devices and not on sensors, which is much better suited to my needs than other existing solutions that I have tried before.

What do you dislike?

If it is installed with a WID database, errors sometimes occur, which have led me to have to perform the restoration of all the complete configuration that was implemented.

The backup process of the configurations is not automatic, this would greatly facilitate the opmanger administration process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The most advisable is that they try the test version which has all the features that the tool offers, in the same way they can request a free demonstration, which will allow them to know the tool much better.

If you decide to buy OpManager, at the time of implementation it is recommended that you have all the credentials of the devices you wish to monitor, this will facilitate and greatly speed up the implementation of the solution.

With OpManager I can perform a proactive monitoring of my network, with a minimum effort, being able to dedicate myself to other activities that may be presented to me.

Mohamed Hamdy E.

"Opmanager professional monitoring servers and network"

What do you like best?

I am using opmanager since 3 years really powerful monitoring software from ManageEngine company,

It has a lot of features and tools for monitoring, i integrated with ManageEngine ServiceDesk desk plus to open tickets automatically once alerts notified. You can receive email or sms in case critical or failed servers, service, url,process or network devices

It has powerfull dashboard for monitoring. Also a lot of addon like application monitoring and netflow

What do you dislike?

It is not simple to configure it is somehow complex

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this sofware to monitor your environment

Monitoring servers, services and network devices

AC
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Great program, But a learning curve is included"

What do you like best?

I love the program overall. It allows for a fairly easy way to view Netflow exports(and some others that I don't use). As with all of Manageengine's products there is a free trial which is a good thing. Overall, the program does what it says it does and that is to give you a single interface to be able to monitor network traffic flow that is as complex or simple as you want.

What do you dislike?

The new UI is a bit confusing to get around in, especially if you are used to the old one. I still find myself at times missing the old UI. However, this is in no way a deal breaker on the application. I figure if that is all I can come up with for a negative, then I don't really have anything to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the trial before you buy. Spend some time with the program. If you have questions ask their support line.

We operate a wide spread WAN that deals with a lot of employees working on various job functions and projects. At times reports come in of slow network connectivity. This application has proven invaluable in being able to track down the issues and getting them corrected as quickly as possible.

Edin H.

"Opmanager - Monitoring solution that suits the most infrastructures.."

What do you like best?

when you get hold of it, you can do pretty much lot of stuff. like the possibility to trigger workflow from event.

What do you dislike?

updates sometimes can mess up things, but support do resolve it

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Opmanager can meet 85 % of your monitoring needs. Also on daily basis there are new device templates uploaded that provide in depth status of your devices.

Monitoring is crucial thing in IT, and opmanager do it good.

Caroline S.

"Monitoring of easy implementation and effectiveness"

What do you like best?

Monitoring with a fairly stable performance, has an incredible interface with very complete tools.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit complicated monitoring work and all the detailed configuration that involves monitoring the first data. It is a bit complex to understand everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very good, useful and excellent software to work in data monitoring. It helps to understand the problems that maybe you are trying to solve, totally recommended.

It has been very useful to monitor the servers that we are starting, with this we do a monitoring and a deep monitoring of its performance, we can also have detailed analysis of the network and with this perform a work of excellence.

UP
User in Plastics

"Decent network/server monitoring system for a good price"

What do you like best?

OpManager is a really good monitoring tool that is fairly inexpensive. It can monitor just about any device that supports SNMP or WMI. It also has native support for vSphere, so that you can monitor both the virtualization host and the virtual computers being hosted. It comes with extensive monitoring capabilities for a wide range of network infrastructure equipment, servers, operating systems, and server-based applications built-in. For example, if you tell OpManager that you want it to monitor your Microsoft Exchange server, it automatically understands many things about Microsoft Exchange and gives you a wide range of email server specific monitoring choices. The same is true for Active Directory Domain Controllers, a number of database platforms and more.

In addition, if you want to monitor a device that is not included natively with OpManager, you can download the SNMP MIB file, import it into OpManager and setup a custom profile.

OpManager also provides a number of way to react to conditions that it may encounter when monitoring. You can setup different threshold levels, and setup the response for how it should react.

OpManager provides a number of methods for providing you with notifications when a threshold level has been met/exceeded. It supports email, paging, and more, as well as notifying a group of support resources. A challenge with monitoring systems is also how to prevent it from providing too much feedback and burying you with notifications if a problem is not addressed. OpManager provides a nice level of customization and lets you set how frequently you want to be notified during a situation, as well as giving you the option to have it turn off notifications automatically once the situation has been resolved.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little confusing when you let it scan through a range of network addresses and have it automatically setup what it finds. It may pick the wrong monitoring profile for some devices that can be monitored multiple ways. For example, it may setup and Active Directory Domain Controller or an Exchange server as a normal Windows server. When this happens, you have to delete the device it setup from OpManager and manually add it as the type of server that you want monitored.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A trial version of OpManager can be downloaded so that it can be tested in your environment. Use the automatic scan method to add network infrastructure devices and servers. But for the servers, you may need to go in after the fact and delete the device from OpManager and manually re-add it with the type of profile with which you want the server monitored (such as MS SQL server).

A lot of businesses try to run their IT environment fairly lean in terms of support staff. Our company is no exception. To make this work, it is crucial to have a good monitoring system that will automatically notify you before an issue becomes critical. OpManager has been very useful in this area. We can monitor a large number of systems without having to manually login and check for problems. Instead, OpManager notifies us when a problem is forming and gives us the chance to react before they impact our end users.

Abdallah E.

"integrated network management "

What do you like best?

manage servers and network devices

Reporting

Cisco NBAR reporting

Network Configuration Management

Fault and Performance Management

Data Center Management

What do you dislike?

not found dislike .....

want feature

want to monitor IOT

want add icon server like vsio icon on rack view

Recommendations to others considering the product:

want feature

want to monitor IOT

want add icon server like vsio icon on rack view

tell me by notification any problem on network

"Great tool nut requires lots of tweaking"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, UI is pretty clean for a monitoring tool.

What do you dislike?

Trying to figure out a "good" combinations of options and triggers can take a lot of time

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have lots of patience settings up the alerting. You can flood your mailbox very easily if you keep things at default reporting levels. Expect to spend a lot of time tweaking

Network Monitoring and alerting. Email alerts for down systems and switches help to identify problem areas in our infrastructure

Michael S.

"Great for monitoring - go great with the other ManageEngine Products"

What do you like best?

the monitoring reports UI jumps out at you when they need.

What do you dislike?

some the UI is a bit outdated-looking - not a bog deal functionally though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use other ManageEngine products such as ADManager, and they are great as well... seems like a solid company that understands the problems that their customers are trying to solve.

We have a monitor up with the map view of our data-centers across the US. Super helpful since we do business in most time-zones.

Eddie R.

"Opmanager for affordable network monitoring"

What do you like best?

Reliable network monitoring withough breaking the bank.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Opmanager is the level of detail that needs to go into managing the first set of data to be monitored. If it’s a windows server for example you then have to dice deep into what services you would like.

Needed reliable in house network monitoring for our multiple campuses and servers.

"User friendly monitoring tool lacking some basic functionality"

What do you like best?

Interface is very easy to use, allowing for a quick indication of what needs to be addressed.

What do you dislike?

Can't ignore false positives due to temporary spikes in usage, should be a basic feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are updating their software regularly, so if they add a few basic features it could be great.

Grouping multiple monitoring tools into one interface - using the automated scripting tool to perform basic tasks without user intervention.

"About the ManageEngine product"

What do you like best?

I liked a best part of Manage Engine OPManager performance monitoring

What do you dislike?

I dislike the database fetching speed on the dashboard

We are using OPManger for network analysis and monitor of the performance.

Jack H.

"It was great it performed awesome"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use great interface and fun

What do you dislike?

I did not really dislike anything at all

It is helping me with time and opened more hours

AH
Administrator in Hospitality

"Easy Implementation with a feature rich catalogue, support needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Its agent less monitoring is really helps to avoid the unnecessary client installation

What do you dislike?

Its Api , it needs performance improvement as it is not stable. Support also needs improvement

Managing remote and local servers and network devices

"ManageEngine"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was for our team to navigate between our needs with creative services and our Digital Ops team.

What do you dislike?

If I switched in a different tab over to creative, it would think it was in creative all the way across and not save my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely

Synching up all of our systems and becoming more user friendly,

"Manage engine provide reports on tasks done and status"

What do you like best?

simplify AD management and provide seriously reports on tasks and their status

What do you dislike?

I think this programa could be more complex and deep with more options and posibilitará.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It could be a more complex programa with more options.

You can design templates to manage all Active Directory account creation and processes.

AM
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Great Monitoring Software"

What do you like best?

The older versions seems to work better but it is great to alert to problems before the users notice them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to get a clean system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Newest version still needs some work but still a very nice product.

Notifications of problems like hard drive usage, processor, and memory issues. Servers and devices that stop responding and network problems.

"Great review "

What do you like best?

ManageEngine OpManager primarily focuses on infrastructure management, but also gives IT ... Customizable user interface even more visually pleasing thanks to updates done since our last review.

What do you dislike?

Nothing this company exceeds expectations

The best monitoring solution for faster and smoother network management

Learning about ManageEngine OpManager?

* We monitor all ManageEngine OpManager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.