Smartbnb Reviews & Product Details

Smartbnb Overview

What is Smartbnb?

Smartbnb is the property management solution that centralizes all your properties in one convenient dashboard and automates communication with guests, yet sounds totally human. Trusted by the owners of and managers of 167,818+ properties in 140+ countries. Benefits: - Win more bookings by offering an excellent experience to your guests. - Get more and better reviews by automating the process. - Respond to guests’ questions instantly without moving a finger. - Win your time from routine by automating team management tasks. - Forget about double bookings and other cross-platform issues. Features: - Messages automation. Our AI will recognize guests’ questions and answer them on your behalf. We’ll cover the whole journey from pre-booking questions to a “thank you, come again” note. Your guests will never guess they were texting with a robot thanks to a magnitude of templates, customization options, and your canned responses. - Reviews automation. We will submit your guest review at the right time based on the star rating you want to assign. We will remind the guest to leave their review if they haven’t done so. - Team management. Assign tasks to your cleaners and assistants, and send reminders by email or SMS. There’s no room for human error – all communication will be accurate and timely. - Synchronize your reservations. View all your Airbnb and Vrbo bookings in one dashboard. Double-bookings are technically impossible now. - Single inbox. See and manage all your messages from Airbnb and Vrbo in one window. Keep the communication history of returning guests

Smartbnb Details

Smartbnb is the short-term rental management solution that centralizes all your properties in one convenient dashboard and automates communication with guests, yet sounds totally human. Trusted by the owners and managers of 227,000+ properties in 140+ countries.

Smartbnb
2016
Tallinn, Harjumaa

Smartbnb Screenshots

Smartbnb Reviews

Showing 66 Smartbnb reviews
Already have Smartbnb?
Co Founder
What do you like best?

Smartbnb is a must have. For the price, you save literally hours every week not having to worry about sending guests check-in instructions, etc in a timely manner. It’s already scheduled for you & sends out automatically, with the ability to customize it to your business. And the smart answers to common questions is a life saver!

You can also automate your reviews which saves a lot of time in itself and lets you create as many review templates as possible that it chooses from so it’s never the same review if you don’t want that.

Smartbnb has helped us upsell orphan nights by sending an automated message out to let guests know if they would like to extend their stay for a discount, it truly does pay for itself! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it saves so much time and has helped boost our business to the next level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Answers to common questions, the ability to delay a potential bad review to the very last second of the 14 day review period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Their constant willingness to improve their product, their partnership with customers during the pandemic, and their availability. Getting the support needed is like no other. The data they provide is useful, imperative, and necessary. The user interface is logical, easy to use, and easy to understand. Anyone can use their platform, including me. The variety of data they provide is like no other. I can really get granular with my bookings and sites to make adjustments and improvements. Without them, I'm lost in the dark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A limited number of platforms they currently sync with and they are currently working on integrations. Their smart bot and accuracy sometimes will need some tweaking. I have noticed that every now and then it will randomly respond to something that does not apply. However, when that I happens, I point it out to Smartbnb and they immediately look into it, resolve it for future instances, and respond back to me with the resolution. Very few companies respond back with the result of the resolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer a referral code, so find someone to support. They have videos to show you how to start, even if you get stuck and they're always upgrading their site. If you see a need, let them know. They are reachable via chat on their site or their email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Whenever there is an automation issue, either an automatic response being sent when it's not supposed to or when something does not get generated. I send the issue over their chat and someone will respond and look into it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Smartbnb allows me to respond to guests anytime! It allows me to send recommendations on a schedule based on the guests reservation and request a review (and capture the review for us!) This platform has increased our revenue even during covid. We have more repeat guests, have a over 90% occupancy on our 3 active listings and have retained out superhost status with the support of this platform. I highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This platform, like any platform, requires some learning on the users part. I spend time learning by doing monthly. I highly suggest you use the personalization features and test the communication with your guests to see how you can improve their experience through suggestions for activities, updated take out recommendations and more. Don't just use the auto/canned responder! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

-Inexpensive guest solutions

-increase revenue automatically

-increase reviews

-increase the WOW factor of your guests

-Intergrate's with airbnb and VRBO Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can sleep and run my other businesses without constantly reviewing my app to make sure I am responding faster. Also, When I pre approve a guest it let's them know automatically if that pre approval is running out and asks of they want me to extend the pre approval for them. How cool is that? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Service Manager
What do you like best?

We have been hosting for 3 years now and ever since we started using Smartbnb it has been a complete game changer in our business. The smart automatic messaging saves so much time for us (literally hours every week) while also answering your guest’s questions and giving them information right away! I have guests rave about how much we communicate which with Smartbnb it’s a breeze too! Plus the automatic reviews also saves you so much time but still gives you the option to edit any reviews before it’s sent out! This has allowed us to grow our existing units into some of the top in our market as well as give us more time to expand to host more units. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Their customer service is extremely helpful and thorough! They will answer any question you have and hands down one of the best customer service departments I have ever interacted with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Smartbnb solves most guest questions bu sending them an automatic reply after it detects the question. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Smartbnb contains a lot of features to make sure your customers get automated replies to standard questions at various moments in the reservation process. It also helps the customers as they get instant replies, personalized and on topic. Easy for reservation, check-in, check out reminders, and even thanks you's afterwards. For me, this is the key tool to use, and making sure you spend time on the things that matter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Very happy with the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it. There will be no way back. It's an easy automation tool and honestly, I couldn't live without it anymore. Handling several reservations per week, Smartbnb takes the work out of your hands and lets you focus on other important tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Instant reply to reservations. Even if they come from other timezones.

Automated check-out reminders. Super-fun & easy.

Customers even reply as the emails can be personalized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We're able to manage many rentals at the same time without having to worry about who has recieved what. We've used it to send welcome emails, thank you emails, review follow ups, and more. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd love an integration with booking.com, vrbo, glamping hub, etc. We'd also love something with integrated booking solution. We would have used this software to manage our team, but there wasn't enough ability to make custom rules (ie assign specific people certain days of the week automatically). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy, VERY affordable way to scale and automate your business. THIS IS IT! Worth every penny because of the time it saves, and the customer satisfaction it creates. 10/10 would recommend to a friend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Missing certain messages from and to guests. Guests have loved our consistent and responsive messaging. It ensures our guests have the info they need, when they need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

From my experience, it seems that pricing, reviews, and response time are super important for getting your listing at the top of the search results on Airbnb. I have great reviews so if my listing is priced right, at least one of my listings shows up at the top of the results. Smartbnb made that possible by significantly improving my response time and sending my autoresponse to all inquiries within about 1 minute. Smartbnb also saves me countless hours of time in sending automatic messages for every step of the process: inquiry, booking, travel tips, check-in message, check-out message, and review request. I also have my listings on VRBO/HomeAway and Smartbnb integrates seamlessly with both platforms. It is super valuable and I'm so grateful to have software that has boosted my listing to the top of search engine results and saves me so much time in messaging throughout the booking process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Smartbnb works beautifully so nothing really. Whenever I have an issue, their support team has been phenomenal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend other hosts to use Smartbnb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficient, automatic messaging enables for more bookings from better search engine results and saves me time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love SmartBnB, I've been using the service for three years. I use it to automate my communication with 4 AirBnB listings. I have 5.0 Communication Ratings across the board! I don't attempt to hide the automated nature of my communication -- what SmartBnB allows me to do is provide an answer to every question under the sun, up front, so that during the reservation I can focus on acknowledging the personal experience of my guests. The service has changed my life by releasing me from micromanaging my reservations throughout the day. I have 100% confidence that my system will always run smoothly. I can travel, go out of cell range, live my life! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything to dislike. The service does exactly what I need it to. When I figured out I could send a picture with my message, I really solved problems! No more guests parking in the wrong spot, no more guests trying to enter the wrong door! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I took a lot of time on the front end to craft messages for tons of scenarios (Instant Book, Pre Approval, Inquiry, Arrival morning, Check-in time). My guests LOVE the information. They mention it in their reviews -- that their host was very informative and helpful... even from grumpy guests, they can't help but thank me for my communication. Brilliant, I tell you! SmartBnB is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Tutor
What do you like best?

A big time saver that provides a professional and consistent level of service to all my customers. Imagine not needing to reply to customers messaging you from all across the globe and at very different time zones. That as well as the efficiency of sending the most suitable message to a guest based on when they are coming, what number of persons they are coming with, whether they have children, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked with Booking.com as well. There are really no issues with Smartbnb, as most of the time errors from the Airbnb platform itself are the cause of problems in the integration with Smartbnb, but that is not common or frequent enough to really complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make this your first tool to manage Airbnb, as of all tools I've tried it was the most value for money ever.

The increased customer satisfaction and the prompt level of service you provide by using Smartbnb, as well as the efficiency and simplicity provided in using the tool eventually provide you with peace of mind and efficient utilization of your time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Smartbnb will take care of replying to guest inquiries, allowing guests to book, and providing them with the necessary check-in/checkout information in a timely and highly customizable manner.

Smartbnb will also take care of automating reviews, including making sure bad reviews only appear in the very last minute of the two week review period.

It fees like you've programmed the system yourself without being a programmer, that's how customizable it is for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

> Shortcodes and custom shortcodes working in conjunction with the automated messaging creates a very powerful platform in which to customize and automate your vacation rentals.

> The hours it has saved me each week through automation

> Great pricing for my 3 listings.

> Smartbnb has a very responsive team Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. It does take some time to get your custom shortcodes and messaging created. But you can use the messaging and shortcodes that they provide for you without customizing and still be very effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have been extremely happy using Smartbnb for the last 2 years. They continue to add features and actively develop the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solved the problem of a very lacking messaging through Airbnb and VRBO.

The automation and time savings it provides is tremendous. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to get started, very intuitive.

Get comfortable and start customizing as you see fit.

Quick response from customer success team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like a feature to send/blast a custom message to a group of units on demand.

Would like a feature to send a message based on a 3rd party app condition, such as a weather event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improve guest communication, especially for repetitive tasks. I manage 7 apartments and estimate a savings of at least 20 man/hours a week of guest communication time.

For messages which I don't want to fully automate as I prefer to use a personal touch, it allows for a templatized approach, leaving me with 90% of the message ready to be sent.

Plus, it allows me to answer guests when I am not awake! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Partner
What do you like best?

Smartbnb enables me to get rid of the headache that is caused by thinking about the messages or inquiry can reach my email anytime and I need to be there to answer. It is the answer to that. It keeps my communication with my guests seamless and perfect. Smartbnb enables me to answer every single question a guest can ask, I even can get it written upfront. So all in all it saves me a lot of hardwork and time which I can spend doing research stuff regarding expanding my business. I love Smartbnb and highly recommend it to my fellow hosts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish more OTAs are added like Airbnb and VRBO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automating my messages..... Pre-written messages based on keywords like early check in, late check out, WiFi etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mortgage Loan Officer
What do you like best?

Everything seems to always work. We depend on this software and outside of a handful of times Airbnb changed their API, the software always works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-The calendar function on the app needs to include multiple listings at one time.

-On the web app the calendar should show more than 20 listings, having to scroll pages, takes too much time.

-On the calendar when you have a "tag" selected and then you change the month, the "tag" is unselected. It should stay selected. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to set up all of the messaging function and AI features. It will return 10x the time save. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have multiple Airbnb accounts, and the unified inbox, and automatic calendar blocking saves us SO MUCH TIME. The exporting data also is extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I host properties that are in a different time zone. I like it that prospective guests get a response from me, even when I'm sleeping. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's so effortless, that reviews will go out without me editing them for accuracy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the money, as well as the time, energy and effort it takes to set it up. Do it once, and you will save exponential time, energy, and effort on the other side of the setup. Worth every dime! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My guests get a response from me any time of the day or night, allowing me to sleep easier, knowing my response rate isn't being affected when I'm not awake to respond to an inquiry from a perspective guest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can craft messages to guests that automatically get sent, reducing the time spent and keeping my guest’s experience consistent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more separation for team communications. For example if one cleaner cannot do a clean then it would be nice to have an auto message sent to the next cleaner in line instead of only sending it all or none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know how you want your messages to sound and what may be the different variables you need to have in your message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a consistent automated messaging system that reduces the time it takes to message my guests. Using Smartbnb has been a huge benefit to me and to my guests! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the automated messaging capabilities, customizability, and user-friendliness of Smartbnb. I like that I can share information with different team members and customize what is shared. For example, I can share 100% of the information with my partner while only sharing calendar information with the cleaners we use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it worked with Lodgify.

Sometimes I noticed my syncing to other channels is a bit delayed but it's easy to tell when this happens and usually fixes itself. It does default to send you an email every time a message goes out, which can make for a lot of extra notifications, however, you have the ability to turn off notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is so robust, I suggest you plan out time to learn all of the capabilities. It is an expert tool but you need to become an expert on it to fully utilize and make your business system run as smoothly as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I operate multiple short term rental units and keeping on top of the communication is nearly impossible without some automation tool. Smartbnb solves this issue and more with automated messaging tools and AI that even detects questions from guests and replies with the appropriate message. You have complete control over what messages go out, when, and how often. You can even set up team members to give out assignments such as scheduling cleaners. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

SmartBnb is hands down the best channel manager and message automation platform in the market.

• Beautiful and Easy User Interface

• Scalable Platform that can do 1 property to multiple properties

• Uptime

• Flawless Automated Messaging with Artificial Intelligence (AI) Question Detection

• Channel Manager for Airbnb and VRBO

• Easy to Setup and Configure

• Great Responsive Support to Any Questions

• iOS App is easy to use and consolidates messaging

• SmartBnb frequently releases updates many times throughout the week

• Great Product Roadmap to help hosts in the future reduce their time with manual work and more time focusing on growing and scaling their business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

• No Manual Reservations can be put through the platform (but this feature is coming soon)

• Needs Better Dashboards with Analytics – Which months are my best months, which months are my worse months, which month has the highest ADR, which month has the slowest ADR. Which days are always empty, which days should I do promotions on, etc.

• Perhaps a Dashboard That Can Tell Me Listing Ranking

• A Dashboard that can help recommend listing opportunities to me – Did I optimize the listing, Should I lower the minimum night stay, should I allow pets, is there more than 20 pictures

• Faster Integrations with other companies – Beyond Pricing, WheelHouse, TripAdvisor, Houfy, Facebook Marketplace, Booking.com, etc.

• More Manual AI Question Detection – Such as do you have a balcony, are there resort fees, how to use spa, how to use pool, etc. This is a very IMPORTANT feature that reduces my time that I have to spend responding to guests with the same questions.

• No Direct Website Booking Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

• All of the messaging is automated from start of the booking process, all the way to check-in, check-ups, check-out, asking for a review, and guest retainment. I am very busy and I have realized significant time savings by using the platform.

• Artificial Intelligence (AI) Questions – This is one of my most used features of the platform. It is very helpful in saving me time when guests don’t always read the instructions.

• I use the SmartBnb Desktop app (non smartphone) to message guests versus Airbnb.com. It is much easier and I use automated templates where I can click a button and the template is displayed to the guest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to set up, it's coming preconfigured with rules and templates for all I need. The customer support is very responsive and can advise on what's a good idea to do and where to start. For hosts that manage more than a couple of properties, this would save A TON of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more channels, as I was not able to connect my Booking account, but I hear they are building it as we speak (yey!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are slightly afraid of automation or you think this will take the personality from guest communication, it'll be good to talk to them directly and ask for tips on how to 'not sound like a robot' - the tool really allows for that and guests really feel like they are talking to the host. I'm running the business with my parents and they are not tech savvy and they too love it - meaning if they can use it, it deserves a reward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It was taking a lot of time to communicate with guests and answer all the questions they had, some of which were in the listing description. I was able to automate all of that and the amount of messages I need to reply to personally is now extremely low and only in extraordinary circumstances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I have been able to save so much time with Smartbnb. I no longer feel like I need to check my phone as soon as I get a notification, because I know Smartbnb will handle most or all of the questions a guest may have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would like to see is an integration with the management software I use, although I have heard that that integration is in the works for next year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Smartbnb has the ability to recognize certain questions that a guest sends, and can insert the answers to those questions into the middle of an automated response. In addition, I can tell it to only insert that answer during a certain time frame, or only for stays of a certain length, or a number of other parameters. I've never seen a messaging platform with this kind of power! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General Manager
What do you like best?

When the business grew we knew we needed a partner to help us scale. The fast response time on any issue or question that we may have, the messaging tools, and the constant improvement on the service are some of their best qualities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "create a response to a question" feature was removed since the level of customization was super high. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When the vacation rental platforms fail, Smartbnb data is there to help. Without it, we would lose important information when everything else fails. Saving precious time with inquiries from customers and scheduling the team is another way that Smartbnb has helped. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A&P Licensed Mechanic (AME)
What do you like best?

I love that once you set everything up, it will reliably do a lot of the work for you. I've been using it for over a month and it sends all the necessary messages to me and my staff. It makes keeping track of things so much easier. I don't need to constantly be reminded what to tell who to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far its smartbnb has exceeded my expectations so i have nothing to complain about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't need to keep track of all the logistical communications since the system does it for me. I'm free to do other things instead Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The user interface and granularity present in the software makes scheduling messaging and tasks very easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would appreciate some Zapier support/the ability to pass outside information into some of the Smartbnb messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the perfect product to use if you have 1 or more short term rentals! The ability to give guests the right information at the right time is fantastic. The systems ability to also detect questions has made my life much easier in answering repeated questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Smartbnb ensures the every guest receives the same information at the same time. The importance of consistent messaging cannot be understated! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Health Program Specialist
What do you like best?

Streamlined messaging options with a control center like dashboard. There’s lots of options for customization and a companion iOS application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The desktop application is fluid. The iOS app offers a lot of control, but could do well with some streamlining Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Guest communications have never been easier. Smartbnb allows me to respond quickly to all messages without the need for manual intervention. There’s a lot of features embedded that makes it easy to set up new automation across multiple listings/ accounts. The service has Fred up a lot of my time as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it frees up my time and mind from constantly having to send messages at certain times dates etc. Smartbnb keeps track of this things much better than I do allowing me time to do other things. Its even more satisfying when my guest respond to auto messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its not a dislike but I am looking forward to the AI to take over more of my communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

my messaging is on autopilot 80% of the time which it saves me a great deal of time and headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Smartbnb?

Smartbnb Categories on G2