OnPay Reviews & Product Details

OnPay Overview

What is OnPay?

OnPay is designed for people who want to spend more time running their business (and less on back-office tasks). Its award-winning payroll and HR saves business owners over 15 hours a month, and frees them up to focus on the bottom line. "It's an easy, quick, mobile-friendly system that doesn't require a steep learning curve," according to Entrepreneur, and it was also PCMag’s Editors’ Choice. • Run payroll in minutes • Automate all the taxes • Let employees do more themselves • Simplify your HR processes • And offer top-notch benefits in any state It’s just $36 plus $4 per person each month for everything OnPay does — easily the best value among premium payroll providers. The monthly fee includes best-in-class integrations with QuickBooks, Xero, and top time-tracking software, as well as all quarterly and year-end tax filings, and time-saving HR tools. OnPay’s team will even help you get set up by adding prior wages and employee information for you. You can add on integrated benefits, a 401(k) plan, or pay-as-you-go workers' comp.

OnPay Details
Discussions
OnPay Community
English, Spanish

Payroll has never been easier. OnPay™ delivers a simple, modern and affordable solution for payroll.

OnPay sets a new standard in payroll by offering flexible payroll and HR that work for any small business, and backing it up with expert customer service and an error-free guarantee. OnPay is easy to use, it automates all the hard stuff, and there are no sneaky fees or add-ons.

Our clients save almost 15 hours a month compared to handling payroll themselves, and our all-in monthly fee means they save 50% over competitors who offer similar features.

OnPay, Inc.

OnPay Screenshots

OnPay Reviews

Showing 134 OnPay reviews
Already have OnPay?
What do you like best?

I’ve been using OnPay since I opened my small business two years ago. For a business owner who doesn’t know much about HR or payroll, OnPay has been a huge help. It has been so simple to onboard my employees and run payroll every other week. When I have needed assistance I’ve been more than pleased with the help I’ve received through email and the online chat. I highly recommend OnPay to any small business needing a payroll solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far. I’ve been really pleased with the service I get at the price I’m paying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I don’t have any advice to give except to fully consider OnPay for your payroll needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My employees are W2 employees and paying them felt very complicated. OnPay has made it extremely simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ambassador Program Director
What do you like best?

Onpay has great customer service and an easy to navigate platform. I am able to easily search for any employee and see their pay history. Onpay also has an easy export function which has been very useful. The customer service at Onpay is great, any time I need assistance or a question there is always someone available to assist me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing that I needed from Onpay that they were unable to help with. Sometimes when logging into Onpay.com it takes a min or two to load, I have also had this happen when loading all my employees. I am not sure if this is because I have a few hundred employees in their system or if this would also happen with smaller companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Onpay because of their ease of use and their exceptional customer service.

Onpay is a great resource for all payroll needs and keeping track of your employees. There are also many very cool looking features that I have not yet had the chance to try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Onpay has made the payroll process much easier. Onpay collects all employee data i.e. W9, social security number, address etc. They also have an easy and efficient way to export all this data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I just started using OnPay and their platform is excellent. Customer service is what is really impressive. Speak English, understands what I am saying, and provides guidance. The integration part with Quickbooks is really awesome. Works perfectly. Tax filing, benefits administration, all in one place is great. As I onboarded, their team was hands-on attentive, and very patient.

You cannot beat the price point, especially that it offers an HR part to it. Now the Employees feel that even though we are a small company, we are keeping up with automation and they have access to their information anytime they need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much to dislike about the platform or the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend 100% the use of this platform and company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With OnPay I can run payroll quick, efficient, and not worry about the tax fillings. The direct deposit to employees' accounts is a gigantic help. This is a big plus!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Software is user-friendly, intuitive and packed with features. I was even able to add workers comp. Plus, there's an option to export data directly to QuickBooks. Overall, the service is slick and best of all, it won't break the bank. Certainly the best payroll software money can buy. What sets OnPay apart is the customer service- truly above & beyond. They are SUPER responsive. The chat feature is both convenient and effective and the service reps are extremely knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Instructional pop-ups would go a long way to assist navigating the site and the multitude of capabilities- particularly when inputting information for the first pay run…& especially when adding non-hourly employees or atypical payment schedules. Fortunately, the customer service team can help walk-thru the process, answer any questions and help correct any mistakes. But once everything is set up, running payroll is simple, quick & easy. My only other suggestion would be to have informational links that provide instructions how to add the various features, or simply display an overview of the options at your disposal. I continue to find new ways to incorporate their service (i.e. reimbursement, sending out year-end bonuses, etc.). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Added direct deposit for pay checks & streamlined both reimbursement and sending out bonuses. The employees love receiving their pay checks and bonuses via direct deposit - which is great because payroll is completed in a matter of clicks. We've successfully eliminated untold hours of back office, accounting & tax prep utilizing the QuickBooks integration. Plus, we were able to add workers comp which is automatically deducted each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OnPay Payroll rates are very attractive, probably the best rates you will find out there.

OnPay also helped our Company a lot getting starts with them, they uploaded all our employee information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more in-house Health Insurance Agents. In North Carolina the biggest insurer is Blue Cross / Blue Shield but since they do not have a Blue Cross Agent I had to get our company Health insurance for an independent agent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company has been saving a lot of money since we switched to OnPay.

Also, I have a lot more control over our Payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

So many things are great. Their support team responds quickly. The interface is easy to use especially for small and first time business owners. The set up takes you step by step, and easy to follow instructions. It helps businesses know that they are not missing any necessary things (like taxes). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Everything about onpay a functionality and user support is good. The only thing I can’t think of is that it Can’t be used with a VPN Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to pay my employees efficiently. Onpay takes care of the federal and state taxes automatically Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Onpay was so easy to use and they have the absolute best customer service. They have made it so easy to use their service and provide the BEST customer service if you need help along the way. Which, I needed a lot of help. As a small business owner, I am happy with their prices and their great service. You will not regret switching over to them. In my opinion, they are awesome!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to get someone to contact you using the online portal when setting up an appointment, but if you call the number you will get immediate assistance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am very happy I switched over to On pay and do not have any complaints Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had problems with the payroll going out on a specific date. Once everything was set up. It was pretty easy to switch dates to make it work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

OnPay fits my business needs to a t. The few times there were any hiccups, they were right there, responsively, with a solution. I like that I can run payroll when I want to in about 2 minutes. Very convenient. And they're quarterly/annual filings have always been accurate and reliable. Very pleased with OnPay.

Jonathan Stanwood Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

(But they want me to make this 50 characters, so I think I have complied.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am not solving any problems. They provide a needed service at a reasonable cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I don't have to be a payroll expert to use OnPay. It automatically files employment docs like new hire forms and quarterly payroll tax returns. As a California business, I like that it automatically calculates sick pay accrual for my part time employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wasn't sure how the billing cycle initiated after the free trial. I like to know when our account will incur charges in advance. I also wish there was a confirmation when documents are filed with government agencies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a small team, so it's very affordable compared to other more expensive platforms that have bells and whistles our business doesn't need. It stores employee files digitally which is a great feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The support has been great in answering all questions and walking through everything. Additionally the OnPay team answered all my questions prior to determining to use them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I had to say anything, it might be that sometimes it takes a while to get an answer. However the team has always been thorough with their responses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the 30 day trial and go and ask all questions you have. I could not find a question the team could not answer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OnPay is helping eliminate the middle person and working directly with them whenever I am needing assistance or answers to questions. They are also directly filing taxes on our behalf. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OnPay is there when I need them and their personnel are friendly and knowledgeable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have to log out of my VPN before I can do anything with On Pay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm a small company and if you have a small company, don't look at anybody else for Payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to figure out payroll taxes, reporting of the same. I'm in the On Pay portal and out in a very short period of time. My time is valuable to me and with On Pay, I'm not wasting my time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about OnPay is how easy it is to navigate the site. It's easy to run, review, or change payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I have experienced that was a negative with OnPay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OnPay is a great choice for running payroll particularly for a small business! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It takes care of our payroll needs as a small business.It is dependable and affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Quick easy and fast. Helpful support people. This was much much better than another very large payroll provider that starts with a "P". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The written support materials are not sufficient in scope but the support team made up for that problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

less expensive payroll that I could manage without having to take an annoying phone call every two weeks. This is on my schedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That ONPAY takes care of taxes. I love the freedom of not worrying about it. If you have any questions the Online chat is amazing and quick to reply back to you. The reports you need is just a click away with all the details needed or you can customize to what you need on them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing that I dislike at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I did do some research before choosing OnPay. The pricing was much lower than other software programs but they didnt cut corners with their software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Im no longer having late tax payment penalties. I can log in and do payroll from home with the direct deposit set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OnPay has a website that includes everything you need to keep payroll organized, all associated taxes, employees and their hiring details, among many other things. The site is very user friendly and above all, the customer service team is friendly and helpful, and very fast to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing we dislike about OnPay, it truly is a wonderful system and has made this large part of our business easy and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with an OnPay representative to get all your questions answered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OnPay processes our payroll, directly deposited paychecks, withdraws correct amounts for our employers taxes, and has all reports and documents we need for end of year taxes available when we need them. The biggest benefit in having OnPay as part of our business is that we have more time to do other important work and less time spent doing payroll and taxes each week and month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

OnPay keeps my business payroll records in order, which is great for me because I do not have to worry about the records. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I lose interest on my money subtracted out of my business account. But I do understand that OnPay has to make money in order to keep the charge for my services low. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! You will not regret your decision.... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My PPP questions and record keeping. I benefit because my understanding of both has improved significantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like most the simplistic interface and functions provided. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The unemployment insurance is not very clear at the beginning, which can potentially described better from the interface how to set it up properly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used OnPay to take care of my tax filing, unemployment insurance, payroll. I have them all figured out after consulting with the OnPay support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of setup. Many features and very low cost. Exceptional customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Onpay. Fair prices, great customer service and tons of features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Onpay makes setup easy. Nothing really to do except login and send an email to employees for onboarding Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Human Resources and payroll. All simplified. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

Telephone and online chat customer service is awesome. They are fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There is nothing I'm unhappy about. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have been great for my company. I've referred 3 friends to Onpay and all have been happy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The cost savings has been great and their customer support is over the top. I had terrible service issues with my last payroll company, PayChex, and that led me to OnPay. I never thought I would be happy about a payroll company but my last experience was so bad and OnPay has been so good that I actually enjoy doing my payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The customer service was fantastic. It’s also easy to use and reasonably priced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of any downsides to onpay. We are a tiny company but they treat us like a VIP Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t hesitate. We can’t say enough good things about the Onpay experience. Thank you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping our payroll streamlined and our witholdings automatic and accurate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

2 things strike me as best

1. A great, easy to use, interface: took me only a few hours to get setup

2. Support staff for onboarding and additional questions are very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integrations with Quickbooks work very well, once setup.

Initial setup did require some tweaks to my quickbooks accounts and settings in order to map everything correctly and took a few calls to the onpay helpdesk (who helped solve everything) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

complete payroll solution: works seamlessly once setup.

fully integrated with federal and state returns calculation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That it's simple and easy to use for someone like me that isn't an accountant or HR specialist. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much I dislike honestly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very reasonable pricing and don't have to have a payroll person with having use them instead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the software. Help has always been right there when I needed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a little bit of a hard time running my first payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a small company and need a great payroll company OnPay is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a small S corporation. This allows me to run my payroll and file all the appropriate taxes very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

OnPay is very accessible! Online Chat is a very quick way to get in touch with them. Within moments of reaching out to them, I am able to reach a customer service representative and get answers to my questions. They do not transfer you to someone else, they take care of the problem immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They need to clearly show the monthly/quarterly forms that have been filed on their client's behalf. I would find it helpful if there was a location on their site that reflects the actual forms that have been filed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No current issues at the moment. We missed a filing last month, and within minutes OnPay was able to correct the issue and file the forms ASAP. No questions asked. They got right on it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.