Adobe Spark Reviews & Product Details

Adobe Spark Overview

What is Adobe Spark?

Spark makes it easy and fun for everyday communicators to turn their ideas into beautiful visual stories that make an impact. Spark users can create social media graphics, web pages, or videos—from anywhere. Be inspired, create in minutes, get results.

Adobe Spark Details

Adobe Spark is a free online and mobile graphic design app. Adobe Spark is an integrated suite of storytelling applications for the mobile and web

Adobe
$11,171
@Adobe
26,296 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.

Adobe Spark Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Adobe Spark community
Have you used Adobe Spark before?

Adobe Spark Reviews

Showing 225 Adobe Spark reviews
Already have Adobe Spark?
Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

Spark contains a range of premade templates that helps me generate business info-graphics, web and video pages. A personalized dashboard with step by step instructions as to how to create my deliverable. Besides all, the exporting and sharing of the design is really user friendly and quick. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version is available, but the paid version is not available to try. Also, I can not upgrade my free version to premium because no pricing is available right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Spark is ideal for someone who frequently needs to design online with a user-friendly dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Even being free software, Spark is significantly solving my designs related problem online. Now, my designs are more professional and clean; it's easy to create them. It takes less time to create graphics than with other software I've used in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coordinator
What do you like best?

As an employee working in higher education, our institution allowed us to use the Adobe products for free as part of our licensing agreement with Adobe. This included Adobe Spark. If you have a business or paid account for Spark, you are able to add your own logo and use stock images and features that give you more tools to work with. What I liked about it was that the interface and tools are easy to use to generate quick, great-looking posts that even our lower-level (students) employees could learn and use. There is also a great app to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unlike its other competitors (Canva), the sizing and customization of posts is much more limited. Unless you are a pro with the more sophisticated Adobe program, customizing on Spark will be limited in generating content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am quickly learning that Adobe Spark is easy to learn and have been able to quickly teach it to new staff. With a high turnover rate in our office, this is a great tool to use to optimize production. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Head Teaching Assistant - CS 1110
What do you like best?

Adobe Spark is very user-friendly. It does not take much experience at all to be able to make something elegant using their interface. I also really appreciate how easy it is to share the content that you create in Adobe Spark. I am able to easily link my creations to my email newsletter with no difficulty. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is almost no customizability with the free version. This changes with a subscription, but the free version locks you into their preset themes and layouts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend exploring the many template options that Adobe Spark offers. They have so many great options that you can often find something that works well so you don't have to start from scratch. That being said the various types of creative projects are fairly rigid, so finding the type that works best for you before you get too far into the creative process is important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Adobe Spark for writing monthly newsletters for my work. It is a great way to add a modern look to my newsletter. It is really simple to create and elegant and chic design. In some ways the limited options, makes it so that I can quickly create something beautiful as I don't have to deliberate over tons of options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Design
What do you like best?

I like the ease with which one can create various types of infographics with Spark. Its functionalities are entirely based on drag & drop, making it easy & manageable to navigate. The templates they provide with it are handy too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you don't have prior experience using any adobe products, it may require you to learn a few basics before beginning work. Another con is that even though its icon library is substantial, its font library is not tangible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I adore it, as it has been a useful platform that is simple to use and makes it possible for us to create delicate quality designs for posting on our website and social media pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the aspect that it is seamless and entirely free to design and download graphics with Spark. Everything is quickly sizable and elegant due to its drag and drop. You can also use the templates they offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A least favourite aspect of Adobe Spark is that there are copyright watermarks that I must repeatedly turn off to make sure my designs are my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adobe Spark is the most straightforward software to use when it comes to designing infographics and images. We like this tool because it leaps and bounds above the existing drawing tools in the market.

We are using it for all our Facebook videos and Instagram photos, too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

Adobe Spark has been so helpful when it comes to making short, informative video content. The interface is simple to use for easy story-telling. For a topping out party I wanted more than just a slideshow with pictures and I relied on Adobe Spark to be able to craft quick video content and messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a little bit more control with how you could crop and resize images within the layouts, and the option to have an audio-cutter within the software. I also wish it were less complicated to mess with the color theme of your own branding. If you want to use your own music, make sure your audio file starts at the point where you would want it to in your Spark video because it automatically starts the audio from the beginning of the file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are considering purchasing Adobe Creative Suite, this is a fun web-based app that is worth the upgrade. Don't rely on it for heavy editing skills, but it comes in handy quick and effective video and story-telling projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the issue of being able to produce interesting video content with limited resources. When it comes to showcasing a project that we don't have high-quality b-roll of, I can use my image assets in Spark. With Adobe Spark the end result is a polished and trendy video, compared to the amount of time it would take me in Adobe Premiere Pro to get the same (or lesser) result. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

I can easily edit any photo I want to make it pop for social media. It also connects seamlessly to Adobe Stock so I am able to choose between my already owned images. The duplication and resizing options also make it easy to adapt the same photo for different uses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more tools to align text and move items freely. Also some of the images seem to get too compressed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for social media, banners, email images, etc. it has saved me a ton of time making content and the ease of the program makes someone uncreative like myself able to make great eye popping images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications Director
What do you like best?

That you don't have to be a trained graphic designer to create engaging and interesting graphics and easily size them to the social media platforms you use. I also use Spark to create posters, banners, and even print ads and powerpoint slides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it freezes and needs to reboot if you have made a lot of changes to its sample graphics, especially when making videos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Put your logos and other logos you use often (such as social media platform logos) into the logo box. You will save tremendous time later. Brand whenever possible so if you have colors or fonts your business uses regularly, make sure to save those so you can use them in Spark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to produce my graphics in house in shorter time constraints with Spark and the app on my phone allows me to make graphics on the go. Things that would have taken much more time with InDesign now can be accomplished quickly and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Makes it easy to quick put together graphics for social media or merge together video clips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For someone who is very experienced in Adobe Products, I wish there were more capabilities in this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product for people who are new to adobe products, but somewhat infuriating for a design experienced with other adobe products. There are limited capabilities with colors. Great for keeping consistency within your social media posts. Duplicating a project is easy making creating another post with different content in a similar layout really easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Have a lot of tasks on my plate and social media can sometimes seem like an overwhelming task to tackle. Spark makes it easy to jump in to creating content and not having to overthink the sizing for specific social medias. Cloud storage makes everything accessible from any computer/device which makes designing on the go really easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Spark provides professional quality social media content creation for non-designers. It offers a variety of templates and free content (and support for more with a separate Adobe Stock subscription) to allow people with little or no commercial design background to quickly produce slick image based messages tailored to the top social media channels. Even for the professional, the preset sizes and ability to upload corporate identity materials (with a Creative Cloud subscription) support fast turnaround on social collateral for projects. Additionally, desktop and mobile support (Spark is a cloud-based application) provide the flexibility to create "on-the-go" for professional designer and busy social media manager alike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Application is targeted at non-designers so the flexibility is somewhat limited. If one has a paid Adobe Creative Cloud account (I do) then you are able to customize Spark by uploading corporate identity materials, and set a corporate color set. Otherwise, this has to be entered manually each time. The application provides presets which may be frustrating to a professional designer, but it offsets that by being fast, simple, and mobile friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Spark to insure I am getting a consistent brand identity across multiple social media channels. By uploading my logo, company colors, and finding a more or less accurate match for our typefaces, I am able to rapidly generate a post for Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, either on the computer or using my tablet or mobile phone. I am able to import photos taken with my mobile devices immediately and integrate them into an existing template, or create one from scratch. Primarily I am using Spark to create visual content for Instagram, where the message is in the image. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use Adobe Spark to quickly and easily put together visuals for social media posts for my company and my clients. It is clean, easy to understand, and has many premade included layouts (with more added all the time). Even for the most novice designer or an intern with no design background can put together a post in minutes. I love the branding capabilities that allow for preloaded colors and logos, and the ability to upload my own photos/fonts/etc. I use Adobe Spark daily, and have recommended it to clients that do their own social media management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it is similar to a simplistic version of Adobe InDesign, there are limitations to what you can do with it. But that isn't what I would consider a bad thing - it does what it is made for very well. If there was some sort of program with a mid-range functionality between the two, it would be perfect for my needs, but that said, I still consider Spark to be a fantastic program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It solves the need for a program that allows quick customizable post graphics for social media, and also the need for a program that has an extensive online library of premade templates for posts. Although I personally have never submitted a post to a social media platform from Spark directly, I know it is something it is capable of doing as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Support Representative
What do you like best?

I like that Spark has templates that enable you to prepare a design that will fit any size of social media posts from Facebook and Instagram to LinkedIn and Twitter. It also allows you to intuitively design collages, cards, and announcements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When creating collages, you have to select from prebuilt templates that don't give you as much flexibility as you might like. In other words, Spark does not give you the freedom to easily deviate from its prebuilt layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using a trial version, and want to remove the spark branding from your finished product, you must purchase a paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am designing graduation announcements, personalized holiday greetings, and wedding announcements. I am also using it to create headers for social media platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Intuitive user interface that comes with many template options ready to edit and use

It is obvious that the main purpose of the program is to create social media content fast without a steep learning curve

The content creation capabilities include tools for very rudimentary video editing which are probably better suited for IGTV or FB Stories Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ability to connect to dropbox feels a bit more complicated than it should be

The cloud based nature of the app means that if high speed internet is not available, it will be a painfuly slow process to get much done Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Perfect for beginner digital content creators

My 70 year old mum learned how to use it in a couple of hours and because it backs up automatically, she wasn't afraid of making mistakes while she was learning it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've solved the problem of having to get to my desk to load Photoshop to create content

The ability to create content easily from a phone is a welcomed feature that allows me to start creating wherever it's convenient for me to do so Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Usar la plataforma es muy fácil. no es necesario tener habilidades de diseño gráfico para hacer un diseño con nivel profesional. Los formatos establecidos por default en mi panel de creador han sido de ayuda para hacer más eficiente mi labor, me brinda los tamaños adecuados para publicar en cada plataforma, además no consume recursos de mi computadora ya que todo se realiza a través de un sitio web, por lo que puedo trabajar en la plataforma incluso en los dispositivos más básicos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hasta el momento he utilizado mi cuenta de adobe spark sin ningún problema, todo ha funcionado perfectamente. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es útil, especialmente para las personas como yo que tienen conocimientos básicos de diseño gráfico, incluso puede ser de gran ayuda para los diseñadores con experiencia pues he sido testigo de que su tiempo de trabajo se reduce y logran resultados igual de espectaculares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

En ocasiones la carga de trabajo del equipo de diseño es elevado, adobe spark me permite realizar la mayoría de los diseños que surgen de imprevisto, esto incluye las publicaciones en redes sociales, posters e incluso videos cortos interactivos, adobe spark también me ayuda a realizar bosquejos para que el equipo creativo pueda dar vida a las ideas de la estrategia que planteo, esto hace que la carga de trabajo del equipo disminuya considerablemente. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Puedo trabajar en linea y es muy rápido, obtener un diseño para redes sociales es muy fácil, las medidas son precisas y los elementos tienen el tamaño ideal para evitar que demore al subirse, de igual forma lo he utilizado para editar clips pequeños y puedo guardarlos en diversos formatos para utilizarlo en el medio que necesite, es una herramienta muy completa, no hay necesidad de procesar después de exportar en otros software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Aunque es una plataforma versátil y cómoda de usar, no me permite publicar el contenido directamente en redes sociales, es necesario descargar los archivos y publicarlos de forma manual, podría mejorarse la experiencia de usuario si al menos se permitiera esta funcionalidad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Las personas deberían probarlo si aún no lo hacen, es múy útil si tienen un negocio o prestan servicios como community manager, les hará su trabajo más fácil debido a la rápidez con la que permite diseñar en diferentes formatos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ha sido más fácil crear post para redes sociales en múltiples tamaños utilizando un mismo formato, algo que me tomaría mucho más tiempo realizándolos de forma individual en otros software de diseño, además me ofrece algunas plantillas prediseñadas, que son de mucha utilidad cuando mi creatividad no es la mejor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

It's really easy to use, add music, and transactions. It also has great export feature that can go right into facebook. The user interface and templates also provide great starting points for your video. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit slow to use and when processing videos, but that is to be expected. Also it is lacking more advanced features. But that's okay -- it's meant to be a simple app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out! It's fun to use and really cool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it to creating small marketing videos to post on social media and our newsletter to promote our programs to customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The top useful feature of Adobe Spark is that it as a 'Brands' tab through which one can add custom brand color and logo to be used on designs and creations. Besides, it is also possible to store, share, and receive designs through its 'Projects' tab. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Designing infographics and animation videos through its mobile app is challenging due to the small screen size, so its mobile app is almost useless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating a post for social media to craft any presentation files online and share it with colleagues and clients in real-time is very useful with Adobe Spark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

1. The huge amount of free stock photos to choose from

2. Easy to choose the size you need

3. Perfect for social media images

4. The ability to add GIF stickers and animations

5. The suggested designs/fonts/colors that appear when you first choose your image

6. The design wheel to help decide what style to use

7. I can post directly to social media from the Spark App

8. Animations include fonts and moving the image itself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. The lack of font choices

2. The shapes behind the fonts are oddly enormous and oftentimes go off the image.

3. Animations sometimes export with poor quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good for those who are not designers because it is so easy to use. But designers can use the app as well for a quick fix that still looks professional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems:

1. The pattern backgrounds take forever to load and sometimes repeat designs as if it can't load properly

2. The pattern backgrounds also don't filter very well and I get mismatched results

3. Animations export at poor quality for some reason.

Benefits:

1. Takes minutes to make a post/image

2. Really good design suggestions (font, color, etc)

3. Can find almost any type of stock photo so I don't have to import it into the app

4. Anyone can use Spark, they don't need design experience or education.

5. There is a library in-app so I can keep track of my designs rather than getting lost in my camera roll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Training and Compliance
What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use! I make short videos and this has been life-saving in editing! It makes things quick and easy! I need that in my job! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I may have been confused, but I wish there was a computer app as I used it in the browser? I was not a fan of this. It is not like the other adobe programs that I use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love how I have been able to make and edit short videos and get them onto social media quickly! This helps get our name out there! It is of utmost importance that I use a software that helps me get the job done quickly as I have many other jobs to complete Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

simplicity in creating designs on mobile devices, the options you have inside is very useful to edit or create posts with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

limited fonts to have, specially arabic fonts, you can import only from adobe library which doesn't have that much of font variations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

get the premium version, it gives you whole new level of experience with advanced design tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

fast content creation on the go, it helps me post more content on my profiles, with pre built templates, or even you can edit your own photos in a fast and smooth way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

It's a user-friendly app that allows you to create a cool video quickly and easily. I liked having the ability to write on the video as well as add music from a range of tracks and songs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At the time I used it, there was no save or draft option. One time, I spent 30 minutes creating a video and lost it. Also, I used a different app prior to this and liked it better so there was no real reason for me to switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems solved with Adobe Spark include the ability to create a movie quickly while adding features like sound effects and music to enhance the video. All of this can be done mobily which saves time from downloading to a computer and uploading to desktop software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Adobe Spark is a creative and great platform for designing and editing anything you are looking to create. Useful for a variety of things including Greeting cards, fliers, e-invitations, photos and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything other than wishing there were a larger selection of fonts although you can draw your own too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to complete designs and edits within a short amount of time and meet deadlines is one of my favorite aspects of the Adobe Spark program. Even if you have no experience in Adobe it’s simple to learn how to use. Trying different features had shown me that it is sophisticated and useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.