QuarkXPress Reviews & Product Details

QuarkXPress Overview

What is QuarkXPress?

QuarkXPress 2020 is a leading Digital Publishing platform. Designers, artists, and even novices use QuarkXPress 2020 to create and publish rich, compelling materials for print, the Web, e-readers, tablets, and other digital media. With QuarkXPress 2020, you can focus on what you love the most. Walking into the Digital.

QuarkXPress Details
Czech, Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

QuarkXPress is a design and layout tool for print and digital publishing professionals.

QuarkXPress offers Multi-Channel Publishing. Users can design for print media sticking to particular page size and the application allows the user to quickly convert the print version into digital publications like Kindle eBooks, Flipbooks, and PDFs. Further, users can also publish to iOS and Android devices and the publications can adapt to multiple device sizes.

Users can import published multi-page PDFs into QuarkXPress, edit each object of the PDF as per the design needs and then export the edited publication to any target Print / Digital output media. This feature is very unique and increases the productivity of the designer multiple times.

QuarkXPress takes a big leap to allow users to build responsive web pages by simply assembling pre-designed template blocks to create beautiful web designs. The ability to preview web designs with a flexible canvas allows users to see the WYSIWYG web browser experience.

Quark

QuarkXPress Screenshots

QuarkXPress Reviews

Showing 246 Quark reviews
Already have QuarkXPress?
What do you like best?

QuarkXPress, versions from 2016 onward that I have been using, have already been on the leading-edge of digital publishing innovation, recently including Flex layouts and progressive web app capability. But, the latest release QXP 2020 16.1.2 has gone beyond this by adding an exceptional, new HTML5 custom interactivity feature. As an eLearning content developer and creator of interactive web apps, coded in HTML, JavaScript and CSS, focused on stress reduction and behavioral healthcare, this new feature allows me to create, size and position a custom HTML frame and add script, layout, etc. All within the QXP GUI. When exported, the frame flawlessly displays the animation, essentially embedding a fully functioning interactive web app into the published screen. In my opinion, this is a quantum leap forward for digital publishing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Having been a QXP user since 2016 through multiple versions, I have become very familiar with the GUI, but this has been for me a steep learning curve. With complex and full capabilities comes a complex and deep bench of options, dialogs, controls, customization needing mastery. Sometimes requiring the support of other users and support engineers on the forum, who have been generous with their help and quickly responsive. But, make no mistake: this is a professional-level tool requiring dedication and patience to learn. Happily, the result of diligent effort to learn QXP is rewarded by professional output. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Willingness to take the time to learn how to use the large feature set, navigate the GUI. Advanced features like HTML5 Custom Interactivity require some knowledge of coding in HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During challenging times, with many people needing help to reduce stress, maintain/improve their health, while maintaining social distancing, has made online delivery of helping information critical. QXP's extraordinary digital publishing capability, coupled with the latest HTML custom interactivity features, provides a top-flight tool to strengthen technology-assisted care delivery. Providing this help is a complex and challenging undertaking. QXP offers a full feature set to make this possible. These features, plus further innovations by Quark as a forward-leaning company to be added in future releases, provide enduring solutions as we transition to more web-based behavioral healthcare delivery, over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I've been using Quark Xpress for over 20 years, since before its major competitors existed. It does everything I need it to do, has rich features for implementing and adding non-destructive filters to images, saving me a step of going to a photo editing tool. It can export web an email-ready images and PDFs which are perfect for offset printing. I keep discovering advanced features in it (even after all these years) that help with my workflow. I can't imagine doing graphic design without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I work on a Mac and annually I'm not able to join the excitement of updating to the new version of Mac OS when it's released because Quark takes a few extra weeks to update its software to confirm conpatibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of having to use multiple apps to create the types of media I need is solved as I can do everything within the one app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I’ve been QuarkXPress since 2.5. I love the control over every element, the intuitive use of tools, and the ability to key stroke just about every facet of using the program. It is my primary document development program and word processor.

I have been an avid user to the point where I taught Beginner through advanced QuarkXPress in a graphic design program for a college. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since I have been using it since early 90s, I have a lot of old documents that I occasionally need to access. It is impossible to open old documents in a new version without a converter, and the converter may or may nit be functional. QXP should embed a converter to open old documents on the fly or at least keep the stand alone converter up to date.

While each person I speak to in Quark’s customer service group is very nice and helpful, it has been 6 years that I have tried to get my account functional. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quark is not for those seeking a simple solution nor an easy word processor. The learning curve is relatively steep, but once you get a few of the basics, the learning more complex parts and advanced processes is fast. Once you’re comfortable with Quark, it is super easy, fast, and stable. I once talked someone through building a brochure over the phone, while I was in a disaster area without access to a computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Quark for my projects and use InDesign when I have a client that needs it. Quark is far easier, dependable, intuitive, and printer friendly. I can work in both and get what I want done, but my blood pressure is considerably lower with Quark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Programmatore Senior
What do you like best?

Quark is fast, light, many controls, many panels and embedded graphics.

I have been using quark since version 6. Today I use the 2020 version and I am very happy.

Every now and then I find some bugs or malfunctions, but the assistance is very good.

When it is not resolved with an email they call me on the phone or in the remote desktop and solve it.

For the moment I am happy and will continue to use it. The export formats are complete.

Activation software is fast and simply. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the 2019 version the toolbar was incomplete, and commands were missing. Now with the 2020 version it has been resolved.

The style palette of the table is not easy to use, perhaps it should be simplified.

In the image box there is no longer the path to the image and the file name. It was very useful to recognize the image.

Hyperlinks are not easy to use. When creating an anchor it cannot be used multiple times.

Personal preferences are often lost after upgrades Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maximum attention to upgrades to maintain compatibility of previous files.

Keep the options and preferences from the previous version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have always used quark for digital layout of newspapers, brochures, advertising graphics. very good.

In books with very long layouts I can work with small files without having problems of slowness.

The typography has never had any problems with the pdf format created by quark xpress.

Many image formats are positive for quarks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I started out in the late 1980's to use "Ready-Set-Go" as a desktop publishing program and then switched to Quark beginning of the 1990's. So I use Quark for about 30 years now.

I don't really know any other program to compare Quark with so I can't say what I like 'best' other then it gets my job done to create catalogues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Back in the 1990's Photoshop did not require to add any endings on file names, for example.jpg, tif, . Consequently I created 1000's of picture and graphic files which I used up to today.

The BIG trouble is that when you created a catalogue, say, in 1997 and continued to upgrade this catalogue using much of the same graphics and pictures files you ran into a big trouble after Quark began to require a file name ending.

For a couple of years this was mitigated by if you placed the Quark file INSIDE the folder which all your graphics and pictures it would create an OUTPUT file using the existing graphics without file name ending.

This now has stopped. I now have to add a file name ending on each of graphics files of which I have over 5000. In order to do so I have to open EACH file in photoshop to first find out what the file type is, close the file and then add this suffix to the file name.

I needed to do that with my last catalogue and it took me 2 days of work. I still have 4 catalogues left with about 600 pages and thousands of graphic files which needs updating.

Back about 6 years ago I had so much trouble opening existing Quark files after I got updated versions it created havoc for me. Some of which was fixed by your tech support but all this is needless time waste.

Tech support used to be an arrogant corporate affair. You were treated like a criminal trying to rob the Quark company in Switzerland. You needed so much phone numbers, e-mail, passwords etc. it was extremely customer unfriendly.

It has gone better now as I did sign for tech support. But last time when I had a problem Quark support was not able to log into my desktop at all. That took me the better of 2 days to get a simple issue resolved being on the phone for hours.

I have to interact with web-designers and translators (in Canada we publish everything in English and French). Because Quark had lost it's customer base nearly ALL of our contractors I work with have given up on Quark long time ago and now use In-Design. Consequently they use old and previous Quark versions so I have to downsave sometimes to 3 or 4 versions back.

The only reason I have not switched to In-Design is that I am too lazy and too afraid about problem during this process.

If it wasn't for Connie Fennell at your support I would have switched to In-Design long time ago. Kudoos to her !

Then there is this little problem of H&J's which after more than 30 years is still a miracle to me. Over the years tried several times to get help but I think this question is too stupid that your support always refers me back to the instructions which does not make any sense to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Quark for desktop publishing and some marketing materials only.

The issue I am running into is that more and more companies do not use Quark anymore and I run into non-acceptance of Quark files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The completeness to create very sophisticated documents. Once you get the hang of it, it's really quite perfect. I figured out how to use it by myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not too many people use Quark so if you are sending a Quark document, you should make sure that person also uses Quark, or it would be best to convert it to another format. It will save you time emailing back and forth! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with people who use it. Examine documents produced on Quark XPress. Check out Google and compare it to Pages, InDesign. That should help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just learning Quark by experimentation was time-consuming, but I anticipated this would be the case. Once I learned how to navigate the program, it's my go-to application for documents that need to look designed and sophisticated. Once I have a template created on Quark, everything becomes very simple for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital marketing
What do you like best?

This software is equipped with so many features that it’s hard to describe all. It provides me full support to automate my sales processes through its AI and ML driven engine. I am in a better position to create quality content with easy tracking and also I can design new social media, mobile applications. It is helping me to manage my sales assets and also to handle the marketing department has become very easy as I can handle the content Hubs and mange the distribution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One of the drawbacks is that it is quite expensive. In addition the regular and most cheap plan lack many basic features so it restricts its usage for the small organizations. Sometimes I found its customer service to be ineffective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Thanks to QuarkXpress that has enabled me to design, Build and Personalize experiences so that I can deliver best services to my audience, you must give it a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Overall this amazing tool is integrated with CRM, Social selling and Microsoft office suit due to which it is very easy for me to manage the multi channels and I have the detailed analysis about the entire working as well. If I talk about digital publication than it facilitates me much by providing features like photo editing, page layout, graphic illustration and much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Admin Services Coordinator
What do you like best?

I love that essentially, this program has remained the same for 26 years that I have been using it. The tools work well and I go do layups quickly and precisely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have 2 things that I would like to see improved, one thing is that often when I try to select text, I'll instead put a new text box. It's one of those little aggravations that end up taking up time. The other thing I would like it to see previews of documents in the open window. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quark has been the industry standard since the 90s and there is a reason for that. I wouldn't hesitate to utilize this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Quark to create a course catalog. Quarks efficiency make this job go as quickly as possible and the files are always acceptable to our printer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Translator
What do you like best?

Quark is extremely flexible, and allows very precise control over text, graphic elements, spacing, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Edit: Quark Xpress is not Big Sur compatible. They are not anticipating a Big Sur compatible version until well into 2021. What a pain in the a$$.

If I had known this when I first submitted this review, I would not have been nearly as complimentary. I'll say it now: Find a layout program with better, more responsive, customer service.

The price is a bit high, but there is nothing more frustrating than realizing that a lesser layout software package does not allow you to accomplish what you want to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a

Buy another program. Big Sur compatibility not expected for months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quark XPress allows me to create and manipulate customers' files as well as my own projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

It's still basically the Quark of old which I loved. I like that I can use it across more platforms now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I miss "Command M." I also miss the cool borders Quark used to have. Some of the icons are confusing which makes it difficult to figure out. I also miss the Format. Indent is very difficult to find. It's like the more changes Quark makes, the more user friendly things they take away. I was just put pretty much out of business for a month while Quark was trying to catch up with OS Big Sur. They kept telling me the update would be ready two days later then three days later then ten days later. Cost me a lot of money sitting around waiting for them to get it together. I ended up muddling through a few things with InDesign but it was a learn as you go so it wasn't very effective for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's not a good program to jump into. The learning curve is high and it helps if you've used other versions in the past however the newer versions have lost a lot of the user friendliness the program used to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not and I haven't. Over the years it's gotten far more difficult to use than it used to be. They really should listen to their customers better. They keep taking the good stuff out and making it more difficult to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Quark has good support. I bought into the advantage plan and they are there for you when you need it, and they are qualified. I started out with QX, and I work alone with no need to share files, and they have always upgraded with the trends, so why switch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That it is not as mainstream as InDesign. it is a definite requirement to know InDesign if I want to obtain new freelance clients but I have no need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tried and true. Excellent service. Integrates with Adobe JUST FINE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desktop Publishing of all sorts. Layout, design, print, web etc. They are a trusted software provider, I would never use anything else excpet InDesign, but then again I really dont want to use InDesign. I was trained in QX originally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None
What do you like best?

QuarkXPress 20230 is the easiest way possible to create a website.

This means that, for the first time, you can go straight from your print dfesign using your brand and your fonts and colours, to fully functioning, clean web content.

Quark have been developing the advancements in print design to digital since 2016 to stay well ahead of the competition. They have buiolt theior own PDF engine which does away with the need for another application to make PDF's and the ability to manage and edit PDFs on screen is a godsend.

Plus easy export to PDF, EOS, Android and seamless integrations with print document to digital is simply amazing. A quark user sonme the old 4.1 version, I'm glad I stuck with the programme throughout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not publicised enough in comparison with Adobe products, for me QuarkXPress was, and still iusb the leading industry standard for design, make-up and book production straight from a print document to digital.

The Advantage package means fdree updates for the length of the package, and always owning the software is a big plus compared to leasing or renting, but expensive to sign up to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An easy to use, one stop programme for both print and digital output Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Straight from Print run to Digital output, bypassing the need for additional software, including useful photo editing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Better usability than InDesign, but only up to version 2017 Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since version 2018, the removal of the pop-ups for "Character Attributes", "Formatting Attributes" and "Modify" (Ctrl D, Ctrl F, and Ctrl M), since Quark 2018, and their replacement with a ribbon that is a disaster.

That is the main problem. but I can refer several more, much less importants:

--With Quark 2017, problems when working with layers (ghost layers). Quark 2020 solves that problem, but I don't work with Quark 2020, due to the lack of the pop-ups I mentioned.

--Quark does not save the layout of my windows. It should be possible to set which window layout Quark documents open by default

--Quark's cell tables are infinitely worse than InDesign's Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All my layout work I do with Quark, except for the tables with cells, for which I use InDesign Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quark gives you precise control over text, images, shapes, colour, opacity, and it's compatible with a wide range of file formats, allowing you to always find a way to convert to what require. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like ☺️ Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A couple of times I tried to use inDesign and gave up as I found the software hard to navigate. For me Quark is software that covers everything you need and I would highly recommend it to anyone whether you're a designer, author Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have business problems as such. As a Graphic Designer I have used Quark since 1987 and it has always encompassed all my needs for design, layout and setting up artwork for print. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Field Leader — Belgium
What do you like best?

QuarkXPress is now the easiest way to create a website—far easier than wading through endless WordPress templates, or going on Wix or other template-based sites. This means that, for the first time, you can go straight from your print using your brand and your fonts and colours, to fully functioning, clean web content without intermediate steps.

This is in addition to the industry-leading print and design features, which Quark has been aggressively developing since 2016 to stay well ahead of the competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

QuarkXPress is less known than it used to be, and dramatically less known than it deserves to be. It needs a higher social media profile. I am now regularly seeing people who are asking how to convert Quark files into that other package, because they have large legacy libraries. They are discovering that the costs of conversion are dramatically more than any savings they might have made. Sometimes it's best to stick with the best package for the job, rather than going with a subscription-based bundle that can't open your files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Join the Facebook group. Also, if you are a not-for-profit, make sure that you get the enormous not-for-profit discount, which is effectively the cheapest upgrade price to purchase outright. If you are coming from ID, expect to make a small investment of time to master QuarkXPress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organisations often come to me when they have documents which are too complex or are on too short deadlines for their in-house team to solve using their bundled-subsciption-based software. With QuarkXPress, I can take all of their business graphics, including legacy PDF files, PDF files supplied from ArcGIS or MapInfo, files supplied to them designed by third parties, Word and PowerPoint Graphics and Excel charts and Excel tables, and natively import them, conforming them to the visual identity guidelines. With the current version, i do this about 5-10x faster than I was able to previously, when I worked with a mixed environment of Quark and other vendor products. Now Quark does it all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

I like the depth of detail you can manipulate and specify, whether it's dimensions, spacing, colors, etc. You can manage a ridiculous amount of specific things down to fractions of a degree. The ability to import multiple photos and have it create a box for each one is a nice update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Quark is a complicated program to use, and takes some getting used to where things are on menus and how to find your way around before you feel very efficient. For me, it sometimes prints to PDF without activating the URLs as links. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but it's been frustrating to try and diagnose and troubleshoot something that should be so basic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

take training to help you learn the program faster. Lots online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Quark for proposals and marketing/business development where I have a lot of text and need to flow around a lot of boxes containing text or images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It has a consistent user interface, and it moves smoothly from layout to print prep. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Small things like changing a font size to fit the box have space for, and adjusting the typeface to work from italics to bold, etc. I want it to make it easier to edit photos. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Decide where you want your tools to set on your workspace. You'll be moving back and forth a lot, sometimes with more clicks than you'd like, but it's important to get quickly to the tools and and functions you want, when you want them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's easy to layout my publication. I like the pricing structure much better than other software options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Tour Director
What do you like best?

Ease of use considering the tools and it is fast even on an older computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see API access to macOS dictionaries, Metal, CoreData and CoreImage, etc. built in. no need to use 3rd party plugins.

I am a graduate student and I would also like to see a scientific library plugin to automate reference creation to the resources, ie, Turabian, Chicago, MLA. For instance: Papers, Readcube, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

QuarkXpress provides the best user experience in terms of ease of use, layout of its tools, and is not a heavy consumer of CPU-RAM. It is lightweight and very responsive.

I highly recommend QuarkXpress to those looking for an alternative to other desktop publishing apps, especially if you are a freelancer with a limited budget, Quark honors a lifetime license unlike the other companies enforcing subscription with resource heavy software that bombard your computer with countless number of processes and renders your computer unusable.

I am very happy that I chose Quark, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am a service designer, I use it daily for developing my project workflow, creating infographics. I am happy to say that QuarkXpress is cost effective in comparison to its competitors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media Relations, Videographer and Editor
What do you like best?

I have been a dedicated QuarkXPress user since 2003. I had to learn the platform for my job as a graphic artist and have been a power user since QuarkXPress5. In addition to my current use of the platform to complete research papers and build curriculum, I've designed hundreds of marketing and sales flyers for companies across the globe. In my industry, the go-to has become Adobe InDesign, but I still prefer Quark for single page to multiple page documents. It is more user friendly, and easier to teach to new artists. For me, it is faster to layout a newspaper in Quark. I really like that Quark is now a cloud-based product. It will allow the company to push out updates and improvements in a more timely fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike about the platform. It can be intimidating for a new user, but that is true with any robust software. I do recommend the use of a tutor for a new user. There are many short cuts and preference tweaks that can be made to create a better user experience. QuarkXPress is very versatile and can be used from single page formats to complicated multiple page magazines and newspapers. I do not have much experience using the platform to design webpages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Currently, there are four major players for desktop publication. I have them all. I use them all. I consistently prefer QuarkXPress for designing materials for educational and marketing use. If you are an occasional user or are uncomfortable with technology, I do not recommend spending out for either Adobe or QuarkXPress. Still, for the serious user who requires a desktop publishing tool with multiple page layout capability, QuarkXPress is the best. I do recommend finding a tutor to help you learn the platform, as there are many shortcuts and tweaks that can be learned to create an easier workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When I started using QuarkXPress, we were using it to design grocery flyers and signage for over 350 stores across a 5 state region. It is an invaluable tool for a design house. If you're needing robust software for multiple page layouts, QuarkXPress is the best tool out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can do weekly newsletter with ease because of text styles. It is possible to put text on curves. I love that I can edit images simply from the context menu or more fully from my chosen editing software. It exports to PDF nicely with options and I can create tables. It also imports PDF with unknown fonts without distortion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No data merge. On one of my computers it runs really rough and slow. I have looked into data merge and you can if you understand coding - I don't and so it is not helpful to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Full featured with image editing - there is a bit of a learning curve if you have used simpler software but lots of answers are out there to help. I believe you can do what you need for desktop publishing and the cost is a benefit too. The maintenance plans help out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really love it now that I understand its language. I can do everything I want for my purposes except easy data merge. I have to go back to Microsoft Publisher for that or even Corel Draw (it is cumbersome there). I haven't used InDesign in years but I feel like QuarkXpress 2020 could do as much as it does (unless it has data merge:)). You can create nice clip art from your images because of effects like borders, drop shadow and clipping. The image "fitting" choices are really helpful too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love the HTML5 publishing features and the new responsive layouts. I've already used Quark for almost everything, but those features gave me even more options. I used HTML5 to get up a temporary website in about 20 minutes and half of that was me just selecting the photos I wanted to use. It's great. The table styles are cool, too. I know Quark, I'm comfortable with it, and it does everything I need it to do and more. I also like being able to buy my software and not rent it for the rest of my life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I've had no issues with stability on my personal laptop, several in-office users have had serious stability issues that have caused them to repeatedly have to reinstall. Some were never able to open it at all. Quark tech support said it was likely because of font software and recommended we remove the font software, but that's not an option for an office that needs to use font software for other programs. Stability and support issues have to be better and, because of that, I had to knock 3 points off my score. Quark vastly improved their customer service in recent years, but a lot of users seem to be fearing they are reverting to old ways under new management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not a web programmer, so I like that I can use Quark to do some quick and easy websites that reflect my style, rather than being stuck using canned WordPress layouts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Quarkxpress is the best tool for page layout. Whether it's a large magazine or a single page ad, I'll use Quark over Indesign. I've used both but prefer the speed and functionality of Quark. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the gradient tool should be tweaked a bit so there are fewer steps to create and alter the colours. It works well as is but think reducing the number of steps to make the selections I need would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product and the best layout program for designers and advertising professionals. Plus, you can own a copy without cloud based subscription. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recently, creating flipbooks within Quarkxpress has been a huge benefit to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.