vRealize Operations

VMware vRealize Operations integrated with vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Business for Cloud helps plan, manage and scale SDDC and multi-cloud environments with unified monitoring, automated performance management, cloud planning and capacity optimization.

Work for vRealize Operations?

Learning about vRealize Operations?

vRealize Operations Reviews

Showing 13 vRealize Operations reviews
vRealize Operations review by Russell H.
Russell H.

"vROPs can monitor the Whole Infrastructure"

What do you like best?

A very customizable solution. It allows admins to create custom dashboards, views, reports, etc. to help keep their environment in check. Many 3rd party vendors also offer great solution addons for vROPs to allow other hardware and software to be monitored.

VMware has also recently started supporting application monitoring for both Windows and Linux OSs. This allows admins and end users to be able to see dashboards, reports, and get alerts tailed for their applications and application stacks.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to understand the interface. VMware has worked hard to make it easier with each iteration though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to try out the application monitoring and Server application discovery.

vROPs can monitor all virtual and physical environments, allowing you to monitor an entire SDDC and all of the physical infrastructure associated with it.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about vRealize Operations
vRealize Operations review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"vRealize revolutionizes resource allocation to VM's"

What do you like best?

with vRealize Operations Manager you don't have to rely on the user to tell you what resouces a VM needs, vRealize Operations WILL TELL YOU and it will tell you consistently. You can look at historical data as well, which is nice if a system does a high volume hit on the VM once a month, but you can never pinpoint performance issues.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reports are a bit clunky and hard to follow. Once you get used to them you should be fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no other product on the market that compares to this one, for what it does.

We were able to save on VMWare licensing costs, server hardware costs as we didn't need to run all VM's with 4 core / 16GB of RAM. Maybe most vm's needed 1-2 cores and 4-8 GM of RAM. This helped save a large amount of money.

What Enterprise IT Management Suites solution do you use?

vRealize Operations review by Alejandro P.
Alejandro P.

"vRealize Operation realiy help you with your day a day"

What do you like best?

VMware Operation give you all the information that you need in a sigle point. You can create dashboard that you need and help you a lot with the information that it shows.

Help you with the capacity planning, with troubleshooting, with reports, with the administration of you environment..

The implementation out of the box is very easy, it will not take you a lot of time, but the initial parameters maybe will not give you a real reflect of the health of your environment, so you will need to setup those parameters.

What do you dislike?

You have to setup a lot f parameters to get better information from your environment, and those parameters will depend of your infrastructure but to understand what you have to setup or how to setup all those parameters is almost mandatory to pay a VMware consultant.

You can find information in the web but is you don't have the knowledge or you are starting to use this tool will take you time

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to take the best from this software you will need to find professional help from a VMware partner or directly from VMware.

The implementation out of the box is very easy but the default parameters maybe will not fit with your needs

VMware Operation help us to monitor our virtual infrastructure, know how we are using our resources. We can get report about overutilization that is very normal with virtual enviroments. We can recover resources and clean vm that are not longer used with just a few step.

"Best tool for monitoring the VMware infra"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can manage my entire VMware infra from a single console after I have VROPS configured to do so.

The configuration of alerts for the minute detail within the VMware infra is something I like the most along with acknowledging and resolving the alert from the same window.

Also I like the fact that I can integrate other components like the storage arrays, SAN switches, network switches and monitor them as well

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much I dislike till now

As I mentioned above in what I like about vrops. It's the management centralization of my entire infra in single console. Not only we can manage but resolving it from the same window is really awesome. I don't have rely on other team/person for monitoring I can manage, monitor my entire VMware infra from one console.

vRealize Operations review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Good all around management / monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

As an operations person, I like the straightforward and wholistic views of our environment. The environment I'm in is not huge, but to be able to spot troubled VMs, and infrastructure, like datastores, is extremely helpful. Looking into the cloud integrations and business planning features, it seems well rounded for larger shops

What do you dislike?

Doesn't get as deep into hardware integration as I would like. Would be nice to manage, say, storage from array to datastore, but that might be a lot of integration to ask for.

Visability, operational management, alerting, monitoring

vRealize Operations review by Joan M.
Joan M.

"Managing clouds with Vrealize"

What do you like best?

I like the idea that Vrealize is a software platform designed to help IT administrators like myself build and manage hybrid clouds. There are 3 different tiers offering more advanced levels as you upgrade

What do you dislike?

I found this to be a bit complex and the price is somewhat steep for a smaller organization.

When first using Vrealize we saw in the beginning a useful tool to manage and secure our hybrid clouds..

vRealize Operations review by Miriam T.
Miriam T.

"VOPs makes our lives easier"

What do you like best?

Love the predictive analytics and quick issue identification. Self healing has helped us a lot.

What do you dislike?

It takes a decent amount of time and almost fte to get vops where we need it. A lot of customization has been necessary.

Quick time resolve, makes it easier to see an issue and follow it through. It has given application and business members insight into the performance of the systems and applications.

vRealize Operations review by User in Information Technology and Services

"vRealize Operations Managers"

What do you like best?

I like how vRealize Operations provide a comprehensive and thorough insight of your inventory. I find the capacity planning and resource recovery for over or undersized VMs most useful. This is a great tool to have in order to optimize your resources.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of parameters to set up and the amount of information being displayed can be overwhelming.

Performance metrics, resource allocation and reports.

vRealize Operations review by Evan G.
Evan G.

"vRealize Operations Manager"

What do you like best?

Ability to see insights about my virtual environment including host/vm utilization and allow for capacity planning functions

What do you dislike?

Licensing model seems to always be in flux

Maximizing performance and utilization of existing hardware

vRealize Operations review by Earl W.
Earl W.

"Ops manager that is automagical"

What do you like best?

Configuration is surprisingly simple and straightforward

What do you dislike?

It’s proprietary only works in vCenter would be nice if there was same offerings for hyperV

Migration and balancing

vRealize Operations review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Love VROPS! It gives a very in dept insight into my enviorment!"

What do you like best?

Capacity planning and resource recovery. Easily view oversize and undersized VM's to recover resources and keep costs down. Too often software vendors ask for ridiculous system requirements for their apps, but I am able to show the real resource needs with vrops!

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, it is really pricey and it was hard justifying the cost to upper management.

Resource allocation and over allocation. Performance metrics and reporting.

vRealize Operations review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Great For Planning "

What do you like best?

Our company has used this for planning and analyzing data. User-friendly dashboard. It is great for rearranging hardware resources.

What do you dislike?

Way too expensive and we needed to switch platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

lowering prices.

Our primary use for this was for analyzing the companies historical data.

vRealize Operations review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"VMware review"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the customizability of VMware, and its ease of use.

What do you dislike?

The RAM usage can lag an older computer/laptop

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely would recommend this product to others!

I have used VMware to run mac software on my windows laptop

Learning about vRealize Operations?

* We monitor all vRealize Operations reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.