Sales Cookie Reviews & Product Details

What is Sales Cookie?

Sales Cookie is an easy to use, cloud-based solution to manage all aspects of your commission program - from participant enrollment to incentive plan design and personal dashboards. Sales Cookie provide capabilities found in enterprise solutions with an SMB-friendly cost and user experience. From incentive plan design to multi-currency support or user enrollment, you'll find all the features and flexibility you need.

Sales Cookie Screenshots

1-25 of 27 total Sales Cookie reviews

Sales Cookie Reviews

1-25 of 27 total Sales Cookie reviews
Sales Rep

"Made Sales Commissions Transparent"

What do you like best?

1. Being able to automate transfers from different systems. It finds the "delta" so no need to re-upload the same thing.

2. The initial setup is easy. They help you get setup by configuring many things for you.

3. The Support is very responsive and knowledgeable based on their years of experience.

4. It brings transparency in regards to the "numbers" of each rep.

5. Once the plans are verified, it just becomes a habit to run calculations and get results.

6. Looks great on mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

1. Making adjustments is a bit tricky. You have to know where to go.

2. For some plans, you have to get creative and use some hacks.

3. If you give them bad data or a wrong description of incentives, you will have issues.

Sales Cookie is a good solution if you're in the SMB space and have sales commission issues. We wanted to solve a data transparency issue - we've achieved this. We are a very collaborative company and the solution was perfect for us as we can now see who earns what and why.

Sale Specialist

"Affordable yet powerful sales commission management"

What do you like best?

If you are experiencing some "issues" with sales commissions, Sales Cookie is definitely worth a look. We are very happy with our experience overall and return on investment. The main problem with sales commissions is that calculating them manually makes it virtually impossible to get them right. This means considerable time wasted making constant adjustments, investigating missing deals, or dealing with angry reps like me!

Sales Cookie eliminates all manual calculations while providing detailed audits and logs. It's like automatically generating all user commission spreadsheets with just a few clicks. A key decision point for us was pricing. The solution is very affordable compared to other vendors. Will they send a team of 5 consultants to your HQ? They won't, but they will really help you getting setup and configure plans for you, making the solution very affordable.

What do you dislike?

They should consider adding a consulting + training package for customers with a large budget, or for customers who need help beyond configuring their plans.

Sales Cookie is a very affordable way to manage sales commissions. We're very happy with the solution and recommend it.

Sales Representative

"An effective cure to sales commission problems"

What do you like best?

Sales Cookie has out-of-the-box functionality covering almost all business needs regarding sales commissions. The user interface is quite intuitive. It is optimized for easy navigation. After some minimal training, administrators can become power users. The application is quite fast. Web dialogs load almost instantly. The application seems to be updated quite frequently to add new capabilities (especially connectors) or to make them features easier to use. The structured nature of entities within Sales Cookie helps admins form a clear mental model of compensation and use its features. In addition, sales reps gain useful visibility into plans and sales commissions. They can navigate commission-related information without training.

What do you dislike?

You have to configure the application to do what you want to do (not the other way round). This sometimes requires finding the best way to do things as different options are possible (ex: creating territory-based plan vs. crediting managers for territories).

Increased payment accuracy. Decreased processing time. More insights into compensation management. More transparency around commissions.

Finance Analyst

"Huge Time Saver For Commissions"

What do you like best?

I am responsible for calculating sales commissions in my organization. This was taking about 10 hours every week. Even though it's possible to calculate commissions manually AND accurately, the main issue was the constant need for adjustments (ex: a deal did not go through, refund, etc.). As a result, we had to re-issue commissions frequently, and over time it became unmanageable to track everything.

Using Sales Cookie, we're now able to automate the entire process, but we can still make changes to commissions if needed. There is a very convenient "activity center" in app where we can see all the changes made by anyone to comp plans, commissions, etc. I also like the different roles provided by the application because management of some plans can be delegated so specific managers.

Finally our sales team is happy with their online statement. This is much better than before as we had to repeat sending spreadsheets to every rep.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a way to take any Excel spreadsheet and auto-convert to one of the incentive plans. The process required first analyzing and documenting our sales commission process (probably a good think but it took some time as our commissions are quite complicated).

Great solution, good interface, reliable service, saves us a lot of time every week. An Excel auto-convert feature would be a killer addition to a great solution.

Sales Representative

"Good Visibility on Commissions"

What do you like best?

We discovered Sales Cookie at a sales conference and deployed it within a week! The main advantage of the solution is visibility on commissions. Our team can see how they are performing vs. targets, what their commission will look like, and crediting of deals. So far commissions have been correct. Our finance team can also run reports to check everything is correct. What this means is that for the first time in months we're now getting paid our commissions on time which wasn't the case before. Overall this type of solution makes a lot of sense and we wish we had learned this type of software existed much earlier.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to know if Sales Cookie is really better than other solutions on the market because you need to invest some time in configuration, etc. So you can't explore too many solutions. Regardless, the price is affordable and we like the look-and-feel and visibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Document your incentive program - it will avoid back-and-forth.

Overall:

- Fast deployment (one week)

- Good visibility on commissions

- Better reporting for our Finance team

- Pleasant look-and-feel

Territory Manager

"Helps my team focus on sales goals"

What do you like best?

Here are some pros I really like:

- My team can view their progress / commissions real-time

- I no longer need to print or email commission spreadsheets

- It's easy to make announcements about new incentives, goals, etc.

- My team sees Sales Cookie as a major perk and uses the application daily

- I've seen a reduction in disputes regarding payouts

What do you dislike?

Here are some cons I have identified:

- The application is web-based (not a desktop app)

- They only support a few payroll systems

Sales Cookie has brought much needed clarity regarding incentives for our reps. It has increased sales motivation and makes our company feel more professional because we're one of the few with sales commission automation. I didn't know about this type of solution until about 3 months ago but would recommend this as an obvious investment to any sales team as it pays for itself.

Sales Specialist

"Sales Cookie has transformed our sales team!"

What do you like best?

Sales Cookie has enabled our entire sales team to reduce processing time for commissions. We virtually have no errors now. Our sales team not only loves the increased confidence in their payments, but they also love the interface and the real-time aspect. We greatly really appreciate the fact that they have built logic to detect double-payment of commissions, as well as alerts when a transaction cannot be credited. The different integrations are great. We're getting a friendly solution with all the features of an enterprise sales commission management solution at a great price. Also the web interface is fast - no waiting time. Most calculations are instant!

What do you dislike?

There is some learning curve to understand all the concepts. The most tricky one is about crediting - you have to match between sales transactions and users. This uses something called "aliases" on users which is unique to Sales Cookie.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Book a meeting - they will walk you through everything!

Overall: we've increased commission payment accuracy, we've greatly decreased processing time, and we have a lot more insights into sales commissions. Great solution.

Sales Manager at Sportex

"The perfect ally to monitor your sales."

What do you like best?

I really like this application because it gives us a versatile solution in our sales programs, allowing us to connect with each of our payment systems with just a few clicks.

I really liked working with your technical support team since every time we generated an error, we got professional and quick answers using email and they have always been ready and ready to jump and make video calls.

This system offers a compensation system, which is still complex, Sales Cookie adapts to your business. Allowing you to advance to the digital era and leaving behind the obsolescence of sales processes. Thanks to this powerful tool we have great expectations of growth and expansion.

Thanks to Sales Cookie we have been able to get rid of the complexity of the manual processes, which cause so many headaches. Sales cookie has a very friendly interface that makes us quite satisfied when using them.

The interface is easy to use and you can easily export the statements to Excel for a detailed review. I also like the layout of the interface because it is quite logical and the performance is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Something that I do not like is that this system does not bring a way to customize the main board, nor does it let in the logos of the company or the theme with the respective color that distinguishes our company. However, this was reported to the technical support team and they are working on a solution for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a real system that allows you to get the calculations of the commissions earned by each member of your sales team, then this is the system you need, you will certainly not regret it.

Thanks to Sales Cookie we have been able to streamline many administrative processes in record time, allowing us to save money, time and efforts, we have also been able to eliminate errors in the sales commission calculations that brought much confusion.

Sales Manager

"Very useful sales tool"

What do you like best?

Almost no training required. The application is fast and visually intuitive. It's easy to create plans and run them through calculations. We're no longer using spreadsheets to manage sales commissions. Sales Cookie avoids hidden Excel formulas, accidental data deletion, revisions, lack of visibility, etc. The software is on demand and they add features every month. It's a great time saver and it makes it easier to see sales goals and progression. In my previous company we had spreadsheets with 5 different tabs. The new dashboard is so much better! We also use Microsoft Power BI reports quite a bit.

What do you dislike?

There are 2 things you need to know. One of them is that you will likely need to filter sales transactions to paid. This is called a query in their "language" which then needs to be applied to incentive plans. The other is that they offer a free service for doing the plan creation for you. It makes more sense to have them do it and then explain it to you than trying to do it yourself.

We got rid of spreadsheets and have better historical tracking of commissions. Good customer experience as well. Don was my contact at Sales Cookie and he was patient and did a great job explaining plan creation and testing calculations for us.

VP of Sales

"A solid commission management solution with a great service"

What do you like best?

The solution is easy to use and well organized. It's also quite flexible which was important as our plans are a bit complicated. Running calculations is quite easy as well, you just need to select the plan and period. The best part however is their service. We want to thank Sarah for modeling our plans as they were not easy. She did a good job listening to our requests and making configuration changes. We're very happy with our current setup and calculation accuracy and speed.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see chat integrated in the application so that there is no need to call or open a ticket.

We had a complex commission structure which is now fully automated. We had a lot of errors in our calculations which required careful auditing.

"Sales Cookie Helps Me Stay Motivated"

What do you like best?

Before Sales Cookie, I used to receive a spreadsheet with all my commissions just before the end of the month. So I had no information on how I was doing commission-wise all this time. I also had to check everything was correct which took quite a bit of time (and request help from Finance to make corrections). With Sales Cookie, I can check where I'm at in regards to commissions any time. I am also able to send requests for corrections using the app. It's a easier to understand where my commissions came from because I can export the data, etc. Finally, I use my cell to view commissions and the app works well for this use case.

What do you dislike?

An internet or 4G connection is 100% necessary to review commissions from a cellphone. There is no offline app mode which would help when there is a lack of connectivity. It would be great if you could add this feature. Also I would really like to be able to add "widgets" to my dashboard such as reminders, notes, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sales Cookie is a great choice if you can't track your progress towards earning commissions or you need to remain motivated by looking at goals.

I rely on Sales Cookie to tell me how I'm doing and budget accordingly based on my expected sales commission. The support team is also a pleasure to work with - fast response times when I submitted a request!

"More visibility on commissions"

What do you like best?

The personal dashboard helps me track my commissions (current and past). I can easily export a list of deals assigned to me and review my progress towards quota attainment. Also like the fact that I can submit requests using the app (beats sending emails to finance). The dashboard is a significant improvement over the confusing commission statements we used to receive via email.

What do you dislike?

Displayed commission statements are quite clear, but I wish there was a more detailed breakdown of how commissions were calculated (ex: exact formulas used).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are still receiving Excel spreadsheets for your commissions, you should be aware of the fact that there are much better ways to do this. I would recommend asking the Sales Cookie team to demo to your manager - once you see the app, it makes sense, but without seeing it, it can be difficult to understand how things will work.They did a presentation for the entire team which really helped us understand how it would work and how we would use it.

Regarding realized benefits, here are some:

- Clear quotas and goals

- Access to current and past commissions

- Improved ability to measure progress

- Saves time and effort

Inside Sales Leader

"Great Commission Solution at a good price"

What do you like best?

Here are the main pros:

- Pricing is great at $19 per user (negligible for having correct commissions)

- Good support - they were able to create our commission plans for us

- Easy to work with - they added a small feature for us

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything I don't like - we had one request regarding the catalog but they addressed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't create plans yourself, ask them to do it for you. Also, ask them if you need a missing feature or customization. They were able to add one for us.

- Save quite a bit of time dealing with commissions.

- Better reporting regarding team performance.

Payroll Manager
Construction

"Organized our Sales Commissions..."

What do you like best?

Our sales commissions were fairly disorganized. We had draws which we handled manually. We also had different versions of Excel spreadsheets so it was hard to keep track of things.

We were able to use Sales Cookie to get rid of the complexity and manual handling. The application is very user-friendly and we were very satisfied.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any significant downside except for the fact that when you create a new "workspace", you start all over again and re-enter your plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get rid of your spreadsheets.

The main problem we solved is spending excessive time managing sales commissions because of the way we were doing things (manually).

CEO

"Great help with sales commissions"

What do you like best?

As a health-related startup, we don't have a lot of time to spend to manage sales commissions. We reached out to Sales Cookie because they are local and they were able to automate our sales commissions in a day. We described how we wanted our team to be compensated and with their guidance, we were able to create a model for us. We can easily change the model as time goes. The interface is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

All the conversations we had were screen share / conference calls - an in-person meeting could have been easier since we are local.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They have good recommendations about how to organize sales data.

We were managing our sales commissions manually which took a lot of time away from sales and often had some back-and-forth due to errors. This has been solved.

Sales Analyst

"It Makes Sense"

What do you like best?

Commissions can be a real nightmare. Sales Cookie makes it possible to manage them and make sure sales reps gets paid correct commissions. We like the interface, the flexibility (ex: using aliases to credit opportunities is very convenience), the "system alerts", and the user dashboards.

What do you dislike?

There is no support for retroactive clawbacks. They explained issues associated with those, but this would be a nice addition to the suite.

Having a clear idea of which plans are applied to which reps / managers / VPs. Being able to calculate commissions more easily. Having historical data.

"No longer in the stone age of sales commissions"

What do you like best?

The solution is very versatile. We were able to connect our CRM systems with just a few clicks. The team was great to work with - fast responses via email and always ready to jump on a call. Our comp plan is a bit complicated but they were able to model it. More importantly, we've left the stone age of sales commissions as we were using spreadsheets. Now we have a powerful tool with a lot of capabilities and great dashboards.

What do you dislike?

You still have to go through them to create a comp plan. There is a wizard, but realistically you need help configuring plans as it's not exactly DYI material.

- Got rid of Excel spreadsheets

- Pay correct commissions

- Reduce sales attrition

- Less time wasted in disputes

"A simple Solution to a big Problem"

What do you like best?

As a sales manager, I'm on the receiving end of any complaint about commissions such as incorrect amounts, incorrect crediting, etc. Sales Cookie has made my life a lot easier by simplifying the way my team is paid commissions.

The interface is easy to use and you can easily export statements to Excel for detailed review. I also like how the interface is laid out as it's quite logical and performance is great.

What do you dislike?

There should be a way to customize dashboards using company logos and color theme. You can add "announcements" but they fall a bit short in terms of customizing dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When importing fields, make sure the mapping is correct. We had to re-do this a few times.

Reduced complaints about commissions by at least 50% if not more.

Marketing Manager
Renewables & Environment

"Great for Calculating Commissions"

What do you like best?

We used to handle commissions manually. Our sales commissions are quite complex so we had errors. Also often my team and agents were not paid on time. We're now able to calculate commissions very easily even though our structure is quite complicated.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to understand the concepts. Watching a few videos helps quite a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Watch the training videos.

1. Manual calculation of commissions - no more!

2. Giving each member of my team and contractors a view on their sales commissions.

3. Be able to change plans easily.

Sales Manager

"Working Very Well"

What do you like best?

Here are the main pros of Sales Cookie:

- Automate calculation of sales commissions

- It's easy to change comp plans

- Enable reps to view goals and their commissions

- Ensure correct payment of commissions

- Detailed audit log

What do you dislike?

In a perfect world, the software would not be stand-alone but fully integrated within CRM solutions. Sales Cookie has connectors to different business apps, but it's still a standalone app.

We no longer need to calculate commissions manually (with all the associated errors, delays, etc.).

Procurement Manager
Building Materials

"Excellent commission management solution"

What do you like best?

Our team was calculating commissions manually (with some errors). Sales Cookie allowed us to easily automate the entire process. They let you configure commission plans using many variables and the interface is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

We would have liked an on-premise solution. Also, the subscription is monthly (we would have liked a discount for a yearly subscription).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have a clear idea of your commission program before automating it.

Calculating sales commissions used to take us 10 hours a week - not it's about 30 minutes.

IT manager
Civil Engineering

"Perfect Sales Commission Solution for SMBs"

What do you like best?

Sales Cookie is cloud-based and has allowed us to eliminate our very complicated in-house calculation implementation. We can now go to an interface and easily make changes to plans based on what the VP of sales wants to do. Before we actually had to change code to make this work.

What do you dislike?

The trial is only 2 weeks but it takes time to learn / experiment with different features. I would have liked a 1 month trial.

We've eliminated our in-house implementation which was wonky and costly.

"Sales Cookie - Finally paid correct commissions on time"

What do you like best?

Our sales team is finally getting paid the right sales commissions without any "delay". The ability to see commissions online from a smartphone is great. I'm able to download a list of transactions and can easily check that I am paid the right amount. The reports are also great and I use them frequently. I can also see where I'm at in regards to the pipeline.

What do you dislike?

I need to login to see my sales rep commission dashboard. With a native phone app, this would not be needed.

We're finally paid commissions on time!

Sales Specialist

"Handles complex commissions well"

What do you like best?

Sarah was very easy to work with. She created our incentive plans within the app and everything worked as expected. Our plan is a bit complicated as we have different tiers for new vs. existing clients, but the app handles this well.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to bulk-edit users. You have to manually edit each user, one at a time. Also, to see some alerts, you sometimes have to refresh the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Send them sample data - it makes the whole process easier.

Sales Cookie gave us good visibility on sales commissions.

Payroll Clerk
Education Management

"More Efficient Sales Commissions"

What do you like best?

SalesCookie.com has given us confidence that calculated commissions are correct and auditable. In the past, we had to rely on a lot of manual checks to verify Google spreadsheet. Also, the reporting is great, especially if you are a Microsoft shop.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Power BI reporting was embedded within the web application. This would mean not having to launch a separate application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial and get their team to help you build the first incentive plan.

SalesCookie.com has eliminated confusion and errors related to commission accuracy.

Sales Cookie Features

9.5
Ease of Setup
Average: 7.6*
* Sales Compensation Category
Do you work for Sales Cookie?