Odoo Reviews & Product Details

What is Odoo?

Odoo is a fully integrated and customizable open-source suite of business applications including sales, CRM, project management, manufacturing, inventory, accounting and other business needs in one software solution. Odoo was designed to meet the needs of companies of all sizes and budgets. The depth of integration within Odoo helps users to reduce redundant manual processes. Every module is interconnected to provide an integrated experience from app to app, and users can automate many processes that would otherwise require manual inputs into multiple applications. Odoo keeps all business functions in one place allowing teams to collaborate with other departments from one unified platform. Odoo is open-source software and offers security features to business technology and software development communities around the world. The Odoo market offers numerous modules and apps that are suitable for a variety of business needs. For a free trial click on the link below: https://www.odoo.com/g2crowd/erp_freetrial

Odoo Screenshots

Odoo Profile Details

Odoo Profile Details

Related Links
Q&A
Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Modern Greek (1453-), Mongolian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Odoo

Odoo Reviews

1-44 of 44 total Odoo reviews
Software Developer
Graphic Design

"The program that groups the most effective functions for your company."

What do you like best?

I love this program, since it is very comprehensive, it covers many areas of the company in a very effective way, it has made our administrative management, one more organized, it has also helped us a lot in our sales, which is very good, because previously I had many failures in that department, but I like that now everything is more structured and I can have a broader vision of everything that happens in terms of our recurring clients and the possible ones to capture, which is great, because now I can have a more control over it, and measure the work of the team.

What do you dislike?

This system is very useful, but not one of the things that I do not like is that this system is efficient only with the Linux operating system since with another operating system this system fails. Like I do not like that every time it is updated it must be restarted so that they can work optimally. I hope that in the future these anomalies can be repaired.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program offers a variety of functions for billing, payment methods, tax calculator and other tools that will be of great help for the overall operation of your company. Without a doubt, I recommend Odoo, with the certainty that he will make favorable changes that will allow your company to grow in a short time.

Thanks to Odoo our work in the finance area was greatly simplified, since before we had to do many manual processes, and usually there were errors and several revisions had to be made, which generated a lot of waste of time, but since we implemented this program, everything is easier and faster, I can search in minutes, the reports they provide are very effective for monitoring, adjustments and corrective measures in the company.

Now I have a better management and control of the inventory, the accounting system, and all our sales, that is, Odoo has given me comfort when working, as well as the assurance that the productivity of the company generates effective returns.

ODOO

"Odoo"

What do you like best?

I like odoo because it has most of the administrative modules that are required to carry out the operation of the IPPUPEL Institute as an insurance system for University Professors, you can install payroll modules, accounting, suppliers in a single system, I do not have to jump from one system to another. another and now I can obtain the information of the Institute at the time that is required. In addition, it can be modified to adapt them to your needs and create new modules from scratch and integrate them with existing ones. The screens are easy to understand to load the information. It can be installed on Windows and Linux and the community version is free.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it takes a lot of technical knowledge of the operating system where it is going to be installed (Linux Mint) to configure it to work efficiently. I had to install it several times to configure the startup well Another thing I do not like is that every time a program is modified, you must restart the system in order to update the module in which the change was made. On the other hand, the graphical interface of the screens is very simple and unattractive and if you want to improve them or change their interface, you must buy them separately and the most attractive are sold at a cost that sometimes cost a lot with respect to the budget of the administrative area from high school.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it for those companies that wish to integrate all their administrative modules and that have the capacity with their IT Department to modify existing modules and develop new modules from scratch. I would also recommend it to those companies where their budget for applications or Computer Systems are limited, since Odoo is free and they can connect to all the analysts that are required without paying money for the licenses of use. I would also recommend it to those companies that carry out administrative development, since it is very fast and easy to implement in a company

The benefits obtained with this application is that the financial information is obtained in real time. Because previously you had to do an analysis study of the operations and take it manually to spreadsheets and process it to have an adequate report of the financial situation, now with odoo I have it instantly and with only one tool. The search for information with various interests is very fast. I managed to develop the Proveeduria module quickly and easily and thanks to odoo the inventories are up to date, and the reports are reliable. Users like the system because of its ease of recording data

ODOO

"ODOO"

What do you like best?

I like odoo because it is a program that allows me to install the administrative modules that I need in the Ministry, they are installed. This program called CRP, since it is of the same philosophy of SAP R3, is used by many countries in Europe and Latin America, and has changed by several versions, with a good reference in its operation and in the Ministry works very well. Another thing that I love, is that you can develop new modules from scratch from the administrative point of view, operational, project or other category, I can modify existing modules at my convenience and I can develop modules by inheriting the code of another model. The other aspect is that it is multiplatform, it can be installed in Windows and in Linux, as it is my case, since the platform of the operating system of the institute is in Linux specifically Linux Mint

What do you dislike?

What bothers me about odoo is that the ministry's operating system platform is Linux, and installing and configuring odoo requires a lot of work and expert knowledge in Linux. Another aspect is that in Venezuela there is very little training at the classroom level and what they get is very basic and documentation in odoo to develop a module or to program is difficult to be online. The free version of its interface is not very pleasant from the aesthetic point of view and to improve that aspect you must acquire the templates that you must pay in dollars to install it, which generates a cost to the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it to companies that need to regularize and centralize their administrative processes to obtain timely information about their finances, the optimization of their inventories, project management, efficient handling of correspondence. It is ideal for those companies that need to implement administrative processes at low cost, since the programs are obtained without cost, since their license is an open source and for which it is free. If the companies have a team of programmers, they can develop modules in a very fast and efficient way, and in Odoo programs of any category can be developed.

The main benefit that was achieved with odoo is that the administrative problems were regularized from the point of view of the system, since there were many disconnected programs that could not provide centralized information about finances at any given time. The purchase process was also regularized since this tool offers an excellent purchasing and inventory module. Another benefit is that with ODOO, the modules can be developed in half the time that would be used in another programming language such as Laravel, django, for example, and most importantly for the organization that regularized the administrative process at low cost, and that ODOO is free. in its community version

"Odoo has helped my company a lot in the creation of projects and channeling sales."

What do you like best?

We really like Odoo because it is an all-in-one business software that includes CRM, website and e-commerce, billing, accounting, manufacturing, warehousing and project management, and inventory among others. It also provides us to establish and organize a well structured sales flow is crucial to maintain control of your sales process and have a 360 ° view of their initiatives, opportunities and potential customers.

What do you dislike?

We have nothing to complain about this excellent software that has allowed my company to manage a portfolio of clients, both potential and existing, simply and efficiently, this information being accessible to all authorized personnel of our business, we have also cataloged it as a product that is up to the needs of the company and customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Odoo offers us within its workflow, each stage must correspond to a defined objective with a corresponding probability. Every time you move your opportunity to the next stage, the probability of closing the sale will be adapted automatically so we can recommend this software with your eyes closed, it even helps us to proportionally add another column quickly in order to complete your process .

We are solving many details in the company one of them is, sales and human resources area, since Odoo was presented to us on the way we have improved in the integration with the electronic mail, existing the possibility of organizing and filtering automatically the emails Incoming focused on opportunities or sales teams.

Ing.

"GREAT OPTION FOR OPEN SOURCE ERP"

What do you like best?

A lot of APP, modular and big erp. Is a real Open source ERP and you can go and pay for a Odoo license solution. Is easy to find a partner aorud the word. The free version is real and you get access to the code that allows to created a better app or a new app. Even does you can plug this Odoo ERP to another software.

What do you dislike?

After 5 apps on premise is expensive, Odoo should be cheap on Odoo on premise. price is high VS other applications open soure. There are other ERP like OPEN BRAVO that is cheap.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for open source Odoo solution before to pay for a license.

Control, management and High productivity in enterprise processes. To many options in Odoo official apps around the word. A lot of addons, is great to be part of the community. This is so usefull when you depleyed an ERP.

mechatronic engineer

"My experience with odoo has been fantastic. "

What do you like best?

What I like most about odoo is the way in which it integrates a large number of applications with which I can cover all the needs of my business, in addition to this we add how flexible it is when adapting to the specific needs of a company by creating additional modules.

It is easy to implement thanks to its modular structure which allows it to be implemented in a phased approach, for example one module at a time. Also thanks is highly scalable because as it grows the company can be adding modules, or users or develop modules that integrate very well with previous modules.

Although open-source is a very powerful tool and is extremely easy to use, the user interface of the software has been improving with each version both in appearance and functionality.

What do you dislike?

Difficulties appear when you want to migrate from an odoo version or a more recent one, I have had inconveniences to move from version 9 to version 11. And there is still a lot to improve the Ecommerce management tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Anyone who has a small budget and has many projections to grow odoo is ideal and do not hesitate to implement it.

The problem I am currently solving has to do with 2 important elements apart from the common ones within a company (sales, accounting, inventory) and it has to do with the management of manufacturing articles made with 3D printers and with an Ecommerce to sell those products. That's why we use odoo thanks to the tools that allow us to manage what we need.

Human Resources Management
(10,001+ employees)

"Platform that helps make your business more flexible and organized"

What do you like best?

The most remarkable thing about Odoo is the enormous amount of tools it integrates to help your business have greater capacity and functionality. Within these tools you can highlight elements to manage human resources, online commerce, sales, hiring, for business accounting, for project management. In short, you have multiple tools that you can integrate if your needs require it (since they are optional). The positive thing about this is that depending on what you need you can choose specific tools and they will only charge you for the tools you choose.

It is usually updated very often by integrating new tools or adding functionalities to the tools you already have within your system. It is positive that you are always creating and modifying new options since that is a sign that the company is always working to offer the best.

Customize the different projects and better organize the work are two other elements that you can achieve with Odoo. It has a great flexibility capacity that allows any company to adapt its use to their needs and elements.

What do you dislike?

The downside of having so many tools, options and integrations is that it makes it very difficult to manage if you do not have much knowledge. He also uses a very technical language and this makes his understanding even more difficult.

Within our company there are several people who use Odoo and we have had to spend time learning and investigating all the options to get to understand its operation well and to be able to obtain all the possible performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When choosing a new application within your company you should check that this tool suits your company and that it improves performance and functionality. Odoo, having so many tools, is a good choice for any company that wants to improve its capacity and productivity in different areas.

We have used Odoo in multiple areas of our company, since having so many tools available allows you to use them in many different areas.

We have improved:

- The administrative area with its tools for accounting and invoices.

- The sales area with its tools to create projects and analyze the performance through personalized reports.

- The area of human resources with its tools that help to facilitate the hiring and search of new employees.

In short, productivity and organization has improved in our organization through the implementation of the tools that Odoo has provided us. We invest less time than before in tasks and obtain more profitability than before with less effort.

"Full ERP platform."

What do you like best?

There are so many things I could say about this platform, but I will focus on talking, not about anything else, if not about all the tools, with which this application counts, which makes it a very complete tool for management. of all kinds of tasks within a business, has features and functions of MRP, online commerce, personnel management, contracting, is a system that complements all the administrative needs that are in a company, and everything in the cloud, no need to install on the PC, also is a tool that is always being updated, and one can find almost any administrative tool for all the users you need, and updated for the changing world in which we live, and especially in business, that every day you find something new, and you will always need a new tool to use to improve your work, and in this application you will find it.

What do you dislike?

You need to have a somewhat advanced computer knowledge, for the optimal configuration of this application, and for the use of many features, I am sincere, I could not configure this application alone, the person in charge of the computer area of our company, is the who is in charge of administering this application and doing what I ask, because for me there are really very complicated things, sincerely I do not understand anything, and on the web you find some things, but all in a very technical language, that a person like me does not understand very well, and in the forums, likewise, they explain some things to you, and sometimes you stay the same, or more confused, something could develop, to make the system a little more friendly with people, like me, who only understand things basic information, and it is always annoying to be asking for help to configure one or another thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

must have a person in charge of configuring this system in your company, it is not easy to do it, you must be a computer professional, since some things are quite complex, to start up.

It is a tool as I said before that has a lot of features of different departments and especially administrative tasks, this allows the different sectors within our company, working together in a single system, without investing more money.

Student - Computer Engineering
(Myself Only)

"Odoo Review"

What do you like best?

The best quality in my point of view are the various applications that this software offers and the range of companies that can use this software product, it does not matter if you are a small or big company.

What do you dislike?

The most negative point for me is the price of the applications, if you use, say, 6 applications and you have 10 employees in your company, you will have to pay at least 200 € per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is a good choice, if you want to improve your company or business. It's a software capable of helping you in areas like, selling management, CRM(Customer relationship management), inventory management, web page and much more.

With Odoo you can solve various problems in different areas. For example, if you have a grocery store, you can use the sales and inventory management application to improve the efficiency of your store.

Ingeniero de Sistemas / Community Manager

" Advantages of using Odoo"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Odoo is that it has a wide variety of modules that support all the processes of the company, making it a wide-ranging ERP.

In addition, it has web architecture and integration to social networks. What allows me to synchronize the inventory of the company with its virtual store and manage publications on social networks.

What do you dislike?

The accounting module is still not tropicalized for some Latin countries, so an additional development has to be carried out. However, there is enough support material. In addition, it is developed in Python programming language which is quite friendly, with a clean code.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Odoo is the ERP of the future. It has many features suitable for all types of companies.

I am installing the software to a furniture store that asked me for an online store that synchronizes the inventory with its administrative system. The previous system did not have it, but Odoo does.

IT Project Manager
Airlines/Aviation

"We like it as it is very easy and simple to use."

What do you like best?

I like that now I can work more easily and efficiently. Also, I have a chance to save a working time. Which is give me a better way to work extra. All work around me is working well.

What do you dislike?

I like to work with this solution and I think that nothing to complain about this platform. Always, will give a good help.I like that support service works well. As for tracking, the system working also good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is working well. With powerful tools, you will make your work up. Very easy to use them at working day. Also very good that with good accession to any electronic device. You can easily control your work from any distance.

We like to work on this platform. We are can make our work more clear and open. Also, it is good to have a good organization at work.Very good marketing part. Good work with the sale.

Finance Department Specialist

"Company-wide management"

What do you like best?

This platform has a great breadth in the services it offers. It has a support that is aware of any question or problem that may arise.

Customizing fields and workflows is really easy to do. Also the configuration in the accounting field.

What do you dislike?

The maintenance adjustment is a bit complex.

It is somewhat expensive compared to other programs.

The integration to a third-party BI platform sometimes there is no possibility of accessing that. Like the reports are a bit bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can be customized quickly and whenever you want and how you like to do it.

We use it in all business processes that have to do with financial processes, sales.

A product that lives up to the needs of the company and its customers.

We use this Odoo solution more frequently for sales, internally it became our main ERP in the company.

However, not only do we use it for sales, we have approached the manufacturing, accounting, billing and purchasing fields. Carrying it out in all these areas we have a greater effectiveness in buying and selling.

CEO

"Fully Integrated Business Platform"

What do you like best?

The modern, fast responding user interface and the phone and tablet apps are extremely intuitive and easy to use. All of my company information is in one place from contact info, customer history, opportunities and full accounting all under one platform.

What do you dislike?

Lack of direct online phone support staff

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Understand that this system is NOT turnkey and it takes alot of time and effort to get it configured. If you don't know the software find a qualified company to help configure. Depending on your company, and your processes, full deployment can take 9 to 12 months.

Properly deployed, this software can help you do much more, with less. We were able to forgo hiring 2 full time office staff.

I am able to have CRM/Sales/Purchasing/Human Resources/E-commerce/Help Desk/Accounting and more all under one platform. We can create professional quotes and invoices very quickly. All customer related info and project info helps us service our customers properly.

Retail Specialist

""Odoo Review""

What do you like best?

It integrates countless with which I can cover every one of the requirements of our business, notwithstanding this we include how adaptable it is when adjusting to the particular needs of our organization by making extra modules. It is anything but difficult to actualize because of its secluded structure which enables it to be executed in a staged methodology. Albeit open-source is an exceptionally integral asset and is incredibly simple to utilize, the UI of the product has been improving with every rendition both in appearance and usefulness.

What do you dislike?

You need some degree propelled PC learning, for the ideal arrangement of this application, and for the utilization of numerous highlights.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Odoo is an extraordinary instrument for dealing with your organization/business proficiently!

Through the implementation of the features that Odoo has given us. We put less time in efficiency and association yet get greater gainfulness.

Project Manager
Management Consulting

"Very flexible platform."

What do you like best?

I can create a site, and then I can easily add features as we grow for example like employment, client portal, development, newsletter, etc. as for me, branding is critical to company success.

What do you dislike?

Never had a problems with my working process. I don't have any delays in working needs. The program is very useful and simple for all of us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can create a much better site with the opportunity of this software. Definitely will recommend it to you. You will have the better way to have the most beautiful design. Also, you will have the chance to change everything to your own style.

We can easily measure the productivity of our trade campaign whether it's by email or via social media. Also, the system can better track pages and get notified automatically when our customers visit key pages.

Software Engineer

"Odoo - An OpenERP platform for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)"

What do you like best?

Odoo is a highly integrated Open source platform and maintains the Enterprise nitty-gritty at ease with highly customizable modules.

The ability to foresee a business process and utilize odoo solutions/modules for overcoming the problems faced by small and medium enterprises in maintaining their highly distributed data is a simple vanilla implementation of odoo.

The modules conflate at ease making it serene to understand the process flow at both functional and technical level.

Odoo is a dulcet ERP platform when it comes to tracking the sales,purchases, accounting, project management and forecasting the demand for products and increasing the revenue of customers utilizing the OpenERP solution, CRM (Customer Relationship Management ) and SCM (Supply Chain Management) are noteworthy in odoo.

What do you dislike?

Being an OpenERP platform, finding documentation for the process flows and understanding the modules remains an unpleasant part of the journey for a developer or functional expert. Due to the lack of ample amount of documentation especially in English (most widely spoken language) needs an area of improvement.

If configurations are not performed in the right manner, Database crashes and recovery is again a pain due to the limited documentation available.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good OpenERP platform with highly customizable modules to support any kind of business needs.

Odoo is best suited for small and medium businesses where data to be handled or tracked is not too much when compared to other ERP solutions that handle millions of data (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics etc)

The main problem we wanted to solve was maintaining one system to handle and solve all of the business processes from purchases to invoicing to shipping and enabling project management tool to distribute the work hierarchically in the organization with each user responsible for his/her own task and maintaining the RBAC (role based access control)

This has benefited us in:

- Increasing the revenue of the company

- Reducing the cost

- Seamless process integration

- Double validation check for all the transactions

Bachelor of Information Tecnology

"Odoo Review"

What do you like best?

It is a free and open source software.

It has a very clean and simple interface that helps new users to become familiar with the environment.

There are a lot of common and specific modules that help you to customize to the fullest.

What do you dislike?

The installation can be very expensive and slow.

Being open source is not as protected from external attacks as it can be a payment and closed source software.

In some cases there are compatibility problems in Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent software and free ERP with which you have total control of the company and help the management is fully optimized.

To manage our company in a very professional way in such a way that it saves us a lot of time and achieve a greater optimization in all areas of the company.

CEO, Founder

"Odoo the 0pen Source Beast! An Amazingly Powerful Business Solution!"

What do you like best?

Odoo is robust, flexible. It is very handy to manage business. It has lots of good features & functions that are very helpful for maintaining a good health of your business. The website architecture is also Search Engine Optimization friendly which is a plus. Supports Google Analytics Out of the box! And many more features. It is always possible to extend it using modules from a large catalogs.Have good & helpful community! It can be scaled according to your business so, it is possible to grow your Enterprise Resource Planning proportionally with your business which gives extreme flexibility!

Above all, its opensource!

What do you dislike?

Doesn't support Python 3 yet! And, it is a overkill for business with a small set of requirements Odoo is resource intensive. As the software grows it becomes hard to scale it with the demands due to resource intensiveness. Also, creating native mobile app version of the software is really tough. It is hard to customize the modules. And, the search functionalities needs improvement!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend others to use Odoo. Please, keep in mind that it might become an over kill for your business it its way too small. But overall odoo is a great tool for managing your company / business efficiently!

Pretty much all the benefits that any business can expect. ERP system of Odoo is pretty impressive. Also, the collection of apps are outstanding which makes it stand out of the crowds. Because of the open source nature there are many people to contribute on the project. Hence, lots of tools available to integrate with it to grow it even more! More importantly, there are lots of consultancies and IT companies that are based on odoo! It is possible to get a good ERP system up and running within a short period of time using odoo!

Director of Operations
Consumer Electronics

"TrackSafe GPS Odoo User Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the open platform features that allow you to add only the system options that you need without paying for unnecessary options.

It is also great to be able to test new applications or optionality on a demo instance to make sure works the way you imagined before you have to buy it,

customizations are also very helpful to be able to capture all the special requirements of our business.

What do you dislike?

i don't like that the enterprise version that we use doesn't allow you to add on the open sourced applications that the web version does.

Also, API integrations with external sources seems to be a pain point, We have been trying to get an automated integration for communication taxation (cannot be handled by taxcloud) but are unable to get Odoo to help. we will have to hire a third party developer to write a code that marries the two systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

create multiple free trial version with each application you wish to use.

make sure to have all processes documented so that Odoo can customize it to your needs from the beginning.

We are still in demo instance as we are a start up and dont launch until February.

The main problem we wanted to solve was having ONE SYSTEM that handled all business processes from Sales to Invoicing to Shipping.

Odoo seamlessly integrates all pieces of our business so we can manage more efficiently through one application rather than 3 or 4.

HNIC
Automotive

"Odoo Enterpise (paid version) a complete WASTE of 1800 dollars."

What do you like best?

Nothing. It didn't install correctly, work correctly or function correctly. Bought the enterprise version for 1800 dollars for bank feeds on their financial software and it doesn't work.

What do you dislike?

Buggy software that doesn't work and when you ask for help your told that as a new week old user you have to pay 1000 dollars minimum on top of your 1800. When asking for help, lectured about how "google is your friend"

IF you want an experience like ODOO's openERP gives you with paid enterprise or their paid online version, punch yourself in the groin and then pile up 1800 dollars and light it on fire.

BEWARE THAT THIS COMPANY HAS A NO REFUND POLICY!!!!! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't do it. as soon as they have your payment they don't care. If you must pay with american express so you can at least do a chargback if it goes south.

They are impossible to work with.

NO BENEFIT WHATSOVER

"The About Odoo"

What do you like best?

With Odoo, you can easily manage all your data through the Cloud without server costs. Odoo CRM, Sales, HR, Production, Marketing, Inventory, Accounting, Finance etc. It consists of a lot of applications. You can use any application according to your needs, you can make improvements and customizations on it.

What do you dislike?

With the free version you can see your work on a simple level. The displays are user-friendly, the designs are simple and convenient. However, the paid version is not cheap at all. This is perhaps the most complaining part of the customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We looked at modules like CRM or invoice tracking. You can access the application from both the web and mobile. There is no reason not to use the community version to meet your basic erp needs.However, if you want to customize some business according to the structure of your company, you will need to get support from third-party companies or you will need to create your own solutions if you have knowledge of python and software in general.

Thanks to its open source community, Odoo is being updated by a large number of developers in order to meet the changing needs of customers and bring new and innovative solutions.

"Good but requires a lot of work and patience"

What do you like best?

It's affordable compared to others. Once you learn Odoo it gets better. It is a one size fits application all so you just have to adjust. I think it works fairly well for a small business.

What do you dislike?

If you have an issue the support team is not in the US and can take a while to respond. I've noticed it has been getting better. You can tell the creators original language isn't English. Doesn't really have a traditional CRM.

We wanted to have all of our systems (CRM, ERP, accounting, etc.) connected but Salesforce combined with other SaaS programs was very expensive and too complex for a small business.

Content Manager
Public Relations and Communications

"Very good software to control your work."

What do you like best?

So nice that you can organize all your work.Very good working email with a high speed save time for you.Very good solution to keep my business up.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't find any issue in what I can complain. As I said before. So nice solution which will help you a lot. Great support line. Good tracking system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gives very good opportunity to increase your business. Great organization on everything. Perfect that to use all tools doesn't take a time. Great that it works from a mobile device and from any place.

Very strong solution. Help to us increases our work. So great on the full organization of all team. Sales are growing fast.Excellent way to use it.

"Odoo - all in one software"

What do you like best?

What i like in the Odoo is that, it is a all in one software and also they are releasing new new versions every year, which helps the customers to get and access the latest trends and features of the market. I believe Odoo have got all the features to run a business.

Odoo try's to interact with the customers by roadshows, event and the you tube channels, which will make them to stay close enough to the customers.

What do you dislike?

I personally dislike the Odoo partner ship program, where the partner ship level Gold, silver, ready have to be given based on the service to the customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a demo of odoo, ask them to map your business to odoo and see how it works.

There is no specific points to point out. Odoo is flexible enough to make necessary changes

AF

"This is a Great Open Source ERP Software that replaces many other software!"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt, the best parts of Odoo are their flexibility, their customizations, the various apps they have for different departments within a business. Once we started using Odoo it immediately replaced 5 different software we had been using before.

What do you dislike?

There aren't any dislikes just yet about Odoo, they are new & ever expanding, so by the time I start looking for an additional solution, Odoo comes in with more features & apps to help with the problem I'm having.

We had too many other small software using and needed to replicate data in each software over & over again. Additionally, we needed to start customising the various software, but they either couldn't be customised or could be integrated with any other software we used. With that, Odoo came in and solved all the problems we had when it came to the software & increasing our productivity.

Owner and Manager

"Business management all runner"

What do you like best?

You can do everything! It is a complex tool for managing a business: ERP, CRM, HRM, etc. There are many integrations and third party extensions to add functionalities you if they are needed. And all of this you can use for free ... well, some functionalities are paid but essentials are free.

What do you dislike?

As all runner, it is too complex and the learning curve is very steep. Also, after using it for several months I would definitely say it can be more user-friendly and easy to use. I still cannot understand why the didn't user the new material design in community edition too :(

It is not easy to install and setup, but it is not impossible and after finished you'll be happy with your new business management tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install it on a test server to try it and learn it.

odoo is a complex system. It can be used for accounting, inventory management, fleet management, HR management, CRM, marketing activities, e-mail lists, and many other aspects of business. I would compare it ti Microsoft Dynamics or SAP, but it is much much cheaper (or free). Maybe they are better but when comparing price/functionalities odoo is the winner. I use some of the features of it and after initial customization and setup it definitely saves me a lot of time and efforts for some tasks like inventory management, customer relations management, sales, e-mails management, etc. The integrations with online store and marketplaces is very useful too.

"Odoo is NOT for e-commerce businesses that sell on Amazon"

What do you like best?

The day I decided to drop Odoo and go with another software bundle.

What do you dislike?

They lied they don't' have a working Amazon Beta. After buying the support pack and paying 6 months of fee's we found out their connector couldn't connect to Amazon. They wouldn't refund the money instead they asked me to help them build the connector off the backend of my live Amazon account. 3 months later they still hadn't fixed the Amazon issues. I was building this on Odoo.sh V11 and asked since they released V12 will the Amazon connector be updated to run on the new version their answer they didn't know, WHAT! Once completely built and work it's your connector you would just stop the version at the first build. They are so backwards at Odoo. Maybe for other industries, it works but for Amazon, eBay, Magento there no good and soooo slow. Do your homework seriously.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

ShipStation, AmoSoft, Pipeline Deals for your CRM, Quick Books Enterprise

None Do NOT use Odoo if your an e-commerce business that sells at scale unless you want them to custom build your entire platform and plan on it taking 12 months, no kidding. I reached out to the CEO, CTO and the Manager and no one will call me back. My best advice grill them when you interview them have them spell it out in a contract ask how many people are actually using it and how many transactions are they doing on it.

Software Architect

"The best Open Source ERP in the world."

What do you like best?

As an end user: Almost every small or big company requirements are fulfilled out of the box, the UX is great and is always evolving, there is almost no need to use an extra software to get a specific task done.

The thing I like the most is that all features are integrated in a single app.

As a developer: Documentation is great, and the API is super easy to use and Python is one of the most clean programming languages in the world.

The code is not fully tested and the coverage is not good.

The code is not linted and I think this is not a good practice for python developers.

What do you dislike?

As an end user: Sometimes the company behind Odoo removes great features and this make users get mad, but almost every time there is a new way of doing it.

As a developer: They evolve at their own speed, I mean, they develop their own frameworks to avoid migrations with third party frameworks, but this causes that you end up using a lot of old technologies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it is the best price/quality option in the market, even free enterprise for a single app on their saas offer is great.

Today I'm currently developing an ecommerce website for a customer that sells computer parts and even when the demo data is computer parts on Odoo the real world is really different, I think it can be better, at odoo they like to simplify but sometimes they oversimplify.

Software Development Engineer

"It's FREE! The ERP to use in you small-mid company"

What do you like best?

The best? It's FREE! Formerly OpenERP, it has going in the right direction since this ERP changed its name. It has a huge capacity of personalization, along with modules. I'm liking a lot the fact that is open source, which is a neat thing to me. It's easy to implement, and easy to mantain. Time to go live is short, and it can be customized at a low level

What do you dislike?

I dislike the API. I worked as an Android Developer, and the documentation of the API seems quite unclear to me, and the example project they give is a crap. And being open-source, the Java library to integrates with the API is closed-source and poorly documented, at least the last time I checked it. No iPhone integration reference. IMO, high hardware requirements to work without "lag"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The implementation is cheap (I know that the suite is free, but trust me, you will want someone to implement and mantain it for you). Considering small companies (<20 employees), it's worth it. It's evolving in the right direction and at a good pace.

I work in a little company that works with worldwide-big companies too. In most of the big companies, they use SAP. But In my little own company, we use and implement Odoo, and we are partners in the south of Spain. My company had reselled lots of Odoo deployments, and personally I've developed a lot of Android apps

Executive Director

"The OpenSource ERP"

What do you like best?

There are several things really good about odoo. The first thing is that it is really more like a business development platform, than an ERP. It's really easy to implement business logic on top of the odoo "application server". That said - a lot of great modules have been created already. And many modules are interconnected.

The CRM module is awesome. It allows you to keep track of your leads and keep your opportunities in a Sales funnel. Commercial Contacts can be managed and you can keep track of your calls and messages to your leads. The "order by last message" feature gives you a cool feel as to when to contact that lead again. For opportunities you can also set a "next step" date.

The web site builder is great, too. Very intuitive and you design your website from graphical building blocks. The website builder also works with emails - I use it to design my marketing emails. And they look fantastic.

The accounting module is very thorough as well. You can link financial information - such as invoices - directly with your customer. Dunning can be implemented automatically, based on rulesets. Besides invoices odoo comes with full features accounting functionality (double ledger).

The HR module is also great to keep track of your employees leave days and other information. You can also store and classify CV's there for future employment.

What do you dislike?

Since odoo is opensource, I'd love to tweek it here and there once in a while. But I find it difficult to come by the information how to do it. There's lots of information out there - but it's not very organised.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out their free demo.

As a cloud based service I find it a little overpriced, but it's very good value for money in a self-hosted environment.

I'm managing with it pretty much all the business support processes I have in my company - Sales, Accounting, HR. Everything that is not technical.