Oracle Siebel Reviews & Product Details

What is Oracle Siebel?

The world's most complete customer relationship management (CRM) solution, Oracle's Siebel CRM helps organizations differentiate their businesses to achieve maximum top-and bottom-line growth. Why Oracle? Siebel delivers a combination of transactional, analytical, and engagement features to manage all customer-facing operations. With solutions tailored to more than 20 industries, Siebel CRM delivers comprehensive on premise and on demand CRM solutions that are tailored industry solutions with ole-based customer intelligence and pre-built integration.

Oracle Siebel Screenshots

Oracle Siebel Profile Details

Oracle Siebel Profile Details

Oracle
Description
Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems.
1977

Most Recent Oracle Siebel Video Review
Customer Service Representative
Telecommunications

"Siebei Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there is a hub infused in the software where company information on products and services can be sought for and pulled out. This has equally made employee training easier since there is an infused hub where I can get a vast array of information which can be used to provide management with accurate information.

What do you dislike?

Customer Interface is not entirely friendly it seems a bit outdated, it is not as slick as I would like it to be. Secondly, it think the ringtone should be changed at least there should be an option to change it. There is room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Software. I really recommend for any who wants a cool Customer Relationship Management Software.

Customer Information ist he key business problem that has been solved. Better means of employee training is the second.

ISKI

"Perfect CRM Platform With Oracle"

What do you like best?

It is a great choice for managing multiple sales teams in multiple locations. There is no limit for integration with other platforms, especially Ofice365. It is completely flexible and intuitive, and encourages collaboration and teamwork, superior report and report customization, and appropriate criteria for information search.

What do you dislike?

The design of some items, such as drop-down menus, icons, can be improved. It can only be used to filter by part number instead of account or opportunity. The application tends to be busy for the average user, depending on the content requirements of multiple businesses within their out-of-box capabilities. More integration between CRMOD and our reporting tools is essential.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Basically you can keep all the customer's information in hand, and access to that information is very simple. Its use and configuration is flexible. I also really like that I can generate as many reports as I want depending on what I need. The customer service is also great. They are happy to help you with anything you may encounter while using it.

Oracle CRM On Demand is well positioned among our experience. As a growing organization, finding a CRM that suited our needs was a constant transition phase. Oracle CRM gave us so many solutions that we found a winner on the platform.

Senior Analyst

"Greate database record and seraching sowtware"

What do you like best?

Minimal interface has no boring errors, social media features are not added and there are no other unnecessary features that become an unnecessary part of all other products. Customizable views. If I had the correct query string, I would basically need to customize the views to gather exactly the information I need in certain criteria. is a feature that I like in this application. My company's internal training did a great job teaching us how to use Siebel CRM. The training efficiency was very good and fun.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, there are incompatibilities with other browsers. For some reason, the application only required IE 8.0 and did not work in another browser, including newer versions of IE.

If you don't know what to look for, like forum sites, there is no all-inclusive search, and it's not easy to create the right query for what you're looking for. For this reason, I have stated that it is easy to customize the queries only in positive statements. It's just if you know what to write in a query. You can expect more power users to submit pre-built queries that make me more productive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It didn't have a great mobile solution, so it can be annoying especially for road fighters like me. As a user experiencing this software, I don't recommend this solution for enterprise deployment. Lack of support, slow performance and low searchability for modern browsers - they put Siebel CRM behind the package.

This tool worked well to quickly access incoming calls from end users. When we prepare the search criteria correctly, we can reach our request quickly. We have injected software into my internet-based database.As a user experiencing this software, I don't recommend this solution for enterprise deployment.

Account Executive

"I love Siebel!"

What do you like best?

The way the data is organized makes logical sense. Everything is connected to the Account (customer/prospect). Other systems have contacts, company, opportunities, etc. all separated. That makes it confusing. With Siebel once you open the account, you can access everything related to that customer/prospect. All the contacts attach to the account. All leads and opportunities are listed on the account. If a new lead comes in, it will go directly onto the account. If there is no account, it will go in as a contact record. When you find, or create, the account you can then move the contact to that account. Each prospect will have a prospect account - makes it SO easy to find everything you've ever done with that prospect, regardless of the "contact" you worked with at that company.

What do you dislike?

For me the only downside to Siebel is that it's not one of the more popular CRM's. So there is limitations on integrations & always training involved for new employees since so few have used it before.

Company wide CRM. Data was previously segmented into different programs. Siebel allowed us to pull everything into one database.

"It is horrible. Slow. Not intuitive. Time-wasting. Not helpful."

What do you like best?

It usually works. It crashes frequently, but usually works. Seriously, I don't like anything best. There is nothing great about this service. It's so bad that my colleagues and I do everything possible to use it as little as possible. It's terrible. I've been here nine years and it's painful every morning when I have to sign into this system.

What do you dislike?

Where should I start? First, it's terribly, an inexcusably slow. From the time I search a customer # or name it takes nearly 60 seconds for me to actually view the contract. Everything I need to see requires too many clicks, and each click requires me to wait as the system figures out what I just clicked. I don't have time to waste while waiting for a computer to think. I takes multiple clicks in multiple tabs for me to get all the info I need to understand the profile of my customer. It isn't linked to Outlook. This means it takes six separate mouse clicks, with subsequent waiting on each click, for me to attach an email to an activity. That's simply stupid. Don't want to waste more time on this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find something that actually meets end-user needs. Perhaps interview or pilot products with end-users before signing onto a product. Find something that integrates with Outlook.

I need to know everything about my customer. Who are they? What is their practice area? How long have they been a customer? When was the last contract signed? Who signed it? Who uses the service? How often do they use it? What products are included in their subscription? What parts of the subscriptions are used or not used? What have been their latest interactions with reps from our company? ...What benefits have I realized? Hmm... after many painful minutes of clicking around to various places, I can usually get a decent profile of my customer.

Vice President, Asia Pacific Sales

"Dinosaur CRM"

What do you like best?

It was a very functional and customizable CRM platform. It is able to be customised to fit the needs and processes of the companies implementing it.

What do you dislike?

The user interface looked like it was back from the dial-up days. It was really tough to use and very slow as well. Our adoption rates (as in real adoption, people using it day-in/day-out) was very low (we were acquired and moved from Salesforce to Siebel). Most reps only did the bare minimum in Siebel due to the difficulty, whereas in Salesforce they used it extensively and was a key tool. Speed was a big issue holding back adoption - it took forever to get data into the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the native web based apps for CRM, especially if you are not an enterprise/super large organisation.

Running all of our sales activities through Siebel as well as integrating it to run finance, billing, provisioning and working with our service teams to fulfil subscriptions and products.

Accountant

""Very valuable programming""

What do you like best?

Siebel populates profile information and feeds it over to different frameworks to make it simpler to finish my work. It has tabs to see different profile data on one framework. It's entirely simple to utilize and makes work simpler. It has the alternative to look by different techniques (arrangement number, name, SSN, and so on.). It's less demanding to discover data on a customer in the event that they are in the framework. There is additionally a worked in schedule and can follow openings and solicitations. Our entire business was coordinated and the product is very redone to our necessities.

What do you dislike?

The control overseer of the product can cause issues with the form of the web program that is opened since it isn't good with all, ideally it must be opened with Internet Explorer since it doesn't have support for more up to date forms, for example, Edge and substantially less with Chrome the absence of a Plugin In that makes this instrument perfect, makes it much heavier to deal with in every one of the PCs of the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Siebel is exceptionally flexible and can be modified to your organizations each need. With each extra customization however, guarantee your organization has enough assets and data transfer capacity to guarantee the product can be utilized easily without long holding up periods. I found that the product was anything but difficult to utilize and a simple change from working in contending CRM applications.

Oracle Siebel improved the arranging procedure for deals groups to both catch limited time deals movement just as item interest for changing groups the nation over. The extraordinary thing about this product was great interpretation programming which could take the majority of the inputted information and outline it effectively to different applications for audit and arranging.

Principal Consultant

"This is true enterprise CRM"

What do you like best?

Siebel CRM (short Siebel) is the industry pioneer in Customer Relationship Management including Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It uses a wide range of built-in business logic atop of a robust and scalable relational database systems (this isn’t limited to Oracle) and offers industry specific modules (so called horizontals) to choose from. From there an internal IT team or external system integrator can make configuration changes or customizations if needed.

What do you dislike?

No suitable offering for small businesses due to pricing and complexity.

I’m not an enduser but an IT professional who implemented Siebel hence am technically biased.

Speaking for my customers, here are some of the benefits which were achieved:

- seamless integration in enterprise applications stack

- 360 degree view of the customer across the enterprise

- built-in business logic

- robust system architecture

- secure

- high performance

- configurable

- customizable (to a degree)

- outstanding ROI

Bookkeeping and Accounting Administrator
Higher Education

"Oracle Siebel CRM Reviews"

What do you like best?

Using Siebel as a CRM is nice in that it allows for a wide variety of information to be stored in one place. The search features also work well.

The functionality of the software was excellent in terms of a customer CRM tool. Information was well organized and the software served it's purpose for the sales and planning teams.

It is automatically connected to your customer's telephone and helps us in analyzing their profile when we talk to them

What do you dislike?

It has server issues and also slowness. It even slows down your entire system. Maybe we need to explore other options to better scale the software.

It would be nice if Oracle provided more material that was accessible for training.

There is a lag in some of the larger reports. It can take over 30 minutes to run, or they don't run correctly at all. Again, this might go back to the issue of scale.

Service Provider Manager
Facilities Services

"I use Siebel all day, every day"

What do you like best?

The best part about Siebel is that it brings all of our data together into one piece of software. Nearly all of the work done by all departments in our company is done within this software. Our whole business is integrated and the software is highly customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

One thing that could use improvement is the user experience within the software. Many functions are not as intuitive as you might expect and there are some quirks that takes new users a little extra time to learn than other software. I have a feeling this is due to the age of the software platform as it does also look less attractive as newer software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This software is powerful and can be heavily customized to your needs but if you don't need all of that power you might want to look into slimmer options.

This is our software for customer relationship management, vendor management, work order and quote management, asset management, contract management, etc... we use Siebel for everything we do.

Logistics Sales Account Executive
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
(10,001+ employees)

"User Interface Clunky; Modifications Nearly Impossible"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is how hard it is to edit an entry you've made in error, and how difficult it is to get rid of those entries. Our CRM is full of accounts and customers that are duplicates or created in error and it slows down the system to have so much junk in there needlessly. The search filters could also be much better, add more filter options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think this might work better for a smaller company, or give more people admin privileges. Make sure to train employees on how to enter information and on what information cannot be easily deleted once entered.

I guess it's a few steps above just having a spread sheet or something for the entire office. I appreciate the structure it gives to the notes we take as well as the automatic date and time stamping. I also appreciate that it ties activities to users and includes information I'd need to contact those users to follow up.

Information Technology Specialist

"A CRM that is Affordable "

What do you like best?

Customer service is essential and hence, there is the need of managing the relationship between them and the.

This software makes the whole process a success and hence, we acknowledge it.. It is cheap compared with other CRM.

The time the vendor takes to respond to questions is also minimal.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet seen or encountered any problem with this CRM.. I think the developer is sharp enough to not them and rectify them before they reach us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Among the many CRM tools, go for the best

Evaluate all your needs and pick the one that suits you

Reaching out to our clients is the reason we th3of having this pack. Improving the insights and the satisfaction of our customers

"Most comprehensive CRM solutions"

What do you like best?

It's entirely simple to utilize and makes work simpler. It has the alternative to look by different techniques (arrangement number, name, SSN, and so on.) It's very smooth in running and very flexible, even a fresher can easily use it. Reporting is the best feature. It gives a perfect analysis of overall data and reports management is a very powerful part of Oracle, Dashboard is sort of easy to understand but only for those guys who have some information about analytics

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not user-friendly and I think pricing, it is quite expensive for a small business. Also, it sometimes takes too much time to load when the report is long. One has. to take thorough training before using it, so I can say that its little complicated for a newbie.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are part of a dynamic organization I would consider Siebel's capacity to pivot and meet your changing needs. I strongly suggest using it with a business intelligence platform. It is very powerful and can be customized to your needs.

The most important thing, before using it one needs to take a thorough training that will make you clearly understand it

360-degree view of the customer across the enterprise which improves performance.

Lead generation

Analytics

Customer Profile Management

Pathobiological Research Assistant
Government Administration

"Siebel for every company use"

What do you like best?

Siebel brought all of our data together into one piece of software. Nearly all of the work done by all departments in our company was done within this software. Our whole business was integrated and the software is highly customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

The control administrator of the software can cause problems with the version of the internet browser that is opened since it is not compatible with all, preferably it has to be opened with Internet Explorer since it does not have support for newer versions such as Edge and much less with Chrome the lack of a Plugin In that makes this tool compatible, makes it a lot heavier to handle in each of the computers of the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is of global use, it helps to take control of each of the clients with their purchase preferences, addresses, fiscal data or any order tracking that has been done.

The inventory controls, taken at the level of each SKU with its measure and individual price, as well as grouped in a special price list that is assigned to each of our customers depending on the volume of purchase made by each, these can be customized to get special discounts or wholesale

"Vida de información."

What do you like best?

Nos encanta el hecho de que hay un centro de información en el software donde se puede buscar y obtener información de la compañía sobre productos y servicios. Esto también ha facilitado la capacitación de los empleados, ya que hay un centro con infusión donde puedo obtener una amplia gama de información que se puede usar para proporcionar información precisa a la gerencia.

What do you dislike?

La interfaz del cliente no es del todo amigable, parece un poco desactualizada, no es tan elegante como me gustaría que fuera. En segundo lugar, cree que el tono de llamada debe cambiarse, al menos debería haber una opción para cambiarlo.

El mayor beneficio es la automatización de los procedimientos de gestión de datos, junto con la ayuda en la gestión de grandes volúmenes de datos. Además, Oracle Siebel también le brinda a nuestro cliente una vista única del cliente, lo que les brinda una excelente manera de administrar su personal.

"Ayuda a las necesidades"

What do you like best?

Siebel rellena la información de perfil y las envía a diferentes marcos para que sea más fácil terminar mi trabajo. Tiene pestañas para ver diferentes datos de perfil en un marco. Resulta muy sencillo de utilizar y simplifica el trabajo. Es menos exigente descubrir datos de un cliente en caso de que estén en el marco.

What do you dislike?

El control del producto puede causar problemas con la forma del programa web que se abre, tenemos que realizarlo a traves de Internet explorer lo que resulta muy molesto.

Oracle Siebel mejoró el procedimiento de organización para que los acuerdos capten tanto el movimiento de ofertas de tiempo limitado como el interés de los artículos para cambiar los grupos en todo el país. Lo fantástico de este producto fue la programación , que podría tomar la mayoría de la información ingresada y resumirla de manera efectiva a diferentes aplicaciones para su auditoría y organización.

"Encantados con el programa."

What do you like best?

Oracle Siebel rellena la información de perfil y la envía a diferentes marcos para que sea más fácil terminar el trabajo. Tiene distintas pestañas para ver diferentes datos de perfil en un marco. Es completamente simple de utilizar y simplifica el trabajo.También hay un horario trabajado y puede seguir las aberturas y solicitudes. Todo nuestro negocio fue coordinado y el producto está muy bien enfocado a nuestras necesidades.

What do you dislike?

El producto puede causar problemas con la forma del programa web que se abre, ya que no es bueno para todos, idealmente, debe abrirse con Internet Explorer ya que no tiene soporte para formularios más actualizados.

Oracle Siebel mejoró la organización para que los grupos de acuerdos capten tanto el movimiento de ofertas de tiempo limitado como el interés de los artículos. Lo maravilloso de este producto fue la excelente programación de interpretación que podría tomar la mayoría de la información ingresada y resumirla de manera efectiva a diferentes aplicaciones para auditoría y organización.

Advisor

"Too customized to be useful?"

What do you like best?

Overall, Siebel does what it's supposed to do - keep track of prospects, contacts, opportunities and pipeline (through close or loss).

What do you dislike?

In my case, Siebel can be so customized that it is a giant pain in the ass to actually use. As a sales person, there are only a handful fields I want to see and use......but the version (custom implementation at my former company) I was forced to use made me dread the weekly updates I had to do. So I'd want it to be much easier to create a view that only matters to me (and other sales people) and leave out all the other stuff the rest of the company might care about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not over complicate implementations. Give every type of user their own view and leave out the stuff that doesn't matter to them.

It seems like our CFO and CEO could get what they wanted out of it.....so that's a benefit. But for those of us that have to input and manage data, I found it too user unfriendly to be truly useful.

Internal Sales & Services Analyst
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Use this every day for work"

What do you like best?

Siebel populates profile info and feeds it over to other systems to make it easier to complete my work. It has tabs to view various profile information on one system. It's pretty easy to use and makes work easier. It has the option to search by various methods (policy number, name, SSN, etc.). It's easier to find info on a client if they are in the system. There is also a built in calendar and has the ability to track opportunities and requests.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Siebel is slow, crashes, or does not have updated information. Sometimes info does not sync to other systems that I use. This can be frustrating since it makes it harder to complete my work. Sometimes I have to log in manually instead which can take some time. The IT support is pretty good and usually resolves issues fairly quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Oracle Siebel is a great system. It's user-friendly and provides a lot of helpful info. It sometimes crashes or does not sync with other systems though.

I use Siebel to talk to clients (agents, customers, brokers, etc.).. It makes it easier to access their personal info if updated correctly (name, SSN, address, phone number, activity). It also allows me to view certifications, call logs, and requests. It also makes is easier to log opportunities to grow our business. It is one of the systems I use every day for work and it makes work more efficient.

Key Account Executive
Food & Beverages

"Highly useful software although lacking speed and user performance"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The application speed in comparison to it's largest competitor was noticeably slower when working inside the database and planning promotional activity. Our IT team was constantly attempting to reduce the amount of wait time but it seemed to always be an uphill battle and never easily resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Siebel is very versatile and can be customized to your companies every need. With each additional customization though, ensure your company has enough resources and bandwidth to ensure the software can be used smoothly without long waiting periods. I found that the software was easy to use and an easy transition from working in competing CRM applications.

Oracle Siebel simplified the planning process for sales teams to both capture promotional sales activity as well as product demand for varying teams across the country. The great thing about this software was excellent translation software which was able to take all of the inputted data and chart it easily to various applications for review and planning.

Manager, Sales Technology
Insurance

"Siebel is still the best CRM"

What do you like best?

Siebel is a powerhouse of processing power. It has been able to grow with our business over the last 14 years, requiring very little configuration to handle the complex relationships our business has. Automation and the streamlining of work has been critical in allowing our users to handle increasingly demanding volumes of workload.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I'd say Oracle is actively working on. The complexity of upgrading has been a challenge over the years and I look forward to the gains in this area coming with IP17 and IP18.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For businesses like ours that have complex relationships between their customer entities Siebel is the most capable at meeting those needs out of the box. It's flexibility and powerhouse of processing make it a perfect backbone to use alone, or to source a cloud application from.

Business Process Automation and complex relationship management. We've saved thousands of hours of processing time over the years with Siebel's ability to automate record creation and process workflow.

HR Generalist
Hospital & Health Care

"Good for those who can view a lot at once"

What do you like best?

lots of different view options so you can see many things at once. it was my first CRM to learn how to use and I figured out the basics. there were a lot of tabes so you could see what you were looking at from various angles. It was a good first CRM to learn since it was straightforward and easy to go step by step learning how to pull information and how to export to excel.

What do you dislike?

too many things to look at at the same time. use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate. You need to be a decent multitasked to use it well. It often froze too. sometimes it was hard to access the information I was looking for quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate... Lots of different viewing options. There might be more features in other products

CRM and pulling reports and data. use if necessary but there are probably better options out there. There might be upgrades since I last used it. IT can be tough to navigate. I used it for seeing what legal terms the customer had with us previously. I used it for addresses and phone numbers and email addresses so lots of contact information.

Marketing Analyst
Financial Services

"Siebel Review"

What do you like best?

I like that my appointments are can be prioritized. Right now we are able to load a list of email or web engaged leads and prioritize them in my appointments in order to give them a second touch after their engagement.

What do you dislike?

The interface needs a serious face-lift. It's hard to visually organize items in the leads and appointments view. Maybe we just don't use it, but I wish I didn't have to link to another applications to see their spend history.

Sales tool I use for managing my past clients and prospects in order to organize my sales efforts.

Fine Jewelry Specialist
Higher Education

"Oracle S Review "

What do you like best?

The software in it self is an overall great software in any sales environment. I’ve seen major improvements with the system over the past year and I know it will only continue to get better!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would dislike about Oracle is when there’s updates it sometimes causes the software to run slow and was randomly freezing because of the updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great use in any sales environment, software has recently improved within the past 12 months and as a user I highly recommend.

Processing consisting of Point of Sale for checkout purposes, Online Ordering for .com orders and application processing. The major benefit would be how fast the software runs now since there has been some system updates.

"Pros and Cons of Oracle Siebel"

What do you like best?

Oracle Siebel is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application. It helps various businesses to provide top customer services experience. It can help in large enterprise management. It can be used for versatile tasks such as managing customer queries, maintaining and managing customer databases, managing ticket system etc. The best part is it allows personalization of the tool according to your business needs.

I have worked on maintaining a personalized version of Siebel built for handling customer pension data. The power of Siebel and the way it allows us to explore the data from the field level to the application level is amazing. All the mapping of fields, applets, workflows etc are systematically accessible through Siebel.

What do you dislike?

It is not a user friendly application since it has a lot to offer. You need to be knowledgeable to start using Siebel. The structure is pretty complex to understand when you begin but with time you will realize the power of the application. Since the structure is complex, you need to be careful while making changes to any data.

Each time you navigate to a new window say from Tables to Applets, you need to query things again and again. Only the hierarchical query results are maintained.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is one of the best CRM applications to use. It has a lot of features and services to use. It is very secure. It allows you to personalize the application according to your business needs.

It helped maintain the application created by personalizing Siebel application. Any updates or fix required could be updated through application.

Oracle Siebel Features

• Contact & Account Management
  • Partner Relationship Mgmt. (PRM)
  • Opportunity & Pipeline Mgmt.
  • Task / Activity Management