Mozy Reviews & Product Details

What is Mozy?

Whether you're backing up a home, small business, or large company, Mozy has an online backup plan for you.

Mozy Profile Details

1-50 of 66 total Mozy reviews

Mozy Reviews

1-50 of 66 total Mozy reviews

"Great tool for backup"

What do you like best?

It is just a great tool with simple and easy use interface . Works absolutely great on devices with lower version which is the best part of this software which has been helping me in a great way of backing up all my data safely on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Mozy lets me back up all my important data safely on the cloud and it's protecting my date effectively hence there is nothing that I'm expecting more from mozy ! I'm satisfied with it's performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I always have been advising all my friends and colleagues to use mozy or just to give it a try for protecting data on cloud without risk of getting hacked.

It is very reliable and it is absolutely a great software for backing up all my data safely on cloud. The best part is, I can simply download the uploaded data in any devices by logging in, hence it is actually serving a great purpose of securing our data. It helps me to back up data of multiple formats which is the best part.

Software application developer

"Very helpful software to take backup ."

What do you like best?

Very easy and simple way of taking backup of all my important data. It works really very great and it reminds me to take backup accordingly therefore it makes sure that I'm taking back up of my data and keeping it safe on cloud. I have been using it since long time and I'm very satisfied with it's efficiency . It is used friendly

What do you dislike?

It takes lot of time to download the backup files and save on my devices. It is a little bit slow process that I hate to see and there are providing very less amount of storage space for a person so I'm not able to take back up of all my necessary documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend all to use this application to take back up of your data easily and a safer method.

It is very reliable and I can stay tension free after the data is taken back up. I take back up of my important data so as to avoid the risk of getting my data lost. It is very safe, time saving, and easy way of protecting my data. I maintain all my data in documents and directly upload on mozy to be at safer side.

quality control engineer

"Best application for Back-up!"

What do you like best?

Best thing about mozy is that it lets me helps me back up all of my important data and documents easily into the cloud and helping me prevent the data to be cracked by hackers. Mozy is also very easy to use and anybody can get with the software very quickly and start using it. It helps me secure all my data without having the chance of losing any of it.

What do you dislike?

I have been using mozy since quite a time and I actually seem to have no problems with it nor did I fin any drawbacks in Mozy. However, I only get a limited space for storage and I have to only use it. If the developer had given us the full advantage of using as much space as we want, it would b very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For those of you who are looking for some serious applications for back up, then i would personally suggest you to use Mozy not only because of its user friendly interface but also because of how efficiently the software works.

I usually have a lot of confidential data and documents in my computer so i have the risk of losing my data anytime, to avoid this i use mozy and get all of my documents and data backed up. Recently I lost all my data since my device went through a breakdown, all thanks to mozy, i ha my data backed up and I thankfully got all my data back within minutes.

Aditya B

"Perfect application for backing up my important data! "

What do you like best?

Best thing about Mozy is it is very user friendly and very easy to get with it! Even a beginner won’t have any problem using it. I get my useful data and documents backed up and avoid then risk of hackers cracking my data. It is also very reliable because the last time my phone was automatically formatted and thanks to mozy I got all my data back.

What do you dislike?

Since Mozy is a very useful and productive application, I personally found to have to no drawback except for one, that is mozy gives me only a limited use for storage, if only I had the full freedom of using space as much as I want, it would be awesome. Other than this, Mozy doesn’t seem to have any drawback and works quite well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mozy is a very useful product, be it for your personal activities or using it in your company, mozy will always get your data and documents into your device anytime and anywhere you want. Using Mozy you don’t have to worry about your storage devices or pen drives or hard disks, you can always get your data into your device and get going. I personally suggest everyone to use Mozy and get rid of your storage devices.

I have been using Mozy from a very long time It seems like mozy has a very important role, I always use mozy to back up all the documents and data from my company to be on a safer side and not lose any of it. It helps me maintain my business record.

UE

"The best tool to backup my important files"

What do you like best?

It can store huge amount of data and it doesn't has any risk factors like leakage of our data so I feel it very same to upload my important business files there

What do you dislike?

Mozy gives only limited space to store my data, it doesn't allow me to upload data if I exceed the limit of data that I have entered so that's a little bit of problem.. Other than that, I haven't come across any other problems

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very helpful software to back up our data online without any fear of leakage of our data which is being uploaded on the server

I can keep my documents safely there, whereby I can prevent the risk of loosing my data in case I get my device flashed or wiped out or hacked so my documents are confidential and safe here I believe

(10,001+ employees)

"Simple and best application to backup"

What do you like best?

Best thing about mozy is it helps me to get backup of my documents n data easily and safely.it secures all my data without having chance of loosing it.and there is no risk of hackers cracking my data.mozy is open source that is another best part of it and I'm happy to use it.

What do you dislike?

It is time consuming

It provides limited space to store data

Other than this I haven't come across any problems with mozy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly recommend this to all n make best use of mozy.

user-friendly software

Ease of use

There have been several times where mozy helped me to backup my company documents when my system got crashed.

And I can keep confidential files without any risk of loosing it.

"The ultimate mozy "

What do you like best?

Very helpful application which we get a data back.the most secured and very helpful to keep our documents. mozy is very reliable and easy to operate. We can back it up regularly.the app is most protected and i am happy to use it.

What do you dislike?

This is some wt time consuming and need more time to process. Mozy could be better if it allows me to use more storage that I wants to use.other than that it’s a perfect application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend all to make a best use of it. Best application to backup all your data.

It helps me to maintain my records. My company make a very much use of it which helps to backup all my data.

Senior software engineer

"Nice application for backup"

What do you like best?

Mozy is a great application to take backup of all my necessary documents and notes that I need to secure and keep them safe. It is easy to operate and mozy is very reliable.

What do you dislike?

I didn't face any issue or casualty so far. I'm happy with the service of mozy .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best application for backup so I suggest all to use this software to backup necessary data.

With the help of mozy, I'm able to backup my important documents in the cloud without any risk if loosing my data. It has been working sufficient and I can upload my data and stay tension free.i have been protecting my data by uploading on mozy since 2 years.

Business Applications Manager
Telecommunications

"Mozy has saved me - and my files - on multiple occasions!"

What do you like best?

I can "set and forget it" - but if a backup hasn't been able to complete, I get a notice about that so I can always make sure my files and data is protected. The ability to get to my files and data anywhere that I have an internet connection is invaluable, and one that I've used several times. I don't dread replacing my computer now that I have Mozy - it's very simple to move from one device to another. I also like being able to have my husband's computer on my plan, so I have piece of mind that both devices are being regularly backed up.

What do you dislike?

In the event that you have to restore your files, it can be very time consuming - but considering how much data is being saved, it's a small price to pay.

There have been several times that I've used my Mozy backups to retrieve files that were accidentally deleted. I've also used it to seamlessly move from one computing device to another. I've also recommended Mozy to family and friends and they have been thankful for peace of mind it has provided.

(10,001+ employees)

"The Best application to backup my data on cloud"

What do you like best?

It gives protection to our data, files and documents and we can store huge amount of data and files on mozy and its easy to get backup of our data more over it is mozy is open source

What do you dislike?

It provides limited space to store our data and its difficult to stop when once mozy started processing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this mozy application because it is easy to use and its free and open source.mozy works well for software and other companies to get online backup of files and documents.

In mozy application I can keep my confidential files and my business data safely without risk of loosing data.

"Best Backup Tool"

What do you like best?

Mozy is very helpfull for taking online backup service for both macOS and windows.

Mozy provides automatic backups.Its very easy to set the specific time of day or number of times we want it to backup throught the day.

What do you dislike?

The amount of storage available is limited. It would be helpfull if the storage space is increased.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very secure to store all the important data as the data can be accessed anytime when it is required.

It has user friendly interface which is very reliable to use.

All the data that is part of a backup will be stored in the cloud. Hence it is very secure for backing up the data using mozy.

In case the device is lost the data will be securely present in the Mozy which we can access at any given time.

Web Production Assistant
Retail

"Quality Back Up Service For A Good Price"

What do you like best?

The syncing process of uploading your files to the cloud is very easy. I never had any trouble figuring out what files were backed up and which files weren't. Also the process of downloading saved files after a crash was very easy. It's s service I sued moer than once.

What do you dislike?

While the software provided is powerful, I think they could do better with the amount of space they give you for the money you are paying for. Ultimately I discontinued using Mozy because I needed more space. The features I traded from mozy for more space were worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just getting started backing things up online into the cloud, Mozy is a great place to start. Very user friendly sfotware.

The recovery of my lost data was the biggest problem I solved with mozy. While I didn't settle on this software overall, I would certainly recommend it to someone who was curious to try it out.

(10,001+ employees)

"Best and wonderful mozy "

What do you like best?

firstly it’s very easy to use and understand.its not having any complications. We can easily back up our data. It also reminds me to back up my.there is problem of leakage of data.Best application to get our data back.

What do you dislike?

It’s a online and we have a limited storage to use other than this it’s a very good application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend all my colleagues and friends to use it. A very good application which helps to back up our data safely.

It reminds me to get my data back.we can safely back up our data. A best application to back our data.

Service Manager

"Great backup software with automated replication to the cloud"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, install and backup data to the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Not great for backing up databases, such as Exchange or SQL. Best fit for smaller environments (1-2 servers).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you require a backup software for data, Mozy charges based on space. This is not a great solution if you have a very large set of data as you will pay for it to upload to the cloud. That being said, if you're a small shop with "average" data, this tool will automatically backup all data effortlessly.

The software is great for backing up data and replicating it in real time to the cloud. It does not do a great job with databases or bare metal restoration of servers. Best fit for smaller companies but is very easy to implement and administer.

Software Trainer, Consultant, Programmer & Database Developer

"I finally feel confident that my files are getting backed up automatically!"

What do you like best?

That it is fairly cheap for an online backup system, it's very easy to setup, it's easy to add more space when needed, and it's VERY easy that it just does it's "thing" behind the scenes and I will never be put in the situation where I lost all of my important files and photos!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like about Mozy. I am only sorry that I had to lose a lot of my files and photos first before I started using Mozy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

NO matter what, all home user's should be backing up their important files and photos to an online backup service - Mozy is a perfect answer for that!

Not only do I use Mozy to backup all of my client files but I tell all of my clients to use Mozy to create online backups of their data too.

Software application developer

"Enjoying great services from mozy"

What do you like best?

I have been backing up my data online since so long and I haven't found even a single casualty.. it is very reliable and it's simple user interface helps me to operate it very easily

What do you dislike?

They have giving limited storage to back up, other than this I'm very happy with the service of mozy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly recommend everybody to use mozy to store their data online

I have been saving my important data safely in mozy without any risk of getting hacked or loosing my data..I can simply just rely mozy to save data on cloud

Web Developer
Higher Education

"Good to use but makes the system extremely slow"

What do you like best?

Mozy is easy to use. I was able to recover the files very easily once when I lost few files from my system.

- Easy to recover files.

- Not much difficult to configure, although we had some IT help.

- We can schedule the backup's.

- The alternative for poor performance is do not schedule the backup in the office hours.

What do you dislike?

- When mozy is in progress of taking backup, the system becomes drastically slow.

- It's very hard to even pause then mozy is in progress.

- All you have to do it bear with it.

- We had to select the folder manually which has to be added for backup, that process somewhat can improved.

- if your system has antivirus and mozy both running, you can't do anything else, even though my system RAM was 32 GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Easy to Configure

- Easy to Use

- All I did not like is, it makes the system pathetically slow, rest all is quite good.

We had mozy installed in everyone's system. We were using mozy to restore the lost files.

Sr. Web Developer

"Easy backup to the cloud"

What do you like best?

Setup is very easy and also the way to select folders/files to backup is extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the backups take very long and it is difficult for the client to keep up with the amount of changes. Normally this happens at the beginning of the setup but once that is done there are no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to try it with the trial they offer. I think the best you can do is to test with a sample of your files so the initial setup doesn't take too long and then run tests of restore. You'll find it is very easy to do

Everything at work we backup with mozy. All of our documents and project files are in the cloud with them.

Senior Executive Support Engineer
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"It is an effective way to backup pertinent user data even for the consummate traveler."

What do you like best?

What I love best about Mozy is the incremental backup system it does and that it takes advantage of whenever the machine is connected to the internet to initiate the backups in the background. it will do this on a variable you select in upwards of 12 times a day maximum. It's not overly resource intensive either.

What do you dislike?

Honestly the thing I liek least is that the initial implementation is lengthy based on the local data stored for the user. If you have a large OST file in Outlook that you want to backup you feel it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a versatile cloud based backup option that works as well for your stationary and traveling users.

We have many users who aren't stationary so this allows them to be in a hotel or client and still safeguard their data to a cloud based managed and secure service.

"simple to use across both mac and pc"

What do you like best?

the auto schedule capabilities keeps you worry free. you know your files are being backed up, even if you don't sense that a process is running.

What do you dislike?

in general i like my machines to be pristine, so admittedly i was not a fan when our outsourced IT team suggested we use mozy. but that was a while back. now it's just on and running without any intervention from me.

i work on a marketing team where everything is content, content, content. we have many ways that we share files, like dropbox, box, google drive, etc...so i'm constantly syncing or downloading team members locally to work on them. with so many files and revisions, i never know if my stuff is backed up appropriately in case my laptop is stolen or is dropped, etc... that's where mozy comes in. to give me the piece of mind that all my stuff is protected

Senior Software Developer

" It's is one of the best application to get our lost data back "

What do you like best?

I can backup my important documents and my confidential files without risk of getting hacked..

It is very easy to use

What do you dislike?

The drawback of mozy is . it provides only limited storage to store our data

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can upload my data and my business files on mozy without any fear of lossing it.in case if we lost our data accidentally.

With the help of mozy application we can keep our data safely if incase any data loss or hacked

Senior IT Director
Religious Institutions

"Mozy Backup"

What do you like best?

Simple, ease to setup and use. Can control bandwidth up/down so it doesn't kill your other apps.It has version control, file syncing, 50Gb's is a decent amount to start off with. Security encrtyption is minimal at 128 bit. Restoring files is a breeze and simpler than some other services which email you the file back. It looks and feels like a restore in Explorer (Windows)

What do you dislike?

A little expensive for what you get. When you install the program, it tries to do a full backup by default and that can take forever depending on how much data you have. What would be better is the ability to select only the files you want initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Crashplan, AWS, Barracuda

Desktop/Laptop standalone backups for people who do not participate in the domain or network.

Sr. PHP (Drupal) Web Developer - Contractor
Hospital & Health Care

"Mazy Pro Backup Office Laptop"

What do you like best?

It doesnt bother the user when backing up. Just runs in the background in specified intervals.

What do you dislike?

If the backup didnt run the user doesnt get any notification of failure. The IT guys dont keep track of whether our data was backed up or not.

Sometimes background running slows the PC down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mozy Pro lets you manage backup and restore remotely from admin pc.

Easy migration of data from one laptop to another in case of hardware failure. The restoring of backup if pretty simple and happens in th ebackground one new hardware has been setup

Founder

"Simple and effective backup"

What do you like best?

Mozy is a set-it-and-forget-it backup routine - which is vital to get people to actually keep their data backed up on a consistent, ongoing basis.

What do you dislike?

Interface feels slightly dated, but given how little I interact with it, it doesn't matter all that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy setup and flawless backup. What more do you need?

Perpetual, ongoing backup. New files are pushed to the backup cloud whenever there's an idle cycle in my computer use - so really, it's like having perpetual backup. Since I've started using Mozy, I've never suffered data loss that I couldn't easily recover from.

UE

"A quick background backup client that's very unobtrusive"

What do you like best?

The application sits in the background giving you peace of mind that your data will remain safe (through redundancy). You're also able to indicate certain files not be backed up by keeping them in folders, which may be desirable if you're paranoid about security.

What do you dislike?

You have to put files into a specific folder to prevent them from being backed up, instead of selecting specific folders you might not want backed up. Which is fine. This is mainly only an issue in folder hierarchies, as you can always keep info on separate partitions, or drives and not worry about it. Not to mention, it's secure, so why not just backup everything anyway?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very unobtrusive software; in fact you might even forget that it's there if you're not looking at your system tray. Set it and forget it, and let your data remain secure!

Maintaining file integrity, in the event of loss. Being cloud-based, it's also possible to 'recover' files that you might have forgotten to bring with you to a business conference or otherwise.

AI

"Mozy - Great Backup Software"

What do you like best?

I love that you can choose what folders or files you need to backup from the desktop app, and you do not have to go online every time to change settings. You can add more devices even after the account is active and setup.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislike anything, it is really easy to use.

We use Mozy for backups of laptops and servers. There are many benefits like being able to add users immediately, no delay, really easy to download the application on the computer, you can add more devices even after setting up the user with 1 computer.

"Best application for backup"

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to access. And do not take much time to take the back-up.

What do you dislike?

I did not find any such disadvantage for so long.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy and secure the risk of getting information lost. So I suggest to you all take the advantage of application.

I can store my data on cloud and avoid the risk of getting my data lost.

Technical Support Specialist

"Great Backup for Home use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy use for setup and ability to access anywhere after the sync has been established.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that it's not a true network based solution as some have proposed. I tested and was unable to create a backup of my "home share" which carried my documents, desktop, etc.. this was due to setup not being able to recognize my network config.

This was helpful for remote users and creating backups of data in case of downed equipment or laptop swap outs.

"pretty reliable"

What do you like best?

the backups are quick and don't hog up resources

What do you dislike?

the time it takes to load what you're backing up is ridiculous. to get to the LIST of files to restore takes about 10 minutes of just waiting. I know its hundreds of thousands of files but I bet there is a faster way to do this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to use, easy to get started, the whole allocation of space to individual users is nice, but if you don't need it, it can be confusing

its an online backup solution. let's not overcomplicate this.

Police Dispatcher
Law Enforcement

"Great online backup site"

What do you like best?

I love being able to access my files anywhere I go and I don't have to be tied down to one device to access the files.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I disliked about this site. I wish that you did not have to pay for it but it is understandable.

Benefits I am realizing are that we are able to store more online and cut down having to have so much hard copies of documents.

AS

"MozyPro not all it's cracked up to be"

What do you like best?

MozyPro has some great features; Easy set up, web based management console, rules which allow you to manage an entire organization.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with Mozy has been it's reliability. We have had to manually update, stop the service and restart, completely uninstall and reinstall and critical data has been lost by backups. Too unreliable over 60+ workstations to recommend

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have redundant backups as well to prevent loss of critical data

We were trying to prevent loss of critical data due to intentional espionage, viruses and other unintentional methods. We have had some success in restoring data when situations occurred, but also had several failures.

"Mozy can help you with saving your data"

What do you like best?

Set it and forget it. I don't have to really do anything. Once you set up the parameters for how Mozy will save and backup your data it runs quietly and efficiently in the background. I don't have to do anything else unless I need to retrieve something.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. You can push it out to multiple workstations if necessary and if you have trouble with a hard drive and need to go back to retrieve a file or a last good save it's very easy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Whether you have 1-3 or 100-300 workstations, Mozy has a solution

Outages and down-time happens. Mozy makes sure you don't lose anything that you've done in the past if you need to go find it. Or if you have to rebuild a drive, it's all archived.

Vice President & Chief Operating Officer

"Inexpensive but powerful"

What do you like best?

Mozy serves our needs well as a small business. It is very affordable and their dashboard is powerful but simple. Restores and backups are fast and easy. Great product!

What do you dislike?

Only issue we've experienced is some lag during incremental daily backups.

We've been able to create an easy backup solution for our network PC's that is safe, affordable and reliable.

Director

"Simple yet effective cloud back-up and restore solution"

What do you like best?

Set it to run and back-up once or twice a day, select files / directories you want to back-up, and it does it all for you.

Super simple to restore files too, e.g. after over-writing

What do you dislike?

running out of space, but then I either buy more space, or remove old directories no longer needing backup

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start free, but pay if you need it once you can see what it can do

Back-up, Restore, Resilience, Security

Technical Support Engineer

"Easy backup experience!"

What do you like best?

How quick the backups occur, takes almost no time.

What do you dislike?

After the backup is complete, the program won't shut down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's an easy enough tool to use, I'd suggest giving it a trial run, especially if you are looking for ease of security.

Security. Allows us to work from the cloud more often, and in the event of a lost machine, we are not at a loss, and can pick right back up.