GoodSync Reviews & Product Details

GoodSync Overview

What is GoodSync?

GoodSync is an easy-to-use software that automatically backs up and syncs your files between any computer, mobile device or drive; with or without using the cloud. All this with no monthly fees!

GoodSync Details
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified)

GoodSync easy-to-use software automatically backs up and syncs your files between any computer, mobile device or drive; with or without using the cloud

Siber Systems
Phone
1-703-218-1851
1995
Fairfax, VA
@roboform
Description

Siber Systems is a privately-held company, headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia. Our flagship products, RoboForm and GoodSync, are used by millions of people worldwide. Our customers range from individual users and small businesses, to government agencies and leading Fortune 500 companies.

GoodSync Screenshots

GoodSync Reviews

Showing 39 GoodSync reviews
Already have GoodSync?
Music/Art Teacher, Web manager
What do you like best?

The UI is fairly simple and straightforward. The program does a very good job verifying exactly what you would like sync/backup. It is also intuitive to ask which way the files should be backed up between locations. There is also an option to exclude certain folders from backing up by right-clicking on the selected files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When letting you know of file conflicts, it could be a little easier to use by having a list of all the conflicts for you to check boxes for instead of 1 error message per conflict. When there are several hundred conflicts, it takes a while to click through each one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Goodsync is an excellent software to use especially for WD NAS devices, computers, and external hard drives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to use it successfully on several occasions to back up and sync files to and from the network at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Syncing works great, the software detects deletions, changes, moves, etc. You can store sync presets and then just analyze/run them. I sync both of my hard disks regularly and had never a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing policy is very bad. You need to pay every year in order to continue using it. 30 USD per year(!) is very expensive for such a niche product which you use maybe once or twice a month. Until version 10 they had a one-time payment, I purchased it then. This year (2020) they offered to upgrade to version 11 but they did not tell you that the new license expires! It should be stated somewhere when upgrading that you lose this, shouldn't it? Nothing on these pages:

Not even here:

Their communication strategy is bad, I would even say it is fraudulent / deceitful. I am wondering how many v10 users upgraded without noticing and then they are pissed off... I asked them if it is possible to downgrade from v11 to v10 but did not get any answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware of the temporary character of the licence. It will expire after one year!!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Syncing two backup hard disks. I am backing up the data onto one disk and then I want to have 1:1 copy. I do this with GoodSync. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
What do you like best?

GoodSync, as the name suggests is a very excellent application in synchronizing data and other data. Nothing is compatible with this software in managing and restoring data on cloud storage and it large scale company can fully rely on it working as it provides not even the business ideas, but also distinguish the strategies on how to implement and where to put the money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A beneficial package of management and restoration, but some people might find difficulty in synchronizing data from some other platforms, so always hold back for the security protection before installing this software. A secure internet connection is very beneficial for its working and makes it comfortable to use and do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GoodSync helps make decisions but also offers the best customer supports to the customers and nothing can deny its benefits in making products better and go through the ides to resolve the matters. All products are tagged and up to the mark to support the system and its easy and upgraded application to measure the clients for their precious feedbacks. Our all-time helper and decision-maker are right off from a single click and my squad is happy and so I’m for throwing such a good communicator to comprehend with all details. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can synchronize everything very fast and it is in the cloud Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

on some occasions I have presented some errors that I do not understand but the rest all excellent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be very aware of what they are importing so that they do not subscribe existing information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I resolve the issue of the security of my personal information and also some data of my work Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Engineer
What do you like best?

The good thing about this program is that it backup your files for free and is very effective in doing so. It actually has two jobs: to backup your files and folders, and to synchronize your files. In your Enterprise version, you can backup files simultaneously and on different windows servers. Goodsync can withstand the load of many heavy folders and give good performance. This program has a programmer to make it AutoRun, that is, you can program your backups whenever you want and it can resolve conflicts automatically, which means that if there is a problem with the name of a file, the program will not delete it, just will rename. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very simple, that is, there are many features that are missing compared to other backup programs.The synchronization of folders and files is a bit confusing, I had a problem where a folder error was not specified, I had to read a tutorial to solve this error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it to anyone looking for a small program that does not consume PC resources, but does the job as it should. It is easy to use for anyone and also the registration is simple and short. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Every day I am creating content and document files for my work and thanks to this program I have been able to safely backup all my folders, which means that I am not worried if there is any loss of information, I know that all files are backed up. Another favorable thing that I use often is the synchronization of folders, wherever I go to work, folders and files are ready. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager
What do you like best?

GoodSync can sync with other storage devices or computers, it is perfect for file backup and the software is easy to Implement and very efficient

Goodsync is one of my favorite backup software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get a sync conflict that causes the process to stop. The server version of GoodSync is expensive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File backup have become more optimal, best data synchronising tool and very cost effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

GoodSync is a software that lets me pass information and files through every device and backup softwares. It’s the “communicator” between my backup programs and it is easy to customize the way I want to. Its algorithm is simple and it does not take much to get used to it; GoodSync has a nice interface that allows me to backup my files fastly, choosing which ones to sync and which ones I don’t want to sync.

I found GoodSync to be extremely important for me because it gives me a sense of security over my data, and I don’t need to install other exterior applications to simply back up my files to a cloud software or back to my PC.

It offers a reasonable price that can be afforded by both small and big businesses, and has many features that would be really pricey in other softwares. At the same time, GoodSync keeps the UI as clean as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

GoodSync has been a very reliable software for a while, and it has not caused me nor my company any issues; it performs smoothly and it updates regularly, making it easier to keep up with new tools that might have been released, or simply to avoid any security issues from happening. I don’t dislike anything from this software and I’m happy using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodSync has suitable tools for my businesss and I would recommend it if you don’t like the hassle of having to use external softwares for backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most relevant benefit GoodSync has given me is the easiness and save of time for my work. I’ve been using this software for almost four years, and it has helped me develop innovative ways to keep my data safe while also sharing it effortlessly. GoodSync acts as a software that helps us get rid of having to do everything manually and by our own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Engineer
What do you like best?

I have been using GoodSync for a while now and I am pleasantly pleased with all the benefits it provides since it adapts completely to my needs. GoodSync is undoubtedly one of the best backup and file synchronization software available on the market, as it allows me to connect to multiple different cloud providers such as Amazon S3, Backblaze B2 and even Microsoft Azure, synchronizing the content between them and my devices in a fast and versatile way. In addition, GoodSync also supports P2P synchronization (which gives me the opportunity to synchronize files directly between my computers, eliminating the cloud as an intermediary, leading to much faster synchronizations), multi-threaded synchronization, private end-to-end encryption, WebDAV and several other excellent features, which make it a really fantastic software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I do not find any negative characteristic of which I should complain, since all the problems that I have come to present have been solved in a very effective way by the technical support team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a backup and file synchronization software that allows you to synchronize from computer to cloud, cloud to cloud and especially P2P in an impressive way, GoodSync is undoubtedly the best solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since I started to implement GoodSync in my work routine I have been much calmer since we don't have to do any manual tracking, which speeds up the whole process; We can also synchronize our devices and pass our most important files without any worry; And as if that were not enough with its intuitive interface, it saves a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Helpdesk Coordinator
Chemicals
What do you like best?

This software is simply amazing! The user interface is easy to understand, no instructions needed. Simply browse to select folders. Sync in either direction, exclude specific files or file types. Very easy to customize how to handle. Create multiple tabs allowing more specific customization of your back-up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While I think the UI is pretty outstanding relative to the challenge it's trying to solve, it can still be daunting at times. When you're reviewing the sync analysis for thousands upon thousands of files, it seems like there might be a slightly better way to display things to the user to inform them of important notices and errors when not backing up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodSync is a great file backup management application that makes it easy to backup your files.Can easily set it up for unattended backup and have email alerts sent in case of a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we have too much data and it is really easy to forget back up or sync. We also need to keep track manually of the changed files and update. In some cased it can be easily overlooked. Having a software like GoodSync, we don't really have do any manual tracking. It takes care of comparing and we just have to choose what actions needs to be taken. Saves a lot of time and make the whole process easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I can say with total certainty that Goodsync is one of the best synchronization and backup programs for my files that I have tried so far.

The synchronization of devices with Goodsync is really very good, since it is fast and quite safe, as well as the synchronization of computer to cloud or cloud to cloud. So efficient and versatile is the synchronization of products that can even be programmed for a wide variety of automatic options. And as if that were not enough, Goodsync has many options for synchronization of the cloud storage server, such as Google Drive, Box, One Drive, among others.

In addition, the prices of what you can buy are quite accessible for everything it offers compared to other programs that are quite expensive and fulfill almost the same functions.

Without a doubt, I like the vast majority of its functions, but personally I love pc-cloud synchronization, thanks to the speed and security it provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Goodsync is that it is difficult to learn how to use it, but after a while it becomes simple and comfortable to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it with your eyes closed since so far I have not been disappointed. Goodsync is perfect for keeping your files safe and synchronizing your devices to exchange files safely and quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Goodsync has helped us a lot, thanks to its security we can synchronize our devices and pass our most important files without any worries, and if that were not enough, we also make a copy of all our files in case of any inconvenience. Without a doubt Goodsync is a fairly complete software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

I can say with total certainty that Goodsync is my best option, as it allows me to synchronize all my devices and have a quick backup of my files.

There are many aspects that I like about goodsync, one of them is the versatility that it presents, thanks to the fact that it has a good variety of cloud storage servers for synchronization, such as Google Drive, Box, One Drive, among others.

Another point in favor of Goodsync is end-to-end synchronization, which provides great security for my files with 256-bit AES encryption. Really useful for my most important files.

To finalize the aspects that I like, I must emphasize that the price is reasonable with all the functions it offers, be it File Backup, File Synchronization, Real-Time Data Transfer, Block Level Data Transfer, Encryption from end to end, Version History Control, among other really quite complete software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Goodsync is an excellent option, but since everything has its negative side. The main functions that I don't like about merchandise synchronization are the curves when it comes to learning and using merchandise synchronization, but over time it becomes easy to use.

I also don't like the need to have a USB cable to synchronize computer files with Android or iOS devices, the lack of mobile client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it without any doubt, since it has helped me a lot and I am sure you will not be disappointed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Goodsync has helped me a lot by synchronizing and copying my files. Thanks to its speed, safety, and versatility, tasks do not take much time and become easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Developer
What do you like best?

-Its allows you to synchronize files and more so enables you to be able to make relevant changes on either side if need be.

-With goodsync the most important part is the backup feature,its very helpful and the process is incredibly fast with total assurance.

-most importantly if your are willing to combine back up of files and synchronization Goodsync even makes it easier for you by providing automated backup and synchronization feature which works perfectly.

-In case you are an mature using Goodsync will not trouble you either because it has a super friendly interface which is simple to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could provide a full free version instead of a trial version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Has lot of helpful features that help and makes backup and data sync easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Anyone who uses computer will attest to me that file back up and synchronization is very important and for that reason i have always used Goodsync. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Developer
What do you like best?

There are many things that I like about GoodSync, I can even say that it is one of my main tools to synchronize and make backup copies of my files, whether it is a cloud computer, cloud cloud or P2P, simply magnificent.

Personally, I like P2P technology because it allows me to share my files between my devices quickly and safely, and more when they are extremely important files since I avoid passing them through the cloud.

Another point in favor of GoodSync is that it has many cloud storage server options for synchronization, such as Google Drive, Box, One Drive, among others.

the speed with which the files are loaded and the synchronization is incomparable. In itself to summarize GoodSync is fast, efficient, versatile and very safe. without a doubt an excellent tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The aspects that I don't like about GoodSync are its interface that takes a lot to understand since it has many learning curves.

as well as the lack of mobile client for android and ios, although these devices can be synchronized, it is necessary to have a USB cable for synchronization with the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it without any doubt, it is complicated to learn at the beginning but in the end, it becomes simple. and thanks to its prices being accessible, it is one of the best tools in your area. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has helped me a lot in synchronizing my backed up files on the cloud storage servers where they are backed up. As with P2P technology, I can synchronize my devices and pass my most important files without the need for a cloud intermediary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Designer
What do you like best?

1. Good sync is a software that backs up your files easily and syncs them between any pc.

2. It is user friendly because it has no monthly charges for it is free.

3. It is a simple software right from the installation and one can follow its steps easily even with no instruction guide.

4. You can easily back up and sync your files within a very short time since its very fast to use.

5. Has a feature that enables synchronization of a file or data from one computer to another. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is slow when you have many files to work on. However i haven't found any other problem with good sync there i would still choose as my backup and synchronization software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a software for your files backup and synchronization with ease then worry no more because Good Sync is the best software for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With good sync am able to backup my files and data and incase of any lose it has a feature that helps backing up deleted files hence no worry of future losses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Support Specialist
Internet
What do you like best?

Good sync is user friendly and easy to use software that is used for synchronizing and backing up files between two storage devices. With good sync one is able to get deleted or overwritten files since the software back them up automatically. It can also back up files either on a local network or over the internet. The software is able to detect a drive even if it has been mounted differently than before. It is simple and secure software and has a free trial version where one can know about it well before purchasing it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no any negative view about good sync for as far as I have used it has been a reliable software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In need of a user friendly software that is easy to use and helps back up your files between different software’s? Then good sync is the perfect tool for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it for synchronizing and backing up of files between two devices. It has been good software so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
Computer & Network Security
What do you like best?

It has a user interface that is very easy to use such that you do not need any instructions guide and more so it's customized in a way that its friendly to any user. It’s also very fast such that you can back up and sync files between several devices without taking you forever. Although it's optional it has a feature that allows you to even back up the deleted files and therefore you do not have to worry in case you need it in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it has a free version I find its pricing to be relatively high.on another note, the free version works great for me so no much complaint about the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodSync is a good software that will ensure you with the security of your files and data.more so it reduces the headache and the stress of worrying in case of data lose since it provides you with a workable solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

as i do not know when one of my computers may die or even get stolen I use GoodSync to back up my data and files. In a case where I have found myself in such a situation, GoodSync has helped me recover my files and avoid major regrets through losing important files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
Information Services
What do you like best?

One of it features that interests me the most is the fact that you can back up your files and data from your computer into your mobile phone for free. It also has filtering feature which I find it very helpful to avoid repetitions.In case of any changes it allows you to work on the only changed bit. Has also a very simple and interactive interface which is very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times while synchronizing the speed may vary according to the bandwidth you are working on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A reliable software for back up and synchronization of files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The fact that data and file security need you to have a reliable back up system.I have been working with Goodsync to make sure my files are well backed up and synchronized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Writer
What do you like best?

-While using goodsync you are provided with several cloud storage services such as Dropbox, one drive and many more that you can easily connect with.

-For cases of synchronizing goodsync helps in organization as it enables you to select the folder where you want to sync. An impressive feature that very helpful.

-Has and easy to use interface and also very simple to install. Most importantly you can start using goodsync as soon as you install it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although Goodsync provides several cloud storage services they could exhaust the market by adding more such as Microsoft Azure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

excellent easy to use software would highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me be able to establish connections among clod services which makes synchronizing even more safe and easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer programmer
What do you like best?

It enables copying of a file or data from a computer and synchronizes that same file or data to a different computer. You can as well save data on external devices like phones and tables comfortable just by synchronizing. It allows you to filter and hence you can be able to only work with the desired file and not including the whole set of files even the one you don’t need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its slow especially while working with large amount of data or files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For file safety through back up and synchronization GoodSync is a perfect software to choose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having my files in more than one saving location makes me feel safe. Goodsync has been able to help me in synchronizing my files for safety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Programmer
What do you like best?

This tool is able to transfer the files even if you have a bad internet connection which is the coolest thing about it. Also the user interface is very nice and very easy to understand. Also backup and sync can be done which helps to store your data more securely. This application uses end-to-end AES with 256-bit key encryption which I think is among one best the best security encryption available so that's it is more secure and reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

GoodSync has quite often updates which is a good thing but still most of the times new updates does not have much improvements. Also this tool is unable to synchronize the same type of data more than once.

Sometimes while updating this tool, it quite often fails after which I have to reinstall it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GoodSync is a good tool for managing your overall data and backups your all the data with great safety so it is recommended by me to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GoodSync is used by me in my industry for syncing the overall important data, create a backup and recover them when needed. It has benefited me a lot and has helped me to secure my data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Journalist
Entertainment
What do you like best?

-In cases where am working on two different computers goodsync always enables me to synchronize files and data between the two computers and most important I don’t have to keep on making each changes on both since synchronizing makes sure I don’t have to repeatedly do the same thing.Goodsync is free to download and is compatible with major Operating system such as windows. Another feature id the interface is easy to use and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Goodsync could not be better than it is now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can work for anyone its a nice synchronizing software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operating from two different work station i always rely on Goodsync for file and data synchronization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Specialist
Animation
What do you like best?

First I love goodsync because of the fact that it allows file synchronization. This is where by help of goodsync I can sync same file in two different folders at different location. Some of the advantageous feature about this synchronization is that if I add or delete data from one folder it automaticatically adds or deletes on the other folder. With good sync it also enables me to back up files to a different location such as external drives.which helps in file safety. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it has all these many features it lack online back up feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its an easy and perfect software for file sync and backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File synchronization require a reliable software i have always used goodsync to make sure my files are perfectly synchronized and furthermore its an easy to use software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

One of the good things that i really love about the goodsync is that it can create back up and also synced files.Additionally,it also allows me to sync files and folders from a remote computer.Another thing I like about goodsync is that with internet access I can access the free version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing noted negative so far but i would like the paid version to be a little bit cheaper with at least a month trial. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With Goodsync its easy to keep your files synchronized and backed up between computer even if you're working separately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Has helped me a lot on keeping my files safe by offering a back up option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entertainment Specialist
Entertainment
What do you like best?

-it provides you with an perfect and sure back up and synchronization solution for your data and ensure that you don’t have to worry about losing it while you lose one of your devices.

-It has an easy to use platform and makes its operational very fast and reliable.

-You can download it for free in several site and start working with the free version . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free version is restricted on the number of file to get the unlimited package you have to upgrade to the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For better data and file synchronization then i would recommend use of goodsync due to its efficiency. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Has been a helpful software on securing my data and files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Computer Technical Specialist
Computer Hardware
What do you like best?

I like goodsync because it enables me to synchronize my data and files from my computer with my tablets and external hard disk. Another thing with Good sync is that it very fast and backs up turns of data with no time. It also allows me to manage my data on either the device I used in synchronizing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far i have no complains on the functionality of goodsync it could not be better that its is right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its an easy to use program and very fulfilling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has been a helpful tool in file sharing and synchronizing amongst my devices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.