DonorDock Reviews & Product Details

What is DonorDock?

DonorDock is the helpful teammate you have been dreaming of for years. You simply add in your data and DonorDock goes to work right away to help you make smart moves that will lead to more money raised for your important cause. It has been thoughtfully designed to assist you in taking action.

DonorDock Screenshots

1-15 of 15 total DonorDock reviews

DonorDock Reviews

1-15 of 15 total DonorDock reviews
Development Director

"DonorDock = Dream Come True"

What do you like best?

DonorDock has completely changed the way I do my work. Everything is simplified and easy to use and if there is ever an issue, Matt at DonorDock is there to my rescue. For a long time I knew there had to be a better way to doing things, but hadn't found the solution we needed. After hearing several positive reviews and seeing how easy it was to give DonorDock a try, we took the leap and it was one of the best decisions we've made. I now have so much more confidence in my role. I love that mailings are no longer days of running different excel reports trying to sift through duplicates and questioning who was missing or if an address was current. I love that at any point in time I can tell you exactly what a donor's history is with us - and know that it is a complete story. DonorDock makes it easy to stay connected with our donors. I love that we now have one single space where we can see a clear picture of our financial history, trends, and make goals for the future. I'm so glad we found DonorDock. So much support with an affordable price tag means I can stretch our dollars raised further, create and reach new bigger goals, and bring to life a greater impact for our participants.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. Anytime we've run into an issue I've had immediate response and support- excellent product and excellent customer service!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give DonorDock a call and try it out! Their free trial and no long term contract set up makes it easy to see if it is a good fit for you.

I'm a one person shop doing all the fundraising, development, and marketing work at our non-profit. Time is so precious and there were times when I had wished I had a support person to make mailings go smoother or help me to track our data and trends so that we had a clearer picture of how we were doing with our goals. DonorDock has filled that void and now there is a better flow to the work load.

Development Director

"User friendly with GREAT support!"

What do you like best?

DonorDock is very user friendly! It doesn't take a database/technology expert to quickly figure out how to enter things. It's Action Board capabilities are an awesome feature - especially with all the extra helpful tips & tricks. It very closely follows best practices, and makes it easy to adapt to needs of different organizations without making it too complicated. The support team is helpful, and has a very rapid response rate!

What do you dislike?

I wish that the thank-you notes had more customization so you could choose different options for different types of gifts - however, I believe this is something they hope to add down the road.

The biggest benefit we have realized is the streamlining of thank-you notes - saving lots of time - as well as having a system that picks up on donors that we should be contacting, that may have slipped through the cracks with just the naked eye.

Co-Founder
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Just what our small nonprofit needed!"

What do you like best?

Memory Cafe of the Red River Valley is a small nonprofit run by co-founders on a volunteer basis. We started using DonorDock at exactly the right time for us to continue to grow. We love DonorDock because it:

-Saves time: Both cofounders of Memory Cafe have jobs outside of the nonprofit and we need tools which help maximize our time. DonorDock helps us maintain our records quickly and efficiently. The action board component also helps prioritize tasks which allow us to maintain effective relationships with our donors and other stakeholders.

-Maintains accurate records: Having a current and usable contact list has been important to our growth as an organization. Prior to utilizing DonorDock we experienced maintaining contact information on a spreadsheet, and the frustration that follows when columns on the spreadsheet become misaligned.

-Outstanding customer service- DonorDock has been easy to work with, and the company is very responsive to consumer feedback. We are finding that DonorDock adds features before we know we need them. For example, we were just realizing as an organization that we need to track volunteer hours. Within days of this realization DonorDock announced the ability to track volunteer hours within the program.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is much that I dislike because the developers are so responsive to feedback and willing to change DonorDock to meet the needs of my non-profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DonorDock has become a vital tool to our growing nonprofit. We are very pleased with our experience using DonorDock.

-Superior and more accurate system to maintain donor/contact information

-Prioritization of time and tasks which will help our organization to grow

Founder and Executive Director
(Myself Only)

"Great for an inexperienced fundraiser"

What do you like best?

DonorDock's simple, yet intuitive software is game changing for a new, small non profit. New to fundraising DonorDock's coaching and guidance has been instrumental in getting my organization up and running. The action board keeps me on task, organized, and up to date. DonorDock gives my organization a single application for managing the entire non-profit. It is a one-stop shop which has been essential in the start up process and helps us reach more people, more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

DonorDock is adding new features all of the time and I am looking forward to an email feature that will allow me to completely connect my record keeping, donations, and marketing in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small non-profit the price point is incredible, the customer service is amazing, and the product is game changing.

As a brand new non-profit founder DonorDock gave me a place to start. It has allowed me to get my non-profit up and running quickly and with great success. I would not have been able to do it without DonorDock.

Director of Finance

"Set docking thrusters to maximum for DonorDock."

What do you like best?

* The user interface is very modern and very easy to navigate.

* The engineering team is VERY responsive to feature requests. If it's a feature you need, there's a solid chance they've already got it in the pipeline.

* The price. As a smaller non profit organization, we don't have the funding to pay hundreds of dollars per month for a donor tracking platform.

* It beats Microsoft Excel. Seriously. I know a half dozen other smaller non profits who use a series of differently formatted spreadsheets to track their donors.

* The product is EXTREMELY flexible and allows you to use it in whatever way works best for your organization. If there's a UI change that might help you realize your use--case...the team will do their best to implement it for you. (For example, we receive donations via PayPal. I don't necessarily just want to code those as a credit card payment. So they added PayPal for me. It was quick. It was easy.)

* This product was built from the ground up and already has a solid foundation. You're not wading through a product that's sitting on it's fifth iteration. You're part of something exciting and new.

* Did I mention the price? It's a no-brainer if you're looking to ditch the spreadsheets and improve the way you track and interact with your donors.

What do you dislike?

* At this point, the majority of the issues I encounter are small things...and the team is usually quick to respond to them.

* I do feel like the reports system could use a little more polish. The exports can either be in Excel or PDF...but the PDF exports could use the option for greater customization in what is included and polish in how it is presented.

* The ability to run batches of receipts and the corresponding mailing labels would be swell. (To be fair, this is the first time I've thought of that....so I can't really knock DonorDock for not supporting it.)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't say enough good things about Matt and his team at DonorDock. If you're struggling to organize your donor tracking and donation tracking processes...you owe it to yourself and your organization to give DonorDock a look.

* We now have a reliable way to track every donation we receive.

* We've entered in donor records from the past five years and for the first time, we have a solid source of data regarding many of the common development concepts that an organization needs.

* Donation receipts? You bet. This system can kick out e-mail receipts or allows for easy export.

Executive Director

"DonorDock adds hours to my week by improving my efficency"

What do you like best?

Technology is not my strength. The team at DonorDock have created a powerful tool which is so user friendly I put our data in AND get it back out!

What do you dislike?

I have been using DonorDock for about 3 months and to date have not identified anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a powerful tool which I believe you will find very useful!

Our donor records were in a software product which I found challenging to pull reports which included the data in a format most effect for me to accomplish a specific task. Because of this I had data in various Excel spreadsheets. Since I started using DonorDock I am moving all of our records to this one tool and it is greatly improving my efficiency,

Office Manager

"Bang for your Buck"

What do you like best?

I love the affordability and the opportunity to have as many users as needed. Having the "Dashboard" with quick info that shows reports constantly updated that I don't have to run is amazing. Especially for small organizations, this takes some of the extra work out when there is no chief fundraiser, development staff.

What do you dislike?

Being in the early stages, there are still some components being developed, but getting to have some input and get questions answered quickly by the company is worth it.

The "Action Board" is solving some of our problems of connecting with donors and knowing where to start with investors. It is helping us identify what challenges we face with donor retention, etc.

Development Director

"DonorDock is intuitive, very user-friendly, and offers everything you need plus more!"

What do you like best?

Customer service is incredible because you're working with people who truly understand what nonprofits need and want in a CRM system, and they take feedback and suggestions seriously so you know you are being heard and understood. They are also incredible at developing the software and interface of DonorDock to make it work just how an organization needs it to.

What do you dislike?

They are already taking care of the one thing our organization didn't like and that was the fact that DonorDock didn't have a robust peer to peer fundraising.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it now! You will not regret switching to DonorDock. If you appreciate being approached and understood directly and individually, then you need to work with the DonorDock team. If you want to simply and streamline a lot of processes so you can focus on building relationships and connecting with the people that matter, than DonorDock is for you.

DonorDock is allowing us to have greater increase in donor interaction via their intuitive and specialized prompting system that keeps you on track with cultivating donors. DonorDock also offers us the ability and feature to better track responses for specific campaigns and measure the effectiveness of any given campaign.

Special Project Coordinator

"Your Nonprofit Needs Donor Dock"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin? It has become so essential to our everyday use it is hard to remember what we did before it. It took a little time formatting our Quickbooks data into the donor dock upload sheet, but it was so, so worth it. The team was great with helping us through this processes as well. It was fun to be able to upload the last 10 years of data from our organization and be able to see results and trends pretty much immediately. The user interface is clean, clear, and concise and makes tracking donors and donations easy. Their customer service team responds in one business day or less, and it's real people responding. They value feedback and are constantly rolling out updates to improve the program. There is just not enough room in this review to describe everything we love about donor dock.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing at the moment. The developers are very responsive when you suggest feedback or recommend the right tools for the information you need. Even being a newer program, there is really not a lot I would change. If you are looking for negatives I suggest looking at another program. I have nothing but good things to say about Donor Dock and their team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You will wonder why you didn't make the switch sooner!

My favorite part about Donor Dock is the sheer Data about people that it holds. It has room to hold everything from a donors phone number and address to their favorite type of ice cream. It really is what you make it to be and for us, it has really helped increase quality donor connections. It also tracks donors as prospects, donors, lapsed, or archived allowing us to send more specific mailings and dramatically reduced our direct mail cost allowing us to pull more precise data. From a business perspective, these are just a couple of the many things I love about Donor Dock.

Marketing Specialist

"Streamlined, Accessible, Affordable AND You Get To Talk to Real Humans!"

What do you like best?

I love that whenever we have a question or an issue, Matt is on top of it within 24 hours. He's super responsive, friendly and helpful. I can also understand him when he talks, which is important because I don't always understand all the technical jargon. He welcomes feedback and uses it to help make DonorDock (which is already pretty awesome) even more awesome! I love that DD is easy to navigate, understand and use. We're able to track our donors so much better and we really benefit from the ability to create action steps in DD itself!

What do you dislike?

Hmmm...still trying to figure out what I don't like about DD or their great customer service. I'll update this if anything comes up (but don't hold your breath).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DO IT!!!! You'll never look back.

We needed an easy, affordable way to track donors. We're a smaller nonprofit and we don't need a ton of robust tools in order to track our donors. We just need something that tracks basic information as well as keeps us on track of managing donor relationships. We have more useful data on our donors collected. We also love the reports functions, which comes in handy for board reports and for planning for larger fundraising events like Giving Hearts Day.

"DonorDock saved the day!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the program! We have multiple users that have different computer skill levels and because DonorDock is very user-friendly, everyone is able to jump in with ease. Even with all of the recent additions/updates, the tutorials are easy to understand. It's great!

What do you dislike?

I will honestly say that there isn't anything we don't like about DonorDock.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DonorDock is a program that actually cares about the user and the information that is needed to run a healthy organization. The action board reminders are perfect for any development director or executive director trying to increase supporter interaction. After all, fundraising is relational not based on transactions...DonorDock gets that.

Before DonorDock, our organization was using a dated, not user-friendly, overpriced program that kept us from engaging with our supporters properly. I would dread the process of pulling reports or looking up supporter information on our old program. DonorDock has increased supporter interaction, organized and easy to read reports, and I believe it's been a key component of our recent increase in giving.

Executive Assistant

"Donor Development, Reinvented!"

What do you like best?

In my career, I have had the opportunity to utilize numerous customer data bases, and none of them seem to be quite as user friendly and versatile as DonorDock. When it comes to tracking data, DonorDock satisfies every need we have as a nonprofit. There is little to no "guesswork" and the layout is very visually appealing as well. My favorite part is that it puts a "modern, social media-like spin" on a tool that could otherwise be tedious and daunting. I look forward to the growth possibilities with DonorDock.

What do you dislike?

DonorDock is a brand new tool, so like anything new - it comes with growing pains. That being said, every single new suggestion I have had for DonorDock, they have been able to rapidly develop a solution. It has been very impressive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Any nonprofit

Staying organized is a huge challenge. DonorDock helps us to streamline our data and become much more organized. It is very easy to "categorize" people, for report purposes.

Development Associate
Individual & Family Services

"DonorDock is easy to use and the support is outstanding"

What do you like best?

The ease. DonorDock makes tracking donor data easy. The layout allows you to assess your donations/progress easily to see where you are at compared to previous years. The action board allows you to assign donor related tasks (such as a thank you call) to other users. It is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

As we have been using it, every feature that hasn't been there has been one that Donor Dock has given me a workable solution for (such as how to run specific reports that aren't default reports).

DonorDock is like having another person! The system analyzes the data so we can focus on donor relationships. The system tells us when someone is about to lapse or when someone has given a spike up gift and engagement is needed. This allows us to connect and engage with donors faster, leading to repeat gifts.

Communications Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Best Value for Donor Management "

What do you like best?

Simple, clean, and easy to see everything. Best value Donor CRM out there! Everything is so expensive, and donordock gives a great value.

What do you dislike?

Some of the acronyms are a bit confusing at first, but once you learn them it makes sense. Example SYBNTY = Some year but not this year.

Before we never could easily view our donors. Now, with DonoDock, we are quickly and easily able to view our most recent donors, our largest donors, and our most consistent donors. It's becoming and important part of our donor retention process.

Executive Assistant
Education Management

"Time Saving with more donor engagement"

What do you like best?

The format is easy to use and understand and the how to videos are easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything at we dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are very helpful in implementing DonorDocks .

Having the correct information in one spot is time saving and helps us see what donors we need to be in contact with.

DonorDock Features

9.2
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.2*
* Fundraising Category
Do you work for DonorDock?

DonorDock Categories on G2