Conga Document Generation

Conga Document Generation

Conga Document Generation makes it easy for Salesforce.com users to create sophisticated documents and reports using their data in Salesforce CRM with just a few clicks.

Work for Conga Document Generation?

Learning about Conga Document Generation?

Conga Document Generation Reviews

Ask Conga Document Generation a Question
Showing 337 Conga Document Generation reviews
Conga Document Generation review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Conga Document Generation
Conga Document Generation review by Claire J.
Claire J.

"Allow users to concentrate on the details that matter, not creating/formatting a report"

What do you like best?

Conga Composer, along with Conga Workflow and Conga Conductor, save me so much time every report cycle. I can automate the generation of well formatted, consistent documents on a regular basis, allowing me to concentrate on other tasks.

I can also provide my Salesforce users templates so they can create identical, record specific documents with no effort - allowing them to concentrate on the details within rather than what the output looks like.

What do you dislike?

Conga don't do a great job of letting existing users know about upgrades to products they already have. But this is changing with the 2017 launched Conga Champions programme, which uses challenges to share Conga news.

The initial reason we purchased Conga Composer was to generate internal governance documents. The consistent, reliable outputs allow the reader to concentrate on the detail within - and consistent branding means they know it is the document they are expecting.

Since purchasing, I now use Conga to generate a whole suite of reports, from pipelines to revenue forecasts, for personal use to public circulation. And the add-ons of Conga Workflow (aka Conga Trigger) to automate document generation, and Conga Conductor (aka Conga Batch) to launch solutions on a recurring schedule, mean less time is spent on tasks which can be automated.

What Salesforce CRM Document Generation solution do you use?

Conga Document Generation review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Excellent Product for Doing mail merges and also send reporting to customer and stakeholders"

What do you like best?

I love this product as it offer much more than standard salesforce document generation and makes it easier to share this with stakeholders. For example standard quotes in sales force are really poor this means to offer the best options to customer we use conga to do this. We also use the product to take reports created in sales force and convert them to templates spreadsheets. This is then sent out to management so they can review the data we have on sales and opportunities in our company. This means that we do not have to but extra sales force license for users that only need to see the reports. Also we like the ability to create the word documents from the tool, these are used for creating certificates for training along with distribution contracts. All this offers many features that we would not have without using the conga tool.

All in all I really like conga and use it day in day one as both a user and an admin of our CRM System.

The pricing is very good based on the amount of features that you get and I can see us using more of the products such as signature in the next 12 months.

What do you dislike?

Nothing apart from having to create SOQL queries because the reporting and lighting does not work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the investment in terms of what if offers

Contracts, Quoting, sending reports as excel files to stake holders

Conga Document Generation review by Mallary K.
Mallary K.

"Close More Deals with Conga"

What do you like best?

It's SO easy. I love that no matter how they are accessing the contract, the prospect can very easily review the terms and accept. It's also incredibly easy to update/edit terms within the contract. I really like the analytics, specifically getting text messages when my champion is in the contract. It's also great to see how long they've been in the tool. It has a lot of great features, while still being very intuitive. From the admin side, our team has connected Salesforce to Conga, which streamlines our discounting and proposal creation process by automatically transferring over the fields within Salesforce. This is a great value to the team and to our Salesforce Admins. We've also had great support from the Conga team, whenever we have an issue they are very prompt on resolving it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I've used a lot of other systems in past roles and this is by far the easiest method (both from the rep side and the prospect side).

We wanted to streamline our end of deal cycle through giving a simple way to execute contracts and have visibility across the team in how those were developing.

Conga Document Generation review by Tristan N.
Tristan N.

"Simple, but powerful Document Creation for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

After set up, customization and document generation were easy. Once templates were loaded in, proposal's came out looking great and consistent across agents.

What do you dislike?

Setup was involved and took some time to dedicate to learning the system. I found the search tool to find the correct fields a little lacking, and had to manually create some based on formats I could find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time, get to know the concepts and Conga will be a breeze! The search terms are flexible and you can generally modify one to pull the information you need should the search results not find you the right field.

Generating great looking customizable quotes from Salesforce was an issue. Conga helped us solve this with their tools. We've since used Conga to help us compile notes from trade show trips which allow supervisors to easily collect and display all comments in separate categories for review.

Conga Document Generation review by Jaron J.
Jaron J.

"Export more than data from Salesforce, export the documents you need for your customers."

What do you like best?

Many solutions for the private sector don’t always apply to state government processes, but Conga Composer is seamlessly integrating into our highly customized org. Conga Composer allows us to export finished documents and speeds up all of our internal processes.

Our team can overcome the tedious nature of relying solely on dated technologies like Word by outsourcing document generation to an automated tool. Composer merges data from standard and custom Salesforce objects so that manual document generation is a thing of the past. Most templates are easy to make and manage.

What do you dislike?

The product has a lot of moving parts that can be difficult to manage. Dated implementations of Composer that aren't documented well can make an Admin's job difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Are you Salesforce user looking for document generation in order to leverage your data? Investigate this product.

What is Conga Composer doing for us?

-Replaces frustrating manual document generation like Word file management with simple Salesforce record keeping.

-Template management is straightforward

-Dramatic increase in our team’s productivity

-Customer support you’d expect from an excellent company like Conga!

Conga Document Generation review by Rupert M.
Rupert M.

"Conga is awesome, it makes it easy to create standard emails with merge fields"

What do you like best?

Conga allows you to create email templates and customize them for each client with the click of a button. You only have to create the template once and add merge fields, for example Client Name, address, etc. and you have a standard template being sent with specific information to each client.

What do you dislike?

It can get tedious when trying to create the merge fields. Also, the button creation can be cumbersome because you have to create queries and follow all kinds of specification to get the document to where you need it to be. It can be overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it simpler to set up the buttons and it would be nice to have better support.

Saving sales reps time as it relates to contacting clients. We have even found ways to give the option to send custom messages to clients if they so chose, on a standard template. There is a lot that can be done if you take the time to learn the software.

Conga Document Generation review by Linda H.
Linda H.

"Best Document Automation Product"

What do you like best?

Conga has helped to streamline our renewal invoicing processes and improve our efficiency. It’s very user friendly and our Salesforce users find it really easy to use with only a click of a button! Since implementing invoices, we have started to expand how we use Conga by generating course usage reports in Excel and sending surveys. Making it easier to engage with our Members at all stages in their Membership.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a downside, but queries can be difficult to write and it was so much easier when we could use reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

Conga helped us to centralize where our documents are generated and saved. Also allowed us to automate renewal invoicing and send out monthly course usage information to our Members. This allows our sales to concentrate on the selling aspects of the business and build customer relationships.

Conga Document Generation review by Amandine A.
Amandine A.

"Great product and the greatest support team"

What do you like best?

Conga has become a vital part of our business, but what I like best has to be the support team. When I moved into my current role and was tasked with fixing an issue with a merge I had no idea where to even start! I called their support and they were incredibly patient and helpful. When I explained I knew nothing about the set up or implementation of the product, the person helping me walked me through step by step, answered all my questions thoroughly and patiently, and even sent me direct contact info for further questions. Anytime I have had to call in to their support I am amazed that every rep has such a great attitude. They want to help and they are willing to teach, not just fix your problem and send you on your way. With their help and guidance I have not had to call them as frequently as the months have gone by,

What do you dislike?

Figuring out the language for contract merges was a nightmare. I have no prior experience in this field and I have had to spend a lot of time googling how to format the contracts. I could have called in to their support and I am sure they would have happily helped me but I was stubborn and determined to figure it out on my own. Also the latest update has been a little hectic because we still have merges that live on the old version and some in the new version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to read through their blog and learn. Also don't ever hesitate to call their support, they will help with any issues no matter how tiny they may be.

We are able to create contracts quickly from Salesforce with custom fields populated. We have over 100 different types of contracts and being able to quickly pull a contract and print and send over signing has saved us many a deal. We have started to use the merges for other aspects of our business, and have been successful with implementations.

Conga Document Generation review by Josh D.
Josh D.

"Conga Courier - does exactly what it says on the tin"

What do you like best?

The ability to send reports to contacts - my team were setting up customers as full users in order to send them their implementation time sheet/ expense reports. This saves valuable user licenses.

Also love the fact that my users can set up report schedules and manage themselves with very little input from me.

What do you dislike?

It would maybe be improved if it was clearer to users when the next report would run. Currently, the users enter their schedule and click save. There is a field called 'Next Report Run' which is unpopulated. This leads users to be concerned that their changes were not saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can send each report to unlimited users or up to 25 contacts. Can make groups the recipient

We used to send Customers reports using their Chatter user as the recipient. Salesforce took away this ability and Conga gave it back to us.

Conga Document Generation review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"Great for teams without developers or users who change things often"

What do you like best?

Great to have power business users doing maintenance on documents. Does not require a developer to make changes to a Visualforce document. Integration to adobe sign works well. Has some nice advanced features like background processing if you figure out the parameters for them.

What do you dislike?

Interface and integration is clunky, documentation is really hard to find information. Salesforce integration involves creating a button that has all of the data you would need from reports and queries, so maintaining that in large deployments with many templates can be a nightmare. Adding the correct tag formatting to Word documents was not obvious, and there was no documentation to help. The copy and paste tag editor helped for the name, but not the formatting. Once I contacted support, they were able to help, but this is a basic feature for which there was no documentation.

Creating agreement documents, pre-filling forms, sending complex emails with data from various object sources

Conga Document Generation review by Giancarlo S.
Giancarlo S.

"Conga Composer for Salesforce Doc Gen"

What do you like best?

The ease of building doc gen solutions with Conga Queries, Conga Solutions, Conga Templates, and Conga Global Merge

What do you dislike?

Not all components are lightning ready. List view buttons are not lightning ready so the user has to switch to classic to use list view buttons. Not a big deal, but is definitely a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used other doc gent tool. Some that require HTML and some that have a user interface. Conga Composer is the easiest to use and has the most robust toolkit.

It is on the pricier side, but I have found them to be willing to discuss pricing based on the client's needs especially when it comes to not for profits. And they do not charge for mass gen like some other tools.

Presentation Ready reports pulling data in from multiple Standard and Custom Objects.

Tax Receipting

Prefilled Printable Forms

Conga Document Generation review by Gina R.
Gina R.

"Conga Composer takes mail merge to a whole new level "

What do you like best?

With Conga Composer I have been able to harness all of the data within Salesforce to create complex document packages for my customers. I have worked with many different document assembly tools in the past and this is the first one that effortlessly combines data from different areas without complex code. It is an essential tool to leverage data within Salesforce and provides a compelling reason for my users to put everything in the system when they know I can take it all out in useful documents.

What do you dislike?

I have so far not found a way to create multiple documents off of a table in Salesforce using only Conga Composer so that I can also incorporate data from related tables.

I have been able to automate multiple document packages for different use cases, including creation of loan documents, credit memos and account briefs. It is improving the quality and efficiency for document production across multiple business units.

Conga Document Generation review by Justin T.
Justin T.

"So much power, but how do I harness it?"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to create a report and use it in template builder. It saves a ton of time and works perfectly on a data merge. So far, there doesn't seem to be much of a limit to it's uses.

What do you dislike?

I feel the process for creating a new template or editing an existing one is not so intuitive. I would like to see a new, very user-friendly interface/dashboard in the future. It also seems like there should be a easily accessible formatting chart or list in template builder and advanced editor. Also, maybe a lot of this can be attributed to the lack of education on Conga.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an employee take classes with Conga and make them a designated Conga 'admin'.

We use Composer for rapid fire document creation, as well as emails to employees and customers. I'm always trying to think of new ways we can implement Composer.

Conga Document Generation review by Administrator

"Good document created but occasional system glitch"

What do you like best?

easy to design and create beautiful outcome

nice support team and quite responsive

good documentation for new user

What do you dislike?

occasional system glitch, sometimes user will not able to generate any document for a few hours

normally will be self rectified by itself

it is a bit slow to generate the document, but tolerable

Recommendations to others considering the product:

conga composer is a reasonable priced product if your business requires generating a lot of professional looking paperwork such as sales order and invoice etc.

It is easy to learn and design. No particular IT skills required. Support is also responsive and helpful.

However, sometimes, a user will not be able to generate any document for a few hours for no reason. Contacted support regarding this issue, but no avail. Normally, restart the browser/PC might resolve the issue. If the issue persists after restarting, it will normally go away in a few hours.

generate sales order confirmation, invoice etc

very professional and neat document generated

Conga Document Generation review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Been using it for years with Salesforce and never needed another"

What do you like best?

Its native to the platform and regular updates. Does what we need it to very simply and efficiently. Used mostly at the moment for invoicing and payments but looking to roll it our across HR and contracts. Good support team and they are regularly in touch with updates and developments,

What do you dislike?

At the moment it is fit for purpose and I am looking to use it more across teams going into next year. I can only recommend a little more material on training and how best to use the product as we could I am sure be using it even better

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using salesforce and looking for a tool that is easy to use for beginners or small admins teams or a larger company with more diverse needs this is a very strong and versatile product.

Invoice process automation, integration with Sage and Salesforce. We have used this across offices, in UK and US with multiple currencies. We are considering its use across internal contracts, terms documents and HR also.

Conga Document Generation review by Rochelle M.
Rochelle M.

"Get data from multiple objects all onto one document."

What do you like best?

We use Conga for Customer Setup, Profiles, Customer Contracts, etc. We love that we can get data from across multiple objects within Salesforce.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to make changes to the Data and/or Templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very nice product. The account team at Conga makes sure you have everything to succeed.

We no longer have to manually add data to documents. It is a time saver for sure. With a click of a button, you can pull data from multiple objects within Salesforce.com and bring them together onto one document. This allows our users to generate multiple page documents within seconds. When we have a new new customer we need to have the ability to pull all of the customer addresses, payment terms, pricing information, etc. onto one form to distribute to everyone that needs to make sure the customer is setup correctly within all of our systems. It also makes it easy for our sales team to see a customer's "whole picture" all in one document. They can click a button, and pull in Account details, open Opportunities, Contacts, Sales Notes, ect. We need to be able to pull customer information quickly and Conga Composer allows us to do that. Without Conga Composer, these tasks would take hours by multiple users to complete which would not be beneficially to the company. We are also looking into other ways we can streamline our process with Conga Composer.

Conga Document Generation review by Cynthia S.
Cynthia S.

"Conga Composer has helped my company automate Proposal generation"

What do you like best?

I love the customization functionality and multi-quote options, and the ability to pull in data from multiple sources. It uses a Word document, so this makes it easy to update templates.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the Template Builder was a little less around code, and more around a wizard. Salesforce uses the same, but I think it would be helpful to make it a little more standard User friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe this tool has more functionality than other similar products. The Conga team is amazing and goes above and beyond in Customer Support and satisfaction! You won't be disappointed!

We needed a way to create and store highly customized Proposal templates, based upon a variety of Products all with different requirements. It is easy to modify the templates according to changing business needs. Composer helped us to create dynamic templates based upon product type present on the Opportunity.

Conga Document Generation review by Levon M.
Levon M.

"Top notch customer service"

What do you like best?

Whenever we run across any issues with Conga's integration with our Salesforce org, we know we can contact Conga and they will unfailingly be available for however long is needed. They always solve the issues - they're pleasant to work with and know they're stuff. Very transparent and humble, too. If they don't know the answer, they tell you and work with you to solve it anyway.

What do you dislike?

Obviously it would be nice not to have any issues in the first place, but honestly with the level of customer service Conga provides, this is barely a dislike.

We use Conga to consolidate our Agreement / Contact templates to get them ready to e-sign for our customers. This saves us so much time and confusion as we're keeping everything all in the same place. Security and permissions are a breeze too as everything can be customized to different profiles.

Conga Document Generation review by Kimberly P.
Kimberly P.

"A Proposal Solution for a Virtual Company"

What do you like best?

The custom created templates have given us the ability to quickly create several types of documents to send to prospective clients/affiliates. Also the integration with our form submission software allows us to easily have people send us important information. The fact that your document will auto-save as you make changes is a big relief, knowing you won't lose any work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that to edit any published proposals they must be duplicated and the title must be changed to keep the link from looking odd. As we have custom created and detailed proposals, it would be nice to be able to go in and tweak an original document. We often have several revisions and the titles become creative (Revised, updated, final, etc.)

As an entirely virtual company we needed a way to send our proposals to our prospects to prove that everything can be done effectively in a virtual space. Also, the notifications of opening documents and the reporting information gives our representatives insights to prospects' thoughts such as what option they are leaning towards, and these insights aid in their post-proposal discussions.

Conga Document Generation review by Mohit M.
Mohit M.

"Reviewing conga document generation used for various project implementations with Cloudsense"

What do you like best?

1) Use of word templates

2) Easy structure of procedures to follow

3) Data extraction tool giving query alias wise data

4) Conga Support team providing quick, polite and useful responses

5) Conga support website having ample reference articles

6) List of useful parameters

7) Ease of integration with Adobe sign / Docu sign for digital signature purposes

What do you dislike?

1) Conga's behavior with lightning. Upon changing anything in lightning component stops conga redirection for a while if the URL is prepared using code.

2) Conga's support for partner community. There is lack of clarity in thoughts from conga support in this matter. The solution does not redirect back to partner community after document generation. For the solution, conga team is pushing extra licensed product of conga trigger.

On support site, it is mentioned that conga fully supports partner implementation, but above mentioned scenario contradicts the statement.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

1) Support should be provided as swift as conga

2) Document finishing and alignment should be given as swift as conga

1) Document generation for contract and agreement documents

2) VF page limitation for PDF generation for mentioned documents

3) Document generation from SFDC base objects as well as Cloudsense package objects

4) Restructured a manual process of printing forms and getting it signed

Conga Document Generation review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Makes Sales Rep Candidates and Competitors Jealous"

What do you like best?

We've been using this product since it was still called Tinderbox (later Octiv, then Conga) and it's hard to remember how our sales team operated without it. Our sales process relies heavily on an interactive proposal review, and moving away from unbranded Google Docs to the rich, multimedia proposals that Conga allows us to create was a game-changer. We love being able to reach out after we're alerted to a prospect viewing a proposal, and the interface is easy enough that individual reps can customize their proposals with no support needed from the Marketing team (no offense, sales reps!).

What do you dislike?

We've had a few billing and customer service hiccups since Conga acquired Octiv I expect that once teams and systems get fully integrated, we won't run into any further issues.

We were using Google Docs to create proposals; they looked like crap and were even harder to share with prospects. Friction in getting deals closed was all-but-eliminated thanks to digital signatures.

Conga Document Generation review by James V.
James V.

"Awesome Integration App for Salesforce Document Generation"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Conga Composer 8 is its seamless integration with Salesforce. Conga queries make it easy to pull & render data from standard & custom objects and bring it right into Excel or Word. Create a custom link or button and canned reports are easily generated from live data. Before Conga, we used visualforce then exported to Excel or Word, but the formatting was horrible. Conga Composer produces beautiful, rich, branded reports we use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything, except maybe they can streamline the Conga solutions (query, template builder, etc.) so it's 1 step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a good canned report generator, Conga is the best choice!

Canned reports were clunky and looked horrible when exported from visualforce. Conga was a game changer for us because we can be creative with MS-Office and instantly create customized canned reports.

Conga Document Generation review by Hope S.
Hope S.

"Easy to Use and Professional with Great Support"

What do you like best?

Conga Composer produces a professional-looking document with information pulled easily right from your Salesforce Org. They have an extensive training, so you can easily learn to use the product -- interactive courses along with step-by-step guides showing you exactly how to use the product. If you have a problem, and can't find the answer online - their support chat is AMAZING. They are friendly and helpful and (of course) knowledgeable. Even when it was realized the program couldn't do what I wanted it to, they had suggestions for workarounds (until they get the program to where it could do what I wanted!).

What do you dislike?

If you're an end-user, there is a little bit of a learning curve-- but it's not too bad, all things considered. And if you have a certified administrator setting things up for you, you should have no problems at all learning how to use it!

Automated emails, attaching quotes and other generated documents

Conga Document Generation review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"Very powerful tool for creating our quotes, contracts and detailed reports"

What do you like best?

Composer is very flexible and lets us create documents in any format we need. Their support team is also extremely responsive and helps us with great new features and suggestions as we go.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything that detracts from our use of the tool. There are many features we aren't yet taking advantage of so I'm still learning...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Conga's support and documentation is excellent. The free training videos got me up to speed very quickly and let us deliver some powerful features to our team. It also helped with our goal of getting all the information into Salesforce as our sales reps can now see the benefit of having quality data in Salesforce

We've needed to ensure our teams create consistent quotes and contract documents and pull all the details from Salesforce easily. While staff in different areas always want to add their own "touch" to the documents, they've now found it saves them a great deal more time than creating their own

Conga Document Generation review by Danny T.
Danny T.

"Leveraging Conga on a custom object -> self implementation"

What do you like best?

Looking at Conga during the evaluation period, there was plenty of material available online and helped strongly in the ability for us to self implement the solution. Conga provides templates for standard Salesforce objects but it was easy enough to look at their formats and leverage our own custom templates. Our custom object leverages the record data plus 5 related objects all that get pulled into a project report.

What do you dislike?

There isn't great documentation with setup for what a "read only" user needs access too. Took a bit of back and forth with our Salesforce admin to get a non admin user access to run the Conga templates.

Only other item that is clunky is the related objects and having to do a report and the formatting necessary to do the loop within the document and to keep formatting the same. Have had to put the formatting in 5pt to not shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Conga pricing model is per user not by template. It is a great way to get professional documents out of your Salesforce system on multiple objects. Looking forward internally to continuing to roll out additional templates.

We are leveraging Conga for our Weekly Status reports to send to our customers during our implementations - this allows for our Project Managers to keep one record of truth for the project (internal and customer facing notes) and simply create a customer facing document with only a few clicks. This also allowed us to move from an excel based project template to a much more customer friendly and professional template that is standard across all our project managers.

Conga Document Generation review by Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

"Love me some Conga Composer! "

What do you like best?

I am pretty new to Conga Composer, but I love that it saves me time! Because of it's integration with Salesforce, I just simply upload my templates with Conga template and it pulls the fields I need out of my Salesforce instance to create documents that are ready to use.

What do you dislike?

hmmmm.... I guess if I had to come up with something it would be the pop-up window to create the template has a button that says I can go return to the opportunity, but it doesn't take me back to the original window...it just keeps a new window opened.

As a non-profit we send thank you letters out to our donors and Conga Composer makes that effortless. In addition, I have realized that there is an array of options when creating documents for different needs.

Conga Document Generation review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"Conga Composer Does What It Needs to Do Most of the Time"

What do you like best?

I like that conga Composer saves me time because I do not have to go back and forth and re enter the same information- especially lots of data. I'm pretty sure that I make fewer errors because I don't have to re enter all of the data by hand. There are easy to find categories to merge and then create a single professional product.

What do you dislike?

There can be issues with its integration with Salesforce. It will sometimes freeze and we have to restart Salesforce or sign in over and over. It also sometimes comes up with all of the fields blank that were supposed to be filled in by the mail marge. You always have to double check a document before submitting it because potentially all of the fields will say zero. This happens every once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Double check before you save/send something to make sure that all of the fields are filled out

We do not need to send field back and forth between departments to be redundantly looked over and data reentered. We can just create each file and the next person can merge all of the data together with a single mail merge. Another benefit is being able to combine multiple files into a single report that is professional looking that we can then send off to a client. This program saves a lot of time and promotes accuracy by getting rid of human error. .

Conga Document Generation review by Mary B.
Mary B.

"I absolutely LOVE the Conga integration with Sage Live!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to create templates! We have many clients that need to customize their Sales Invoice templates in Sage Live, and once Conga is installed into their org, we've found many of our clients can do the invoice customization themselves - it's that easy!

What do you dislike?

The installation of Conga takes a bit of time and could be streamlined. There are many steps to it, and if you miss one little detail it won't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Everyone should use Conga Composer to customize their Sales Invoices in Sage Live!

We are able to easily customize Sales Invoice templates in Sage Live, and we can create as many different templates as we need for the different operations within one business. And it's easy to select which template you want to use when invoicing a selected customer.

Conga Document Generation review by Brock H.
Brock H.

"Fast and efficient proposal generation"

What do you like best?

Conga allows for easily repeatable proposal templates that have greatly streamlined our proposal generation process. We can put together a quick quote and supporting proposal for a client in minutes using the technology Conga provides.

What do you dislike?

Occasional bugs and other technical hiccups to be expected from an evolving SaaS product do pop up from time to time. It can also be difficult to create a repeatable review process for quotes and proposals that need to be exported for hard copy submission.

Proposal and quote generation is our primary use for Conga. It has made this process much simpler and faster overall.

Conga Document Generation review by Lisa A.
Lisa A.

"Conga Composer is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love that we can upload our letters into Conga composer and have the necessary information mapped to the letter! The agents love being able to click a few buttons and have a letter generated, saved to the case and sent out to our members. Conga has made tedious tasks easy!

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to have access to see the agents with licenses and the amount of times they have printed different letters within specific times. We would be able to use these numbers to help order the correct amount of custom paper and envelopes for these letters.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reporting tools would be amazing!

Conga has helped the problem of manually entering information in letters, this solution has made generating letters easy and has also help with efficiency and productivity!

Conga Document Generation review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Conga is a great solution for our business needs"

What do you like best?

At this point, we have not used Conga to the extent that we need to. This is not, however, due to an issue with Conga, but the fact that our implementation of Conga has been crowded out at times by the tyranny of the urgent. That said, however, Conga has been great for what we need right now, support has been excellent, and training has been helpful and timely. I'm looking forward to using Conga more in the future.

What do you dislike?

I don't like Conga's interface. It is quite dated and unintuitive at times. Moreover, there seem to be far too many clicks to get to a solution. I think much of this could be sorted out with a deep and careful review of the UI and UX.

Document creation is our primary use.

Conga Document Generation review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"It’s a gamechanger"

What do you like best?

My team uses Conga to generate acknowledgement letters for our donors and we love that we can mass generate them in batches within seconds. We have cut down average turnaround time between receipt of gift and delivery of acknowledgement from 2 weeks to 2 days!

What do you dislike?

There is a limit on how many letters we can mass generate at a time, would love if we could generate all the letters in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would love if the LiveEdit feature can include the header and footer of a template

It has been a huge time saver internally for staff. Given that we’re a nonprofit with a small team, Conga has transformed our day to day and has made it possible for us to do more with less.

Conga Document Generation review by Amy A.
Amy A.

"Conga Composer, with one click our admit letters are ready to print"

What do you like best?

We have complex letters that are sent to students, with approximately 30 variable fields, with Conga we have saved hours of time creating individual letters with a click of a button. We have been able to set these up as emails and printed letters. Instead of taking 20 minutes per student to prepare their letter and email, it now takes us 5 min.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit of time to set up, but once set up, I have no complaints!

We are able to create individual letters with one button for each contact. I have also found conga very helpful in pulling documents together, I can pull a contact's answers to questions into a word document with ease and send this to our reviews in half the time as before.

Conga Document Generation review by Margaret H.
Margaret H.

"We've been here since Tinderbox"

What do you like best?

The user interface is the best part of the product. We appreciate the fact that the customer can look at the portions that matter to them most, and that acceptance is covered in a button. The tracking features are also key in pushing negotiations forward as it eliminates the "I haven't seen it" time buying excuse.

What do you dislike?

We joined up with the Tinderbox functionality expectations. Redlining not being available in the proposal has degraded the value proposition internally because we have built so much infrastructure around that part of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a way to get to the middle ground between Conga Composer and this generation of the Octiv product. Redlining is an essential function and not having it causes customers to try and work in the PDF which breaks continuity.

Time to sign is constantly reducing.

Conga Document Generation review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The title says it all: It just works. We became a Conga customer four years ago and the product has continued to scale with our business. The new interface, which I guess is at this point more than a few years old, further simplified the user experience.

What do you dislike?

Embedding conditional logic in templates could be easier. In order to lessen the impact of this shortcoming, we put more of our business logic in the Salesforce integration as opposed to in the Conga templates themselves. This adds a adds a modest amount of maintenance overhead when we need to make a change to all template variants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know the advanced DocuSign for Salesforce integration options; choosing the right settings can drastically simplify the user experience for non-administrators.

We generate ordering documents using data in Salesforce opportunity records and automatically send the PDFs to DocuSign for digital signature. Our ordering documents used to be created manually, which resulted in them being littered with errors. By enforcing document creation and signature with a combination of Salesforce, Conga, and DocuSign, we've eliminated errors and reduced time to close.

Conga Document Generation review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Conga is a very useful salesforce tool"

What do you like best?

The options with creating custom word and excel documents are essentially limitless. Once you learn now to write the conga "code" you are pretty much good to go. We have created many custom documents that my sales team use on a daily basis

What do you dislike?

learning the conga code that you need for creating the custom buttons is rather difficult. The resources on the conga website are getting better, but they could still use some work. The code behind the buttons are rather quirky.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look into taking a training class. It can be very tricky to set up at first.

We have created documents that the sales team uses on a daily basis that pulls the required information from different parts of salesforce. This makes sure that our customers always receive the latest version of the required documents with accurate information.

Conga Document Generation review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Great product from a great company!"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly and easily create documents from data in our Salesforce database. I've also been very impressed with Conga's incredible customer support and documentation. Their support people took the time to walk me through the product, ensure I understood how to set up and use the Salesforce connectors, and followed up to check in on me a few days later.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use a makeover, as it's a little dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test drive the product, review the online documentation, and see for yourself how easy and effective the product is.

We use Composer to generate Letters of Agreement, Proposals, etc. for our customers and it greatly improves the speed of creation and accuracy of the information in the document creation process.

Conga Document Generation review by Clayton S.
Clayton S.

"Makes document creation simple, and users love it!"

What do you like best?

Merging fields are a breeze, and makes it very easy to quickly setup a template. Once your templates are setup, the end users love the ease of document creation. The built in email functionality is very handy, and works great. Conga's support network has also been wonderful so far.

What do you dislike?

The only trouble so far has been user error on my end. I was able to contact their support team, and they were able to point me in the right direction very quickly.

Our leasing division is currently creating lease quotes and lease schedules for their customers using Conga. With the quotes especially, we are able to quickly create a professional looking document, that is taking that business to the next level.

Conga Document Generation review by Mattijs v.
Mattijs v.

"An intuitive tool "

What do you like best?

The time I save with this tool. We make Quotations every day and the ease of use makes that process very efficient. This way we can deliver a quick pricing to our customers.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found a thing that I dislike. I have been working with this tool for a couple of months now.

We use the tool for complex calculations which we use to make our Quotations.

By complex I mean, special discounts, agreements with our customers which are namely Government and Healthcare customers.

Conga Document Generation review by Gregory G.
Gregory G.

"Conga makes quoting easy"

What do you like best?

Intuitive CRM (Salesforce) integration allows sales reps to quickly and easily build quotes for clients. Merges fields in your CRM to the templates to ensure accurate information is contained within. Provides multiple output types for flexibility. Template repository allows reps to create and save their own templates for future use.

What do you dislike?

User interface is slightly dated. Reliant on data within CRM. Changes to incorrect prices, license numbers, etc... cannot be made directly through tool unless you download a template and make manual changes in Word.

Allows me to be responsive when clients are looking for quotes. Automate quoting process, cutting down significantly on time needed to build.

Conga Document Generation review by John K.
John K.

"Transformational Product that has exponentially increased our efficiency..."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Conga Composer 8 is its seamless integration with Salesforce. Conga queries make it easy to pull & render data from our standard & custom objects such as contracts and meeting minutes that bring it right into Powerpoint, PDF or Word. Create a custom link or button and canned reports are easily generated from live data. Before Conga, we used visualforce then exported to Excel or Word, which was particularly inefficient. Conga Composer produces beautiful, rich, branded reports we use on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

Template builder could be sightly more user friendly, but that is nit-picking. There are features we are not yet taking using. So I'm still learning...

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Conga pricing model is user based - perhaps pricing could be reduced by number of templates or events perhaps.

Sales and Admin efficiency gains and click of a button rendering of documents. FTE reduction resulted within 3 months of implementing Conga

Conga Document Generation review by Adrienne C.
Adrienne C.

"Upgrading the way we share documents!"

What do you like best?

That Conga gives you the ability to pull in from all the different objects that standard email templates and mail merges just won't let you do; with the added benefits of being able to schedule report and document sends as attachments as opposed to just data within an email. Our senior management love being able to get a report with company logos, formatted and company branded as attachments straight to their emails for their meetings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes conga exports have the ability to push cells in documents out, especially if the merge field names are longer than the data needing to be exported. But other than that there's not much to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be scared to have a play around and fail a few times over. It can be a product that takes some getting used to.

Our company loves being able to recieve their scheduled reports as attachments. We're also looking into integrating this with DocuSign in the near future to elimiate manually typing out contracts for our customers.

Conga Document Generation review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"We cannot do without Conga"

What do you like best?

I've been using Composer for about 9 years at several companies. The ability to create documents using data from multiple objects is invaluable. At several companies, we created complex contract and supporting documents, pulling data from multiple objects such as Accounts, Opportunities, Products, and other custom objects, and merging the data into custom designed templates. None of this would have been possible without Conga.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. There is a learning curve for building templates but once you've got it, it becomes a very easy process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the great support provided by Conga to get started. Otherwise, it can be a little confusing. With a small amount of help and direction, it will all click and become easy.

Mostly contract creation. We use it in conjunction with workflow so it automatically figures out which the,plate to use and pulls in all the required data including product specific terms and conditions. Contracts are always correct and have all the appropriate text -- no room for manual error.

Conga Document Generation review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A Great Doc-Gen Solution"

What do you like best?

-Support: The support agents set this product apart from their competitors. They're all super friendly, more than willing to help, and if they tell you that they'll do something, they will keep their commitments. I have implemented Conga at multiple companies both as a full-time employee and a consultant (recommending Conga) expressly because of the support.

-Flexibility of the product (seriously, these guys have thought of just about everything). I can create everything from Sales Decks to reports to roadmaps to narrative Word docs using Conga + SFDC data. I'd like to see more here.

-Ease of use of the product - the new updates that auto-create the buttons make it really simple to use

What do you dislike?

-Documentation, while thorough, could be organized better. The categories don't seem to be as fully baked and easy to navigate as they could be

-Sample templates that can be downloaded and reviewed based on standard SFDC objects

-I would like to see more ideas and how other customers have used Conga for "unconventional" solutions. I like that I can create invoices/quotes with the product, but would like to see the other uses people have come up with to generate from the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other solutions similar to Conga out there, but Conga's support sets them far apart from the others.

-Generating consistently formatted documents with the same questions answered by ever producer

-Generating visual roadmaps of projects based on SFDC data

-Generating reporting that isn't capable via native SFDC reporting

Conga Document Generation review by Administrator

"Conga Document Generation is a Huge Time Saver"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to run on an everyday basis. With one click the document pulls the information altogether from SalesForce and puts it in the required format.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tricky figuring out all of the codes/symbols/etc. when building in SalesForce. Building the template was also a little time consuming, but definitely worth it in the end.

Our sales team uses this to pull information from Salesforce and it puts it into the template format. This alleviates questions as to what information we need in the document and how we want it displayed. They simply plug in the information and out comes a document set up the way we wanted it to be.

Conga Document Generation review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Better keeps getting Better"

What do you like best?

Friendly and fast. With Sales people chomping at the bit to close we rely on Conga/Octiv to be there when we need it. Always quick and reliable for that professional look and ease to sign a client in a flash.

What do you dislike?

nothing at the moment. There is always room for improvement but Conga/Octiv always seem to be proactive and ready for the next updates and features before their customers are.

Time Saving is key with a new business unit that we have added. With the integration of Formstack we can cut time for filling out PDF Contracts by using the Web Merge feature along with Integrating with Salesforce to send documents to our clients faster than ever before.

Conga Document Generation review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Easy to use document generation"

What do you like best?

Conga's documentation is great but their support team is awesome. I am one that learns by doing and they have helped me learn Conga quickly and efficiently sometimes, just through a chat session

What do you dislike?

I learned after setting up many documents and just by accident that some of my set up was not supported by the new Salesforce interface, Lightning which means I need to go back and redesign much of what I already did.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent product. So far all use cases have had positive results

Email has been significantly reduced. Data is entered once in Salesforce and the document is generated from there. Before we would enter in Salesforce and in a word document and/or email.

Conga Document Generation review by David P.
David P.

"Great automated document generator!"

What do you like best?

The professional look and automation of document creation is amazing. It has significantly reduced the amount of work my staff do manually creating documents. It is very easy to implement and use. We are looking forward to extending the use of this product to other parts of the organization.

What do you dislike?

The only item I would like to see changed is after customizing a document creation, to have the ability to upload the customized document directly into Sales Cloud without having to manually save it and attach it to the record.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest you share samples of the documents you wish to create to Conga so they can help you better understand what their product will do, will not do, and if this is something you can do on your own or if they would suggest a 3rd party partner to assist.

Creating consistent documents and reports has been challenging and tedious. Conga Composer has made quick work of several common, but complex documents. I really like that it can save a copy of the created document to the associated Sales Cloud record for historical review.

Conga Document Generation review by Naveen G.
Naveen G.

"A market leading document generation on Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Conga is a market leading document generation product on the Salesforce. It is one of the most popular apps on AppExchange. It is easy to use and allows non-developers to generate documents based on information stored in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Conga has recently increased its pricing. So cost is an issue for some of the small businesses that we work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a market leading product for document generation on the Salesforce platform. If you have the budget, then go for it.

The business problem is generating custom documents like quote, invoice etc from data present in Salesforce. The documents generated needs to have a professional look-and-feel and should show dynamic data from Salesforce objects.

Learn more about Conga Document Generation

Conga Document Generation Videos

Learning about Conga Document Generation?

* We monitor all Conga Document Generation reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.