Conga Document Generation

Conga Document Generation

Conga Document Generation makes it easy for Salesforce.com users to create sophisticated documents and reports using their data in Salesforce CRM with just a few clicks.

Work for Conga Document Generation?

Learning about Conga Document Generation?

Conga Document Generation Reviews

Ask Conga Document Generation a Question
Showing 365 Conga Document Generation reviews
UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Conga Document Generation
Bethany S.

"Excellent Product and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Once you've learned how to use Conga, it becomes a very helpful tool. Conga is incredibly flexible, so more than likely you'll be able to accomplish any document-creation goals with it. Also, customer support is excellent. There are some helpful resources online for some simpler issues, but the Conga support staff are incredibly helpful if you need more assistance with anything.

What do you dislike?

At first, it can be somewhat intimidating to begin using the software. There is a learning curve there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is helpful to get a full tour of the software from Conga themselves. Before I did this, I was having some difficulty with figuring out some of the features, but the guided tour from Conga allowed me to figure it out.

Conga is allowing members of my organization to automatically create documents that they would have had to manually create in the past. They are also able to do things like including files that are attached to the record in Salesforce, which saves even more time.

What Salesforce CRM Document Generation solution do you use?

Veronica G.

"Conga Document Generation has helped not only our collections team but our brand!"

What do you like best?

We use it mostly to generate invoice PDFs that are attached in emails. It's such a great tool because it works in the background for us through automation. We can take a step back without having to worry about if the documents will be generated or if they will turn out looking professional or if they even have the right information on them. Using all the bells and whistles of Conga Document Generation, we are a better functioning company. Not only that, we are able to create brand awareness through the customization of document templates and email templates. Conga Document Generation has really helped us take our services and our company to the next level.

What do you dislike?

The functionalities are working well, nothing to dislike there. Although I can say that the look and feel may be a little outdated, especially in the system that we are in. Currently, we are using Conga Document Generation in Salesforce Lightning. Although the two work well together, there is a disconnect with overall aesthetic. This, however, is VERY minor. Something we can look over. Other than that, it works well!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool that can accomplish so many business processes. For us, it's alleviating our billing department. And with other Conga tools, it can do more!

We send out our billing electronically and we need a tool that can summarize the month's billing and put it in an intuitive, easily accessible form. We also want to think about the needs of our customers so we want to ensure that there will be a way to save the month's billing for their records and most importantly, be able to pay from the document (via link). This is all solved by Conga Document Generation and Conga Trigger, I believe.

We also frequently create manual invoices in which we still want the above functions but more real time. We also need a way to customize our messaging and add to the templated messages. All these are possible with this tool.

Peyton M.

"Conga Is a Fantastic Solution with a Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

Conga has taken so much worktime out of our business development process! What used to be a tedious back and forth has been reduced to a few minutes for document generation and a few minutes for QA/QC. Reducing discresionary decision points in our document generation process has improved productivity, customer satisfaction, and decreased sales cycle time.

What do you dislike?

Conga at times is glitchy, beyond what even technicians are completely confident in solving. There's hit or miss fragmentation of function between Lightning and Classic platforms. Conga should really prioritize a full move to Lightning quickly. Additionally, there is some substantial learning curve to understand each minor development component to Conga.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you commit ample time to setup.

We're using Conga to automate reports, sending of reports, e-sign, proposals, and overall document generation and transmission. The primary benefits are reduction in total time to complete tasks and uniformity of documents.

Ed P.

"Excellent onboarding and support"

What do you like best?

I found Conga Collaborate to be easy to administer, and Conga's professional services to set up the product with Salesforce and their ongoing support have been terrific.

What do you dislike?

UX is good, but could be even simpler for occasional users. We have a major challenge with adoption, so anything Conga can do to make the product so intuitive, friction-less and mistake-proof that even a 6-year old can do it would be greatly appreciated.

Conga Collaborate has saved our pre-sales engineers about 75% of their time generating Statements of Work, so it's been a major productivity improvement. The system also ensures our field people use only correct, approved document versions as a starting point. That's harder to quantify, but the increase in consistency and quality ripples through the organization and saves a significant amount of frustration, rework, and customer ill will downstream.

Claire J.

"Allow users to concentrate on the details that matter, not creating/formatting a report"

What do you like best?

Conga Composer, along with Conga Workflow and Conga Conductor, save me so much time every report cycle. I can automate the generation of well formatted, consistent documents on a regular basis, allowing me to concentrate on other tasks.

I can also provide my Salesforce users templates so they can create identical, record specific documents with no effort - allowing them to concentrate on the details within rather than what the output looks like.

What do you dislike?

Conga don't do a great job of letting existing users know about upgrades to products they already have. But this is changing with the 2017 launched Conga Champions programme, which uses challenges to share Conga news.

The initial reason we purchased Conga Composer was to generate internal governance documents. The consistent, reliable outputs allow the reader to concentrate on the detail within - and consistent branding means they know it is the document they are expecting.

Since purchasing, I now use Conga to generate a whole suite of reports, from pipelines to revenue forecasts, for personal use to public circulation. And the add-ons of Conga Workflow (aka Conga Trigger) to automate document generation, and Conga Conductor (aka Conga Batch) to launch solutions on a recurring schedule, mean less time is spent on tasks which can be automated.

Jonathan W.

"Excellent Product for Doing mail merges and also send reporting to customer and stakeholders"

What do you like best?

I love this product as it offer much more than standard salesforce document generation and makes it easier to share this with stakeholders. For example standard quotes in sales force are really poor this means to offer the best options to customer we use conga to do this. We also use the product to take reports created in sales force and convert them to templates spreadsheets. This is then sent out to management so they can review the data we have on sales and opportunities in our company. This means that we do not have to but extra sales force license for users that only need to see the reports. Also we like the ability to create the word documents from the tool, these are used for creating certificates for training along with distribution contracts. All this offers many features that we would not have without using the conga tool.

All in all I really like conga and use it day in day one as both a user and an admin of our CRM System.

The pricing is very good based on the amount of features that you get and I can see us using more of the products such as signature in the next 12 months.

What do you dislike?

Nothing apart from having to create SOQL queries because the reporting and lighting does not work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth the investment in terms of what if offers

Contracts, Quoting, sending reports as excel files to stake holders

Mallary K.

"Close More Deals with Conga"

What do you like best?

It's SO easy. I love that no matter how they are accessing the contract, the prospect can very easily review the terms and accept. It's also incredibly easy to update/edit terms within the contract. I really like the analytics, specifically getting text messages when my champion is in the contract. It's also great to see how long they've been in the tool. It has a lot of great features, while still being very intuitive. From the admin side, our team has connected Salesforce to Conga, which streamlines our discounting and proposal creation process by automatically transferring over the fields within Salesforce. This is a great value to the team and to our Salesforce Admins. We've also had great support from the Conga team, whenever we have an issue they are very prompt on resolving it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I've used a lot of other systems in past roles and this is by far the easiest method (both from the rep side and the prospect side).

We wanted to streamline our end of deal cycle through giving a simple way to execute contracts and have visibility across the team in how those were developing.

Tristan N.

"Simple, but powerful Document Creation for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

After set up, customization and document generation were easy. Once templates were loaded in, proposal's came out looking great and consistent across agents.

What do you dislike?

Setup was involved and took some time to dedicate to learning the system. I found the search tool to find the correct fields a little lacking, and had to manually create some based on formats I could find.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time, get to know the concepts and Conga will be a breeze! The search terms are flexible and you can generally modify one to pull the information you need should the search results not find you the right field.

Generating great looking customizable quotes from Salesforce was an issue. Conga helped us solve this with their tools. We've since used Conga to help us compile notes from trade show trips which allow supervisors to easily collect and display all comments in separate categories for review.

Tess C.

"Good Software, Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

We purchased Conga during a migration of 1 of our subcompanies from Sage CRM to SalesForce. I recreated a lot of documents they were processing either with Word & their own email or by paper. Conga has made almost everything fairly easy & intuitive so it didn't take long to catch on to how to make the document templates or create a button. What I like best, though, is their amazing customer service. Being new to both Conga & SalesForce, I had a lot of questions. Every representative that I talked to was very knowledgeable, friendly, happy to give me tips/help I didn't even ask for & treated me respectfully no matter how dumb my questions may have seemed to them (I'm a total novice with both their software & SalesForce).

What do you dislike?

I wish the SOQL query builder were a little more robust & maybe had a place where you can choose functions to choose while making the query. Overall, not a huge complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The high level of customer service & the ease of use of this product from a development standpoint make this product stand out.

Automate creation & standardize format of contracts & letters, modernize the method of obtaining signatures for several of those, easier method of tracking signed documents

"Great Product - Saves Our Sales Team Time"

What do you like best?

We use it internally for our contract and proposal generation - our sales team was previously spending about 15minutes per proposal and now they can do it in a manner of seconds. We also generate our contracts via Conga and can send them out using Conga Sign keeping the entire contract process within Salesforce. Knowing where the contract sits and when it was last touched by our prospects is a huge help.

What do you dislike?

It's a little tough to work with PDFs - if you have a PDF (such as our proposal) you have to export it to Microsoft Word and work with your Conga formulas in there so the formatting can be a little funky here and there. The Conga support team is very helpful with formatting though and have been able to solve almost every formatting issue we've had within a matter of hours. Most problems can also be solved via their online web resources which are pretty extensive.

Conga document generation has made the lives of both our Sales and Legal team much easier. It's been a time saver to be able to dynamically generate contracts with unique use cases via Salesforce and then be able to send them out and know where that contract sits. Also it's been a huge time saver for our sales team as well to be able to generate a proposal by themselves simply by creating an Opportunity within Salesforce and clicking a few buttons. It helps them to spend more time selling rather than doing admin work.

C

"It can fry your eggs in the AM but it's a lot of effort to set up"

What do you like best?

With the power this tool has it takes a lot to set it up. Granted, Composer 8's UI in Lightning is as easy as it can get but a very seasoned System Admin had better be at the wheel because data architecture and query building are essential. Conga support is TOP NOTCH and will hold your hand along the way, if needed. Expect to invest many hours to set up a single, complex doc.

What do you dislike?

Takes time to set up and test. I cannot imagine a novice user trying to set this up by themselves. I am only proficient because I've implemented it across 15 different clients. That said, due to document and data architecture complexity I have been known to invest over 20 hours building one document. Do not think this is a simple setup.You'd be mistaken.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is incredible. What i can make a single button do is powerful. I found DocuSign integration very confusing, however, from the DocuSign side of things.

Once users enter data they should not have to retype a single thing for SOWs, contracts, project plans, invoices, etc. They should be able to click a button and know their document is formatted, branded and merging in all details no matter where the data lives in the system.

"Great Tool for Document Generation and Automation"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Conga Composer can create a professional-looking document using our existing Salesforce data and tailor it to only include the information needed for that sale/opportunity. I recently discovered use cases for Conga Queries and the Table:Hide functions, and these have really helped us bring our contract creation and delivery process to the next level.

What do you dislike?

Some of this might be Word-related, but the templates seem pretty finicky. Trying to add a bulleted list within a Conga Template, or get the spacing "just right", takes a great deal of trial and error.

Contracts used by several of our sales teams are now automatically created and delivered via DocuSign by our Conga Solution in Salesforce Lightning. This saves our sales reps from having to enter information in multiple places on multiple systems in order to generate a contract. They can track and close their entire sales opportunity lifecycle within Salesforce.

Jaron J.

"Export more than data from Salesforce, export the documents you need for your customers."

What do you like best?

Many solutions for the private sector don’t always apply to state government processes, but Conga Composer is seamlessly integrating into our highly customized org. Conga Composer allows us to export finished documents and speeds up all of our internal processes.

Our team can overcome the tedious nature of relying solely on dated technologies like Word by outsourcing document generation to an automated tool. Composer merges data from standard and custom Salesforce objects so that manual document generation is a thing of the past. Most templates are easy to make and manage.

What do you dislike?

The product has a lot of moving parts that can be difficult to manage. Dated implementations of Composer that aren't documented well can make an Admin's job difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Are you Salesforce user looking for document generation in order to leverage your data? Investigate this product.

What is Conga Composer doing for us?

-Replaces frustrating manual document generation like Word file management with simple Salesforce record keeping.

-Template management is straightforward

-Dramatic increase in our team’s productivity

-Customer support you’d expect from an excellent company like Conga!

Rupert M.

"Conga is awesome, it makes it easy to create standard emails with merge fields"

What do you like best?

Conga allows you to create email templates and customize them for each client with the click of a button. You only have to create the template once and add merge fields, for example Client Name, address, etc. and you have a standard template being sent with specific information to each client.

What do you dislike?

It can get tedious when trying to create the merge fields. Also, the button creation can be cumbersome because you have to create queries and follow all kinds of specification to get the document to where you need it to be. It can be overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it simpler to set up the buttons and it would be nice to have better support.

Saving sales reps time as it relates to contacting clients. We have even found ways to give the option to send custom messages to clients if they so chose, on a standard template. There is a lot that can be done if you take the time to learn the software.

Linda H.

"Best Document Automation Product"

What do you like best?

Conga has helped to streamline our renewal invoicing processes and improve our efficiency. It’s very user friendly and our Salesforce users find it really easy to use with only a click of a button! Since implementing invoices, we have started to expand how we use Conga by generating course usage reports in Excel and sending surveys. Making it easier to engage with our Members at all stages in their Membership.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily a downside, but queries can be difficult to write and it was so much easier when we could use reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it!

Conga helped us to centralize where our documents are generated and saved. Also allowed us to automate renewal invoicing and send out monthly course usage information to our Members. This allows our sales to concentrate on the selling aspects of the business and build customer relationships.

Amandine A.

"Great product and the greatest support team"

What do you like best?

Conga has become a vital part of our business, but what I like best has to be the support team. When I moved into my current role and was tasked with fixing an issue with a merge I had no idea where to even start! I called their support and they were incredibly patient and helpful. When I explained I knew nothing about the set up or implementation of the product, the person helping me walked me through step by step, answered all my questions thoroughly and patiently, and even sent me direct contact info for further questions. Anytime I have had to call in to their support I am amazed that every rep has such a great attitude. They want to help and they are willing to teach, not just fix your problem and send you on your way. With their help and guidance I have not had to call them as frequently as the months have gone by,

What do you dislike?

Figuring out the language for contract merges was a nightmare. I have no prior experience in this field and I have had to spend a lot of time googling how to format the contracts. I could have called in to their support and I am sure they would have happily helped me but I was stubborn and determined to figure it out on my own. Also the latest update has been a little hectic because we still have merges that live on the old version and some in the new version.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to read through their blog and learn. Also don't ever hesitate to call their support, they will help with any issues no matter how tiny they may be.

We are able to create contracts quickly from Salesforce with custom fields populated. We have over 100 different types of contracts and being able to quickly pull a contract and print and send over signing has saved us many a deal. We have started to use the merges for other aspects of our business, and have been successful with implementations.

Josh D.

"Conga Courier - does exactly what it says on the tin"

What do you like best?

The ability to send reports to contacts - my team were setting up customers as full users in order to send them their implementation time sheet/ expense reports. This saves valuable user licenses.

Also love the fact that my users can set up report schedules and manage themselves with very little input from me.

What do you dislike?

It would maybe be improved if it was clearer to users when the next report would run. Currently, the users enter their schedule and click save. There is a field called 'Next Report Run' which is unpopulated. This leads users to be concerned that their changes were not saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can send each report to unlimited users or up to 25 contacts. Can make groups the recipient

We used to send Customers reports using their Chatter user as the recipient. Salesforce took away this ability and Conga gave it back to us.

Justin S.

"Great for teams without developers or users who change things often"

What do you like best?

Great to have power business users doing maintenance on documents. Does not require a developer to make changes to a Visualforce document. Integration to adobe sign works well. Has some nice advanced features like background processing if you figure out the parameters for them.

What do you dislike?

Interface and integration is clunky, documentation is really hard to find information. Salesforce integration involves creating a button that has all of the data you would need from reports and queries, so maintaining that in large deployments with many templates can be a nightmare. Adding the correct tag formatting to Word documents was not obvious, and there was no documentation to help. The copy and paste tag editor helped for the name, but not the formatting. Once I contacted support, they were able to help, but this is a basic feature for which there was no documentation.

Creating agreement documents, pre-filling forms, sending complex emails with data from various object sources

Giancarlo S.

"Conga Composer for Salesforce Doc Gen"

What do you like best?

The ease of building doc gen solutions with Conga Queries, Conga Solutions, Conga Templates, and Conga Global Merge

What do you dislike?

Not all components are lightning ready. List view buttons are not lightning ready so the user has to switch to classic to use list view buttons. Not a big deal, but is definitely a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used other doc gent tool. Some that require HTML and some that have a user interface. Conga Composer is the easiest to use and has the most robust toolkit.

It is on the pricier side, but I have found them to be willing to discuss pricing based on the client's needs especially when it comes to not for profits. And they do not charge for mass gen like some other tools.

Presentation Ready reports pulling data in from multiple Standard and Custom Objects.

Tax Receipting

Prefilled Printable Forms

Gina R.

"Conga Composer takes mail merge to a whole new level "

What do you like best?

With Conga Composer I have been able to harness all of the data within Salesforce to create complex document packages for my customers. I have worked with many different document assembly tools in the past and this is the first one that effortlessly combines data from different areas without complex code. It is an essential tool to leverage data within Salesforce and provides a compelling reason for my users to put everything in the system when they know I can take it all out in useful documents.

What do you dislike?

I have so far not found a way to create multiple documents off of a table in Salesforce using only Conga Composer so that I can also incorporate data from related tables.

I have been able to automate multiple document packages for different use cases, including creation of loan documents, credit memos and account briefs. It is improving the quality and efficiency for document production across multiple business units.

Justin T.

"So much power, but how do I harness it?"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to create a report and use it in template builder. It saves a ton of time and works perfectly on a data merge. So far, there doesn't seem to be much of a limit to it's uses.

What do you dislike?

I feel the process for creating a new template or editing an existing one is not so intuitive. I would like to see a new, very user-friendly interface/dashboard in the future. It also seems like there should be a easily accessible formatting chart or list in template builder and advanced editor. Also, maybe a lot of this can be attributed to the lack of education on Conga.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an employee take classes with Conga and make them a designated Conga 'admin'.

We use Composer for rapid fire document creation, as well as emails to employees and customers. I'm always trying to think of new ways we can implement Composer.

"Good document created but occasional system glitch"

What do you like best?

easy to design and create beautiful outcome

nice support team and quite responsive

good documentation for new user

What do you dislike?

occasional system glitch, sometimes user will not able to generate any document for a few hours

normally will be self rectified by itself

it is a bit slow to generate the document, but tolerable

Recommendations to others considering the product:

conga composer is a reasonable priced product if your business requires generating a lot of professional looking paperwork such as sales order and invoice etc.

It is easy to learn and design. No particular IT skills required. Support is also responsive and helpful.

However, sometimes, a user will not be able to generate any document for a few hours for no reason. Contacted support regarding this issue, but no avail. Normally, restart the browser/PC might resolve the issue. If the issue persists after restarting, it will normally go away in a few hours.

generate sales order confirmation, invoice etc

very professional and neat document generated

E
Executive Sponsor

"Been using it for years with Salesforce and never needed another"

What do you like best?

Its native to the platform and regular updates. Does what we need it to very simply and efficiently. Used mostly at the moment for invoicing and payments but looking to roll it our across HR and contracts. Good support team and they are regularly in touch with updates and developments,

What do you dislike?

At the moment it is fit for purpose and I am looking to use it more across teams going into next year. I can only recommend a little more material on training and how best to use the product as we could I am sure be using it even better

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using salesforce and looking for a tool that is easy to use for beginners or small admins teams or a larger company with more diverse needs this is a very strong and versatile product.

Invoice process automation, integration with Sage and Salesforce. We have used this across offices, in UK and US with multiple currencies. We are considering its use across internal contracts, terms documents and HR also.

Rochelle M.

"Get data from multiple objects all onto one document."

What do you like best?

We use Conga for Customer Setup, Profiles, Customer Contracts, etc. We love that we can get data from across multiple objects within Salesforce.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to make changes to the Data and/or Templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very nice product. The account team at Conga makes sure you have everything to succeed.

We no longer have to manually add data to documents. It is a time saver for sure. With a click of a button, you can pull data from multiple objects within Salesforce.com and bring them together onto one document. This allows our users to generate multiple page documents within seconds. When we have a new new customer we need to have the ability to pull all of the customer addresses, payment terms, pricing information, etc. onto one form to distribute to everyone that needs to make sure the customer is setup correctly within all of our systems. It also makes it easy for our sales team to see a customer's "whole picture" all in one document. They can click a button, and pull in Account details, open Opportunities, Contacts, Sales Notes, ect. We need to be able to pull customer information quickly and Conga Composer allows us to do that. Without Conga Composer, these tasks would take hours by multiple users to complete which would not be beneficially to the company. We are also looking into other ways we can streamline our process with Conga Composer.

Learn more about Conga Document Generation

Conga Document Generation Videos

Learning about Conga Document Generation?

* We monitor all Conga Document Generation reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.