Yahoo! Mail Reviews & Product Details

Yahoo! Mail Overview

What is Yahoo! Mail?

Yahoo! Mail is a web and cloud-based messaging solution that allows you to stay connected to your email with one-tap access to your inbox, multiple Yahoo account support, and instant email alerts from any device.

Yahoo! Mail Details

Verizon Media
2005
San Francisco, CA
@FlurryMobile

Yahoo! Mail Screenshots

Yahoo! Mail Reviews

Showing 39 Yahoo! Mail reviews
Already have Yahoo! Mail?
Head Of Business Development
UA
What do you like best?

The reading pain is my favorite part of Yahoo Mail. I can quickly scan my emails without opening them up individually so that I can see what I need to attend to and what I can ignore or get rid of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the ads that look like an email at the top of my inbox.

I understand why organizations might not choose yahoo mail for their primary employee email system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an elected official, I use Yahoo Mail as an auxiliary email account. This is the email address I give out to organizations and people who I think are going to send me lots of mail that might not all be important. With the reading pain, I can quickly review my Yahoo account and see what needs my attention and what is unimportant. The sort feature is also very helpful when I want to look for something or want to clean out emails that have built up in my inbox. I also like that I can store my Yahoo emails in folders that I create. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Strategist
What do you like best?

Yahoo mail is very simple to use. Almost too simple. There isn't a whole lot to it but it is a great tool for those that do not require a lot of automation with their email. It's easy to drag and drop, respond, forward - all the basic tasks of email. The app is easy to use as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With many mail platforms (not just yahoo mail) it's very simple. Too simple. There's not a whole lot of robust features that would simplify my job. It's a mail platform. And yahoo, being one of the pioneers, has been around for a very long time. I just don't see anything fantastic about the platform compared to Outlook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an easy software to use to manage your mail, Yahoo mail would be the one. It gives you everything you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Since it's basic email, there's not really a whole lot of problems to solve with it. It's easy to use, efficient, does not take a lot of time. The app is great - I can recall, forward, reply, attach with ease. Using Yahoo had helped maintain the emails coming in at a busy medical practice that I had managed a few years back but they also had not implemented any type of Microsoft system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Analyst
What do you like best?

I like it because of convenience to connect the people easily and faster than other plat forms. Secondly, It also works as a hard drive to store my docs, photos, files, presentations etc... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The major issue of this site because it contains so many viruses if transfer any files or documents through this application. Anyone can share any thing without any valid information and yahoo accept the information which is uploading by users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I found there is no many issues as far as my usage is concern but it should more reliable and authenticates the material which is posted by anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Vice President
What do you like best?

Yahoo Mail's platform has been curated to be so user friendly in all Mobile and web platforms that it so easy to use interchangeably. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Yahoo Mail attached document preview software is not at all good. It's slow and doesn't give a full picture of the document until it's downloaded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helped my family to create an umbrella of email ids for online investments and money management. It's like the tax records and investment documents serially saved month wise for handy use. So it's made money management easier for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

new product developer
What do you like best?

Yahoo Mail has been the gold standard for digital email services for the past decade. Every new digital mail software that comes out has followed the path Yahoo Mail has paved for it. It was innovative when it first came out and it is still great now. Yahoo Mail is great for quick messaging and communication through long distances and it has been very good to me for the many years I have used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how Yahoo Mail has not changed much over the past few years. Since the start of Yahoo Mail, there has not been that many updates or changes done to improve the overall system. Since then, other softwares like Gmail have taken over and Yahoo has fallen behind. I am very disappointed that Yahoo had not implemented any changes or improvements. Also its compatibility with other mailing softwares is troubling to say the least. There has been countless times when I could not communicate with other people with Yahoo because their emails were with Google and Gmail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yahoo mail definitely is not the best option for a digital mailing software, however, if you already have a Gmail account, I do not see why not to try out Yahoo. There are a lot of accounts and you cannot communicate throughout all of them through a Gmail account Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yahoo Mail has been exceptional. It has shortened the time and distance of communication and also triggered the digital boom we see today. It has brought so many people closer together and I could not imagine a world without it. However, I can feel that Yahoo is dying. It cannot keep up with its competitors and what they are offering. It will be a sad day when Yahoo falls to its various copies and counterparts. Even though it was the first, that doesn't guarantee its place at first. It just cannot keep up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mr
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I still remember when one of my classmate said she is using yahoo. I was amazed with this word as it doesn't matched its function. It was 2002 (or 2003). I created my account on yahoo and got connected to the world for the first time. It was yahoo who made me get rid of physical letters. It was yahoo who made me connected to rest of the institutes within and outside my country. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

With great regrets there are many dislikes about yahoo at this moment. Number one is the recent mail which I got from yahoo stating a breech in there system a few years before. Secondly, yahoo has left its users to the other services like gmail. Yahoo has no other feature to hold its user as that provided by gmail in the form of android and other sort of things and applications. I still use yahoo but I have linked it to gmail because I still love it as is my first website in the world of internet and hope there would be many as like me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is nothing special to be looked for in yahoo mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Honestly speaking, at this moment I am not solving any problem with yahoo except for signing in to different websites and making conversation with people having my yahoo ID. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dozent Lecturer, Technical and Business English
What do you like best?

Yahoo! Mail provides perhaps the best webmail interface out there. I write this because the different categories are laid out on the left side of the screen in a logical fashion, which is about the same as Microsoft Outlook's layout. This means that the most important folders and access to what email users need the most is only one click away, and not hidden in drop down menus, or placed somewhere else that consumes time to find. The system displays emails chronologically, and does not combine them into conversation view like some email services do (this way emails do not get missed)! The interface is simple, yet elegant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Yahoo! Mail is that it is not considered to be a service for young or cool people anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do not care about your email domain, Yahoo! Mail is a solid choice! Or, even if you need a second email address that has a nice webmail interface, it works well. Categories, such as documents and pictures, are readily available on the left side of the interface (makes like easy). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been loyal to Yahoo! Mail for over twenty years. It has never failed me, and the POP3 access allowed me to sync it with over services that came and went throughout the years. It is a good service to use when trying different websites and services that require an email address for confirmation, or to use as a backup email address instead of work email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Manager
What do you like best?

Yahoo! Mail is a very fast safe and secure email for communications sending and receiving emails it works really fast it's highly secure and reliable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing least helpful about Yahoo! Mail it has no downsides it works perfectly fine sends and receives emails faster safer and secure it's highly reliable email for communications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend other people and business owners to use Yahoo! Mail in terms of sending and receiving emails makes communications easier faster safer and secure highly reliable email for communications Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yahoo! Mail impacted my work in a positive way solving my email communications problems helping me sending and receiving emails faster safer and secure way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desarrollador web
What do you like best?

Yahoo mail enables you to coordinate and oversee various records in a single letter drop, something that I like in Yahoo mail is his android application. It's quick, don't consume space on our gadget and it's ideal to utilize any place you are. It's surely extraordinary compared to other free-mail choices you can isolate the email strings from discussion to separate messages. It is very easy to use stage The limit of Yahoo to furnish a speed and productivity concerning the mailings, confirming thoroughly, together with its simple access, makes it completely useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something that bothers me about yahoo is the number of ads that show in your inbox. If I want them to disappear I have to pay, when there are alternatives that I can have my free advertising mail free Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to those who have not used yahoo mail to give it a chance if they do not have much inconvenience with the advertising that appears I assure you that they will enjoy the functions that yahoo offers as email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using yahoo mail as my main email for some years and it has given me the characteristics I was looking for in email, it is easy to use, very intuitive and light personal I am satisfied with the daily use of yahoo mail both in my personal life and in my working life and I am very satisfied with the result Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder of Millennialminimalistt
What do you like best?

It's helpful because it it easy to view your emails via the yahoo mail. I have my yahoo email for over 15 years and I'm still using it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The yahoo app is a bit dysfunctional. Like it kicks you out or tells you have the incorrect password whole time even if you just went through the whole process of changing it. T Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The app is a bit faulty but if you go via the web, it's a great tool to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Yahoo mail is great but they need to fix some issues with the app because at the moment, I'm not evens logged in because it just kicks me out whole time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finance Analyst
What do you like best?

Yahoo is one of the many options we have for your personal or business e-mail. What we like in Yahoo mail is his android app. It's fast, don't occupy space on our device and it's perfect to use wherever you are. It's certainly one of the best free-mail options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the APP have some random crushes and take a while to come back to normal. But even that is something that the support fixed right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yahoo! Mail have a good APP for your device and it's really simple to use. It's a good backup email also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sometimes when we're in the middle of a rush, we always use yahoo mail app. It's simple, easy and never goes to the junk of our clients/suppliers. We use to have problem with that, because depending on the domain of your e-mail, it goes straight to junk, but with yahoo it never happened. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Easy to set up, compose delete and create folders. Free to use and adverts not too annoying Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had been known to crash which is irritating but is fixed quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My first email is a yahoo one so the benefits are huge being able to email instead of phone or write Is great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Yahoo Mail is still used by many customers, but today is less and less powerful. However, it keeps simple the managing of mails and the folder organization. Very good 2-Factor Authentification security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is awkward, the spam detection doesn't always work, sometimes the mail reception is delayed or connection problems occurs. A lot of modernity must be implemented within Yahoo Mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at Outlook or Gmail for Pro before, Yahoo may not be the best solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Essentially receiving mails when I am not in business, as we already have Outlook Web Application (OWA) in-house; the benefits are lower and lower and we may migrate fully to OWA as Yahoo doesn't fill anymore all the criterias. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Assistant
What do you like best?

It is effective in terms of storage, data stored can not be mishandled by hackers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does not function properly in low network areas Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a better platform for mails ,storage of soft copy documents Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Storing of data , sending of mega mails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

First Email service i used was yahoo mail.You can use as for personal or business purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some time file attachment and overall processing is very slow .Otherwise its ok. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Join this amazing free mailing service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

File transfer size increase . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Many people use yahoo mail. Chat availability Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Application needs to be improved and more modern Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Stay competitive Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I like reading the news on yahoo and have access to my mails at the same time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

It was one of the forerunner in the email service segment so I liked the data storage and im Access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Graphics of the email portal declined with time . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend if someone has volume mails to manage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Nothing as of now , I used it to use for Facebook verification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Service and communication time.

Memory and organizing mails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

very less users comparable to gmail. we can use most of the services google provides by using gmail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communicating with colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It notifies me on any updates or notifications. Easy to send emails with attachments. Good security on your account. it manages many of my emails where I needed the most and efficient in all saving data and the quality of the attachments that are sent . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Spam folder are not secured enough to block the emails that has nasty contents. It needed more control on emails which we are already unsubscribes and unknown source that we have received. It has updated in some features that aren't given guidance to use and friendly use for some reasons. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This can be an easily tools for emails and sending attachments to your clients or have personal email notifications. Quality of the pictures and files that were attached in the email to be sent to other people. Gives you specific tools to use for the organizing your emails but sometimes it can be annoying in terms of spam emails that has a lot of sexual or unnecessary emails that receiving in the account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gives notification easily and has a great tools for emails. It can be easily send emails and quality of attachments such as pictures of files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I don't really like yahoo mail that much it's old and outdated and extremely complicated retrieving a new password if you happen to forget your current one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike everything about yahoo mail it's old and outdated. Nothing like any other emails out there Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't there are plenty of other email services out there to use an outdated old email Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm not I stopped using yahoo 4 yrs ago Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Research Assistant
Financial Services
What do you like best?

Yahoo mail allows you to integrate and manage different accounts in one mailbox. I sort my mails using different folders which are easy to access. It offers you various features including calendar, notepad etc. providing you a complete email. Its android app has an easy to use interface as well and lets you access, edit and send email on-the-go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Over all, I am happy with my Yahoo mail account however, the new update frequently asks me to change y account configuration key which I feel annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend using Yahoo mail for personal and professional use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows you to have 1 TB storage space. I have been using Yahoo mail for more than 6 years now and all my email correspondence till date has been saved in my account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and I can see who messages me at anytime Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it doesn't have a better deleting of email process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to communicate with employers and keep track of your communication Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Criminal Investigator
Law Enforcement
What do you like best?

I like being able to access my personal e-mail from anywhere and the mail app works perfectly with my department issued i-phone. It is quick and I have never experienced any security issues when using. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked about it was that at one ponit it changed my mail to anew view but in Yahoo's defense they gave the option to switch back to the classic mail Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can't think of anything to improve the service. It just plain works Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to send and receive normal messaging and files although I do not use it for content that Is job related Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

I like that you are able to separate the email threads from conversation to separate emails. It is a very user friendly platform. You can also have multiple emails logged into and can switch easily enough between them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, the email says it sent, but it did not. Or the email is "sending" for a very long time. It does create some uncertainty if the email actually sent. Also, there are struggles with other email platforms accepting Yahoo emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have work emails forwarding to this email address. It is an easy platform. However, I have noticed that sometimes AOL puts Yahoo emails in spam. Benefits are that it is easy for multiple users and multiple accounts to be linked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Yahoo! Mail?

Yahoo! Mail Categories on G2