PRTG Network Monitor Reviews & Product Details

What is PRTG Network Monitor?

PRTG Network Monitor is a real-time unified infrastructure monitoring solution that enables IT Pros to locate problems throughout thier entire network and resolve them before they escalate and become business critical. PRTG monitors all systems, devices, traffic and applications of your IT infrastructure using these technologies: SNMP: ready to use and custom options WMI and Windows Performance Counters SSH: for Linux/Unix and MacOS systems Flows and Packet Sniffing HTTP requests REST APIs returning XML or JSON Ping, SQL and many more Over 200,000 sysadmins - at organizations from small businesses through the Fortune 100 - have used PRTG Network Monitor to make their networks faster, more responsive, and more reliable.

PRTG Network Monitor Screenshots

PRTG Network Monitor Profile Details

PRTG Network Monitor Profile Details

Provided by:

Provided by:

www.paessler.com
Related Links
Q&A
Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
1997

PRTG Network Monitor Reviews

1-25 of 46 total PRTG reviews
System Administrator
Law Practice

"My favorite software at the office. "

What do you like best?

System Administrators live in a world of fixing broken, intermittent, and/or frequently ambiguous problems. Therefore, when there's a system that works flawlessly without needing repeated maintenance, we take notice.

PRTG is the most reliable and low maintenance software we have in the office, and we love it. We lean on PRTG frequently to help us identify and resolve issues on other systems. PRTG makes it extremely easy to do so, and we are continuously grateful to have a network monitor that never creates additional work for us, and only ever makes our jobs easier =]

Functionality wise: Out of the box, PRTG monitors just about everything. We had this watching critical components of over 50 servers within an hour. For those things that PRTG miraculously does not support out of the box, they have an EXCELLENT API where you can create and integrate your own custom sensors (powershell, bat, or exe) with ease. We've used this to watch storage pool health, virtual disk health, even the number of CDs and DVDs in our disk printing robot.

Not only can you use powershell and such for custom sensors, you can even run these scripts and programs as custom "notifications". You set up a custom notification to run in response to a certain event (remote desktop unresponsive on server X), and when that event occurs, PRTG can run your script (restart server X) automatically. We've used this on our failover node to restart dell sonicwall whenever it feels like not working (which is rather frequent).

In short, not only is PRTG a monitoring tool, you can also use it as a self-repair tool for your networks and systems.

What do you dislike?

If I was to have to name anything I'm not a huge fan of, here's a couple:

- PRTG doesn't use any sort of standard database, to my knowledge. It DOES supply a web API where you can request a lot of data like it, but if you're more of a database guy than web guy, this isn't super ideal.

- PRTG has options to use the built in SMTP client or an SMTP relay. I'm not positive that the built-in client is totally reliable, and it could be challenging to configure relays in a multi-site environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fantastic company, great product. We've had good relations with support, however be aware that with the company based in Germany, support experiences some delay due to translation and time differences.

Network Monitoring (we know when something goes down)

Hardware Baselining (we know when something's not acting normally)

Self Repairing (bonus item, but PRTG can be used to take action in attempt to fix certain problems)

System Administrator

"PRTG: A very easier to monitor networks"

What do you like best?

The best things in PRTG are adding sensors, setting alarms, monitor bandwidth utilization and the most important thing is generating reports. Report is generating correctly (Day/Weekly/Monthly) which I am showing presentation to my Managers which is my favourite and able to win my Managers confidence.

What do you dislike?

As of now, I didn't find any difficulties because my requirement is fulfilled that I have and If I am facing any difficulty then PRTG support team helps me.

The Latest version of PRTG Dashboard visibility is very clear and easy to monitor the sensors UP/Down status.

Lot of features are there to solve with PRTG are to monitor the bandwidth utilization, Network/Server uptime status by using SNMP System Uptime sensor.

I would like to say honestly, This PRTG Network Monitor helps me a lot. I am the only person to handle L1/L2/L3 in my company. I have 16 branches which was not easy to monitor the network. Then I started PRTG free monitoring tools, which was feel very easier to monitor networks. I recommended to my manager that I need license version of PRTG Network Monitor. Now, I am using license version.

"The best product for up and running quickly!"

What do you like best?

As the title states, it's easy to get up and running quickly. I got a good network picture in about 15 minutes, and then started whittling things down. It's lightweight and responsive. Very minor network impact and isn't taxing to the host system. The info can be displayed in various coarse ways, each one dramatically different from the previous one, or you can make your own more subtle changes. The dark skin of the web interface makes a dramatic impression on visitors. Web interface is fast! Automated ticketing system and alerts works great. Once you get it tuned, there's 0 false alarms, and you'll get notifications if the alarm clears before you can remediate.

What do you dislike?

Green color of things in threshold needs to be more... green. Like #7CFC00 green. Right now it's kinda #ADFF2F. Maybe a color picker wheel? PRTG ads on the screen are cheap. Licensing for more sensors seems to ramp up quickly = $$$. But I'm a cheapskate and can run my flat little /24 with 100 sensors and have some to spare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! It's really easy to do. Fairly intuitive interface, and stellar product support. Most of the time I can fix it myself as CS gets back to me in 24 hrs. or less. I have mine set up "just right" and I really don't mess with it anymore, unless we bring something new online, or I need to troubleshoot something with a battery of sensors deployed like Imperial Probe Droids.

The ability to monitor far endpoints and the history of network health, which has allowed me to beat up our ISP for crappy service. Also, I can immediately look at switch flows from a central point, without having to remember an old password on an obscure switch. This lets me focus on another ISP issue or drill down to the closet. We have a very good idea of what our network stressors are, and gives us clear metrics for expansion.

I

"Monitoring with PRTG."

What do you like best?

With Prtg we increase network efficiency by tracking bandwidth and resource consumption, we monitor the behavior and status of network assets, we can instantly detect sudden peaks caused by malicious code, reduce costs by buying hardware and bandwidth according to your requirements, remote management via web browser and / or any Windows client, interruption notification - by e-mail, ICQ, SMS, Comprehensive sensor selection, network usage - SNMP, for each demand.

What do you dislike?

The PRTG so far has met all the requirements we need and also satisfies our customers and users promptly, so we have no objection to this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have powerful software to monitor and classify system conditions such as bandwidth usage or uptime, and collect statistics from multiple hosts such as switches, routers, servers and other devices and applications, generate reports of outages for your customers, agile decision-making,disponha de sensores para cada serviço específico, monitora a largura de banda e a taxa de transferência de dados, assim você descobre os gargalos,dispositivos e aplicativos de sua infraestrutura de TI, etc.

Wet in decision making, since we can dynamically monitor and manage the resources that are being consumed in the network and where we can and need to give timely attention to each monitored service, can integrate with internal systems already deployed and offer a proactive service to open of calling customers who pay for proactive services.

Digital Product Manager
Telecommunications

"Really good and portable network and system monitor"

What do you like best?

The best things I found on PRTG are: the portability and the possibility to monitor almost everything in our systems.

What do you dislike?

Up to now, we have covered every requirement we have. And we don't have any to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can choose PRTG if you are looking for a stable, portable and easy configuration monitor software.

It is really easy to configure, and you can choose between use your own server or work in the cloud.

When you need to monitor your systems (any kind of system), is mandatory to be always aware of the potential errors or problems. That's the only way to react properly. When you use PRTG you can use the APP (iOS and Android compatible). This APP is really effective, and allow you to keep the track of the operation 24/7.

In addition, PRTG use a very generic concept, so you can monitor almost everything. For example, you can build stored procedures and evaluate the behavior of your data. That's really awesome because allows unlimited possibilities.

On the other hand, PRTG is no so expensive, and you can work with the free license, which allows up to 100 sensors.

We can monitor almost everything. We have a very transactional platform, over several countries, and we can monitor every aspect of the operation in each country all the time. The software works with sensors, and these are really generic, what allow to monitor almost every aspect of the operation.

Network Administrator
Higher Education

"Good Network Monitor with a lot of Features"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to add new sensors when you add a new device to the network. My favorite feature is the ability to monitor the traffic patterns of any port. You can also set alarms that if your traffic is unusual it will send an email alerting you.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about the software, it is easy to use for the most part and has a lot of functionality. However, I'm not sure if this is an issue on our end but there are a lot of times that the webpage runs slowly and eventually the server crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am not sure how much it costs for this software as it was already implemented when I started working, but I am sure they will provide a free trial.

We use PRTG to monitor our network of two college campuses. It works wonderfully for this purpose and provides one location to watch both our physical locations.

"Damn Good Monitoring"

What do you like best?

You can monitor ANYTHING. The basic monitoring is easy to setup and get working fast. Once you spend some extra time learning, you begin to see the wide range of possibilities. The support forums are fantastic, I can usually find the answer to a question in a few minutes of searching. Additionally, the licensing is designed for the current world... based on sensors, not monitoring stations.

Maps are a great method for allowing end users\Management to visualize the current situation.

What do you dislike?

If you haven't used a monitoring solution before, there is a bit of a learning curve. (Well worth the effort)

PRTG was a major turning point for moving from a Reactive IT to a Proactive IT. The number of issues our external clients see has dramatically dropped over the past year.

Dell KACE Advisory Board Member
(10,001+ employees)

"PRTG - Fantastic Dashboarding and Monitoring Software on a Budget"

What do you like best?

The extensibility and massive number of systems that PRTG can monitor is fantastic. If it's not natively built in, which I've found few that are not, you can easily import MIBs or write a PowerShell script to pull the data you need.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is out of whack. You buy in increments, not packs, and the licenses are based on nodes. You start with 500 nodes monitored, and can double it to 1000 for a fairly affordable cost. If you need 1001 though, you can't just buy another 10 or even 500, you have to upgrade to the 2500 node license at 3x the cost. No other options. This makes PRTG suitable for small installations, but it doesn't scale with a small budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product for under 1000 items monitored (doesn't take many 48-port switches to get to 1000, so it's really not that much. Over 1000 though, be prepared for sticker shock.

PRTG provides a quick and easy way to get good system monitoring and custom dashboards in place. We've used it to get some great visibility and notification of when systems go down. It's also a cost effective way to implement dashboarding, and doesn't require significant IT resources to implement, manage, or customize.

Ingeniero de Redes

"Experience monitoring networks with PRTG"

What do you like best?

With PRTG I have my network infrastructure monitored, I have my router and switch equipment from the cisco manufacturer on the probe. With PRTG I apply sensors to monitor the performance of the CPUs, memory, processor and temperature of my equipment.

This tool is important to be aware of the health of the equipment and preventive equipment maintenance.

What do you dislike?

What I do not support from the PRTG is the installation of the sensors for each service I want to monitor, unlike other monitoring tools that install all the sensors in the equipment. That option discards some services that should monitor and forget the sensor is not installed, that service without monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Implement all the sensors in the equipment to be monitored. So all the services of the routers and switches are monitored.

Thanks to the PRTG, I have my infrastructure monitored, I can know the health of my equipment. I can visualize that router is running out of memory I can act before the computer fills all the memory and can not remotely manage it or stop providing service leaving the company where I work incommunicado. That would represent a loss of money from the company.

Response from of PRTG

Thank you for your review Miguel and for your suggestions regarding sensor deployments! The presales team is available to help customers with best practices and configuration of PRTG. Just contact presales@paessler.com

Cheers,

Information Systems Manager
Restaurants

"Easy To Manage and Implement"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to both setup and manage. You can start from a first time setup, and then scanning and importing your environment with default recommended sensors in under an hour, which would provide you with a very good starting point to begin further refinement.

The product is very reliable, and can be setup in an active/passive high availability mode that is included with the base license. Once HA is in place application upgrades are a simple click and the application takes care of the fail-over/take-over process.

The base product covers all of our monitoring needs. From network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, loadbalancers) server infrastructure, and external websites and services the out of the box product should cover the majority of environments. For more advanced needs scripting (Powershell, Batch) can be used to query and output information that can be ingested by PRTG for display.

Remote probes can be used to gather monitoring information from systems and sites that are outside of your network and do not require typical persistent (VPN or other L2/L3 technologies) to monitor remote systems.

Once the product is tuned to your environment knowing when a system or resource is about to have issue and receiving an alert that you can choose to take action on via an action (built into the product) or some human intervention will assist in making your IT group more proactive.

What do you dislike?

The web interface can get slow depending on how many and what kind of sensors your are hosting on the root system. Definitely break your sensors out over multiple remote probes to allow the root to store and display your data.

System and Service Monitoring - Knowing how are systems are performing and receiving alerts when they are above or below determine thresholds.

Baselining - Knowing how systems are utilized and when over a long time-frame has assisted with budgeting for future technology equipment and services.

Response from of PRTG

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your review of PRTG!

Cheers,

Analista de Operações de Redes

"Functionalities and diversification of services"

What do you like best?

We use PRTG as a monitoring tool, to observe consumption and latency of our configured links in our edge router, and also use it as internal monitoring and support in the development of graphs and reports.

What do you dislike?

It meets all the requested requirements regarding interface monitoring, map creations and reports, however when arriving at a certain amount of sensors, we can not add more sensors, thus forcing the purchase to continue the cadatros and monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Of great value for the use and monitoring of external and internal link, being able besides this monitoring, to be able to create maps and also to generate reports of consumption of the network.

Monitoring our dedicated ip link provided by our internet operators, our customers and our internal network, also creating traffic maps of our backbone and generating consumption reports.

I.T. Administrator

"Your network - at a glance"

What do you like best?

Netflow and ping sensors are used daily. We monitor the up time of our local servers and at remote locations. A simple look at the screen will tell me if I have a problem. Netflow reports help me track down who's using excessive bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

The client and server update so often. It seems like it's daily, although it probably isn't. A necessary evil, I'm sure. I'd rather have a minor inconvenience than a software package with security holes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has an automated setup which is great. But if you're using the free version with limited probes, you'll run out quickly. Let it run auto setup, then remove the extraneous probes you don't need/want.

Bandwidth usage tracking. Server uptime status. Networking utilization across our WAN

Network Manager
Internet

"Maps are great, monitoring is jut ok."

What do you like best?

If you can get past the high price you have to pay for the privilege to use PRTG, then you can create some wonderful dashboards (which PRTG calls maps) to put up in your NOC. Compared to other programs that do the same type of monitoring, it leaves much to be desired. But, PRTG does have one of the best customizable dashboard systems that I have seen, there are some limiting types of monitoring, but you can't have it all.

What do you dislike?

The price. Your organization needs some deep pockets to maintain ongoing support. To get any sort of meaningful information PRTG falls into the trap of a lot of other systems, you have to spend hundreds of man hours customizing the system to your own needs.

It is a monitoring tool that we use to monitor servers, network equipment, and other SNMP enabled devices.

(10,001+ employees)

"Helpful, Useful And Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

It´s an excellent tool, allows to monitor the data network in my company, get reports, access from anywhere with an intuitive and pleasant interface.

What do you dislike?

PRTG manages its own database on the grounds that it is faster and represents less of a burden on the system running the data collector. Although the information is always available for export to various formats, it does not compare to the simple creation of a user with read-only rights in a database.

In addition, they have a strong dependence on the Microsoft software house as it only works under the operating system "Microsoft Windows".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The PRTG Network Monitor has already a large set of sensors, so you wont need to write any line of code.

TWith this tool we can see the state of the data network so accurately that it has been able to detect faults that without using PRTG could have lasted hours. It provides us with detailed monitoring data and historical reports for all network components, which we use to calculate growth.

"PRTG - Customizeable Monitoring Solution"

What do you like best?

PRTG is a very dynamic network monitoring solution that allows the administrator to deeply monitor every device on their network. Anything from disk space, to memory, to logs. PRTG allows the administrator to pick and choose what they want to monitor based on their needs, and set it up to send out email/text alerts to their sys admins in order to prevent downtime in their environments.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of PRTG is pretty fantastic. I honestly don't have too many complaints. I suppose the only suggestions that I would make would be to clean up the GUI a little bit, as some views are 'linear', and can blend together. Making a slightly more friendly user interface would really be the only improvement I can see (Atleast for my needs).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product is a robust and customizeable tool for network monitoring, and can be configured for just about any environment and solution.

We use this solution as a network monitor to monitor all of our servers. We maintain a large environment that serves thousands of clients, so maintaining uptime is key. This product allows us to keep an eye on all of our servers, and prevent downtime by being alerted to any potential issues.

Service Desk Manager

"Good balance between UI and functionality."

What do you like best?

Clean, sleek interface

Easy to understand from a user perspective

Good permission functionality, able to provide 'ringed-fence' logins for external users

Tree interface allows settings and permissions to inherit their way down the tree

Flexible notification/threshold functionality

Lots of monitoring options to deploy

Very easy to update, deploy new probes, move and clone sensors

Has a 'Library' function that allows you to restructure existing sensors without duplicating them

What do you dislike?

PRTG does not protect itself from its own configuration. If you are creating ping sensors that attempt to ping too often that it can collect the results, it can have repercussions, such as grinding the entire system to a halt. PRTG also has a matrix about how many of certain types of sensors you can create on a probe - however the system doesn't have any kind of tracking for it, so the only real way of telling that the probe is overloaded is that it starts slowing down - and this impacts the data collection. The higher importance of your PRTG installation, you will have to have a keen eyed administrator.

Although PRTG is capable of scaling upwards, once you start to manage thousands of sensors, you need to start rigorously planning your probe deployment. The probe limitations may prevent you from logically grouping your sensor groups at a top level. And you won't notice performance problems until your data collection is already being impacted.

Our internal users use AD authentication. PRTG has a control that if there are too many failed logins in quick succession, then it delays all logins to protect itself from brute forcing. Unfortunately this does more harm than good when someone's password expires and PRTG is still running on a device somewhere (this happens quite often).

You can set a desired availability percentage in your settings, which applies to reports. Unfortunately, it's one setting for your entire environments - we want to monitor different availability levels for different services that we monitor!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

PRTG is great for pretty much any monitoring scenario for any ICT shop. After exploring the market after installing PRTG, we ended up right back with them.

We use PRTG to monitor major backhaul telecommunication links, over 10,000 devices deployed in over 30 points of presence, and a multi-tenanted virtual environment. PRTG provides us event monitoring, alerting to responsible staff and end users, capacity management and uptime reporting. It is a critical piece of infrastructure that allows us to produce metrics for our OLA's and SLA's.

"PRTG - Excellent Network Monitoring with a generous full featured free version"

What do you like best?

Free version allows you 100 sensors, with all features enabled.

Server hardware health and alerting via iLO/DRAC

VMWare host health checks and alerting

VMWare guest health and alerting (including storage latency and CPU)

Mobile app provides charts and status from anywhere

Down sensors can be "acknowledged" which lets other techs know the issue is being handled.

Predictive metrics determine "this sensor is unusually low for this day of the week" feature has actually turned up several backup failures and switching issues I'd missed because they were working nominally.

Round trip email (SMTP send through gmail -> deliver to another server -> POP3 receive) is a lifesaver to tell me Exchange is TRULY working.

Reports allow for billing of colocated services

What do you dislike?

Takes time to make the system really smart:

- you only get alerts if there's a real outage (sounds like a feature not a bug)

- Sensors don't have pre-set thresholds set to warn you of unusual levels. So you have to say "I want to know about storage latency above 50 ms" and things like that which are not outages but still require attention

Maps and graphical environment has to be made by hand. It's actually not bad, just takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the 100 sensor version first, then point it to your most critical systems.

Learn how to use the MIB builder application and generate the MIBS for your particular hardware.

You will be amazed how well this works.

Network connection down monitoring - I can sleep at night

VMWare host health monitoring - I can sleep at night

VMWare guest monitoring - I can sleep at night

"The best solution for monitoring your network"

What do you like best?

With this software I can monitor different kind of devices: Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, switches, firewall, UPS, SMS gateway, printers, VMware infrastructures, ecc... it is very stable and it allows to have remote probe for monitoring devices on a remote network without using a VPN.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you can install it only on Windows server.

I can receive in real time notifications about problems on my devices. You can use a mobile APP, integrate the server with a custom SMS gateway and receive allarms also when the e-mail server is down. It is very flexible.

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

he software is very easy to use and stable. It does everything I'd like it to do and more

What do you dislike?

There are ads in the newer versions which I'm not really a fan of, but it doesn't interfere with using the software

Server, network and application monitoring. We are notified of issues early and can respond quickly.

"Easy to use, cost effective, and versatility make PRTG the clear choice for our IT monitoring needs"

What do you like best?

PRTG allows our entire team to monitor our mission critical network with ease, regardless of where we physically are located.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything we dislike about PRTG.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're in the market for a network monitoring tool that will allow you to proactively monitor all of your network devices across a geographically dispersed environment with limited staff and time to learn new skills then check out PRTG.

PRTG is the most cost effective method for monitoring our mission critical databases and network. Major benefits are mobility, value, and flexibility from an implementation perspective.

Associate Network Administrator

"Great monitor for the price"

What do you like best?

Setting up sensors to monitor is incredibly easy. It has great alert and reporting features. It is also easy to implement the monitoring into a webpage for displaying other important information. It is easy to set up, and is very well priced.

What do you dislike?

If you have large amount of sensors, it can be a pain to navigate the pages without just searching for them. It also can be a bit of a pain to pickup setting everything up when first starting out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great monitor for the price. It can monitor almost anything on your network.

Network monitoring (routers/switches), server monitoring (free space, CPU load, ect). It also allows for the use of scripts to monitor, so you can monitor the current amount of calls being placed with Skype for Business.

"PRTG Software"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of monitoring equipment. We are able to group equipment by location and device type. We are also able to give access to certain devices to the local IT departments for their monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Currently being ran from one location to monitor all locations gloablly. Sometimes there are false reports that equipment is down if there is high bandwidth usage over the MPLS but not at the locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that if you are monitoring multiple locations that you have sufficient bandwidth so that you do not get false reports that locations or equipment is down.

Checking the uptime of devices such as routers, firewalls, access points, switches, and servers. To help in the troubleshooting of problems if they are netowrk related or machine related.

"Excellent System Monitoring Tool"

What do you like best?

PRTG makes monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting a snap. When we get complaints of system performance or system unavailable we typically already have notification from PRTG and have started investigating. We no longer have to rely on users to report issues to us. There is an amazing number of sensor types and the development team seems to add new ones on every update. They have added sensors I didn't even know i wanted until they added them.

They also give you the ability to customize each sensor to meet your exact needs, want to monitor a website to be sure it is responding? No problem! Want to take it a step further and make sure the content on the page is correct? It can do that too. Does the site require authentication? You can add that to the sensor as well.

Alerting can do much more than just notifications as well. They give you the ability to execute programs or scripts when an event gets triggered. Do you have a hosted application that occasionally crashes and the service needs to be restarted? Just write a just alert that executes a script to restart the service, no more logging in at 2am just to get the service running again.

Historical reporting is crucial in troubleshooting issues as well. Being able to go back and look at a system's performance overtime has given us the ability to resolve issue and track down resolutions in a fraction of the time it used to take us.

What do you dislike?

One of my only complaints with PRTG is the way they count sensors. Unless you go with the full enterprise licensing you will pay for X number of sensors and sometimes you just don't want to waste one on something but you really want the data from it. SNMP switch monitoring eats up a good number of our sensors because each port requires 1 sensor. We really don't want to waste 96 of our 500 sensors monitoring the user switch stack, but the day we need to know where a ton of traffic is coming from makes it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time playing with each sensor type. Don't be afraid to experiment with them. It is amazing what you can do with some of the sensors.

We are able to resolve issues before the users even know there is a problem. Most of the time we get calls from users reporting the issue after it is already resolved or just as we are implementing the fix.

"Makes you look much smarter then you are"

What do you like best?

It has absolutely every sensor you could think of, let's you add your own if need be, and the dashboard map looks absolutely great on our large TV in the office. Our users think we're IT gods when they come in to the office and see our PRTG monitor.

What do you dislike?

Creating the maps is a bit clunky but you get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seems like it might work best in a Microsoft environment. Unsure how well it would work in a *nix environment.

The main one would be responsiveness to issues. We immediately see when network links to other buildings are down, services on servers have stopped, pings are high, etc and can deal with issues before users are calling us.

Network Services Manager
Construction

"Great Product at a great price"

What do you like best?

Product is licensed at a great price point and is easy to use. Setup is simple and product is ready to use quickly.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more software probes. A deeper inspection of software would be the best

Network infrastructure monitoring. Being able to minimize down time for our users is key.

PRTG Network Monitor Pricing