Podio Reviews & Product Details

What is Podio?

Podio lets you get work done with your co-workers and clients on a social work platform that you make your own.

Podio Screenshots

Related Links
Q&A
Citrix
Description
Sharing insights in cloud, mobile, virtualization, collaboration & networking.
1989

Podio Reviews

1-25 of 270 total Podio reviews

Podio Reviews

1-25 of 270 total Podio reviews
CIO (Chief Idea/Implentation Officer)
Internet
Most Recent Podio Video Review
Senior Software Developer

"Great Management Tool for industry"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this tool is that it is not only limited to IT sector, but this tool can be used for any industry. This got a lot of applications. The user can decide about the project and the project team moreover assign responsibilities to other members. This can be integrated with any applications. the database contain more than 1000 applications according to the requirements and theme, user need to select the best one suits to that environment. This is latest platform based on latest idea of managing every thing under a platform just like a portable office. Easy to use and handle.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard view need some of the changes like it should be more attractive to use. the concept of automatic learning is missing. platform must need to impart some intelegence, like fetching and storing data, allocation best job to best one by suggestion to admin. As in company size more than 1000 it must need this feature based on profile of user .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for the management solution in your industry or company , then must try this platform. Almost helpful in managing every task and best events. Moreover integration with application ease you work. so try it.

podio solves many problems for us:

first is task management solved.

software development solved.

Task reminder

best task allocation.

status recall and check the direction and progress of work.

all these problems are solved by PODIO.

"An efficient management of my projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

I love Podium for many reasons, this application has a nice interface. The self-completion of elements and the use of new Web technologies provide a better user experience.

It's easy to use.

It has a wide variety of applications, which I can add to my needs. There is a wide variety that cover the needs of the Educational, HR, CRM, Marketing, and Finance areas. What makes any project not depending on the area can be managed and with Podio applications to support specific functions.

Easy to share information, data, images, etc.

Linking with email works well. If you want to be aware and notified of when things are happening.

And something I like very much is that it shows clearly how is my state of tasks, if I am late, the new obligations that are approaching.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the way it deals with tasks. For example, if I create a task involving two people, the platform duplicates the task, and creates one for each person. This makes tracking difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Podio because it is a tool for managing tasks and projects that has the advantage of having a very intuitive interface, so it is very easy to manage. It will allow you to manage both your list of professional and personal tasks in the same application, and can be integrated with other tools such as Google Drive, Dropbox or Evernote.

Podio is an online platform to develop collaborative applications and has been a great benefit for my office. I can say that I have an efficient management of tasks and projects of my team thanks to this online tool. It's excellent, I always use it.

OIL PRODUCTION COMPANY.

"Discover the innovations that podium offers. "

What do you like best?

I really like this web application because it is focused on the management of tasks from a social point of view, allowing me to organize my work tasks, besides adding reminders to receive notifications when you have a pending work or simply configure a recurring task for my routine tasks depending on agendas in movements where I can access my tasks when I need them. Moreover I can create open or private workspaces or employees and create new tasks by attaching files from my phone in seconds, thus carrying a personal calendar of my work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that your navigation system can become a confusing and you can only use mediating payment services. What does not allow it to be an act for all public.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend it for its extensive benefits that facilitate an order or control in our daily tasks as workers, since it works as a support tool in infinite work spaces, which can be installed by a large number of different applications available in your market app as incident managers, manage projects, contacts, sales, customers, meetings, among other functions. It also provides us with a visual editor by which we can customize our applications

It has a positive influence on my field of work since through this application I can keep an organized control of my pending tasks or steps to follow in my role as a professional. Being podium a tool to manage my projects and even create my own custom applications, besides reminding me through notifications when I have to do some pending or I can simply configure my routine tasks, on the other hand I can carry out meetings and online communications.

Endert Oviedo

"Very practical tool"

What do you like best?

It is a very friendly tool that has helped to organize our projects. The equipment has been integrated very fast by means of this tool. It has been valuable how fast and easy it can be to upload information to the tool, I really do not have to download it in the machine but I can use it through the web since I save space on my laptop. Adding that you have the free option and it is very wide, very profitable ..

What do you dislike?

When I think about the contras, it's really hard for me to say one since it has only helped me a lot in my daily work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to organize your projects and integrate your team is one of the best options..

It is a very broad and versatile tool, it has helped us to organize from the move of the office to the biggest projects we have..

VENDEDORA

"Ideal application to manage your projects online"

What do you like best?

I really like this application because it helps me manage my sales, and manage my clients. Podio is ideal to manage your daily tasks, I really like this application because it has helped a lot in my daily life to organize my daily tasks, it serves as a reminder so that no event happens to me. It is ideal to work online with my colleagues, organize events and get good results with corporate work. And the most important thing is a free application, which generates no cost to use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like this application, so far everything I've known about the application I like is a very useful application in my day to day in the personal and work environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because it is an ideal application to manage all kinds of projects that you propose in your life. And the most important thing is that it can be managed in work teams. You can upload projects of any kind, also upload any type of files to podium, such as images, videos and documents in their different formats. It is very easy to use you do not need to have great knowledge in technology to use this application.

It has helped me a lot in my company since I dedicate myself to the sale of products and podium allows me to organize the existing products in the warehouse, the daily sales made, and my clients. When I have a problem I can ask for help from the other members of the project. I can use it on the computer and on my cell phone.

Digital Marketing Manager

"My preferred platform for managing tasks and collaboraing with people"

What do you like best?

Our Podio accounts can be customized with great precision. We can add own tasks, categories, status labels and whatever other items are relevant to particular projects, events or files we're working on. The user interface spaces text items out in a way that makes things easy to understand and navigate. The fee for Podio is reasonable and the customer service there is almost always nice and helpful.

What do you dislike?

t can be very complicated figuring out how to configure projects. This isn't really the type of platform where you go in and everything is obvious. Though we did get nice flow going once we got projects added and set up, it wasn't a straightforward process. Even people with above average technical ability had to take significant time to learn what different sections and items do and how to make them work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Podio is probably best suited for those that want highly customized workflows and specific project labels and conditions. Podio is the most graphically appealing platform, but it can be very detailed and effective for those that are comfortable using it.

Podio has been fantastic for setting tasks, assignments, priorities and deadlines. There are many streamlined features like notifications, notes and chat messages that allow us to always be connected. Even if someone isn't on the platform at any given moment, they can easily get back up to speed after logging in and checking the status of each item.

Event Manager and Administrative Assistant

"Highly efficient and customizable Customer Relationship Management and Project Management tool"

What do you like best?

This is an high performance tool which really helps to manage project and customers. It is customizable in order to suite different needs and requests. Customers, teams and stakeholders can be assigned to different projects, or be related to QA requests, issues, etc.I like very much the time and expenses tracking and tool: we use Podio with a time tracking tool that allows us to monitor how much time the team spend on a project, and how much does that costs. Podio also gives you the possibility to add files (you can use it as a storage or backup space for your project files) and connect steps of the project through different workplaces. We use Podio as a CRM and PM tool, keeping track of offers, approvals, issues, feedback from clients and stakeholders, status, teams: pretty much everything from initial proposal to project completion.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say that there's something I dislike. It's a great tool! The only thing I would suggest would be integrate this tool with others like Google Docs or the most common ones, so that you can not only upload docs and files from your pc, but also share them directly from other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Once you start using it, I highly recommend to track everything with Podio. In this way you will have a powerful backup and track of all your activity. Use it also to communicate with the teams.

Keeping track of customers and make projects done. With Podio you can have everything related to your project stored in one cloud, easy accessible. Also, each user has access only to specific workspace areas, which is great to assign teams only to specific areas.

Principal
Accounting

"So much potential and flexible, but complex interface rarely updated"

What do you like best?

I've been using Podio six months to manage accounting clients and various projects. Podio by itself is reasonably priced. It is highly customisable and that is it's greatest feature (and drawback). It's more than a task list... you can really create any online database you want.

What sold me originally was it had relationship fields, so records can be associated to each other like a primary key. The other point was it had recurring tasks built-in. This is a rare feature for online database products (as a native feature).

It does integrate well with it's own family of products under the Citrix label.

What do you dislike?

Podio's greatest weakness is the flexibility. Very few add-on features are built-in. Yes, there are multiple third parties that offer add-ons, when they work.

I will challenge you to think of this... how will you use the data that you store in Podio? Podio struggles to even provide a "print" feature built-in. The native reports are just widgets, and not pretty ones. They're not designed to print or even share. There's no good backup feature to get data out, other than exporting each view (though there are integrations). I'm just saying it is super-frustrating to actually put the data to use without a decent level of programming knowledge, time, and research into add-on integrations that may not even be in a language you can translate.

I would also challenge Podio to communicate with it's customers. There's no product roadmap, blog is outdated, and really just no communication whatsoever to know what frustrations might later be overcome. I bought a Citrix package at $200/month and then haven't heard a word, other than a couple of survival fixes.

Last, it is not intuitive for team use unless your techie level is at a 7 or 8 our of 10. I failed miserably with two staff members, before I realized I was pushing a difficult interface that frustrated them rather than excited them. There's quirky things, like clicking outside of a certain area on the screen when entering a record -- it saves the record and closes it -- that created tons of errors with my staff. Why not have a "Save and Close" button, rather than a random mouse click perform that function? After that, I would have to go back and dig to see which record they edited and fix it.

There are other random things, like if you use a related field, you can't see it in a table format. Meaning, if Adam Smith has a rental house at 123 Happy Lane, you can't show both of those things a table (at least not easily).

Hope this helps, but I would test it and seriously consider what walls you will hit when it's put to full use. Unfortunately it's caused me to move to a different product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please consider what it might no have that you expect to need. If it doesn't have it, you will dearly for the core product plus all the third-party add-ons you'll need just for basic use like displaying the data.

See above sections.

Project Manager

"Project Management at breeze with Podio"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Podio is the ability to organize and manage tasks and projects effectively.

Again this software automates and streamlines workflows faster to yield high productivity.

I like the ability to create and assign tasks and projects to my team members.

It's easy to track time on tasks and projects.

It's also easy to track the performance of projects progress and generate timely reports.

What do you dislike?

For the years I have been using this software I haven't found anything to dislike because am delighted with it's performance and reliability thus I like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I strongly recommend the use of Podio without hesitation for effective projects management.

Task and project management at breeze with Podio.

Great with projects budgeting.

Boosts outputs and productivity.

Executive Administrator
Real Estate

"Real Estate CRM - Great for customizing work flow, but extremely labor intensive"

What do you like best?

1) Podio offers customization to create work flows, items, and projects to fit YOUR team's needs. Our real estate team houses our METS, FARM, and Past Clients databases in addition to our incoming requests, buyer leads, seller leads, contingent deals, and listings.

2) The design of adding progress buttons is a fun way to manage projects and ensure everyone is on track. 3) Podio connects well to Zapier for capturing FB leads for lead generation.

What do you dislike?

1) Since Podio is SO customizable, it requires a lot of manual labor. Only one teammate is trained to edit workflows and items, which has become burdensome and time consuming. When a work flow breaks, it stalls activities until it is fixed.

2) I would not recommend utilizing Podio's tasks since they cannot be separated into different lists like Basecamp or Trello.

3) I wish Podio automatically showcased data in graphs and metrics on the front page, had a dialer, logged text and phone call correspondence, found our clients on social media, and had marketing package options.

We are using Podio to solve our need for a CRM, contract coordination, and staying in constant contact with our clients.

Business Development Associate

"The best Project Management and Collaboration Software"

What do you like best?

For me Podio is the best app I have ever used in regards to project management, it allows you to create new tasks among your team, to track progress, to interact within the task.

Also, you can create/install apps inside workplaces.

You can manage, as an admin, all access to workplaces and apps, depending on the type of users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI makes the app a little bit slow, chat fails sometimes, and you need to refresh the page in order to load new messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This app has everything that you are looking for in a project management tool.

Interaction and control of tasks assigned to others, you can create a pipeline, and see how the task is being completed.

When creating or installing new apps, it allows you to customize based on your own needs.

MARKETING MANAGER

"Podio: Great tool for Organization"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use. It's a great database and keeps our projects organized. We use it across the enterprise and make the workflow much more efficient. In-app email is essential and makes the platform much more accessible. All applications are customized and can be changed to suit your business needs.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be improved. The print format of reports can be better designed and the calendar function is poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great for any team that has problems with project management. It was a very good choice we made. Mobile access works well and makes it easy to find the information you need in real time. We never had any problems, always met our needs.

With Podio we were able to organize our events better and we were able to better follow all the projects. As it allows real-time sharing of information, this was one of the benefits we found and therefore recommend.

Printing

"A good program for the work of our team"

What do you like best?

The program allows you to ensure the transparency of work processes and improve the communication with staff. With the help of the administration function, you can quickly make the necessary changes. The program is reliable and safe for your business. You can also use Podio in the mobile version, which allows you to be always up to date with all the events.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand of some functions of Podio. Saving documents to the database is slow, and if there are many, the copying may take several minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Choose the right price category for your business, see what features you will have when you purchase a paid subscription. The first setup of the service requires a lot of time and knowledge, but then the whole process is easy and simple.

The program is useful for our business and helps us to go to our goal. Podio is easy to store all the necessary documents for work, which also simplifies the workflow.

Network Assistant

"Very Nice Project Management"

What do you like best?

I like the customizability and usefulness of this platform.It helps to keep track of current information, copying emails directly to Podio, tagging team members, and organizing the project with information that is useful in my business. The app-based system allows anyone to use in different ways depending on the different process flows. I like the task functionality and integration with other apps. We use another party to add backend automation which has been helpful for tagging and tracking leads.

What do you dislike?

Check the pricing model, but even that was terrific for registered charities. Another drawback is that you cannot select several items in tabular form without an extension, and unfortunately this process requires you to enter each item, which is a great pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am pleased with my experience and love how easy it is to manage my work. A good starting point for any business. It is best if your company uses budget but wants to have rich, easy-to-use software with many features.

It provides power to all of our business and offered the ability to create any application, workflow or logic to process information such as customers, vendors. It provided a significant reduction in internal mail communications. He liquidated all kinds of extra software tools. All collected in a single powerful search, available in a few clicks.

Assistant Director of Publications
Higher Education

"Podio for basic project management needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of customization for data fields. Building spec needs out is very intuitive, and I like being able to include a photo of each project as a quick visual guide. I also appreciate the ease of searching for past projects.

What do you dislike?

My uses for Podio are very basic, and so far, they have met all my needs and expectations, therefore I haven't disliked anything with the product so far. I dislike that the max file upload size is limited to 100MB (which is very large, but unfortunately, often times my files are larger than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Podio is great for managing projects. We did not use a lot of the collaboration features of the software, but I know there is so much that the product offers that we haven't tapped into. One of the best features of Podio compared to many other project management options is that they offer unlimited storage space.

The ability to manage the intake of projects, and the ability to search for past projects and their specs is fantastic. We were working with a paper trail before using Podio, and being able to record the information digitally has made the workflow much more efficient.

Sales Marketing Manager
Internet
(10,001+ employees)

"Pretty simple solution"

What do you like best?

Podio really allows me to manage access to our company workspaces with the ability to make fast regulation. I have the opportunity to invite our clients, freelancers and another external workflow member. I can add attachments and leave a comment there and see all history of another user actions. At last, I can easily understand all working process.

What do you dislike?

The price is up, I guess it is will be better to work with less pay. But everything is good working and I will stay far away from the complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The platform has all useful tools which we need at work. It is a nice software which will always make your working duties right. Very happy that we all have the ability to work with higher quality and have great sharing system, ability to control our tasks and much more. I recommend it to you.

We are sure that all our projects under control. We have the ability to choose simple tables or dynamic documents and then build reports, with which we will always be informed of the current conditioned of projects

Software Engineer

"Really flexible tool to manage a lot of business topics"

What do you like best?

The best about Podio is its flexibility and ease of use, you can start experimenting a lot of ideas with almost no technical knowledge. The data structure is really well developed and there are a lot of examples available that solves common business problems

What do you dislike?

Some features are not really well developed, for example the fields with calculations capabilities are very buggy, also the dates feature is good but not really useful as is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free version has the most important features to start getting most of the app, after you have tried for a while you can consider the premium features which enable really complex workflows

We use Podio to track our sales efforts, from a first approach to our clients to after sales process, we save all the info about our clients and deals. We also use Podio to organize our support processes for our clients, managing due dates, tasks and terms of service.

Co-Founder
Management Consulting

"Incredibly adaptable all-in-one solution for growing companies"

What do you like best?

* Nothing compares to Podio in terms of flexibility, workflows and integrations.

* Podio a solution that works across all sectors and all sizes of company.

* It can be used across all company departments including HR, logistics, marketing & PR, and finance

What do you dislike?

* The interface is ugly!

* There is no simple payment integration.

* Editing data from the table view would be helpful (it's currently only achievable with a plugin such as Super Menu)

* The activity feed takes up a lot of space and cannot be moved.

* Speaker onboarding and management process for a conference enabling the organization to move away from spreadsheets and grow exponentially.

* Increase capacity and revenue of an Amazon seller by streamlining and automating the product ordering process thereby eliminating product outages.

* Sales funnel for a real estate company including workflows to ensure clients are responded to in a timely manner and follow-ups are completed to minimize lost sales.

* Intranet for a national non-profit with workspaces for fundraising, communication, HR, event management, volunteer management, logistics, marketing & PR, and finance

CRM Manager
Gambling & Casinos

"A good program for robots."

What do you like best?

Podio actually gives me the opportunity to manage access to our company's workstations with the ability to quickly adjust. It is very good to use this software in work. Constantly can help increase the productive process in work. Also Podio can be used in mobile version, which is very easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

For beginners, it may seem very difficult to use. Sometimes it's hard to understand some of Podio's features. Saving documents in the database is slow, and if there are a lot of them, copying can take several minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software enables you to use the tools you need. All you need for work you will find in Podio. This platform is actually useful. Has the optimum connection quality. Also easy to use

With this platform, we can make our plan more organized. We perfectly control our trading team and improve the way we work together with the purpose of our business. Podio just save all the necessary documents for work, which also simplifies the workflow.

Management Consulting

"The easiest way to control all your performance."

What do you like best?

I have the ability to control all connected accessories in one place immediately makes easily work on any task.Much better and easy to make an agreement with potential customers about our deal. I like that adding tools will update in real time.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have anything bad with this software. Will be better to pay less. But with this ability, I can have everything that I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software allows you to use working tools which you will need. The product will give you the higher quality of performance. As for me, the platform has a great management system.

With this platform, we can do our project more organized. We have great control of our sales team and better the way of operating together for our business. The software always helps us easily manage the current tasks and develop.

Personal docente

"Manage all your daily activities with Podium. "

What do you like best?

I really like the Podio application, since it allows me to work as a team, organizing my work, allowing me to share it with my colleagues, it is ideal to manage my daily tasks, I can adapt the application to my needs, I can upload in the whole application the information you want.

What do you dislike?

I think it is an application that is not aimed at all users, but to a specific audience. It has multiple applications, that's why it's a complex program, but there are always things that can be improved, to me in particular, I like it a lot, because I can relate to my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend them to all my students, who wish to work with projects, and have everything they need to organize their projects in one place. Podio is a platform that allows the creation of any of the applications. In this way a small company can assemble their entire information system without leaving the same portal

In the company where I work, we can integrate as a team, and teach our students how to manage their projects effectively, with the best results, fulfill the work or product in charge and manage the income obtained. What benefits it has generated: it allows me to see the development of the work carried out by my colleagues. It allows me to work with several applications at the same time.

Emprendedor independiente
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Title: The basis of other applications. "

What do you like best?

What I like the most about this application: Podio is a web application focused on the management of tasks in a social way for individuals, for companies and institutions, offers several ways to make emails social, organized and are part of your workflows. Apart from being able to manage our projects and tasks and different activities scheduled for each day.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this application:

Although the proposal is very attractive, at first it is usually very complicated to use, and over time you realize that you can use it, and the benefits it generates for each user, perhaps because of the challenge that represents its development, the final result is Improvable, I like it a lot, because I can relate to my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because I would recommend this program: I would recommend it because it facilitates a lot the work in equipoodio is a platform that allows the creation of any of the applications. In this way a small company can assemble all their information system without leaving the same portal.

How the application has solved problems, in our company: podium in the company where I work has benefited us because it helps us a lot in teamwork, companies look for solutions in the cloud to solve their old problems: obtain clients, fulfill work or product in charge and manage the income obtained. What benefits it has generated: work as you want, help you perform group tasks, share them with other users, allow us to work in the way we want and more effectively, managing projects and interacting with clients.

Servicio de atención al cliente
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Title: multiple applications in one place. "

What do you like best?

What I like most about this application: Podio is a web application focused on managing tasks in a social way, it offers several ways to make emails social, organized and part of your workflows. Apart from being able to manage our projects and tasks, we can add the workspaces and the applications that we have installed in Podio.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this application:

Although the proposal is very attractive, perhaps because of the challenge of its development, the final result can be improved. has multiple applications, therefore it is a complex program, but there are always things that can be improved, to me in particular, I like it a lot, because I can relate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Because I would recommend this program:

Podio is a platform that allows the creation of any of the applications. In this way a small company can assemble all their information system without leaving the same portal.

As the application has solved problems, in our company: companies look for solutions in the cloud to solve their old problems: obtain clients, fulfill the work or product in charge and manage the obtained income. What benefits it has generated: PODIO, work as you want: it allows us to work in the way we want and in a more effective way, managing projects and interacting with clients.

Telemarketing Manager

"GREAT TOOL for TEAMS"

What do you like best?

Empezamos a usar este CRM para un cliente que esta armando e incrementando su equipo y quería que todo mundo estuviera conectado y en el mismo canal sobre sus bases de datos d clientes y nos ha funcionado muy bien ya que te da muchas opciones de conectividad en el equipo.

What do you dislike?

Al principio fue un poco complicado conocer el funcionamiento porque hay que apegarse a tu espacio de trabajo pero nada tan complicado que no se pueda resolver preguntado.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es muy bueno para fomentar la integración de equipos, facil de usa y como también. Tiene un diseño muy limpio y no te satura de información innecesaria

Conectividad! Lo usamos para trabajar de manera remota con una base de datos en constante cambio e incremento. Las funciones de esta CRM nos ha permitido mantenernos en contacto y manejando la información de nuestros clientes y nuestos leads.