4.1 out of 5
Do you work for Podio?

Podio Reviews & Product Details

What is Podio?

Podio lets you get work done with your co-workers and clients on a social work platform that you make your own.

Podio Screenshots

Carolyn Conn

podio.com
Citrix
Description
Sharing insights in cloud, mobile, virtualization, collaboration & networking.
1989

Podio Reviews

1-50 of 251 total Podio reviews

Podio Reviews

1-50 of 251 total Podio reviews
Podio review by BEATRIZ V.
VENDEDORA

"Ideal application to manage your projects online"

What do you like best?

I really like this application because it helps me manage my sales, and manage my clients. Podio is ideal to manage your daily tasks, I really like this application because it has helped a lot in my daily life to organize my daily tasks, it serves as a reminder so that no event happens to me. It is ideal to work online with my colleagues, organize events and get good results with corporate work. And the most important thing is a free application, which generates no cost to use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like this application, so far everything I've known about the application I like is a very useful application in my day to day in the personal and work environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is an ideal application to manage all kinds of projects that you propose in your life. And the most important thing is that it can be managed in work teams. You can upload projects of any kind, also upload any type of files to podium, such as images, videos and documents in their different formats. It is very easy to use you do not need to have great knowledge in technology to use this application.

It has helped me a lot in my company since I dedicate myself to the sale of products and podium allows me to organize the existing products in the warehouse, the daily sales made, and my clients. When I have a problem I can ask for help from the other members of the project. I can use it on the computer and on my cell phone.

Podio review by Marcus P.
Digital Marketing Manager

"My preferred platform for managing tasks and collaboraing with people"

What do you like best?

Our Podio accounts can be customized with great precision. We can add own tasks, categories, status labels and whatever other items are relevant to particular projects, events or files we're working on. The user interface spaces text items out in a way that makes things easy to understand and navigate. The fee for Podio is reasonable and the customer service there is almost always nice and helpful.

What do you dislike?

t can be very complicated figuring out how to configure projects. This isn't really the type of platform where you go in and everything is obvious. Though we did get nice flow going once we got projects added and set up, it wasn't a straightforward process. Even people with above average technical ability had to take significant time to learn what different sections and items do and how to make them work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Podio is probably best suited for those that want highly customized workflows and specific project labels and conditions. Podio is the most graphically appealing platform, but it can be very detailed and effective for those that are comfortable using it.

Podio has been fantastic for setting tasks, assignments, priorities and deadlines. There are many streamlined features like notifications, notes and chat messages that allow us to always be connected. Even if someone isn't on the platform at any given moment, they can easily get back up to speed after logging in and checking the status of each item.

Podio review by Stefania S.
Event Manager and Administrative Assistant

"Highly efficient and customizable Customer Relationship Management and Project Management tool"

What do you like best?

This is an high performance tool which really helps to manage project and customers. It is customizable in order to suite different needs and requests. Customers, teams and stakeholders can be assigned to different projects, or be related to QA requests, issues, etc.I like very much the time and expenses tracking and tool: we use Podio with a time tracking tool that allows us to monitor how much time the team spend on a project, and how much does that costs. Podio also gives you the possibility to add files (you can use it as a storage or backup space for your project files) and connect steps of the project through different workplaces. We use Podio as a CRM and PM tool, keeping track of offers, approvals, issues, feedback from clients and stakeholders, status, teams: pretty much everything from initial proposal to project completion.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say that there's something I dislike. It's a great tool! The only thing I would suggest would be integrate this tool with others like Google Docs or the most common ones, so that you can not only upload docs and files from your pc, but also share them directly from other tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you start using it, I highly recommend to track everything with Podio. In this way you will have a powerful backup and track of all your activity. Use it also to communicate with the teams.

Keeping track of customers and make projects done. With Podio you can have everything related to your project stored in one cloud, easy accessible. Also, each user has access only to specific workspace areas, which is great to assign teams only to specific areas.

Podio review by Spencer J.
Principal
Accounting

"So much potential and flexible, but complex interface rarely updated"

What do you like best?

I've been using Podio six months to manage accounting clients and various projects. Podio by itself is reasonably priced. It is highly customisable and that is it's greatest feature (and drawback). It's more than a task list... you can really create any online database you want.

What sold me originally was it had relationship fields, so records can be associated to each other like a primary key. The other point was it had recurring tasks built-in. This is a rare feature for online database products (as a native feature).

It does integrate well with it's own family of products under the Citrix label.

What do you dislike?

Podio's greatest weakness is the flexibility. Very few add-on features are built-in. Yes, there are multiple third parties that offer add-ons, when they work.

I will challenge you to think of this... how will you use the data that you store in Podio? Podio struggles to even provide a "print" feature built-in. The native reports are just widgets, and not pretty ones. They're not designed to print or even share. There's no good backup feature to get data out, other than exporting each view (though there are integrations). I'm just saying it is super-frustrating to actually put the data to use without a decent level of programming knowledge, time, and research into add-on integrations that may not even be in a language you can translate.

I would also challenge Podio to communicate with it's customers. There's no product roadmap, blog is outdated, and really just no communication whatsoever to know what frustrations might later be overcome. I bought a Citrix package at $200/month and then haven't heard a word, other than a couple of survival fixes.

Last, it is not intuitive for team use unless your techie level is at a 7 or 8 our of 10. I failed miserably with two staff members, before I realized I was pushing a difficult interface that frustrated them rather than excited them. There's quirky things, like clicking outside of a certain area on the screen when entering a record -- it saves the record and closes it -- that created tons of errors with my staff. Why not have a "Save and Close" button, rather than a random mouse click perform that function? After that, I would have to go back and dig to see which record they edited and fix it.

There are other random things, like if you use a related field, you can't see it in a table format. Meaning, if Adam Smith has a rental house at 123 Happy Lane, you can't show both of those things a table (at least not easily).

Hope this helps, but I would test it and seriously consider what walls you will hit when it's put to full use. Unfortunately it's caused me to move to a different product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider what it might no have that you expect to need. If it doesn't have it, you will dearly for the core product plus all the third-party add-ons you'll need just for basic use like displaying the data.

See above sections.

Podio review by Tori W.
Executive Administrator
Real Estate

"Real Estate CRM - Great for customizing work flow, but extremely labor intensive"

What do you like best?

1) Podio offers customization to create work flows, items, and projects to fit YOUR team's needs. Our real estate team houses our METS, FARM, and Past Clients databases in addition to our incoming requests, buyer leads, seller leads, contingent deals, and listings.

2) The design of adding progress buttons is a fun way to manage projects and ensure everyone is on track. 3) Podio connects well to Zapier for capturing FB leads for lead generation.

What do you dislike?

1) Since Podio is SO customizable, it requires a lot of manual labor. Only one teammate is trained to edit workflows and items, which has become burdensome and time consuming. When a work flow breaks, it stalls activities until it is fixed.

2) I would not recommend utilizing Podio's tasks since they cannot be separated into different lists like Basecamp or Trello.

3) I wish Podio automatically showcased data in graphs and metrics on the front page, had a dialer, logged text and phone call correspondence, found our clients on social media, and had marketing package options.

We are using Podio to solve our need for a CRM, contract coordination, and staying in constant contact with our clients.

Podio review by Jose M.
Business Development Associate

"The best Project Management and Collaboration Software"

What do you like best?

For me Podio is the best app I have ever used in regards to project management, it allows you to create new tasks among your team, to track progress, to interact within the task.

Also, you can create/install apps inside workplaces.

You can manage, as an admin, all access to workplaces and apps, depending on the type of users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI makes the app a little bit slow, chat fails sometimes, and you need to refresh the page in order to load new messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app has everything that you are looking for in a project management tool.

Interaction and control of tasks assigned to others, you can create a pipeline, and see how the task is being completed.

When creating or installing new apps, it allows you to customize based on your own needs.

Podio review by Eugenie C.
Printing

"A good program for the work of our team"

What do you like best?

The program allows you to ensure the transparency of work processes and improve the communication with staff. With the help of the administration function, you can quickly make the necessary changes. The program is reliable and safe for your business. You can also use Podio in the mobile version, which allows you to be always up to date with all the events.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to understand of some functions of Podio. Saving documents to the database is slow, and if there are many, the copying may take several minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose the right price category for your business, see what features you will have when you purchase a paid subscription. The first setup of the service requires a lot of time and knowledge, but then the whole process is easy and simple.

The program is useful for our business and helps us to go to our goal. Podio is easy to store all the necessary documents for work, which also simplifies the workflow.

Podio review by Angela G.
Assistant Director of Publications
Higher Education

"Podio for basic project management needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of customization for data fields. Building spec needs out is very intuitive, and I like being able to include a photo of each project as a quick visual guide. I also appreciate the ease of searching for past projects.

What do you dislike?

My uses for Podio are very basic, and so far, they have met all my needs and expectations, therefore I haven't disliked anything with the product so far. I dislike that the max file upload size is limited to 100MB (which is very large, but unfortunately, often times my files are larger than that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Podio is great for managing projects. We did not use a lot of the collaboration features of the software, but I know there is so much that the product offers that we haven't tapped into. One of the best features of Podio compared to many other project management options is that they offer unlimited storage space.

The ability to manage the intake of projects, and the ability to search for past projects and their specs is fantastic. We were working with a paper trail before using Podio, and being able to record the information digitally has made the workflow much more efficient.

Podio review by Iona M.
Sales Marketing Manager
Internet
(10,001+ employees)

"Pretty simple solution"

What do you like best?

Podio really allows me to manage access to our company workspaces with the ability to make fast regulation. I have the opportunity to invite our clients, freelancers and another external workflow member. I can add attachments and leave a comment there and see all history of another user actions. At last, I can easily understand all working process.

What do you dislike?

The price is up, I guess it is will be better to work with less pay. But everything is good working and I will stay far away from the complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform has all useful tools which we need at work. It is a nice software which will always make your working duties right. Very happy that we all have the ability to work with higher quality and have great sharing system, ability to control our tasks and much more. I recommend it to you.

We are sure that all our projects under control. We have the ability to choose simple tables or dynamic documents and then build reports, with which we will always be informed of the current conditioned of projects

Podio review by David C.
Software Engineer

"Really flexible tool to manage a lot of business topics"

What do you like best?

The best about Podio is its flexibility and ease of use, you can start experimenting a lot of ideas with almost no technical knowledge. The data structure is really well developed and there are a lot of examples available that solves common business problems

What do you dislike?

Some features are not really well developed, for example the fields with calculations capabilities are very buggy, also the dates feature is good but not really useful as is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version has the most important features to start getting most of the app, after you have tried for a while you can consider the premium features which enable really complex workflows

We use Podio to track our sales efforts, from a first approach to our clients to after sales process, we save all the info about our clients and deals. We also use Podio to organize our support processes for our clients, managing due dates, tasks and terms of service.

Podio review by Peta W.
Co-Founder
Management Consulting

"Incredibly adaptable all-in-one solution for growing companies"

What do you like best?

* Nothing compares to Podio in terms of flexibility, workflows and integrations.

* Podio a solution that works across all sectors and all sizes of company.

* It can be used across all company departments including HR, logistics, marketing & PR, and finance

What do you dislike?

* The interface is ugly!

* There is no simple payment integration.

* Editing data from the table view would be helpful (it's currently only achievable with a plugin such as Super Menu)

* The activity feed takes up a lot of space and cannot be moved.

* Speaker onboarding and management process for a conference enabling the organization to move away from spreadsheets and grow exponentially.

* Increase capacity and revenue of an Amazon seller by streamlining and automating the product ordering process thereby eliminating product outages.

* Sales funnel for a real estate company including workflows to ensure clients are responded to in a timely manner and follow-ups are completed to minimize lost sales.

* Intranet for a national non-profit with workspaces for fundraising, communication, HR, event management, volunteer management, logistics, marketing & PR, and finance

Podio review by Lionel M.
CRM Manager
Gambling & Casinos

"A good program for robots."

What do you like best?

Podio actually gives me the opportunity to manage access to our company's workstations with the ability to quickly adjust. It is very good to use this software in work. Constantly can help increase the productive process in work. Also Podio can be used in mobile version, which is very easy and convenient.

What do you dislike?

For beginners, it may seem very difficult to use. Sometimes it's hard to understand some of Podio's features. Saving documents in the database is slow, and if there are a lot of them, copying can take several minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software enables you to use the tools you need. All you need for work you will find in Podio. This platform is actually useful. Has the optimum connection quality. Also easy to use

With this platform, we can make our plan more organized. We perfectly control our trading team and improve the way we work together with the purpose of our business. Podio just save all the necessary documents for work, which also simplifies the workflow.

Podio review by Del R.
Management Consulting

"The easiest way to control all your performance."

What do you like best?

I have the ability to control all connected accessories in one place immediately makes easily work on any task.Much better and easy to make an agreement with potential customers about our deal. I like that adding tools will update in real time.

What do you dislike?

Actually, I don't have anything bad with this software. Will be better to pay less. But with this ability, I can have everything that I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software allows you to use working tools which you will need. The product will give you the higher quality of performance. As for me, the platform has a great management system.

With this platform, we can do our project more organized. We have great control of our sales team and better the way of operating together for our business. The software always helps us easily manage the current tasks and develop.

Podio review by LIDYS V.
Personal docente

"Manage all your daily activities with Podium. "

What do you like best?

I really like the Podio application, since it allows me to work as a team, organizing my work, allowing me to share it with my colleagues, it is ideal to manage my daily tasks, I can adapt the application to my needs, I can upload in the whole application the information you want.

What do you dislike?

I think it is an application that is not aimed at all users, but to a specific audience. It has multiple applications, that's why it's a complex program, but there are always things that can be improved, to me in particular, I like it a lot, because I can relate to my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend them to all my students, who wish to work with projects, and have everything they need to organize their projects in one place. Podio is a platform that allows the creation of any of the applications. In this way a small company can assemble their entire information system without leaving the same portal

In the company where I work, we can integrate as a team, and teach our students how to manage their projects effectively, with the best results, fulfill the work or product in charge and manage the income obtained. What benefits it has generated: it allows me to see the development of the work carried out by my colleagues. It allows me to work with several applications at the same time.

Podio review by Livis F.
Emprendedor independiente
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Title: The basis of other applications. "

What do you like best?

What I like the most about this application: Podio is a web application focused on the management of tasks in a social way for individuals, for companies and institutions, offers several ways to make emails social, organized and are part of your workflows. Apart from being able to manage our projects and tasks and different activities scheduled for each day.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this application:

Although the proposal is very attractive, at first it is usually very complicated to use, and over time you realize that you can use it, and the benefits it generates for each user, perhaps because of the challenge that represents its development, the final result is Improvable, I like it a lot, because I can relate to my team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because I would recommend this program: I would recommend it because it facilitates a lot the work in equipoodio is a platform that allows the creation of any of the applications. In this way a small company can assemble all their information system without leaving the same portal.

How the application has solved problems, in our company: podium in the company where I work has benefited us because it helps us a lot in teamwork, companies look for solutions in the cloud to solve their old problems: obtain clients, fulfill work or product in charge and manage the income obtained. What benefits it has generated: work as you want, help you perform group tasks, share them with other users, allow us to work in the way we want and more effectively, managing projects and interacting with clients.

Podio review by LIDIANA F.
Servicio de atención al cliente
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Title: multiple applications in one place. "

What do you like best?

What I like most about this application: Podio is a web application focused on managing tasks in a social way, it offers several ways to make emails social, organized and part of your workflows. Apart from being able to manage our projects and tasks, we can add the workspaces and the applications that we have installed in Podio.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this application:

Although the proposal is very attractive, perhaps because of the challenge of its development, the final result can be improved. has multiple applications, therefore it is a complex program, but there are always things that can be improved, to me in particular, I like it a lot, because I can relate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because I would recommend this program:

Podio is a platform that allows the creation of any of the applications. In this way a small company can assemble all their information system without leaving the same portal.

As the application has solved problems, in our company: companies look for solutions in the cloud to solve their old problems: obtain clients, fulfill the work or product in charge and manage the obtained income. What benefits it has generated: PODIO, work as you want: it allows us to work in the way we want and in a more effective way, managing projects and interacting with clients.

Podio review by Alba María D.
Telemarketing Manager

"GREAT TOOL for TEAMS"

What do you like best?

Empezamos a usar este CRM para un cliente que esta armando e incrementando su equipo y quería que todo mundo estuviera conectado y en el mismo canal sobre sus bases de datos d clientes y nos ha funcionado muy bien ya que te da muchas opciones de conectividad en el equipo.

What do you dislike?

Al principio fue un poco complicado conocer el funcionamiento porque hay que apegarse a tu espacio de trabajo pero nada tan complicado que no se pueda resolver preguntado.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy bueno para fomentar la integración de equipos, facil de usa y como también. Tiene un diseño muy limpio y no te satura de información innecesaria

Conectividad! Lo usamos para trabajar de manera remota con una base de datos en constante cambio e incremento. Las funciones de esta CRM nos ha permitido mantenernos en contacto y manejando la información de nuestros clientes y nuestos leads.

Podio review by Alexandra S.
Sponsorship Manager
Events Services

"Great for team communication but could be more functional"

What do you like best?

Polio makes it easy to communicate with my coworkers, whether it's via chat (and saving the convos) or assigning tasks to others and making comments.

It is also nice that we can see what edits other coworkers make to areas you are also working in. I also like being able to subscribe to certain workplaces and apps that pertain to me.

I also like that you can create forms through Podio and that all of the submissions go to a designated app within Podio.

I also really like the "tasks" function, as well as the availability to set up workflows.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cannot simply copy information over from "spreadsheets" without clicking on the line item and opening it up. It would be great if you could use some template like a spreadsheet and able to simply drag the mouse over multiple line items to copy elsewhere. Coming from using Smartsheet, this is a big problem. On Podio, if you want to do that you have to export the app and then use it as an excel sheet. So, our company still uses Smartsheet for tracking sales.

I also do not like the integration of my google calendar with the Podio calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read all of the FAQs and support that you can. Know that you cannot use like a spreadsheet unless you export it. It is great for team collaboration and workflows.

One of the problems we are solving by using Podio is that we are able to save all information in one platform. It is also a great way for us to organize each event by its own workspace and build apps within each one.

I have greatly benefited from the ability to subscribe to specific apps/workplaces, as well as the "tasks" function.

Podio review by Bram L.
BIM Advisor I Architect MAA
Architecture & Planning

"Unfocused freedom"

What do you like best?

That you basically can build anything you want. Making relationships between the different "apps" are super easy and empowers your data. Also some of the ways of viewing data is pretty good.

Globiflow is really powerfull so get that too.

What do you dislike?

The unfocused nature of the platform. It does not seem like any app is really meant to be a calendar (you cannot make a new appointment directly for instance), there is no sync with mails other than to a weird unorganised "feed", and you have to scroll through all of your data in a single row even though you might be rocking a 27" screen. Also all invites require the invitee to be a Podio member.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Globiflow. Don't expect calendaring to work.

CRM, handling signups to events, KPI tracking, time sheets, vacations, dashboards, billing, meetings, budget forecasting, deal handling pretty much everything but inbound marketing. Pretty much everything a modern company could need.

Podio review by User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy system to streamline a large team's materials and to-do list."

What do you like best?

Podio has an easy to understand user interface with unlimited options to sort materials and deliverables. It allows for a straightforward project management, with the ability to sort materials by workstream, creator, manager, task area, etc.

What do you dislike?

You cannot sort your deliverables by due date - or if you can, it is not easy to figure out. Thus, due dates can sometimes get lost in the shuffle if you're not careful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend learning Podio inside and out before adding your team to it, as it is a different user face than any other application and having an expert for it on the team is necessary.

Project management is a lot simpler and requires less time with Podio. Our team has been able to spend more time on improving the actual quality and quantity of our work instead of tracking our work after switching to Podio.

Podio review by Ken D.
CEO & Founder

"The flexibility is both its greatest strength and weakness"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much use Podio for anything.

Workflow automation.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in access control features.

Full workflow support requires GlobiFlow but should be built-in at second tier.

Expensive at the higher tiers which include features that should be available to all levels.

Very steep learning curve for new users.

It should be possible to have a master template for workspaces so that changes do not need to be manually duplicated.

Task management should be better. Take Todoist as an example.

The mobile app for Android needs improvement.

Chat is lacking. Take Slack as an example.

We use Podio as our internal CMS and CRM. We very much appreciate the possibility of keeping everything organized in a single platform. However, the flexibility provided by Podio and the lack of tools to keep things consistent or limit access to specific fields within apps for instance, means it's easy to break things and it takes a lot of manual work to make any changes across multiple workspaces.

Podio review by User

"Very simple and straightforward CRM management!"

What do you like best?

It is a great CRM mangement software for keeping track of a large lead management. We have more than 2,000 leads and it works great in keeping everything organized and on track. Podio is very simple and clear, not too much hassle and easy to sort after preference.Overall it updates quick and connect well with phone systems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system lags and it takes time to log a call or to pull up a lead in the system. It is annoying when an inbound call comes in and it takes time to pull up the information because the system is lagging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product for a sales organization.

It is definitely a great CRM management tool, I like it better than salesforce for its simplicity. I like being able to customixe it and filter and sort all data, making it easier for me to be effective at work.

Podio review by Douglass E.
Design Manager
Design

"Very good software to work with. "

What do you like best?

I like that everything that I'm doing, everything is right. Very good to use that software at work. Always helps to increase effective process at work. I see that my team works more concentrate and better. I really like.

What do you dislike?

As for me, everything works well and right. Will be better to make the price down. But generally, tools are good.More important that it really helps.Very good support service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

About that software, I can say that everything that you need at work you will find here. The platform is really useful. Has the good quality of the connection. Easy to use.

Good job in our target. Great to know that we can increase our sale. Great platform to make our skills better. With this program, we are working very fast because everything is automatic.

Podio review by Danny D.
Magician for Private Parties and Corporate Events
Entertainment

"Podio"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create custom apps within Podio. I really think it's helped me organize my business in a great fashion. I also love that there's a mobile friendly app! I also love the custom alerts, which helps keep me on track of tasks while not being overwhelmed with a to-do list. Whenever I have an existing client call me, I can easily just pull up their information on my phone and know exactly who I'm talking to and regarding what matters. I also love the integration between different apps. For example, I integrate my client and leads applications in order to smoothly grab client contact information while creating a lead, or vic versa. I also use it to keep track of money coming in, as well as whether or not that money has been distributed to taxes, profits, owner's pay and operating expenses. Overall, I can't think of any major or minor issues that prevent me from loving Podio. I would highly recommend it to a friend, whether one looking to organize their lives or businesses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind that I dislike about Podio!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customization within apps is amazing and should definitely be considered!

I'm a magician, and I use Podio to track the status of gigs, whether they're booked, proposals have been sent, etc. I also use it for CRM and keeping client notes, as well as keeping of income and expenses.

Podio review by Administrator

"Podio makes my job easier!"

What do you like best?

Podio makes it easy to have my entire team work in one place. I am able to see what everyone is doing, make comments in real time, and update anything easily.

What do you dislike?

The calendar is not able to be color coordinated. I have noticed that this is an issue many people have had when searching for a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to really create the space that is going to work best for you. Sometimes you have to make changes to the format to make it the best for what you are doing. I also use the download feature quite frequently to free up more space in the actual application.

Previously, our reports were all in different formats, but now everyone is able to follow the same format. We are able to coordinate and collaborate seamlessly, from all over the country.

Podio review by Olga G.
Architecture & Planning

"Great for linear projects"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate in between the different modules--if I'm searching for something I can search within the app or I can search throughout the entire system.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to learn how to link a project to a customer, etc. You have to set up the workflow yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales. Not so much for an actual CRM system.

It's not something that we can integrate with Infor for customer orders, returned materials/warranties, billing or anything to comment about customer preferences, issues, etc. We have to document all of that separately.

It is great for initial start-up of a project and for recording sales. It's not something I would recommend as an actual CRM for the whole loop/process of closing the sale/project.

Podio review by Stephanie C.
Digital Consultant (aka Digital Problem Solver)

"Podio is a great tool with a ton of versatility"

What do you like best?

Podio is so flexible. It's a very robust tool that can be customized in so many different ways. One size does not fit all, and Podio gets that. The integration between the apps and other tools makes project management so easy. The webforms and the ability to embed them directly within websites while using custom CSS is so useful! The fact that you can automate tasks is another great feature!

What do you dislike?

Often times, your greatest strength is also your greatest weakness. For the same reasons I love Podio, I also feel it is not a great tool for some. It's not the simplest or the most user friendly tool there is available because of all of its capabilities. If you're looking for the most basic of project management tools, sometimes Podio is not my recommendation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool with a lot of features. Takes a little bit to get set up and work out the details of how you'll use it best, but once you've got the ground work laid, it is a great long-term solution.

I use Podio a ton for the embedded webforms. I have a lot of custom forms used for a wide range of clients and purposes. Using the webform as a starting point for the end user is a great way to get things in order how I need them to be for project management on the back end without requiring them to be within the software. Definitely saves steps and minimizes tasks.

Podio review by Ekaterina S.
Assistant Project Manager

"Amazing for complex project management and as a common workspace"

What do you like best?

1. It has numerous pre-built templates for event or project management that are perfectly customizable.

2. You don`t need to have HTML coding skills to customize it for your needs.

3. Flexible and consistent.

4. Perfect as a collaboration workspace and resource center for internal communication in an organization.

5. Has a good messenger and commenting feature, which extremely convenient when there is a discussion on several different projects.

6. Every action and change in a team workspace can be tracked.

7. My number one in web-form survey building.

What do you dislike?

1.For beginners might seem very complicated.

2. It is the top one for businesses and corporations but a bit expensive and might not be affordable for individual users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a lot of time in the beginning to learn to use it and may seem very complicated, but in the end it is worth time spent because it becomes a very natural work management software for your team.

It used to be a universal software for team and project, CRM and sales management.

Podio review by Anne A.
Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Flexible project management software for small groups "

What do you like best?

I love how flexible the Podio platform is. I need to track progress on a variety of different projects, and I am able to do that through creating custom apps to track the exact metrics to meet my benchmarks. The task tool makes it easy to assign tasks to others, identify what to do each day, and make progress on all of my projects at the pace I need.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup can take time, especially if you are building apps to customize Podio to your own needs. That said, more time will be saved in efficiency and clear communication down the line!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time you need to get projects setup correctly.

Podio makes it easy to multitask effectively. When juggling multiple projects, it is easy to lose the forest through the trees or vice versa. Through the combined use of apps in Podio and tasks, I am able to keep track of both the individual actions I need to take to move a project along, as well as the bigger benchmarks we need to hit in order ton complete a project on-time. It is easy to use Podio in small groups to assign tasks to colleagues, allowing us to work together and clearly communicate our expectations of each other.

Podio review by Caroline T.
Event Coordinator
Hospitality

"Podio is great if it's the only thing you use"

What do you like best?

I like the workplace component. This allows different projects and teams to have their own space to work. It keeps everything related in one place which is handy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way they save documents on podio. If you have a ton of them then it's not the most organized method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think podio has really good potential when it comes to project management. I find that it can be confusing at times and I end up having half of my tasks in podio and everything else in another app like todoist. I also wish there was a notification feature that wasn't email.

It's easy to keep people accountable by assigning tasks to each member. It keeps everyone on the same page and it shows what each person is working on.

Podio review by Administrator in Education Management

"Podio is a very versatile, customizable database tool"

What do you like best?

I like how flexible the tools in Podio are in terms of customizing how each app in Podio looks and behave. It presents me with many of the strengths of other tools, such as fobugz, basecamp, and trello--combined together under one platform. Beyond the customization, I've enjoyed the different views for the apps, including especially the one that arranges my records as cards in different columns.

What do you dislike?

I have leaned away from Podio because one thing that suffers from its focus on flexibility is the poor user interface. Everything is so geared around allowing the admins to develop customized apps that the user experience becomes quite poor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take time out to carefully plot out the different types of data that you will be storing in Podio and then plan out how you will structure your different workspaces and apps to meet your needs. You can create relationships between the workspaces/apps but it can be cumbersome.

I have used Podio for many different scenarios, such as tracking projects, tasks, bugs/feature changes, and at one point for user support tickets.

Podio review by Anderson G.
Developer

"Really flexible and customizable "

What do you like best?

I started using it because it is really flexible and allow very customised forms, and register of tasks and other stuff. The integration you can create between items is very useful. We used for all the teams in our company. It was good to add since development information to business information.

What do you dislike?

It lacks a better way to view items from multiple apps, which deny you to see a better big picture of your registers, or assigned items. It can be slow sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works really great, just miss a better way to see reports and items from multiple apps, workspaces or projects. If we have a view which merges items from different workspaces filtering by assigned fields, and select specific fields to display in the list, that would solve the biggest problem we had there.

We used it as the place to keep track of bugs, development tasks, reviews, deployments, and internal files.

Podio review by Synthia F.
Looking for a job

"Fast install and strong secured"

What do you like best?

With match content and processes within one device, the software guarantees the clarity of work and makes the activities of your staff higher. That's true.

What do you dislike?

I found a just good thing about that software.Helps so much on your subjects. I have some friends who don't' like to work with it.(I guess it is about to price).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very convenient management.Very fast connection.Perfect and fun to make your app. Easy to use. Great work with automatic things.I like it very much .And recommend it to you.

Very good work on our team.Helps to increase our sales target, We are trying to grow our knowledge to a new level step.Also, good things that all job are automatically here.

Podio review by Hudha I.
English Instructor
Education Management

"Sharing & Storing "

What do you like best?

The best thing about podio is we are able to do our task managing to get the whole team on board. We can run all our company meetings, conversation , disscussion and visual marketing in one platform without multible tabs and confusion. Simply it has all the deadlins and to do list and meeting organized. And we always can provide an overview of the projects we have worked on

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is not user friendly. When i first started using podia i had a very hard time using it without assistance. And I prefer it had a different storage managment other than google drive or dropbox. Since we already have a limited space and our personal thing in our drive it is better if podia provide a diffrent platform for storage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great platform to do all your task managment and supervice and keep track of your staff work. You can then and there check on all the projects and comment or inquire about the progress and further my favaourite was the calender where you can keept track of all your meeting, appoinments and vacation. And on top we all can see who is managing which task withouts sending mails here and therer.

Well Podia is the best platform for multitasking and project management. My previous company is using podia to demonstarate and carry new projects. It is quite managble and easy to supervise all tasks,if you really know it.

Podio review by Manal I.
Academic Coordinator
Education Management

"Web platform for work"

What do you like best?

It is very very interactive, easy to communicate with colleagues. I especially liked the status update features, which completely made emails / memos unnecessary. The layout was also very user friendly. The consolidated view of the company projects / the classes / other employees, their class strategies / homework updates etc was very beneficial for other co-tutors to also learn from.

What do you dislike?

Project management and work space intranets were a bit more complicated, it required a lot of assistance. I used it a few years ago under my previous employer, and on later times when I try to log in even my specific account is not shown. The deliverable features have always been confusing to me and it's functioning, perhaps a training session or user manuals for the platform be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It requires some time to understand and implement properly. Maybe if you are looking for a kkong-term use for a network of many people, Podio is an absolute solution.

When I was working for an online company that had employees from different regions of the world, Podio was a very convenient platform to connect us timely. Each one of us were given accounts and included in the workspace intranet - which helped us in getting immediate updates about our colleagues, the workprogress, new initiatives taken.

Podio review by BENNY D.
Software Engineer

"make work easy"

What do you like best?

I can manage all the deadlines and target to be done related project because of this application.While I access my project on it because of it I get my all over progress on project

What do you dislike?

mobile version is not that much good and as there is no remember me feature I have to sign in again as I get signed out

Recommendations to others considering the product

It should allow remember me feature and work on the mobile version application as it is good for the desktop

Not only it helps me in managing my project but because of it I can collaborate with my team also.Because of it my frequently used contacts are synced and easy to access others

Podio review by AnnA L.
"Byrådirektör" på den Personliga Reklambyrån
(Myself Only)

"Excellent when you need your own types of fields in your project management."

What do you like best?

All crm, project management and todo software are based on databases and the use of fields. And if you often use this kind of software you have probably thought more than once - "If only I could have a field to log my own special information"

Now many systems allows you to add one or several fields but PODIO allows you to completely,in an easy way, create exactly the fields you want and need.

And you don't have to start with a blank sheet - there are lots of available templates for contact cards, organisational cards and other useful information you would like to record in a database.

In PODIO I have created:

Projectmangment

A workflow to handle a complex wordpress process

Information base of marketingmaterial

Web forms to record application for different job positions

Checklist when working with design projects

and many more.

The possibility to create webforms, workflow and connect Podio to xapier and other software - apps is also a greate advantage.

With PODIO you can create your own system rather than adapting a readymade software.

What do you dislike?

Not much what I dislike more a recommendation.

If you want to build your totally own system - you really need to have basic knowledge about databases - and tables and fields.

Workflow has been a bit complicated but they are easier to create now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a test run.

If you are not into databases etc - start by using the templates available and then - change the templates to fit your needs.

And this is easy .-)

When I work, I don't have any colleagues within my own firm but dozens in other firms as well as clients.

PODIO has a very good system for sharing and allowing "outsiders" to work together with the information stored in PODIO.

So when I needed a platform to store and collect information that was going to be shared with both outside colleagues and clients PODIO made it easy. We used PODIO for memberlista, even management, todos, marketing informtion and planning. We had one app for handeling the monthly newsletters. And it worked great.

Now I use PODIO to handle and administrate wordpress support and collecting documents, informations that has to be reached by people outside my own business.