Marchex Reviews & Product Details

What is Marchex?

The best customers for your business are those who pick up the phone and call you. Marchex helps you understand who called, why they called, and helps you turn more of these callers into customers. Marchex Call Tracking, the leading call analytics platform for measuring precisely how effective your digital marketing strategies are at making the phone ring for your business. The platform includes channel-specific solutions, such as: - Marchex Search Analytics measures which keywords drive conversions from customers who call from call extensions on your paid search ads and integrates seamlessly with the bid management platform you already use. - Marchex Call Marketplace, powered by Marchex Omnichannel data, allows you to acquire new customers while lowering acquisition costs.

Marchex Screenshots

Marchex Reviews

1-25 of 163 total Marchex reviews

Marchex Reviews

1-25 of 163 total Marchex reviews

"Already Recommended - Y'all make life easy."

What do you like best?

Affordable. Easy to use. Customer Service is better than any other. I've always had prompt help. Staff is knowledgeable and easy to understand. AND THE CALL DNA!! When you got that, it was SO GREAT to visually be able to hop around calls, see how many rings we take to answer, and more. Really great stuff.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface will seem to pop you out to the main dashboard when I expect it to keep me in the customer dashboard. Then I have to re-select my main account to keep navigating. Not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We've already recommended Marchex to a number of companies within our Mobile Electronics Specialists of America partners. Many have reached out to us after demonstrating how well Marchex works for us. We love that multiple users can engage and listen to their staff to help throughout training and improving customer service. I don't think we fully utilize the tags and other call analytics within Marchex to make discussions in house and reporting easier.

Call analytics mainly, and also reviewing how our employees handle customers on the phone. This helps us shape how we guide our employees, how our employees guide our customers, and helps us to stay consistent across 18 locations.

Client Success Specialist

"Marchex Makes Call Tracking Easy"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Marchex is its ease of use. The first time I set up an account and added phone numbers, I was intimidated, thinking I might make a mistake. The process was so easy that I had no issues during or after setup. With all of the data available, ad tracking across other platforms can become overwhelming and confusing. Marchex uses a simple interface that is easy to navigate and reporting is straight to the point, making it easy to see only the results you want and not a bunch of extra information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about Marchex. I appreciate how easy call tracking has been made by using their services.

With the use of Marchex we are able to try something different and track the performance of those of our ads which include a phone number.

Managing Partner

"Great Call Tracking System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use of their platform and finding data. Demonstrating results to clients is very easy and we always encourage people to log in.

Through the API connection we are able to incorporate the call data into our proprietary dashboard. This allows us to keep all data together in one login for our customers.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to find the "blue edit" link in the call logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are going to need difficult area codes at any point, make sure you try to get them prior to needing i.e. 212, 718, etc.

In today's day and age of internet advertising, many new tactics are originally met with skepticism. We use the Marchex system to validate the results we are getting for our clients. Tracking online actions is easy using free programs like Google Analytics. However, many small and mid-sized companies really want to get the phone calls directly to their teams. archex helps us quantify the results and continue to prove value to our clientele.

AM

"Marchex user for 10 years"

What do you like best?

I have used Marchex for 10 years. The service is incredible whenever I have a question or a minor problem. Letting my clients know whenever they get a call reinforces the value we provide. The monthly reports directly to my clients keeps them coming back month after month. The ability to listen to calls is amazing when a client suspects the worst. I have been able to save every client complaint with tangible results and the names of leads that have come in. The system has helped my business grow and to maintain existing customers for years.

What do you dislike?

I find nothing wrong that I would correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to track calls, pricing and service are superior

When a client feels that results are lacking, I can listen to calls and give them feedback as to all the leads received. With this system I can spot problems before the client and make needed corrections to my advertising efforts.

Co Owner - Founder
Media Production

"amazing product giving insight into all of my marketing programs"

What do you like best?

Ability to track and understand the lead sources and ability to qualify leads to better understand the costs of my marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to explain and have clients understand what call tracking is and how it works. A down and dirty simple explanation could help us turn more clients onto the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great way to improve and understand what is happening with your marketing and sales team. You can not only evaluate what tactics are driving leads but how your sales team is closing the deal.

We use this service primarily to understand what leads are converting and how. We are able to see the full picture of how our marketing efforts are doing and what are the final costs per conversion.

Search Marketing Specialist

"Very Good Platform for Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

Working with Marchex offers a lot of very good and very useful features. Keyword Level Tracking is essential for any pay per click advertising you run and Marchex offers a very simple, easy to set up and easy to use solution. We were able to double our conversion rates and improve Clients' ROI consistently when using Marchex for call Tracking. Outstanding Customer Service. Always there, always available and always very friendly.

What do you dislike?

we ran into 2 issues with Marchex. the first was difficulty trouble shooting problems. Customer Service was always available but we not always fully knowledgeable on issues or trouble shooting problems. I was often put on hold so that the customer service rep could ask someone else what the solution was instead of just putting me on the phone with the person they were talking to. I could never get past the customer service front line to talk directly to a technician or programmer. The other issue was the lack of availability of the sales team. We needed to increase our contract limits and it took almost a month just to get our designated sales rep on the phone. We needed more phone numbers right away and

had to go through hoops to essentially spend more money with them

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good product good company to work with. Only complaint is the lack of Advanced Support when an Advance Issue arises

Track off line performance for Pay per click advertising for clients. We trackied phone calls directly linked to our clients' adwords and bing pay per click ad campaigns. We were able to track calls to the Keyword Level and optimize campaign ad spend and increase ROI on every client we managed using Marchex.

AM

"Good service, somewhat clunky UI"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. The service is consistent and reliable - I've never have had any major issues with the Javascript code for rewrites, and over the past 3+ years of using Marchex there have been very few issues with service uptime or call forwarding. The few major issues that I did experience were handled quickly and professionally, with someone always following up to keep our business informed. Service reps have always been friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks a bit outdated, and feels a bit clunky and disorganized. Especially for first time users, it can be confusing trying find your way around the platform. Not intuitive.

The Javascript code for phone number rewrites does not support cross domain tracking, which is a hugely important feature for our business. So we've had to develop and maintain our own Javascript code for this purpose. Unfortunately they seem to be a bit slow to push out new features which require changes to their rewrite code.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a stable and consistent Call Analytics provider with friendly, helpful, and prompt service reps, Marchex is excellent. However if you value great user experience and intuitive design, you might be disappointed in the platform admin interface.

Marchex provides insights into our internet marketing strategies by allowing us to trace qualified phone leads back to a source. We are able to assess ad performance based on this information, and subsequently make strategic changes and optimizations to our marketing plans.

AM

"Great service with numerous features"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set-up. We are able to have phone number campaigns created and live on a website/ads within about an hour per account. We especially love the new features that have been added throughout the years - such as the ability to order new numbers immediately without having to wait the request to be approved. These help us to improve our own productivity.

Additionally, the customer service is always available and helpful. If we have a question, calling in or emailing is always a pleasant experience.

What do you dislike?

Creating users and permissions have some limitations when you're working with a main parent account and trying to give one person access to numerous sub-accounts.

1) Certain filters in reporting are not accessible for parent account users when looking at sub-account reports.

2) You cannot use the same email address within numerous sub-accounts without using tricky upper/lowercase spellings.

I wish this would be streamlined a little better for users with multiple accounts. However we have found that the user abilities are a lot more advanced over other platforms that do not even allow parent/sub-accounts.

The ability to attribute calls to specific campaigns is invaluable information. This feature in itself is very important to our needs. Then further being able to record calls and attribute context to the call is very helpful in our reporting.

AM

"Call tracking made simple."

What do you like best?

The dashboard is user-friendly and the reports are easy to digest. I also appreciate the prompt responses received whenever I email a question to the Marchex team.

What do you dislike?

Setting up new users for individual clients under our main account is somewhat confusing. I always figure it out in the end, but I have to log in to the new user's account to ensure they don't have access to all clients' call tracking information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very simple platform where you can view reporting information, calls, etc. from one dashboard.

We're able to track the performance of a variety of marketing pieces - mainly by viewing the number of unique callers. The ability to listen to calls is also nice, as it helps us validate whether or not a specific call is "legit".

COSSD Sales Manager
Information Services

"Usage is key to ad sales and Marchex is key to showing usage!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility, reporting and analytics all come together with Marchex Call Tracking! I have employed the services of Marchex in the last three companies to track, measure and prove usage in various advertising formats. We have also sued the Marchex Tracking Numbers to measure responses to our own advertising. The reports are detailed, visual and simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

Many report options but no way I can see to template a report for quick access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I tried many, always come back to Marchex! Best value, reports, options and reliability! The ability to show the DNA of every call to a customer not only elimiantes any question of performance of the ad, it sets us up as reliable and provable providers of advertising! Providing analytics for a digital advertising placement is great, everyone can do that. But providing the actual call DNA including a recording of the actual call knocks it out of the park!

Proving usage of both print and digital advertising with detail and third party credibility gives us an edge that dominates our competition!

Paid Search Specialist, Account Manager, Search Engine Marketing|SEM|PPC|Paid Search Consultant

"Good basic call tracking software"

What do you like best?

The UI is pretty user friendly. It is easy to pull reports based on what you are looking for. It also integrates nicely with Marin. Their customer support is very helpful and knowledgable about the product.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more integrations with other third party platforms. I would also be nice to be able to set up automated reoccuring reports based on criteria that you provide.

We are able to track calls at the keyword level as well as track post click calls.

Founder & Marketing Specialist www.moonandowl.com

"Solid Services + Measurable Results = More Profit for My Agency"

What do you like best?

The ability to clearly show a client what is working and provide them an ROI/cost of acquisition per channel.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The customer service is stellar and easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a simple, proven way to substantiate your marketing efforts are working on behalf of the service-oriented or direct response client, I can think of no better way than Marchex's phone tracking.

We also use it to evaluate calls and do training to improve conversions. Many times a CEO or company manager is very surprised to listen to how his or her call center or call receivers are handling calls. Of course, if the call is answered in a great fashion, it gives him or her the opportunity to celebrate the employee!

The ability to answer anytime a client asks, What is the campaign or media channel really doing for us?

AM

"Using Marchex as Call Tracking Vendor "

What do you like best?

I like the breakdown of the calls and the keyword optimization or discovery. I like the ease of the reporting system and user experience in the UI.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the different views to listen to the calls. When I jump around screens I am constantly needing to adjust the dates even though I just did so on the previous screen.

We are identifying what types of leads are coming through our digital campaigns and where users are finding our clients. I like the different reporting traffic channels. You can see if the user is coming from paid or organic and what they are looking for.

Clarinet Teacher
Higher Education

"Review of Marchex Call Analytics"

What do you like best?

The customer service. Every time I have a question or concern, the representatives are always courteous and eager to help. I also like the ability to add clients as users.

I find the call recording feature to be particularly useful with my ecommerce clients to track offline conversion value.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little clunky. Also, in the call logs, the setting time in the reports is a little tedious. I also find setting up rewrites to be less than intuitive. There are a lot of steps. Finally, setting business hours should have some cascading options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If it's possible to make code implementation easier, that would help. I have found several times that the number changer doesn't play nice with Google Tag Manager.

We are a step closer to proving offline value to our clients. The benefits of call tracking through Marchex help me prove to clients the value our paid search efforts are having beyond tracking conversions.

Project Manager

"Wonderful product with great reporting features and great customer service!"

What do you like best?

Great customer service! They're respond to emails within a few hours and can always get someone on the phone right away, if needed, to answer a quick question about a feature, look into an issue, or get a phone number ordered.

What do you dislike?

I've occasionally have had a problem for a client (based around the connection time for a call to connect to their office phone) that has not been resolved. All arrows point to Marchex but a solution has yet to be found. They've checked multiple times for me and have seen nothing wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Marchex a try! It's a great program with great customer service to help you out any way they can. The only thing I'd be weary of is using the whisper files as we've had multiple issues with them over several different clients.

I'm able to give my clients tangible results with the exact number of calls coming in through specific tracking numbers. Marchex has great reporting features that show days of the week and times the calls are coming in. I can also show my clients the number of calls NOT being answered and the potential business they're losing. VERY helpful tool for our company.

"It has been insightful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the call log function, user tracking and the automated reports.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to cancel an automated report and hard to fast forward within the calls in Google chrome

We are tracking calls to leads conversion. It has been helpful to know how our print ads are performing with the individual numbers assigned to them.

Director of Marketing

"Great Value"

What do you like best?

The ability to put tracking numbers for clients wherever we need to, whether print or online, and be able to correlate the calls to specific campaigns is priceless.

What do you dislike?

The only thing there is to dislike, which is not their fault, is the influx of spam dialers who seem to find their way to some of the numbers. But Marchex is working on that, and it isn't their fault.

You can spend thousands per month on advertising, and only have your gut feeling on whether or not it pays off. Marchex makes it so you can actually analyze the results.

Brand Manager

"Marchex"

What do you like best?

The Marchex account Managers are very knowledgeable and accommodating. They are always on top of all the campaigns and make sure we are in the loop of any changes that are occurring. Marchex has the ability to drive lots of volume for lots of different brands.

What do you dislike?

Marchex Bills off a key press in their IVR which is not common practice anymore in the affiliate space. The call traffic is not always a high quality.

I am always solving the need for volume/calls in our call center, the benefit of Marchex is having the ability to increase and decrease traffic as we need to.

"Great phone tracking system"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and follow, javascript rewrites to dynamically change tracking numbers on websites, all generated by a script and a refferer.

What do you dislike?

Interface looks antiquated, could be refreshed. But does the job

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be fooled by newer and fancier softwares; Marchex works!

Ability to track phone calls for our clients

"Quality Company, Attention to Detail"

What do you like best?

Marchex was a pleasure to work with. Their calls were timely, and one got the impression that several members of the team were working to make the campaign work as well as it could. They were flexible and reasonable.

What do you dislike?

As with most mobile generated calls, quality varied, and it ended up being somewhat difficult to isolate the type of consumer it is we were looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great company; leader in the mobile calls space.

The confusion consumers have when looking to do a home improvement project. Who do they turn to that can be trusted with their home.

Director of Business Services

"Can't do my job without Marchex!"

What do you like best?

The wide-ranging options, the amazing customer service, the ease of use...how could I choose only one thing when the company is so wonderful. They make my workload run smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing, my experience with Marchex is completely positive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great company with phenomenal products and professional customer service.

Setting up proxy web sites, call tracking and information for dashboards.

Managing Principal
Internet

"Tracking Lets Us Document Our Results"

What do you like best?

At Advice Company and AdviceCo Ventures Company we like to do more than just deliver the results we promise -- we like to be able to demonstrate that we do. Marchex allows us to do just that and document how many phone calls a listing on our AttorneyPages.com and ExpertPages.com sites generate, and thus create irrefutable proof of effectiveness.

What do you dislike?

Nothing good comes free, and there is a cost to using Marchex. The only difficulty we sometimes run into is when a client changes his or her phone number on our system, without notifying us so that we can redirect the Marchex Toll Free Line to the client's new number.

Establishing the terrific value of a lawyer or expert witness derives when listing or advertising on FreeAdvice.com, AttorneyPages.com and/or ExpertPages.com.

"Marchex Call Tracking"

What do you like best?

My company uses Marchex for AdWords click to call tracking. I like the reporting features to help with further account analysis.

What do you dislike?

The structure is somewhat odd, you call a phone number an ad and you have campaigns. I'm fairly certain my company uses the structure not as intended, but it can be a tad confusing.

We use it for Google AdWords click to call tracking. We have been able to integrate with their API to have the metrics pull into our client's dashboard.

Product Specialist

"Marchex Call Analytics - Incredibly useful tool and excellent support staff"

What do you like best?

The Call Analytics system meets our businesses needs and then some. The staff that utilizes the system couldn't be happier with the overall experience of the tool and the support they receive from the MatchCraft

What do you dislike?

At this point in our partnership there isn't anything that can be disliked. The tool and people at Marchex are top notch.

We initially reached out and partnered with Marchex to fulfill a need that no other company could ; phone number tracking at scale in Australia and New Zealand. We've since moved all account, foreign and domestic, to the Marchex Call Analytics platform. Our overall experience has been extremely positive and the management of thousands of clients couldn't be easier.

Paid Media Account Manager

"Spam Influx Hindered Performance"

What do you like best?

The technical specialist was very helpful in detailing call logic. They should be involved in more customer service calls and support.

What do you dislike?

We had to approach our reps with a major influx in Spam calls. It was not the other way around. It then took our reps 4-5 weeks to get back to us with an answer. We now have to manually upload clean call data on a weekly basis instead of getting conversions in real-time. This creates an obstacle for our real-time optimizations. Spend increased 200x because of spam calls. They did not offer any sort of payment or credits to our account.

We are trying to drive leads for our clients. Leads come in the form of phone calls. Tracking phone calls increases leads and decreases CPL.

Marchex Features