Marchex Reviews & Product Details

Marchex Overview

What is Marchex?

For marketers who need to get the most of their budget, Marchex Marketing Edge delivers an innovative, easy-to-use conversational analytics solution that reveals which marketing campaigns and channels are generating inbound calls and texts, what happened in those conversations, and enables data-driven decisions that improve their digital marketing and maximize their return. Marketing Edge provides personal onboarding and integrates with Sales Edge Rescue, which can be added to enable their sales team to generate more revenue by recovering lost sales.

Marchex Details

Marchex provides solutions that help companies drive more calls, understand what happens on those calls, and convert more of those callers into customers. Our actionable intelligence strengthens the connection between companies and their customers to help brands maximize their marketing investments and acquire the best customers.

Only Marchex provides a scalable solution for understanding the online-to-offline customer journey by providing data to marketers, in the tools they use, to optimize digital marketing spend and the in-call experience. Our actionable intelligence strengthens the connection between you and your customers, bridging the physical and digital world, to help brands maximize their marketing investments to acquire the best customers.

Marchex

Marchex Reviews

Showing 165 Marchex reviews
Already have Marchex?
AM
What do you like best?

the ease of use and ability for clients to access anything on their own while using a white labeled interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

deletion of numbers and a few other tasks are sometimes tedious. I would love to be able to email support to take care of some items as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it! You won't regret it. We went through a few different systems 4 years back and were extremely happy with Marchex, and would never look back. We have no need to even try another similar vendor as we are happy with the product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking marketing dollars, I am able to see which ads perform and which do not Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Marchex is simple to set up or alternate transfer numbers during working hours. For those cases where the organization requires time to handle a process, Marchex is a better way of determining the source that provides the highest internal exchange rate. Also, Marchex enables you to react and register telephone calls depending on whether they end in a conversion or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While customer service is just a click away, their ability to solve problems is not their weakest area. Typically only one individual was able to help with technical assistance and move the porters, but speak to that individual took a long time. Also, I still can't find a way to configure if there is a choice to send the latest voice messages to an address. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Marchex is a great tool that does a very good job providing consistent and reliable telephony analysis information alongside friendly, handy and quick-to-use service representatives. Although it has restricted functionalities that make it much easier to use, it can sometimes limit stability and adaptability for enterprises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marchex is a tracking system at an enterprise level that delivers data you need to control your request. It deals with missed chances and tests the performance of certain promotions. Calls are responded faster and the waiting time is lower, so there will be more opportunities to get contributions. Marchex works fast and the employees are receptive and polite when I have questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Coordinator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

We love marchex to be able to review previous call recordings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel that marchex does not catch all of our calls and so there is sometimes a call recording needed that we can't find Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marchex has given us physical proof of calls and what was said and reviewed during calls. It has helped tremendously for keeping people from lying about being quoted certain prices and attempting to receive those prices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Affordable. Easy to use. Customer Service is better than any other. I've always had prompt help. Staff is knowledgeable and easy to understand. AND THE CALL DNA!! When you got that, it was SO GREAT to visually be able to hop around calls, see how many rings we take to answer, and more. Really great stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface will seem to pop you out to the main dashboard when I expect it to keep me in the customer dashboard. Then I have to re-select my main account to keep navigating. Not a big deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We've already recommended Marchex to a number of companies within our Mobile Electronics Specialists of America partners. Many have reached out to us after demonstrating how well Marchex works for us. We love that multiple users can engage and listen to their staff to help throughout training and improving customer service. I don't think we fully utilize the tags and other call analytics within Marchex to make discussions in house and reporting easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Call analytics mainly, and also reviewing how our employees handle customers on the phone. This helps us shape how we guide our employees, how our employees guide our customers, and helps us to stay consistent across 18 locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client Success Specialist
What do you like best?

What I like best about Marchex is its ease of use. The first time I set up an account and added phone numbers, I was intimidated, thinking I might make a mistake. The process was so easy that I had no issues during or after setup. With all of the data available, ad tracking across other platforms can become overwhelming and confusing. Marchex uses a simple interface that is easy to navigate and reporting is straight to the point, making it easy to see only the results you want and not a bunch of extra information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about Marchex. I appreciate how easy call tracking has been made by using their services. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With the use of Marchex we are able to try something different and track the performance of those of our ads which include a phone number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I have used Marchex for 10 years. The service is incredible whenever I have a question or a minor problem. Letting my clients know whenever they get a call reinforces the value we provide. The monthly reports directly to my clients keeps them coming back month after month. The ability to listen to calls is amazing when a client suspects the worst. I have been able to save every client complaint with tangible results and the names of leads that have come in. The system has helped my business grow and to maintain existing customers for years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find nothing wrong that I would correct. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great way to track calls, pricing and service are superior Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

When a client feels that results are lacking, I can listen to calls and give them feedback as to all the leads received. With this system I can spot problems before the client and make needed corrections to my advertising efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

The dashboard is user-friendly and the reports are easy to digest. I also appreciate the prompt responses received whenever I email a question to the Marchex team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setting up new users for individual clients under our main account is somewhat confusing. I always figure it out in the end, but I have to log in to the new user's account to ensure they don't have access to all clients' call tracking information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a very simple platform where you can view reporting information, calls, etc. from one dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to track the performance of a variety of marketing pieces - mainly by viewing the number of unique callers. The ability to listen to calls is also nice, as it helps us validate whether or not a specific call is "legit". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Paid Search Specialist, Account Manager, Search Engine Marketing|SEM|PPC|Paid Search Consultant
What do you like best?

The UI is pretty user friendly. It is easy to pull reports based on what you are looking for. It also integrates nicely with Marin. Their customer support is very helpful and knowledgable about the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more integrations with other third party platforms. I would also be nice to be able to set up automated reoccuring reports based on criteria that you provide. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to track calls at the keyword level as well as track post click calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Partner
What do you like best?

Ease of use of their platform and finding data. Demonstrating results to clients is very easy and we always encourage people to log in.

Through the API connection we are able to incorporate the call data into our proprietary dashboard. This allows us to keep all data together in one login for our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Could be easier to find the "blue edit" link in the call logs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are going to need difficult area codes at any point, make sure you try to get them prior to needing i.e. 212, 718, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In today's day and age of internet advertising, many new tactics are originally met with skepticism. We use the Marchex system to validate the results we are getting for our clients. Tracking online actions is easy using free programs like Google Analytics. However, many small and mid-sized companies really want to get the phone calls directly to their teams. archex helps us quantify the results and continue to prove value to our clientele. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple to use and follow, javascript rewrites to dynamically change tracking numbers on websites, all generated by a script and a refferer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface looks antiquated, could be refreshed. But does the job Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't be fooled by newer and fancier softwares; Marchex works! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ability to track phone calls for our clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

My company uses Marchex for AdWords click to call tracking. I like the reporting features to help with further account analysis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The structure is somewhat odd, you call a phone number an ad and you have campaigns. I'm fairly certain my company uses the structure not as intended, but it can be a tad confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use it for Google AdWords click to call tracking. We have been able to integrate with their API to have the metrics pull into our client's dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It’s extremely important for me to be able to track my clients online activity. Marchex is a valuable tool that’s helps with this task. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In a previous life with a previous company we were having issues with dirty CTNs. The need to do a better job of scrubbing those numbers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sometimes not all the data comes Though on the call Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

See previous response Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The visuals that make data easy to see and understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like tha I must email support for most help - although support received has been good and timely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play around and set up automatic report delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Analyzing marketing material performance - I like having calls to track back to specific pieces to audit internal recording of leads, and I like that I can listen to the calls and see quick analytics spliced in many ways. I also like to see where calls come from each day, and how call trends for different groups or numbers go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Search Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Working with Marchex offers a lot of very good and very useful features. Keyword Level Tracking is essential for any pay per click advertising you run and Marchex offers a very simple, easy to set up and easy to use solution. We were able to double our conversion rates and improve Clients' ROI consistently when using Marchex for call Tracking. Outstanding Customer Service. Always there, always available and always very friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

we ran into 2 issues with Marchex. the first was difficulty trouble shooting problems. Customer Service was always available but we not always fully knowledgeable on issues or trouble shooting problems. I was often put on hold so that the customer service rep could ask someone else what the solution was instead of just putting me on the phone with the person they were talking to. I could never get past the customer service front line to talk directly to a technician or programmer. The other issue was the lack of availability of the sales team. We needed to increase our contract limits and it took almost a month just to get our designated sales rep on the phone. We needed more phone numbers right away and

had to go through hoops to essentially spend more money with them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good product good company to work with. Only complaint is the lack of Advanced Support when an Advance Issue arises Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Track off line performance for Pay per click advertising for clients. We trackied phone calls directly linked to our clients' adwords and bing pay per click ad campaigns. We were able to track calls to the Keyword Level and optimize campaign ad spend and increase ROI on every client we managed using Marchex. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

It gets the job done. The service is consistent and reliable - I've never have had any major issues with the Javascript code for rewrites, and over the past 3+ years of using Marchex there have been very few issues with service uptime or call forwarding. The few major issues that I did experience were handled quickly and professionally, with someone always following up to keep our business informed. Service reps have always been friendly and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI looks a bit outdated, and feels a bit clunky and disorganized. Especially for first time users, it can be confusing trying find your way around the platform. Not intuitive.

The Javascript code for phone number rewrites does not support cross domain tracking, which is a hugely important feature for our business. So we've had to develop and maintain our own Javascript code for this purpose. Unfortunately they seem to be a bit slow to push out new features which require changes to their rewrite code. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a stable and consistent Call Analytics provider with friendly, helpful, and prompt service reps, Marchex is excellent. However if you value great user experience and intuitive design, you might be disappointed in the platform admin interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marchex provides insights into our internet marketing strategies by allowing us to trace qualified phone leads back to a source. We are able to assess ad performance based on this information, and subsequently make strategic changes and optimizations to our marketing plans. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set-up. We are able to have phone number campaigns created and live on a website/ads within about an hour per account. We especially love the new features that have been added throughout the years - such as the ability to order new numbers immediately without having to wait the request to be approved. These help us to improve our own productivity.

Additionally, the customer service is always available and helpful. If we have a question, calling in or emailing is always a pleasant experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating users and permissions have some limitations when you're working with a main parent account and trying to give one person access to numerous sub-accounts.

1) Certain filters in reporting are not accessible for parent account users when looking at sub-account reports.

2) You cannot use the same email address within numerous sub-accounts without using tricky upper/lowercase spellings.

I wish this would be streamlined a little better for users with multiple accounts. However we have found that the user abilities are a lot more advanced over other platforms that do not even allow parent/sub-accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to attribute calls to specific campaigns is invaluable information. This feature in itself is very important to our needs. Then further being able to record calls and attribute context to the call is very helpful in our reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Account reps are more than willing to help out when needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Data isn't as use and easy to understand Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare others. There are other alternatives out there that may better suit you Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Call tracking and conversions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy the call log function, user tracking and the automated reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to cancel an automated report and hard to fast forward within the calls in Google chrome Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are tracking calls to leads conversion. It has been helpful to know how our print ads are performing with the individual numbers assigned to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

everything is accessible and very user friendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the theme is too dark, a bit gloomy to look at Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

for easy access on your phone calls, scoring and tagging Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

checking and categorizing phone calls is easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

The ability to put tracking numbers for clients wherever we need to, whether print or online, and be able to correlate the calls to specific campaigns is priceless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing there is to dislike, which is not their fault, is the influx of spam dialers who seem to find their way to some of the numbers. But Marchex is working on that, and it isn't their fault. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

You can spend thousands per month on advertising, and only have your gut feeling on whether or not it pays off. Marchex makes it so you can actually analyze the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Easy to order numbers, easy to set up, and easy to understand results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After requesting numbers, the wait time it takes to receive those numbers takes a while. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Track calls from all aspects of marketing and it's very useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

COSSD Sales Manager
Information Services
What do you like best?

The flexibility, reporting and analytics all come together with Marchex Call Tracking! I have employed the services of Marchex in the last three companies to track, measure and prove usage in various advertising formats. We have also sued the Marchex Tracking Numbers to measure responses to our own advertising. The reports are detailed, visual and simple to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many report options but no way I can see to template a report for quick access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I tried many, always come back to Marchex! Best value, reports, options and reliability! The ability to show the DNA of every call to a customer not only elimiantes any question of performance of the ad, it sets us up as reliable and provable providers of advertising! Providing analytics for a digital advertising placement is great, everyone can do that. But providing the actual call DNA including a recording of the actual call knocks it out of the park! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Proving usage of both print and digital advertising with detail and third party credibility gives us an edge that dominates our competition! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & Marketing Specialist www.moonandowl.com
What do you like best?

The ability to clearly show a client what is working and provide them an ROI/cost of acquisition per channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The customer service is stellar and easy to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a simple, proven way to substantiate your marketing efforts are working on behalf of the service-oriented or direct response client, I can think of no better way than Marchex's phone tracking.

We also use it to evaluate calls and do training to improve conversions. Many times a CEO or company manager is very surprised to listen to how his or her call center or call receivers are handling calls. Of course, if the call is answered in a great fashion, it gives him or her the opportunity to celebrate the employee! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to answer anytime a client asks, What is the campaign or media channel really doing for us? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like the breakdown of the calls and the keyword optimization or discovery. I like the ease of the reporting system and user experience in the UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the different views to listen to the calls. When I jump around screens I am constantly needing to adjust the dates even though I just did so on the previous screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are identifying what types of leads are coming through our digital campaigns and where users are finding our clients. I like the different reporting traffic channels. You can see if the user is coming from paid or organic and what they are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Brand Manager
What do you like best?

The Marchex account Managers are very knowledgeable and accommodating. They are always on top of all the campaigns and make sure we are in the loop of any changes that are occurring. Marchex has the ability to drive lots of volume for lots of different brands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Marchex Bills off a key press in their IVR which is not common practice anymore in the affiliate space. The call traffic is not always a high quality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am always solving the need for volume/calls in our call center, the benefit of Marchex is having the ability to increase and decrease traffic as we need to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Marchex?