4.0

Kaseya allows organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT in order to drive IT service and business success. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower businesses to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions.

Work for Kaseya VSA?

Learning about Kaseya VSA?

Kaseya VSA Reviews

Ask Kaseya VSA a Question
Showing 109 Kaseya VSA reviews
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Kaseya VSA
Simone V.

"Great tool but need some development"

What do you like best?

The best feature in Kaseya is that is completely customizable at your and customer needs. The agent is very light and no need for a lot of customization for running live

What do you dislike?

what i dislike is that the builtin features are not so good and do not cover a wide range of customer's needs. what i mean is like monitoring and maintenance task. we would like to have more packed task that covers commons needs. Another thing is that saas customers cannot use plugins (like veeam) that are available for on prem. The agent needs port 5721, that means that customer need to create policy for using it and there is no proxy settings.

Mac and linux agent do not work properly and there is no integration (like patching and software deployment)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Considering kaseya needs a lot of development for making you to really go live

We are resolving issues like common maintenance tasks, monitoring updates, upgrading commons software and customizable monitoring

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Sam M.

"Does lots of things well, but doesn't do anything perfectly."

What do you like best?

Kaseya VSA allows us to manage all the systems in our estate easily through a single pane of glass. With features like remote desktop connection (through LiveConnect or VNC), patch & policy management, backup & DR features, anti-malware/virus protection, software deployment, ticketing and the ability to create custom agent procedures to help automate common tasks it has been invaluable to our department.

What do you dislike?

Whilst VSA allows for a multitude of functionality the majority of it isn't refined post initial implementation, the interface especially feeling left behind when compared to other major players in the market today. This gives the impression of whilst you can do everything in a central location, you might still be better off going for separate products to achieve the same level of functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you value functionality over ease of use, UI and UX, VSA is probably for you, however I would research other available options to see what else is on the market. Kaseya is great, but that's not to say it is the best.

The primary business problem for us that Kaseya VSA solves is the ability to manage every system within our organisation from a single location, with reports and alerting available allowing us to be proactive in the event of an incident or emergency.

Erik R.

"MSP on steroids"

What do you like best?

The combination as well as amount of tools to manage an entire IT environment is unparalleled. I've used the top similar tools out there (Manage Engine, ConnectWise, Datto etc.) and there is allways something missing.

What do you dislike?

VSA is not without its flaws. Some modules in the system is porly maintained and sometimes forgotten all together. Kaseya is focusing on acuiring other companies/solutions to refresh and replace functionality in VSA but that development take to long, would have been better to fix the current modules imo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's easy to setup and try, just cklicking around in the GUI will give you a good idea of what you can do.

We're an MSP alongside a private cloud provider. The combination of VSA and OpenStack along side client management fills the needs of any and every customer scenario we encounter.

Gregory M.

"My favorite tool for IT Support"

What do you like best?

Kaseya has a fairly unified user experience. I've worked with other products like it which often give me different UI elements and are badly organized. Those other systems make me feel like I'm fighting them to get anything done. Kaseya's UI on the other hand is clean, and they actively work on unifying the experience so that when a user goes into a different part of the system than they've used before they shouldn't feel lost. At the same point they work with other companies to make sure the modules they provide are some of the best in the industry such as Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware, it really helps make clients feel secure knowing that we have easy visibility into their configuration and that they see software on their computers that they've heard of before.

What do you dislike?

3rd party modules are a thing and work well, however I've never seen one integrate in that involves using Kaseya's Policy Management system. Usually at best they have their own internal policy system which can break things up a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be sure to get some to do the KCA training, it helps a lot.

That's a huge list of items:

Server/Workstation Monitoring

Remote control

Anti-virus

Anti-malware

Reports

Did I mention Automation :) OK it might be my favorite part.

Jesse M.

"Best VSA out there"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Kaseya is having everything in one portal. I can manage patches, remote access, antivirus and so much more all with one login.

What do you dislike?

The only thing there is to dislike is the price but I’ve looked at other software and there isn’t another complete solution that even comes close to what Kaseya can do.

I’m managing 100 computers from just remote access to interact with small printing issues that a user may be having to monitoring for servers going down and proactively being able to get them back up without my clients calling for support. I can approve patches and send them out to all my endpoints at once or pick and choose which computers get them based on views or SLAs which saves me so much time from not having to touch each machine for updating.

"IMO Kaseya VSA Review"

What do you like best?

There is a wide variety of functionality that allows us to have better insight into all agents. You can do just about everything you can think of. The scripting functionality is also incredibly useful. We are able to deploy new things to agents with a great deal of flexibility. It would be nice if there were tool tips, or more of a wysiwyg interface when scripting, but at least the core functionality is there along with extensive documentation.

What do you dislike?

The UX is not user-friendly and is challenging to navigate. Reporting is also hard to read and not displayed in a way that is easy for people not in the Kaseya VSA every day. There is a lot of explanation required for others to understand the reports. Lastly, documentation is very difficult to navigate. Things seem to be arbitrarily scattered, and the document search isn't intuitive at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When considering the Kaseya VSA, be sure to be prepared to read all the documentation and utilize Kaseya's support resources.

Better insight into our applications' performance allowing development improvements. It allows us to consider more improvements for development. When customers talk about features they'd like to add, we can stress test hardware specifications with any sample size necessary. The sample size is a huge benefit. Sometimes, we only want to stress test with a small sample size. Other times we want to stress test with a larger group of agents.

"Kaseya VSA Review"

What do you like best?

The organisation in Kaseya can be challenging at first, however as you grow to understand it and mold it to fit you infrastructure it is really one of the best layouts I've used. LiveConnect is one of the best features. It has some warts but it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

While one of the things I like the best is LiveConnect, I do wish it had better resolution, similar to what ScreenConnect brought to Connectwise. However, overall I'm still very happy with my decision to move to the Kaseya product stack.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kaseya can do pretty much anything with regard to automation but you do have to put time in to understand the process.

We are a managed service provider and use Kaseya VSA to deliver our services to clients. We are leveraging automation to manage endpoints and enhance customer service experiences. We transitioned from another RMM tool to Kaseya and feel it was a good switch.

Racey C.

"Have used Kaseya 7+ years. I can do more in Kaseya than if I'm physically seated at the endpoint"

What do you like best?

I have logged, literally, thousands of hours in Kaseya. As stated above, I can do more in the VSA than if I'm in front of the PC. Hugely powerful. People ask me "So what kind of things have you done with Kaseya besides just remote into a desktop"? Then I give them a simple example, such as how I wrote a small agent procedure that allowed me to uninstall Office 2010, install Office 2013, and activate the product with a license key on more than 350 endpoints with (literally) three mouse clicks. And I did it with a 100% silent uninstall/install while the user was logged in and working. They had no idea anything was even happening with their workstation. Kaseya makes what could otherwise be a huge project super easy stuff. Kaseya is probably the most important force multiplier in my environment.

What do you dislike?

Identifying a con is tough. The only drawback I would point out is that for brand new users there can be quite a bit of learning curve when you delve into the really powerful features. For example, writing complex agent procedures takes experience. That being said, the initial basic use of the most common features is easy to pick up right away, so even the learning curve isn't a big deal. When you're ready to "do more" and invest the additional time to learn the more advanced features, they're there waiting for you. For basic help desk folks, they may never need to go beyond the surface features.

Our workforces is increasingly mobile and regularly have a huge number of endpoints not sitting directly on the LAN. The ability to continue managing them fairly effectively is excellent.

James B.

"It's good but certainly not perfect"

What do you like best?

Quick at-a-glance specs and sorting of such of managed computers is really awesome. Getting the information you need about a computer as far as programs installed, hardware specs, network information is all very quick to find and isolate if needed. Integrated AV is pretty good (we use Kaspersky for now). I really like the Agent Procedures "language" and sample procedures.

What do you dislike?

Live Connect is not very stable. Needs an update constantly and does not work until it is updated, even sometimes not after that. I've had to uninstall and reinstall LiveConnect many times. Patch management is not very intuitive. We've never been able to use the Chat function part of the Remote Control module. Keyboard shortcuts and macros don't pass through the LiveConnect remote control and restarting the computer through LiveConnect is awful. We don't use the ticketing system so I can't speak to the quality of that module. Sometimes scripts will just not run with no explanation. Reaching out to support is OK, but we seem to pretty much always get the answer that "That's a great idea, we'll look at implementing that in the future."

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't depend on it for Remote Control. Use Screenconnect instead.

Patch rollouts for Windows systems, scripts to keep computers optimized and clean, gathering information as mentioned above.

Elvin W.

"Manage the IT area more easily"

What do you like best?

This software has allowed my company to efficiently manage networks, control and review servers and at the same time get better support for our customers.

Something that would stand out from this program is that it allows to automate maintenance tasks, with the consequent saving of time. At the same time, security and user behavior can be monitored, so you can solve problems quickly.

What do you dislike?

I think that the interface should be updated, since it would be much better to be able to move more quickly through the program. This interface causes it to be a little complicated to find or modify certain configuration options.

Also sometimes a restart occurs in the computers of the customers because some error occurs, although this is not too common.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is an effective support environment, with a large amount of information, with the ability to simplify information and help you to better support your customers. So if you want to have more facilities to have more information about the IT area and be able to provide better service to your customers, this tool can be useful.

Thanks to the sequence of commands that Kaseya VSA has, clients' problems are solved very quickly, without having to bother them, because thanks to these commands they can be solved without the intervention of the user.

We must also add that the reports with personalized data in PDF give a great information to the clients, with all the necessary data to manage the information better, this causes that our company is more efficient and the clients are more happy, so we It has helped to do a better job.

Jessica D.

"Great product, and super convenient"

What do you like best?

I love how friendly the user interface is. This was super easy to learn, and the tech support team are so helpful. It is very easy to install onto the computers in my organization, and it's such a cool software to use!

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features that I do not need for my organization, however I'm paying for them. That is my only complaint, I wish there was a way to only pay for the tools I'm using!

The Kaseya VSA is only used for IT purposes, for tech support. There are many benefits, the biggest one is that I do not have to be physically at a clients computer to help them!

Mónica R.

"Kaseya VSA is the best RMM tool on the market !!!"

What do you like best?

Live Connect is an awesome component, giving everything from remote help sessions to remote shell get to. The scripting gives you capacity to do nearly everything off camera making end clients extremely upbeat. There is no preferred inclination over having the capacity to tell your client you settled an issue while never expecting to trouble them or interfere with their day. The detailing elements of Kaseya VSA enable overseers to parse any data conceivable, into pleasant PDF or Excel reports. Clients are generally extremely awed and eager to see the reports, demonstrating to them any data they need to see with respect to their organization. Full access to SQL database in included.Kaseya makes what could some way or another be an enormous task super simple stuff. Kaseya is presumably the most vital power multiplier in my condition.

What do you dislike?

Features that would be decent to have in the base adaptation must be obtained as extra modules so one feels to some degree "nickeled and dimed" each time you need to grow your list of capabilities. The cost is on the higher end for a remote administration item which could be reasonable if the help were better. I have discovered that it is a blended best stuff as far as how rapidly you get a reaction and each time my ticket is tended to it is outsourced to somebody for whom English is a second or third tongue. I don't have an issue with the outsourcing viewpoint however I frequently find there is in excess of somewhat of a correspondence hole and it very well may disappoint investing a strong lump of energy attempting to express what is on my mind due a dialect hindrance. In the event that this were an ease item this would be more reasonable however it isn't. There is additionally an extremely strong expectation to absorb information as far as seeing the majority of the highlights. Other impediment is that distinguishing a con is intense. The main downside I would call attention to is that for spic and span clients there can be a lot of expectation to absorb information when you dig into the extremely great highlights. For instance, composing complex specialist strategies takes understanding. That being stated, the underlying fundamental utilization of the most well-known highlights is anything but difficult to get immediately, so even the expectation to absorb information is anything but a major ordeal. When you're prepared to "accomplish more" and contribute the extra time to take in the further developed highlights, they're there sitting tight for you. For fundamental help work area people, they may never need to go past the surface highlights. They offer a Kaseya University alternative to address that (which I am as of now required with) however it requires a membership that continues being recharged or you lose get to. As the substance is static, it would be greatly improved to have a compensation once and get to always - surely for a similar rendition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll have to devote time and assets to getting it up and running. It's not the most noticeably bad startup on the planet, but rather it takes some learning and long stretches of design. Support is all in or all out, simply expect that with basically every rmm player in this space. Incline toward the network in the event that you hit detours and bolster isn't coming through. There are some great gatherings of individuals who can help or offer practices.

Kaseya VSA enables users to regulate and secure generally conveyed conditions through remote observing and administration. Kaseya VSA enables IT administration to additionally expand their compass, essentially help their productivity, and improve benefit levels by finding and interfacing with any gadget from any area through just an internet browser. The framework additionally enables clients to get to and remotely control PCs safely at close immediate associate occasions with unparalleled unwavering quality, even finished high idleness systems. Kaseya VSA accompanies the Kaseya Patch Management Software. This implies clients don't need to stress over refreshing their servers, workstations, and remote PCs as the product robotizes the refresh procedure.

Denton F.

"Very powerful product but the user interface could use some work. "

What do you like best?

The software has a huge list of features that allows you to truly automate everything in the book. It works well for larger MSPs. The patch management is very in depth and allows you to do many things with the different operating systems out there.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit high for smaller MSPs. The main problem I have with the solution is that it is very hard to learn interface. I went through all of the training and still had to spend hours trying to figure out how things worked. And then they had a completely different interface for the remote support application. Kaseya also seemed to use alot of resources that some lower end computers did not have to spare.

My business did not have a remote support or patch management implementation before Kaseya, however now it was proving too difficult to use.

"Kaseya VSA helps automate a lot of our monotonous jobs"

What do you like best?

Organize our endpoints into groups, the create policies to automate many menial tasks that I don't want to do myself.

Can deploy scripts out to PC's without having to touch the machine at all.

If you are good with writing scripts, you can automate practically everything here.

Patching allows you to deny/approve prior to pushing out. This way you can easily stop your machines from trying to upgrade to the latest version of Windows if you wanted.

There is good reporting tools here to. Say you want a list of all machines with Adobe Pro installed, you can create a report and run that against your machines and find out.

Helps with inventory. You can easily create export an excel spreadsheet of all your endpoints.

Logon does not have to be on your network.

What do you dislike?

Kaseya is not user friendly, and it will take some time to learn how to use it.

Not a fan of the remote control, we use bomgar which we like much better.

When there are problems, its usually a hassle to get fixed and you have to contact support.

They recently changed their tier 1 to india and those guys suck. Once your ticket gets routed to tier 2 you will get good support.

We cannot get this to work well with MACS, but that is not much of a problem considering we don't have nearly as many to support.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn to use the agent procedure module and the policies module.

Those are the key modules to success.

Software installs and upgrades

Scripting

Patching

Remote Control

Lee D.

"Longtime Kaseya user"

What do you like best?

The product it easy to use and update. It allows our small team to manage a large deployment of student/faculty devices across multiple locations.

What do you dislike?

Antivirus has had a few quirks, but still functions

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn the scripting language. It's a very powerful way to remotely manage systems.

We have few employees covering a large fleet of systems. Automation through Kaseya has saved us thousands of man hours over the years. We're able to monitor systems, bulk install software/updates, and even manage remote client support.

Andrew D.

"Is Kaseya loosing their competitive edge?"

What do you like best?

The connection speed to our customer endpoints is seconds. They deliver as advertised in this area.

Their patching tools have automated many items that we used to do manually.

Notifications can be managed at a very granular level which allows us to control how many tickets are created.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integration with ConnectWise

Seems like they are not innovating at the same level as other tools.

While the patching tools were a strength, they are also a weakness. Often patching scripts break because of updates etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you use ConnectWise,

We use this tool to manage all of our customers workstations and servers. The quick connections allow us to save time when remoting in, however, because of the lack of integration with our ticketing system, we cannot realize the full potential of connection speeds until we can work in 1 ticket screen.

Joseph C.

"Great software, overzealous marketing, so-so support. "

What do you like best?

The remote access software is second to none in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

The account representatives seem only interested in selling you more products, licenses, and tickets to events. The support staff that I have interacted with only seems to have basic knowledge. It can take some time to escalate your ticket to someone that actually knows what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to be constantly hassled by their account representatives, trying to sell you additional products/licenses. Also, the support staff can be difficult to work with, but with patience they always eventually find a solution. The biggest mitigating factor here is that there stuff is pretty good and once you are setup and running, you probably won't have to work with them very often.

We have software solutions on hundreds on client servers. Kaseya allows us to quickly and efficiently administrate these systems.

Al A.

"Best RMM platform on the market"

What do you like best?

Granular control of our client environments is second to none

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about the product. If you are NOT wanting to manage the environment/set up your client then there are lesser RMMs for you :)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Like any tool, learn it to maximize value for your company and benefit to your client

Aligning our client environments with our Absolute Best Way best practices

Bradley G.

"Strong product - great support"

What do you like best?

Kaseya is continually adding features to the VSA. They listen to their customers and respond with value-added features. Our engineers appreciate that their feedback leads to product enhancements.

What do you dislike?

From time to time, we've encountered bugs that have impacted use and engineer efficiency. To their credit, they listen to our feedback and make appropriate fixes.

The remote access, monitoring and schedule procedures have reinvented the way we support our customers. I can't imagine doing what we do without it.

"Great potential with issues in it's implementation"

What do you like best?

Great control over your customers installations, insight on all security related aspects.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistent interface with issues that take months to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at the interface and test their Kaseya Live Connect remote tool and see if that meets your needs. The tool is a bit flaky, so be sure it meets your needs. It sure helps to have some SQL mojo and Powershell tricks up your sleeve.

First and foremost we can reach out to any machine, know about it's status, see current issues and be able to log in anytime, anywhere. And with some creative SQL tweaking you can go well beyond what's offered by Kaseya, the information is there, you just have to rearrange it to your liking sometimes

Sean M.

"My job would be a nightmare without Kaseya"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage all of our client's systems from one location, I'm able to run anything I would from the local computer as if I was right in front of it, and a lot of things without interrupting the end user.

It's also really cool that we were able to customize the branding for our company.

What do you dislike?

If you inadvertently schedule a task earlier than the current time that task will run immediately, it would be nice if it prevented you from scheduling tasks earlier than current time.

All sorts of problems, we manage workstations and servers, as well as associated backup jobs, offline alerts, updates, etc. It is a HUGE resource, and allows us to provide an excellent level of support to our customers while increasing productivity

Jim P.

"Expertly designed IT Complete Remote Monitoring and Management System"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in the RMM System, excellent technical support.

What do you dislike?

The system is very complete so there is a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get a demo from your sales rep and spin up a trail of the VSA RMM System to ensure it fits with your needs

The Kaseya VSA RMM System has greatly increased the efficiency of our teams.

Jan K.

"robust management of endpoints with potential to become the best in the market"

What do you like best?

the clean and sec look of the system

possibility to run our own instance on premise

possibility to connect with external software

Policy management is awesome

procedures are awesome

What do you dislike?

limited communication regarding development of the main VSA product

limited and strange behavior of the remote control module

bad implementation of AV and AM solution

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First decide what service exactly you want to deliver to your customer.

With this list you can best see whether VSA is the right match.

centrally manage all customer end points

gather info and create reports regarding customer inventory

automation of maintenance and installations

Rick B.

"Kaseya has been a great help in managing my business IT"

What do you like best?

The centralized controls and remote access are what I like best about Kaseya VSA

What do you dislike?

I wish the training included more of the add-ons, but their knowledgebase is very helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking to centralize your IT (or use in an MSP environment) then Kaseya is great!

I have been able to centralize everything from remote support to cloud backups. We have saved THOUSANDS on cloud backup by switching to Kaseya!

Learning about Kaseya VSA?

* We monitor all Kaseya VSA reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0