ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation Reviews & Product Details

ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation Overview

What is ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation?

For park and recreation departments, YMCAs, campus rec centers and other hubs of community activity. Increase participation by managing registrations, reservations, schedules, facilities, on-site check-ins, memberships—and lots more—all from one system. ACTIVE Net helps you do more with less.

ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation Details

A custom-branded solution that allows you to deliver actionable communication to your customers while tracking their engagements, enabling a deeper understanding of where, when and how they want to hear from you.

ACTIVE Network
1999
Dallas, TX
@ACTIVEnetwork
1,202 employees on LinkedIn®

ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation Screenshots

ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation Reviews

Showing 13 ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation reviews
Already have ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation?
What do you like best?

I like how the main screen that I use the most (scan pass) is very easy to locate and revert back to when completing other work on Active Net. When members scan their passes, their picture, name, and all other valid information comes up quickly and clearly, so there is no confusion. I really enjoy how easy it is to process payment via Active Net and I also enjoy the updates they've made in our "Day Pass" category to allow for ease of use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is very difficult to become acquainted with, and it took be a very long time to feel somewhat proficient at using Active Net. The tabs and options are not clear and can be very hard to find on the page. Nothing is very clear, and you have to learn how to do most things through trail and error. Sometimes, one mistake means you have to start over completely which can be incredibly disheartening. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend utilizing resources including people who have used it before, as they are your best opportunity to learning the system. For the most part however, you will learn how to use it through everyday problem solving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been using my coworkers as aid and guidance since they are familiar with the software and understand its short comings. I've become pretty good at doing the actions that I do most frequently when I work, however, if a new problem were to arise I would have no idea how to solve it. I have realized however, how rewarding it is to know how to do something and be able to teach someone else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Active net has been a wonderful asset to my team, whiie keeping all our guest's reservations in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the overall design of the software, it looks like something out of 2003. It could definitely update its overall look. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of accuracy and our team has benefited from overall organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Coordinator
What do you like best?

Tons of tutorials so you can always look up how to do something if you don't know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You pay a lot for a slow, complicated, and feature-lacking program. Inputting information can take forever and there is no way to speed up the process, training new people is laborious, and some of the features are still incredibly dated. There is no free trial either so you can't test drive the software, you have to pay to figure out you don't like it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing inventory, signing-in, registering, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

ActiveNet was described to me as "Like Amazon, but for program registration" and I concur with that statement! It was very easy to add programs, manage programs, track registrations, print rosters and just take the hassle out of managing this portion of our organization's programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't any major areas that I disliked. I enjoyed as an end user pretty much all the features. Some of the terminology was difficult to decipher when you had a complicated registration piece (ex. an early bird discount that ran out on X day, while also calculating sibling discounts, youth discounts, etc.) but otherwise no major problems! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm not aware of the cost as much as someone else farther along in the company. It was definitely easy to see changes you made in real time, and working with our IT department to make sure everything aligned well, we were able to make adjustments on the fly and not impact service to our customers. There are a lot of features, too, so see if its ROI is right for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ACTIVE replaced a system that had been in place for 5+ years. It really was a much cleaner interface, and being web-based, more integrated in how the registrants were able to interact with it as well. If there was an update that needed to be pushed, it would be done easily and quickly. It also was able to help spread the responsibility to lower-level management like myself to be able to manage and update programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I have good experience working with this solution. I like many aspects of this platform. I especially like the possibility of mass mailing, for example, when I want to send Christmas wishes to many people or send any information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Generally, this solution is helpful, but I don' t like the interface of this product. In my opinion, it's not very friendly, but I also think that this isn't a big problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

People who (like me) do not like the interface of this product I recommend to be patient, wait and get acquainted with this product. Over time, using this solution will be a pleasure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to use marketing help, I can prepare content for offers and reach customers. I believe that this solution improves the efficiency of communication and, in general, the efficiency of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

Well set up site to stay in the loop for an active lifestyle Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

ability to have subscription discount based upon health insurance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Coworkers being able to participate and stay organized and informed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It is pretty user friendly once you complete a training. Gives you the ability to create reservations in multiples ways and look up past customers as well as easily add buttons for POS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to easily add rental equipment and manage gear for gear libraries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to handle cash for events that require a program fee. Able to collect payment over the phone instead of running a credit card Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Active stores all of our information and is the software we use to sign people up for programs, rent rooms in our facility, and create pool memberships. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how an automatic receipt is sent to the user's email that makes them log in to view it. I also wish Active had an easier way to set up schedules on leagues. The fee for the surcharge is not cheap and when we refund someone if a class was cancelled, we have to then pay them the surcharge back out of our pocket and Active still keeps the profit of us using the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy and can meet all of your company's needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is a way to keep all of our participants' information in the system, sign them up for our programs, and create receipt numbers that are easy to track. I love printing off rosters and the email/text communication. It is wonderful to send a mass email to thousands of people to tell them about something upcoming. We also use that database to get address' to print for labels to send out brochures every season. I also used Active Network at my last job too, which was an easy transition because I was very familiar with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

Active Network is very clean and user-friendly. It's multiplatform and mobile friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Active Network is that they aren't flexible with payment options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I use it for Summer Camp management. I use it for signups, reporting, bill play and everything. It's slick and easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Management, Event Sign-up, and payment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Active Network programs allow me to create material that bring team engagement to an all time high. The Active Network allows you to group work and have staff interact hands on with the technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Active tool bars are a little difficult to navigate and the interface can be difficult if you are not as experienced with technology. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At first the program is difficult to navigate, be patient because the benefits of the program will outweigh the learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Active network has solved issues with staff instruction, creating more engaging work across all units. Adding consistancy to work across all departments using the same software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

That is is web based and easy to learn yet very in depth with options for getting options setup. I have been using this software on an off for the past 15 years and I love how it has gotten easier to use over the years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Relies heavily on a different reporting structue that needs dedicated time to manage and understand.The current version we have is not accessible via a cellphone but would be nice to has an app verison to gain access as needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it before you buy it - have them do demos either live or via web conference Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can easily integrate into anythin we do in our line of work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

I like that ActiveNet allows for seamless registration and program management, and allows for export of data into various formats with Crystal Reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, the export feature of reports can lag and be slow. The printing options are not as versatile as they could be. Changing the default printer is difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Active Net allows for seamless registration and for management of program participants. I have realized that Active Net allows for through POS integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Tools Manager
What do you like best?

I like that it provides full integration between registration > exhibitor resource center > speaker resource center > session scheduling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to navigate admin. Not very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You may want to ask Lanyon about their newer Conference products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1 integration solution for all of our conference needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for ACTIVEWorks for Parks & Recreation?