17hats Reviews & Product Details

17hats Overview

What is 17hats?

17hats is a client management software that help entrepreneurs do the work anytime, anywhere from sending contracts to payment reminders, accepting signatures and credit cards online and it integrates with calendar and email.

17hats Details
Discussions
17hats Community

17hats
2014
Los Angeles, CA
@17hatsHQ
Answer a few questions to help the 17hats community
Have you used 17hats before?

17hats Reviews

Showing 60 17hats reviews
Already have 17hats?
What do you like best?

I liked that I could manage my client communication and have estimates and invoices and contracts all go out from the same system. I also liked that I could export my client list to a CSV file. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't integrate well with Quickbooks, and it mucks up the categories that my accountant recommends. Therefore, since I'd rather not use both, I'm choosing to drop 17hats. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It may be perfect for you, but I suspect that the company isn't doing as well as it was. The website hasn't changed for years. But if it checks out, and customer service is still solid, try it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed something that would allow my to have clients approve estimates and contracts. For this, it has been very helpful. I also like that I can save clients and prospects separately, which helps my marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Inspirational Keynote Speaker
Professional Training & Coaching
What do you like best?

There are different things that I enjoy about this platform - it's a great program for startups and entrepreneurs.

Their automation has gotten so much better, and I love the fact that we can create workflows that we can automatically send Agreements, Questionnaires and invoices to our clients.

You can time track and save files for all of your clients. Even email directly from there after you connect your email server! Also, you are able to add your logo to all files to make it look more professional. Best of all, it's incredibly affordable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish you there was a forwarding feature for emails so that I could follow up with a message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

organization of overall internal business and leads, ability to track invoices and get paid quicker. Ability to create questionnaires easily and invoices that provide multiple options that automatically generates the appropriate price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love 17hats’ automation for intake, emails, workflows, etc. It takes so much work off of my shoulders and lets me spend more time doing the fun parts. I don’t have to send an email every time a customer makes an inquiry - that’s already handled. I don’t have to write a new contract every time - that’s done and filed with the customer’s information. It’s really invaluable the amount of time this has saved me.

I am also a huge fan of the landing screen for projects. I’m able to put as much information as I want to be able to see from a single screen so I know who is where, when, and for how long without any extra clicks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The accounting software is too basic for my liking. It may be fine for some, but it doesn’t have many of the functions I really need to feel like my books are in order. Thankfully it does have integration with Zapier so I can sync over invoices and customer info to an outside accounting software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to spend a little bit of time working on your processes to find out what works best for you.

Don’t expect it to do everything. It does what it does well. I’m fine with having to take parts of my processes to other companies. (I use external software for forms, accounting and scheduling)

Don’t be afraid to use customer service. It’s a skilled team of help techs, not your typical baseline IT team sending you copy/paste FAQs. They love their work and they want to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to spend a lot of time on the grunt work of customer interaction. Not the fun part where you get to know them and why they want to work with you, but the sending of things and following up and the emails that look the same every time. It’s so nice to have those parts handled for me. They also have a customer portal which allows the customer to see everything at a glance without having to look for it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Project and contact organization is by far the best thing about 17hats. You can have multiple projects per client and multiple clients per project. You can set up workflows to automate emails and keep track of tasks as a project develops. All email and phone correspondence is logged per project to easily keep up with communication and it syncs with all Google products. It's also a complete accounting software, invoicing software, and contract software. Easily send contracts or quotes with electronic signatures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to set up, workflows are particularly tricky. The only thing I wish they would revise or change is the way that they process refunds for clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

17hats was originally made for entrepreneurs and photographers, but it has grown so far beyond that. I use it for both a website design company and a wedding planner. I know of three others that currently use it for a wedding venue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've used 17hats in my work as a website designer and as a wedding planner. Being able to send contracts, invoices, reoccurring invoices, and keep track of all my ongoing projects is a lifesaver. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like best how everything is stirred in one easy to access place. I live that I can see when a client has viewed a document. I love how I can create documents exactly with my preferences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there isn't an app! I also don't like that you can not view or adjust payment information from mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Create a fully functioning app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Time is the number one problem 17hats solves Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The fact that it sends out invoicing and contracts for signatures. It has made my business much better for that reason alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes little features like deleting an invoice versus putting pause on an invoice would be appreciated if clients chose to temporary stop service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating invoices by hand and also getting esignatures — we are now a paper free company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

It's easy to set up workflows and have contracts, questionnaires, and emails sent automatically. You can set up payment plans pretty easily so clients can spread big purchases over several months. You can set up your contact form on your website to link directly to 17hats and input them as a lead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They're not very receptive to customer requests and things that have been asked for for literally years are ignored. There's no scheduling. There are a fair number of things that aren't intuitive. There's no Zapier integration. The payment plan setup isn't the best. It's tricky to set it up exactly how I want it for some clients based on when and how much they want Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm in the process of switching to a more robust CRM system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes it easy to book clients. My studio manager can do it without my having to log in. It makes it easy to stay in touch with the clients by sending emails automatically, including reminders. It sends out questionnaires automatically so that I can customize the sessions for each client. It allows me to set up payment plans so that clients can spread out big purchases over time, making it easier to spend more. It also means that my revenue is spread out so that I have income coming in every month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up documents that fit our branding and can make it simple to send a quote, invoice and contract based off of templates we have created. It looks professional, clean, and I love how you can see if the documents have been opened or not! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It does take some time to understand how to use the system mainly because it does have so many features. It has been a trial and error process, but after reading through tutorials I was able to catch on to it quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would give yourself some time to figure out all the in's and out's of the program before getting disheartened. It's not difficult to use, but it does take some time to understand the processes that work best for your company and work flow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were spending so much time emailing back and forth between employees to edit and add information to quotes or invoices, but with 17hats we are able to login and make corrections in there. It's so nice to have populated email templates for sending invoices or quotes or contracts too! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

17hats offers a ton of features and I find it easy to use, and over the years I’ve been with them I’ve seen them add lots of new and awesome features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s definitely quirky and often I can’t get something to work right. I can always find a work around but it’s still annoying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great software that gets the job done. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client management, client questionnaires, contracts, invoicing, proposals. The software offers a lot of benefits and it’s so convenient for me to be able to do everything online with my clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

17hats is a very versatile, comprehensive CRM and business management tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No super intuitive in all areas. Some functions are easy to use, others not so much. BUT they have excellent customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I love how you can track from “lead through to client” with emails, invoicing, calendar, contact forms, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Marketing and Blog Manager
What do you like best?

Ability to keep client files separated with reminders of to-do lists for each client Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app is not user friendly, but the desktop version is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can streamline our booking process to ensure no client slips through the cracks with the workflow feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

I like the organization it provides when managing projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can get a little messy when there are a lot of data/information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using it for better organization in our communication with clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Licensed Real Estate Agent
Real Estate
What do you like best?

We used to have to log into 5 different programs just to go through one transaction with my client. This program is all those programs put into one. Easy to use and really organizes the day to day transactions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app for the this program is not as good and lacks most of the features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I used to have to use PayPal, Excel sheets, email and Trello to organize and process transactions. This program has elemenated the need for multiple programs and has saved us time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner and lead photographer
What do you like best?

Ease of use and myriad of options for client management, payment options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not able to link to Facebook like honeybook Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don’t already have a CRM, 17 hats offers incredible value for the pricepoint. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client management, keeping all relevant documents, contacts, invoices, leads, and data in one organized platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Manager
What do you like best?

This is the ultimate small business organization solution. We use this on a daily basis to perform our day to day transactions. Best part is the built in intagrations like paypal, stripe and quicken Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While the online version is spectacular, the mobile site lacks a bit. I wish they had a better mobile app Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the integrations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have replaced half of our systems with just this one program. It's really streamlined our workflow process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

owner
What do you like best?

I love how easy this is to use and how many problems it's solved for our business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app for the phone is terrible! I wish they would spend some time and money on enhancing this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strongly suggest you add the plug ins like quicken. Makes bookeeping a breeze Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were able to replace several programs with just this one program. I am able to organize a project from beginning to end. We can send a quote, contract, invoice and workflow all in one sitting. An absolutely amazing program Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

I can keep all my clients organized with workflows as well as invoices and contracts, all done digitally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be a little clunky and not the most user friendly. There are items in places you wouldn't expect to find them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Starting from scratch is best but if you are coming from another program, have them help you set it up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use this mainly for keeping "files" on all my clients. It organizes your contracts and invoices. Everything can be done digitally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder, Co Owner, & Designer
Design
What do you like best?

I LOVE that it houses everything that's related to a project in one big project file but keeps it all organized. Other features I love are the client portal, the invoicing and contracts, and the workflows tool. They also allow you to embed your lead capture forms directly into your website so that all of the info populates right into your files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I think they could improve upon are their integrations. They are always growing and will most likely improve this, but for now I think it's limited. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This helps me organize all my projects, keep track of where I am at in every workflow, keeps my calendar organized, and allows me to get paid and get contracts signed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Construction
What do you like best?

When I was looking at CRM options, none of them covered everything I wanted. And most still required me to enter the same data over and over in multiple programs that weren't really compatible. When I tried 17hats, it had nearly all the items I was looking for and little need for other programs/ integrations. Since I started using it several years ago, it has added a tremendous number of features and now can even have multiple users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The accounting portion of the program is weak, so I still have to use a separate program. It integrates with Quickbooks only, and I HATE Quickbooks. The multi-user functions still needs some improvement as well with the way it handles emails. Not a big deal for us, but I think it could be problematic for larger companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you get the free trial, really set up the various components and get into all the options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had a problem with keeping track of leads prior to using 17hats, as well as keeping track of where my projects were in process. I now have a lead generation page on our website that automatically enters into 17hats, then creates a workflow that keeps me on task, lets me send out stock quotes and contracts, invoices and questionnaires. There are features that I didn't know I needed, but that have made me much more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I love that when a new lead comes in from my website, that a chain of events is set in motion and emails are sent automatically to keep the lead engaged. I love that my accounting, my phone call notes, my emails to and from clients are all in one place in that client's portal! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it feels like there is somewhat of a lack of intuition in the software. I did have to set it up from scratch, there were not any cogs in my wheel until I put them there. However, that also means that my workflow is my own, and each client gets the same experience with my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this code to get a great discount: https://www.17hats.com/card/wdfttncvpc

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No one falls through the cracks! Every client is our into a step by step workflow which ensures that I never miss a thing. I'm reminded to send a thank you card at the same time in each client's process--even little things like that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
Events Services
What do you like best?

I love how professional this software is. The client portal puts me way ahead of my competitors. The simplicity of capturing leads, converting them to clients, and managing projects is incredible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile experience is terrible. Updates are said to be coming very soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The support is fantastic. The CEO even pops in to the Facebook user group to listen and help. This is great for photographers, event planners, and entertainers. I would advise looking elsewhere if you need a full point of sale/detailed inventory tracking, or if you are a healthcare practice as it is not HIPAA compliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

17hats enables me to focus more on my clients and less on the administration. The automation features give the client a feel of working with a large company, while they get the attention and service of a small business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Content Marketing Manager
Financial Services
What do you like best?

17hats is easy to figure out, even if you skip the demos and tutorials (which I did). The interface is intuitive and I was able to set up client accounts and projects in just a few minutes. I like the the various to-do lists, the ability to send invoice reminders, and the way the bookkeeping transactions can be organized by account. Overall, a streamlined experience from start to finish. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The dealbreaker for me was pricing. It's cheaper to commit to an annual plan, but I just didn't have the funds to do that when I was getting my company started. I opted for the monthly fee of $29 for the first year, but then 17hats upped the price to a whopping $37 a month - a pretty massive increase. Options like Wave and Freshbooks have free and/or substantially cheaper options (although theirs don't include the CRM features that 17hats has) so I couldn't keep justifying the cost. I deleted my account today and switched over to Wave. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You get what you pay for - the software has everything you need to run a very small business effectively. It's nice to have your whole business housed in one software. I switched to another software because 17hats had more features than I really needed and I preferred to just save some money each month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

17hats helped me closely track expenses and tax deductions so I could keep the business profitable and write off as much as possible when tax season rolled around. The option to run P&L reports and supply everything to my tax accountant was very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that everything can be seen in one place and integrated into other systems that i use such as google calendar. There are plenty of different templates created by 17 hats that have helped to set my business up for success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it doesn't update activity on the app in correct time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to have all my contracts, contact, questionnaires and more in one place. I have become much more organized and can guarantee that all my bases are covered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Ease of access in navigation, invoicing features, ongoing project management features. Very customizable, email automation features are great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

UI can be a bit clunky at times, having to retrace steps to get back to a project/client. I wish it had more features and was more versatile when it came to project management Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a more affordable option that is totally worth it if it meets your needs. Support is really incredible and they roll out features fairly regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client management is the main use of 17hats. It's really great to automate quotes, invoices, contracts, etc.. so that I dont have to manually add each step of the process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.