xfinity usage meter

Python/selenium script to get Xfinity bandwidth usage from Xfinity MyAccount website. Has an easily-usable command line entrypoint as well as a usable Python API, and an entrypoint to send usage to Graphite.

Work for xfinity usage meter?

Learning about xfinity usage meter?

xfinity usage meter Reviews

Showing 17 xfinity usage meter reviews
xfinity usage meter review by Russ W.
Russ W.

"Great monitor for financial managers"

What do you like best?

The xfinity usage meter is a great tool that financial managers like me use to monitor the data usage of individual groups within the firm. It allows us to avoid overages and I can assign access to a financial analyst.

What do you dislike?

The xfinity usage meter is sometimes confusing to use and could use some more support from Xfinity. Otherwise, besides the fact that overages are possible and exist, there's not much more to dislike.

The business problems solved with the xfinity usage meter is the reduction in overages and cost overruns when it comes to data usage due to irresponsible behavior. This allows us to gauge our usage towards the terms of service that Xfinity requires us to follow.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about xfinity usage meter
xfinity usage meter review by User

"An overly simple interface leads to a basic, limited value tool"

What do you like best?

When evaluating any tool or resource for my business I consider two basic elements - function (which ultimately leads to the benefit to my business) and simplicity (which translates to ease of use). In this case, this tool is simple to use but as a result, offers a limited functionality and therefore limited benefit. As an example, one of the redeeming qualities of this tool is that it is very easy to access from the main account page. Also, the bar graph feature makes it really simple to gauge your general usage compared to other months. Other than these two items there is not much additional value to this particular tool.

What do you dislike?

Two main frustrations... 1) it only shows you the past 6 months of usage data. It will be more beneficial if it went back 24 months. This would allow me to compare seasonal usage. 2) There is literally no additional information on what is driving the usage. They can tell which device is online and also have a feature that tells me how much each device is currently utilizing the data but the usage meter tool doesn't offer any of that information here. Seems like a big miss to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No particular recommendation either way for someone considering using this tool.

We have not seen any particular business problems solved by using xfinity usage meter nor have we realized any particular benefits.

What Python Package solution do you use?

xfinity usage meter review by Alex  G.
Alex G.

"Xfinity Usage Meter"

What do you like best?

I really liked how the Xfinity Usage meter allowed me to see how much data I was using in real time. It has helped our business manage how much we are using at one time.

What do you dislike?

I do not liked Comcast who owns Xfinity, the customer service is slow, and the people can be rude. Once it is set up it is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Xfinity usage meter is great to avoid overloading servers.

The Xfinity usage meter has solved our "Server Overload Issue" before we overloaed the server running programs al the time, now we can monitor our usage and we never overload. It is amazing and i am so happy.

xfinity usage meter review by Evan W.
Evan W.

"Xfinity usage meter review 2019"

What do you like best?

I like how the allows me to track the amount of data we have used and not overload the server. My boss used to get mad when we would go over and ever since we started using this we have not overloaded the server.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the company xfinity it think the customer service is terrible and i would rather have picked something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to measure usage.

It has solved our problem of overloading the server. We can accurately track how much we have used with this. It has saved us money and has taken the stress out of running our programs.

xfinity usage meter review by Steve M.
Steve M.

"Usage tracking for support team"

What do you like best?

I am tasked with managing the amount of data that our support team uses and the Xfinity usage meter lets me take the lead and clearly view data usage over the course of our Xfinity billing period.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how Xfinity mandates overages for their services and that I have to keep an eye on the meter throughout the month.

The business problems I am solving with the xfinity usage meter is really on the financial end. I am able to use this meter to adequately gauge data use and ensure that we do not encounter cost overruns for the billing period.

xfinity usage meter review by Theodore L.
Theodore L.

"Xfinity usage meter for monitoring data usage for overage"

What do you like best?

Xfinity usage meter is best for monitoring monthly bandwidth usage and that is the best feature I get out of this tool as a senior analyst on the business team.

What do you dislike?

Xfinity overage policies are a bit upsetting because it results in extra bandwidth costs per month on our team.

I need to prevent cost overruns on my team due to excessive data usage from off task activities and constantly monitor the usage to see what's going on. The benefit has been the prevention of cost overruns which relates to our financial operations.

xfinity usage meter review by Devin P.
Devin P.

"Xfinity usage meter is best for monitoring data usage"

What do you like best?

My boss gets mad when we are near the bandwidth limit because overages are expensive and I can monitor my usage along with a few others on our internet connection with xfinity usage meter.

What do you dislike?

I think I dislike how xfinity has overages to begin with and find that to be annoying overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Xfinity usage meter is a product that is a must-use in any team that uses Xfinity.

Xfinity usage meter is the tool I use to ensure that my team don't hit massive overages. It's reduced cost and surprises over all.

xfinity usage meter review by Gregory G.
Gregory G.

"Usage meter for preventing overages."

What do you like best?

The xfinity usage meter lets me prevent overages on my business analyst team because boss tasked me to make sure we do not have overages each month. It is simple, effective, and gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Xfinity has the concept of overages as it is very annoying and another workstream for me to handle during my employment.

The business problems I am solving with xfinity usage meter is cost reduction and the avoidance of cost overruns. This has been the main benefit and it is great.

xfinity usage meter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"New Xfinity Data User"

What do you like best?

Xfinity usage meter allows you to immediately see how much data your devices require. This allows me to check in on my usage and understand what level of data I require based on when I am working from home. It also helps me to see if I need to increase my data bandwidth for work file downloads.

What do you dislike?

Often times if you check your usage meter before there is enough data it gives you and error that is confusing, but it should simply say there is not yet usage to record. This would make it easier to understand

The xfinity usage meter helps me to accurately account to our IT team how much data my day to day work requires when I am away from the office. I otherwise would need another service to record my usage.

xfinity usage meter review by David N.
David N.

"Usage monitoring for Xfinity service"

What do you like best?

Xfinity usage meter lets me track usage across my team and make sure we're on par with our monthly allotment of data. It is simple and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the Xfinity service has mandated overages over 250GB and that's kind of hard for me to work with.

Xfinity usage meter is great in preventing overruns in cost due to irresponsible data usage on our team. That helps finance and accounting a lot in the long run.

xfinity usage meter review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Keeping tabs on internet usage"

What do you like best?

The xfinity usage meter keeps us in the know as to how much data we're using as a team. It's important to keep tabs on this.

What do you dislike?

Xfinity as a company is sometimes iffy with their support. I think the company can do a lot more service wise.

Xfinity usage meter makes sure that we're not incurring monthly overages from excessive data use. It's allowed me to monitor our network better.

xfinity usage meter review by Rushi C.
Rushi C.

"The best usage meter for making sure there are no overages"

What do you like best?

Xfinity usage meter helps prevent overages and that is the best usage for the application. It clearly shows me how much data has been used for the current period

What do you dislike?

I dislike how xfinity charges for data overages to begin with.

The business problems I'm solving with the xfinity usage meter is the ability to take data and present it so that we do not have cost overruns.

xfinity usage meter review by User

"Usage monitor in the accounting department"

What do you like best?

The xfinity usage meter tells me exactly what I need to know -- how much our accounting department has used in terms of data.

What do you dislike?

Xfinity has a usage cap and I think that's heavily unnatural because of the nature of the internet today.

The business problems I'm solving with xfinity usage meter is the ability to see clearly how much data we've used and avoid cost overruns.

xfinity usage meter review by Alex J.
Alex J.

"Monitoring our internet connection for overages"

What do you like best?

The xfinity usage meter does what it has to do -- it keeps a tracked and updated meter on usage and is easy to read.

What do you dislike?

I dont like xfinity as a company due to the brand image. But other than that no dislike.

The business problem being solved is really avoiding overages. That's really the sole benefit I've helped the marketing group realize.

xfinity usage meter review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Great meter for our groups internet usage"

What do you like best?

The xfinity usage meter is a great tool that lets me check how much data we have used

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike, I think I don't like xfinity's whole bandwidth limit to be honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Xfinity usage meter is great for any team to monitor their overall usage!

Xfinity usage meter lets us monitor our data usage so we dont get hit by overages.

xfinity usage meter review by User

"Easy Way to Monitor Data Usage"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to look at the graphs provided to check for data usage to prevent data overages. The interface is user friendly and it is easy to identify how much allocation you have left for the month.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike, it does seem like a tool that is not needed because it is almost impossible to go over the allocated amount of usage for a given time period.

It prevents extra fees from occurring , prevents us from using too much data, and can save money.

xfinity usage meter review by User in Higher Education

"Fairly Unnecesary, but Glad it Exists"

What do you like best?

It's useful to know where you sit with data usage. Especially knowing there are thresholds that add additional fees.

What do you dislike?

I'm not compelled to use it often. Not because it isn't usable, but because the usage data is really only useful for absurdly large data thresholds that don't really affect most people, myself included.

Keeping track of data usage.

Learning about xfinity usage meter?

* We monitor all xfinity usage meter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.