Trakstar Reviews & Product Details

Trakstar Overview

What is Trakstar?

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal and Employee Engagement software helps your organization manage performance reviews, 360 feedback, employee engagement surveys, 360-degree/multi-rater feedback, and goals. You can build customized appraisal forms, build personalized processes, set SMART goals, and create flexible notification workflows to meet the needs of your organization. Trakstar's rich feature set and interface are available at a reasonable cost, and implementation is customized for your company and you. Trakstar offers a free trial, price quote, or a live demo from a real person when you sign up today.

Trakstar Details

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software helps HR and your organization manage feedback, goals and reviews. You can build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. 360/Multi-rater feedback is an option. Trakstar's rich feature set and visually appealing interface are available at a reasonable cost. Implementation is customized for you. Trakstar offers a free trial, price quote, or a live demo from a real person.

Trakstar is extremely flexible and administrators are given all of the tools to make real-time adjustments to their performance review or employee engagement process without additional costs or having to enlist the help of a support team. That being said, Trakstar's customer support team is a cut above the rest, too! They will go above and beyond on the phone and by email to train administrators and their staff, as well as keep each organization's system running smoothly. All of this is offered at an affordable price for organizations of any size.

Applied Training Systems
2001
Seattle, WA
@trakstar_hr
393 Twitter followers

Trakstar Videos

Trakstar Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Trakstar community
Have you used Trakstar before?

Trakstar Reviews

Showing 168 Trakstar reviews
Already have Trakstar?
Director of Operations
What do you like best?

1. The communication during the sales process/initial set up was excellent. I looked at 7 other systems and this met our needs more than any other software solution. Cost is reasonable, as well.

2. The ability to customize to our needs is excellent. It is very easy for me, as an administrator, to change just about anything.

3. It is very intuitive and it was easy for me to train our leadership and employees on use of the software.

4. Customer support is excellent and responsive. I had several issues prior to our recent roll out and each person I dealt with was extremely helpful. Special shout out to Chelsea Baker and Grace Clements-Ray. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only challenge I had was allowing my two owners to complete their reviews because they do not have managers. We had to create a separate account so they can log in and complete reviews on each other. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow their team to give you a demo and walk you through this excellent software solution. I cannot speak for larger business, but if you have a small business, I highly recommend Trakstar. Customer experience is 2nd to none. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are just getting started, but adding the Strategic Goals is giving our Department Leads an excellent top-down view to set department and individual team member goals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Documentation, Customer Service Response, Improvement Ratings Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We wish this could be integrated with Salesforce to make it one less platform that our staff have to log into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're an organization looking to keep track, improve, or document employee performance, overall morale, or as team growth, this program is extremely thorough and on point with what you need. We implemented it with performance reviews in mind and ended up using it for more than just that. We've implemented weekly check-in's with managers on how they are doing, polls for scheduling meetings, surveys for our members, etc. The most valuable it has been, however, was the ability to pull documentation for an unexpected legal matter that happened within our organization. Trakstar saved us a lot of money and heartache thanks to our staff using notes and having quarterly documented reviews! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We unfortunately had an unexpected legal issue come up and the documentation and appraisals of an individual actually saved us on a legal side of things. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

How easy the user interface is. I have seen a good number of various performance review systems and this one is by far the easiest both from a user function and an administrator function. I think it's awesome the way you can add a section that once completed populates a 9 box. In my past roles I have had to have two separate events, one for performance reviewing and calibration sessions and one for a talent review where the 9 box is created. I also love that both the leader and the employee can add notes and attachments. There is a lot of time where when it comes time to complete performance reviews Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much - I dont love the date range restrictions. For instance, when creating a review and then opening up the self assessment piece and then later opening the leadership assessment piece, I found it difficult to put dates on those various times. I want to be able to open the tool on a certain date and close it on a certain date for editing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say to look at the other various options out there compared to trackstar, however, I say that from the perspective of using a lot of other systems and recognize the ease of this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our ability to provide valuable feedback and house that feedback in a central location. The benefits are that we are using the tool for goal setting and leadership development and succession planning and really building out the talent development of our organization. We are also using the tool to gauge individual performance that is tied to our bonus plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The 360 degree feedback and ongoing notes that can be taken on the spot, housed in a centralized location, to make performance reviews better. With the ability for employees to go into the system to view comments shared by their managers and to see the percentage completed for any goal set forth will assist our internal employees to continue growing in their role.

The other feature that enhances our internal process is the managers ability to document notes that are hidden to the employee. Little examples of learning moments or job responsibility mishaps can be saved, reviewed and discussed at the time of the review. Our company was losing out on many learning moments because managers could not remember each and every piece of the employees semi-annual or annual evaluation period. This will give the opportunity for continuing internal growth of each individual employee which will assist us in continuing to grow as a company.

The final portion of the software that is beneficial is the tiered approval system and "count down" to when reviews take place. Instead of reviewing word documents and meeting, now after Manager 1 completes the review - it is sent to Manager 2 to review (approve or decline) as well as adding additional notes that perhaps another missed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this time, nothing! The system is great. We are looking to put this software into full production on 01/01/2021 however after going through all of the trainings, implementation phases and now roll-out - the company is excited to put it into practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are having issues with appropriate tracking of goals, measurements on them or documenting appropriate feedback for the company's employees - you need to set up a demo with TrakStar to see how you can enhance your overall production! Also, the customer service from start, to implementation and Go-Live has been absolutely amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company had issues with management not taking effective notes or following up on development goals. This system allows for ongoing monitoring and live-time feedback options to ensure all employees are constantly growing! TrakStar is assisting Trusted in creating a fuller, more valuable, evaluation which should increase the overall productivity of each division.

The other problem that is being solved with this software is the ability for Upper Management/Executive Management to be able to receive feedback on Mid-Level Managers. The 360 degree feedback system will allow Upper Management/Executive Management to see what the Entry or Ground Level employees feel or believe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that its very easy to navigate. And everything is very centralized so you don't have to go to far to find what your looking for. I also like the persistent reminders and notifications that it sends to inform you when a task needs to be completed. The note section is also a pretty useful tool to take notes on progress which is basically a necessity in today's workforce. Another thing that stands out to me is how you can track data in the measurement sections. I also like the reports sections and how you can utilize it to track performance history as well as the performance rating. This is imperative for anyone who serves as a manager and needs to track useful data to ensure the forward progression in the department. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've been using trakstar for a few years now and I've never had a negative experience using it that's why I've previously expressed that I would highly recommend it to others. However, I feel like with the progress with today's technology. A helpful library of "how to videos" would definitely be a little more helpful for the user who aren't very tech savvy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly suggest any agency looking to get the best out of a measuring tool to invest in this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This specific tool has helped my department meet our objectives and deliverables. It also also me to help staff set goals and track performance. The benefits are having a progressive tool at my fingertips that I can utilize to motivate staff, track their performance, as well as short or long term goals and also complete their 6 month and 12months reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, Operations & HR
What do you like best?

We have used Trakstar for a full review cycle (Mid-year and Annual Review Process). I appreciate the ease of navigating the platform (Multiple points of access to Dashboard Data), Customizable Review Form, Review Process Analytics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our organization has completed multiple iterations of our review process, rating scales, and form layout since we originally launched with Trakstar in April 2019. Our implementation specialist (Cherry) was awesome. At the point, our org shifted decided to revise our approach, obtaining help with updating the current format was challenging. Support in the form of emailing customer support often resulted in canned responses that referred me to an article to read that did not address the configuration gap I was experiencing. However, at the point, I could get support to agree to chat with me live, the matter was quickly remedied. Every live rep I engaged was extremely knowledgeable and proficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1.Eliminating annual only performance-related conversations between managers and direct reports by encouraging team engagement through notes.

2. Minimizing/eliminating the need to send one-off review process and deadline reminders as a result of a highly customizable email- push notification system.

3. Streamlining the time it takes to generate performance review status reports (by mgr, dept, & org) by using the reporting/report export features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy navigation and even our technology reluctant employees use it with little to no issues. The system allows for multiple supervisors to weigh in on goals and reviews. This system will help you manage your review period and ensure compliance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that comes to mind is if a key supervisor that manages several people leaves the organization, it can be a bit cumbersome to re-allocate every person they oversee. You have to make sure to re-allocate them first. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before, we had multiple people doing their own thing in a way. Using this system has helped us keep all reviews uniform which is great. It also helps with tracking the completion of reviews rather than having to individually bother every supervisor by email, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We are in the process of implementing Trakstar after looking at numerous options. The implementation process has been very easy, and our account manager has been very helpful in guiding us through the process. We like that Trakstar can be customized to fit our current process, and we will also be able to customize it to fit what we plan to implement in the coming years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing we dislike. We are rolling this out to our employees soon, so I can't yet comment on the training, but if it similar to the implementation process, there will be no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems or benefits so far. We are in the implementation phase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

I love the features of tracking staffs starting dates, anniversaries. You can add notes throughout the year about their performance and it makes it easier when it comes time for performance reviews. Also the survey feature sold us. It compiles everyones answers and lets you know what is the most common comment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a dislike for the system. It is just a habit that I have to train my self to use it more for notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth it to have it. I would definitely recommend it to others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Performance Reviews are easier to manage. Having all staff's anniversary dates in one place is also very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Customer service is very helpful -especially Grace. Grace was able to guide me through the overall platform of Trakstar. I found the videos she created explaining the steps or the reasons why things couldn't be changed very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

- Not being able to change Job Titles once reviews are sent out.

- Not being able to have multiple supervisors in one review. (360 rater does not allow to view manager's review)

- Having to do multiple changes in various areas in active employees and process. for example the archive date if change in a bulk edit on active employees then why need to change them in process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem experienced with Trakstar is the speed of the website. At times when doing bulk edits I would need to wait over 40 mins for the change.

The benefits to Trakstar is the layout of the forms, the email reminders and the scheduled built in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It provides an easy and fast way to evaluate based on items and ratings (from 1 to 5 stars), and it is also good that it lets you set your goals in conjunction with the manager. In addition, the 360-Rater (Multi-Raters) is an interesting feature that allows the employer to have a more complete evaluation based on, not only Manager's vision, but also from other colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The score and comments from Multi-Raters should be visible to the employee evaluated and not only to the Manager, in order to get a complete feedback, and possibilities to improve her/his performance. The name of the rater may remain anonymous, but it would be useful to have a clear vision of the grades obtained.

Although 360-Rater is a good and useful feature, the grade provided by the Manager should be the more valuable in terms of percentage of the final score (since he/she is the Direct boss and have a closer vision of the employee).

In addition, the Notes section could be improved, making it more visible or more attractive, so the employees are motivated to write notes. Also, it should be more visible for the raters, so they take into account the notes before providing a grade. Finally, Note section could be more complete , if more than one file could be attached per note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider what kind of items/values are you planning to evaluate, and how detailed do you want the employees to show the goals and achievements they have reached Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Trakstar provides a fast way to develop the employees appraisal. The employee can add notes at any time, to help her/his Manager to provide an accurate rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I love that Trackstar has ways to copy goals over. Many times, people on my team have the same or similar goals. Instead of having to rewrite each time, I can simply copy them over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would love to see more of would be notifications. I would like to receive push notifications or text notifications when things are completed, due, etc. Currently, a lot of my time related to trackstar is spent following up with my team to ensure they are keeping things up to date. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend doing a training with both administrators, manager style users, and end users to ensure that ALL roles understand what is expected before you implement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems I 've been solving include syncing the team's goals with goals set by leaders in the company. I've realized the benefit of being able to clearly monitor and track specific performance components and hold the teams accountable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Trakstar's support library is vast. I can usually find exactly the help I need by simply typing in a few words. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I simply put in a ticket the the Trakstar help desk. I don't think I've ever waited more than one hour for someone to get back to me with detailed instructions, including pictures of the process. If it's a little more complicated, the tech will suggest a screen share so neither of us is wasting valuable time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Creating my own forms and making changes is cumbersome. I have to have multiple windows open at once. The interface is slower and I have to wait longer for changes to save than I do on other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It has been one of the most impactful platforms we have instituted in the last several years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our performance evaluations have never been more on track. No pun intended! With the forms created and emails automated, we have a 95% completion rate by the end of our review period. Performance reviews are actually getting done and employees are getting routine feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Trakstar is very customizable to your company's needs and the support from our account rep has been terrific. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to use and cumbersome to make changes. Some of the notification settings are not beloved by members of the team. It can also be difficult to manage a high volume of reviews at once, particularly as you customize reviews to fit the needs of various departments in the organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would make sure to utilize your account rep, otherwise the site becomes exceptionally difficult to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We've revamped our annual review process and seen great engagement across the company. Managers are excited about the ability to document achievement and to utilize goal-setting elements of the systems Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

It's very user-friendly. We were able to keep the exact content from our review and the implementation and support teams have been/are wonderful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that we had to work around because there wasn't an easy way to include a document filled out and attached to the review without more steps outside of Trakstar.

We also initially thought it would be a great place to house our position descriptions but then realized that we would have to copy and paste everything into Trakstar vs. just attaching them so that piece hasn't been helpful to us at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We loved Trakstar because we did not want to change our payroll system or full HRIS system and were just looking at a performance management system. Because that is what Trakstar's focus is, they're really good at it. But, we're a small-to-mid-size company so there might be some companies looking for more resources or things available. So, definitely compare a few top runners and make sure it has the key components you're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Before it was a very manual process. This has made things so much smoother. It has put a lot more accountability on the managers to get them done on time. It has great reminders you can set up whereas before I was the one reminding everyone, checking to see which ones were overdue, etc. All of that is so much easier to see.

We also added the self-appraisal piece when we transitioned to Trakstar and I think that has also been a huge help and improvement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The bulk edit is a nice feature (for certain operations). The platform is very customizable as well. Unarchiving and resending reviews is actually pretty easy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Editing company-wide goals is tedious. Although you can bulk add goals as an administrator, you cannot bulk delete company goals. Instead, you have to proxy as every single manager to delete goals you set as a company, which feels like a waste of time. Also, entering new positions is time-consuming. If someone is promoted and the new position doesn't already exist, you can't just type in a new position. You have to create a whole new position first. Currently, our Trakstar isn't integrated with our HRIS (though I hear it will be in the future). So, there is very little automation, which means every single change, new manager, new position, termination, name change, etc, has to be done manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around for something automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows us to track employee performance and keep it in a cloud system. That's the main benefit. We can recycle company-wide goals year-to-year also. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Mary Tran of Trakstar

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We passed this along to our Product team so that we can look at making the goals and positions experience better. In case it's helpful, here's a link to learn more about our free API. It requires internal technical resources, but teams with development support can set up and sync data between their HRIS and Trakstar to remove the manual work between systems. Hope this helps, and thanks again for giving us ideas to improve the product.

See how Trakstar improved
What do you like best?

I love the opportunity to provide feedback and set up actions in the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Administration is not the most user friendly and can get confusing if you do not regularly use all parts of the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a fantastic appraisal and performance review program, Highly Recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Employee relations and general personal performance issues and problems we are predominantly solving Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of use for both the administrative and employees. The platform is completely friendly and unintimidating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything I don’t like about my Trakstar experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Life changing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company went from piles and piles of messy paper to this easy, clean electronic system making record keeping a breeze! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

this platform is so easy to use. I love that you can add notes and files during the year. this system really helps keep track of everything I will need for my review. I can dee my company using this platform for a very long time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

nothing its all great. I have had no problems. its simple to use and useful Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

no more documents! no more remembering what you did during the year. will help me get a great review Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Everything about the system that I have used so far is good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports can not be fully customized. For example, it generates the report using different colour schemes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try and you will be glad that you did it. Its so easy to use, the features are great. The reports, historical data, 360 degree feedback feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

performance management. 360 degree feedback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Human Resources Generalist
What do you like best?

I love the usability especially from the employee experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Currently Trakstar doesn't integrate with Alliance Allpay Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Moving from a complete manual process to a more electronic process has been so beneficial. Especially given the current times in 2020. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to email anyone who is missing a review Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot delete reviews that are not needed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

no recommendations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We could not send out emails at first and then we realized we were able to send them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

Peer review is a very powerful tool that allows you to simply assign reviews to other employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The archive function is a little clucky. Most of this is due to the way we use the system, but reviews are "new" every time and not cumulative for active projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spending the time to have clear concise questions in your template will simplify your review process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simply having one place for all of your employee reviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

So easy to go in and add notes and attach files throughout the year. Makes year end much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could easily see comparison of review scores year over year for each team member. This would help me see where there have been improvements (or inaction) for team members over time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You won't regret it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving the problem of having to remember how projects went over the year. Also adds a new layer of transparency housed in one spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.