4.3 out of 5
Do you work for Todoist?

Todoist Reviews & Product Details

What is Todoist?

Todoist is a simple yet powerful to-do list app that can help anyone get organized and achieve peace-of-mind, no matter where they are or what device they use. From planning large scale projects to simply remembering to pay the rent, Todoist helps get things out of your head and into your to-do list. Trusted by 10+ million people and praised as a life-changing app by The Guardian, USA Today, the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Lifehacker and more.

Todoist Screenshots

Todoist Profile Details

Todoist Profile Details

Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Doist

Todoist Reviews

1-50 of 349 total Todoist reviews

Todoist Reviews

1-50 of 349 total Todoist reviews
Todoist review by Brian M.
Multicultural Center: Multimedia Specialist
Design
Most Recent Todoist Video Review
Todoist review by Mélanie L.
Executive project manager

"Todoist - My favorite to-do app "

What do you like best?

Todoist is a simple to use application that allows you to create and edit to-do lists that significantly improve the organization of your work and team.

The main advantage of Todoist is the fact that this solution is available completely free of charge for mobile and web users so that users can use Todoist on a chosen operating system. Todoist allows you to assign label tasks and move them between different lists, so you can easily and pleasantly organize tasks in groups and subgroups. It is worth mentioning that the Todoist interface is very simple and pleasant to use, so we can with one mouse movement to create a new task or edit them.

What do you dislike?

When using Todoist, I did not notice any significant flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution that will allow you to plan your tasks and group tasks, you should consider trying Todoist for this purpose, especially since it has a trial plan and a free package.

Thanks to using Todoist I save a lot of time because I plan my day, so I don't miss important meetings and deadlines.

Todoist review by Lucia P.
Project Manager

"It helps me manage both my work and my personal projects"

What do you like best?

It is easy to divide projects into subprojects, and use sub-tasks to help divide tasks into manageable parts as well as divide tasks into smaller steps into a single header. It has a traditional list format. This is perfect for small businesses or teams. It's an advantage that has labels: the ability to tag tasks and projects and then filter them based on those labels is extremely useful. It has a natural language entry: the ability to quickly and easily add a date, a file, a file in a project or a person in the creation step.

What do you dislike?

I want to see a better visual organization in the form of custom icons for the tasks. Although there is the ability to change color, this is often not enough during complex use. It would also be very useful to assign tasks to several people or groups, rather than to a particular person. There are some peculiarities in the program, but nothing that prevents me from using it..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love being able to access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet and even directly in Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It has helped me keep track of things and be successful in school, work and at home. I recommend it, it is very practical, it has made a lot of work for me.

By using Todoist, we have ensured more effective tracking and an increase in our completion rate. It also allows you to share information more easily, which allows everyone to be informed. This software has been very effective in helping me to track not only personal tasks, but also to organize business projects in a team that operates in an office environment. not traditional.

The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial version that uses credit card information and is easy to cancel. In addition, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium and even large companies.

Todoist review by Jessica W.
Marketing Manager

"Todoist has sorted my schedules"

What do you like best?

I like it to be simple, I order all my day in Todoist, the tasks of work and even the tasks of my personal life are ordered by this wonderful application.

What do you dislike?

Todoist is available for both web and app use. You can schedule reminders and assign tasks to team members, and the format has a clean, user-friendly layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability to create sub-tasks ensures you get the main task done easily. Free one month trial where all features works convince users to buy this program. Multi-language support, multiple theme/color support, multiple platform support - Windows, MacOS, Android & iOS. Ability to share lists means wide possibilities for ex: a team could track their project goals.

Not that easy to use on the whole - thought it integrates with slack, the overall experience is confusing and not at all sleek when Wunderlist, Google keep, Trello, and jira exist, I am not sure why I'd choose this software.

Todoist review by Megan S.
Research assistant

"Excellent collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

I love how you can easily assign tasks with due dates within a project, which makes group collaboration on a larger project really streamlined and simple. I also love how you can easily creat reminders to respond to emails and it automatically recognizes and attached the email you have open.

What do you dislike?

Even though I like the easy access within my Gmail account, I wish there was a way to expand / export it so that it's not always only a minimized function inside my email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the integration capabilities - you can use it within your email, as an app on your phone, or through a web url, which makes it incredibly accessible no matter where you are.

It makes project management / task management significantly more streamlined. I used to have to use mtiple tools to collaborate / share with collaborators / set reminders and due dates, but with todoist it's all easily done within one tool.

Todoist review by Christian P.
Marketing Manager

"The best application to remember tasks"

What do you like best?

It's incredibly simple. I don't tend to use most of the customizations because the base functionality works for me. I also appreciate that they set you some default goals to hit and reward you for hitting them.

What do you dislike?

It is better if there is an action to undo anything if we have made an error. If there is more variety of segmentation it would be useful. It would be more beneficial is a subcategory is been given so that the user will not have scroll to the bottom to find out the task created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is convenient to synchronize Todoist in other Communication Tools (Mobile App, Web App). It also gives a graphical representation on the Productivity level this gives an Idea for people on how to Improve the Productivity in the next Task.

Todist helps people to remember and organize certain tasks. Todist allows to create a task and assign a specific date and deadline and follow up the task and it gives reminders to do those people will not forget and will be organized. It can also help in businesses where we will not miss out any task at the end of the day and there will be a self-satisfaction.

Todoist review by Sara B.
Customer Service Representative

"I like that Todoist helps me plan my day"

What do you like best?

ToDoist is simple to use and makes my every day planning easy. I can create tasks to be done every day/ every week and easily track it in my app, laptop. There is also lots of integration provided like with Alexa etc. You can share your day's list with others and there is an option to collaborate as well.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if they put a calendar into the app. List view is cool but seeing all the task in the whole calendar sometimes is a necessity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple, easy and full-featured. The Natural Language Processing is great - do X three times in 2 months and it will just sort it for you.

We used Todoist in our group in the company to share and manage our daily tasks with each other. The best thing about Todoist is managing your tasks in cross-platforms which makes your note-taking job easier. The other cool thing is Dark mode! I just love it.

Todoist review by Antoine S.
Apprenti performance industrielle

"Todoist - Review"

What do you like best?

Todoist is an application that allows you to manage to-do list. The main advantage of Todoist is that it is a free solution available on all major platforms. Another advantage of Todoist is that we can add a large number of tasks and lists, so we can plan our day in detail, and keep a few lists so that we can be better organized. It is also worth mentioning the possibility of commenting on tasks and labels that make it easier to filter our tasks. Plus, Todosist can be integrated with services so we can manage tasks from one place.

What do you dislike?

One of the drawbacks that I noticed during the months of using Todoist is the fact that it does not have a calendar function and I encountered difficulties in moving tasks to other lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an application that will make it easier for you to plan your day or tasks for work, you should consider trying Todoist, especially since they have a free trial plan!

Thanks to using Todoist I can manage my time better, and I am able to save important tasks so that I don't forget about them.

Todoist review by Kelly B.
Customer Services Agent
Internet

"Todoist manages my time in a better way"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. That's what I love most about this product! It is literally and simply an online to-do list. I've tried different online software to help me with time & project management. Most online software in this family offers too many features that it's almost overwhelming.

What do you dislike?

Some might consider the simplicity of this software to be a drawback as it has fewer features than other software of its kind. But honestly, that's what I like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist totally bridged the gap for people like me who just want a to-do list that I can store online and not lose on a sheet of paper on my desk. You can still create "project titles" and reoccurring tasks in Todoist, but the bottom line is it's simple.

I've been using Todoist for about a year now. It's the only time management/project management software that I've stuck to using for so long. And I've gone through so many! I literally cannot live without it! Most of the time I access it through a web browser on my laptop, but it offers an iPhone app as well which I use on occasion. If I think of something I need to do I can add it to Todoist in 10 sec and I'm more likely to not forgot to do whatever the task is. I love Todoist and would highly recommend this wonderful, simple online tool.

Todoist review by Steve S.
Management Consulting
(Myself Only)

"the best task management software out there"

What do you like best?

Todoist excels in two areas - one, the natural language abilities for writing a task cannot be beat. When writing a task you can easily type "every third Thursday" or "next Monday" and even more complex phrases. It doesn't seem like a huge deal, but when I've used other task managers, going to a calendar and manually clicking around for dates and times feels very primitive compared to Todoist's capabilities. Second, the interface is pleasant and easy to use, and is on literally EVERY platform/OS I can think of. The Windows 10 app is very slick, and the Android app is very lightweight, quick, and easy to look at. I don't have as much experience with other interfaces but the iOS app looks very sharp, too. It has a lot of additional bells and whistles - location-based reminders, team sharing, color coding, etc. - but those two features, for me, make it the best app to use to manage tasks.

What do you dislike?

Here's my one dislike: no start dates. Todoist is based around the idea of due dates as a task management system, and seems to stubbornly resist the idea of "start dates" - i.e. I don't want to see this task before date X. I've figured out workarounds - labeling tasks with "not ready" etc. - but I really wish this was an option. But it's not a huge deal and doesn't really affect my workflow that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try - it's the leader in task management for a reason!

Todoist just helps me stay on top of tasks. With the huge number of tasks most of us have in a day, just keeping track of them can become overwhelming if you don't have a good system. Todoist has let me stay focused on task completion rather than task tracking, and that alone makes it worth it.

Todoist review by Daniel E.
Human Resources Manager
Construction
(10,001+ employees)

"Perfect to handle daily tasks correctly"

What do you like best?

I like that Todoist makes going through tasks feel like a game, which has definitely improved my productivity. It has a free version and is easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

I think it is not designed very well for Android, sometimes it closes or errors appear, but in Windows and Chrome works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent and top-notch - I highly recommend it to all my colleagues and a few have switched. It helps you to carry out the daily tasks correctly, without getting lost on the way.

Super simple ease of use - everything is intuitive, and you can tell they invested a significant amount of resources into making this app as easy to use as possible. I make the joke, but honestly, they have done a great job at helping you use their service as little as possible because it does what you need it to do and then you don't have to waste any more time from there.

Todoist review by Emily J.
HR Manager
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Todoist is very good at organizing your daily tasks"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use with this product!! It is easy enough to use that it was a very simple integration with the rest of the company. It has made it so much easier to add tasks with the app and also being able to email myself the tasks to the list. There are also great learning tools.

What do you dislike?

I truthfully don't have anything that I don't like. Maybe making it easier when replying to emails that have the task list emails attached. Currently, it makes a new task every time there is a reply. It would be beneficial to have the replies go to the original task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is quite easy to use, any person gets used to it very quickly, has a panel very easy to understand, can schedule tasks and alerts you when you have many pending, I recommend it for people who need to organize.

Great way to keep me and other team members on task and manage projects with multiple team members - great for scheduling and deadlines. Integration with Google Calendar is KEY and makes task-lists very easy to visualize. Email reminders are also very helpful without being overwhelming.

Todoist review by Laurent M.
Site Director - VP Philips Lighting Poland

"Todoist - The day becomes simpler"

What do you like best?

Todoist is a very powerful application for managing tasks to perform and organization of time. The main advantage of this application is that in addition to Android, it is also available for iOS, popular web browsers and as add-ons for Outlook and Thunderbird. Another advantage of Todoist is the ability to set 4 levels of priorities for created tasks so that we can determine the order of tasks to be performed. The significant advantage that I noticed is that the Todoist keeps statistics for us, thanks to which we can learn a lot and the full story thanks to which we know how much we have done or how many tasks have not been done.

What do you dislike?

While using the Todoist I didn't notice any significant drawbacks that could affect my opinion about this product, the only drawback is that we can't easily restore the removed task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an application that allows you to plan your day and business plans, you should consider trying out the Todoist now, especially since a trial version is available.

Thanks to planning the day in Todoist, I manage time better, and as you know, time is money.

Todoist review by Jess S.
Senior SEO Specialist & Content Strategist (dual role)

"Easy to Use, Customizable, Great App"

What do you like best?

Todoist is easy to use, customizable for work or personal instances, and has a great mobile app. The premium features make it easy to collaborate with groups and log notes.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features - such as colors/skins - would be nice to see as free features while Todoist focuses more on premium working features for its paid members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be creative in developing new categories, adding tasks, and trying out all the features. There are a lot of new templates created by Todoist that you can try out as models or adapt for your own use. I'd highly suggest playing around with the premium features to determine which ones you'll need most. Notes and attachments are two go-to features for me.

I've realized new efficiencies in getting things done at work and at home. Todoist has helped me stay on top of regular, recurring tasks and helps me stay on top of the low-hanging fruit.

Todoist review by Eglee P.
Desarrollador web

"¡the best tool for day to day!"

What do you like best?

Todoist is a great application for the control of your daily activities, since they recommended it to me I do not stop using it.

I like to synchronize with other devices so I avoid forgetting some pending task and at the end of the day I can see my goals.

I love that it is multiplatform so I can keep control of my activities on any device that is.

What do you dislike?

I think the premium version is a bit expensive.

I would like that when marking a task as completed it goes to the end of the list and is visible but shaded, so that I can verify if I have already done a certain task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is the best tool you can use to be organized, just having the free version is enough for your activity to improve and have more short-term work goals

The performance of my day to day, organizes tasks from faster to slower.

I receive notifications to remember a meeting, party or pending task

Todoist review by Matheus K.
Freelancer
(Myself Only)

"A practical and simple way to organize your tasks and raise your productivity."

What do you like best?

The flow of the app is its best feature, with a daily reminder of the tasks to do. It hides the future tasks in a smart way in order to not overwhelm the user, showing only the tasks due today and ones who are late. Its really easy to plan future events or to plan the next week in advance, and its really easy to reschedule tasks if something unexpected happens.

What do you dislike?

The fact that both swiping right and clicking the name of a task does the same function, which is enabling the selection of multiple tasks to apply a single action to a batch. The older version used to have the swipe right motion associated with setting the task as completed, which was more ergonomic and practical to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist is a very useful app to organize your daily tasks, appointments, projects and all the other things you have to have a reminder to get it done. The free version is helpful and has all the core features, but the paid version gives you the option to add labels and detailed descriptions to your tasks and set time specific reminders, which are very welcome but paying for these extra feautres becomes a little expensive. However if you consider the whole product, the price is very fair.

Increasing performance and managing my time better, both at work and in my personal life; getting reminders of tasks, appointments and events

Todoist review by Charlotte T.
Founder
Professional Training & Coaching

"Handy app for cross-platform task tracking"

What do you like best?

Todoist is a handy application for tracking your to-do list across multiple platforms. With the ability to use it on my desktop, android phone and as a browser plugin (so I can use it on a chrome book or when I log in to Chrome remotely) I have my to-do list handy where ever I go.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to get integration with Google Calendar in a way that works for me, It syncs tasks, but the manner in which it does so isn't fluid with the way that I work so that is probably due to user error or my personal preference and less likely a reflection of the program.

Todoist is great because you can assign tasks to projects and place them into a team inbox to assign them to your team members. We aren't implementing this feature yet, but look forward to doing so in the new year. We've noticed increased productivity from workers who have begun to use the program on an individual basis.

Todoist review by Alex M. J.
HR Manager
Food & Beverages
(10,001+ employees)

"It is the simplest of all"

What do you like best?

I love this application, it's a good way to get organized in the different daily tasks, there are several similar ones in the pro market that I think this is the easiest to use.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version must improve in design and functionality, sometimes I prefer to enter the Platform from the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple and unpretentious interface concentrates a group of functions and tools that will support you in the organization of your daily tasks and your week in general. It adds the management of documents that can get you out of trouble.

I organize my tasks of the week with this platform, I put in order my ideas and I establish weekly goals, it feels good to empty the mind in a single space, it leaves you time for the important level of communications the creation of content.

Todoist review by Tama-Lea L.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor

"Love this software!!"

What do you like best?

I've used a lot of "checklist" type apps and have landed on this one because it is so easy to create priorities, projects, sub tasks and due dates. I use the pro version which allows for a few extra functions that make it even easier to use as well.

What do you dislike?

There is actually no feature I dislike about this software. It is easily accessible on my laptop, my iphone and syncs between the two immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate...it is the best productivity app....and I've used many!!

The problem I solve using this software is organization for the purpose of getting more done. With the prioritization and projects (which are categories) I am able to organize the multiple jobs I have in my life. I am a freelancer and business owner so this is very important in order to keep everything straight.

Todoist review by Sophie G.
Customer Support
Food & Beverages
(10,001+ employees)

"Everything ordered with Todoist"

What do you like best?

I like the application and the way to classify the tasks, you can also prioritize and classify the tasks and give them higher or lower priorities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. The desktop and mobile version are both great. Although, in the mobile version I feel that it has more limits than the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist is a good application, I liked it and I highly recommend it with my friends, it is easy to use and it orders all the daily tasks.

This app has just enough features that you can customize your to-do list but not too many that it's hard to learn. Very intuitive. It allows for multiple sublists, with deadlines, priority levels (which correspond to colors), and a master list of "next task for 7 days."

Todoist review by Erik O.
IT Consultant

"Simple yet Powerful"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of Todoist are:

Super-fast natural language processing for the quickest task entry there is.

Simple / Clean Interface.

Features and functions which are align with Doist's vision for the product, and not adding functions and features just for the sake of adding more.

Multi-platform support.

Lots of options for integrations via Zapier / IFTTT / etc. with Todoist's API.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Project aspects / hierarchy was a bit more powerful.

I wish that there was more (and better) reporting and analysis of open and closed tasks and projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the low price of entry and Doist's dedication to the product there isn't much to lose to see if it's right for you.

I'm using Todoist to keep up with my personal tasks and my work tasks/projects.

I've been using Todoist for about a year and a half now. It was drastically improved my organization. Being able to instantly add, review, and work on my tasks from anywhere and with any device is amazing.

I also heavily utilize integrations with other services so that everything can flow into Todoist and my task list. I don't have to check multiple systems or applications for things that need to be completed since everything can seamlessly flow into Todoist.

One of the biggest benefits is how quick and easy it is to add new tasks and Projects with the Quick Entry feature and Natural Language Processing. Being able to quickly get tasks in is a huge advanced compared to other products I have used and it makes it a lot easier to pick up and use.

Todoist review by Melissa L.
Accountant / Accounting analyst / Administrative Analyst

"Simply the super complete and easier to use personal organizer! "

What do you like best?

There are infinite applications and excellent software that help you manage your tasks and activities. But without a doubt I must admit that ToDoIst is the winner in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when I delete a task there is not a simple undo. I deleted a task by accident and had to download a backup (I was glad they had that) and manually recreate the task and all its subtasks based on the data in the spreadsheet provided. It was really annoying and we lost all our comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its use plays an important role for anyone who, due to their degree of daily activities, often can not perform them. It is advisable to keep track of the things you have to do each day, which increases efficiency both at work and in your personal life. being able to be calm of not happening some, this application informs us every time that an activity approaches or every day I review all my tasks, it makes my days easier.

I have been using ToDoist for a little more than a year and a half, and during this period it has been bug free. Previously I had tried many other applications, but for me, ToDoistes the best of all. I really like the integration, control and flexibility that I get with this application, which allows me to collaborate with other team members. I have multiple lists for different clients, team members and personal goals as well.

- The software is super simple and simple to use

- Very profitable against other similar platforms

- ToDoist always looks for new tools or improves existing processes

- integrates well with other third-party software such as Amazon Alexa or Zapier

- Great mobile application to access on the move

- Based on the cloud, so it is synchronized on all devices.

Todoist review by Elsy L.
Representante de ventas
Retail

"Excellent tool for the fulfillment of my activities!"

What do you like best?

I resorted to this application because there are days in which I have a lot of work many times I forget the tasks that I must perform affecting productivity and performance in my functions, at the end of each working day I plan according to my activities the tasks according to his order of importance that I must carry out the following day avoiding that they are forgotten.

What do you dislike?

It informs me every time that I must perform a task according to the schedule agreed to avoid losing it by increasing productivity in the company, as I learned the benefits that contributed to my work began to apply in my personal life especially for my children I must be to the pending of his attendance to the music classes and other school activities what allows me to be up to date with each task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its use plays an important role for any person who, due to their degree of daily activities, often fails to perform them. It is advisable to keep track of the things that you have to do each day, which increases efficiency both at work and in your personal life. being able to be calm of not happening some, this application informs us every time that an activity approaches or daily I review all my tasks, it makes my days easier.

Informs me through a notification every time it comes time to perform a task by checking it once your time has arrived, moving it as done also allows you to modify the time or simply attach comments, it is very practical fits any fixed or cell phone.

Todoist review by Jeremy S.
Ministry Coordinator
Religious Institutions

"Life-Saving Todo App"

What do you like best?

I love that Todoist allows you to create multiple projects. It also allows you to nest sub-tasks under tasks. That is super helpful as we track the completion of steps in a larger task. I like that the comments section cuts down email and keep communication with the task it pertains to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I delete a task there is no simple undo. I deleted a task onetime by accident and I had to download a backup (thankful they had that) and manually recreate the task and all its sub-tasks based off of the data in the spreadsheet provided. It was really annoying and we lost all our comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It will help your team. Give it time to catch on.

We have staff meetings and before Todoist, action items were subject to whoever decided to add tasks to their calendar in the moment. In our meeting now, we can all be assigning each other or ourselves tasks in realtime as we discuss upcoming projects.

Todoist review by Nikki B.
Logistics, Project, and Procurement Manager
Oil & Energy

"Simply the Easiest Personal Organizer!"

What do you like best?

I love on this app that when you type in your note, ie - "Meeting 4/21 at 2pm with Joe" it automatically categorizes it on the date and time you typed in - no having to open a calendar and scrolling to choose a date and time. It seems small - but it saves a ton of time! The project tree works really well on here also, being able to seed different tasks under one parent is really convenient.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I dislike too much on here - we get kind of overwhelmed in the world with every app having a different function they do well and having so many, but this is one that operates pretty seamlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app for either personal use or work use, individually or as a group. I love the program and find it easy to assign things and keep them organized neat and simple so no one feels overwhelmed with their workload, even when we're busy

It's very easy for management to add tasks under jobs for the crew to complete and add them to the job. It's really easy for people to just be able to check off blocks on their cell phone and see positive progress on their overall assignments for the week as they accomplish them. It's also very easy for management to see when someone isn't finishing tasks and is seeming to get bogged down so we can check in. It's very helpful!

Todoist review by Fabrice M.

"Multiplatform Task Management"

What do you like best?

I like the multiplatform capabilities of Todoist. Any platform out there seems to be supported. Also the flexibility when using filters and labels and that you can also use your mail client, be it via a plugin or by forwarding mail to (projects within) Todoist is really powerful. So I use forwarding rules in my mail client in combination with filters and labels and I have full control of my tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can only store 200 tasks per project and that I need to divide my project into sub projects. I do a lot of calls and it is not uncommon for me to have 200+ call tasks. Creating sub projects is just a drag here. I hope the peeps at Todoist are going to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried and tested quite some task management systems. The combination of powerful filtering and labeling and tackling the availability of Todoist on any platform out there, makes it the most functional task management system out there.

I have one central place where I can manage all my tasks instead of having different task management systems in place from CRM, SharePoint, etc ...

Todoist review by Rob J.
Director of Operations & Business Development
Media Production

"Recommended to me...not I recommend to you. Fabulous product."

What do you like best?

I like a few things about this product:

- The ability to separate tasks by classification or projects.

- The ability to prioritize tasks within classifications/projects, and any given day

- The ability to integrate with other apps (using Zapier)

- The ability to quickly enter, move, and change tasks.

- It's simplicity.

What do you dislike?

Not much to not like. It's simple and organized. I can't think of anything to dislike. If I had to choose something, I would say that I don't use the paid version and it limits me on some of the things I can do to customize what I see and notifications. I'm most likely going to purchase the premium level after having tested it for free (initial setup).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Use it. If you don't have very many tasks to track throughout the day or weeks, it's not for you; however, if you want to get and stay organized, this is the app for you.

Staying organized with several tasks. I just started integrating my CRM with Todoist by entering the task into the CRM and migrating the task to the day's tasks on Todoist. Keeps me on track for the day. If it's not on my to do list, it doesn't get done.

Todoist review by Mike P.
Partner
Investment Banking

"Todoist helped me focus - to write this review"

What do you like best?

Its a simple solution to capture all of your misc to dos, so that you know they are in one place, giving you peace of mind so that you can move on to get other stuff done. The key to the solution is its cross platform functionality similar to evernote so that you can sync across all of your devices and it includes an outlook integration. Similarly team members can collaborate and use it together - sharing tasks, delegating, and it creates the perfect tool for teams and managers to track progress.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you just want a piece of paper to scratch things out...and then it feels repetitive even though you know that todoist is better... without the right discipline, it's easy to forget and end up right back where you started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an important personal productivity tool, so I would suggest trying it out quickly and comparing to not only your scratch paper method but also other tools such as evernote, wunderlist, etc. that may or may note be better for you personally. There are a lot of options but unfortunately once you commit to one you really cannot go back easily and the friction / switching costs may not be worth it. That's why I tried a few out and learned that todoist was easily the best for me!

Ensuring that all of my client follow-up items, and other tasks from administrative to personal are in one place and dont fall through the cracks!

Todoist review by David James B.
Co-Founder & CEO
Management Consulting

"The best To Do List App"

What do you like best?

There are lots of great Apps and software applications that help you manage your tasks and things to do. But I must say ToDoIst is the winner in my opinion.

I have been using ToDoist for just over 12 months, during this period it has been fault free. Previously I had tried, evaluated and tested many other Apps, but for me, ToDoist beat them all. I really like the integration, control and flexibility I get with this App, allowing me to collaborate with other team members. As I also use Amazon Alexa, it allows me to add things to my to-do list by asking Alexa to add to my list. I have multiple lists for different clients, team members and personal goals too.

- The software is simple to use

- Very cost effective Vs other similar platforms

- Robust, not had any issues

- Innovation - ToDoist are always looking at new tools or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with other 3rd parties software such as Amazon Alexa or Zapier

- Great mobile App for access on the move

- Cloud-based so syncs across all devices.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like to be honest, it does what it says on the tin. Maybe a drag and drop feature allowing emails to be dragged into the list for action and follow-up

Allows me to manage my long lists of things to do, keeps me in control even when I am out of the office. The fact I can have different lists for all my clients, lists of personal tasks and lists for family tasks too.

No more paper lists or post-it notes stuck on my desk.

Todoist review by Eric E.
Managing Engineer II

"Great cross-platform task list app"

What do you like best?

I have this app on my iPhone, my PC, my Mac, and on the web. It's everywhere, and that's part of why it's awesome.

What do you dislike?

The Windows store app UI is a little convoluted - there's a settings gear on the left next to my account picture, then there are other menu items in the top right, then there's a hamburger menu in the top of the window that actually just collapses the project column on the left -- it's disorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a multiplatform to-do app, this is my favorite of all the ones I've used.

Todoist helps me track action items outside of email and notes files that I actually need *to do*. I've been much more adept at keeping track of things that my colleagues struggle to track by using a to do app, and Todoist's syncing functionality across all platforms helps me do that.

Todoist review by Cristina Marie C.
Senior Web Designer and Developer
Higher Education

"The prettiest to do list ever!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about ToDoist is the design. It's lightweight and easy on the eyes so you're not bogged down by your tasks. The hardest thing about a to do list is that you easily get overwhelmed with EVERYTHING. Yes, it's a brain dump - but now that it's dumped - you see everything that you need to do. But the benefits is that you can change your views to see just today, the next 7 days or just things in a particular 'project'.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is not being able to do reminders in the free version. That's probably the only feature in the premium version that I feel I could really make use of. But with the amount of software I use for project management, to do lists, design, development, etc - it's a little much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's actually helpful to compare different to do lists apps at one time so you can gauge what's easiest to set up. It'll also be helpful to determine what is nicest to look at - you'll basically live in this program EVERY DAY so make sure you will like constantly looking at it before you commit.

The main business problem that we've solved is being able to add items to someone else's list. Usually something as small as 'Follow up with so-and-so' is not appropriate to put on a PM software but how do you get it onto someone else's list to remember? The collaborative project features in Todoist helps solve that.

Todoist review by Laura F.
Student House Manager
Performing Arts
(Myself Only)

"Simple, easy, great sense of accomplishment"

What do you like best?

I like the simple, user friendly interface. Sometimes, the less options there are the better.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the inbox feature. It's confusing to me, and I find myself trying to get out of it frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no recommendations other than to use it! It's the best free checklist application available. There's only one pointless feature, the inbox feature, but even that can be avoided. I like how you are able to add times to tasks easily, also I recommend using the prioritizing feature.

Using Todoist at work gives me a sense of accomplishment - checking something off a list is a great feeling. Also, it helps me compartmentalize and divide my tasks.

Todoist review by Reed Q.
Ecommerce Manager

"My personal assistant which control my tasks"

What do you like best?

This is my favorite multi-platform task management tool. I use it both for project management and for all personal tasks. Keeping all my tasks was such a headache, but this tool makes it so easy. Setting up a task that must be performed every Monday morning, and then it appears on all my devices, so I do not forget and do not miss anything important, it's fine.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. The only thing I would like to change is to improve the way of editing priorities in one task (now the user should open the task, click "change", change the priority and then save). It would be especially better to use a mobile priority editing system based on gestures, for example, the task of planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist keeps me organized and reminding me of the tasks that I need to perform on a certain day through notifications. It also hides the tasks that I completed, making the to-do lists less cluttered.

This is a good way to organize and track business and personal tasks. With this tool, I can better meet the timing. Notifications also serve as a reminder of the tasks that I need to perform during the day.

Todoist review by Jerrod M.
Project Manager

"Planning my workflow"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of the program. To whom I advised it, Todoist also approached. Became much easier to control my schedule and do business with Todoist. I'm glad that I can use the program on my mobile phone, in mailboxes or in web browsers. The function of sharing common tasks has helped me more than once because working in a place with employees in real time over a single project is improving our productivity. I like that developers are always on a trend and quickly add new features. For example, I liked the function of adding tasks via Alex.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more opportunities for backup (not only Google Drive and Dropbox), I do not use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program provides more useful functions than other programs of this type. This helps you to carry out your tasks and projects and thereby improve your productivity.

With the help of the program, I became more organized at work and fulfilled all my tasks quickly and efficiently. Todoist helps us to do and control the full process of work of all employees and track the result of the work done.

Todoist review by Sara P.

"Simple but life-changing"

What do you like best?

The simple format and process of adding and completing tasks are about as user friendly as you could get. It removes checked off items from the to do list so that your list grows shorter as you complete tasks, which is much more validating and comforting to a busy person during a stressful day.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could add other colors as the background, because it gives you the option of two aggressive colors (red and orange) or black or grey, which are clearer but a little more depressing. I wish there were blues, greens, purples, etc. available with a basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How a product can be so simple yet so transformative to work flow is amazing. Todoist gives you all the features you need with none that you don't. Any employee with any work style can use this, and master its functions and assistance with no prior background or training.

This brings the task list to ultimate organization. While Outlook's email tasks are helpful because of the ability to flag items for follow up, Todoist creates this effect for everything else. I love the categories available for projects, and the ability to set goals, days off, points earned for completing tasks, etc. helps keep employees motivated in a positive and growth-inducing manner.

Todoist review by Rick P.
Film Critic

"My favorite to-do app by far"

What do you like best?

Figuring out what I like best is hard, really. It's the first task app I've ever felt comfortable using consistently. That probably has a lot to do with its Chrome extension. I can quickly add a website as a task and there's a contextual menu for adding tasks to the inbox, as well.

Tasks can have notes and attachment. Per-task and per-project e-mail reminders are reliable and easy to set up, unlike those from Google Calendar. It's also easy to share tasks, not just with designated team members but with anyone who has the app.

There's a convenient Chrome app which I use when I'm really boring down into a big bunch of tasks but usually I stay in the Chrome extension which is as full-featured as the app. It's just not persistent.

I like how the app tracks my productivity. I also appreciate not being constantly nagged to upgrade. The free version is quite powerful. The Premium version is inexpensive considering that.

I just discovered the templating feature. Very nice. Imported a Content Calendar for my blog. Templating is available in the free version which I appreciate.

What do you dislike?

Tough one. I wouldn't mind being able to customize the look of the app more. Some of the grays are too light for my old eyes.

Time-tracking would be a nice addition to the app.

Todoist is invaluable in keeping myself organized and on-track, from work tasks to personal reminders.

Todoist review by Edward C.
Sales Leader