SharpSpring Reviews & Product Details

SharpSpring Overview

What is SharpSpring?

SharpSpring is a comprehensive marketing automation platform with robust features, functionality and performance. SharpSpring is one of the most flexible platforms on the market, offering powerful, behavior-based email marketing, native or 3rd party CRM integration, dynamic forms, landing page and blog builders, social media management, universal CMS compatibility, and integration with hundreds of applications. SharpSpring is usually less than 1/3 the cost of the competition, is the easiest company to work with and the easiest platform to use. Marketing agencies should inquire about SharpSpring's special partner program.

SharpSpring Details
German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish

SharpSpring is Simple Marketing Automation for Agencies & SMBs

SharpSpring offers annual and monthly payment plans and is 1/3 the cost or less of competing marketing automation solutions. It allows marketers to prove measurable results for their businesses with comprehensive lead-to-revenue reporting. SharpSpring’s agency model is a partnership that helps marketing agencies become an integrated and indispensable resource to their clients. SharpSpring is already trusted by more than 2,000 agencies and 10,000 businesses and continues to grow. It’s an open platform that works with existing systems and connects to hundreds of 3rd-party software providers.

SharpSpring

SharpSpring Screenshots

SharpSpring Reviews

Showing 616 SharpSpring reviews
Already have SharpSpring?
Response from Lisa Rios of SharpSpring

Hi London,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re happy you found value in using SharpSpring. We appreciate you sharing your feedback about areas we can improve and we’re looking forward to getting additional feedback from you in our upcoming meeting. Looking forward to continuing the conversation and working with you to improve your experience with SharpSpring.

What do you like best?

All the different functions and opportunities.

All the support that Sharp Spring makes available, whether it is in a Virtual Classroom, a Chat, with articles or through email. They are available at all times and will take the time to walk you through a problem or offer suggestions on how to better approach an idea. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm new to the platform so this may just be new user issues, but some of the editing takes more time than I would like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that if you are going to use the Sharp Spring Platform, take the Virtual Classes. They are a huge help in understanding how all the platform pieces fit together and how you can make them work for your business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Through the Campaign building capabilities we have been able to reach and track the interests of all of our leads. This enables us to communicate with them on the topics and products that interest them the most, instead of simply cold calling we now have subject matter to discuss. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in SharpSpring
G2
Partner
What do you like best?

I like to month to month contract and month to month payment - No need to pay a full year upfront

Customer support and team are fantastic often replying SRs lightning fast

CRM functionality fits most commercial team needs

CRM pipeline reports help generate insights and value to the sales team. The Opportunity health report is one of the best I have seen

Presence in multiple countries in America and Europe

SIMPLE to use and learn - users can easily grow into the application. Users do not need to be overwhelmed as they gradually learn how to use the application

New features are built into the application often sometimes even weekly

WorkFlows and automation features are simple to use

Unlimited users and unlimited CRM users - For large teams this ensures a positive ROI!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reports can be quirky.

I would like to see more custom reporting features. Creative customers always want reports different to those we can generate!

I would like to see some additional automation actions

Automations are not always automatic - under certain conditions, work flows wont fire!

Segmentation lists do not always populate - automatic lists do not always fire

Custom reports are poor - you cannot filter by custom fields

There is nothing "custom" about custom reports - only the reporting widgets SharpSpring builds are available

If you require compex functionlaity, Stay away!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a no-brainer! Since there are no long term contracts to sign (until jan 2021!).

Onboarding process is very important to ensure transfer of knowledge. Make sure you have the right people taking the courses.

If your needs involve complex automations, think twice!

Reporting kinda stinks!

ALWAYS rebuild lists before using - do not assume they have auto-populated! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Return on Investment was simple and (very!) quick to prove

Lead generation and lead warming ensures our sales team targets the right prospects at the right time, shortening conversion times Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lisa Rios of SharpSpring

Hi Paul!

Thank you for this feedback. SharpSpring is always working hard to enhance our marketing automation platform. We’d appreciate the opportunity to chat more with you about what’s working and what’s not. If you’re up for it, please contact us at feedback@sharpspring.com to continue the conversation.

Sincerely,

The SharpSpring Team

Founder and Editor
What do you like best?

I am a 15-year marketing and advertising veteran. I have evaluated and purchased HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, Pardot, and more through the years. SharpSpring is by far the best combination of software and value. It has everything HubSpot has but for significantly less cost. The UI is expertly crafted into sales, marketing, and reporting sections. It's incredibly easy and intuitive to find what you need. Plus, if you have a question, you can Google what you are looking for and almost always find the answer in their help documentation very quickly.

The visual drag and drop email designer and landing page builder are excellent. The ability to easily create multi-page sales funnels is a unique and invaluable feature.

Anyone evaluating marketing automation and CRM platform should go to SharpSpring first, before looking at any other options. You won't be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A minor downside for agencies is having to use their customer billing platform. It took a little getting used to the concept but I believe it can be a great value for most people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved the problem of having several disjointed and disconnected software marketing tools and bringing them into one platform. Most high-end automation platforms have a few good features and several mediocre ones. I can honestly say every feature of SharpSpring is top tier and well thought out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Digital Marketing Consultant
What do you like best?

One of the things I like about Sharpspring is the ability to optimize sale performance by scheduling sales tasks with automation. We have a client who has an extensive survey and review process for their clients. Sharpspring will save them a tremendous amount of time with the automation and with the integration to the survey platform.

The ability to create custom fields and manage the data is important.

One of the other important features is the integration into Microsoft Outlook so emails that have been sent to a contact are visible with the contact record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Landing page builder is clunky. Most of the time, we are using the CMS for building landing pages, so we don't use it much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Sharpspring to others. Their support has been really good. They also are continually upgrading their software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing our clients' automation processes are the problems that we are solving. The tracking is a tremendous asset to a sales team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Administrator
What do you like best?

Simple interface, full funnel, wide array of capabilities - to name a few of the reasons why SharpSpring is the most important software in our MarTech stack. It's easy to onboard team members and allows admins to adjust permissions that comply with our CRM's settings. Merge variables make for seamless personalized messaging that blurs the lines of mass email sends and leads to higher direct response. Robust and intricate reporting. All-in-all a really useful marketing automation software. As my company's proof of concept, it has helped establish our online presence - something we didn't have much of before. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Email builder could be more dynamic - there are some static features; spacing, limited text blocks, and alignment, and a few of the issues I've ran into with senior management where SharpSpring limits how you can build emails. I think they lack in this field when stacked against other marketing automation platforms but they have made some additions/corrections to the email builder in the past few months which brings more faith in the people behind the product - knowing they will deliver on the issues that continue to be brought up - SharpSpring gives each of their partners (whether directs, like us, or agencies) a voice, and I find that really valuable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This applies to direct clients: Take a look at tech stack and decide which features are most important. If you can audit all of the ways you currently market and what you are missing, chances are SharpSpring has multiple solutions to your problems or are willing to help you find alternative solutions. The team at SharpSpring is great, they realize the (sort of) heavy lift at the beginning and are available around the clock & SharpSpring support is always available and quick to respond. Not to mention SharpSpring is much more cost efficient than their competitors and it's worth at least getting on a demo and comparing your options. What they lack in some features, they make up in others. I'm content with how I've built our instance over the last 6 months and I've barely scratched the surface with the number of capabilities at my disposal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data management/organization, personalized messaging, simple automation workflow creation, and ultimately getting our systems and processes aligned to handle a large influx of new leads on a rolling basis. Naming conventions allow me to keep everything organized and it's simple to create a campaign from the ground up. When importing leads from Salesforce, custom ID's allow us to properly tag new leads. Lists and the ability to manually add or dynamically add leads to lists using action groups, is huge for management of multiple campaigns. I get to be hands on with campaigns from lead gen to sales conversion and know exactly where each lead is in marketing funnel/how they are interacting with our campaigns, then be able to report on those individual leads. SharpSpring truly is full funnel, transparent, marketing automation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SharpSpring offers you all the tools you need in one dashboard!

This enables our company to gather important data around both marketing and sales efforts, draw insights from the reports in order to optimize efforts going forward.

Value for money is indeed what you get AND the power to leverage that into increased sales through using the software... that's where the real power lies!

A solution to both small and medium businesses, in the digital age we live! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to advertise within the CRM Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead tracking from first visit is super powerful. The timeline review, to understand each and every touchpoint even after a purchase was made allows us to understand the customer journey in full. From here we can recognize areas for improvement.

Automated reporting to save up time for the sales team. Cross-selling through measurement of media. And so many more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

SharpSpring is easy to setup, configure and use. It has so much power built into the product that onboarding new users is a snap. For those more techie... you can dive pretty deep into more complicated configurations to mold the platform to fit any business model. If you ever get stuck there are many support features and training sessions available. All support tickets are handled quickly and the team is very helpful and informative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any dislikes yet. Once you have the system setup and automations/integrations handled... it runs without issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out the demo and ask very direct questions as to how SharpSpring can help your business. The SharpSpring team is not shy about how great this product is and welcomes the most challenging questions. They will shoot it to you straight and even show you how well the product performs in their demo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having all your sales and marketing data and metrics in one platform helps to make informed business decisions. The ease of integrating other platforms such as accounting, proprietary software and web analytics is a huge plus! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm a small business owner. What joy to work with a company that tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth during the sales process--and then delivers unparalleled, expert hands-on support after the sale. I love, love, love SharpSpring and every SharpSpring employee I've met. To a person, my SharpSpring contacts have been down-to-earth, knowledgeable, and highly effective. I've felt I made a great go-forward decision from the start. SharpSpring's implementation team walked us through every step of implementation after, amazingly, ensuring they fully understood our business model and our current and desired routes to revenue. In weekly and sometimes twice weekly meetings, we were shown step-by-step how to use the application. After each meeting, we were coached through a straightforward and extremely helpful assignment that moved us forward. What relief to see our greatest hopes come to fruition! I recommend this company and their application wholeheartedly. I've never felt so confident--and then so grateful--about a software decision in my entire professional life. I am a busy professional. I wouldn't take time to review software that wasn't extraordinary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I'd known about SharpSpring earlier, before I invested in high profile alternatives that ultimately cost multiples more and didn't work a fraction as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm guessing my highly favorable experience with SharpSpring is typical. I've been so impressed every step of the way that I've started to look even more deeply than usual into how SharpSpring started and where they're headed. In my opinion, this is a world-class company in the making. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My clients, affiliates, and I needed a turnkey marketing automation system to improve our revenues, operating efficiencies, earnings growth, risk mitigation, and competitiveness. This one-stop shop solution is working for everything we need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Operations
Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

SharpSpring is easy to use and has help documentation for anything we have had questions about. There is also a feature request function that the platform uses to improve upon. The company also provides regular webinars and support to help improve the user experience and help grow agency business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes using the email builder is difficult with spacing and inbox rendering issues, which is frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We considered several other platforms for marketing automation. For our agency's needs and the great functionality of the platform, it was a great decision for us. It's a great price and has outstanding features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are staying in contact with our regular account base, as well as potential clients. I love the timeline on the contact detail, showing any forms, emails sent, etc. in a clean format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The biggest benefit of SharpSpring is having visibility into the leads we generate. In the past we could see impressions and clicks and website visits from our campaigns. Now we are seeing the actual leads and being able to follow activity after the initial contact. The added visibility has been an absolute game changer in the value we can provide our clients.

I really like the Life of the Lead feature where once you have a lead in the system you can track all their activity in great detail, seeing when they came back to the website, what pages they went to, if they opened emails, etc.

We've even had instances where clients claimed they were not getting leads from our campaigns and once SharpSpring was installed, not only could we now provide reports of leads we were generating, but we caught a hole in their customer service where leads we were providing were not getting responses from scheduling staff. So we not only provided reports of the leads we generated, but helped close a gap in a serious customer service issue that was happening.

The automations are really powerful and I like being able to have so much in one system.

We've also recently started using the CRM and the clients are really happy with the features of the CRM and having it work directly with marketing activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes more time to set things up, but its worth it for all the insights you gain. The design capabilities in the emails are a bit clunky and limited. Hopefully they will improve on that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of great features in SharpSpring to support clients success, so it's a great system to have. That said, if it only had its ability to track leads in detail I would still be sold on it for that feature alone. It does take some effort to get up to speed on everything. There are some funky things in learning process. For example, on triggers for sending an alert when a form is submitted, there was small function that made only send once that was easy to miss, so after I tested a form once, it no longer worked. Once support helped me figure this out it was all good. That said, their support is amazing and makes getting up to speed much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem as I mentioned above is that we previously had zero visibility into the leads we generated for clients. Relying on clients to accurately identify leads we brought to them was a recipe for failure and making us look bad. SharpSpring gave us the power to accurately track leads we generated, having better insight into the effectiveness of our campaigns to improve on our work, AND get credit for our successes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Designer
What do you like best?

Very easy to use the templates | I spend a lot of time building out landing pages and email blasts for newsletters, webinars, and other client and in-house activities. The one thing I love about Sharp Spring is they make it easy and fast to create these pages and emails because of the professional-looking templates. It's grab and go, and really easy to replace images, change button colors, designs, and more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Based on what template group you choose to work with, not all sections, footers, headers are the same. An image section in one template might be exactly what your looking for, but it isn't in the template you want to work with. There is a way around this by just grabbing the HTML coding for sections, but unless you're familiar with code it's not a simple task for the everyday Sharp Spring user. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sharp Spring is very in-depth for a business looking for analytics and a CRM for their company. Scott and Sofia have been excellent at helping us with questions we have from the sales and marketing side of the platform, and bring some fun and laughs to something that can sometimes time be overwhelming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many of the email blasts I get daily are very stale and boring. Sharp Spring is helping us solve that in house and for our customers. The custom landing pages allows me to create something very similar or try something completely different from what's on our current website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Support is great, features are full and options are abundant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Email templates are a little particular and their most recent billing changes are clunky at best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking at Hubspot, Infusionsoft (Keap), etc, get a live demo of Sharpspring - the value is much greater than either of these (I've work with both). When running the numbers between Sharpspring & say, an email marketing system like MailChimp or Constant Contact, I feel one is much better off running with Sharpspring as you get so much more for the buck. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have the ability as an agency to offer complete marketing automation and CRM at a reasonable cost to our clients and still generate profit from it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate with websites and trigger emails based on user actions and attributes is outstanding. The sales pipeline enables us to effectively manage sales opportunities and track our campaigns from end to end. The recent addition of the Meeting Booking tool and Live Chat have greatly increased the value of this too to our agency and our clients. The visual workflow builder is easy to understand and use. Their support is very responsible, provides quality answers, and follows up to ensure issues are resolved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The landing page, blog, and social media features are not yet at par with other solutions. This has not been a huge issue for us as don't require those features on a regular basis, but we'd love to see these areas improved for those cases where they would come in handy. The visitor ID tool is great, but is unable to identify a majority of our website visitors vs. other tools we've used. We could eliminate those other tools if that feature were enhanced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using SharpSpring to communicate with our clients and prospects, nurture leads, and manage sales opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

I was a Hugh fan of this amazing platform. and until now I have used this service for my daily marking automation needs. SharpSpring is an extensive email marketing planner. In addition, they actively integrate, adjust and develop the platform to make it even more easy and convenient to be using.For action groups and process optimization, together with Backend compatibility, I preferred the potential of private visitors Info feature Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To get this system launched from start you have to understand the strategies well, then you need to learn every function well in terms of setting up the email campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this product to companies who interact for any marketing sort, while using the system, to boost the promotions. Analyze the platform extensively and propose execution of the test projects to duplicate the strategies and goals to find the advantages of moving to a new plan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software helps me to execute my projects & marketing plans. It's very user friendly and easy gui program for any device before your sight. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Getting started with SharpSpring has been great! The onboarding team has really guided our learning and ensured we're up to speed not only on the software itself, but also regarding industry best practices. Weekly one-on-one check-ins coupled with a robust help centre, rapid support, and a virtual classroom collection of onboarding videos has been a great multi-pronged approach to get us going on our own, and then have the tools to train our clients as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To date we've been very impressed with SharpSpring and there have not been dislikes. There are a few use cases that came up particular to our business process, where we'd like to tailor things in the future. We've submitted these to the SharpSpring 'Feature Request' portal and look forward to their implementation - we've gotten feedback that some of these items that are on their roadmap, which is great to hear! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SharpSpring has been great both in terms of its capabilities, as well as working with its team in terms of onboarding and on-going support to ensure we can maximize the value it brings to our organization and our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The customization and integration opportunities offered by SharpSpring set it apart from other automation tools. This allows us to offer clients functionality that is tailored to their unique business processes, which goes above and beyond other tools. SharpSpring is also easy to learn and easy to use, making it super efficient and effective in carrying out our marketing automation needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Community Buzz Creator l Social Media Expert l Social Media Publicity l Social Media Blog
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

I'd say the price on a per-client basis is pretty amazing. It allows us as a small agency to actually turn a profit on the software. The software itself is relatively easy to learn and the team at Sharpspring is very helpful and responsive. Their virtual learning classroom is very thorough, handy, and useful. We love that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing we really dislike. We struggle a little bit with the email templates, but we are getting to know them better as we use them more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sharpspring is allowing us to get more insight into our client's leads and where they are coming from. The software is allowing us to see more for our clients and provide them with better insights so that we can deliver on better marketing campaigns. The integration of marketing touchpoints with the leads base and email marketing isn't something we had before in one place, so it's a game-changer for both our company and our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner, Managing Director, Creative Director