ScreenSteps Reviews & Product Details

ScreenSteps Overview

What is ScreenSteps?

We work with contact centers, software implementers, and B2B SaaS vendors that need to significantly improve training time and training results. ScreenSteps is designed to support Zero Memorization Training. This is a training methodology where contact center agents, employees, or customers are not required to memorize training information but are trained in how to help themselves when the moment comes. To enable this type of training, ScreenSteps focuses on four types of speed: 1. Speed of Authoring - How fast can your authoring team create content? 2. Speed of Search - How fast can your employees or customers find the right content? 3. Speed of Application - How fast can your employees or customers successfully apply the information after they find it? 4. Speed of Updating - How fast can you update the information? Using Zero Memorization Training and implementing an iterative process that focuses on the four types of speeds mentioned above, our customers have seen incredible success: - Make new agents proficient in 10 days instead of 60 - Achieve 99% new CRM adoption in 1 week instead of 6 - Reduce average task time by 25% What are our key differentiators? - We included a desktop authoring tool with integrated screen capture that helps your team create and update clearly-formatted and organized articles faster than any other tool available - We combine knowledge base articles with interactive courses and a Google Chrome Extension for providing contextual help and guides to your employees - We have Workflow Articles that allow you to walk any employee or user through complex scenarios and help them resolve them successfully without having to escalate the issue - We are simple to learn. Typical training time for a new team on the ScreenSteps platform takes less than an hour. ScreenSteps is headquartered in Northern Virginia, but is a fully remote team. We have been around since 2008 and support customers in the contact center, IT training, CRM/ERP/EMR implementation, education, and B2B SaaS businesses.

ScreenSteps Details
Czech, German, English, French, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish

ScreenSteps helps teams create better help documentation by either creating a new online knowledge base or improving the knowledge base they are already using.

Blue Mango
2009
N/A
@screensteps
976 Twitter followers

CEO at ScreenSteps

ScreenSteps Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the ScreenSteps community
Have you used ScreenSteps before?

ScreenSteps Reviews

Showing 28 ScreenSteps reviews
Already have ScreenSteps?
AH
What do you like best?

I train a large customer support team (both phone agents and an offline team). The two applications are great - the Chrome Extension, because it can pop into any of our tools easily (without taking up valuable real estate on an agent's screen) - and the web app for folks that want to see a new process in the full screen. As an instructional designer that is part of a larger team of instructional designers, I love the array of tools such as screen capture and the editing tools that are already built-in, which means that we have consistency in our images, arrows, fonts, etc., no matter who decides to author a process. There are just so many helpful tools that are included with this product.

The best part of working with Screensteps, though, is their wonderful support team. They have already built us some custom features and the product is constantly improving. They listen to our feedback. I just can't say enough great things about their product and team. Adding Screensteps was a great decision - one we would make again and again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, really. If we want to add a new feature, we can put in a feature request to have it added and go from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company has a lot of long, complicated processes that involve multiple steps (sometimes as many as 20!). For these types of articles, the agents love the checklists. They allow an agent to easily follow more complicated processes that have multiple steps. We can also delineate the major steps from the minor steps so the article itself is not overwhelming and can be used by both new agents and tenured agents (who may already know how to do 4/5 of the steps from memory). In a checklist article, the agent can check off the boxes as they go so that they don't lose their place while speaking with a client. It's just been so, so helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author, Publisher, Creator and Designer
Publishing
What do you like best?

The desktop app. Hands down it's the best. It has everything I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The web editor. It's not as fully featured as the desktop editing tool. There are a lot of things you just can't do on it. I have communicated specific areas where it falls down to the Screensteps team. They are a group of really awesome and responsive people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a powerful tool. It offers far more than other sites do, and their support staff is great. If you need a custom solution their interface doesn't offer, all you have to do is contact their support team and explain what you need. They'll come back with a solution or a workaround. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed help documentation that walks users through our internal applications. These docs needed annotated images, videos, etc and the end result needs to be outputted to the web. Screensteps offered that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AF
What do you like best?

Desktop editor is one of the best and easiest to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

only 3 levels of nesting available for organizing articles: Manual, Chapter, and Article Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Internal knowledgebase. a central location for internal policies and procedures Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chairman and CEO
What do you like best?

It's hard to decide if I like the software or the support best.

For sure one thing I like is that its so easy to use, even our customers can do it. Setting up a new users is a simple as adding their credentials and sending them an email. Rarely do new users have any questions about what to do.

But the support (the two or three times I've needed it) is fantastic. Response times are fast, and only take one request. In word superb. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What do I dislike? For me, nothing. The Screensteps team seems to always ahead of what we need. I'm sure that's lots of stuff we still don't take advantage of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait, do it today. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

About 10 years ago we were implementing our software for a new customer. I had a team onsite. Their CEO called me screaming, "YOUR DOCUMENTATION SUCKS!!!" Of course he was right. I told him I had a plan to fix it. I had just seen the Screensteps demo presented at an Apple event online; I signed up. I think we are one of the first customers.

Anyway, within a few weeks we had rewritten our entire user document set in ScreenSteps and presented it to the customer. The result: Happy, happy, happy.

We've both been using it ever since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, importing gifs, tag options Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It often creates an additional section:( Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take it slow. Don't click on the different type of selection (heading, text, image etc.) option a lot or you will end up having to delete a lot of "content" that isn't really content. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating an easy to navigate, easy to understand knowledge base on Zendesk is easy with Screensteps, we can create more articles in a shorter period of time, and incorporate gifs and screenshots easily Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to make future updates to help articles. I can easily make the change when I know it will be coming but I don't have to publish the change until the feature is live. This way I can feel really prepared for upcoming product releases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to my mind right off the bat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We really love it and we don't plan to change anytime soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Screenstep's integration with Zendesk and really love how seamless it is. Screenstep's makes it easy to be prepared for future product releases so we know our customers will get the information they need right from the get-go. Since we have two main users in Screensteps, we need both of them to review each other's updates. This process is easy with Screensteps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

Like how we can organize chapters of content. It's easy for us to organize and therefore easy for our clients to search on the user-facing end. Also, my entire team can work on different articles within ScreenSteps at once. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not that intuitive on how to edit/ improve the design. Oftentimes it takes a while to train a new employee on how to use it and what the features are. Tried changing a color of a header box and found it near impossible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It was a no brainer for us to go with Screen Steps when searching for a platform to host our Help Center. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ScreenSteps is our client facing help center. We keep all our how-to guides there. As we scale, it's helped us create a library of tools for our clients to search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

Getting started with ScreenSteps was easy. It isn't hard to figure out how to setup your users and access levels. There were many resources available to assist as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The formatting of articles can be a drawback, but I found ScreenSteps to be much more friendly than other platforms we used in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, you won't be disappointed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use ScreenSteps for onboarding employees/contractors and as a knowledge base to assist with day-to-day tasks. It makes it easy for us to have all information in one centralized location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

ScreenSteps is the best. We have turned all our old Wiki help articles that used to be housed on Google Sites into ScreenSteps training modules that perform and look much nicer. It's really improved how we go about getting the information to our employees. I feel like it's really made a big difference throughout our environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complains about ScreenSteps at this time. If I find anything I have trouble with, their Support is there ready to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you ever need help, just reach out to support and they will assist ya. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's really allowed us to better improve our training with out new and current employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Screensteps has helped us build a better training program and help provide our employees with the best training possible to help them succeed in their new role. The product is so easy to use which has allowed us to constantly update our training as our product evolves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have noticed anything that I dislike about Screensteps yet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want something easy to use to improve training resources, this is it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As our company has been growing we have been struggling to keep our training program at the best it can be. We are constantly adding new features to our software and its hard to keep our support and sales teams up to date on exactly how things work. ScreenSteps has been wonderful in keeping our training resources high quality and up to date to keep our employees ready Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The fact that you have so many features at your fingertips and the fact that you can actually USE all them, make ScreenSteps the best product on the market for training. We've loved it here and it has brought us much better results that what we were doing beforehand. It's a great product with a great customer service department and they keep delivering value. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about ScreenSteps. It's been easy to use and easy to manage and implement. What else could you really desire from a piece of software? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're reaping the benefits since day one. We've improved out training regiment almost ten-fold from what it was before (at least it feels like it!) I do not want to go back to what it was before we found ScreenSteps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

ScreenSteps has provided our company with a great way to manage our knowledge base and create informative training modules to give to our employees. It was extremely easy to learn and the documentation helped a great deal whenever we were stumped. We've improved our training by using ScreenSteps and wouldn't ever want to go back. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about ScreenSteps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're just better able to give our employees a better training experience and a place where they can quickly find what they need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

The fact that we now have the ability to make thorough and detailed documentations about some of our business practices has been invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform has been designed well from the top to the bottom. I haven't had any issues with ScreenSteps in the time I've worked with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It really gives us the ability to better improve our training processes and relay pertinent information to all parties necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

ScreenSteps is a great piece of software. I haven't used another product that so quickly and efficiently helps to create simple workflows that I can use to teach my other employees and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any gripes at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It really provides a platform where you can train employees without the need of printing out giant packets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I love love love ScreenSteps! It's been a life-saver. We used to rely on various wikis and random one-off printed documents to get the information across to our trainees. This has made it 1000 times more wonderful. We keep adding articles and they have all been so easy to get set up and provide so much functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. I'm not technically paying the bill, so I can't complain about the pricing, but even that seems reasonable. Especially for what we get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This software has really given us so much! We're vastly improved in our training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

From my experience being training on ScreenSteps, it has been a joy. It's very nice and easy to use and keeps different topics organized and easy to find. Definitely beats having a giant folder of papers you have to read through or seven different articles you have to peruse. It's all there at your fingertips with ScreenSteps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've loved this product more than anything I've used at other jobs. I can't complain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It really makes training enjoyable and easy. Finding what you're looking for is a piece of cake. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I link the functionality of modifying and adding screenshots, re-ordering sections, the option to integrate with Salesforce Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It seems to go back and forth - they don't keep their web-based editor and desktop editor at the same speeds - one always seems to be not working, which is very frustrating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure it does what you want from Day 1 - if it doesn't, but they say it should, just working on some issues, that would be a red flag based on my experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Documentation internal, external, for clients - ability to build onboarding guide for internal usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

ScreenSteps has been the perfect solution for our business. Being able to train our employees in such a way makes on boarding so much easier. We've had great feedback from our employees that have said they are impressed with our training modules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The price is right, the product is perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Efficiency! This has really made training a breeze and delivers the information we need to get across in such a way that makes it informative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This was my go-to for training or to refresh my memory on our different training modules when I worked in Customer Support. I've since moved on and no longer use ScreenSteps, but when I did use it I enjoyed it and everyone in my department seemed to feel the same way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about this software at this time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It provided us with an easy way to train and learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I just started using ScreenSteps when I got hired a few weeks ago. By following the different training modules I've been able to (at least I feel) learn much quicker!! So far it's been great using this platform in my onboarding experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real complains. Sometimes things load slow, but that may just be my internet. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps our team train much more effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Generation, SEO Specialist, Internet Marketing Enthusiast, Reputation Genius, Local SEO Expert
What do you like best?

First it opened my eyes to the power of documentation could have on my business. When it comes to delegating tasks to others you need to be able to have training in place to be able to educate them on how to do the tasks. I like how fast you can create documentation with images and less text. The best part is when technology changes you can edit jut the section that need to be changed, you don't have to create a whole new document, like you would have to if it were video. This is a great tool to go along with your video training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Well I dislike the monthly plan, but you get what you pay for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There's nothing that even comes close to help you create documentation for digital training. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realized the problem with training is that most processes are not documented. This solves an internal problem by allowing you to create documentation quickly. So as you are doing a task you can also document the process. This allows for others to do the tasks just as you would have done, without waiting time trying to figure how. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Neat features, easy screenshops, fantastic markup for photos including blur, annotate, numbering, highlighting and more. Text allows for easy formatting/headers/expandable text blogs, all with a few clicks. It lets me write awesome documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I love this product. It has been continually improving since I first started using it. The admin page is a little wonky and hard to find, but other than I love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it, your documentation will be better, clearer and more organized for it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communicating with customers, saved time, seemless upload to Zendesk, (and other platforms though I don't use them) organized content Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Keeping user-facing documentation up-to-date is a big task, especially in an environment where new features are release biweekly. We experimented with videos and screencasts, but found that they require a huge amount of time to create and few users actually watch them. Annotated screenshots are much quicker to create; Screensteps makes updating them to reflect new UI SUPER easy. Collaborative features (assigning ownership to articles, flagging articles that need updated content or need review before publishing) make working with a team efficient and organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took a bit to find a good way to incorporate animated gifs into articles (sometimes necessary!). We've resolved the problem by using a tool called recordit.co. Some other gifs weren't compatible with screensteps, but I submitted a support ticket and the bug may well be resolved by now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have had serious issues keeping documentation up-to-date for our users, but Screensteps has resolved the issue because it's so quick to replace screenshots and push new articles. We are hoping this will also cut down on support requests to the help desk, but it's too early to tell. Screensteps definitely saves us a lot of time in updating documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Really easy to use interface for screen grabbing and adding notation on the image and relating to the image.

Multiple ways to edit (desktop client, online system, quick edit buttons).

Easy management of documents - you can move them between different spaces, easily change who can see what and which versions.

Great approval process built in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While being able to edit the content via three different interfaces is nice because it gives you the full range of functionality, but also the ability to make quick edits as you find them, sometimes it's hard to figure out what functionality is possible, as it's only available in one or the other interfaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Read up in their support portal - there is a lot of great functionality that's not completely obvious, you may be able to do more than you think in it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Creating easy to follow and easy to update technical documentation both for external online client documentation and private, secure internal documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for creating articles and deployment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Integration with other services is limited and because it is more of a manual it is not a good solution for dynamic self-help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Support case deflection through self-help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.