Klara Reviews & Product Details

Klara Overview

What is Klara?

Klara was founded in 2013 with a mission to transform healthcare communication, so every patient can receive great care. Healthcare providers across more than 40 specialties use Klara’s holistic telemedicine and patient communication platform to provide care to their patients via secure messaging and video visits, no matter where they are. Practice staff save hours per day communicating with patients about prescriptions, lab results, scheduling, and more by text — a familiar and convenient method that patients actually use and appreciate. All communication with a patient—from treatment recommendations to automated routine outreach— is automatically recorded in a single conversation. With Klara, medical practices grow by providing patients with an exceptional experience while streamlining their administrative workflows. These challenging times have made telemedicine a necessity, but they also offer an opportunity for providers to address patients’ needs with a solution that will become a mainstay of their practice, even after the crisis is over. *Check out this video to see how simple and intuitive telemedicine on Klara really is: https://vimeo.com/400726414*

Klara Details
Discussions
Klara Community

Klara's secure communication platform allows your staff to better communicate with patients and with each other.

Klara
2013
New York, NY

Klara Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Klara community
Have you used Klara before?

Klara Reviews

Showing 26 Klara reviews
Already have Klara?
What do you like best?

Having Klara offers so many positives. I am used to working in a doctor's office when all of the phone calls hit at once - lunch, or end of day. With Klara, you have freedom to answer and respond to patients when you have free time! No need for a long conversation or phone tag! With Klara you can message patients about their results, call them in medications or refills, ask unlimited questions/send unlimited answers all in your done time. It also makes things much easier for patient's to contact us. Instead of having to call and wait to be (possibly) transferred to the right nurse, they can send a quick message and get directly in contact with whoever they are needing to speak to. I LOVE THIS! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING :-) I have been using Klara for over 8 months now, and I've never had a problem with the system so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Klara gives you the freedom to communicate with your patient via text and video. You can easily send any paperwork/documents to the patients, which would eliminate the use of wasted paper also many patients tend to lose docs given to them and this has definitely helped with that issue.. Its very simple to use, even our patients who struggle with new technology have been able to use and communicate with Klara just fine. I absolutely love that I am able to reach out to my patients directly/personally. I or the patient can communicate at our own convenience, which you cannot ask for anything better than that! Klara has 100% been a game changer in the med field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, i have no complaints! I Love using Klara to be able to personally communicate with my patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is an investment for your company. It has definitely changed the game. You are able to speak to your patients on a more personal level. also you can go back to your conversation with each patient where you left off and vise versa. I highly reccomend Klara to any business to all doctor offices. I wish my personal doctors office would begin using Klara. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to worry about patients not answering my calls and or saying they did not get my voicemail. With the click of a button i can send the patient whatever information i am needing to get across and the patient may reply when convenient for them. Instead of having to wait for a time of the day to call back, and most patient will end up forgetting to call back because we all get busy and that's understandable. But with Klara you just simply text back your reply and that's all. No call, no being placed on hold or getting transferred to multiple people. I think every business thats deals with patients should invest in Klara. Trust me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The thing I love most about Klara is how it's given our practice the ability to reduce paper waste. I love how at the touch of a button we can easily send our patients instructions for their procedures. Klara has been really easy to learn. It's not complicated. It's very straight forward. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Klara can be challenging for our elderly patients. We also find that we have a number of patients who don't like using it because they want to get someone on the phone. People want the phone call interaction. I also really dislike using it for scheduling because it can be a lot of back and forth and take up MORE time than a phone call. There are some patients who are the perfect Klara candidate that just get it. With these patients, the value of Klara being used in our practice outshines the challenges so I'm grateful for it. I'm a big user of MyChart. I wonder if it would be easier for the patient to have a dashboard similar? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's helped so that we use less paper. It's helped so that our providers are more efficient with their time and able to send patient info at the click of a button. It's really helped our reception team filter calls and identify urgent messages. It also helps our patients who aren't able to have a phone conversation during the work day to be able to ask questions and have their answers faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the speed and ease with which you can answer a patient and let them know you are taking steps to resolve their issue. I also liek being able to communicate with pharmacies and authorize refills, send PHI for PAs and involve them in a 3 way conversation with the patient when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options for klara messages to be sent into instead of just the unassigned folder. Having multiple inboxes (but not assigned to one specific person) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speed of communication, texting platform eases confirmations of appts, access to patients during the workday, they are very unlikely to answer a phone call but having a conversation with them via text allows us to resolve problems in a timely manner and reduces call volume. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

MY COLLEAGUES AND I HAVE BEEN USING KLARA FOR ALMOST 1 YEAR NOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH PROVIDER OFFICES AND IT IS GREAT! I LOVE HOW WE CAN ALSO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR PATIENTS AS WELL VIA KLARA WITHOUT CALLING THEM OR THE PATIENT CALLING US. THANKS KLARA!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DISLIKE ABOUT KLARA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GETTING FASTER RESPONSES FROM PROVIDERS WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING ALTERNATIVE RX'S FOR PATIENTS/ PATIENT DEMOS Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best is if I have a question or run into a problem there is always someone to help. No waiting around for a day or two for an answer- the help is quick & efficient- which is great for me being the impatient type. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There really are not any areas that I dislike. Klara is very helpful allowing me to excel in responding to patients- and for patients as well- to get in touch with me! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it! For me, it's a wonderful way to communicate with patients & staff- and it's so easy for our patients to use as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel the number 1 problem solved is that our patients know that my office can be easily reached and that the site is safe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Klara sends me alerts when I have a message from a patient, so nothing gets missed! It shows us when the patient has read the message, and allows us to assign their responses to the appropriate staff member. This allows us to respond more quickly and to provide better patient care. I am fairly new in my position, but it was very easy to learn how to use this system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a patient app for iPhones, but I wish there was an app for Androids as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I really like being able to reply to phone calls via Klara, because this saves a lot of time that would be spent on phone calls. Additionally, if I leave a voicemail for a patient, I can follow-up with a Klara message that makes it easier for patients to respond. Also, this allows us to ensure that the patient receives our message through read receipts. It is easy to integrate the information in Klara into our charting system for easy documentation. Klara staff is always available if there is an issue or assistance is needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use. Entering patient data is simple, templates are easily created, patients love it because it is not a portal and they avoid using the phone.

We use it for appointment reminders, intake forms that can be filled out from a patient's phone in about 3 minutes, lab results, and sending records. Patients use it to text message the office and avoid a phone call. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if we could schedule reminders to go out at a future dates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cut down phone calls by 90% (not an exaggeration) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I love the most about Klara is the voicemail transcription. We used to spend 20-30 minutes every HOUR checking voicemails. Now we breeze through them and our patients get much quicker responses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike- It works so well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although it may seem daunting at first, you'll soon realize it is a modern, efficient, easy, and secure way to stay in contact with your patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems we are solving are time management, quicker response to patient inquires and concerns, ease of sending documents and results while remaining HIPAA compliant. The benefits include our patients feeling encouraged that their doctor's office is coming into "2020" and our patients feeling they have an effective way to contact the office and bypass our phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Klara has significantly decreased the number of phone calls we receive. It makes it ultra easy to answer simple questions without playing phone tag. Can also send and receive scanned in documents (e.g., school/work forms that require a provider to fill out) and pictures (e.g., like new insurance cards). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not all patients want to jump to messaging, so many continue to call for simple things like requesting refills of medications or confirming appointment times. This is not a knock on Klara, just that users are sometimes resistant to change. Overall, the patient response to Klara has been positive, though. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it! Get Klara Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Like I already said, it saves time that would be wasted playing phone tag. It makes it easy to send or receive documents and pictures. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Klara has been invaluable during COVID 19 when my practice switched over from in-person medical visits to virtual visits. The video conferencing is simple to use and I've gotten positive feedback from my patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Getting used to the format on different devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faster communication with patients in real time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
What do you like best?

Klara has really transformed my practice as it so much easier to communicate with patients and they love it as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Patients sometimes get annoyed with the daily pinging if they don't read the message Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Much better patient response to our messages compared to phone calls and emails Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I an communicate with patients and pharmacies directly and not have to play phone tag. I also like the fact that you can see when someone reads your message, it gives you confirmation that they received it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about KLARA. It is very efficient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Klara is a fast and easy way to communicate with staff, patients and pharmacies. It has really been a life savor Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to reach out to your patients directly and personally in a safe and controlled environment is amazing! I think the patients love being able to reach us directly and keep us in the loop with their needs/progress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Remembering to assign the conversation to yourself if you want to keep the conversation in your box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Quicker responses to patients, direct contact with their provider, reduced phone tag. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is easy to communicate with my patients and my staff from anywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. I use Klara daily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My patient can upload questions and complete a visit with me from their home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use for patients and providers! We are able to provide patient clear written information and reaching patients in a timely manner and best of all its SECURE! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Klara intergrated with our EMR charting system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its worth it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have a difficult time reaching some patients and this has helped with that significantly and cut down on our telephone tag! When a patient has a land line it shows how much time we were spending on simple calls before and the time we have saved with KLARA Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Dermatologist
What do you like best?

Klara is an easy way to HIPPA compliantly message patients in an efficient manner Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't always seem to get notifications, but that may be due to the individuals in my practice not alerting me Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can more easily contact patients and leave messages that are HIPPA compliant, eliminates phone tag Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Really enjoyed how easy Klara was to learn. Makes interacting with patients easy and efficient. I am also able to communicate with staff back and forth about a particular patient and updates. Our office is happy to integrate this into our practice. Will not disappoint! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Did not like how it can be difficult to merge patients as duplicates can be created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Merging existing patients. It is getting better I just have to switch the phone numbers for the guardians. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

fast and super easy communication platform - allows me to have an internal conversation with colleagues which speeds up the intake process and any incoming questions on the patient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

one thing i wish could change is the date of birth verification - if we even get one date of birth wrong the patient would not see our message Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

communication with patients and staff - with klara we get fast communication with both parties Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Tagging everyone that needs attention of and transmitting docs easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of as of now. I like it since. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Prompt communication to all patients and respond with them just like chatting on a messenger. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that I can communicate with the pharmacy, the patient and the office staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not discovered anything I don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient prescriptions, or questions relating with pt prescriptions. Instead of calling the pharmacy I just klara them which saves me the time and the wait on the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

its a quick way to respond to your patients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the amount of duplicate messages even after they are closed out coming in your inbox Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

communicating with patients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Klara is a great tool for doctor appointment scheduling and reminders. Not only reminds you like calendar but has all the information needed for your appointment, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had more features like online patient forms Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

great tool to manahe all appointenments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

scheduling and doctor information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient Concierge - Dermatology
Hospital & Health Care
What do you like best?

I really love the clean interface of Klara. It's very easy to use - both on the patient's end and staff's end. It is easy to navigate and updates immediately once a new message comes in. You can also add/send/download attachments and from the last time I used it, they were working on a way to integrate the initial patient registration forms on it so that patients can easily access and complete them online or the app prior to checking in at their appointment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I last used this in March 2017 and I'm not sure which changes were made since then, but I wish there would be a way to see if multiple staff members may have clicked into a patient's message so that two people wouldn't accidentally be working on one patient's message at the same time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you inform the patients that they will receive a text message or email asking them to confirm their account and set up a password. Let them know they can change their notification preference in case they do not wish to receive texts or email notifications. Offer to help them if needed. Also as a staff member sending messages, do not treat it like texting or instant messaging because a patient will receive a notification for each separate message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of patient communication in a HIPAA-compliant manner. Klara is very beneficial because of how easy it is to use - it feels like using FaceBook messenger. There is even an app so patients can more easily utilize the program with a mobile-friendly view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.