Google Marketing Platform Reviews & Product Details

What is Google Marketing Platform?

Google's DoubleClick™ provides ad management and ad serving solutions to companies that buy, create, or sell digital advertising. The world's top marketers, publishers, ad networks, and agencies use DoubleClick platforms as the foundation for their digital marketing. With deep expertise in ad serving, media planning, search management, rich media, video, and mobile, DoubleClick platforms help customers execute digital media strategies more effectively.

Google Marketing Platform Screenshots

Google Marketing Platform Profile Details

Google Marketing Platform Profile Details

Google
Description
Organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
1998

1-50 of 253 total Google Marketing Platform reviews

Google Marketing Platform Reviews

1-50 of 253 total Google Marketing Platform reviews
Ad Ops Specialist

"A platform that helps bring everything together."

What do you like best?

This was just recently updated to be called Campaign Manager. I love how the platform is essentially seamless. DoubleClick Campaign manager which I worked on the most also known as DCM integrates with DoubleClick Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager. It allows you to traffick ads via the DCM server and allows a user to pull reports on data to better understand performance and where you can improve.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting portion of the software. It can be very confusing to understand what kind of report it is that a user would be pulling. I have had to reach out to DCM support multiple times to better understand what report I would be pulling when I needed specific information but over time, it becomes easier. You definitely need to ask the right questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is fantastic tool to use when you want seamless reporting across multiple platforms.

Our biggest use for this is using it as a DSP and implementing pixels also known as 1x1s to track conversions and landing pages. It is a great tool to use and since we use other google products as well, it makes everything seamless.

Chief Digital Officer

"Meh for display great for search"

What do you like best?

The DoubleClick Search solution is by far the market leader over Marin and Kenshoo. Implementation is fantastic and easy to use. The system is also great at managing multiple isolated datasets, and controlling users permissions for access.

What do you dislike?

For Double click search It need lots of improvement in reporting and segmentation, business tables are heading in the right direction but needs to be fully supported throughout the product to hit the mark. On the Display side of the business its just needs a complete re thinking, setting up and reporting out on digital marketing should not be so complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have not found any Display campaign management solution that I really like, If ind that they are all cumbersome to build out campaigns, traffic and report out of. I do love the Doubleclick Search side of the product, if they could make the display side work as easy as the search side then this would be killer.

Needed a solution for tracking all marketing via a single platform to eliminate double counting and factor in multitouch interactions. This has allowed us to report and plan better with all paid channels, we still need a solution to factor in non paid interactions.

Digital Marketing Strategist

"Wouldn't say the best, but ya the worth it"

What do you like best?

The easy trafficking set is the best part in these channels and post the updations, optimization of the campaigns became very easy.

What do you dislike?

There are other products in the market, which have better options than Doubleclick, I believe it is high time Google being the industry giant, consider the bight Ideas of today's startups, as it will only add value to its already existing fame.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you'd like to learn basics for Digital Marketing, and you know adwords a bit, this is the best platform to step up. Be it for Bid Management or Campaign Management

I use Doubleclick for reporting, this is the closest product to Google Analytics, this will help me support my Google Analytics conversions support and attribute to the respective ad interaction

Online Marketing Manager

"DoubleClick for Search"

What do you like best?

The largest benefit is that all search accounts can be consolidated into one UI. As a larger advertiser we have multiple accounts with each engine and it's not always easy to make large scale optimizations if there is no tool like DDM in place.

What do you dislike?

The cost. The fee is based on ad spend that is being pulled into the DDM UI whether you are using any of their bid optimization tools or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be open to their betas and keep testing.

We are consolidating all of our search accounts with DDM and are also working on automating bidding. We have a very complicated business model that includes a verification process and has a delay in revenue reporting because of that. The DDM account team has provided endless support from their end to find a solution, whether it's bid strategies, business data or their inventory feed.

Campaign Manager

"The Industry Standard"

What do you like best?

Doubleclick is easily the most built out platform on the market. It's incredibly easy to build a campaign but at the same time they offer every nuance you could want in a DSP. The functionality of doubleclick paired with the ability to use floodlights makes DCM the best DSP on the market.

What do you dislike?

Reporting feature can be complicated and is constantly changing just like the name of the platform. When your using both the ad server and DSP stacked together the functionality is unparalleled, but why is it so difficult to find the proper reporting capabilities. I also think that their customer service team is intentional when they hold back certain pieces of information

My agency uses Googles DSP for display advertising. The ability to use both the ad server and the DSP in unison make the DCM product phenomenal for executing campaigns.

Real Estate

"DoubleClick works perfectly "

What do you like best?

Bringing together data from multiple channels and engines and allows you to visualize the data in an easy to use platform. This saves time from using multiple logins for the different platforms.

What do you dislike?

Within DoubleClick Managment (DCM) there are placements, ads, and creatives. The ads are created after a creative unit is assigned to the placement. I've noticed sometimes the ads default to "inactive" which doesn't allow you to track the unit. I have not figured out how to prevent this rather I just ensure all ads are set as "active".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wouldn't suggest trafficking display campaigns that don't have significant budgets because there won't be much insight to gain from minimal budget or dollars spent.

The overall DCM platform is very user-friendly and allows you to update creative assets very easily. This has often been a time-consuming process in our ad servers that I've used in the past. I feel as though DCM is very easy to navigate and learn in general. Prior to my position now, I had never used DCM and only took a few weeks to learn.

Social Service Worker
Hospital & Health Care

"Display Network for buying and selling advertising."

What do you like best?

This net work is for buying or selling and advertising the technologies into one flat form. it helps to mange the files or folders to open in a quick and easy way and integrate the work and media creation from one corner to the other corner. it is really helpful in the form of video and other files to run quickly. able to manage the data into a secure and faster manner and also the display and other videos and files.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any other concerns over using this product and I find it easy way of accessing the files and videos in a click and it is very much appreciated by everyone in the company and everyone likes it. it is the best way of thing done in a faster manner and accessing the files and the display of videos and files. through managing the cannels and mobiles and also the desktop

Recommendations to others considering the product:

best and easy to use

saving the time through double click marketing to access the files in a faster manner

"A seamless platform that brings all engines together"

What do you like best?

I like that DoubleClick allows and reports on data from multiple engines so it's one place where I can quickly see and access performance. It's also very beneficial that users are able to input their own KPI based on metrics and formulas.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about Doubleclick. Sometimes uploading bulksheets can take awhile and it will show there was an error when there wasn't. I've had to contact customer service a few times to figure out what the error was and at the end figured out it was just a glitch with the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's a great tool and platform to house in and bring together all your engines to one place you can access and report on data.

Using the data shown in Doubleclick, we are able to see what campaigns (ads, keywords) are performing the best and optimize them. We also use the bid strategies to ensure we pace towards budget and not go over or under the budget planned.

"The best option ever created for managing your Programmatic campaigns"

What do you like best?

First of all I love the fact that DBM is the only DSP allowing advertisers to take part in Youtube inventory. The inteface is beautiful, fast and intuintive. Support is quick and always friendly, which is definetly one of the most important things from a client perspective.

What do you dislike?

Same as I love that this is the only platform allowing acces to YT inventory, I also dislike tha G is making it restricted for other platforms to compete in the same market.

I can't think of anything else I dislike from DBM. After having worked with more than 3 different DSP I can only say that DBM is the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time reading all the wiki directory that Google has created. By doing this you will fully understand and embrace all the power and possibilities of this platform.

They really took good care of creating a wiki easy to access, read and explore.

If you have previously used other DSP, you won´t find big differences when you start using it. The interface is really intuitive and despite each DSP calls the campaign structure differently, you will quickly learn how to use it.

We got prio access to youtube inventory and have the option to run programmatic campaigns in this platform. Thanks to DBM we can accesss the inventory of the main ad exchanges fro display, video and native. The fees are not low but it is totally worth it.

"Effective, efficient, consolidated"

What do you like best?

Doubleclick is very user friendly from a trafficking and reporting standpoint. It also has many integrations that are helpful when searching for details about campaign setup and has added additional metrics in the reporting section that have helped ease the process of tracking a campaign's progress.

What do you dislike?

There should be an online chat option for people to get help from a certified staff/support member. I often times have a specific question that I am certain I can find the answer to within DCM, but I do not know where to go. Also, support staff can be a bit slow in responding to flagged issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the only platform I've ever used to traffic out campaigns, so I'm obviously more comfortable with it than I would be with other platforms, but I think it is intuitive and not overly complicated. I would recommend using it.

I can pull or set up regular reports to be exported and filtered by creative name, as well as pull results by custom floodlight metric for optimization purposes. When I first started working in DCM 3 years ago, these functionalities were not available, so I appreciate the progress that has been made.

Senior Technical SEO Director

"DFP is a great way to advertise a product. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that we can easily advertise for our clients. Including product placement and branded marketing through specified websites. This makes it easy for us to find the proper demographic without using just Google AdWords.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike is that since it's through a 3rd party (most of the time), a lot of advertising costs increase. I could likely get onto the same website for a client, product, or service for less of a CPM than if I was just using targeted placements on Google AdWords. Rather than paying $5, sometimes even $8 or more on CPM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend always attempting to go through sites directly rather than going through a vendor or third party.

I would say we're solving the problem of clients needing specified placements for their ads to target the proper demographics. It's definitely beneficial to be able to target exactly what website you want to advertise on, as well as where you want your ad to show up on that site and when your customer will see that ad.

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to pull the data for a certain brand or client between specific dates while also specify what data you are looking for, such as impressions or rates. It also makes billing much easier each month to be able to see the spend versus the impressions.

What do you dislike?

Because the data can be so granular sometime it is hard or may get confusing to pull a large data segment. It can also be confusing the first few times of use but gets easier over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend DCM to any other Media agency or agency in a related field that needs to pull granular data. You are able to see specific brands or products and be able to pull data segments against any data you may want/need to see. With this you are able to optimize you brand campaign to possibly re-target or change what you are advertising with. Also, by pulling DCM information you are able to easily bill your partner on what impressions went live and calculate that against contracted impressions and contracted cost.

We are able to see when our specific brand campaigns are live on the internet and how many impressions have been linked to each specific ad or banner. As stated before, DCM also allows easy steps for our specific brand billing processes. We are also about to optimize our campaigns with the information we can see on DCM.

AM

"straightforward to use, wide functionality"

What do you like best?

very wide functionality for ads of all different formats

unlike competitors, support for issues is also commonly available through forums

What do you dislike?

reports are not as easy to pull as for some other DSPs. the process to generate the data report is still intuitive on Google, but there are other DSPs that are almost one-touch

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to switch to it from another DSP. tagging is also significantly easier than competitors, due to having the Floodlight as a container which can integrate natively into so many website tools as well (eg. Analytics, Tag Manager, etc)

having a single integrated source of truth, with deduplication, for enterprise-level client

"Good products!"

What do you like best?

The DBM and DCM platforms are very straightforward and easy to navigate. I use this on a daily basis at my agency and the accompanying Academy for Ads tutorials are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Currently there are quite a few bugs/issues that occasionally interfere with daily operations (ie. adding campaigns into the Doubleclick Bid Manager), but the Google help desk is very responsive and provides good assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for overall campaign and bid management, but can have some bugs and it really affects the performance day to day.

I'm in programmatic media and using the DBM and DCM platforms on a daily basis for managing campaigns and programmatic ad buying in real time. It's nice that any updates done in one DoubleClick product gets updated automatically in another product.

Google Adwords Strategist

"Marketing Made Easier"

What do you like best?

I find that the main reason to use Doubleclick is that it's easy to use. Compared to other marketing platforms we've used, I find the UI intuitive and well thought out . I also personally like how comprehensive the overview of the sales funnel is designed to be. This actually helped us cutdown on our C,P,A, and increased our revenue when we saw that we were actually missing our target audience on display.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest issues I have with Doubleclick is that the features don't always work as intended. This is actually the main reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. They sometimes roll out great updates that are supposed to make it easier for the team like making multiple ad layouts that each team member could customize from a basic layout. However, this doesn't always work, and can put our team behind schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a user intuitive marketing software, for a larger office (at least a team of 10-15) this is one of the best choices available.

The data gained from the comprehensive sales funnel helped us cut back on our display spending and focus more on an emerging millennial market through social media.

"Organized & Straught Forward "

What do you like best?

Having no experience with trafficking, it was very easy for me to figure out DFP almost completely in about a month. They have video tutorials on everything so if you ever are confused or need a little extra help, you can just watch a video.

What do you dislike?

After using DFP myself and all my coworkers will notice that the program will start go go very slow, so every so often you’ll have to close out your window and open a new one. This usually helps, but then you lose your work spot so it can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The company I worked for also used a few other smaller trafficking programs, but DoubleClick was by far the most straight forward and easiest to use

My company uses this program to traffick ads to various sites. We work with very big retailers as well as well known brands, so it is important that we can ensure smooth uploading and clear organization between campaigns.

"DoubleClick - Useful but Clunky"

What do you like best?

I think the biggest selling point is how integrated this is with other products we are already using.

What do you dislike?

The interface is clunky and difficult to navigate. I think the UI could use a lot of improvements and could be streamlined to improve the user experience. The price point is also a tough pill to swallow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just know that at this price point you might expect the product to be "cleaner" and more streamlined than it really is. The price can be prohibitive for smaller agencies. But this does vastly improve most agencies ability to properly pace and monitor campaigns. The support team is very helpful and is a very important resource to utilize when using this product.

The biggest benefit is how integrated this is with products we already use. This is a huge help for managing client budgets and pacing appropriately throughout an entire flight.

"Industry Leader for Advertiser Ad Operations Suite"

What do you like best?

DDM is the complete package for any agency looking to track their digital media banner campaigns across the web. What I like best is the ease of use, the robust reporting and response customer support.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about DDM is that like other Google products they don't play well together. Since DDM is used as a third party ad server, ad tags generated from DDM can be used in other Google DoubleClick servers specifically DBM or DFP. Though they are from the same company on basically the same platform, stats can vary widely. Large discrepancies..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give DDM a serious consideration. There is a reason why more than half of agencies use DDM.

DDM allows us to track our digital marketing campaigns we have running with publishers and ad networks/ It allows us not to rely on publisher reporting which for all we know is falsified. DDM tracks our campaigns performance and gives us the ability to run reporting we would otherwise rely on the publisher for.

Marketing Manager

"Great...once you learn how to use it"

What do you like best?

Strong from analytical perspective: great for analysing performance. You can see all display campaigns at a glance. Fairly simple to integrate with other products.

What do you dislike?

Once you get started, it can get tricky until you learn the do's and don'ts. As with other Google products, it is is easy to set up and get started but you need experience in order to get the best of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DoubleClick is one of the most widely-used services. Take the time to learn it, and it won't fail.

Managing display advertising assets

Marketing Campaign Specialist
Consumer Services

"Don't be overwhelmed, this technology is your friend "

What do you like best?

it was easy to get started. It's a google product so its easy to sync and integrate with our other software like Pardot. It performs just like we want when we applied it to our strategy. We can run all of our display, mobile and search in one area. Easy to onboard.

What do you dislike?

Biding is a little wacky. We had a hard time at the beginning.

Optimization is a little wonky but thats probably an end user issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support is great. I think its a google product so you will not have any issues linking it to any third party software if you need.

We have almost an omni-channel marketing strategy going on and we want to keep everything under control and optimize as much without having to hire another team member. We want to make sure we are not losing money or wasting time on something that doesn't have an ROI.

"Industry benchmark tool for Search "

What do you like best?

Ease of use compared to other tools such as Marin and AMO, bid strategies usually work to target ROAS or CPA. Reporting functionality is smooth easy to set up dashboards etc. and automated emails with visualizations for other stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

Can be tricky to control budget pacing - reducing target ROAS or CPA does not usually mean a slowdown in spend. Campaign budgets have to be manually adjusted unlike AMO.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Support can thin for SMEs so consider the level of expertise you have in-house as pretty much have to be self-sufficient.

International accounts are much easier to manage and merge into one bid strategy. Reducing CPA on PLA campaigns a major benefit to date.

"Double Click "

What do you like best?

I use Double Click in my day-to-day work at an advertising firm. We use Double Click for analyzing both our Search and Display campaigns. Overall, I find it an integrated and helpful software, that allows my team to seamlessly and efficiently report out to clients.

What do you dislike?

I would say the downside of using Double Click software is that some of our sites are unable to use tagging for floodlights with it. Using site-serve data is less than efficient, and if would be great if all our partners were able to utilize Double Click for reporting purposes.

I use Double Click specifically for data analytics. The integration that it does offer, as well as the responsive technical support, helps us deliver streamlined insights into advertising campaigns, and ultimately better reports to our clients.

UR
(10,001+ employees)

"Best Campaign Manager. Period."

What do you like best?

DoubleClick is the best campaign manager out there. It has every feature you need and more from budget management, audiences, bid strategies, rules, etc. The support is top notch as well.

What do you dislike?

We are a Fortune 50 company and the sheer scale of our programs has caused performance issues in the past.

We use DoubleClick to manage and optimize our search campaigns. It offers powerful reporting features and makes it easy to view performance by device, engine, keyword, query, etc. On top of that, they have their own AI based smart bidding that has helped us optimize campaigns and save time.

"DoubleClick for Publishing"

What do you like best?

I love the interface of DoubleClick for Publishing compared to DCM. I work in media and can easily search for campaigns that I am working on. Downloading reports is also very seamless as well!

What do you dislike?

I do not like how there is usually a discrepancy in data between DoubleClick for Publishing and DCM. I really wish they would simultaneously work together and give the same data. That's the only thing I have issues with. The DCM interface is also not as nice to look at..

We use all our media for Target with these programs. We run all of our campaigns through these and have realized how smooth and seamless the integration is.

AS

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing | Overview"

What do you like best?

The platform is by far the easiest to train on, I have trained many of a people on the platform and it is the easiest from them to walk-through. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Th biggest issue with the platform would be the customer service - it takes a decent amount of time to troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is always best to have someone with experience within the platform before shifting to DDM. It will make the transition from the previous platform easier and it's best to have someone with the background.,

We use DDM for ad serving, reporting, campaign management and optimization. It is a great tool to use across the board.

Manager, Strategy & Analysis
(5001-10,000 employees)

"DoubleClick helps me do my job every single day - must use"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of DoubleClick. I use it every single day at my job in order to report on the performance of our marketing campaigns both on a macro-level and micro-level. The ability to dig down into specific actions as well as measure the reach and frequency of all of our trafficked media helps keep both our agency team accountable as well as measure our media partners in order to optimize our campaigns/activations in real time.

What do you dislike?

Particularly for search performance, DoubleClick's reporting and insights feature is not my preferred platform. In order to run a search report at the daily level, running and pulling the report takes far too long to compile. It's much faster to pull a search report directly from the search platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you've worked with other analytics or data management platforms in the past. Making the transition to working with raw data from pure UI can be difficult for those who are uninitiated in data management.

The problems I'm solving day-to-day are typically issues of optimization with our site-partners. For instance, I'll use rich-media reporting to A/B test our creative for interaction rates on multiple sites for click-to-expand video units. Since the same creative ran across multiple sites, we were able to determine where we should prioritize our spend in terms of media performance.

"Provides Solid Analytics to Help Maximize Campaign Effectiveness"

What do you like best?

DCM provides the ability to track a campaigns effectiveness, from clicks and CTR to performance by each individual unit size and type (i.e. static banners, rich media inline, pre-roll video, etc.)

What do you dislike?

The site is very word-heavy and could benefit from easy to read charts that would show effectiveness or places to concentrate optimization on at a quick glance.

DCM allows us to track the effectiveness of different unit types and allows our clients to track the effectiveness of our products against other mobile ad buys they are running, giving us an opportunity to stand apart from other competitors.

Associate Media Manager

"Great Software for Marketers"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that double click is able to consolidate difference paid search engines and show them in a consolidated view for more efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that it can't pull SOV and some more detailed information.

We use Double Click marketing for paid search reporting, and since our company was previously acquired by DoubleClick, then by Google, then sold to Publicis, we have a deep lineage of using DoubleClick.

Sr. Analyst, SEM & Social

"Sr. Specialist "

What do you like best?

I love how you can see real time data. The platform is very quick and you are easily allowed to make custom columns. There are never any tracking or data discrepancies. The bid strategies are very easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike except it would be nice to have my social campaigns within the platform as well.

The benefits of double click is being able to see real time data and seeing results happen In an instance. When the client is very persistent on seeing how today is going it is very easy to go In and see today’s performance.

Analyst
(5001-10,000 employees)

"DoubleClick Digital Marketing is an effective platform for advertisers"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to understand from the get go. I am able to switch between my trafficking and reporting tabs very easily, and it houses many advertisers information. Data exports are clean and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike with DoubleClick Digital Marketing. The alerts that pop up at the top of the screen in the blue bar can be distracting, and I'd prefer if they were in a bubble in the bottom corner or somewhere less obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend using DoubleClick Digital Marketing for anyone in a large advertising agency. It is a great platform to manage several clients and multiple people on multiple teams can easily access information in a centralized and organized place

My agency needed a platform to house all data gathered from floodlight tags and DoubleClick Digital Marketing does this very well. I can see a list of all floodlights by name, activity string name, group string name, and fires in the past two weeks. As an analyst, it not only allows me to quickly see all floodlights I have placed on a website, but it also gives me a detailed export.

Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Automation of paid search and no loss of data"

What do you like best?

It natively integrates with Google Analytics, especially Google Analytics 360 (formerly premium) which allows you to better measure and attribute the value of your search campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There's no easy way to just "subscribe". You need to license it from a middle man

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Negotiate prices, there's a lot of room for lowering the price.

Measuring a holistic view on the customer journey. This allows to truly measure the impact of brand awareness campaigns on other marketing channels.

Integrated Media Planner

"DCM sports an intuitive UI and robust reporting capabilities"

What do you like best?

Google’s emphasis on consistent design and easy-of-use carries through into its ad products, especially DCM. The similarity between DCM and Google’s consumer products (e.g. Gmail, Drive) makes it easy for somewhat with little experience to hit the ground running.

DCM’s reporting interface is similarly intuitive, and makes it very easy to pull everything from basic performance reports to larger attribution analyses.

What do you dislike?

Adding new media vendors and creating new user accounts are difficult processes, and could use refinement.

DCM allows my media agency to track and report on digital media performance.