DocSend Reviews & Product Details

DocSend Overview

What is DocSend?

DocSend helps business professionals share and control the content that drives the business forward. DocSend's powerful link-based system makes it easy to set security preferences for each stakeholder, receive notifications each time someone views your file, analyze content performance and create lightweight virtual deal rooms. Join over 15,000 companies that rely on share and manage sensitive information

DocSend Details

DocSend tells salespeople how prospects engage with their sales material. Have the right conversation, with the right person, at the right time, and do business faster.

DocSend

DocSend Reviews

Showing 306 DocSend reviews
Already have DocSend?
Event Organizer
What do you like best?

How easy it is for us to create new spaces for new products and suppliers that we work with. Additionally, the format of how the documents are visible when we share links is one of the things that I love coming from a design background. Additionally, the lead capture and NDA portion of this makes it a much more secure way for us to share what we are doing and retain our sensitive information along the way. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to pull the contacts in a clean format. Would love to be able to export a .csv

Would also be very beneficial to find a way to integrate our DocSend list to a CRM that organizes them such as Pipedrive or Hubspot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to send sensitive files this is absolutely a great way to do so, and would highly recommend using this platform. We utilize the platform every single day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have dealt with a lot of circumvention and miss use of documents in the PPE and chemical business throughout 2020. This platform has increased our ability to manage and track documents significantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to upload and send documents to customers quickly, this has been a great tool for us. Also nice that settings can be changed to allow or disable downloads, expiration, etc. Another great feature is that you can quickly copy links and turn them on and off. The tracking is very useful but most of all we appreciate that someone does not have to create an account view document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were more features on the paid version that allow for communication with the author-- such as ability to generate visible, clickable links to company website/company contact information on the document viewing screen for those who are viewing (rather than having to contact the author through descend itself). Other hyperlinks that could be created on the viewing screen would be helpful as well.

We have experienced that some company servers have a firewall that prevents them from opening DocSend links. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to send quotes and product information to our customers, and can see if they've viewed the product information afterwards. The ability to send documents and track viewing without having the burden of having them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in DocSend
What do you like best?

Tracking the documents and easy to use platform, easy to upload files and update files, Easy to create links that can easily be shared with many organization. The visibility that you can have of the documents makes easy to continuously change the messages and determine if your message is reaching the intended goal or if the message needs to be updated in order to achieve what your are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited collaboration to edit links, interface within an organization. We continuously have to update links based on the presentations updates and if the link was created by another team member it can be updated or de-activated. We have identify some fake emails that had been opening the deck certain validation will help on this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DocSend is a most for any organization that is open to feedback and that wants to continuously improve the message delivering. An if you are startups and going through the Fundraising process this will save your company and allow you to raise the money that you are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking deck opening from venture capitals, gain visibility and identify what's really important within the document. Ability to adapt the storyline and messages of the documents. We have send many decks and through DocSend we were able to identify which part of the deck the people was spending most of the time. During the pitch is important to know if the VC priorities are related to the Market, the Product, the Team o the Financial Projections. Since we started using Docsend it was easily to adapt and we have been successful in reaching the VC's and further continue with the Fundraising process. The same thing with internal documents which allows us to understand what your team really cares about. Using this has enable to keep attract our team and continuously update those messages that they dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

DocSend is really easy to learn and quick to use. Affordable too.

I really like the alerts I receive when recipients view my content. It helps me know two things; 1) how to follow up with my prospects, 2) gauge their level of interest.

My company has been using a different service for documents that require signature, but I'm thrilled that DocSend now offers this. I'll be researching. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes wonder if my recipients are weary about clicking on a link that is not from my company. I can edit how the link reads, but I've heard that doing so increases likelihood of getting caught in spam filters. Not sure if that's true. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The alerts tell me whether my recipient clicks on the content I send. If they don't, I know the opportunity is not that important to them. It gives me the opportunity to ask my prospects more questions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and it is powerful at the same time. Understanding who is opening which documents is very useful for next interactions, and also understanding which parts of a presentation are the ones that are being analyzed more detailed helps us understand in which areas we need to focus when presenting.

The E signature function has been very useful for our NDAs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The spaces feature might be a little confusing at first. It was difficult to set the right privacy and content availability within our internal team. Once we revised the options better it was easier to understand.

Also, the automatic watermark feature takes time to master.

One feature that I believe doesn't work is the download feature and the watermark. Anyone can take the downloaded PDF and convert it to a PPTX and eliminate the watermark. It takes some work but it is not that difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a service worth the price once you take advantage of all of its features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Protecting your presentations from unwanted sharing, also tracking who actually opens the information, and how much they spend on each part helps us understand what are the key parts of them.

The flexibility of having different security measure for different documents and different recipients is very powerful. Also, being able t modified a file, and the security features of said file even after sending the link is very useful.

In COVID times the e signature feature has allowed us as a firm to be more agile when sending and having NDAs signed by our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being able to get insights into the people we share our resources with. It allows us to customize the commercial presentations and so on. Since we use Docsend, it's being easier for us to track and improve our sales documents accordingly thanks to the insights. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It'd be great to categorize our material. Not a big deal, though. It'd also be great to have a monthly report so that we can improve our data-driven content improvements periodically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Need to manage sales resources? Docsend is your solution, a no-brainer.

It's a bit expensive but it also eases the hassle of content management and distribution. I strongly recommend it to people that manage lots of lead or that it need to consolidate a lot of marketing or sales resources in a single place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't need to send PDF documents and pray for our leads to review them. Here I'm certain when and if a lead opens a resource and also measure their level of engagement with it.

It's also great for our clients because they don't need to download anything. A common problem of sending a PDF through email is that once they download it, it often gets lost in the download folder and the lead never actually reviewed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The platform provides a secure method in which to share documents, with a variety of features that make the process easy to tailor, when needed i.e. tracking, document downloading, etc. The new features with sharing are great--creating links with different settings. Also the ability to turn off viewability of documents or spaces after a certain period of time is proving very useful. Customizing spaces is a nice touch, as is the ability to organize Spaces either with sections or folders. Extremely easy to upload documents--drag and drop is always a convenient feature. As is being able to pull uploaded content into a number of different spaces. Also like that you can update document versions in Spaces. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Navigation between different areas of the platform aren't as straightforward as they could be. Example: if I'm in a Space, and have clicked into a document, there isn't a hyperlink to return back to main Space--the back button can prove problematic if changes have been made to the Space, and the only other apparent option is to click back on the main Spaces hyperlink and then re-enter the Space from there. Also, would be nice to designate downloadability of individual docs in a Space, whereas now in creating the Share link, it's either all docs are downloadable or not. We have come across some issues with viewing of docs between internal users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DocSend is a great and easy to use platform in which to securely share documents and materials, with a variety of features and insights that make the process easy and even informative. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure document sharing. Ability to track those viewing content. Manner in which to transmit downloadable documents to users. The ability to be able to turn off documents and spaces after a period of time if very beneficial to us (and being able to set that time in advance even more useful), as it reduces our risk and liability, particularly because we do share confidential information with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-founder & General Partner
What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Nothing major to note here. It works well for my business needs. The price is not insignificant, but overall worth it for all of the features that they offer. I also use Hubspot which has a lot of the same functionality, but is not as fun to use. Docsend could add more to its contact management and create some level of CRM. That would help me manage my doc sharing more easily. What else is there to say about this product. It works well and I would recommend it to most startups that need any of its functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the free trial. It's worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking and sendings docs is hard to do manually. Docsend makes it easy. Nobody likes having to do all of this stuff manually and not even knowing if people are looking at your docs and for how long. The customization of differEnt links, docs, data rooms, and other sharing methods makes this product a perfect one stop shop for all things sales, marketing, fundraising and more. Easy to use and feature rich. Intuitive and simple, but has all the extra things you might want to analyze performance. I like the view by page and time tracking. I also love the permission settings and ability to edit docs that you have already sent. All around a great tool and would recommend trying it out for sales, fundraising, or anything else that requires doc sharing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like that DocSend is able to help us reach potential investors by just sharing a link. The functionality of being able to see who is actually interested vs. not interested is something that is important as we are able to track all the potential investors that have the link. The ease of being able to upload new documents is super helpful especially since every month, not only does our business change, we have new items we would like to add to dataroom. Overall, I have had a great experience and continue to plan to use DocSend as our Company continues to go through subsequent rounds of equity financing rounds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I personally do not like about DocSend is that we aren't able to separate groups of investors into different distribution lists. Rather, we have different spaces set up for different groups of investors. The other thing is when uploading documents to the different folders within each section, I wish there was a function where we do not have to go into the folder. Rather, have the ability to stay at the home page and be able to see which documents are in each respective folder. This would limit our time so we don't have to waste going in and out of each folder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend DocSend to others that are looking to fundraise especially if they are a startup company. DocSend is helpful for us looking professional and also being able to track, which investors are interested or not. From the potential investor standpoint, it is super helpful as they do not have to keep asking us where certain documents are, rather they can take a deep dive and look themselves and get a more whole picture of our company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The main problem I am solving with DocSend is the ability to track where my sensitive documents are going and who is actually interested from a potential investor standpoint. This is helpful for me as I am able to see where there is true interest. I am also solving the time functionality of going back and forth with investors as this takes up a lot of my time. By doing this, I am able to cut my time down and really optimize on the fundraising front. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The fact that you are able to see who is trying to view the link and how long they were viewing the link for. Also, it is very user friendly and that is most important for me. When you are able to send out one link vs 20+ attachments on an email then it shows how clean it is. This helps us on a daily basis be a bit more professional with our business. As a founder the best thing to do is for something to be as professional and clean and that is what DocSend is able to complete for us on a daily basis. This product definitely shows who you are as a person as people are willing to invest some money into easy to use softwares like DocSend to help scale and grow each company to the next level. At the end of the day it is the principle and the beauty of it to keep it growing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The price is pretty high for most consumers and businesses. Especially if you are a start up and on a tight budget then yes it is quite expensive on a monthly rate, but this definitely helps out on the long term when you need the professional aspect to your business. The simplicity and easiness is what I look forward to on a daily basis. Other then that there isn't much to dislike on Docsend as it is very easy to use and not hard to complete at all. It is very easy to share and enables users to get the full experience. Even though the monthly price is high it is something that I am willing to pay as a business as I see the added benefit and the pluses of using a company like DocSend when you are generating thousands a day on your business it is vital and crucial for your business to have all the necessary functions to get to the next level. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The advice I would give other is that I would recommend them using DocSend if you are looking to grow your business at a professional rate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems that Docsend solved was being able to get things out to business partners and investors in a clear dataroom. Benefits of having all the attachments under one data room. It makes it simple and clean especially if you are an outsider looking into the business. The simplicity is what is important. There are so many benefits but the easy to use feature is what helps it grow for me on a daily basis. There are so many benefits to this as it has helped many of my investors and users to feel at ease while looking through the dataroom. It is a good feeling to know that this service helps startups and other companies grow on a daily basis with the simple service and help it does. I am very content and happy with how this service turned out and I am looking forward to continue to use DocSend on a daily basis moving forward. It has been one of the easiest parts of my business is to be able to just share one link in order for it to go to multiple people. This has allowed me to become very happy with this service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

I love the reporting and notification system. It allows me to understand which stakeholders are engaging with what content, and we often use this as an inpu t when prepping for our meetings. I also like the content that Docsend shares with the community around the fundraising process, general tips on entrepreneurship, etc. The Docsend fundraising network is also a great program and tremendously valuable tot he startup community. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality from PPT gets distorted (e.g. videos, etc.). I'd also love to be able to protect videos (investor updates), but that doesn't really exist in docsend yet. I'm excited for the new features to roll out--e-signature is a great one!

The pricing is also quite high. We struggled with this before we had raised any funding--when balancing the tech we are spending money on, sometimes the Value/Cost ratio for docsend feels extremely high. Docsend is valuable, but it's MORE expensive that other tools we use to manage our entire operation (e.g. click up) and so it can sometimes feel not worth the expense. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you don't make it a pain to access pitch materials, sometimes email confirmation can create too much friction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It gives us a better understanding of stakeholder engagement with our content (investors, prospects, etc.). It also allows us to store all pitch materials in one centralized place for ease of sharing and visibility. Getting the notification of timing is also extremely helpful because we can use that to "conveniently" follow up at the right times with prospects or investors when we know materials are fresh in their mind, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple, straightforward to set up and use. Files are able to be uploaded and shared very quickly, and it is easy to limit access to certain documents to certain users. We were able to get set up in less than a day and the set up was painless. The cost seems to be pretty in line with industry average, but it is still relatively steep for what we're using it for. If we were taking advantage of every feature the site had to offer, we would be getting a great deal. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A bit clunky when trying to move files around from folder to folder. As mentioned, it is a bit expensive for what we're using it for, which is just data room and secure file sending. There is a bit of friction to getting the other parties the ability to access the documents you send them, and all the hoops to go through just to view a document can be off-putting to some of the people we may be sharing files with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to take advantage of every feature the site has to offer. You get a lot for what you pay for, just be aware of what you're paying for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're using it to host files for our data room which we are sharing with potential investors, as well as lawyers, and accountants. We also use it to send specific files and documents to potential investors. We do like the fact that we're able to see if and when someone opens a doc we send from docsign, and how long they spent looking at the document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder & CEO
Key Account Manager
What do you like best?

As far as I am concerned this is absolutely a great product. It is perfectly doing a great job. Amazing thing about it is that one can see live who is viewing the documents. I appreciate its ability of creating multiple different links for every single document. It is not only easy to use but also it is very easy to learn. I like the fact that it has the option of tracking viewers and also it has the capability for viewing how many number of times the viewers viewed the particular document. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It works perfectly. I think there should be option of integrating it with other CRMs for storing data. It is found to be difficult in handling large portfolios. One of the disadvantages is that it is quite expensive as compare to its competitors. Its limited free version is also a problem for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest it's team to include the option of sharing videos securely and safely. There is no other reliable and easy tool than this. It's super simple nature will make you big fan of it. I strongly suggest sales departments to give it a try. It will give you new ideas for managing documents in best probable manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has become most effective and useful tool and Its custom links are super helpful that helps users in differentiating different types and categories of pages. This is the safest and secure platform for sharing files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the fact that I can customize who sees my content and that it stays within the organization I wish to share the content. I also really like the information that I can share is organized with specific clients so I can see what information I have already shared with them previously. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat of a repetitive workflow when trying to share similar content with different companies. Not much else that I would add, overall find the user interface to be organized as well and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to organize what content is being sent to specific clients, and even using the password protection feature, I would recommend this tool for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single source of truth for content that should be shared externally. Organization of what information is being shared with the different customer segments that we have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Financial Analyst
What do you like best?

DocSend is the essential business requirement if you want to go on with precisely and want to bring transparency in your working. I am happy and satisfied customer of DocSend that has enabled me to get rid of the excessive filings and their manual organization. Through this tool I am capable of easily sharing the information with my team member, I do not have to figure out from where I have to insert the certain images or any URLs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have serious issues with its dashboard it gives a bulky appearance and I do not find the right icon for inserting and sharing the images with my team members. Also I have noticed that their customer support is not so active and the tracking of certain file consumes some good amount of time as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will highly recommend this tool to all the business organizations, but on the whole it will be beneficial to the large set ups as they have to deal with documentation more and more often. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I feel more confident in sharing the files with my team members and easily I am generating the clear reporting. Further through this tool I have pushed away all those files that were usually get corrupted and have broken links. This tool has really saved my time and allowed me to work professionally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager
What do you like best?

Love the ease of use and insight As a salesperson, having insight into when and what my prospects are viewing is extremely valuable. I'm able to focus my time on active prospects and use timely re-engagement to close deals quicker. Not only does it help me in my sales conversations, but prospects appreciate the timely reach outs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to get official signatures on documents as well - DocSend would become my all in one tool then. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’m able to schedule timely follow-ups with my prospects & stakeholders based on when they’re viewing my content. I go from being the annoying salesperson to a consultative seller. I don't have to share documents via Google Drive and have more control over my own sales process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Google Suite add-on allows to super quickly create and share versions of any document we had, which was a great productivity gain.

At the very beginning, we were also happy to get feedback on our pitch deck, which is a cool feature to have.

We liked the quality and thoroughness of the tips sent over email, which always seemed to be on point with what we were looking for trying to raise funds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When we tried to upload word documents (or pdf with the same content as that word document), the display for a recipient was not really great and we did not want to allow them to be downloaded. The interface for the recipient should be such that it appears full screen, so the font size (12) used is actually readable. Because of that we had to use Google docs with the right sharing settings which is horrendous given what we paid for DocSend to use it.

Honestly, for companies Seed rounds, the need isn't that massive and the price could be a bit of a turn-off as well.

The connexion to Google drive, was not super straightforward to us and we were actually willing to use that initially to keep it easier to update certain documents

The presentation feature is not great, I usually download and go on powerpoint because the interface does not appear as it should be on screeshare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Tracking the performance of our fundraise documentation

- Keep documents up to date without having to reshare massively with everyone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

My favorite part is the analytics -- love being able to see exactly how long someone has viewed your deck, what pages they looked at, etc. Really helps us to get a sense of sponsor prospects and what they're looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing -- we really love using it and get a lot out of it, and it's well worth the monthly investment! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use DocSend for all of our sponsor decks. Rather than having to constantly send hefty PDFs to prospective sponsors, we have one simple link that we can keep updated with the most recent deck. Plus, we can see who has viewed the deck and how long they spent on each page. It's really masterful and makes all the difference for us with our sponsor work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to control distribution of my documents, update them with newer versions without having to resend links and to see the dwell time on each slide on a presentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am actually very pleased overall, there is nothing about the service that annoys me or I feel is in need of improvement. I know that is not that helpful, but it is where I am with my Docsend usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of updating investment documentation that has already been sent to investors , controlling access to the documents and see user behaviour in the documents. I have more control over my investment process as a result. I have also been able to send out bigger presentations with more graphical content than would have been possible via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.