Cision Communications Cloud

Cision Communications Cloud

3.9

Connect your brand with influencers and decision-makers on one unified platform

Work for Cision Communications Cloud?

Learning about Cision Communications Cloud?

Cision Communications Cloud Reviews

Ask Cision Communications Cloud a Question
Showing 735 Cision Communications Cloud reviews
Mary Grace S.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Cision Communications Cloud
Alex T.

"Cision has been a valuable asset to our organization"

What do you like best?

The Cision Communications Cloud has been extremely helpful in our public relations efforts as a nonprofit organization. Between monitoring news outlets, providing a user-friendly way to send releases via email and tracking open and click rates, this has been a much more streamlined product compared to CisionPoint.

What do you dislike?

Obviously since we are a nonprofit organization, it's hard for us to justify spending extra dollars on add-ons such as web release capabilities (we currently still use CisionPoint for this) or TrendKite. While we are interested in incorporating these add-ons to our current contract, we are on a tighter budget and therefore are at somewhat of a disadvantage when it comes to these extras that could take our PR efforts to the next level.

List building has become much easier for us, especially with the bulk import feature. Once a year, we update our team contact and media lists and the changes are typically larger. In the past, I've uploaded each individual one-by-one and the bulk upload has made this much less time-consuming. I've also noticed that setting up email releases has become much more streamlined. The analytics portion of the communications cloud has also helped our department with our annual board meetings. Our presentations have grown to look cleaner and provide more clarity than in the past.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Ally B.

"Cision is great for finding different contacts and publications to pitch to!"

What do you like best?

Cision is great for initial research and allows me to find all types of contacts, publications and news sources for pitching. I am able to create different media lists for each of my clients and have them separated by tabs.

What do you dislike?

When researching a publication name or contact name, if you type it in incorrectly, it wont pop up so you have to make sure that all spelling is accurate. Also, sometimes not all of the contacts are up-to-date. Occasionally, I'll come across a contact that no longer works for the publication and I'll have to let Cision know to update it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that media contacts and outlets are up-to-date. I don't always have the time to update my media lists and occasionally, I receive bounce backs or emails stating that the contact no longer is with the publication.

We are able to find the right industry publications and contacts to pitch for client news and secure coverage. Also, for certain clients and publications, we are able to report back on the PR value and certain metrics.

John P.

"Leverage for the Start-Up"

What do you like best?

As a start-up, every dollar counts, let it is vital to "get the word out" especially for a new emerging business model. The Cision Cloud is one cost effective tool we use to gain needed visibility, in a format where we can control the message and not have to depend on a high priced "specialist" firm. I have to admit, there is an awful lot there for the newcomer to absorb, but support has been great, both in the general information sites, and directly, when we have asked for someone to help. Again, this is a great tool for the start-up, a "must have" on the list.

What do you dislike?

No real downside, although sometimes, again, there is an awful lot to absorb to learn to do things right. There are a lot of information areas for support, we just have to find the time to read it all.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Study up, do your homework, then sign up.

Again, getting the word out to proper media for a start-up is vital. Being able to control this message without a lot of external expense is, I think, just as important. Cision Communications Cloud helps us do both...

CJ O.

"Really glad we made the switch"

What do you like best?

I love how detailed and accurate Cision's pitch profiles are. They give me so much information about the people I'm trying to pitch to so that I can make a really tailored appeal. I also like the ability to search by keyword and by "talking about."

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many steps it takes for me to do reporting back and analyze my coverage by campaign. It take a lot of legwork day to day to get a complete picture at the end of the quarter. I also don't like that it doesn't have a measurement of how many people skimmed vs. read an email, only open or no open.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With the new addition of TV Eyes, Cision is obviously a major competitor to other similar platforms.

We've been able to track coverage of a specific issue that didn't necessarily have our name on it through keyword search campaigns.

Greg S.

"Gives us everything we need and more"

What do you like best?

One of the things I like most from Cision is the ability to find local reporters and journalists that are talking about our industry - either in recent news articles or on their social media platforms. It gives me a good contact person to start with if it is a new news outlet to our organization.

Beyond that, the customer service is top-notch. Our representative is always lending a hand and helping us to use Cision to its fullest. I also rely heaving on the customer service team when I am struggling to find specific content. I can always rely on them to locate it, allowing me to use the analytics towards my media monitoring.

What do you dislike?

There are times when Cision doesn't always track relevant news articles for us - even if I think we have relevant search terms that should capture it. However, thanks to a fantastic customer service team, the issue is resolved almost 100% of the time. And if certain articles can't be captured, they add the outlet for future monitoring purposes.

For one, it allows us to analyze our media mentions as an organization, but also monitor both paid and earned media placements as well. Cision has also given us the tools to monitor industry-related news that can then be shared throughout our entire organization.

Lindsay S.

"Good Database"

What do you like best?

I like that you can search for journalists based on keyword and even select where that keyword appears in their profile. So I can easily gather every radio station contact that has "news" included in his or her job title, or in the contact's description, etc.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing is that you can't search by DMA or radius in Canada. This tool is very handy in US searches. But when it comes to Canada, I have to stare at a map to make sure I've got all the contacts in the area, but not contacts that are too far away. I dislike that you can't upload a logo to the top of your press release distributions -- you have to have access to a website in order to turn your logo into a link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cision is a good media database and a good system for distributing press releases via email. It can be difficult to include a logo at the top of your press release -- you need access to a website in order to turn your logos into links. My recommendation is to talk to all media database companies in order to get the prices down.

We used Cision for several years, strictly for creating media lists and distributing press releases by email. Before this, we used Vocus. Cision works fine. Next month, we're switching to Meltwater simply because of the cost savings. It'll be interested to see the differences.

Fuzz M.

"The Only Game in Town"

What do you like best?

Cision Communications Cloud is the most comprehensive public relations tool on the market. The improvements made to the platform over the years are extraordinary and this is the only real tool for professionals.

What do you dislike?

There are still problems copying and pasting in from Microsoft Word into the email platform, but that is more of a training issue with employees than anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to learn all of the features to get the most out of your subscription.

We use Cision Communications Cloud to find and connect with appropriate media contacts and measure earned media coverage. Other platforms that we have tried do not have the robust databases of contacts and influencers, nor do they appropriately measure coverage like Cision does.

Dave R.

"The standard for media contact research and list building, with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

My firm uses Cision every day for gleaning information on media professionals. With teams pitching media every day, Cision is a tool that's essential for identifying information about relevant outlets, finding the relevant contacts, their locations, and learning more about what they're writing about. Cision is also useful when we're researching a contact or a new media outlet, and we can trust the information in the Cision media database.

What do you dislike?

While we understand the challenge of verifying contact information, it's not always up to date. With an always-growing media landscape, and with the frequency of job changes in the media, Cision may be a good starting point, but users still have to relay on their research expertise to execute successful media relations outreach with the Cision software.

My agency is oriented around a digital-first approach to media relationships and Cision offers a large database of non-traditional contacts. Our Cision tools also solve for understanding our media coverage through clip reporting that pulls outlet information and reach numbers.

Vincent C. S.

"It's not the end all be all"

What do you like best?

Cision is a fantastic option for jumpstarting a search; if I need to know what publications exist for a specific beat, this tool serves as a proper resource. General inquiries are where Cision software thrives. Larger publications and non-trades seem to be the best fits for accurate targeting. When drawing closer to the trade publications, things get a bit messy and at times, we end of pitching irrelevant info to reporters.

What do you dislike?

More times than not we only uncover a bunch of non-pr contacts who either switched positions or beats. The more specific the reporter beat, the higher the likelihood that there's a mistake. In theory this could be the ultimte tool, but it lacks timeliness.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the contacts with a grain of salt and make sure that you're doing your own research as well. Cision is not the end all be all of media targeting.

Identifying publications to pitch for client news.

David C.

"A Great Platform for Connecting You to Members of the Media"

What do you like best?

Cision is an easy to navigate and powerful tool that makes connecting to influential members of the media easy. I have used the company for almost four years now. I implemented it at the last two jobs I've held, and I feel that they give more bang for the buck than their competitors, hands down.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, their research team seems slow (but this is getting better) in updating media shifts. Also, it can be frustrating when that one member of the media you really want to find isn't in their database.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I first started using Cision when I worked for Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. I found it to be an invaluable tool. When I went to DG+CO, I convinced them to switch from Meltwater to Cision, and my entire team found the product to be superior. At my current company I am the first in-house publicist they have had, so I requested Cision for my needs here and was able to obtain it. In the four years I have been using Cision, it has only gotten more powerful and more reliable.

I'm using Cision to stay up-to-date with who is writing where. I use their database of members of the media to know whom I should be pitching.

Samuel M.

"Cision revamped reporting for our firm"

What do you like best?

The analytical power of cision is unmatched. For quarterly and yearly reports all of our data is instantly crunched and put into easy-to-read visuals and graphs. It is great that you can also compare your competitor's coverage and even check to see why SOV changed through top articles. It allows qualitative and quantitative reporting to be done quickly.

What do you dislike?

The integration with google adwords is still a little hard to navigate for some of my clients. It may be because of the client's websites, but some data does not transfer over. Because this is the route that PR reporting is going, I am optimistic about this feature being reworked and perfected.

Reporting, Pitching, and following pieces of coverage.

Logan K.

"Top of the Line"

What do you like best?

Cision is a very easy to use tool for any level of public relations. It is highly navigable with extensive contact information and analytics. It's much easier to use and more efficient than other softwares I have tried. It also has a highly functional reporting feature that is customizable.

What do you dislike?

I periodically do find outdated contacts but less than the other software i was using. I don't totally understand all the analytics and wish there was an easy to use resource (kind of like a 'dummy's guide') to understanding them and explaining them.

Developing new media relationships and discovering media I didn't know existed, tapping into reporters' social media personas and finding out what they write about.

Alyssa F.

"Cision is very easy to use for press release distribution and reporting"

What do you like best?

We can distribute press releases very quickly to a targeted media audience in just a few clicks. Their team of editors also provides feedback on the release prior to distribution and will suggest edits or additions that will help with pickup and engagement. The interface is easy to use once you learn what the fields mean and is flexible for adding images and optimized content.

The distribution reports are available very quickly after the releases are distributed and you have access to them at any time on your dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Without being walked through how to use the distribution channel first, it can be confusing to figure out on your own. Billing can be a bit tricky depending on your contract, setting up in advanced saves money, but can limit tools available to you if you only paid for a certain amount of releases and extras like images.

Cision has allowed us to distribute our own press releases vs. using a firm to publish, and saving budget dollars as a result. This has also made turnaround time for publishing very quick, usually only 20 mins from document upload since I can publish my own content.

"You get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

Cision is easy to use and basic to understand. There are no frills about it.

What do you dislike?

There are much more sophisticated platforms out there, but at triple the price. Every time I want to make a change to how our results are filtered, I have to go through our rep. Wish there was a user way to make those changes. Most every time I ask a question, my question is questioned with something else or not understood correctly the first time, always by email instead of clarifying on the phone. A quick phone call could clarify that and maybe provide additional suggestions instead of using that time to type, instead.

In addition, not all stations are monitored, nor are some up and coming online sites monitored. It's frustrating to see a clip appear on a google alert but not get picked up by Cision. We know we are missing clips but if you don't know about them, you can't ask about them.

Some clips also appear without a value or reach. This is frustrating. Although valuing a clip is somewhat antiquated, it should be all or nothing, vs some having values and others not.

Not all influencers are added to the database or removed from the database in a timely manner. I've found influencers who joined stations 6 months prior and they are still not included in their current position. Keeping up your own database is a regular task.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Find out your needs. If you only use media monitoring locally where you're aware of the media pickups, it might make more sense to use Cision vs a more sophisticated platform. If you are doing more national press, consider all of your options, especially if budget is not an issue.

Media monitoring/clip count by DMA/Overall value and reach/scheduling press releases/identifying influencers in the market.

Jennifer D.

"Cision: A PR Too"

What do you like best?

Cision offers PR professionals a one-stop-shop experience in that you are able to identify media and influencers, build media lists, monitor media's social media posts, distribute pitches and press releases, montior for brand and competitor coverage, receive email news alerts on coverage and analyze coverage based on a significant amount of data points such as news by date, news by media market, news by outlet type, total impressions, news sentiment, social media amplification (likes, shares and comments of online earned media coverage, web traffic as a result of news coverage, conversion as a result of media coverage and much more.

Additionally, Cision offers many strategic tools such as:

The ability to search what reporters are talking about on social media

The ability to search keywords in a reporter's profile (For example, if a reporter covers something niche, it may be in their profile)

The ability to track email distributions including open rate, click through rate, etc.

What do you dislike?

Cision just onboarded TV Eyes as its broadcast news monitoring partner. This is a great switch as TV Eyes provides more comprehensive monitoring (More TV stations, radio stations) so will result in more comprehensive media reports. There have been, however, some hiccups in the transition in the data now always appearing and/or being incorrect. We are hopeful this will be resolved quickly and the support team is aware of the issues.

We are able to manage our communications all in one place, unifying all efforts.

Additionally, Cision has allow us to:

More targeted pitches to media who will care about our announcement

More targeted pitches to media based on previous news coverage

Increase in news coverage

Ability to predict news coverage based on clicks of email distributions

Ability to test different email subject lines to maximize open rate

Crystal D.

"Your PR Assistant"

What do you like best?

Pulling news coverage reports are so easy. It helps keep me on top of what coverage my company is getting. The ability to set up daily alerts is very helpful. Being able to search for relevant outlets and reporters in areas I'm not familiar with is such a time saver. The customer service has been top-notch, too.

What do you dislike?

I would like if the alerts had the option to receive them as they arrive or at least hourly, but currently, it's only available daily.

Cision allows me to use my valuable time more efficiently, doing what I love, rather than spending it on hours of research and filtering through pages of disappointment and frustration.

Matt D.

"Cision is a must have software"

What do you like best?

We use Cision on a daily basis to check for news including our clients, find readership and unique visitor numbers, discover new media contacts and cull media lists.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software moved faster. It would also be great if you could copy press release blasts and just make simple changes (like list to blast or title) as opposed to having to start a whole new release each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use this product if you are doing media for a national market for ease of finding media contacts and tracking your work. Be patient with the software which at times is a bit slow.

Cision helps us ensure we are hitting the right media targets with our campaigns and offering accurate numbers to clients in terms of readership.

Paul A.

"Comprehensive PR Solution"

What do you like best?

The media database is deep and accurate, both with traditional journalists and influencers. And when I discover a new outlet, the Cision support team handles requests quickly and updates the database.

In addition to the media database, the analytics tool helps us both measure our success and justify our program. It's intuitive and comprehensive without being cumbersome.

Some of the additional features - like HARO and editorial calendars - have also been helpful as we've looked for new earned media opportunities.

What do you dislike?

While I like that Cision continues to build out its platform and acquire new solutions, I'm not always clear about what's included in our contract, which leaves me wondering what I might be overlooking or not leveraging.

Cision is our one-stop solution for our earned media program. It's a comprehensive tool that's helped us amplify our PR program and drive brand awareness.

Natasha P.

"Analytics & Media Monitoring"

What do you like best?

I use Cision frequently to identify reporters and influencers, and to gather media coverage analytics. The platform is easy to navigate and saves a lot of time in gathering this information.

What do you dislike?

Some changes must be made through the Cision rep, which can be difficult to navigate when crunching on tight deadlines.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Identify your needs, then see how Cision can work for you. It's a powerful tool that is integrating digital and social with traditional media. They are continuing to acquire new platforms as well so there is a distribution aspect that can be used once the media lists are built. On the flip side, I recommend taking advantage of the breadth of monitoring tools that are available, such as online, print, broadcast and social.

Sometimes the searches don't populate as they should when adding a less common variable, such as seeking Spanish-language clips.

Julie R.

"Great database, but not always up to date"

What do you like best?

I use Cision for its media database and press monitoring. It's a great place to start when building a comprehensive media list, complete with contact information and social profiles. I love that the reporting shows media impressions, PR values, and gives many options for fields to include.

What do you dislike?

Many times, the data is not completely up to date, or some press that I've worked with are not in the database at all. It can be hard to track moves or new writers. Additionally, the press reports are great but not as thorough as a search on google. I love seeing the PR values, but they sometimes seem so exaggerated it's sometimes hard knowing what is fact.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cision is one of the most complete databases out there. However, some media contacts can be out of date - which I know they are working on making that more in-the-moment. Also, I love press monitoring, but not all of my actual earned coverage will show up!

Cision is a great media database. The search is vast and includes so many contacts that might not be searchable on regular social media profiles or on media websites. I also have recently been taking advantage of the press monitoring - which is really helpful but not as complete as I'd like it to be.

Andrew C.

"Excellent Tool for The Modern Comms Professional"

What do you like best?

I like that the tool is intuitive and easy to use even for communications novices. My team and I have been big fans of Cision's PRNewswire service, which we use for our agency's and clients' press releases. Also, I have found the support staff at Cision to be helpful when I run into issues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at the moment; I think Cision has done an excellent job developing their tool.

For a small agency where I am one of two people involved with PR activities, Cision allows us to offer clients news distribution services that previously only big agencies had the resources for.

April G.

"Good monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

I utilized Cision for online life motoring for my customer's influencer business, and I was most satisfied with the quick information gathering of the record and name makes reference to over various stages including Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. The highlights are anything but difficult to utilize and it made my work significantly more productive. Adore it!

What do you dislike?

I hate how there is an extra expense for transferring every medium rundown. It can get in all respects expensive when you need to include a media list for a particular customer since you're just permitted such a significant number of before they charge you per contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On the off chance that you are in advertising, it's an unquestionable requirement! It's a venture that is fundamental to the development of business. Take a demo and see what you think. We've been astonished by all that Cision can give.

I use this product to see where important substance is being made which enables me to focus on the right news sources. It's a valuable apparatus in indicating top administration that what we are doing in PR/media is having an effect on numerous dimensions. Particularly in the field of advertising, contacts are everything and enable us to contact the correct gathering of people and the correct media. Outlets have quick turnover rates so it tends to test watch everybody on the double, yet Cision enables us to show improvement over we could have done something else. It's a pleasant asset for giving customers the best administration that they pay for. It's a venture that is justified, despite all the trouble over the long haul.

Mackenzie S.

"New Improved(?) Cision"

What do you like best?

I like Cision because it gives users a comprehensive database with top-tier, trade, blog and international outlet insights. They do a pretty good job at updating the webiste and I like that the new version gives more background on how to pitch/contact reporters.

What do you dislike?

Okay... I am very used to the old Cision, which was a million times easier to get the email/number of a contact without going to a new page. So I don't like this two-step process. I also don't like that they have now separated a lot of the outlets into individual bureaus. Before I could look up Fortune and get Fortune's bureaus, international and online reporters in one line. Now I need to download them separately. They have also removed some of the filters we used to be able to use, and that is also frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are new to the program you will like it a lot. If you have used it in the past and will restart using it, be aware that the changes they have made make the program less user-friendly.

We use Cision to pull media lists to pitch and as a source to get outlets insights, like circulation. I don't think we "realized" anything, we know what we were paying for.

Liesl K.

"Great way to create a media strategy"

What do you like best?

Cision Communications Cloud has allowed our company to start strategically tracking our earned media and competitor media mentions. We are able to gain a better understanding of what is happening in our market space across not only our clients but also our competitors.

What do you dislike?

One of the biggest downsides to Cision Cloud is the inability to track LinkedIn traffic and engagement. LinkedIn is where our biggest social media audience is and to not be able to utilize Cision Cloud as an all-in-one service is a downfall.

We have now been able to create a strategic earned media and content strategy through this portal.

Learn more about Cision Communications Cloud

Cision Communications Cloud Videos

Learning about Cision Communications Cloud?

* We monitor all Cision Communications Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.