Cision Communications Cloud Reviews & Product Details

Cision Communications Cloud Overview

What is Cision Communications Cloud?

Cision Communications Cloud® empowers communicators with the industry's most-powerful tools ever assembled. Reach the right audiences, deliver impactful results across traditional, digital and social media, and track your brand in one integrated solution. Automated analysis helps you easily report and translate your campaigns into valuable insights.

Cision Communications Cloud Details
Danish, German, English, Finnish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Cision Comms Cloud® helps you execute PR campaigns that drive real business results – and gives you the metrics to prove it. The Cision Communications Cloud allows you to easily target the right journalists and influencers, engage audiences individually and at scale, measure the true value of earned media, and integrate those insights with your partners across marketing.

Cision is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision's software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Today’s communicators know the importance of measuring their earned media impact, and with the Cision Communications Cloud, they can do so with ease.

Cision

Cision Communications Cloud Screenshots

Cision Communications Cloud Reviews

Showing 1,028 Cision Communications Cloud reviews
Showing 1,028 reviews
Already have Cision Communications Cloud?
Content Marketing and Public Relations Specialist
What do you like best?

We have just used Cision as a distribution tool via PR Newswire but we really enjoyed the visibility report after the release as well as the large pool of journalists that received our release compared to other distribution sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Our release needed to be sent quicker than the traditional process and along the way, each step of preparing for our release to be sent took a bit longer than the maximum time window given. This wasn't a huge deal but I did have to call and wait on hold for a while before assuring that each step moved along quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to submit your release and pre-plan enough time throughout the process so that it doesn't come down to the last minute. Truly our only struggles were trying to get that release out as quickly as possible in a single day. But even in a day, it's still possible! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problems: lack of visibility, small personal network with which to share product releases

Benefits: extremely large database of journalists that press releases are distributed to, clear visibility report to advocate for the value of the cost to CEO. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Communications Director
Senior Director, Media Relations
What do you like best?

CISION makes what was once a daunting task, which became an impossible task, now possible--that is, a system that allows me to chart local, regional, national and international media on all manner of search times for the benefit of my client. Further, with access to both PRWEB and PRNEWSWIRE, I have two of the very best tools for disseminating my client's news. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Given the explosion of social media, and what seems like a new website every five seconds, it's a daunting task, I know, to keep up with changes in media personnel, etc., so the one "dislike" I have is really not a dislike, but more like a "keep up the good fight"-effort in ensuring media lists are as up to date as possible! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cision is always seeking ways to serve their clients better! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CISION monitoring is helpful in showing where my client "fits in" within their industry and in comparison with their competitors. It's a useful tool in showing top management that what we are doing in PR/media is making an impact on multiple levels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Cision Communications Cloud
G2
Vice President of Communications
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

Like other platforms, Cision is pretty easy to use and navigate once you get the hang of it. It's packed with valuable information about journalists and others, including a pitch profile. The database seems to be regularly updated and I don't think I've ever run into a problem with contact information that I've pulled from the platform. I like the media monitoring options as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the platform options are a little difficult to figure out at first. For example, when logging back on to the platform to change media monitoring preferences, it was difficult the first few times to find the area of the platform I needed to be on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As the VP of a PR firm, we need to stay on top of the news for our clients. Cision does a great job of alerting us to the stories that most impact our clients through a couple of simple clicks and entering a few keywords. We also need to make sure our media lists are up to date on a regular basis, and Cision helps to keep us on track with keeping our lists as fresh as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Social Media Manager/ Digital Content Producer
What do you like best?

I like that is a wide scope of mentions and news from all parts of the internet and even broadcast that mention our organization. It also helps that we can send press releases out through Cision, do some social listening as well as analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really noticed anything that I dislike at this point of using Cision. This product has been a benefit to us as a department after having tried other similar type platforms in the past. We made the transition to Cision and don't see going back to anything else anytime soon. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Cision and believe it can benefit organizations in a variety of capacities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cision allows us to see what is being said about Troy University. We get mentions through various news sources around the globe and it is delivered to us in a timely manner in an easily digestible form. We have seen it is much easier to use this service than trying to do anything like this ourselves! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of the features that I like the most about this software is that most of the time when we have a question or a particular problem in relation to the functions of this system, it is that its technical support always helps to users to satisfy their needs in an immediate way, providing balanced and very intuitive information, to solve said mishap, which means that apart from its analytical and advertising purposes, it acquires peculiarities that are primarily involved in its operators, guaranteeing a percentage our satisfaction with the services it offers, which is one of the most striking points that Cision contains from my point of view. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cision must implement more functions according to its particular purpose once integrated into a certain business platform, one of these characteristics would be more publications at commercial levels, so that the organizations that carry out these economic operations, maintain visibility and transparency, for the marketing processes that a particular company may entail, without excluding that its user interface is programmed with somewhat inappropriate and old graphic aspects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The media database maintained by Cision Communications Cloud is ideal for organizations that proceed to carry out work with relations to the communications media, whether based on reporters, journalists or another person with influence on the merit to spread content equitably, being ideal for large companies that acquire an extensive amount of information and massive news, which for areas related to the commercialization of the products and services that you obtain, as this software is one of the best options you have to use and integrate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We currently use Cision as a media database, which is of great importance to us to monitor and track highly influential individuals or web platforms, for the extreme publication of advertisements about our products and services, in other outstanding aspects, it is that when we are looking for a certain reference at a specific rate, our department can compile all the relevant characters with important bases in development to disseminate content, and thus carry out our most conducive reach effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how I can build out searches so I can find exactly what I need. I use Cision as a starting point to start searches and then starting narrowing it down to the exact targets. And not to mention you can save all these lists out and edit right in the platform - very convenient. I also like the export feature and how you can build your own media list template to fit your needs. Also, you can save this template so you can export the same every time. I use this feature a lot when building media lists! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish the searches could get more specific, but it helps when you can filter out once you have a search done! I wish the freelancer area could be more sectioned out, but I also understand that is hard to create as freelancers are always working on different things. The TV search is also my biggest pain point, as they are a lot labeled as the same station/network that requires additional research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding the right media contacts for sure. Cision seems to have the most update to date database, which is critical for pitching! I also can find the contact information I need - email, phone, website, job role, etc. The biggest benefit of Cision is the media list building compared to other platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Admin capabilities make my life very easy for setting up accounts. Creating media lists is seamless. Creating custom exports helps reduce formatting time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to bulk upload coverage if need be (maybe this is possible and I just don't know?) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend as the service team is extremely helpful and quick to answer questions or assist with setup requests. The global tracking capabilities are very helpful if you need them and the analytics make data readily available. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solving where our clients stack up compared to competitors and where they can perform better to increase SOV compared to competitors. Benefits are that KPIs are readily available based on search setup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the purpose that the platform serves—helping users find various contacts at media outlets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the layout for the navigation is a bit old and could use a bit of an overhaul. The design of the navigation itself is a bit bland, and I would like the navigation to be a bit more intuitive and colorful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working on updating our media contact list, which had become out of-date. I want to ensure that our information is current for our press release distribution. I have realized the benefit of Cision providing access to outlets that I was previously unaware of. I also appreciate that it provides all available contact info for media contacts/outlets. I have realized that I can use Cision for media monitoring and analytics. I was previously just using Googe Alerts and Analytics for these purposes, but Cision's platform is much more comprehensive and robust for this need. I find it to be very helpful for me to make data-driven decisions regarding who I target in my media outreach, as well as determining which platforms are generating the more engagement. Finally, the social media aspect of the platform is highly useful as well. I appreciate getting to see which of my social media posts are generating the most "likes" and engagement, and it's very helpful overall. I think Cision is a great platform, and I would recommend it to anyone in the communications/marketing field. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Cision Communications Cloud has up to date contact information and excellent UI for media monitoring. It catches stories my team misses through our daily searches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We are a small business and it is somewhat expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our client contacts want us to reach out to the media to tell their story, and then measure our results against competitors in a share of voice pie chart. We measure our results quarterly for most clients.

The benefits are as follows: 1) reach journalists and analysts faster with complete contact information 2) increase the number of stories we get per quarter and 3) easily measure our share of voice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Corporate Communications Manager
Public Relations and Communications
What do you like best?

Cision platform adjusts to the users' level of expertise and real people follow up to ensure that you follow best practice and optimize your content and reach. The system is incredibly easy to use and though set up help was offered, it wasn't needed. The team has been responsive and proactive. Our first release yielded excellent results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. I am still fairly new, but very pleased so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cision will save you time and money in the longterm vs. a PR firm and is comparable in cost to other systems, but more comprehensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are making adjustments in response to the business and market impact of COVID-19 including bringing all PR activities in house. Cision has allowed us to streamline the workflows of many into the work of 1 full time employee. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Having a resource for circulations and UVPMs is great. Also is a good starting points for media list contacts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the contacts are outdated even recently, so they could use a refresh. Also it can be a bit hard to pull lists at times if there are a lot of contacts. I believe they stop pulling after 1000 contacts, but some of our bigger brands require more that that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Gaps in media lists, finding UVPMs and circulations and contact information for specific contacts whether its a separate email or cell number for use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sr. Communications Specialist
What do you like best?

I use Cision frequently to identify reporters and influencers, and to gather media coverage analytics. The platform is easy to navigate and saves a lot of time in gathering this information. I find that the analytics are more comprehensive and more frequently updated than other platforms. I believe that Cision has the most accurate analytics there are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some changes must be made through the Cision rep, which can be difficult to navigate when crunching on tight deadlines. Sometimes the searches don't populate as they should when adding a less common variable, such as seeking Spanish-language clips. Also, in order to use the social analytics, the account has to be linked to a social account. We have a corporate account and many people have logins for the account, so we would need to provide multiple logins. Our organization decided it was best not to, so we can't use that feature. Wish there was a workaround or better solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Identify your needs, then see how Cision can work for you. It's a powerful tool that is integrating digital and social with traditional media. They are continuing to acquire new platforms as well so there is a distribution aspect that can be used once the media lists are built. On the flip side, I recommend taking advantage of the breadth of monitoring tools that are available, such as online, print, broadcast and social. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

By partnering with LexisNexis, Cision has a comprehensive library of print clips. I wasn't able to pull these print clips in other media monitoring tools, they were simply not included. When our client mentioned wanting to know about print clips, we were able to turn to Cision to pull a comprehensive monthly print monitoring scan. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Public Relations, Marketing
AP
What do you like best?

Monitoring of clients' press clippings and database access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Tracking of social media coverage and lack of updates to media outlets changes and AVEs. Influencer marketing is also an area that doesn't seem to be fully developed yet as we would like to have access to influencers' contacts and stats as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If budget permits it and the workload requires additional support with clip monitoring and comprehensive database access, it is definitely a useful tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Features such as press releases group mailing and client clips monitoring are still to this date helpful tools for our day to day operations efficiency. Having access to international contacts all in one centralized platform is also a plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

One of my favorite things about the Cision Communication Cloud is the ability to have multiple products under one roof. I also find this really easy to train new employees on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The costs is the only thing I dislike, but the products are worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are uncovering new opportunities for our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Executive