Agility PR Solutions

Agility PR Solutions

4.0

Agility PR Solutions provides powerful, yet easy to use media database, monitoring, and analytics solutions for tomorrow’s communicators. Since 2003, clients have trusted our tools and services to help them identify and connect with influencers, capture coverage, and measure impact of everything they do. Whether we do it for you or help you do it yourself, our team of media experts make it easy to monitor and measure traditional, broadcast, social and online coverage.

Work for Agility PR Solutions?

Learning about Agility PR Solutions?

Agility PR Solutions Reviews

Ask Agility PR Solutions a Question
Showing 192 Agility PR Solutions reviews
Tracie T.

"We got media coverage"

What do you like best?

As part of a new initiative, we collaborated with a Carleton university, the City of Ottawa archives and three of our member museums to develop and present a temporary exhibition. We've reached out to media before without much success. Agility PR solutions made it easy to reach the right people and we scored a segment on Ottawa's top-rated afternoon drive radio show - hard-to-get - and an tv segment as well as an interview with the Carleton radio station. Agility made it easy to get our information in front of the right people.

What do you dislike?

I find Agility PR easy to use - almost too easy as I can get distracted and expand my search for outlets and journalists too wide. I find that, depending what I am looking to do, I can go down a proverbial rabbit's hole and get distracted.

It has enabled me to reach out to the right people for our exhibitions easily.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Agility PR Solutions
Jaymie S.

"Great onboarding"

What do you like best?

The product itself is straightforward and easy to use. I've used similar media databases before, and this system is built in a similar way so that it is simple to start using right away. The layout is clear and concise, more so than other databases I've used. All in all, it's a great experience for a PR practitioner.

What do you dislike?

When I'm searching by area, I don't like that I have to go line by line through the whole state rather than typing in "eastern Virginia" to narrow it down. It takes quite awhile to narrow it down when I have to Google a map of the state to figure out which cities or counties are nearby. A feature with a map that allows you to click the areas you want would be really nice and cut down on the time I spend narrowing down my list. Going from 123 to 19 contacts took an hour yesterday.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a limited budget and are looking for the best product you can find with that budget, you should definitely take a look at Agility.

Managing a media database takes time if you don't have a service like Agility. The system has saved me plenty of time already. I love that I can save my lists so I don't have to rebuild them over and over. I also love the ability to export lists so I can send them to clients when they ask to see which outlets I'm doing outreach to. Associations in our industry are a major player for us but not included in the Agility database. It's nice that I'm able to add private contacts so my list is saved with the others I've built.

What Media and Influencer Targeting solution do you use?

James B.

"Amazing PR tool!"

What do you like best?

Agility gives me the ability to build targeted, localized media lists in mere minutes. This has been revolutionary for our company who prior to using Agility had been manually collecting contact info. Our company operates in over 120 cities so this software has been pivotal to the success of our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

The email sending software could be a bit better in my opinion. It would be nice if the emails appeared more native to Gmail in their formatting and style as I believe this has a great impact on click through rates. However it is still great for mass outreach with ease, and it is well integrated into the software.

Agility PR Solutions has hugely benefited my workflow. By allowing me to quickly build highly targeted lists it saves me time that I can spend producing better press releases, and building more effective PR strategy for our company.

David T.

"Good for a boutique consultancy like mine"

What do you like best?

I have a charming account manager, Zelda, who is always helpful, proactive and swift to respond to my queries.

What do you dislike?

As a small firm, I would like a lower price - who wouldn't. Also, Africa data is relatively weak so improvements there would be appreciated. As we handle some high profile business events in certain African countries, I suspect our own list is stronger than Agility's - certainly for influential media covering the tourism, hospitality and investment sectors!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When we put it against other database solutions, it was easier to use and provided global data at a more sensible price than other well known providers

We use agility to find editorial contacts swiftly. As PR is the business, it is time saving. Even of the names are sometimes out of date, the email addresses, profile and phone numbers are very useful.

"John Doherty - Review"

What do you like best?

The detailed information I can find on almost every journalist and publication I am looking for. If I can't find their information, the support team is very quick to research and help out, which is appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Though it is easy to find individual journalists that I am looking for, the Target Media process for creating a specific list I find a bit inconsistent and tedious to go through. I wish there was an easier way for me to create a list when I have a target audience in mind, rather than the current process. I often find that I have to go through and remove many additions to the list once it is created, as they are not relevant even though my search criteria is very specific.

I also wish I could create better e-mail distributions (visually) on Agility, similar to Mail Chimp.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great service with an excellent team who are always quick to support and answer any questions you might have. I particularly like the media monitoring, with a report that arrives in my inbox before I am even in the office each day.

Finding the reach and information on nearly any journalist I am searching for. Finding publications that would be a good fit for our brand, and creating lists that I can refer to at another time. Monitoring stories that are published on our destination, and tracking stories that we have affected. Understanding our Media Quality Score and creating reports for our management team.

"I've tried many: this is the worst out there"

What do you like best?

It does the job

Month-to-month payment option

The biggest upside is the customer service. Almost to an annoying level... their team is constant communication and give you many ways to reach out.

What do you dislike?

It's much harder to maneuver than Muck Rack, Cision, and Meltwater. One of the most common uses of this software is to pull information and enter it into an excel sheet. This has proven SO DIFFICULT. Even highlighting to copy and paste is hard sometimes. This wasn't used by someone who makes media lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Honestly, just choose something else. Muck Rack is less than $100 more a month and it is a MILLION times better.

I am starting the PR division of the small business I'm part of. I had to get a program ASAP and the month-to-month payment option is what led me to land on Agility. In the past, I have worked as a PR professional for large agencies and have used all the major solutions - Cision, Meltwater, etc. This doesn't measure up at all. I will be cancelling after this first month then switching to Muck Rack (by far my favorite).

PJ R.

"AgilityPR is friendlier than the alternatives (like Cision)"

What do you like best?

I love being able to log in and see the dashboard--giving me instantaneous access to the health of our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I like using our CRM or other software to work with the contact information for outlets--the export limit of 1,000 per file is a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When comparing products and services like those offered by Agility PR Solutions, ask for your rep to demonstrate pulling targeted lists and pulling coverage reports--you'll see Agility offers very intuitive interfaces.

Agility PR Solutions has allowed us to refine our targeting when desired and allow for broad appeals for coverage--both have been successful for us when used appropriately.

"Team effort and mentoring"

What do you like best?

Agility reps are always accessible. If there is a question or you have clips to send they are very prompt in getting back to you and they are listening to their clients. Agility will augment their reporting so that it can be presented in various ways which is helpful when presenting to management.

What do you dislike?

sometimes I find it a bit confusing maneuvering through the site to get my own evaluations but Agility will always take the time to guide me through searches.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to walk through the system with your account rep. the staff at Agility are second to none and when you need the evaluations they are your best friends. They always handle requests with a smile. I can't thank them enough.

We have a budget to host travel media from our North American Market and it is important to evaluate our efforts and gather the return on investment. we could not do that without Agility.

"Phenomenal Aggregator!"

What do you like best?

Agility is intuitive and sleek. I've used other PR tools and think this strikes that perfect balance between outreach and outcome. Plus, the Agility team responds quickly--almost instantly--to questions, which helps when you're exploring the features.

What do you dislike?

There are occasional instances in which certain media contacts aren't listed, but the Agility Team reviews the suggestion and typically updates the database within minutes of vetting the info.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an extremely responsive support staff, an exceptional aggregator, and fabulous distribution tool, Agility is it! I've especially liked the library of industry whitepapers, and the amazing ongoing professional development through useful and engaging webinars. I highly recommend this!

Aggregation, aggregation, and aggregation! It's AMAZING to be able to set laser-sharp parameters on searches, not to mention the ability to set up multiple alerts and tailor frequency. This is HUGE when running multiple campaigns!

Matt G.

"Couldn't live without it now! "

What do you like best?

Agility has made life much easier as we've grown our agency. Being able to share and collaborate on lists, keep a track of notes and comments on contacts and see where other employees are at with their tasks is incredibly handy.

What do you dislike?

Not much - the programme takes a bit of getting used to but once you're sorted on it, it's pretty straight forward

Essentially, it allows us to operate exactly as we did as a two person agency, no matter how big we get. Being able to check in with other people's lists, jump on to employees' tasks if they're off ill or need help, and to share and update our contacts as we go

There are a lot of other features that we don't (but probably should) use, but Agility is worth the money just for the elements we do use.

Ryan B.

"Simple to use, easy, quick access to assistance"

What do you like best?

Instant chat for any questions I might have has been useful in a few circumstances. Particularly like the ease with which to add additional, personal email address to custom lists. Email distributions have been easy.

What do you dislike?

Better clarity on email distribution limit (are email addresses in multiple lists counted as multiple distributions), help/option to remove duplicate listings (multiple listings on single lists direct to the same email address or deactivated/useless addresses, such as customer service emails).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would certainly recommend, have trialled a few other platforms.

Easy way to distribute news to press, both via Agility's own database and my personal contact list. Has been of great benefit in receiving coverage from various online, magazine, and radio/TV outlets.

"Review of Agility Platform "

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to format press releases in such a user friendly manner. I also like that I'm able to send myself a test release right away.

What do you dislike?

Adding contacts to my media lists is not as intuitive as I would like. When I click add it send me to a search, when I don't need to do a search (I already have the contact information.) Also if the person I add is already in the database, I have to manually go into search to re-find them and include them as a contact through their Aiglity profile...

Sending press releases to contacts that are necessary and every now and then journalist research. Agility is a clean platform to work off of, it's not as intuitive as I would like but at least its not clunky and outdated.

Troy B.

"Good but still lacking"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of editing key words, it does great when you need to look back on previous articles.

What do you dislike?

Often picks up stories 5-6 years old, its frustrating to have to look at every article and ensure that we are capturing current articles and not older ones. Another frustration is it doesn't allow you to do same day monitoring, we often have to wait until the next day to see stories. So we have to go to other programs to do real time monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework, make sure you select the right product. Agility might be it, just make sure.

Solved: Compiling media stories quickly. We have inadvertently discovered we need a program for real-time monitoring. As good as Agility is, it still lacks that feature.

Becki S.

"Great Resource!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to do both in-house eblasts, and the ability to do editable searches so I can update existing lists and overwrite them so they are always up to date.

What do you dislike?

I wish with the platform that the distributions would allow for unlimited distributions annually rather than putting a cap on how many emails you can send out. I also have found that sometimes contacts are not categorized in the correct beats which frustrates contacts when I reach out to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go through training and utilize your customer service reps!

I have a much easier time finding contacts very fast and getting out time sensitive emails. Also, the customer service is amazing!

Jonathan W.

"Easy to use, and quick online help if needed."

What do you like best?

I like how organized everything is. It's easy to keep my lists.

What do you dislike?

The only think that seems weird is that I have to mark something as "shared" in order for other people from my company to see it. Really not a huge deal, just something I have to remember.

My specific position within the company is new. Agility is allowing me grow our reach by sending releases easily across the country where as before they were much more local.

I love that media monitoring comes right to my inbox. I set them to send in the early morning. When I wake up I can quickly scroll through alerts and make sure I'm on top of any mentions in the media.

Courtney S.

"Excellent Media Monitoring Service"

What do you like best?

Agility doesn't just monitor media related to my company - I can do the same for any search term. Including every single competitor. This has been invaluable competitive intelligence that makes us more aware than others in our space.

What do you dislike?

Social monitoring leaves a lot to be desired.

The setup was painful. The user front end is extremely "home grown" and quirky, and since I don't have to use it often, I often forget what had to be done last time. Now that my campaigns are running, I'm good to go. But I cringe any time I know I have to adjust things because, from distribution through monitoring, the interface is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient - it took time to set up my programs as needed. But after some trial and error, it was exactly what I needed and requires little to no maintenance to keep it going as expected.

Because our competitors are often small to medium companies, it has been hard to track them in the past. Agility has been a life saver on competitive intel. The minute anything is published about my competitors, it's delivered to my inbox.

Sara H.

"User-friendly"

What do you like best?

I've used Agility, Meltwater, TrendKite and Cision the last three years. I liked Agility the best overall because it's the most user-friendly. When I click the back button, I don't lose my place in a list (which saves a LOT of time). I love how you can track influencers or those on your lists. This makes it easy to identify influencers.

What do you dislike?

I grew accustomed to one particular feature in Meltwater that directly applied to the way one client wanted to build lists for press releases. They relied on finding outlets via counties (it was an agriculture client). I was able to to easily breakdown the big cities in each county from Google Maps and select those cities from a list in Meltwater. I haven't found if Agility is able to do this or not.

Agility has a lot more of what we need in one place, especially when it comes to tracking and monitoring news coverage for a client. You already have the sentiment breakdown, and the news clippings that you can easily turn into a book.

UP
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Slow Processing Times, Difficult to Achieve Desired Search Results, Low Database Numbers"

What do you like best?

Compared to the competition there is not much here to be desired the one thing I would say is a benefit is that there is a low number of small blogs.

What do you dislike?

There are many large and beneficial outlets missing from their database. You can tell them contacts you would like added but it is tedious and you shouldn't have to be doing the work for a company selling you a database. There are many cases where the system lags and has a long loading time. You get kicked out of the platform for small time frames of inactivity.

I work as an independent contractor for a PR company and I am starting my own. I have had to use cision for my pitching as Agility hasn't produced results that can satisfy my clients.

UD
User in Design

"Saves time and optimises media contacts"

What do you like best?

I like that it has been customized accordingly to our needs. Once you get a hang of Agility's interface, setting up media releases is as easy as a walk in the park. It saves the time and less hassle compared to manually doing everything - from contact list, to distribution and tracking reports.

What do you dislike?

Recently, we have encountered system lapses like media release status remains draft but it was actually sent out already. I'd also appreciate improvements on UX and platform interface as it his quite hard to extract data since you're not allowed to open several window tabs simultaneously, so you end up with lots of clicking, then going back to home and repeating the same process again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent PR tool to generate a targeted and focused media list and maintain a wide contact base

It helped us verify and generate media contacts easily. This made the distribution more robust and wide-reach.

Van Thu N.

"Great Customer Service and features!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see influencer Twitter handles, their story angles, and topics they write about as well as their preferred contact method and followers on Twitter. There is also the ad spend costs for the different outlets that can be useful to show the value when there's press placement for clients. You can customize the fields you want to be exported as a CSV file, which is nice. And expect to communicate with a great team of people. They are very friendly and understanding, and they'll work quickly to resolve any issues. This is also a much more affordable solution than Cision and some other softwares out there currently.

What do you dislike?

The User Interface can use some work. It's not as attractive and has a bit of delay from a usability standpoint. Also, you can only export 1k contacts at one time. On the making payment standpoint, their previous method of collecting payment made it a bit more tedious to take care of compared to other businesses and softwares I made payment to. This recent month, they now have an online portal for you to make payment via credit/debit so I don't have to do wire transfers or call in to make a payment.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When targeting lists for individual clients, have all the angles already laid out for stories to target specific influencers that write about those topics for your client so you don't have to create a bunch of different lists and figure out later if there are overlaps with journalists writing about 2 more of the topics you exported lists for.

Being able to narrow down influencers that are the best fit for my clients in regards to the number of followers they have on social to increase their reach. Saving time by easily searching and exporting updated contacts of influencers so I don't have to search for specific ones and hunt down their contact information myself, they keep their contacts up to date and send emails to let us know who has moved to a different outlet or changed their contact info.

AP
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Using Agility PR for a year"

What do you like best?

Pretty simple to launch a campaign and target contacts

What do you dislike?

Report are not very useful, the insights a just 2 charts and very difficult to export to send to your client.

After a campaign it is hard to tell who opened and the export only allow to export 1000 contacts. Viewing more than 200 contacts make it difficult to manage. The design and UX is very poor compared to other tool I used

Recommendations to others considering the product:

After tryng many PR solution, Agility is the cheapest, but I rather pay for more data/insights and emailing solution. Agility Pr does the job fine, but I needed to get more sophisticated tool and report.

Sent press release to the press, find and contact reporters

"Communications Officer"

What do you like best?

I like that you can archive profiles. The online search capabilities is a useful tool. It is also convenient that it keeps a records of tweets/news articles for 2 years. It is overall, a useful public environment analysis tool.

What do you dislike?

Twitter searching capabilities are not specific enough and using manual search options can be tedious. Not being able to upload your own monitoring content easily for Twitter (must prepare in excel spreadsheet and send to Agility PR rep). Quote function is not the most reliable either. - for news articles. Manually adding the tone for articles is also tedious. Also, not being able to collect keyword date, unless previously submitted and approved, is quite inconvenient. It would be useful if it worked more like twitter in that way, being able to retrieve old tweets, hashtags (that were not previously submitted for record keeping) would improve the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Book an intro session for all employees using the software, it was very helpful. I would also recommend scheduling a tutorial on the many tools available for Media Monitoring, its very informative and will allow you to best utilize Agility to your need. The staff has always been very helpful with questions and when additional support is needed.

Main function is for Media analysis. We use agility to archive news stories and to track social media trends (keyword based). it is useful for keeping track of public environment trends and stats.

UR
User in Real Estate

"Agility is the new global media intelligence solution to keep an eye on"

What do you like best?

Agility has a friendly, clean and easy-to-use interface that makes navigating the platform a breeze. They have all of the media list building tools that you need and great filter options that really narrow down your media lists. The customer support is superb, they are always responding straight away and are there to help you the whole way through.

What do you dislike?

As it's a new solution, they are still adding elements that the older platforms have such as editorial calendars and media monitoring. Their global media contact info (not US & UK) needs updating as many of the media contact details that were given for European media outlets was incorrect. It would also be helpful if their press release distribution service had a translation function to translate press releases in a preferred language.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you determine everything you need from a media solution platform and discuss with the Agility team, as their platform doesn't offer everything you may already be used to.

Getting vital information on media professionals in order to make targeted PR communications strategies. It's also helpful to monitor what certain media professionals are saying on their Twitter feeds. We are also planning on using the press release distribution tool quite frequently and Agility's wire service looks really clean, professional and modern which will appeal to journalists and editors.

UP
User in Public Relations and Communications

" Some strong benefits, not a full solution. "

What do you like best?

I find the attention from staff members, the contact database and completeness of research data to be better than some alternatives I have tried. The interface is also straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, while Agility has a lot of things going for it, it is very much held back by a limited topic list, a less than comprehensive index of sources and publications, and a mail merge system which does not inspire confidence. I find it is a useful tool, but in no way replacement for something like Cision. And I vastly prefer Yesware for email distributions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t expect it to replace Cision.

We have used Agility for targeting, and it offers mail merge features as well, which we have not utilized. We can easily locate large numbers of journalists to contact with potential story ideas.

Paige K.

"Intuitive Searching Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The search feature is incredible intuitive - it functions like you would hope a contact database might. As a professional often tasked with finding outlets that cover a particular topic, or curating a list of media in a hyper-targeted location, being able to search as such has changed the way I create media lists. I no longer feel like I am potentially missing out on outlets because I'm not aware of them offhand, because instead of searching each outlet individually for the correct beat reporter, Agility is helping to do the work for me by pulling in the right contact from the right outlets - some that I hadn't thought of immediately. While I don't rely on Agility to create media lists entirely, it gets me at least 80% of the way there in just a few minutes - a valuable, time saving tool that is proving to be my secret weapon!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not so much a dislike as it is a feature we don't utilize is the mass targeted distribution. Because we stick to the old school approach of sending pitches individually, I don't suspect we as an agency will get much use out of the distribution tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The search bar in the top right automatically defaults to people - we didn't realize this at first and were confused when we searched outlets by name and returned no results. Perhaps making it clear that the quick search is only for people so that new clients like us don't get startled by the lack of results!

Time saving is the biggest piece. One search finds most of my information rather than ten individual searches as we were doing on our previous platform. Plus, the support team has been great to work with so far. They are quick, helpful, and stay on top of any issues we come across (even if that is just simply adding a small outlet to our database)

Learn more about Agility PR Solutions

Agility PR Solutions Videos

Learning about Agility PR Solutions?

* We monitor all Agility PR Solutions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.