The web interface is okayish... they never fully got rid of the legacy interface
* Disk to Disk archive using their RXDA ESATA appliance has horrible performance and just is not an option
* Support tried to fix our issues, but they couldn't, support tickets since have been closed out without a valid solution or validation that the issue was resolved.
* Because of our data, we had to selectively disable in-line dedupe as the server could not handle it
* The posgresql database should be on dedicated flash... the performance of the DB is terrible in larger environments
* We had to have appliances RMA'd after a while because support & engineering couldn't figure out the cause of the issues we were having with performance
* We had to add a lot more appliances within the first three years as the design put together by Unitrends because they couldn't handle the IO... it wasn't storage we were running out of
* Updates created more performance issues, they always wiped out fixes that were applied earlier by support.
We have not had issues with running restores, I would say restores are good if you have the backup.