SurePayroll Reviews & Product Details

SurePayroll Overview

What is SurePayroll?

You’ll get your payroll done faster, save up to 50% compared to traditional payroll providers and be able to focus on growing your business, thanks to SurePayroll’s easy, online payroll services.We’re built for small, U.S.-based businesses. - Run your payroll online anytime, anywhere. Everything is online with no software downloads or installs. - Finish running payroll in 2 minutes or less: just enter hours/salary, preview and approve. You’re done. - Choose direct deposit or print checks yourself. - Industry-leading security keeps your data safe, secure and available when you need it.

SurePayroll Details

SurePayroll online payroll services for small businesses make payroll easy. Run payroll online. Enter hours, review, approve. Ensure tax compliance.

SurePayroll gives small business owners more control over their lives.

We simplify the payroll process and automate the payment and filing of federal, state and local taxes. We combine a completely online product with customer service based solely in the U.S. available to help via phone, chat or email.

SurePayroll also supports more specific payroll functions - particularly accountants managing payroll for clients, and parents managing household employees such as a nanny. We help restaurants, churches, S-Corporations, insurance agents, doctors, dentists, lawyers, non-profits and many other industries across the country feel SURE about their payroll.

SurePayroll

Location
Already have SurePayroll?
SurePayroll
Licensed REALTOR
What do you like best?

It was easy to set up my account and create my payroll. I can easily pay myself and add employees when I am ready to hire. I can adjust the dates for the check and the amounts and pay an extra check as needed. You can label pay as holiday, vacation, etc. It has easy to understand explanations and multiple links to integrate to accounting software. I can sign in to check on my statistics and they send in the quarterly taxes for me. They send me reminders so I stay on track for approving my payroll before it is sent and there is an option to approve payroll early. One of the best features that makes the tax filing easier is that I can integrate with my accountant! Oh, and the price... unbeatable! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure how to change the preset amount I created for my payroll amounts. I would like a clearer explanation on how to do that. The dates covered by the check could be a little more emphasized. When I am short on time, I don't always notice the dates at the top. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't have to keep track manually and this integrates into QuickBooks. This relieves so much stress and makes my accountant's job more efficient. I am happy that I was able to "invite" my accountant so it is easier at tax time. I stay very busy so this saves the time I used to have to dedicate to gathering my financial records regarding my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Angela,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and thorough review. We are so happy to hear that SurePayroll was easy to setup, eliminates some stress, and is designed to grow as you grow. Thank you for your business!

Open Discussions in SurePayroll
G2
What do you like best?

We still pay our employees by check. One of the best parts of SurePayroll is the ability to use check blanks and put them in the printer. The SurePayroll software prints all of the check information on them, and all of the paystub info on the same perforated sheet. SurePayroll also takes care of what would be for me a nearly impossible task - paying all of the taxes and fees directly to the various state and federal agencies. It's very easy to use, and computes state mandated sick time as well as accrued vacation time for my employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, it takes awhile for my payroll to get approved, although that has been happening a lot less lately. Since we pay by check, directly at the end of our pay period, I can't opt for a same day check. In order to avoid an expedited check fee, I have to choose a future date for my checks. Then, I have to go to a .pdf editor online to change the check dates so they are valid on the day of issue. It's a small problem, but one I think that could be fixed for employers who pay strictly by check. I also find that I have extremely high payments to the Employment Security Department, and I have to apply for refunds every so often. I believe it's because we have many part time employees. I wish there was a way to fix it, as the ESD is very slow at processing refunds. A timecard app would be the icing on the cake. I have to use a separate timecard app and transfer the information over to SurePayroll manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to use a payroll service with great customer service, easy to use interface and pay your employees by check to avoid additional fees, this is your company! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was using a different payroll software prior to SurePayroll, and had to hand write my checks. The biggest benefit of SurePayroll is the ability to print the checks for my employees. When I considered changing again in order to have the timecards feature, I discovered that the other company didn't print checks on blank check paper. That was a game changer for me. When I had a problem with one of the state agencies, SurePayroll stepped in to solve it for me. That allowed me time to concentrate on my business, and not administrative gobbledygook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Jean, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We're so glad to hear that SurePayroll has been a game changer for you! I am following up with our product team for the best way to handle your timecard question and will get back to you with more details.

President and CEO
What do you like best?

Firstly, SurePayroll's customer service is next to none! They are extremely knowledgeable and polite on the phone, and very responsive via email. Additionally, the service itself is stellar. Running payroll is a piece of cake,and the reports are incredibly user friendly and indispensable! Not to mention that they accurately handled all the state and local taxes, insurance, and withholdings. I honestly would have been a mess without them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! Great service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a new business owner, I had no idea how to report employees to the state, how to manage payroll taxes, or where to get insurance. They took care of everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Jacqueline, congratulations on your new business and thank you for your kind review. We'll share your comments with our Customer Care team to make sure they know they are making a difference for you.

What do you like best?

What I like best about your payroll is that they help me keep things in order on a day-to-day basis. They also keep us organized with tax information and deadlines which may be harder for me to keep up with without their support. Customer service representatives are always friendly and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I love the service so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are easily able to process weekly payroll.

Staff have access to payroll information online.

Documenting payroll expenses. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thanks Patrick! We think you're excellent too. I'll make sure to share this review with our Customer Care team to let them know they are hitting the mark for you.

What do you like best?

The website is easy to use and navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything to dislike at this time, only nine months in and have been very happy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need help with payroll, even for one employee, you need to have Sure Payroll on your list to evaluate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a small business, having a company take care of the reporting and paying of taxes makes sure I am compliant with tax authorities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Billy, thank you for helping us spread the word about SurePayroll. It's nice to hear that SurePayroll is easy to navigate and hitting the mark for your business.

UR
What do you like best?

SurePayroll makes it easy and worry free to handle payroll, taxes and tax season. The email reminders are incredibly helpful each payroll cycle since we are a one man shop and the dashboards make it easy to understand how much is going out each month, trends, taxes, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The pricing can be hard to stomach at times for a one-person small business like ours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to lock in promotional pricing for an extended period if you are a small shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an S-Corp we require payroll to be done regularly and SurePayroll helps our one person shop manage the distribution, tax withholdings, and end of year tax fillings seamlessly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear that your overall experience with the product has been positive. We are continually working to see how we can provide unique solutions for S-Corp. We would welcome additional feedback on how we could better serve the S-Corp community at feedback@surepayroll.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of running payroll, I can get in and out and on with my day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could tally hours throughout the workweek Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider the cost savings of running bi-weekly vs weekly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to reprint our employee's payslips has proven useful several times. When your staff consists of younger folks most of whom have never held a job prior to you. I answer a lot of questions on payday. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

David, thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear that SurePayroll is making payroll easy for you.

What do you like best?

Their diligence in giving me helpful information and reminders of when things are due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to understand what they are paying for me and what I still need to pay/file re: taxes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are a great asset to my business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Getting the payroll done right is important - making sure the state and federal forms are filed and taxes paid - all that is done with SurePayroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful words Cynthia. Glad to hear that our built-in reminders are helping you stay on track.

What do you like best?

Affordable and Customer Care is top notch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I truly have never had even one issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can only speak for this provider, as it is the only one I have used, but if you are a small business owner looking for less burden, these folks are amazing and will help you get off the ground! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Just what I was looking for, seamless and affordable payroll facilitation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Nicholas, thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that SurePayroll is hitting the mark for you. We will pass this message on to our Customer Care staff to let them know that their hard work is being recognized by customers like you.

What do you like best?

It’s Easy to maneuver through the online services. No long wait when you have to call in. Customer service is AMAZING! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the administrator is the only person authorized to initiate a password change for employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of use especially when accessing payroll reports for the accountant. I take advantage of the medical benefits offered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Staci, Thank you so much for the kind words! We think you're pretty amazing too. I'll make sure to share your thoughts with our customer care and product teams as well.

What do you like best?

Good price if the service worked well. But it does not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

SurePayroll processes 3 payrolls successfully for us. On the fourth payroll, the deductions were >2X than previously. There had been no changes on our end (deductions, employee info, etc.) When we called to understand why, we got a variety of explanations, none of which made sense. Put on hold for "just one moment" to speak with a supervisor. After 21 minutes on hold, the call was disconnected on their end.

Called back the next day, similar results, but no further explanation. SurePayroll employees had no idea why withholding was doubled from one paycheck to the next. Absolutely no solutions offered from SurePayroll to fix the problem, and difficult to escalate problem to supervisor. Perhaps there is a way to email SurePayroll, but we could never find it.

Stressful to find a new payroll processor to get people paid a the last minute. Difficult to explain to your employees. With poor employee knowledge/training/ability to help, SurePayroll does not offer the level of certainty that one needs for payroll processing. Bad news. Avoid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Automated payroll processing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn’t meet your expectations and we would love the opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any additional details, further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share.

AI
What do you like best?

The website/app are very user friendly and streamlined. The customer service received is also amazing. The representatives are knowledge and helpful. Kyle, from the beginning, exhibited great follow through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing thus far. I am happy with the service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I researched at least 5 other companies when searching for a payroll company. This one by far offered the most services for the best price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I chose SurePayroll to have a service that handles all the tax preparation. I also enjoy that you can run reports and add bonus pay, if needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you so much for reviewing SurePayroll. We're so glad to hear that SurePayroll is hitting the mark for you. We'll make sure Kyle and members of our Customer Care team gets this message as well!

What do you like best?

Their customer service reps are very knoweledge, they are located in the US, not outsourced and they know how to fix isssues within minutes. You don't have to push a ton of buttons to talk to a live person Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are over secure with logging in and getting info even after you log in. But that's just real for my acccount's protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look no further. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've had a few minor issues, but they were always quickly resolved by calling and talking quickly to a real person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you for the review Theodore. We're so glad to hear that your experience has been positive, and, when faced with questions, our customer service reps are hitting the mark for you. We'll be sure to share this feedback with our team.

Roofing Contractor
What do you like best?

The layout design makes it easy for their customers to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That you have to do security verifications every time you log in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The whole process only took about 15 minutes to set up and on average that is all I spend as far as time to process my payroll. The dashboard is very clear and the customer service is second to none. I am very please with using Surepayroll and would highly recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Submitting payroll with ease and responsiveness. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Rick, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. Customer experience and satisfaction are priorities for us, and your review reinforces the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again!

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and great support! Employee and 1099. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The log in process is not always easy as it does not keep my computer recognized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Payroll was a challenge. This made it easy! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thanks for the kind words Jamie! We're so happy to hear that SurePayroll is making payroll easy for you.

What do you like best?

Ease of use and they are very helpful with set up and answering questions promptly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are difficult to reach on the phone or quickly, but they are helpful once you reach them. I believe this is a covid issue and is a new issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They are affordable and helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mobile time cards for my staff has been a plus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Debra, We're a fan of yours as well! Thank you so much for the kind words and thoughtful review.

What do you like best?

I CALLED IN AND HOT Alana G. She was so incredibly helpful! She calmly sat with me on the phone, step by step, and got everything worked out. Im so confused on the rules and guidelines for this to be forgiven, but Alana wasnt. She calculated out all the different vacation hour taxes and manually entered everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. SUREPAYROLL has hands down been vital for the success of my company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are a great company, they are honest and work hard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I dont know payroll, i didnt go to school for accounting. Im a painter and i own my company. So being able to just punch in the hours and they do the rest is a god send Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Heather, you rock! Thank you so much for your kind words. We'll make sure to pass this along to Alana and the rest of our award-winning service department. Keep the good vibes coming!

UR
What do you like best?

Same payroll at lower cost for same service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like a better looking dashboard maybe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Save on your monthly fees and run the same payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving on monthly fee, running payroll smoothly w/out bells and whistles i dont need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thanks! We love hearing from our customers in Real Estate and are happy to hear that SurePayroll is delivering value for your business.

AE
What do you like best?

Dashboard is simple, Customer service is top notch Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much - all very logical. Slightly different nomenclature but not difficult Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s highly unlikely you’ll be disappointed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Flexibility to handle full time and occasional part time employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear that SurePayroll is delivering for you.

CFO & Director of Operations
What do you like best?

They have very good customer support. I appreciate the flexibility of entering payroll from where ever I travel when I travel for the business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Future payroll dates get messed up if you run an extra payroll instead of another check. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The price and support we've received are a big step up for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Definitely a huge cost savings, allows me to control when payroll gets entered and prevents a lot of the mistakes that occurred when we called in payroll. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

The platform is really easy to navigate and the customer service is amazing!

I'm glad to have found a service that helps me pay my nanny easily - and ensures she pays taxes & into social security/medicare. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Truly. I had a great experience with set-up, it's been simple to use, and the one issue I had with tax reporting was resolved by the team quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you so much for your review. We love hearing from our Nanny customers and are so glad to hear that we are making Nanny Payroll easy for you.

AE
What do you like best?

Easy to use on a weekly basis. Also allows easy modifications to existing payroll Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sure payroll seems to "nickel and dime" everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you understand all of the "hidden" charges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to facilitate weekly payroll without the help of a "payroll" specialist Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Kevin Aubrey of SurePayroll

Thank you so much for reviewing SurePayroll. We're glad to hear that SurePayroll is making it easy for you on a weekly basis. If you have additional thoughts on how we can continue improving your experience, please share your thoughts at feedback@surepayroll.com.