Private Internet Access

Private Internet Access (PIA) Anonymous protects users from data trackers, identity thieves, scammers, and stalkers by creating a personal virtual private network (VPN). The user's connections are anonymous and nearly impossible to track because private internet access (PIA) creates an encrypted data channel from the user's computer to the private internet access (PIA) network. It hides internet protocol (IP) addresses from hackers, advertisers, and data miners and protects privacy in public Wi-Fi hotspots, coffee shops, airports, and more. It also circumvents internet restrictions and censorship.

Work for Private Internet Access?

Learning about Private Internet Access?

Private Internet Access Reviews

Ask Private Internet Access a Question
Showing 18 Private Internet Access reviews
Private Internet Access review by Cristian C.
Cristian C.

"I can't believe the speeds!"

What do you like best?

The speed I am getting with this software for traffic is very high - at least compared with other software of this kind. I was impressed the first time. Usually these types of VPNs are hit and miss when it comes for speed, it's flaky, unstable, etc., but this one has very rarely slowed down, and usually picks up if you reconnect.

I also love the multitude of locations in different countries to choose from. Really helps test our international focused apps.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike - I can't think of one thing that I would change.

We develop applications that target multiple countries and it's essential to test performance and connectivity from multiple locations around the world as well as the way customers visit our site from multiple countries - by showing them location-relevant content on the sites. Private Internet Access allows us to do that.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access review by Lydia G.
Lydia G.

"Keep your internet activity concealed on public and free wifi"

What do you like best?

I like the easy of set-up and use of this app. My husband and I use the one account for all of our devices: computers, ipad, laptop and phones.

What do you dislike?

The one downside is that I have issues sending emails while the app is connected. Some of the IP address are blacklisted and emails that do get sent through may be blocked on the receiver end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app for online activity while using free and public wifi. I don't recommend using it for daily activity at the office since there are issues in sending emails while the app is active and emails may be flagged as spam by ISPs, since some IP addresses are blacklisted.

Using free/public wifi while at airports, conferences, meetings in coffee shops and staying at hotels. Keeping my internet activity obscured and safe from hackers.

What Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution do you use?

Private Internet Access review by Konrad K.
Konrad K.

"Private Internet Access - My favourite VPN"

What do you like best?

If u want to be safe you should take that program. Private Internet Access offers us a lot of servers located in many countries. Our data are encrypted so we can feel safe. That software has a very good advanced firewall. Private Internet Access is available on the most important and most popular platforms, so we can use it on all devices. This program puts the security of customer data first.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection to the server is lost. Privateinternetaccess is hard to use for new users. The first configuration is troublesome. This software do not offer live chat also we must be waiting for an answer when we are having any problem. In my opinion, the interface should be more modernized and user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Private Internet Access gives me the opportunity to use the Internet safely. Now i can use public hotspots and our data are safe.

Now i can send messages without fear that someone can interceptor messages or conversations.

Private Internet Access review by Avik M.
Avik M.

"One of the best VPNs available in the market today. "

What do you like best?

Its super simple to use. One click is all you need to get going. The performance is also nothing short of fantastic. Over all the time I used it never had issues with it being slow or sluggish. One of my major concerns was that I wouldnt be able to properly view videos online with a VPN being active, happily proved wrong by Private Internet Access. I didnt even notice any difference between the VPN being active and not active when it came to daily usage to the point where I just leave it on by default and dont even worry about switching it off. Its rock solid and super reliable.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to select specific servers from specific location in certain scenarios. Its not a major issue (and its possible I might have missed that option if it already exists somewhere) but it would be a nice option to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately (as far as I know) there is no option to try it out. But they do offer money back guarantee. I would say start with the one month option and then if you like it get the 1-2 year subscription. Run a speed test post connection to check what kind of bandwidth you are getting.

My primary concern was safety, speed and security. Private Internet access takes care of them all. If you happen to travel frequently (and especially to locations where internet access is monitored or restricated) for business (or even personal) purposes then a VPN is an absolute must have on your Laptop. It is a life saver.

Private Internet Access review by Gennady B.
Gennady B.

"Great for the price"

What do you like best?

I like that PIA is easy to use. A simple flip of a switch in their app and you're basically connected.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the service does not connect to the server and you're left hunting for a "good" server to connect to. Also, occasionally, connection speed is noticeably slower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up PIA on all of your devices, mobile, laptop, etc. It's incredibly simple to set up and getting secure.

Privacy of connection. I often work from public places like coffee shops, co-working locations, etc. PIA allows me to know that my internet connection is always secure, no matter how public the wifi I'm on.

Private Internet Access review by User

"Best VPN Service Available"

What do you like best?

Information is completely private over the VPN and PIA does not retain information about your usage. The VPN is the forefront but they also include access to proxy via settings manually entered or by using a browser extension.

What do you dislike?

The icon is cheesy and their website is nowhere near as easy to use as other services in the same market. This is not the best VPN for less technical users, but it's extremely good for anyone with some know-how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare with other services based on their policy on log collection, open source, and cross platform availability. PIA is amazing but you want to make sure you are getting what you need for the price you want and this market has a TON of competition.

Accessing region-locked websites and content, creating private connections on public networks, and preventing ISP's from snooping private data. It wasn't until after using that I realized how great the connection is, stable and fast enough to stream media.

Private Internet Access review by Duane T.
Duane T.

"Easy to use VPN with a good amount of connection points"

What do you like best?

The product works on Android, iOS, Windows and Linux (all of which I use) and is convenient to set up and use. It has a lot of connection points around the world to use, so when I am traveling and using non-trusted networks, it comes in very handy.

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far, and I have been using it for around 3 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None. Product fills the need I have for it.

Any time I need to connect to an insecure network and I am out and about or traveling, but need to do work. PIA does what I need it to do. The performance is very good as well.

Private Internet Access review by Administrator

"Using PIA for increased security"

What do you like best?

The protection the VPN provides is great and it does not log user data.

What do you dislike?

It does not reconnect automatically so sometimes it is not running without my knowledge. Sometimes it will not reconnect without killing the processes or rebooting.

More sites are rejecting the PIA VPN sites, however this is indicative of a great attempt to capture personal information from the community and many VPN provider servers make it on the "list"

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to other products. Cost and usability and security is favorable with this product.

Research where origin location search can block content

Private Internet Access review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"VPN Awesomeness"

What do you like best?

PIA is so easy to use and the speeds are great! I use this a lot to VPN out of the school WiFi to play games and watch netflix.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the VPN disconnects randomly but after doing an update it works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally worth the money.

I don't use this for business purpose but I am more productive wherever I am and can browse the internet safely wherever I am.

Private Internet Access review by Sameir D.
Sameir D.

"Perfect but sometimes slow."

What do you like best?

You stay secure and hidden when you use such software, . You just feel safe. When I did a research about VPNs, one of the solid ones against the trials and stayed strong was PIA.

What do you dislike?

It has limited countries, not all of them of course. And also some servers are slow.

Stay private when inline.

"Works well most of the time, some speed issues and stability problems."

What do you like best?

Fantastic amount of available servers all over the world.

What do you dislike?

Stability with the app was not great, needed a reinstall on a machine with absolutely no reason for it. More difficult to setup with the password and activation complexity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and see if it works for you, I just found glaring usability issues and stability problems on my own machines.

Providing anonymity to myself and anyone that works for me as I'm not interested in all the tracking behavior that has plagued the internet in recent years.

Private Internet Access review by User in Information Technology and Services

"I love it – everything I look for in a VPN"

What do you like best?

It's extremely reliable and extremely fast. I feel so safe using it. I like that there are multiple locations I can connect to, both internationally and nationally

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. They constantly have updates and keep me protected

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a VPN you can trust that has a reputable history defending it's users, look no further

Being able to access sites while overseas that otherwise would be blocked. It's also great being able to disguise my IP address

Private Internet Access review by Administrator

"Simple, no hassle, no problems"

What do you like best?

Easy to get started with just a download. Works on my Android phone and computer. No default automatic renewal (but they do send friendly reminders when account is nearing expiration).

What do you dislike?

None. Nothing to dislike. I've had no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a VPN, they make it easy to come on board and get the job done easily.

Trying to test if our geotargeted pages are working.

Private Internet Access review by User

"Easy to use and inexpensive"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and getting it set up is amazingly fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can't access important sites due to the vpn.

Working remotely using free wifi

Private Internet Access review by User

"A stable reliable and affordable VPN service"

What do you like best?

Theres not much to dislike, rock solid performance and reliability and one of the more affordable options out there (especially if you are able to find an affiliate code).

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a little bit dated and some of the tasks in the app require more steps than necessary

Securing access to confidential documents while on the go or using public wifi

Private Internet Access review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and the customer service is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

I find resetting my password over and over again quite tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful to only subscribe once. Auto-billing is a surprise!

I need encryption and privacy for some of my projects. It has given me those.

Private Internet Access review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Works very well as primary VPN"

What do you like best?

Seamless use. No slow down on internet or internal processes. Auto startup and connection on PC reboot.

What do you dislike?

Port forwarding doesn't work as well as I would like. Periodically enabling TCP port stops the VPN from connecting.

VPN services and port mapping. Used to secure data traffic and IP.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

The " Private Internet Access" Software has been very useful to me!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about The " Private Internet Access".

I'm solving a lot of issues regarding privacy and sharing documents with my team.

Learning about Private Internet Access?

* We monitor all Private Internet Access reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.