Windscribe

Windscribe is not just a VPN, it’s a desktop application and browser extension that work together to protect your online privacy, unblock websites, and remove ads and trackers that follow you across the websites you visit every day. Never mess with confusing settings and options menus again, our minimalist applications are designed to be turned on once, and forgotten about. Yegor Sak yegor@windscribe.com

Work for Windscribe?

Learning about Windscribe?

Compare Windscribe to Similar Solutions

Windscribe Reviews

Ask Windscribe a Question
Showing 42 Windscribe reviews
Aniket M.

"Windscribe is Safe and Secure VPN with Every Feature You''ll Ever Need"

What do you like best?

Windscribe is well thought out safe and secure VPN service with every feature you'll ever need. Windscribe may not be jampacked with tons of features but they do offer all the important features such as useragent switching, ads blocking and proxy time which sets the browser timestamp to that of proxy location. Even when you are not using windscribe as a VPN their browser plugins works great as just an adblocker, windscribe does a really good job at blocking ads without blocking any website content.

Their desktop app, browser plugins and mobile app works as good as you would expect them to. They allow multiple simultaneous connections, i share the same windscribe account across all mobile phones we own within our family.

They also have amazing customer support who do actually care about user feedback and update their software accordingly. Their Reddit community is very active and do constantly stay in touch with user feedback and user opinions.

What do you dislike?

This isn't something i dislike but maybe they could add more server locations and more IPs right now windscribe have quite a few IPs only as compared to other VPN services.

In India government likes to block sites left and right there was a time when our government blocked even harmless sites like Vimeo, Behance etc.., with windscribe i can overcome these silly blocks and continue my work as usual. Also when i am on the go, windscribe does add an extra layer of security to my browsing activity which gives me peace of mind.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Windscribe
Aura M.

"Hide your identity on the web and block annoying ads."

What do you like best?

1. windscribe comes in two versions, one of them executable and the other as an extension of the google chrome browser.

2.- the installation of the browser extension is really easy and fast to perform.

3. Its vpn system is very good, being able to choose ip from multiple countries around the world, with which you can skip the geoblocks of some pages and forums.

4.- by using some of the available ips you can effectively hide your identity, avoiding traces and attacks by malicious codes.

5.- Thanks to its adblock function you can block malicious auto-downloading content as well as annoying pop-ups (especially useful when downloading files).

6.- The browser extension is very light so the web browser works fast and without inconvenience.

What do you dislike?

use windscribe and so far everything has worked very well, so I have nothing negative to write.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I believe that windscribe is an excellent product, since it allows you to effectively block pop-up windows and also allows you to protect your identity and privacy through multiple ips that also allow access to pages that contain some geoblocking. Another great advantage is that the connection to the different ip is very fast, the navigation speed is quite good and above all, it is very light, so it does not affect the general navigation.

I currently use windscribe for two tasks in particular, the first of which is to be able to access content from forums that has geoblocking and that, for example, can only be accessed by people with IP from India or Brazil.

I also use windscribe to filter content and prevent many popup windows from opening when you want to download from a page.

What Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution do you use?

Terrence G.

"Fastest VPN i ever use"

What do you like best?

After having used different VPN applications I can say that Windscribe is one of the fastest in terms of the connection with the chosen server, almost all VPNs do this in about 3-5 seconds with this application is almost half, for what speed is one of your positive points.

I also liked the interface, visually attractive, with blue tones and good typography. The interface is also simple only shows relevant and necessary information such as the servers that can be chosen to connect, the IP obtained from the server and a disconnect button.

Although it has fewer servers available than other VPNs, they all work very well and are fast for navigation, this I liked especially because having used other VPNs you find that although they have many servers you realize that after connecting the server is slow or even it works, in Windscribe there is less quantity but more quality in the servers.

What do you dislike?

The biggest mistake I've found has been not having a search box to filter countries or servers as searching through the list is a bit annoying when the application is showing all the servers in a country with a large number of servers as USA. I think that implementing this would be easy and very useful for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a VPN with a decent number of servers and that are available without problems most of the time you should try Windscribe. In addition, the servers are very fast and the license costs are low compared to other applications.

I use this application in my work to perform tests simulating different locations and I also have another own license in my personal computer, where I use Windscribe to navigate anonymously. The benefits of using this VPN is that it is cheaper than the one used before and also much faster when establishing connections.

Tom M.

"Browse anonymously"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the VPN is the simple interface that it presents, making the operation of the application very simple, in which we only have to select the location of the desired server. Of all the VPNs that I have tried, I think Windscribe is the one that consumes less resources and still has a clean and beautiful interface.

Another feature that I liked about Windscribe is the speed with which it is changed from one server to another and the connection is established, it is barely 2 seconds when other vpn can take up to 10 seconds.

It offers a decent amount of locations (although it is not the most offered of the vpn I've tried) spread across America, Europe and Asia. USA is the location with more servers which is normal but in comparison there are hardly any European servers. The vpn is updated regularly which is something to be thankful for, there is almost an update per week.

What do you dislike?

- It does not have (or I did not find) the option to enable the location filter.

- Some servers are missing for more important locations in Europe such as UK, Spain, France, Germany or Italy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend that if you are going to buy the Windscribe license, try the membership for life as it has a very good quality / price ratio. Also, if you need a VPN that connects quickly with Windscribe servers, it will fulfill your expectations.

I needed a VPN that offered more than 10 servers from the United States and that was fast both in the connections with the servers and in the web browsing. Be satisfied with Windscribe because it fulfilled everything needed with a good price.

Henry S.

"Great VPN at a very low price"

What do you like best?

I have been using Windscribe for the last two years and has fulfilled satisfactorily whenever I needed to use it. The best of the application from my point of view is the simplicity offered by its interface, unlike other VPN applications, Windscribe is very well organized and has a nice graphical interface.

Technically it is a stable application that fulfills its objective and offers us different locations and servers in any continent. It also has different options to configure the application to our liking, especially the option of Kill switch that is very useful.

What do you dislike?

The only negative aspect is that certain locations have very few servers, important locations such as UK, Spain, Italy do not have many servers available to choose from.

And to add something more, you could add the possibility of filtering or searching countries through a search box, sometimes I need to look for a specific country and I lose a lot of time trying to find it in the list.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using this VPN (Windscribe) if you want to change your IP address or location to connect to any site in an entirely anonymous way. In addition its price is very low and offers a very decent number of servers, although not many.

Thanks to this VPN we can simulate different locations to check how our applications work. We also use it to be able to connect to certain applications that limit us the connection to certain specific locations for some countries, especially the USA.

Alvaro E.

"Windscribe is a VPN for personal or business use"

What do you like best?

Windscribe connects easily to all devices, the connection speed is very fast. The user interface is simple and intuitive, and they have servers in more than 55 countries, which is really impressive. I can also point out that it may be the only VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth with unlimited devices.

What do you dislike?

The option of automatic location selection does not work well, because the areas where they are connected frequently are strange servers that websites prevent access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windscribe gives a remote location where you want to be. It has platforms on different devices, including browsers such as Chrome or Mozilla. It has excellent connection pages and videos load quickly.

We are conducting environment tests on our networks and therefore, we must connect to different countries to measure speed and Windscribe provides us with a large number of servers in different countries.

Hope A.

"A lot of reliable features"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of things I like about windscribe. It has a great AES-256 encryption system which is always very reliable in terms of security. I also like that there is a great number of countries you can choose from for VPN. It has blocked malware multiple times for me and just keeps my network secure.

What do you dislike?

Windscribe does not provide sufficient data for the unpaid version. It is also very slow to start and often times, there are connection errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think windscribe is very good from a security point of view and provides good protection from malwares, phishing, has good ad-blockers, and storing the cookies.

I like to use windscribe mostly for security purposes when I need to connect to a different network for work purposes. I like that it is straightforward and has a good firewall.

William R.

"Secure yourself with Windscribe "

What do you like best?

What I liked most about Windscribe is that unlike other VPN its interface is very simple and with a single click you can connect to the location you need.

It also supports all versions of windows, including Windows 10 in which it is very well implemented.

The best of Windscribe for me:

- Many locations and for each of them offers many different IP addresses.

- The support is very fast, I had to contact them to renew the software and they were very attentive

- With a single button you can turn off or turn on the VPN

- Allows to intercept the windows firewall so that all traffic passes through the VPN

- Very good a reasonable price

What do you dislike?

Some locations are saturated and go a little slow, should suspend the services to people who use the VPN to download from the Internet because it affects the experience of other users

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windscribe licenses are very cheap and the software is very good for the price it has. If you are looking for a VPN with many locations and IP, I recommend you try it from its trial version and then buy it if you like.

In some jobs as a developer one needs to connect to the software with different IPs and locations to check how the software that is creating and using Windscribe behaves because it offers a large number of locations and its price is very low.

Shiva M.

"Windscribe VPN Review"

What do you like best?

- It's easy to hide your identity when you browse the internet especially not at home network.

-The best part of Windscribe is location customization, I can customize the VPN location of my choice and one location is just $1 per month.

-The browser extension is super easy for the desktop version, just click on, cruise control will select the best available server location, or I can stick with any location of my choice. If you don’t need VPN just click off.

- US and UK Windflix servers work perfectly with Netflix streaming.

-Inbuilt add blocker to hide unnecessary adds display and internet tracking.

-Pro server location has faster speeds and multiple server choices.

What do you dislike?

- Bandwidth limitation for customizable location option

- Bandwidth is noticeably slow in many server locations

-Support is not so impressive

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need reliable VPN w/ free version, definitely use Windscribe. It is easy to use and very simple UI.

It's always easy to test web-based application remotely and browse internet anonymously. I feel safe using Windscribe when traveling and using public internet.

Justin B.

"Gone with the WINDscribe"

What do you like best?

Simple GUI that does not get in the way. It connects quickly. Has a built in firewall. The site gives you the most free amount per month I have ever seen. I believe it is at 12GB free now. And they give you an extra 1GB for each person that uses your link. The will even give you a full month of whatever plan someone that uses your link purchases. On top of that they have an affiliate program that will pay per user as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really for me it is ideal. I have tried pureVPN I tried avast vpn, a bunch of others this has been my favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look if you want a great VPN that is easy to use and has lots of affiliation perks. This is it.

I use it when working on clients computers by remote access for an added layer of protection. I also use it anytime I am making online purchases.

Carlos T.

"Un plus de seguridad en internet"

What do you like best?

Windscribe es mi VPN preferido, ya que incluso desde la versión gratuita permite una utilización bastante completa por parte del usuario.

En su versión gratuita permite elegir entre servidores situados en 10 países (entre los que están USA, Canadá, Gran Bretaña, Francia o Alemania) y dispones de 10 gb para navegar por internet.

En su versión pro, que si eliges el plan de pago bianual sale a 3,70 dólares mensuales (algo más de 3 euros al mes), ofrece tráfico ilimitado para navegar y servidores en más de 100 ciudades. Es un precio muy razonable, y muy competitivo si miramos lo que ofrecen otras empresas.

Un VPN para quien no lo sepa, es una red privada virtual, que te permite navegar por internet de forma anónima, ya que tú te conectas a un servidor (que puede estar en el país que elijas) y desde ahí te conectarías a los contenidos que quieras, de forma que no se puede conocer tu auténtica IP (ya que de cara al exterior tu IP será la de ese servidor) y nadie puede rastrear tu historial.

Su utilización resulta extremadamente sencilla: una vez que te descargas la aplicación, cada vez que quieras navegar de forma anónima, solo tienes que abrirla, y pinchar en el botón de encender. Cuando estés conectado a un servidor, la aplicación te lo dirá con un breve mensaje.

También si quieres puedes encender el firewall, pinchando en el interruptor que hay en la parte inferior de la ventana de Windscribe.

What do you dislike?

La verdad es que no sabría cómo mejorar el servicio de Windscribe, hasta ahora no me ha dado problemas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Es barato (o gratis según la versión), sencillo y no ralentiza la navegación apenas. Creo que deberías probarlo.

A nivel empresarial, además de anonimato, también aporta seguridad al ir cifrada la conexión con el servidor.

Ethan S.

"Excellent VPN service software"

What do you like best?

It has several places in different countries and within those countries. The servers are very fast and are sorted in the list of higher to lower speed. Easy to install and with a nice interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the servers that in theory are faster, become slow and the service vpn cuts the Internet. For such movito I must stop executing it for a few hours. Before it worked to unlock the content of the streaming pages, but I can no longer access.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent VPN program that helps us maintain greater security and confidence while we are connected to the Internet. Good navigation speed and prices are affordable.

Thanks to Windscribe I have cybersecurity and access to blocked sites in my locality. I protect my ip location and my personal data from hackers and marketing collectors.

Suzanne S.

"It's a great vpn service"

What do you like best?

The speeds of all the ips are pretty incredible, and I have never had issues with being able to my work intranet using this at home either. It is very easy to set the account up. I also like that it blocks out different ads and other malware and phishers online. It keeps the system pretty dang secure!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the premium versions are so expensive for personal usage. Majority of the networks can only be accessed through the premium version. Although the performance is pretty much excellent, the server is a little bit small.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommend Windscribe and all of its functionalities even though it is a little expensive.

I mostly use this to access my workplace's intranet when I'm working from home and it's really helpful for that, and gives me a much greater speed as compared to other vpn services such as cisco.

Karen H.

"Great VPN service"

What do you like best?

What I love the most about windscribe is that even after connecting to a different network, the speed is almost the same while changing the VPN. It is a great tool to protect privacy online and block ads. I also love the netflix extension for it, as its ad and tracker blocking features work well on it.

It provides a good 10 GB of data to be used, if you provide your email address, and that can last a really long time to keep you safe from phishers and trackers.

What do you dislike?

I particularly hate that there are so few networks available for the free users, and those are pretty much very common ones. To connect to a few more, the charge is a whooping $49, which is a really high price.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windscribe is definitely way better than any other google extension for vpn, and secures the system pretty well.

I use it to maintain my privacy when I am visiting websites which could potentially have trackers or phishers. Our group of researchers and teaching assistants need to maintain a large database of students and confidential information on cloud and still be able to share it securely, and windscribe is a great tool in making that possible.

"Windscribe aplicación de acceso a internet con la capacidad de cambiar de ubicación con un solo cli."

What do you like best?

Esta VPN le permite usar Internet sin preocuparse de que los datos puedan llegar al proveedor, además permite acceder fácilmente a los sitios web bloqueados en el país y permitirá utilizar servicios no disponibles en el país.

What do you dislike?

Desde mi experiencia con aplicaciones vpn, puedo decir que con Windscribe no e tenido inconvenientes, por lo tanto no puedo referir elementos que me disgusten de la aplicación. La única situación que puedo mencionar es que la instalación de conexiones simultáneas desde dos ubicaciones puede disminuir la velocidad de Internet por lo que desde que me paso, evito hacerlo.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excelente herramienta de conexión a paginas restringidas en tu país, acceso seguro y confiable, permite bloquear anuncios, rastreadores, restaurar el acceso a contenido bloqueado, proteger las comunicaciones en línea y ayudarte a proteger tu privacidad en línea.

Para bloquear anuncios, rastreadores, restaurar el acceso a contenido bloqueado, proteger las comunicaciones en línea y ayudarte a proteger tu privacidad en línea. He podido mejorar la rapidez y calidad de acceso a ciertas páginas que antes eran restringidas por el país.

Marcos R.

"Wide variety of locations ensuring in each of them the confidence in its entirety."

What do you like best?

I really like the confidence that I can place in this powerful tool to mask my IP address, it is fascinating how many countries you have to make a connection and it works very well while I'm on the web. It has a very simple and complete interface ideal for any user who wants to implement this VPN, I loved the Windows version for the excellent speed it offers and at no time left my address exposed to risk. On the other hand I commented that this system is adapted to the need of each user in relation to the use in navigation data, has three very well thought out plans for each requirement and adapting totally for all the demands, I can say that it is a multi-device VPN since I have the possibility to login to several devices with a single account without compatibility concerns because it is established for the most used systems worldwide.

What do you dislike?

Although the system has not been deployed on most systems, I have not been satisfied with the Android version, because I do not have the same confidence with the PC version. Finally, you will be notified of my address and the system will be deleted without sending a notification message related to the problem, as this problem has been corrected until it has been identified. Therefore, I can say that the Android version can be used voluntarily by each user. This small detail does not strongly influence the choice of the VPN, its performance in the PC is excellent, the implementation in other devices is optional.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest starting with a free plan in Windscribe and in this way show the great utility of this tool, it is very easy to use thanks to its intuitive and robust interface, it has been designed thinking about the need of each user to have three data plans for start protecting, the company is accepting the main cryptocurrencies of the market such as Bitcoin and ethereum as a form of payment at a cost accessible to all. I recommend it totally for having a great list of variety of locations to start a secure connection and there are no pretexts to download the program because the company has conveniently been given the task of issuing versions for the most used operating systems in PC and mobile.

I recently used this system to protect certain confidential material, specifically in my privacy in general, I use this system because I am aware that the provider is reliable and at the level of need. Currently I have a 10GB monthly package sufficient for specific activities that I do, obtaining limited but sufficient locations for my requirement. Recently I use the service added by the system with the function of creating a LAN Proxy gateway and it is helping me to create a secure HTTP or SOCKS5 proxy server in the network for several devices. I must add that this is very beneficial because I solve problems of impediments or restrictions of blocked pages due to my location, thanks to Windscribe I have been able to continue with my purchases and sales with AirTm telecajeros.

Thalia Ester M.

"Excellent in all its functions."

What do you like best?

The software comes with the adblock function which allows you to block malicious content that may arise from some websites and try to perform an automatic download or display a pop-up window without useful content for the user. You have an executable application on Windows or you can use an extension for the Google Chrome browser that is very easy to install and yet very light so the browser works quickly. The ip options available are many and varied with different eligible servers within the same country of origin.

What do you dislike?

I have some time using the VPN and so far everything has worked well, its speed is good and I connect from the IPs I want without much effort on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great advantage Windscribe offers compared to other VPN is its ability to maintain a very good speed while using different IP, you can navigate, load and download at a speed similar to that recorded by not using the VPN. By using WIndscribe you can skip the geoblocqueos that have some pages so you can access the contents of these no matter where you are.

The main use for Windscribe is to skip the geographic blockages that have some pages that we cannot access from our IP. We also use it as a filter to avoid pop-ups and annoying downloads when browsing the web.

Francis Carolina S.

"Simple to use and fast in its operation."

What do you like best?

It offers a good number of servers throughout the world (America, Europe and Asia) and these are fast enough to be one of the best ones I have used so far. The VPN does not fall asleep on its laurels and offers regular updates. Switching from one server to another is done quickly, compared to other products that may take up to 15 seconds to make the change. Its interface is also very simple just select the server from which we want to connect and connect.

What do you dislike?

Their problems are not many and not very big, however they tend to bother different users a little. You do not have an option to enable the location filter which tends to turn the search into a tedious process and your number of servers is not as wide as in other VPNs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windscribe offers a fairly inexpensive solution to the problem of finding a quality VPN, of its multiple packages lifetime membership is the one that offers the best benefit-price ratio, but for you to be sure that you are making the right choice it is preferable to try the free version first.

It is the solution that we choose to connect from the foreign IP so that we can access the pages that have geobloque and after so long using it we still prefer it above the other VPN.

cynthia elena c.

"an advanced vpn easy to use"

What do you like best?

a professional software that allows us to connect through a private network to simulate that we are in other parts of the world and, therefore, surf in an unknown and safe way, or access restricted pages for our country. Its installation is very simple and with the creation of an account. You can access several IP addresses from different countries, allowing you to connect from anywhere in the world quickly and with a moderate connection speed.

What do you dislike?

for the grauita version it tends to have little speed of connection and to knock down the services of Internet, does not count on all the available countries. for the paid account, it navigates super well, but when an ip is overloaded it does not connect or the connection drops.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application to access websites or browse incognita because of its easy installation and use, also because it has multiple options to connect, the anonymity of this vpn is almost 100%.

When we need to connect to a country or access a website that is not allowed, we use these tools and access it quickly and easily. anonymously hiding our data.

Francisco Eduardo B.

"Low cost and high performance"

What do you like best?

Its interface is simple, to start using the product just download and install the application, select the server from where you want to make the connection and connect. Your kill switch option is really useful. It has a very good navigation speed and being such a light program does not overload the systems in which it is used. You can configure the application to your taste and its technical stability is very good.

What do you dislike?

The servers that it has are small in comparison to other VPN that are available in the market, however these are pretty fast so it is a matter of little quantity but great quality, in my opinion, would be excellent if they had some servers extra. To find the countries where I need to connect I usually waste time because I don't have a search box.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a simple VPN, but it accomplishes its main task in a fairly good way, the number of servers it offers is not the best, however it is a fairly decent amount. Its price is quite low and offers packages of different costs as needed. I certainly recommend that you use it. you will not regret it.

With Windscribe we skip the blockages that exist to some pages within our country, as well as access to pages that are only accessible with a native IP of your country.

Orlando S.

"Navigate with the Best Tranquility"

What do you like best?

At the time of masking my IP address I have always chosen Windscribe because it is one of the most secure VPNs and because it allows you to do certain things that other VPNs do not allow. With windscribe you can download torrents and netflix, it has variable data packages that adjust to each user's consumption needs. Windscribe is excellent because it has its version for mobile and computer with a free version and if that was not enough, it allows me to connect several devices simultaneously from the same account. I love that it has a great variety of countries to which I can connect and another group of countries has a low cost and accessible to most or all its users.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I'm running Windscribe and I think I'm surfing safely on the internet and it turns out that my ip address has been exposed by disconnecting from the VPN without showing any warning, a point that seems delicate because Internet activities are carried out with confidence and it turns out that it is not completely reliable making third parties have access to our data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a large amount of software and app that grow on the web and in stores to navigate safely and hide our ip address. Throughout our search for a vpn that met our need, we found Windscribe and during its months of use it has fulfilled our expectations. We fully recommend its use and if this is among its possibilities, obtaining the paid version would be great for greater security and confidence when navigating.

The main benefit we have and the problem we solve business-wise of using windscribe is to have access to restricted websites in our country, allowing us to carry out our activities without any problem. In most times we prefer to use a VPN as offered by windscribe because we surf the internet more fluently.

Liam B.

"Excellent software for vpn services"

What do you like best?

It has a nice interface, the best thing is that it has many servers in different countries and the same program is responsible for granting us the best option according to the speed of the server at the moment you want to use it.

What do you dislike?

so far I have not had any kind of problem with the software or with the windscribe support team

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A good option to maintain your privacy and security while you are on the network. With Windscribe you have more freedom on the internet.

Thanks to Windscribe, I keep my connection secure and private on the network. I can access blocked content in my area and avoid the theft of personal data on the network.

William R.

"Very good VPN service"

What do you like best?

In my company we have used several VPN for a long time and we always used to change, so far we have tried about 6 or 7 VPN but since Windscribe we have stayed with it for 1 and a half because it seemed the best option for quality and price. Although we also decided to stay with it because we use a lot of virtual machines (VirtualBox) and since it is the simplest interface, it does not consume many resources.

Windscribe has dozens of locations on several continents and a large number of servers per each country, especially in the United States, which is the one we usually use due to our business needs. Another interesting thing about Windscribe is that it allows you to route the complete connection of your computer so that all the services you use on your computer go through the VPN and not just the browser.

What do you dislike?

The only negative of the VPN could be that in some important locations such as UK or France there are not many servers, I hope that with time they add more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Windscribe as a business solution if you are looking for a VPN with many locations and a fair monthly or annual license price.

We need to use Windscribe for certain services that we offer remotely. With Windscribe we connect through a VPN with our clients and provide them with services. In addition to solving the problem of VPN Windscribe does so with a very low price.

Ho'omana Nathan H.

"Great basic VPN for individuals"

What do you like best?

Windscribe has a clean, easy-to-use interface and is simple enough that almost anyone who wants to protect themselves on the go can use it and even potentially understand it with the clear, informative description that Windscribe presents regarding what a VPN does and how to use it best. Pricing is outstanding too for what you get.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of! The installation process used to be a little trickier, but everything is smooth and easy to use now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Especially for the price (they have regular sales and discounts that make it extra-reasonable), Windscribe is an outstanding entry-level VPN for individuals.

I travel quite a bit but need to access network shares at the university and at home in order to analyze and share data. This helps keep our data safe and secure.

Jorge E.

"Exceptional for join in restrictive markets"

What do you like best?

It's cool be able for access development countries markets, because there are usually a bit restricted in full developed countries. With this program you can do it. You have a lot of countries able to use with it, best are countries like Germany, for see yourself what content is blocked for their citizens and learn how to make yourself a niche on that empty space. It's REALLY easy to use, just select a country and it will be connect, without other configuration, just click and connect, it's maybe the easiest in market. Very fast connections event in developing countries, all of these things make Windscribe the better option for a company or user in search of an affordable program with a low price, an excellent service with an unlimited, fast and complete use. If you want to test it you can use a coupon (you can find it searching in internet) for a 60 GB free plan.

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive in monthly plan, and that is without comparing with other competidors in their sector, but isn't unaffordable. It can be solved with an anual or bianual plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just compare prices, but it is a great option, with anual plan is very affordable.

We need join new markets for unaccesible webs in foreign countries and search information with better bias in search engines. As i told in 'best' section, Windscribe solves you a lot of problems with restrictions in developing countries.

"One of the Better VPNs"

What do you like best?

I downloaded this program about 4 months ago, as a recommendation i saw on another site. they recommended it for a VPN for downloading online. The program itself was easy to install and as far as i have on my laptop at home, it is simple to use. I loads with startup, and does not slow the computer. Once loaded it gives you the option to turn on or not. Most programs just go on.. (perk1) you can also select right there in your face the country for the VPN, most programs you have to go deep within the settings to choose (perk 2). The version i have gives me a bandwidth per month, for as long as i have had it i never go over.. (perk 3) and it resets at the end of the month.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing i dislike about it. works, does what it was meant to do and is extremely easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Download, test, see if it works for you. It worked considerably well for me!

Business problems i do not use it for. its for PERSONAL. but it does work as a VPN so no tracking is involved

Vlad C.

"great vpn service"

What do you like best?

Has enough free data limit for all my use cases (and you can even extend it with there miner)

What do you dislike?

Do not have an auto-update feature (at least for a Mac) so it is very inconvenient to update(you have to download it again from their website and install)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As it has a free plan you feel free to try all their applications in action.

Making sure a connection is secure in public wifi areas, to make sure all company's data is safe and can't be intercepted

Sergey I.

"nice vpn service"

What do you like best?

1. Slick interface, convenient to use (at least on macOS)

2. Fast

3. You may earn additional free bandwidth or monthly premium for free with their miner

What do you dislike?

I see the icon of Windscribe in my down menu, but it has no use, as it is a duplicate of the tray icon (useless and takes precious space) and I can't remove it without exiting the app.

Making sure a connection is fully encrypted while using public WIFI, getting access to websites blocked by the government in Russia.

Guido S.

"It is a very friendly and reliable application"

What do you like best?

It has servers it provides in several countries. The interface looks great and allows us to move around the network without problems and safely protecting a large part of personal data.

What do you dislike?

It's not perfect, it does not support torrenting and sometimes some servers are very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is very easy to use and has a great GUI. Surfing the web without any limits.

I use it when I have to research on projects and my server does not allow the website to be opened.

James P.

"Decent VPN that has good free trial and speeds"

What do you like best?

Dedicated apps for mac and iPhone so access and connecting is easy and fast. There's several servers you can chose from ranging from 3 in the USA to ones in other countries. The connecting process is fast and intuitive as well as a very good firewall feature that blocks all internet connection when the VPN is off.

What do you dislike?

The UI is sometimes difficult to use/laggy. I know that the mac application is not very intuitive if you use multiple desktops. The iPhone app is sometimes a little laggy, but overall not many issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use, pricing.

Main issue is security on the go. Since our data has customer personal information it's extremely risky to access the internet in free wifi areas, so Windscribe bring peace of mind.

Jimmy J.

"Always connected "

What do you like best?

The mojor thing I like about windscribe vpn is that, it hardly disconnect like other vpn, even when I make call with my phone when the VPN is connected, as soon as I finish I can continue using it... It will not disconnect... The connection is just very strong..

What do you dislike?

The free version has very few countries..

Getting access to unpermited site, and browsing anonymously to site I don't want to be identified or track.

Paul M.

"Guaranteed private browsing thanks to Windscribe"

What do you like best?

It works perfectly, the connection is fast and has good security protocols. Also the number of servers available is decent.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can disconnect randomly or certain networks can run pretty slow, especially servers in the United States.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Guaranteed private browsing, fast servers and attractive interface.

Windscribe allows us to protect our privacy and improves your security, has access to content without restrictions.

Josh L.

"Great Service for the user with a constrained budget and a need for a VPN"

What do you like best?

Significantly cheaper than most VPN's on the market, many free options available, easy to setup and install in a timely manner, the website was easy to navigate and find the information I wanted,

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slower than your normal network speeds, macOS application UI not very user friendly, in order to add more bandwidth you need to sign up for the Windscribe emails (This is the main reason why I stopped using the product),

Customers felt assured knowing that we were taking the most possible steps to protect their personal information, I was able to shop online and deal with distributors knowing that my credit card information and other sensitive data was anonymous and safe

Andrea M.

"Il miglior VPN esistente!"

What do you like best?

Facile da utilizzare, veloce e, soprattutto, a un costo minimo.

Offre una vastissima scelta di server stranieri, tutti velocissimi (quelli disponibili).

Mai nessun problema, i miei dati sono sempre al sicuro!

What do you dislike?

Alcuni server sono perennemente disattivati, ma questo è l'unico punto debole che sono riuscito a trovare.

Windscribe mi ha permesso di tenere al sicuro i miei dati quando navigo da diversi mesi e continuerà a farlo vista la sua fantastica utilità.

Alexander S.

"Reliability and good price is Windscribe"

What do you like best?

Windscribe is easy to install and use, it has many locations and you can easily connect to the server faster. It has an ad blocker that is very useful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the service has failures that result in the disconnection of their servers and by not having a Kill-Switch the data is unprotected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is easy to choose a conncection and to choose different server. I recommend it for its reliability and price.

This VPN offers resources in terms of web security that are highly valued by our company.

Agency

"Easy VPN IKEv2 Profile after few clicks setup"

What do you like best?

- Strong Encryption IKEv2 Profile one time setup for both Mac & Windows - Activate when you need it at one click

- Servers in 52 countries

- No Logs

- Secure Hotspot (make your computer secured wifi)

- Support major computer systems Windows / Mac / Linux

- Support major browsers Chrome / Firefox / Opera

- Support major phone systems iPhone / Android / Windows

What do you dislike?

Only two servers for USA: West-US & East-US

Ad Blocks not too effective

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look for Windscribe lifetime membership - It's the best deal in the market

Access to region blocked websites / blacklist websites

Privacy

Avoid Cookies

Ad Blocks

Juan M.

"Excellent suite of security features"

What do you like best?

Windscribe has servers in 45 locations all over the world. It has the most important connection modes which are UDP and TCP. It also has the best protocol that currently exists, which is OpenVPN.

What do you dislike?

I have had problems with downloading and streaming content because the speeds are not that great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you haven't found the VPN for you, then windscribe is worth looking in to.

We use Windscribe to change locations and verify the correct functioning of our development servers.

User in Computer Networking

"One of the best VPN's "

What do you like best?

1.Presence of Browser Plugin and Desktop versions.

2. The time taken to establish connection to any server is very fast.

3. Huge list of servers to choose from

4.Free Plan availability

5. The browser extension has Ad blocking capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found any cons till now. It provides everything a Vpn software should provide. Rarely the speed is an issue, and 96% of the time at least for me, speed has been always good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Economical Vpn software, yet feature-rich.

1. To have privacy.

2. To block ads

3. Unblocking some websites.

"Mi experiencia con Windsribe"

What do you like best?

Pues lo mejor que he visto ha sido para lo que realmente sirve y no es otra cosa que navegar a través de una vpn. Hay muchos países a elegir, app para móviles y extensión para chrome.

What do you dislike?

Lo que menos me ha gustado es la velocidad, y el tema de la privacidad no lo tengo muy claro.

Si necesitas un software para navegar de incógnito a través de una vpn te servirá.

I
Internal Consultant

"Best Encryption Software"

What do you like best?

That we don't have to worry about someone stealing customer info. We don't have a lot of it, but customers sometimes pay for services from our website & we can't have others getting access to it

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far, we have been impressed with the ease of use & security

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it. It's worth it

So far, our info has been very secure. We were having issues in the past & found Windscribe to be the best

User in Civil Engineering

"My scope of Windscribe"

What do you like best?

Windscribe has a good encryption and a decent number of servers, it has a mediocre speed

What do you dislike?

P2P servers of WindScribe are - more often than not - overcrowded

Its speed is decreasing

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love windscribe and I use it so I recommend every other person out there to use windscribe

I have been using it to access foreign websites that forbids my country from accessing their site

UG
User in Government Administration

"Great VPN - low price, decent speeds"

What do you like best?

I got a good deal on monthly GBs. It's easy to use, has a food Windows program and notifies you when you're nearing your limit.

What do you dislike?

The speeds could be better. I'm interested in knowing how the data flows.

Just connecting to my file servers securely. It's as good as any VPN

Learning about Windscribe?

* We monitor all Windscribe reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Windscribe to Similar Solutions