Owler

Owler Reviews

Ask Owler a Question
Showing 30 Owler reviews
Shane F.

"Owler Is A Decent Solution"

What do you like best?

I like that Owler seems to be able to locate almost any company. I work in business to business software sales so when I have a potential prospect, I try to educate myself as best as I can about their company. I want to know how many employees they have, a summary of what they do, etc. Sometimes, especially if these companies are based outside of the US, they may not have a LinkedIn profile. When that's the case I immediately turn to Owler to get into insight and I am almost always able to find the company. What I also really appreciate about Owler from there is that they sometimes offer information on the funding and VC that the company has raised. This allows me to prepare for my interaction with the prospect to ensure that there's a potential fit so that I don't waste either my own time or theirs. The solution is also generally pretty easy to use and that is always a major plus especially when doing research.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the degree of accuracy that Owler offers. There are many times when I am demoing our software to a prospect and I ask that prospect how many employees they have and it is way off from what Owler estimates. This can cause challenges when you are trying to understand the size and reach of the company that you are engaging with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that Owler is overall headed in the right direction. In my experience, they seem to offer accurate information on company funding and VC. The main fault I have come across with this solution is an accurate portrayal of the headcount and size of the company I am prospecting and engaging with.

Owler is helping us to find information on the size and funding in a company that isn't on LinkedIn or has a limited LinkedIn profile. This is particular helpful for researching companies outside the US.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Owler
Bri A.

"Love what it can do, sometimes hard to navigate"

What do you like best?

I love that you can set up triggers and a dashboard that will show you company updates from anyone from your company to your competitors to your customers and prospects. It's very cool being able to scroll and see press releases.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that my favorite feature, the Dashboard, is going to be removed soon. This feature is vital for me to keep my team updated with what is going on with our customers, so that makes me sad. I'm hoping I can convince them out of it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check it out, it can be a really cool tool. There are probably tons of things that Owler can do that I am not aware of, so be better than me and check out their FAQ page!

Owler makes it possible to stay abreast of things in the news that my team might not otherwise locate. It helps me to see all of the press releases for things from video releases to awards to mergers and acquisitions, and that gives me an opportunity to congratulate my customers and check in with them.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Ana T.

"Awesome competitive intelligence tool"

What do you like best?

Owler is very useful tool. I like that I can see all news about my competitors in one place instead of searching the Internet for hours. CEO's rating is nice, allows you to see what leadership style is not very likable by employees, partners and clients. Notifications is very helpful, especially when you are interested in specific news about specific company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that our competitors can see all news about our company too. I do like how owler recommend competitors based on our company profile, the recommendations are very inaccurate and we need to add competitors manually. Registration and setup process was not very intuitive, as they need to work on their UI a little bit. Updates are not happening automatically, sometimes you need to wait few days when the updates you did appear on your company's page.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the tool, it is completely free and gets you many helpful insights about your industry trends and news about your competitors.

Getting timely insights about competitors that helps to adjust our marketing strategy. Getting news and trends in the industry that helps with content planning.

"Owler Review"

What do you like best?

I really like the competitor updates, as they cover topline business details but also provide insights into how rivals are performing from angles that you don't get elsewhere (e.g. CEO approval ratings, number of blog posts being produced etc.)

What do you dislike?

If you set up an account that tracks a specific industry/competitor set, then switch to different ones I've found that it still retains details about your original setup. This means that your dataset can be fogged up by rivals/industries that you don't want any longer. The only workaround I've found for this is to create another account and start again with fresh criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd give it a whirl on a particular industry and/or set of companies to see if it gives you the kind of data you want. I'd also advise having a go at contributing some data as well, as it's a painless, gamified experience.

Insights into competitor activity that I wouldn't get from 'traditional' tools. From my perspective, I've found the CEO rankings to be quite informative as they help contextualize what people think about rival leaders.

Luke Christian B.

"Luke Brown - Owler Review "

What do you like best?

It allows you to easily find information about any company. It provides you with create insight to who their competitors are, company size and revenue. This information is like gold dust when trying to close a deal or use it to your advantage in different ways.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is slightly off or not available. This may be a minor floor but can make a big impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool to use to find information on companies.

Research into other companies to gain a basic understanding of their operations.

"Why not use Owler to know your competitors!!!"

What do you like best?

Owler has really helped me in my daily tasks especially when looking for related companies' information. Owler also sends me daily alerts on companies I follow, this ensures that I don't go online to search for the companies on a daily basis thus keeping me up to date with the information I much need.

What do you dislike?

Currently I am enjoying everything about Owler as it is very reliable and helpful when it comes looking for related company information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Owler to those who have not tried it; it's the best software as it gives the exact information you need while being detailed enough as you will find more related companies listed on Owler which you might not find on other software.

I have so many projects which require me to get information about related companies and Owler has come in handy in this as it's the best software in this project.

Michael L.

"Free Company News Alerts, Social Media Tracking, and Polls"

What do you like best?

As a free service, Owler is heads and shoulders above Google Alerts. The service provides higher precision and does a much better job of filtering out non-business content. They also recently launched a set of competitor tools for comparing companies and have begun suggesting additional companies to track (e.g. You follow X how about Y?)

Owler integrates corporate news, press releases, blogs, and videos (YouTube and Vimeo).into a single viewer making it much easier to track key customers, prospects, and competitors. The viewer allows sales reps, competitive analyst, and market researchers to quickly evaluate and track a company across multiple content categories.

They have also put together a funding dataset similar to TechCrunch. It appears to be fairly strong, but this is not my area of expertise.

What do you dislike?

The executive content is thin. They only provide the CEO name, a CEO performance poll, and an executive change feed. There are no other executives provided in the service.

Company list building is under featured and only covers a limited number of companies. Executive screening is not available.

They have yet to incorporate Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn into their unified viewer, but when they do, this service will be extremely valuable.

The service offered a decent mobile app but decommissioned it. Because there is no longer a mobile app, I lowered my overall score from 8 to 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a free service, so your cost is simply that of a few minutes visiting the site and checking it out. Setup a few key companies you want to track with daily emails. Avoid public companies in your test as you want to see how it does on companies with limited news coverage. Other free or lows cost services to test it against are Yahoo Alerts and InsideView Free.

They also have funding data. For this, you can compare it against CrunchBase or any of the subscription PE/VC datasets.

Make sure to check out the service on your mobile device and filtering by category.

Company Tracking and altering via web browser, mobile browser, and email alerts. Having a unified viewer across multiple datasets (news, press releases, video, blogs, and Owler polls) makes it easy to quickly research a company or track key companies.

Graham P.

"Owler rocks for auto-pilot account and competitor updates "

What do you like best?

It's so simple to use ---- add accounts you're interested in following, set it and forget it. Competitive intelligence and Target account PR updates/trigger moments come to you every morning.

What do you dislike?

Because it's crowd-sourced, there can be some big misses. I don't always trust some of the information about a certain accounts competitors when the account is a more niche subset of a much larger category (e.g. big data analytics)

keeping up to date on what our competition is doing in the marketplace, and general trends. spotting key trigger events for ABM target accounts

"Great way to gain information "

What do you like best?

I like the ease and connivence of finding relevant information about the people I am trying to contact and get ahold of. I also enjoy being to find information about my company and and our competitors. The platform is easy to use and doe not take a lot of time to learn. One thing I think is very important is that I am able to see what companies are merging or being acquired. This helps me stay up to date and relevant.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is not accurate or unavailable for certain companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great tool to use. I was spending a lot of time trying to find basic information about a prospect. Now I am able to be more efficient in the use of my time. This has allowed me to cover more ground and be more successful in contacting those I am prospecting.

I am able to be more efficient in searching for information.

"Amazing For Pre Call Research"

What do you like best?

Everyc company I sell into is on Owler, there is always useful information to take into sales calls.

I love the ability to see competitors as well as the fact that it's based on user data, which makes the platform reliable. Being able to see competitors, trends, revenue, funding and more really helps me get my head around my prospects business (where they stand, who thier targeting, things like that)

What do you dislike?

At times it's admittedly tough to tell how accurate the data actually is. More data would be better as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use with caution. The platform is great, I'm a huge fan you've got to be wary though. They information obviously is not always going to be 100% correct. Use it as a guide, not as an end all be all.

I'm solving the fact that often times its tough to know which competitors are actually competitors of the company I'm speaking to.

Owler helps me get my head around my prospects landscape, what they do, how much money they have, who thier competing with etc...

"Amazing tool which is a must tool for Market Research"

What do you like best?

The user friendly portal which solved all the complexities related to data research.

What do you dislike?

Inclusion of financial details are needed

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Must have software

Quick TAT related to data research that minimises the effort time Ji

"Review for Owler"

What do you like best?

Owler is awesome! I use it as a prospecting tool to find out what's happening with my accounts. Whenever something is in the news with my accounts or even with companies that I'm interested in, I receive an alert. It keeps me sharp and on top of my game.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the amount of daily emails I receive. I receive all my news in one congested feed which isn't that user friendly. At times, it's tough to find some of my top accounts on Owler, and other times I don't get the most accurate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think Owler is a great tool especially if you are in sales. The site aggregates information for you to digest in one central location. You are kept up to date on the companies that you care about most.

Working smarter and not harder. I simply use this as a prospecting tool for my accounts.

Justin H.

"It is a Hoot"

What do you like best?

The ability to review all aspects of a company while directly displaying competitors.

What do you dislike?

Some of the questions/insight do not provide truly relevant content.

Quick comparison and identification of competitors

User in Market Research

"Useful, tailored news snippets"

What do you like best?

The daily emails help me keep up-to-date on industry and competitor developments. I like that I can pick the companies and sectors of interest to me, so too that there seems to be little

What do you dislike?

I'm not convinced that the popularity comparisons of different CEOs or companies is accurate or useful.

Owler is a good source of industry and competitor news and information. It helps me keep on top of developments in a crowded and busy marketplace.

"Awesome tool for quick access to company information"

What do you like best?

I like the overall amount of information that you can find from Owler.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much. Sometimes for small companies they don't have data on competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Owler is awesome! Use instead of Sales Navigator!

We are currently leveraging it to help our organization see who is competing with the organizations we have as clients as well as people we are reaching out to.

Christina S. B.

"Owler is a great free tool that can help get more accurate information out"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use Owler is. Also the fact that you can enroll, free, and in under a minute is great. It helps you update information quickly and easily. I like the layout of the program

What do you dislike?

I was having trouble adding the links to the social media platforms. I will have to reach out and see why that is.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use.

being able to track additional competitors is really helpful!

"Owler for a Birdseye View "

What do you like best?

I love the updates on companies relevant to my industry and the easy to review formatting.

What do you dislike?

I had forgotten I was subscribed to the newsletter, I"m glad G2 reminded me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Signing into your account provides more specific info. Very easy to use.

It's a great competitive intelligence tool.

"Fantastic sales tool with morning updates!"

What do you like best?

Owler sends a digest either containing prospect or competitor news. Comes in helpful when keeping tabs on your industry.

What do you dislike?

If I had any say, the first page upon log in would be a dashboard with news/articles on the companies you follow

Time spent keeping tabs on a long list of prospects and competitors. Owler notifies you when something major happens.

Samantha S.

"Owler review "

What do you like best?

i like the competitor information and the quick overview of the companies, it's a fast way to gage a company and what they do

What do you dislike?

doesnt have a lot of smaller companies info so building out more would be helpful

i'm seeing the competitiors of potential customers to tailer my messaging

Ryan S.

"Owler helps comb for accurate small business data and sentiment."

What do you like best?

Many very small companies can be found on Owler that otherwise may not post their financial or leadership information. Very helpful when looking for competitors and specific information on companies.

What do you dislike?

The data could be easily manipulated by a group of people who might provide false data with no checks and balances to their ambitions to skew data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As more users adopt Owler, the data will become more accurate and significant.

Ability to find competitors and comparable organizations within the SMB and even enterprise spaces.

"Good amount of company data, sources from a wide variety of news sources, and simple interface"

What do you like best?

I appreciated the comprehensive data found on each account page, such as company and competitor info. The grouping functionality was also very handy to be able to quickly scroll through the feeds of a set of companies. Also loved the Salesforce integration.

What do you dislike?

At times I came across duplicate or empty account records, perhaps some focus on data integrity would help

Having real-time alerts from highly-credible sights was great! Helped me manage accounts and build rapport nicely.

"Interesting tool, time killer"

What do you like best?

It's interesting to see some of the companies that they're comparing, interacting and giving information feels game-like.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure the information can be taken too seriously. People are asked if X is a competitor to Y - some might purposefully say one is not a competitor against the other or have no idea and select Yes/No anyway.

It's a good way to learn about companies in the space and kill some time. I don't use it for reviewing prospective companies.

Frédéric C.

"Very nice tool... and FREE !! "

What do you like best?

The daily alerts, the competitor analysis, the news, the suggestions of competitors, the detailled infos...

it is realy amazing how they discover things about competitors.... and it is free !

What do you dislike?

Nothing

May be more infos about the best social media pieces of competitors, new recruitments and so on, but it is very good

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great job !!

eReputation

Competition watch

E
Executive Sponsor

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Streamlines the research of prospects and accounts. One stop.

What do you dislike?

Two-stage sign in is cumbersome. Employee counts are often incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try. You'll be pleased.

We need a lot of background on our prospects and accounts. Owler saves the steps of going to multiple spots to gain insight

"Good for tracking news, industry insights are not useful"

What do you like best?

News is wrapped up into one email. Way easier to digest than individual alerts.

What do you dislike?

It's basically a glorified Google Alerts. I find the Owler industry insights not useful at all in our industry. CEO and employee reports are bad

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only select companies you want to follow. Not everything they send your way is relevant and if you want to only have pertinent info hitting your inbox, you'll want to cut back on companies you follow. It is a nice way to get news alerts in one email.

Monitoring industry information. I find new articles through them quickly.

"Owler Review"

What do you like best?

SO HELPFUL! Use sales loft extension to keep emails personal

What do you dislike?

Honestly- nothing. I really find this helpful and it makes my job a lot easier and faster

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Serioulsy consider for sales teams

I'm in sales so it's necessary for writing emails

Sivasankaran K.

"Owler is an Competitors of Linkedin and Crunchbase. They are providing quality Business reports. "

What do you like best?

Company profiling.

Top Business news.

Private and Public company revenue.

What do you dislike?

No Mobile app.

No Android app.

Emails not displaying.

Market Research reports,

Private company financial reports.

CEO contacts.

It is really helpful for my Research Business.

"Helpful, useful information about companies"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to find information about the companies I'm prospecting - to hear about major company changes so I can understand what is important to them.

What do you dislike?

I received too many email updates - luckily you can fix that.

Finding information about companies quickly all in one place.

"Owler is a great tool!"

What do you like best?

Owler allows me to understand my targets competitors, reported revenue etc. this enables me to see if a prospect has a competitor to who uses us and something to reference.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about owler!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it!

I can be much smarter when it comes to targeting our customers competitors to use our solution.

UP
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Not really accurate."

What do you like best?

You get constant alerts on your company and its competitors. It also has a simple interface.

What do you dislike?

The data isn't always accurate. Also, some of the data points shown aren't always the most useful (e.g. # of Facebook followers).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just one source of many you should use.

I've used this for quick business intelligence. It's just another free source to use.

Learning about Owler?

* We monitor all Owler reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.