Mediaocean Prisma Reviews & Product Details

Mediaocean Prisma Overview

What is Mediaocean Prisma?

Mediaocean Prisma is a marketing software platform provider that allows users to automate every aspect of the advertising workflow, from planning, buying and selling, to analyzing and optimizing, to invoicing and payments.

Mediaocean Prisma Details

Mediaocean
1967
New York, NY
@TeamMediaocean

Answer a few questions to help the Mediaocean Prisma community
Have you used Mediaocean Prisma before?

Mediaocean Prisma Reviews

Showing 29 Mediaocean Prisma reviews
Already have Mediaocean Prisma?
What do you like best?

I like the organization of MediaOcean because they have multiple smaller programs like Spot Toolkit, Prisma, Lumina, etc. But they make it easy to know which program to use for which need, and the customer service is organized in a way that experts on that specific program can help you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The usability can use some work. When I use Prisma, I would like to be able to select people to notify from the dropdown, but instead i haveto manually type or copy and paste the emails every time i send an MAF. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

see what other vendors have the same offering Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to get funds authorized by advertisers, submit goals for media buyers, and reconcile media buys Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Director, Client Lead
What do you like best?

In comparison to the other primary media planning/buying system, Strata, Mediaocean is far superior. Prisma is very user-friendly and they are constantly implemented changes to make things easier. Another benefit of Mediaocean is that it is the most widely used, so it is easily integrated with both buyers and sellers. Mediaocean support is absolutely top-notch -they are super quick and knowledgable. I love that they offer a live chat feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Spectra, who houses all print and spot media, is very outdated. Not only is the look dated, but it is also extremely slow. I seem to be constantly getting error messages. It also takes a very long time to load the program. I also feel like Mediaocean as a whole crashes a fair amount - not just Spectra, but Prisma as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely the premier media planning and buying system. It's the most sophisticated tool currently on the market. If you want to keep up with all of the other agencies, you need Mediaocean - particularly Prisma for buyers and Spectra OX. The resources that they give you to learn the platform are also top notch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is an essential in the world of media planning and buying, so I use primarily to input and send insertion orders. Mediaocean allows to you seamlessly plan digital, print and spot buys directly within the platform, send out insertion orders to vendors, and reconcile invoices against campaigns. Mediaocean is an essential part of every media planner/buyers campaign cycle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

i like that i can do both my time tracking and project tracking through this tool. it allows me to search through hundreds of different job codes and easily identify the ones that i need to use to track the amount of time i've spent on my projects. i also like that i can create new jobs through media ocean and track the amount of money bucketed/remaining. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don't like how difficult it is to find jobs that need editing once they're newly created and submitted. for example, when i'm finished creating new jobs for the new fiscal year, they have to be reviewed and approved by our finance department. sometimes there are errors within each job and the titles are made long, so it takes some time to look through each option and select which job needs editing. i also don't like that there are a lot of criteria to be filled out when creating new jobs/estimates, but that's only because we're not required to fill all of those out at my workplace. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

media ocean helps solve time tracking and project management issues at my previous workplace. i've realized the benefits of being able to track my time for each of my individual projects on this tool, as well as being able to create estimates for each job/project and see how time time/money we have is leftover. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like about Media Ocean products, from a time tracking perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Their unstable web app will regularly crash and lose unsaved data. They seem to make interface updates once or twice a year but there's never an improvement in the experience. Through the successive time tracking products I've had the displeasure of using, not once have they made something that was better than what came before it. I don't understand how it's so difficult to get right. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm sure there are other, better time tracking systems out there that could be implemented at a corporate level. I don't have insight into why this product tends to be so popular with agencies, be it integration with other software, etc, but it's a universally-hated time tracking system from the end user perspective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem of what to do with all those spare minutes in the workday has been solved by Media Ocean's time tracking products. They're incredibly efficient at sucking up time. My relationships with coworkers has also benefitted from having to use Media Ocean products, since I have yet to meet someone who doesn't hate using these products and we're all able to commiserate about our poor experience, forming stronger bonds. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media Account
What do you like best?

I like prisma in that it allows me to keep each media buy and campaign financially organized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how slow the interface can be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized how beneficial it is to use prisma as it houses everything needed to run a successful digital campaign Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IM
What do you like best?

It helps connect the media side of the agency to the financial side. And makes for a smooth transition when it comes to paying the different vendors Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

More than once, the software would cause multiple errors and the reporting is not the most userfriendly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MediaOcean has helped us pay vendors on time and accurately. so it has helped us to be more efficient Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love Prisma. Takes some time to learn and recently the platform was just completely revamped, but once you've mastered the basics it is extremely efficient.

MediaOcean support is AMAZING. You can call, chat, email with them any time of day and they are actually extremely helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I also like Spectra OX and think that it is easy to use, but the platform is extremely old and out of date. It is so slow to log-in and operate. Every time that i am disconnected from wifi, it crashes. Not to mention, it looks like it is straight out of the 1980s. They really need to update. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your company deals heavily with digital buying, it is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

-Media planning and billing clients

-Mediaocean's flowcharting product, Lumina, is amazing beneficial and saves countless hours of manually building out flowcharts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

I like the Versatility of the features offered. It can be nice to you be able to visit one place to get many different types of information about business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is clunky and an intuitive and often crashes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really liked that whenever I reached out to customer service about an urgent issue, I always got a quick response and they always followed up to make sure that my issue was resolved and that I had a positive experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I extremely disliked the fact that I was only able to have 4 tabs open at a time. That was extremely inconvenient. While working on multiple buys, I often need to look at multiple pages at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problem media ocean helps my company solve is sending buys in a synergistic way so that we can avoid mistakes. Being able to look at things like Book Look in the same program as the buys makes it easy to make quality decisions about programing when looking at ratings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UB
What do you like best?

I do not like Media Ocean. I do like the join, and split feature. It makes maintenance of units easier. I like the idea and purpose of Media Ocean, but I do not think it works well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike everything about Media Ocean. There is too much dissonance between systems - for example our accounting team does not see the same things that the investment team sees which makes clearing invoices very difficult. I also do not like that ratings do not follow make good units. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Media Ocean for all of our national buys. I think the first benefit is that they are all in one place, and technically the invoice clearing is in the same system - but every invoice has to be manually entered so there are a lot of errors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Negotiator, Local Investment
What do you like best?

spot desktop is the most updated buying system in the industry. Its ease of use trumps other buying programs. We are able to have multiple buys open at once and connect with national reps directly when managing Makegoods for our schedules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

-At this point the system should be better connected with the selling side. Just as sellers are able to distribute MGs through spot desktop, there should be a way for rates and revised rates to be submitted directly through the system.

-OX is slow and filled with glitches. Some reports take over an hour to pull.

-IT support: could be better. Hard to get through via phone.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Earlier this year I used a OX which is also a mediaocean program. This outdated program has made me appreciate working with spot desktop for all buying capabilities.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Media Ocean gets the work done, that's what I like best. It honestly isnt designed very well but it does what its suppose to do. Managers can easily approve IOs and clients get their invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The copy and pasting doesn't work as effectively when it comes to duplicating lines. There are "tricks" I need to teach my associates to use when it comes to Media Ocean because the system will not do what it is logically suppose to do. It honestly takes up half your day entering a buy and it is something everybody dreads at the office. They need to improve their interface because at this point it is tedious work that we are paying smart associates for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can avoid Media Ocean, I would. The people who you are training for this app learns absolutely nothing that they can carry over to their next job. It has a horrible interface that makes you want to rip your hair out. If you don't save on accident, all of your 5 hours of work is gone. The copy and pasting sucks when you are trying to duplicate. There isnt enough room to type out things and you constantly have to "create" your own sub sections which takes even more time. Go with Prisma Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are in the process of transitioning to Prisma, but as of right now we are still using Media Ocean for contracts, IOs, and invoices. The only good thing I will say is that everything is listed out clearly for both parties to read. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I enjoy that the tool integrates with several other applications - like our invoice system and also a system for adding programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The tool has several errors, constantly freezes, and each system has a different interface so that different teams are looking at the same information and seeing something different. I dislike that impressions don't travel when you're adding in units. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do not recommend using media ocean. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our previous system was discontinued so we needed a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the system isnt too complicated to learn. Buy Entry, Media Reporter and Net Research Reporter are the more useful functions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how outdated the system is. The look and appearance as well as some of the functionality needs to be updated. One of the main functions is actualizing/seeeding impressions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test out other systems first - some others seem more intuitive and more updated as compared to Mbox Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We store and manage large customer buys in the system. Benefits are that we can pull the system at any time for reporting purposes and it allows us to manage our inventory all in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The column filters and new updates such as being able to add more specifics when pulling up a buy in Buy Maintance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The little glitches that happen often such as trying to buy in extra bonus spots overnight. It can also be really slow sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits are the efficiency it allows with the stewardship of buys Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations & Strategy Associate
What do you like best?

I use Prisma for buyers and love that it displays all my campaigns in an easy-to-understand layout. I can rely on the data in Prisma to be the main source of truth for billing, budgeting and general campaign specs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when a campaign needs to be "agency accepted" i have to begin from the "buy" tab instead of the page loading to the "order" tab where the I am able to click the "accept" button. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am using Prisma Media Ocean to help keep my clients campaigns in order and be able to efficiently communicate with the partners from which I am buying the media for these campaigns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing about Media Ocean is that it can easily split :30’s to :15’s and does all the math for me. EDI is sometimes very efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read, can’t change daypart after package is made, EDI takes forever to come through, the whole system can crash and be unusable multiple times a day, when you clear $0 invoices they keep reappearing and you have to keep adding them multiple times even if you have to run an I2. What is an I2? What is it’s purpose? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Receiving large national buys much faster than entering them by hand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate, Integrated Investment
What do you like best?

The customer support is really great so whenever a question arises, help is easily accessible Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be slow and glitchy; you must double check campaigns to verify everything saved correctly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We manage all digital campaigns through Media Ocean; benefits include a streamlined process that is consistent across accounts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I'm able to quickly check bookings to clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Finance system is not always integrated with media system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to trial the software first (if this is possible). Also make sure you do a detailed evaluation of what your short and long term requirements are as a competitor may be a better option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to track a large number of media campaigns in one place. The automation saves a lot of precious time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Video Investment Assistant
What do you like best?

Fairly easy to figure out how to navigate around Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin... It's slow, ugly, not user-friendly, requires multiple programs instead of one combined... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Stewarding media buys, keeping all clients in one place, dealing with invoices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

The operation is easy to use. Its well organized and built. Capable of handling a lot of data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes stops working and sends you and error message. Where you need to call for IT expert assistance Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media Ocean has the great capacity of being able to handle a lot if information. I am using to resolve buys discrepancies. Its great to add information without any problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

It is organized, and has a friendly user interface Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When looking at campaigns on the big tab, it’s difficult to sort by partner. You have to search for your partner, but can be frustrating when your partner might be someone like TEN, but other placements have ten in the details so they show up in the search. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to understand and to train others to use the platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to efficiently send insertion orders and have your campaign and billing be in one area. It’s like a one stop shop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked best the formatting and ease., and it seemed like something I'd be using in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the amount it took for this system to operate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We solved issues such as emails bouncing back and some not receiving emails at all. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can see each line in a media buy and that I can copy lines to create new lines. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The software overall is not as funtional as othe rbuying softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Media ocean offers the benefit of easily being able to change errors made by data entry and DARE catches errors on makegoods that other softwares don’t catch. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.